PDA

View Full Version : Glueing on fake eyelashes

Sashi
03-25-2004, 03:32 AM
I've tried this before to no avail....
My eyelashes are a bit short so I tried using fake eyelashes for length and volume(plus it would've looked good with the costume)but I had such a hard time trying to glue them on.Dunno what I'm doing wrong but I can't seem to get the lashes close enough to my own and it always lands up too far away from mine(even though it feels close).Plus I dunno if I'm applying too much glue either...My friend also tried help me glueing fake lashes with disastrous results!He put too much glue on the fake lashes and my eye was glued shut(had to wait for the glue to dry so I could peel it off).And still no luck with attaching the lashes.So I eventually gave up with them....

How do you glue on fake eyelashes???How much glue should you apply??Must the glue be applied to the lashes or the eyelid??

Kokuu
03-25-2004, 05:20 AM
Before putting on fake eyelashes, I recommend curling and applying mascara to your own, as it will give you a bit more length to work with, and it will prevent the "double lash" look- since eyelashes are normally relatively straight. Apply a very thin amount evenly across the fake eyelashes. Depending on the glue, you might want to wait a little bit for the glue to get "tacky" so it will stick better to your lashes. Read the directions, since fake eyelashes can differ slightly depending on the quality,

inertia
03-25-2004, 06:58 AM
It definitely helps to let the glue sit for a while (10~30 seconds?) so that it's less liquid.

Have you checked the length of the lash band in comparison to the length of your eye? I always have to cut the bands on mine to make them fit. Sometimes they're obviously much too long (like my new pair, nearly 1 cm. too long for my eyelid) and you KNOW you have to cut it, but if they're even 1 or 2 mm. too long it'll cause the lash to keep popping off when you try to apply it.

Lady
03-25-2004, 10:03 AM
I've always had to trim my false eyelashes, too*nods* I try to do a basic quick measurement with the lashes dry, just to see how much needs to be trimmed off, before I try applying them.

Another option would be the individual lashes clumps you can buy. It might be easier to apply small groups of lashes than one long strip of lashes*nods*

Gren
03-25-2004, 10:07 AM
I apply the glue by squeezubg the bottle until a small sort of bubble of glue is at the tip, then tracing that over the eyelid. It applies just a tiny bit, which is just what I need.

dani
03-25-2004, 10:26 AM
This might help, from K Aucoin book...

Dani

archangeli
03-25-2004, 08:48 PM
This might help, from K Aucoin book...

Dani

Mmmm... Kevyn....

Also, after you've applied the fake lashes it sometimes helps to apply mascara to seal your real lashes in with them for a more natural look :)

Sashi
03-26-2004, 01:24 AM
Thank you so much.
I definately see what I was doing wrong!!O_O
I'll be sure to try this as soon as I can.
But is it absolutely nessecary to curl the lashes though???

archangeli
03-26-2004, 10:25 AM
But is it absolutely nessecary to curl the lashes though???

It depends. If your lashes already have a natural curl to them it isn't really necessary. But some people's eyelashes seem to grow straight down (asians mostly) in which case curling them first is essential! :dance:

HuongStar
03-26-2004, 04:28 PM
Here's something to consider:

Talika Paris Lash Extender
http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P42172
These unique, lightweight, natural looking fibers, provide the illusion of longer, thicker lashes without the bother and mess of artificial lashes and adhesives.

Simply apply your favorite mascara, then brush on Lash Extenders and follow with a second coat of mascara. Want more fullness or length for those special occasions? Just repeat the process. Undetectable and comfortable to wear, they remain in place until you remove your mascara. Contact lens wearers should insert their lenses before applying Lash Extenders.

I have yet to try it though! :D

HowlinMadMurphy
03-28-2004, 03:36 AM
Those look pretty scary! I wonder if they work.

Lady
03-28-2004, 01:54 PM
Lash extenders - I saw something like that on QVC once. At first it was nifty, but I noticed the model's eyes getting redder and redder and wetter and wetter as they were working on her*sweatdrops* That scared me away from ever getting something like that.

As for curling - I've never used an eyelash curler in my life*laughs* They just kinda...creep me out. I've also never put mascara on the top lid after applying the lashes. So, as mentioned earlier, I think it really depends on your lashes and how close you can get them to the eyelid*nods*

Dani - You rock hard! Thank you so much for posting that scan! I was always applying my false lashes from the inside of the eye (near the tear duct) and going to the outside! I never knew you should go the opposite way! I bet that's why they keep popping off and misaligning on me*laughs*