PDA

View Full Version : Thursday-Night Photoshoots (5/27/04)

Eurobeat King
03-23-2004, 11:57 PM
Hey everyone,

Like last year at Fanime, I'm going to drive from SF to SJ to check out the scene to see who's there, and since I already pre-reg. for Fanime, this year I'll be able to pick it up (if they have it on TH night.) It's a new year, and a new locale, but still a fun con, so why wait until Friday for the fun to begin?

After work, I'll be driving to the SJ Marriott to see who's there, and if anyone plans to cosplay on Thursday night, I'd like to take photos. :) These will be individual photoshoots, NOT the BIG cosplay.com photoshoot that'll probably be on Saturday (time & place TBD) so if I see you in costume, I'll ask to take a few pictures. I should be there around 9pm, and so if you would like to get pictures, perhaps we'll arrange a gathering to meet-up inside the hotel.

Sounds good? See you BayArea and So.Cal cosplayers (who are coming up here) at Fanime, which will be a great 4.5 day convention!! :skidude2:

Hayashi
03-24-2004, 03:32 AM
Sounds like a plan. Maybe me and Umi will show up and see what's going on as well. I think Umi will have work and I'll be in school... but we'll see how the cards play out.

Nadeshiko
03-24-2004, 05:10 PM
I think Traveling Valentine will be stopping over there on Thurs. for Pre-Reg goodness. I'm not too sure since I don't know when my friends will be flying into SJC. I can't say for sure what I'll be cosplaying as, but most likely it will be something that could pass off nicely in public.

Kokuu
03-29-2004, 07:52 PM
Maybe I'll drop by with my Baralai (FFX-2) costume and some birthday cake as Thursday will be my 18th birthday XD

Eurobeat King
03-29-2004, 09:24 PM
Kokuu: I'll be sure to wish you a Happy Birthday on that pre-con night. :) Ooo.. Baralai, huh? Will you be bringing your Gunner-Yuna (your Avatar pic) to Fanime as well?

Kokuu
03-29-2004, 11:20 PM
Yeah, I'll probably be bringing gunner Yuna as well granted if I get around to redoing the shirt and the guns. I don't think I'll wear it as much, due to the millions of Yuna clones that will be running around. (heaven help us)

Eveil
03-29-2004, 11:36 PM
lol up for another zero day like AX? XD
hmm, not sure when I'll get there but leaving thursday (early)morning sounds good ;3
I'll probably bring something more .. Hilde or Kyouichi. xD

Tevina
03-30-2004, 08:10 PM
Hmm..pre-con gathering, that sounds like fun. Except...I have skewl! T_T

Kokuu
03-30-2004, 08:45 PM
Hmm..pre-con gathering, that sounds like fun. Except...I have skewl! T_T

Hehehehe... I'm skipping school on Friday. I'm a second semester senior, so by that point, school doesn't really matter, and I won't be doing anything in my classes either.

Miaka No Baka
04-01-2004, 05:34 PM
hmm hmm hmm interesting, shall see if i'd make it then... maybe i should pre-reg if I still can.... *goes to check* I can't wait for fanime, I'll finally be 22 by then XD (i turn 22 on the 25th ^_^ )

Miaka no Baka

Kae
04-03-2004, 01:14 PM
I'll surely be there, dressed up as me! Lmao. Or Love Hina...which ever is fine, everyone wont stop calling em their "Uber Cuteness"
Just to let you all now, I'm not Cute.
But if my Uncle Robert (Robert Miles) Goes, I'm surely going, either way I'm going to be there, if he's there I have Pre-reg. if not, I'll have to register there. I will be working most likely, I'll be out and about, I can't stay in one stop for so long. So if you see a girl dressed in black (Or weird clothes) and feeling up on people (random people and such) It's me, XD.
I hope to see you again Eurobeat King, I'll be sure to walk up and say Hi to everyone as well...I'm one to make everyone feel welcome. Heh, damn tme to heaven eh? Now...I hope Vash goes... (I have forgotten his name, I heard it from someone, he was at the Reccacon 2004, very sexy ;) ... ) Lol.
Later.

