PDA

View Full Version : Nekocon 7

dollssoulkirie
03-27-2004, 01:49 PM
Nekocon 7 is on November 5th-7th. Who's going? Or who's thinking of going? And what cosplay are you doing/thinking for Nekocon?

I'm going. It is the first con that I went to. That plus my friend's bringing her baby (once she has it) to the con on Sunday. I have to take pictures of that.

I'm also going to be cosplaying there too. I'm doing Rena Lanford from Star Ocean EX and Mio from Fatal Frame 2. I also have a Jin Uzuki (XenoSaga) costume being planned for this year. (I don't know if it's going to be for a con though...) And I'm thinking of also doing Aerith/Aeris from FF7. Don't know if I'm going to or not, but thinking of so.

ShatteredSunset
03-27-2004, 11:43 PM
I'm going, it's too close by not to go. I'm probably just gonna bring costumes as opposed to making new ones, though I can't say for sure.

dizzylizzy
03-28-2004, 12:08 AM
i'm going. it'll be my 3rd time at this particular con. i have NO clue what the cosplay shall be. lol i need to get passed otakon first. ^^

Cri_au_ciel
03-28-2004, 01:20 AM
Ah! I was waiting for this thread to come alive again. My second Nekocon. I will be showing up as Count D, Kafei, and Zoicite from the Live Action version. And, most likely, someone else thrown in.

dollssoulkirie, you are cosplaying Mio?! I planned on Mayu or Miku, but changed my mind.. hn. Maybe I should take up the idea again?

dollssoulkirie
03-28-2004, 11:52 AM
dollssoulkirie, you are cosplaying Mio?! I planned on Mayu or Miku, but changed my mind.. hn. Maybe I should take up the idea again?

It's really up to you. It'll be fun seeing another Fatal Frame character at the con. Kinda like I'm going to be able to see a Ashton Anchors at Nekocon as well.

Cri_au_ciel
03-28-2004, 07:46 PM
I'd really like to.. I better decide when it gets a little closer to the con. That way I can be absolutely sure. Hate to promise something and then never get around to doing it. ^^

Hey, if you see me at Otakon.. I'd love to take pictures of your Rikku costumes. When are you planning on wearing them?

Giant Alucard
03-29-2004, 08:49 AM
LOL, I'll definitly be going since the con is only a couple miles from my house. Not sure what I'll do for cosplay til after AMA and Otakon. w00t.

dollssoulkirie
04-01-2004, 11:56 AM
I'd really like to.. I better decide when it gets a little closer to the con. That way I can be absolutely sure. Hate to promise something and then never get around to doing it. ^^

Hey, if you see me at Otakon.. I'd love to take pictures of your Rikku Lumbers. When are you planning on wearing them?

If I can get the costumes done, which two of them are, one for all three days. FFX Rikku for Friday, Black Mage Rikku for Saturday, and Gun Mage Rikku on Sunday. *giggles* Rikku's my third favorite FF character (Selphie's the 1st one and Aerith/Aeris's the second one), and my favorite X/X-2 character. And I've been dubbed Rikku among my friends, so doing a Rikku cosplay is going to be fun.

Cri_au_ciel
04-04-2004, 11:46 AM
dollssoulkirie, Alright! I will definately look out for you then. Rikku is also my favourite FFX-2 character. ^^ Though, Lenne is the only Final Fantasy character I have plans for. And thats for animeNEXT. Ah.. that's fun! Cosplaying someone your friends think of you as! Especially someone like Rikku. A friend calls me 'Mura-sama' after Muraki from Yami no Matsuei. ><" Can't say its a such a good thing.

bigwil
04-05-2004, 02:14 PM
Well for nekocon 7...my third time to this con also...I wish I found out about con earlier..I could have went to every one them...but enough about that..I will probably cosplay as ban mito on thru-fri,Sat..venom/or doing L/R with my brother.Sun...don't know!:rofl:
hope see yall there!

dollssoulkirie
04-05-2004, 04:03 PM
dollssoulkirie, Alright! I will definately look out for you then. Rikku is also my favourite FFX-2 character. ^^ Though, Lenne is the only Final Fantasy character I have plans for. And thats for animeNEXT. Ah.. that's fun! Cosplaying someone your friends think of you as! Especially someone like Rikku. A friend calls me 'Mura-sama' after Muraki from Yami no Matsuei. ><" Can't say its a such a good thing.

