PDA

View Full Version : Yuffie from Kingdom Hearts

Sorahana
03-25-2004, 06:28 PM
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=120382

So what does everyone think? I already got higher knee socks for her and I need to make a shruiken sometime soon lol XD;. But seriously what do you think? Does it need anything?

Adara
03-25-2004, 06:47 PM
Warning: I'm being anal. X.x;

The color of the top is too light and pastel-ish. It should be a darker, more vibrant shade. Also, the straps should have a buckle on them, not a button. The shorts should be lower on the waist, below the bellybutton, and shorter. The belt needs to be a darker blue, and not in the loops of the shorts, and it needs the little black part on the sides.
Her sleeves also seem to be like fishnets, or at least a lighter gray than what you have. The top of them should have a much thinner silver stripe.
You should probably also try making boot covers.

X_x Sorry that was so nit-picky. If I was uber-harsh, feel free to beat the living crap outta me at AnimeNext. (84 days!!) =P

EDIT: Also, I based that all off of what i believe is a FF image. If its different in Kingdom Hearts, im sorry ^^;

Sorahana
03-25-2004, 06:56 PM
Hehe its ok XD;. I just realized a while ago about the buttons lol. I do need to do some of that stuff but I was unable to find some of that stuff so I improvised lol XD;

cutekawaii
03-28-2004, 12:09 PM
It looks like you just threw this costume together... if you're going to ask for critique, you're gonna get a lot of nit picking if you have a costume you tossed together.

Besides all of what Sickness said, the shorts are too light, and the scarf is longer and tied differently. Try fleece. Sickness was refering to the FF7 belt, but since you know what the KH belt looks like, make that one. White knee-highs need to be off white thigh-highs. Is that duct tape on your arms? Use something else x_X Try foamies with poster board glues on top, spraypainted silver. If you're not gonna get a wig, style your hair with bangs swooping across. And I can't tell if you have her two feathers or not.

~Nikki

Sorahana
03-28-2004, 01:33 PM
It wasn't thrown together. I worked on this for over a month. I can honestly admit I suck at cosplaying. I don't even know why at Katsucon people kept taking pics of me in this costume. But No I don't have the feather things and I did get thigh highs for her but they're not accurate to the ones she has -_-. And I made due with what I have. I don't have a job to buy my own supplies, my mom buys my cosplay supplies and I can't sew either so.........
You're right I shouldn't have put this piece of crap up for critique. Thanks for your time.

KHs_Sora
03-28-2004, 06:02 PM
I think it looks good but it really matters if you like it.

Sorahana
03-28-2004, 06:05 PM
Aww thank you Sora. I do like my costume alot but I know its not perfect, but I'm still new to cosplaying so I don't understand why people are so harsh. This has happened one time before and I do except the criticism.

Lone Sheep
03-28-2004, 07:09 PM
I really wouldn't take any of the critiques too personally~ they aren't meant to be insulting~ you did ask if you needed anything so those who responded were just coming up with what they thought could be added or improved. ^_^

I think that taking in consideration the limitations you faced you did very decent job with it~ And you can always rework what you have right now without having to spend too much money.

Minor easy changes make a world of difference. ^^ You could dye the existing top you have now a deeper shade of green for example without having to rework it completely~ as for the straps, buckles really don't cost much, and I'm sure you could find something that would fit the blue straps you already have. ^_^ (Also, if you happen to have any leftover blue fabric, it looks like you could sew it directly onto the belt you are using now and add a new buckle and it'd look fantastic. ^^)

I would consider investing in a wig, since having the same hair style often makes you really resemble the character. Since Yuffie's hair is so short, you could find a good synthetic one that would fit inside your budget. Also, if you are feeling ambitious before the next time you plan on wearing it, try making boot covers out of the same fabric that you used for the gloves. (Speaking of, if you made those gloves from scratch you did a fantastic job *_*)

Of course, just about everything I said was already mentioned, but I'd really hate for you to give up on cosplaying Yuffie just because you felt that others were being harsh when you asked for a critique. I think that you picked a wonderful character to work on being new to cosplay since her outfit is relatively simplistic, and I'm positive that you would get a very positive response with any altercations you made.

