PDA

View Full Version : NorthEast Cosplay Picnic III - April 24, Rose Tree Park, Media PA.

Pages : [1] 2 3

Oshi
03-27-2004, 03:35 PM
Well, I'm getting a slightly late start on this, though I've had the idea for a while, finally putting up a thread for it ^^;

NorthEast Cosplayers Picnic in Philadelphia III!
So when's this thing?: Saturday, April 24th; around 10AM to Sundown (or whenever everybody starts to get tired and leave 8D )
Where's it gonna be?: Rose Tree Park, Media, PA; center field around gazebo and ampitheater. Located on 252 right off of Rt 1, which is also right off of 476. So it's very easy to get to by driving. Detailed directions below.
What else is up?: Hope everybody can bring a nice variety of food. No barbeque this time. Because of the outdoor ampitheater, we may have some sort of mini-masquerade. Lots of open space, so could do frisbee or other outdoor stuff, heheh.
Who's invited?: EVERYBODY! Costume or no costume! Just come out and hang out, have some fun outdoors with your fellow cosplayers/otaku in a non-convention environment for once ^__^
How the hell do I get there? (Directions)
Well, feel free to message me for specific directions from your location, but here's a general list of ways to get there.
Within the area (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=121840): Pretty much just hop on the Blue Route (I-476) to exit 5, which is the US Rt 1 interchange. Head for Rt 1 SOUTH (towards Lima). Once on there, drive about a mile up the road til the Rt 252 exit (Newtown Square, Media). Turn RIGHT off the ramp. After the Rose Tree Rd intersection (with the old house on the corner), the park will be on your RIGHT. Turn in the first driveway and park in the frontmost parking area.
From points northeast (NJ, NY): Hop on the Jersey Turnpike (I-95) til you hit the PA Turnpike (I-276). Take exit 333's LEFT LANE that goes south to I-476. Stay on 476 for a while, and follow the "Within the area" directions from there.
From points south (DE, MD): Take I-95 up into Pennsylvania. Take exit 7 onto I-476 North, then use the Within the Area directions.
I think you get the general idea of how to get there >.>;; If not, IM me or something for specific directions.
Public Transportation info coming soon.

There ya go!

Tainted-Embrace
03-27-2004, 04:09 PM
I'll be coming!
No matter the date or
Location - or well that depends
If Amanda will drive me.
Lol ^.^'
Just need to decide on an outfit for there.

Amantalathiel
03-27-2004, 05:13 PM
please don't make it the first, I have to go away then ;_; rose tree is very nice ^_^ it has open feilds and then a forest and a stage, 3 different places for pictures very nice

Sorahana
03-27-2004, 05:22 PM
The 8th is fine for me. I'm also away the first. And yes Kayla you have a ride so be calm ^_^. I've been waiting for a long time for this to be announced *_*. :dance:

Tainted-Embrace
03-27-2004, 05:27 PM
GOod Amanda, good, thank god.
-Bows.- Best ! <3

Amantalathiel
03-27-2004, 06:31 PM
how many people were at the last one?

Tainted-Embrace
03-27-2004, 06:48 PM
I was suppose to go, but I didn't have a chance to get there
in time.
I was sad.
Now I get to go to this one.

Oshi
03-27-2004, 07:52 PM
...Please don't spam this thread.

Anyway, there were about 25 people to the last one, and 35 to the first one. Hopefully we have as good a turnout to the first one :)

And thanks for the boost for Rose Tree, I had a good feeling about it :D

Just changed some info reguarding the date...

Misa-chan
03-27-2004, 08:55 PM
I think I can make it this time, last time the weather was too cold (plus I have no fall/winter safe costumes x.x) and my mom wouldn't let me go. -.-

Akiko Ki
03-27-2004, 09:00 PM
Ahh why the 24th dam it I have training for my job them oh poopy ::sigh:: oh well

KaineMaxwell
03-27-2004, 09:50 PM
May sounds good to me!

