PDA

View Full Version : **Hotel Rooms For Anime North**

Squall1882
03-24-2004, 09:37 AM
Ok.. I hear people saying that the hotels are all booked up for Anime North.. if you mean the two listed on the site, the Renissance and the Park Plaza, then yeah you can only get it for May 21 - 22.. May 22 - 23 is all booked, but here is the catch. I called both hotels and asked if it's easy walking distance to the convention center, and they said that you cannot walk around in airport space and that you have to take a complimentary shuttle to the airport, then take a shuttle from there to the TCC. How long will that be when you want to race to change costumes to get back for another event. Here is the solution. I called the Radisson Suite hotel (416) 242 - 7400 which, by the way, is located at 640 Dixon road right beside the TCC and you can walk literally a few steps to the convention center doors, and the best of all there is still rooms available for May 21 - 23. I booked mine this morning. It is a tiny bit more expensive, a room going for $134 with mention of the convention, but isn't the convenience worth that extra little fee? Lol.. hope it helps!!

x0xkasumix0x
03-24-2004, 09:41 AM
me and my friends booked our hotel rooms early x_x and .. since .. we all can onlly afford to make one costume then ! yea its all good *nods* x_x

Machiko
03-24-2004, 09:42 AM
that doesn't make any sense. why are they giving you that "you can't walk in airport space" crap? i mean, you'd have to walk to get lunch at Mr. Sub or something wouldn't you?

but yeah, i knew about the hotel situation a long time ago. it only means you can't get the con rates (cheaper) at the 2 official hotels, but it's not the end of the world.

x0xkasumix0x
03-24-2004, 09:48 AM
yea .. maybe i should call and ask about aht.. i mean isisnt the hotel on same side near the convention center? like .. imean if there was the hotel.. then the air strip then the con center.. that would be stupid..... now im all wondering!! GAHH *Calls hotel and asks*

x0xkasumix0x
03-24-2004, 09:53 AM
and the hotels are not booked up! we called last night ebcause we neaded to reserve another room X_X and there were still rooms left!

Squall1882
03-24-2004, 09:56 AM
Lol.. i didn't mean to worry anyone... it's just I called the hotels and asked if it is walking distance.. both told me you can't walk.. so... yeah.. besides they were all booked anyways at this point.. I just thought I would post it cause at the most you may get hasselled by airport security if caught walking.. but the website for Anime North suggests you can walk.. so was confused.. I wanted to hear peoples opinions.. I hope this "no walking" theory is proved wrong, and that the hotel people are just severly mis-informed, cause taking those shuttles would suck a@$! lol..

x0xkasumix0x
03-24-2004, 10:07 AM
thankers for tellin ^_^ ! lmao soo who u going to cosplay as @ the con?

x0xkasumix0x
03-24-2004, 10:08 AM
and at least we wont have to pay like 30 $ for taxi ^_^ ! O_O cuz the shuttles are free right ? O_O

Squall1882
03-24-2004, 10:35 AM
From what I was told, yes, the shuttles are free. Though I'm not sure on how long the trip to the airport and back will be. I'm not sure yet what I am gonna cosplay (in an anime sense) but I want to improve my Witch Hunter Robin (Amon) costume to wear around and make a much better one for the masquerade. Also I plan on entering the Jrock cosplay and fashion shows.

x0xkasumix0x
03-24-2004, 10:49 AM
kewl ^_^ omg if some one whent as gackt.. id glomp them...!! i wonder if there is gonna be anny gackts.. <3<3<3<3<3 .. sorry.. was just watching gackt videos !

Kia
03-24-2004, 02:28 PM
thankers for tellin ^_^ ! lmao soo who u going to cosplay as @ the con?
Just wanted to mention that this thread was supposted to be about the hotel situation at Anime North, not who and what you are going to cosplay. If you want to discuss that topic then go here: http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=19993
Not trying to be a bitch, but even if this topic is over you should be discussing the right topic in the right place. ^_^

Squall1882
03-24-2004, 02:44 PM
I don't mean to rant either Kia but every time I posted the paragraph had something to do with the topic thread in it. As does this, has anyone else heard differently about the hotel "walking" situation? Can you walk in the airport space? If anyone hears differently please post it cause I'm sure many people would be relieved to hear that what I heard isn't true.

Lol.. no hard feelings Kia.. I respect that fact that you like to keep the topic threads clean and pure! Keep up the good work! :)

Kia
03-30-2004, 09:37 AM
Sorry about taking so long to respond. I just honestly didn't know what to say regarding your earlier post. I apologize that you thought I was reprimanding you. I wasn't. In my post I quoted the person who was off topic. I only stepped in because I felt that your thread was indeed important and I did not feel it was right of someone to just come in and try and throw the discussion off topic, especially because there is actually a thread entirely devoted to what costume everyone will be wearing at Anime North. *That* was the problem I had with this thread.
And I did notice that you responded very nicely to that other post and brought things back on topic. I wasn't trying to be pushy or get on people's cases, I just wanted to make sure that a legitimate discussion topic wasn't lost.

I apologize again that you thought I was telling you off.

Infini
03-31-2004, 03:27 AM
I'm going to be driving down to check out the hotel/convention area sometime soon, so I can check about the walking in airport space. Currently I have no idea where my hotel is OR where the congress center is, so I would like to have the chance to find out where I'll be going when I do get there for the con.

-Infini

Yuna-X2
03-31-2004, 08:36 AM
I'm going to be driving down to check out the hotel/convention area sometime soon, so I can check about the walking in airport space. Currently I have no idea where my hotel is OR where the congress center is, so I would like to have the chance to find out where I'll be going when I do get there for the con.

-Infini

Thats a really good idea. Knowing that I'll probably be in the Park Plaza Airport hotel, I have no idea how I'm going to get from one place to the other... Hopefully the 'no walking' thing is just something with miscommunication.

Tartrazine
04-07-2004, 02:06 PM
Here's the situation: the TCC, the Renaissance, the Park Plaza, and the various other hotels near Anime North are all *near* the airport, but not on airport property. Anime North's buildings are close enough to the airport that there are often planes flying low overhead, yes, but it's in NO WAY a special security area or anything like that.