PDA

View Full Version : crossplay coming out of

morlune
03-25-2004, 04:07 AM
*deleted......*

Darien
03-25-2004, 12:58 PM
I feel the same way about female clothes, but you have to do what's right for you. If you really wish to crossplay then just do it. You could decide to tell your parents but it really depends on how open minded they are, but only if you are ready to tell them. When crossplaying you should try to have fun and not worry what other people think.

~sora~
03-25-2004, 01:23 PM
I totally feel your pain morlune... i understand totally, i have the same problem.

vash_humanoid
03-25-2004, 03:41 PM
lol yeah same exact thing for me except my mom just recently fond out i was wearing female clothes, so i thought i would just tell her then. u can "accidentally" leave a piece of clothing out and they will ask u y and eventualy in the cnversation u tell them. if you dont want to you can e-mail their work e-mail addres and explain the definitions and y i mean they cant interupt a letter...

hope i helped ^_^

NekyuToi
03-25-2004, 03:44 PM
Well, if you do not want her to know, just wear cosplay clothes to your liking, and if you are cosplaying as a woman, say the character is bishounen, and they are supposed to look like that, and when you cosplay, you are actually becoming that character, so who cares if you are cos/crossplaying, it's your life. And I am sorry if I got a little..philosiphic, [is that the correct spelling?], but that is how I feel.

Sashi
03-26-2004, 04:07 AM
Fortunately I've never had that problem.I used to love dressing as a boy when I was little,especially for fancy dress parties.
But where I can sort of relate is people's unacceptance towards crossdressing and crossplay.Sometime last year I started a topic on a local forum(south african) and it was locked very quickly.I started the same thread about 3-4 times and it was always locked.People (mostly the guys) took it as a great insult for some reason.I still don't understand why.I dunno why it's so frowned upon by the local "otaku" but it's a big "no-no".The topic of crossplay had caused many arguments (mostly between me and everybody else).They seem to think that you hafta be gay or something in order to crossplay which I know is not true.It's fun.And to prove a point I do plan on crossplaying as some stage too(just waiting for more events).
But Morlune you must realise that your "desires" are gonna come out at some time,whether it be now or later,your folks will find out.Better sooner or later I think and who knows,they may be more accepting than you think.

NekyuToi
03-26-2004, 11:41 AM
Sashi, you make a good point, I cannot understand why your posts would be deleted, maybe they were highly religious, but lets not go into that..

~sora~
03-26-2004, 12:14 PM
Highly religious? oh well, i guess even that can go too far...
anyways. i spent a month secretly making a costume (i wont say which one) but my mom found all of the hard work and stuff i had spent so much time working on.
and she let me Keep that one, BUT she said if she saw anymore, she would toss it...
although she is still letting me cosplay mousse(ranma 1/2) this year, she said "guys are not supposed to wear women's clothing" so i replied "hey, its just i happened to like the character so much that i just wanted to crossplay them." she understood, and told me to "find a different Costume" ............

bummer

NekyuToi
03-26-2004, 12:36 PM
Oh, you should hide it in a different place next time, that is a little horrible though, not letting you do what you want, you should tell her it is only clothes to keep you warm, not a fashion show!

Decibella
03-31-2004, 04:26 AM
I wanted you to know I empathize and sympathize with your dilemna too Morlune. Grrrl gear is definately much more interesting, better designed, and actualy fitted. And I find female character's costumes totally more fun to make and wear!
But don't despair, cuz you won't always be living with your parents... It gets a lot easier as you get older especially if you move to a more cosmopolitan city. I'm not sure if my 'rents know what i do or not... if they do, we never discussed it. My girlfriend's family knows though and they get a real kick out of my crazy costumes. That's a relief cuz I hated sneaking around in costume drag. Platform heels and corsets are neither built for stealth nor mobility....

Kawaii_Tifa
03-31-2004, 11:37 AM
I love female clothes too! If I could I would buy for many crossplays that I'd like to do (yes, I'm Brazilian, so My english isn't that good... sorry people~~')

Kenjiro
03-31-2004, 02:34 PM
Sometimes what people dont know wont hurt you.

I've been crossplaying for cons and gigs for years, and nay has my parent discovered how far this hobby goes.

Of course, I've had a 'problem' with gender confusion since I was a child. What I mean is, ever since I was a kid, people have always just assumed I was a girl. I had really long hair as a kid, and would always get comments on how pretty my hair was, and other jazz. Shocked people when they found out I was a boy.

Cut my hair during adolescence, and people started to just assume I was a lesbian. I mean it gets really really irritating after awhile. Even today, at 22 years old, people *mainly guys* will still assume I'm a girl, and hit on me. They just think I'm *flat*. Its amazing how deep guys can be, isnt it? lol

Anyhoo, I'd say before you decide to 'come out' of this crossplay closet, I'd say to ask yourself how worth it would it be? Would it be better if you just didnt bother to mention? How much chaos could potentially be caused? Gotta think about that before you start telling the world. Sometimes they dont need to know.

Kawaii_Tifa
03-31-2004, 08:22 PM
I'm doing crossplays with no regrets!^^ I love crossplays!^^ Yeah!^^V