Sora was right in saying that the only thing that matters is if you have fun wearing it~ just if you wanted to go back and keep on working on it, it wouldn't be hard to improve since you already have all the basics covered. ^^ (And to note, I've gone back to rework costumes up to over two years from the time I first wore them, so there's always things to improve on and the learn more about sewing and costuming the more you can work on them. ^^)

_Mandy_
03-30-2004, 05:21 PM
All I can say is the tops darker and the shorts are a little to high on the waist. I think they need to be a little shorter than they are too. Other than that very good job! ^_^ Yuffie's a cool character!

Sorahana
03-30-2004, 09:49 PM
I really wouldn't take any of the critiques too personally~ they aren't meant to be insulting~ you did ask if you needed anything so those who responded were just coming up with what they thought could be added or improved. ^_^

I think that taking in consideration the limitations you faced you did very decent job with it~ And you can always rework what you have right now without having to spend too much money.

Minor easy changes make a world of difference. ^^ You could dye the existing top you have now a deeper shade of green for example without having to rework it completely~ as for the straps, buckles really don't cost much, and I'm sure you could find something that would fit the blue straps you already have. ^_^ (Also, if you happen to have any leftover blue fabric, it looks like you could sew it directly onto the belt you are using now and add a new buckle and it'd look fantastic. ^^)

I would consider investing in a wig, since having the same hair style often makes you really resemble the character. Since Yuffie's hair is so short, you could find a good synthetic one that would fit inside your budget. Also, if you are feeling ambitious before the next time you plan on wearing it, try making boot covers out of the same fabric that you used for the gloves. (Speaking of, if you made those gloves from scratch you did a fantastic job *_*)

Of course, just about everything I said was already mentioned, but I'd really hate for you to give up on cosplaying Yuffie just because you felt that others were being harsh when you asked for a critique. I think that you picked a wonderful character to work on being new to cosplay since her outfit is relatively simplistic, and I'm positive that you would get a very positive response with any altercations you made.

Sora was right in saying that the only thing that matters is if you have fun wearing it~ just if you wanted to go back and keep on working on it, it wouldn't be hard to improve since you already have all the basics covered. ^^ (And to note, I've gone back to rework costumes up to over two years from the time I first wore them, so there's always things to improve on and the learn more about sewing and costuming the more you can work on them. ^^)

Thank you but the gloves are actually Mr.Clean cleaning gloves I found in Home Depot. Mr.Clean saves the day lol! I'll try and dye the top a little darker or something but my shorts can't be too low because of my parents not wanting me to wear very low shorts ^^;. And I tried rolling them up but next time I need to make sure I pin them ^^. But thanks for the suggestions!

yuffieleonheart
03-31-2004, 04:27 PM
^_^ As a fellow yuffie cosplayer =3 I know that this costume isn't as easy as it looks. XD She has tons of hidden details! IMO the shorts are pale yellow, ^^ but hey that's me, khaki looks great too =3 I would say like it's already been said, they should be lower, and shorter XD;; :: wow that sounds wrong. :: ^_^ You could find some buckles for the shirt aswell. ^^ I wish you luck with that. o_X It took me forever to find mine. x_x I eventually bought belts from a children clothing store and cut of the buckles XD. The blue and black belt that Yuffie wears also has studs on them, actually quite a few. I'm looking into adding more studs to mine. You can find them at a craft store. ^^ If you need help remaking the belt you know my aim so don't feel shy to ask me =3 As for the silver straps on her arms, vynl would look good ^^ I made mine out of vynl and I'm currently working on making them out of sheet metal o_x, and lastly ^^ the shoes, If you're not up to making boot covers, :: XD I wasn't :: try buying some shoes that are light and painting them :3 mine where originally tan and I painted them orange... I'm not happy with them XD but for the time being they look decent. O_o; the only other thing that I can think of that no one else has mentioned, is that she has stitching down the shirt ^^ on each side lined up with the straps, and the back of her shirt does not have two straps, the two front straps join to become one. :: It looks like a Y :: Well ^^; I hope that sorta helped..