Wahh! I love Muraki-sensei! He's my favorite character from YnM. A friend of mine is planning a Muraki cosplay in the future, but we don't know when though. It might be related to our new cosplay group, Stuff That Rhymes with C.

I'm also thinking about doing a Persona cosplay for Nekocon. But don't know what character yet. I'm leaning towards Anna or Lisa from the Persona 2 games. It depends on my hair length and who I feel like cosplaying as.

Eurobeat King
04-07-2004, 04:01 AM
I'll be going, which will mark the 4th year in a row for me at Nekocon. :) I look forward to the new location and hotel, even though I liked the Holiday Inn where it's been since I've attended back in 2001.. But like many cons I'm going to this year, a new change of scenery is good for people as well as for cosplay pictures! :bigtu:

Since Nekocon is the LAST con of the year for me, I haven't made any plans yet, and it doesn't help that the weekend before is Yaoicon (local-con) and Halloween, so I'll be busy all the up until that Thursday posting the pictures from those events until it's time to depart for Neko. But I would like to arrive on Thursday for cosplay photoshoots, and depending on the new hotel, on Friday & Saturday night to have the cosplay.com table-gatherings. :skidude2:

If you haven't seen my Nekocon 2003 pictures, check them out here:

http://images.cosplay.com/showgallery.php?cat=601&password=

I'll see you all 7 months from now!! :D

Romann
04-07-2004, 08:29 AM
I'm definitely planning on going. It's not too far from where I live, and I can't pass it up this year ^^

Giant Alucard
04-07-2004, 09:24 AM
lol, I'll definitey be there on thursday so I'll be able hang out with all the people that are going to be there early. I'll definitly try to be in costume on thursday to, lol.

And Noir Lumime, I love you avatar, lol.

Darkside Blues
04-07-2004, 12:53 PM
I'm hoping to go. For a first con experience it was very enjoyable, and I was flattered by the people who took pics of me and my friend in our EGL costumes (thank you, Eurobeat King!) I hope to meet some of the regulars as well. ^_^

dollssoulkirie
04-07-2004, 03:54 PM
It's going to be my 4th Nekocon. I missed a year because of work the year before last. My friends are going to try to come up with an idea for cosplays, but I do have a few that I want to do that's not with them. (Mio and Rena are the only ones at the moment.) There might be a trio gothic lolita costumes from Stuff That Rhymes With C, one for each female member of the small cosplay group that we currently have. (There's only 5 members at the moment.)

I hope I can actually attend some of the events this year. I completely missed them because I was overnight for work last year. So my sleep schedule was totally messed up. You could only see me walking through the halls with a friend of mine about 7ish or so. Friday night was fun though. My friend Cat had like a little discussion group going on. They talked about random stuff (the first subject was about yaoi/yuri, why guys think yaoi's not cool and why girls don't really like yuri that much like guys; and then it just went on about other things after that). She's hoping she can do that again this year.

We're trying to convince a friend of ours to get an artist table, since he's "so good" at drawing. His styles mostly revolves around that of American comics, but they're still good. And my friend Candace is going to try for staff this year too. So, she'll be busy for a little bit of the days.

I can't wait to see you again, Eurobeat King. Candace says that you're cool and I would like to meet you. =^-^= And you too, Giant Alucard. I can't wait to see your costumes! I gotta have a picture. (*is happy that she now has a digital camera* Yea, I can now put pictures in my photoalbum, once I take some.)

Hopefully I can convince everyone to go on Thursday as well. I know they'll probably won't have a problem with it, if their work schedules don't interfere with it. It'll be cool to at least meet everyone from here there. My badge will be dollssoulkirie, since it's my new name that I go by on the net. (The other is maidenceres, the one that I was obbessived over when Ayashi no Ceres first came out, but I don't use it that much now.)

And Stuff That Rhymes With C (STRW/C) will be having official meetings every now and then to figure out what cosplays we're doing after Otakon. (Otakon's our big FFX/X-2 three day cosplay.)