ChibiHiku
04-08-2004, 03:20 PM
Hmm... sounds like fun. I'll have to see what's going on around that time for me since I'll be having a load of SoCalers coming up to my place that nite. ^_^ We'll see!

SohjiroX
04-08-2004, 09:07 PM
I'm in on this but I hope I have time, hey Eurobeat King can you check on the post I made towards you at what people are cosplaying and stuff for fanime?

Eurobeat King
04-09-2004, 10:43 PM
Sohjiro: I'm not sure I know which post you mean, in terms of who's going and cosplaying as what.. As far as I know, people will be cosplaying whatever they like, and if they want to form a cosplay group, they can post the request to gather specific cosplayers on this Fanime section here, or on the Fanime BBS. (If you can show me the link to the post you're referring to, I'll reply as best I can.)

Hitori
04-10-2004, 02:05 PM
nya~ when do you think we'll have more details for this? I'd be interested, but I would like some specifics, time place, 'cause I don't want to show up and just wander around aimlessli^.^;;

Eurobeat King
04-10-2004, 02:46 PM
Hitori: Since I can't get off work on Thursday (I'm taking Friday and then Monday off to enjoy all 4 days of Fanime) I'll be driving up to San Jose in the evening. I'll get home at 7pm, eat a quick dinner, and then drive off to SJ, so I'll be there hopefully by 9pm. I don't know if the convention center will be open for pre-reg. (new year, new location) that evening, so I'll probably go to the San Jose Marriott to see who's there. We know each other, so I'll look for you in costume, and you look for me in normal clothes. :) So anyone who wants me to take photos of your costumes, meet me in the Marriott lobby after 9pm.

I'm sure people will be there during the daytime/early evening, and I wish I could be there earlier to make it a FIVE-fun-filled-Fanime-days of cosplay photos, but I can't get that much time off and I need the FOLLOWING Friday (June 4th) off for Project A-kon, so it's going to be a very HECTIC 2 weekends for me..

NOTE: This is an early-announcement to let everyone know that due to Fanime & Project A-kon being one weekend apart, I will be a little back-logged on posting pictures from Fanime.. I'll be taking pictures at Fanime all the way until Monday afternoon (5/31), so come Monday evening I'll start posting the pictures from the beginning starting from day .5 (Thursday 5/28.) So if you cosplay on that Thursday evening, yours will be the first pictures that will go up. :) I'll do my BEST to post as many Fanime pics as I can from Monday-Wednesday, but then I leave for A-kon on Thursday right after work, so I won't be able to post any further Fanime pics until I return. So I figure M-W I should post about 250-300 pictures per night, (about 800-900 pics will be posted before I go to A-kon) so PLEASE be patient with me as I tackle 2 cons within 2 weeks.. :thumbsup: Thanks!!

Hitori
04-10-2004, 02:51 PM
hmmm...... You know, Eurobeat King, I think you took the pic I used for mi avatar...
Aniwho, that sounds good, I'll post again when I know for certain, and when I decide what to wear^.^;; As of now, I have no clue.

Eurobeat King
04-11-2004, 03:03 AM
Hitori: I think you're right, in that I did take that picture, since I recognize the costume you wore on Halloween night, and that videogame behind you is the DanceManiax ver. 2.0, taken at the Milpitas GolfLand. ;) Anyway, you have time to decide, and time to make NEW costumes until Fanime comes. :D

Eurobeat King
04-28-2004, 11:10 PM
Hey again, everyone!

It's April 28th, so that means we've got a month to go until Fanime 2004 takes place. Good luck finishing up those costumes, and I look forward to seeing everyone on that Friday morning of May 28th. :) For those of you who WILL be getting there on Thursday night (5-27-04) for cosplay photoshoots, here's an update:

I booked a room at an inexpensive motel a few miles away from the San Jose Hilton/Convention Center, and I'll be staying there that night rather than drive back to San Francisco, and then driving to San Jose early that morning (40 minutes driving each way..) Sooo, that means I'll be hanging around the SJ Hilton for a few hours, from like 9-midnight, for cosplay photoshoots & possibly pre-reg. before driving to the motel to sleep. Then Friday morning I'll drive back to the Hilton early and then the 4 days of Fanime-fun begin!! :D

Good luck again with everyone's costumes, and I'll see you all sooon!!

