PDA

View Full Version : J-idol

Nagii
03-23-2004, 08:22 PM
According to the nice updated website of Anime North they have wrote up that they will be hosting something that reminds me of Canadian Idol. It's called *drull roll* ...J-IDOL!

Which basically follows the same rules as the show expect it's Jpop and Jrock not cappy english show tunes. To check it out go to the site, under Events.

I was just wondering how many are thinking of doing it?

MizuZero
03-23-2004, 08:37 PM
I love cappy showtunes. Top hats are such a plus.

Mari Moni
03-23-2004, 09:45 PM
OMG OMG
NOT ONLY THAT
there's also a jpop vs jrock fashion show contest !!
and a jpop/jrock cosplay contest !!!
*must join all* :jjacks:

heki-chan
03-23-2004, 09:48 PM
wow! awesome! AN has so much to offer this year *0*

_Mandy_
03-23-2004, 09:59 PM
I was going to enter...but I think I have bronchitis (spelling?) or something so if I'm better by the con then I will. I was thinking of singing Eternally by Utada Hikaru but then who knows how my voice will have held out by then. I was singing All You Wanted by Michelle Branch on Karaoke Revolution the other day and started coughing so hard I couldn't breathe. But, like I said, I hope I'm better by then.

Yuna-X2
03-23-2004, 11:23 PM
I'd sign up, but I don't know much j-pop, just whatever is on my games. :P And I'd probably butcher the words. :S But it would be fun!

x0xkasumix0x
03-24-2004, 09:16 AM
i enterd the j-idol contest ^^ ! YAY!

the_tennyo
03-24-2004, 01:52 PM
haha I would enter but
A- I suck anus at singing anything
B- im lazy
C- would I remember any songs???
D- I probably wouldnt be at the convention yet :) im getting there saturday night and all day sunday hehe

Kia
03-24-2004, 02:23 PM
I'd love to enter. I just don't know if I'll have time during the con to compete..

_Mandy_
03-24-2004, 03:29 PM
Well, I don't have bronchitis! YAY! I went to the doctors and I guess I just have a really bad cough...so I have to take this horrible medicine. It's makes me nauseous and dizzy...eugh. Anyway, I figure I'll enter, I just don't know what to sing. I just got my BoA CDs in the mail today...maybe I'll sing something of hers.

lainey
03-24-2004, 07:52 PM
yeah i wish they told us what time it would be on the saturday...since saturday is a REALLY busy day...

i dunno if i can participate -_-

_Mandy_
03-24-2004, 08:18 PM
I know what you mean. My plans are so scattered right now. They should have a better schedule up soon though...I hope.

Minakolabelle
03-25-2004, 01:15 AM
any one thought of emailing them directly and asking for more info?

Sarcasm-hime
03-25-2004, 02:17 AM
I'm tempted but I have sooooooo much stuff going on from now until AN that I simply do not have time to practice a song. Oh well...maybe I'll enter the Jpop vs. Jrock fashion thingy with my Ayu costume. Of course I actually think Jrock has cooler fashion....but I have a Jpop costume already made. *lol*

Chosuke
03-25-2004, 08:24 AM
Hmm.
This could mean one of four things.

Campy dancing in thigh-highs while pretending I am cool.
Me not being a lard-butt and finishing Ruka
Me not being a lard-butt and finishing Daishi
Or Watching and laughing at Minako.

x0xkasumix0x
03-25-2004, 09:39 AM
i had allready emailed them.. they said they wanted to hold in on the friday. but where not shur excaly when it would be ^^ ! yay i :heart: compatitions ! i wont even try to enter the j-cosplay one x_x.. because.. well i cant ever look like anny of them ! .. but i would love to make koda kumi's im a drunk t-shirt :thumbsup: back to class@!

Toodles

nuriko001
03-25-2004, 11:05 AM
aww you can't be laughing at the minako..*pokes her. I would enter but is unwanted.. and what's cappy. you mean crappy right? and when you meant drull you meant drum roll right?

Mari Moni
03-25-2004, 05:52 PM
i had allready emailed them.. they said they wanted to hold in on the friday. but where not shur excaly when it would be ^^ ! yay i :heart: compatitions ! i wont even try to enter the j-cosplay one x_x.. because.. well i cant ever look like anny of them ! .. but i would love to make koda kumi's im a drunk t-shirt :thumbsup: back to class@!

Toodles

so it's on a friday?!!!
YAYYY Now i can join for sure !!
wait, is that only referring to j-idol or all the jpop events?

_Mandy_
03-26-2004, 02:46 PM
Meep, I'm only going on Saturday or Sunday now *sniffle*. So I guess I can't enter. There's always next year though :)

x0xkasumix0x
03-29-2004, 04:43 PM
so it's on a friday?!!!
YAYYY Now i can join for sure !!
wait, is that only referring to j-idol or all the jpop events?

i was reffering to the j-idol thingy ! of course ^__^

Xanthe Kelsylva
04-16-2004, 01:20 AM
*jumping up and down* Murray! Murray! Murray! Murray! *clings to older brother* You HAVE to take me now!!!!!! I wanna be a J-Idol!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nagii
04-16-2004, 10:43 PM
I wonder if they will allow Jap Kor collabs. Likes Koda Kumi's and BoA's Meaning of Peace?

lainey
04-17-2004, 10:49 AM
^_^

i'm still debating whether or not i should sign up...and whether we'll have enough time to attend...?

nagii would u mind to make your siggy smaller?
lol

angelcosmos
04-22-2004, 06:49 PM
What's j-idol? ^_^; I'm afraid I have no idea what that is all about. If it's on a Friday, it may be too hasty for me. I have no idea how I am suppose to find my roommates since they have no cell. *sigh*

YukiPhnx
04-22-2004, 11:14 PM
hey. they're not sure if it's on a friday or not, yet. so don't get all worked up. and the deadline for entering the contest is this sunday. so better hurry if ur planning to enter. AN's holding a staff meeting around the beginning of May to determine that stuff.