Yokai Tsuchi
04-09-2004, 12:15 PM
Mwah! This'll be my fourth Nekocon. I plan to do another cosplay. I did one last year too. This year I plan to be Vincent from FFVII. Muchos fun. And I get to stay in a hotel for free! God Bless my school's anime club. XD

Cri_au_ciel
04-10-2004, 06:37 AM
dollssoulkirie, Mine too! It is just that I wonder about my personality if my friends name me after him. XP 'Stuff That Rhymes with C'? That is a cute idea for a group. Do you have anyone so far? Good luck with finding your Persona character. I will have to look out for that as well.

Unrelated.. but, nice avatar!

Lyn
04-10-2004, 11:00 AM
I might be going. A little too early in the year for me to know really. Its all a matter as to how life goes for me once I'm at college. I'm hoping to have an on-campus job so I can still afford to go to cons. So yeah, I'm going to try for this one but no promises. ^^; And no idea what I'd bring at this point. Probably just whatever is done by then.

dollssoulkirie
04-10-2004, 11:57 AM
dollssoulkirie, Mine too! It is just that I wonder about my personality if my friends name me after him. XP 'Stuff That Rhymes with C'? That is a cute idea for a group. Do you have anyone so far? Good luck with finding your Persona character. I will have to look out for that as well.

Unrelated.. but, nice avatar!

I love the avatar. (I have a ton more that xd_inc did on my computer that I want to use later on for something to...) It's from xd_inc on Livejournal. (I can't seem remember the account name, but I'll look it up in the future...)

Stuff That Rhymes With C has 5 members so far. My ex Mike (regnasis up here on cosplay.com), my friend/roommate Cat, and our two new friends Candace (I forgot her name up here on cosplay.com) and Glen are the other four members. But we're looking for members like crazy, mostly because the president of the company (Baka Neko Productionz -BNPz- is the company name, Stuff That Rhymes With C is an off-shoot of it), Cat, has a really big picture in her mind. Like cosplay skits, and modeling, and other things too. I'm her secretary, so it's going to be a lot of fun helping her with the BNPz.

And Cat wants to put a skit together for Nekocon, but we don't have enough people for it, and no one has the sewing skills to do the costumes either.

Rei2Rei
04-16-2004, 12:08 PM
Ohh~ I plan on going this year, also. Hopefully I can stay more then one day this time.

Not sure what costumes I'll wear. I might wear my Dilandau costume (Escaflowne) but I'm planning a Kyo costume (Dir en grey). Maybe I'll wear that if it's done in time. ;)

~Rei2Rei

Mystic Blossom
04-28-2004, 06:45 PM
It looks like I'll be going, unless my grades somehow drop to an abyssmal score. If I do go, I'll be Mayune from Pretear *points to avatar*, Miroku from Inu Yasha, and possibly the Oracle from Final Fantasy Tactics if I have extra time and money.

ainslye
04-28-2004, 06:50 PM
I'll be there! This'll be my second nekocon. No clue what I'll be wearing yet, I might just go with stuff I already have and save the new stuff for Katsu... depends on how things go. I can think of something I *want* to make, though... hrmm...

Katiluna
05-06-2004, 02:39 AM
I was hoping for Otakon this year but it fell through (again!) at least I hadn't bought tickets yet (yay!) However I am going to NekoCon, this will be my first one and my 2nd convention so I'm really excited! This will also be my boyfriend's first con so it's bound to be fun...now what to cosplay since I have 7 mos to sew???

Mystic Blossom
05-06-2004, 05:39 PM
I was hoping for Otakon this year but it fell through (again!) at least I hadn't bought tickets yet (yay!) However I am going to NekoCon, this will be my first one and my 2nd convention so I'm really excited! This will also be my boyfriend's first con so it's bound to be fun...now what to cosplay since I have 7 mos to sew???

Do Pretear with meeee!!! I'll be the only one in my dinkie group going as a Pretear character ^^;; Lol, but seriously, do what you'd like.

UnwantedKikyo
05-07-2004, 07:10 PM
No idea with costumes yet...gotta get through otakon and AMA 1st haha ^^; but I have like otakucon after this one, but yesh its like 1-1/2hrs.(if that) away so im going ^_^ yay!!!

dollssoulkirie
05-09-2004, 12:20 AM
Do Pretear with meeee!!! I'll be the only one in my dinkie group going as a Pretear character ^^;; Lol, but seriously, do what you'd like.

If I knew how to sew, I would do the Water Pretear outfit. That's my favorite Pretear costume from the show/manga. But that's not going to happen.

Flute
05-10-2004, 07:38 AM
I'm pretty sure I'll be at Nekocon. It was my first con three years ago, so I can't start skipping it now. ^_^ As for cosplay, I'll be doing Hojo from Final Fantasy VII with a big group and I hope to have finished Lirin from Gensomaden Saiyuki.

Tenshinoitami1
05-16-2004, 05:49 PM
I shall be there! I mena it is my local con after all...not sure what I will be cosplaying, I know that Kanam from Full Metal Panic will be one of my costumes. I'll problaby add at least two more costume for nekocon, as it looks I think I'll be doing Hyatt from Excel Saga in a cosplay skit, but anything can happen between now and Novemeber

Midknight
05-20-2004, 08:07 AM
I'll be there too... Expecially since it will be even closer to me this year... (less than 10 minutes away as opposed to 15 like last year) lol

I have no idea what costumes I'll have done by then though...

VampyreMiyu
05-27-2004, 10:29 AM
Ah! I was waiting for this thread to come alive again. My second Nekocon. I will be showing up as Count D, Kafei, and Zoicite from the Live Action version. And, most likely, someone else thrown in.

ooh! Someone else cosplays as Count D! I may have to bring one of mine or at least my Q-chan to show ya.

This will be my 4th NekoCon. I pretty sure I have to go or be killed but since its so far off I have no idea what costumes I'll bring. Still Have AnimeNext and DragonCon to worry about. Keep me informed about any EGL gatherings!

~Valerie

char_hakkai
06-16-2004, 10:59 PM
Well, Nekocon's a definite for me now since I've signed up to be a panelist. ^^;
I'm really looking forward to it actually: I always have a great time at Nekocon (this will be my fifth year attending).

As far as cosplay goes, I have a Gothic Lolita/Aristocrat dress that will finally be finished for this con. I'll probably wear something Jrock-y for the panel I'm running too. Not sure what though...

Ayla_Inoue
06-20-2004, 09:20 PM
This will be my first con ever! I've already started my Tsumi to Batsu Shinya (Dir en Grey) costume ^_^ I also have a Summoner Yuna costume I made last year but never had a chance to wear! (Ah! Every cosplayer's nightmare...taking long hours and a good sum of money to make a costume and nowhere to wear it!) I hope to see you guys there!

TheBandit
06-21-2004, 05:04 PM
This will be my 4th Nekocon in a row(If I can go, which I do have a good chance). Hopefully it will be my first time cosplaying also, who knows what I may come up with for the occasion.

E.Rak
06-23-2004, 03:42 PM
This will be my 4th Nekocon, and my 9th con alltogether. Yay. And I'm gonna be cosplaying as Seras Victoria from Hellsing. Possibly a catgirl version, if all goes according to plan. Mrroww.

-E

HealerKou
06-23-2004, 09:31 PM
I'll be there. I've always enjoyed Nekocon. It'll be my 4th year going (I missed 2001 because I suck) and last year was my first time helping to host a panel. (The videogame panel, if anyone was there. I was Etna.) It's also me and my boyfriend's 2 year anniversary. ^_^ We "officially" got together at Nekocon 2002. At Wendy's. We're dorks.

marronsama
06-24-2004, 10:55 AM
Greetings, This will be my 3rd Nekoco, but my first since 2000! I went in '99 ad '00! I look forward to making the trip this year and hope to meet some of you that i normally do not see here in the North East! I will be bringing my Aoshi and GTO costumes and maybe my Boogiepop if i get it sufficiently repaired. I hope the con is still as much fun as i remember it!

Darkside Blues
06-24-2004, 12:51 PM
I certainly hope to go! I was there last year (my first con ever) and I enjoyed it immensely. Hopefully I'll have my Aqua Madoor costume and a new EGL costume done by then.

raiga
06-25-2004, 05:53 PM
i may be going and if i do then im dragging solairis, we'll prolly do a group where shell be lillith and ill be morrigan and then ill also bring my lulu costume and she'll prolly bring her chun li outfit. now then the only problem is getting a room......

Solairis
06-26-2004, 10:47 PM
Yeah , yeah, Im going im going, time to break out the sewing machine! :bigtu:

i may be going and if i do then im dragging solairis, we'll prolly do a group where shell be lillith and ill be morrigan and then ill also bring my lulu costume and she'll prolly bring her chun li outfit. now then the only problem is getting a room......

Shadablade
06-28-2004, 03:58 PM
Well if all goes well with new job and car repairs / upgrades ill be going. Considering i havent been to nekocon since '99, it ought to be an interesting change. Last time i was there was my 1st cosplay exp where i tried to dress as Kyo from King of fighters (friends were iyori and tery boggard) and that i think was a mistake on my part :rolleyes: I probally will bring my anderson costume from AZ04 (alucard is prob gonna go as well) but im playing with a few ideas for another costume as well....5 months...well see what happens.

Neko Cathy
06-29-2004, 02:34 AM
This would be my first nekocon that I'm going... all because they got a convention center.. and there's going to be a huge party going on somewhere. :devil:

Lyn
06-29-2004, 10:18 AM
Darkside Blues - You rock because you have a Count Cain avatar. ^_~

Well, at Animazement, I was convinced that this con was worth going to by my friends and now I definently want to try to go. I've signed up for my college classes and unfortunantly I do have one Friday morning and since it will take me several hours to get there, might not arrive until late afternoon. And I still need to find a ride there from the campus (St. Mary's college of Maryland if anyone's interested in helping).

But if I do go, I'm hoping to have Cloud finished (Advent Children version) for the FFVII group that Flute is doing, winged version of Cain (Count Cain), and probably bring at least one J-Rock (Shaisuke of Baiser) and maybe Rosiel if I can find time to wear it.

raiga
07-04-2004, 12:46 AM
we got a room! we got a room! *does a little booty dance* oh yeah! ok so yes its a definite, we will be there! WOO!

Mystic Blossom
07-04-2004, 11:56 AM
I am mucho definitely going, but I need to sort out a few things with friends before I make my reservations. Does anyone know if they're going to list other hotels soon?

quadrain61
07-19-2004, 08:34 AM
I'm going to try to make it. I'll have to leave right when school ends (2:15) and drive up there (3+ hour drive)

Mew_Pudding
07-19-2004, 07:49 PM
I`m HOPING to make it but...it`s not likely. e.e; But, If I did, me and friends would have a Magic Knight Rayearth and Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch Group. ^.^ (POssibly Tokyo Mew Mew again as well. =D) Looks like tons of fun. ^_^

NekoZidane
07-20-2004, 04:16 AM
I'll be there! It's my second Nekocon, and I AM a neko-boy, sooo...

I think we need to make sure the staff gives us all a little more respect than last year though. They weren't too cordial last year. Meh, maybe things have changed.

Shadablade
07-20-2004, 07:10 PM
I'm going to try to make it. I'll have to leave right when school ends (2:15) and drive up there (3+ hour drive)

Wow only 3hrs? I wish i had it that close :P Gonna be about a 7hr drive for me....give or take an hour depending if i can get the warp speed on my car going :)

Tsuchi
07-20-2004, 09:37 PM
it's going to be meh 2nd nekocon... and only and hour drive woot! XD

*works on costume*

char_hakkai
07-20-2004, 09:53 PM
Wow only 3hrs? I wish i had it that close :P Gonna be about a 7hr drive for me....give or take an hour depending if i can get the warp speed on my car going :)

Heh, I'm looking at about nine hours, here.
Guess that's what I get for moving from Virginia to Georgia! :/

Einthedatadog
07-21-2004, 10:24 AM
I will be there this year. It will be my second Nekocon :3 I am gonna try and pull off a really... Tiny Alucard (im only 5'2 so bear with me here) Can't wait for it!

Oh, if you guys are going to nekocon, then you should sign up at the forums there (if you havent already) www.forums.nekocon.org :3

Mystic Blossom
07-21-2004, 01:08 PM
I'll be taking a plane. It's about an hour from New York to Virginia by plane, I think.

Einthedatadog
07-21-2004, 02:55 PM
its only an hour or an hour and a half drive from the OBX in North Carolina. ^^; i cannot wait for this year

Fory-san
07-21-2004, 03:03 PM
Since it was my first anime convention too, I will be attending again this year. I will be cosplaying as Captain Harlock and will try to sell some of my artwork again (though I doubt any of it will sell...AGAIN ^^;)

Einthedatadog
07-21-2004, 03:32 PM
i have a fun idea!!