Hitori
04-29-2004, 10:36 AM
Heyo, mi attendance will depend on if I have last minute costuming to do ^.^;;
But if I'm there, it would be something easi to put on, probabli Touya Kinomoto (Card Captor Sakura) which I wore at the Cherry Blossom Fest.

SohjiroX
05-01-2004, 06:06 PM
Sohjiro: I'm not sure I know which post you mean, in terms of who's going and cosplaying as what.. As far as I know, people will be cosplaying whatever they like, and if they want to form a cosplay group, they can post the request to gather specific cosplayers on this Fanime section here, or on the Fanime BBS. (If you can show me the link to the post you're referring to, I'll reply as best I can.)

I lost it...........darn it, it was mostly me asking for help taking pics for a website I wanted to probly do, but unfortuantly...cant type...no I cant type but I also cant find the thread it was in so I dont knwo if anyone replied to that, it was a pretty long thread.

Tevina
05-02-2004, 06:56 PM
Fanime is almost here!!! XD Can't make it to Thursday night shoot but I'll be there for all four days. =D

albarosa1116
05-03-2004, 10:49 PM
Hmm... I won't be able to make it on Thursday, but I'm driving down from SF to SJ on Friday afternoon with costumes in hand! Are you doing any Friday night shoots?

Eurobeat King
05-04-2004, 02:27 AM
albarosa: If you'll be there Friday morning/afternoon/evening, I'll probably find you if I know which costume you're wearing. If you're arriving on Friday evening, then you probably can catch me at the cosplay.com table-gathering Admin & I usually like to have on the 1st & 2nd nights (possibly a 3rd night since Fanime is 4 days long) of a con, which will be held inside the Hilton hotel (location in the hotel TBD) I'll start a sep. thread about it soon, and if you come find me at the gathering while you're in costume, if I haven't already taken your pic earlier in the day I'll do it at that time. :)

Aoshi Shinomori
05-04-2004, 01:02 PM
Hey al ill probably be there fri so i know ill run into u there.

albarosa1116
05-05-2004, 01:01 AM
Hey Eurobeat! I'll be there on Friday afternoon. I'm brining my Summoner Yuna, Cardcaptor Sakura, and a Super Gals! costume. I'm not sure what I'll wear Friday night, maybe Super Gals! or CCS. I'll be staying at the San Jose Marriott. Before then, you can catch me on aim! :)

L-Lamb
05-13-2004, 05:17 PM
I'm not a regular postie on this board but I do always keep an eye out. I was Hinoto from X last year if anyone remembers me.

Anyways, a Thursday night shoot sounds fun! I'll be there...I'm thinking in my Digiko costume ^_^
Hope to see you there Hitori!!

sharasun
05-16-2004, 01:52 AM
I'll be arriving Thursday afternoon, so I'll probably show up for your photo shoot, Eurobeat... Not sure which costume I might be wearing (I believe i'm bring 5-6 costumes total, Selphie from KH, Selphie from VIII, Noin from KKJ, #17 from DBZ, Anceint Kayura from Ronin warriors, and possibly Pikachu from Pokemon) but the Thursday night shoot sounds like fun!! I'd love to have a few more photo of me (Especially since I'm going to be debuting two new costumes at Fanime) and you alwase take good pics!! Hope to make it!!

-sharsa

Eurobeat King
05-21-2004, 11:17 PM
6 more days to go until Fanime pre-con Thursday! :) I can't wait to get done with work that day, go home & eat dinner, and then load my car and then zooom off to Fanime! Again, I'm estimating arriving at the SanJose Marriott after 9pm, so just be in costume around that time and hang out in the lobby. When I get there, I'll have my camera ready and we can start after I scope out the lobby area & hotel to spot good places for taking photos. (If you get there before and find a place (within close distance inside/outside the lobby) let me know and if it's not too busy, we can take a few pics at a background of your choosing.)

Admin & Aeris should be there on Thursday as well, but not sure what time yet. If he gets there before I do, he too can take pictures, so if you see him walking around with his camera, you can ask him to take pics of you if he doesn't do so first. I'll get there as soon as I can, so I look forward to seeing everyone there on Thursday evening! :skidude2: