PDA

View Full Version : too bad for cosplay.com

ayanamilisa
03-22-2004, 10:23 PM
hi i'm ayanamilisa
i put up the emma frost pic..but it got
deleted. I just wanted to know what
was bad about it..i guess i would
have kind of liked a repremand or somthing.
i really didnt think it was too bad..but
just let me know whats out of line

thanx

Admin
03-22-2004, 11:19 PM
Was it artwork? If so that would explain it. We have a policy forbidding artwork in the photo galleries, even if it's original.

If it was just a photo, PM me a link to it somewhere and I'll look at it to see if there was another reason.

Rosiel
03-23-2004, 09:30 AM
I deleted the photo after a member complained to me about it, on a judgement call that it was sexually explicit (and hence not PG). From what I remember, you were squatting down, licking one finger while your other hand was on your crotch. o_O I honestly don't see how this can be considered family-friendly.

So basically, it wasn't the costume (which was very nice) it was the pose.

ChicoChan
03-24-2004, 11:48 AM
wow.....sounds def like emma frost, but yeah we could do without the licking...and crotch touching...

ayanamilisa
03-25-2004, 11:08 PM
::extremely offended to point of tears::
thats not very nice of you to say at all.
First off i wasnt licking my fingers and i was
also not grabbing my crotch. I was putting
my hand in front not touching me at all.
I did it cuz i was afraid you might see something
which you couldnt if i hadnt done that. I stole
the pose from the real emma however i still
was not as explicit as her.

its not very nice at all the way you talked to me
its like you assume i just like putting up dirty pics
this is the first complaint against me and it will
be the last please be a little more considerite
i understand that possibly you just dont realize
you are sounding a little gruff but seriously
its hurtful

i dont enjoy being portrayed that way
i will never post pics of that costume again
if you like but please dont judge me

lisa

TheRyuujinMike
03-25-2004, 11:30 PM
I don't think anyone meant to judge you; it's their website and they moderate it as they see fit. If a member complains, and they see at least some foundation to the complaint, they have to take action.

And for what its worth, no one was being inconsiderate. You made the post, you asked for an explaination, and you got it. No one assumed anything. Just don't make the same mistake twice and no one will have any problems.

Ok, I'm done ranting ^_^'

ayanamilisa
03-25-2004, 11:47 PM
man i feel a little cornered look i was a little upset i know i asked
for an explenation i just felt it was a little harsh. i'm not going to
get mad and like rant forevero or anything i just wanted to defend
myself by at the very least saying i didnt grab my crotch. lol.
please dont call it a mistake. I'm not against anyone.
like i said it wont happen again. I'm not trying to rant
i'm just a little worried about people thinking the
pic was a little worse than it was. does that make sense?
i hope so..sometimes my replies are a little jumbled
peace guys i am not mad
p/s i did bite a finger so sorry about saying i didnt ^_^

kawada_shougo5
03-26-2004, 11:47 AM
Yeah, I've seen the pic. It does sound worse than it is when you try to explain it without ever having seen it. It's not explicit in my own opinion but others may see it differently and the moderators have to cover themselves so as not to have angry, overly conservative parents screaming that their sweet little children were scarred by some picture they saw on their site.

You should just post one of the other pics you have like the full body shot with your hands on your hips, one of the ones you posted in your journal. I'm sure they'd allow that one. The costume deserves to be seen and Rosiel even said it was the pose and not the costume that caused it to be removed.

shin kurenai
03-26-2004, 01:32 PM
i dont think the picture was remotely offensive

people just dont have anything else better to do :p

BlitzballMstr
03-26-2004, 03:21 PM
I have got to agree with kawada_shougo5 and shin kurenai the pictures sound worse than they really are. Personally I think it is a great Emma Frost I love it :love:

K_Valentine
03-26-2004, 03:28 PM
Eh, picture's gone. I never saw it. So I can't take either side.

I suppose if you post it again it'll get deleted again. So there really isn't much more to it.

Karisu-sama
03-26-2004, 10:53 PM
Rosiel's explanation doesn't sound harsh, merely straight-forward. In addition, she even complimented the costume. She wasn't judging ayanamilisa or even the costume to be "in the wrong", merely the apparently iffy pose in a particular picture. There is no need to get overly defensive about this.

The mods have to make a judgement call. If a pic raises immediate "not-family-friendly" alarms, it's not going to be thoroughly analyzed for "is that hand actually touching" etc. The impression it gives when you first see it is what counts. (I speak in generalities here, I have not seen the pic that started all this fuss.)

Speaking of "overly-conservative parents" :p, as a parent I have to pay attention to how the majority of people (including parents and children) out there are going to view this site. Even I, who am not too bothered by my own kids seeing mere skimpy-wear, do not think poses of an explicit / innuendo-type nature are appropriate for Cosplay.com unless the family-friendly policy were to be changed (unlikely.)

Admin
03-27-2004, 03:17 AM
If anything, this is probably a good example of why it's probably a better idea to PM a mod personally about why a photo was taken down, rather than post it in the site help forum. Personal questions like this get better (and more discreet) attention in private.