... all the people at cosplay.com going to nekocon should meet up x3!!

char_hakkai
07-22-2004, 10:35 PM
i have a fun idea!!

... all the people at cosplay.com going to nekocon should meet up x3!!

I'm hoping there'll be another Cosplay.com photoshoot this year.
Last years was fun, and had a great turnout. ^_^

KuroBara
07-22-2004, 11:04 PM
I'll be taking a plane. It's about an hour from New York to Virginia by plane, I think.
I flew from Norfolk to Islip NY, it's only about 45 minutes. Plus Southwest flies out of Norfolk and their fares are very reasonable. Otherwise it's about an 8 hour drive from southern NY.

quadrain61
07-22-2004, 11:20 PM
I'm hoping there'll be another Cosplay.com photoshoot this year.
Last years was fun, and had a great turnout. ^_^

Hopefully too, Animazement's cosplay.com photoshoot nearly didn't happen. Me and this other kid (who was using other people's cameras) took pics and no one else.

Lyn
07-23-2004, 08:52 AM
quadrain61 - Well, thats also 'cause we had Fanime and PMX happening the same weekend as AZ and so our main photographers couldn't go to AZ and the turnout was smaller than usual. Didn't help that there was confusion with the time slot. ^^; But I'm pretty sure that at least EuroBeat King is still going to Neko so we will have him at least.

quadrain61
07-23-2004, 11:35 AM
Lyn - I knew that but it's just the confusion that happened at Animazement, some random guy gathered everyone then left and the time was delayed one hour (like everything else) and it was just confusion that well it just got confusing.

Lyn
07-23-2004, 08:58 PM
Lyn - I knew that but it's just the confusion that happened at Animazement, some random guy gathered everyone then left and the time was delayed one hour (like everything else) and it was just confusion that well it just got confusing.

Yeah, good point. It was indeed rather odd and confusing. O_o I just stood in the lobby for a while waiting to see if I could find anyone from cosplay.com and just follow them and kept looking outside to see if anyone was actually out there. That thing was indeed very unorganized. ^^; Definently gotta aim for more organization for Neko.

Oh, and it looks like we're both going to be in Neko Cathy's car for Otakon. lol So I guess I'll see you then.

Tohma
07-23-2004, 10:09 PM
Seems wierd to think about Nekocon when I haven't even gotten to Otakon yet ^^;; But I probably will be going. It will be my third Nekocon and I'm not quite sure what I am bringing yet. There is a good chance I will be Sasuke for one day and I'll probably bring back Deakka and Chris from Otakon since they won't get much wear at Otakon.

I could also wear my Tohma costume since that has become a Nekocon tradition. It was my first costume and Nekocon 2002 was my first con. Then I had more costumes for 2003 but I still wore my Tohma outfit on one of the days. So maybe it will return in 2004 ^_^

Dewprincess
07-24-2004, 11:03 PM
A group of us is going to Nekocon this year...we are doing one day of Sailor Moon cosplay and two days of Chrono Trigger cosplay but don't have decided which days are which yet. So far we have Sailor Jupiter (me) and one of the Shitennou, most likely Jadeite (my boyfriend) and if we can get a costume together in time my roommate from last year wants to be Dark Mercury. For Chrono Trigger I am cosplaying as Marle, my boyfriend is Crono, and we also have Lucca and Magus :)

Einthedatadog
07-25-2004, 12:12 PM
i cant wait for nekocon x3!! hope to meet some of you guys there. just look for the 5'2 mini Alucard thats... a girl XD

Mystic Blossom
07-25-2004, 02:22 PM
Is anyone doing Pretear, Inu Yasha, or Rayearth costumes? I want to organize a photoshoot for at least one of those series.

LondonCalling
07-25-2004, 07:42 PM
Well it should be my first con/cosplay ever. I just recently decided to go because my friends have gone and said its great and plus, hello, I live right there. I still need to get a costume [probably something easy like Kagura Souma from fruits basket or EGL] and send in my registration. I'm such a newb it's not even cool -___-;;

raiga
07-26-2004, 11:56 PM
hmm, cosplay.com photoshoot? sounds good to me! name a time and a place and ill be there! now its just a question of which costume...........hmmm........

Endymion-sama
07-28-2004, 09:41 PM
Im going as Tuxedo Kamen from Live Action Sailor Moon...I got a question...where is this located? I heard two different places.

Dewprincess
07-29-2004, 11:48 AM
Last time I checked it was Chesapeake Convention Center...

Endymion-sama
07-29-2004, 04:33 PM
Ok, thats the one I heard as well. Thanks, DewPrincess. ^^

ヒドラ鴛
08-05-2004, 04:38 PM
If I go, which I proably won't, it'll be my third Nekocon... The new venue looks quite appealing though... we'll see what school and money is like at the time...

Mibuzen
08-05-2004, 11:07 PM
As long as my theatre group doesn't need me the weekend before our show begins I'm going. This will be my second Nekocon and possibly hundredth con. I've stopped counting. I'll probably go as Tasuki for the FY group, Shuda from Rave, and either Kurama from YYH or Hao from Shaman King. It all depends on other groups.

JordineA
08-11-2004, 01:12 PM
I'm trying really hard to get there and it'll be my first con. I'll be going as a Heartless Kairi (Kingdom Hearts). I just recently had the Heartless symbol tattooed to my chest, so it would be fun to use it in a cosplay idea.

I also have a Hyuga Hinata (Naruto) outfit made, so I'll probably sport that around as well.

Eurobeat King
08-13-2004, 03:09 AM
Well, I got my airfare, (early, but I got a great deal!) so it looks like I'll be going to Nekocon!! :bigtu: I'll be arriving Thursday, November 4th, around 5:30pm, so I should be there after 6pm. After a little dinner and checking into the Red Roof Inn next door (not staying at the con-hotel this year, surprisingly) I'll be hanging around the Holiday Inn, pre-reg.ing, and taking pics of any cosplayers on Thursday. I can't wait to see the new hotel and convention center for this, which will be my 4th Nekocon in a row, and since it's my last con of 2004, I intend to go out with a big amount of pictures from the weekend. :) Like last year, since my flight was cheaper if I flew out on Monday rather than Sunday, I'll be doing the same thing so I'll be at Nekocon until it's allll over, and then staying overnight at the RRI until I fly home Monday morning. So that's at least 3 full days of cosplayer pictures I'll use my camera for.

Don't think I'm going to cosplay this year, so just look for me in regular street clothes all weekend. As for the table-gatherings & big-group photoshoot, probably around the beginning of October I'll make a seperate thread regarding those..

Good luck working on those costumes, and I'll see you in November!! :skidude2:

ヒドラ鴛
08-13-2004, 03:33 AM
...Red Roof Inn? ...

...Al... you didn't book at the old hotel from last year, did you o.o;
Cuz I don't recall the site listing any Red Roof Inn's next to the Chesapeake Con Center... only the Holiday Inn... o_o;

Edit: Err, quick search on Expedia proves that there is, in fact, a Red Roof Inn next door to the Holiday Inn... If it's this much like last year, there damn well better be a Denny's down the street! XD

Eurobeat King
08-13-2004, 03:40 AM
Oshi: No, I'm pretty sure I booked a room at the correct location this year. Nekocon is moving to Chesapeake (no longer at Virginia Beach), and the new hotel is ALSO a Holiday Inn, with the address being 725 Woodlake Drive. Welll, with that in mind, I looked up orbitz.com and tried to find the closest hotel to the Holiday Inn, and the RRI came up as being next door, at 724 Woodlake Drive. ;) So I got that one instead of staying at the HI at the convention center. If you check the other thread "hotels" and look up that link to the Chesapeake hotel-list, you'll see the RRI listed. :)

Xavier
08-13-2004, 07:25 AM
[...]Edit: Err, quick search on Expedia proves that there is, in fact, a Red Roof Inn next door to the Holiday Inn... If it's this much like last year, there damn well better be a Denny's down the street! XD

No Denny's. Sorry ;.; They have a mall nearby, but it's across the highway overpass and to the left. Gets REALLY bad during rush hour.

Mystic Blossom
08-13-2004, 01:18 PM
I got a room at the Holiday Inn. I wish the site would say which hotels are actually part of the official convention lineup.

Saberpilot
08-18-2004, 01:53 PM
I'm going. I know of the two costumes I'm bringing this year:
For the cosplay skit I'm doing (and for at least 1/maybe 2 days) Female Fatale Vash; and for just... heck's sake and the costume contest, Ceres Victoria from Hellsing... complete with Halconnen. :D
This'll be my second year. Last year I was the hyperactive schoolgirl Rei Ayanami running around... ^.^;;

GreatSG
08-18-2004, 02:35 PM
I plan on going to Nekocon, as usual i'll be representing the website I write for as a member of the press (which reminds me I need to write my Otakon report and my other article I got planned, agh so behind!) Got my usual two costumes planned, Zenigata from Lupin and my original character Dr. Hentai E.D.
Now I just need to get pre-registered and get a hotel room.

Giant Alucard
08-18-2004, 02:53 PM
theres no dennys Oshi (I live right down the street). But me and some friends will be trying to go to Kyoto (japanesse steak house ) or a place like that which is close by. You should join us.

KaineMaxwell
08-18-2004, 06:12 PM
I think I'm going to *try* to make it there. Really going to depend on me working between now and then and other factors working out for me.

Xavier
08-19-2004, 07:18 AM
theres no dennys Oshi (I live right down the street). But me and some friends will be trying to go to Kyoto (japanesse steak house ) or a place like that which is close by. You should join us.

Greenbrier mall invasion? ^^; heehehehe....

wulfmune
08-19-2004, 08:07 AM
I think i'll take the plunge and go to nekocon, even though all my friends seem pretty iffy on it. i hope i don't end up being there by myself >_<;; . *books a room*

madamevasquez
08-21-2004, 02:19 AM
i'm going, and dressing up >^.^<

*i know you're saying "who the heck is that??"*
i'm new here *ducks*

ShatteredSunset
08-21-2004, 09:45 AM
Lol, welcome to c.com and hope to see you there.

quadrain61
08-21-2004, 10:40 AM
I still got to pre reg today. I might send it in today if I find the money I need. I can't decide whether to reserve a room or not yet.

This is going to be my first time driving out of state if I can't find a ride there.

Is Nekocon's site down?

GreatSG
08-22-2004, 03:13 PM
I still got to pre reg today. I might send it in today if I find the money I need. I can't decide whether to reserve a room or not yet.

This is going to be my first time driving out of state if I can't find a ride there.

Is Nekocon's site down?

The site has been down recently it seems, although I have to wait another two weeks to register. Car insurance payment snuck up on me... :sulk:

D2RCR
08-24-2004, 01:41 AM
I may or may not go, it depends on whether or not my friends are going and how busy I'll be during that time. Fortunately, Friday is one of my less busy days, and I don't have any robot competitions after October 17th.

quadrain61
08-24-2004, 05:41 AM
w007 reserved room and pre reg already.

Luckily I didn't wait to sign up for the SAT I in November since it's on the weekend of Nekocon too

raiga
08-25-2004, 02:13 AM
hmmm.......a mall invasion sounds like fun, why not get a group together and just go to check out the mall? id definitely be up for it!

Windigo
08-26-2004, 06:46 PM
...Red Roof Inn? ...

...Al... you didn't book at the old hotel from last year, did you o.o;
Cuz I don't recall the site listing any Red Roof Inn's next to the Chesapeake Con Center... only the Holiday Inn... o_o;

Edit: Err, quick search on Expedia proves that there is, in fact, a Red Roof Inn next door to the Holiday Inn... If it's this much like last year, there damn well better be a Denny's down the street! XD

Yeah the roof rocks I missed last year so I'll do whatever it takes to go this year I must I have so manny friends going this time around to make it that much more enjoyable, and hopefully I'll have my Gene Starwind done by then the problem is how much that Caster is going to cost.
and that mall idea would be so cool.

and hey are any of you on the nekocon fourm I'm windigo of course so if you can hit me up.

Azraiel102
08-27-2004, 06:20 PM
i second windigos motion seeing as im his associate and its the last time we'll see each other for 6 months to a couple of years. if i go i wish to cosplay two people however question arise about who. i wish to know is anyone going as a samurai champloo or street fighter character. I wish to go as jin and sagat ( i have much work to do on my biceps though :)>. this will be my first time at a con so hopefully i can pair up with some cool pepole and truly enjoy myself

Xavier
08-28-2004, 07:43 AM
hmmm.......a mall invasion sounds like fun, why not get a group together and just go to check out the mall? id definitely be up for it!

Yeh ^_^; we can get something up for a luncheon at the Greenbrier on Saturday..

...besides, I just want an excuse to freak out everyone