Akiko Ki
03-27-2004, 09:53 PM
I can do May but not April 24 so make it may lol

dizzylizzy
03-28-2004, 12:12 AM
just set a date oshi and i'll talk to the agents. lol i think right now all of us are up in the air about going. lol i think once a date is set, they'll know. >> but yeah, you're setting it up so make a date and stick to it. if some people can't go... too bad. ::Winks::

Ranma Saotome
03-28-2004, 02:01 AM
Well whenever it is, count me and NYO! Cosplay there. ^_^

Sorahana
03-28-2004, 10:52 AM
*sigh* May 1st is bad for me too. I'll also be away unless I can get my mom to not make me go to Girl Scout camp that weekend ;;. I REALLY wanna go dammit.......*screams at Girl Scouts for deciding to have a camporee on that weekend* And May 1st is my dad's b-day so maybe I can get out of going to camp XD;
But wow, people have problems with other dates in May? XD;
Watch me not be able to go.I'll be EXTREMELY pissed off and depressed. Oh well this is what happens when my grandma is my Girl Scout leader and I've been a Girl Scout forever *sigh* -_-

NiGHTmaren
03-28-2004, 11:12 AM
I'll probably be there, deciding who to cosplay as though. ^^; Probably Sango, from Inuyasha. If you need a ride Kayla, in case Amanda can't take us, I'll see about my mom taking us up. Everyone contributes to bringing supplies like food and paper plates and etc., right? ^_^

*~Hime no Toki~*

Kairi G
03-28-2004, 11:57 AM
May 1st is SAT day, so many HS age people wouldnt be able to come. i would suggest doing a day later in may, or even into june possibly. i still dont know tho if i would be able to come, but i guess that would depend on what weekend it is.

Xx Lulu xX
03-28-2004, 12:27 PM
Yes, as Kairi G said, May 1st is when im taking my SATs....and i really would like to go, and I'd bring cake again lol so i'll keep my eye on this thread

Zephyrs
03-28-2004, 12:28 PM
May 1st... I'm pretty sure I'm free that day - I couldn't come last year because it was one of the days of the school musical -_- And since I'm probably not going to a con this year, it'll fufill my cosplay geekdom quota for a while ^_^

Wolfwood6
03-28-2004, 12:53 PM
Anytime in May is fine, I'll probably need a ride because I am Directionally retarded and the Warwagon is Having problems again. Anyways

I AM HERE TO ANNOUNCE WOLFCON 2: ENTER THE JACUZZI

WC2 Will be sometime in late june early July, it'll be a pool/barbeque party probably on a saturday. Bring proper attire, If you guys can make cosplay swimsuits, all the better cause i'm gonna be BeachBarrett Wallace ^_^. Anyone wanna go? I know you do Oshi...LOL

Sorahana
03-28-2004, 01:12 PM
I wanna go to Wolfcon! Lol That is.........if I'm allowed but I think I'll be able to ^o^.
I took my SAT's yesterday *evil laugh* but I have to take them again in October lol XD;.
I hafta ask my mom still about skipping GS camp to go to the picnic because I.......must.......com *_* lol.

Tainted-Embrace
03-28-2004, 02:29 PM
Perhaps we can find another way to get there.
If Amanda can't take us?

NiGHTmaren
03-28-2004, 04:18 PM
Yeah, we can find a way. As for the Wolfcon thing, it sounds great. I could do a Swimsuit Belldandy for that. ^^ Been wanting to do a costume like that for a while, just needed a proper time and place for it.

*~Hime no Toki~*

Sorahana
03-28-2004, 04:25 PM
Looks like if this thing is on May 1st I can't go. My mom threw a fit at me for asking to skip camp and she said I need to stop asking her to take me to all these cosplay things. I'd go by myself dammit...........if she'd let me!! She also said it depends on my grades. She said to ask her after the report card comes ;;.

Amantalathiel
03-28-2004, 08:33 PM
NO MAY FIRST!!! no, bad bad, i kill you no?
if its not may first, tofu and soba is what I bring and napkins, lots and lots of napkins

Oshi
03-29-2004, 02:02 PM
1) PLEASE, PacMen people, do NOT spam up this thread. *notes your repeated postings*

2) Okay, I guess May 1st isn't looking very good after all. I CANNOT do late may, because the last two Saturdays of May (22 and 29), I'll be at conventions far away from here >.>;; I'm getting rejections to May 8 and 15 too (also my gf can't come then, and since she missed the last picnic... yeah, feel bad if she couldn't come). I don't want to do June either, because it'll start getting too hot for a costumed picnic... So maybe we should move it to April 24th? Are there any problems with that? Though I do like May 1st since the first picnic was May 2nd, and it'd keep the same date relation (first saturday of may)

3) Reguarding SATs if we do end up on May 1st; The picnic won't be until about 11AM-12PM... SATs end between 10-11AM, right? So it's not that big a problem.

4) I checked out Rose Tree today. Very nice, spacious park. No permit needed.
One problem though, is the picnic tables are sparse and spaced out cept for one cluster that's kinda out of the way... However I don't think there will be much grief given if we move tables around.
And the best part of this park...... There's an OUTDOORS AMPITHEATER. Perhaps we could put on a mini masquerade of sorts? No prizes or anything, just for fun :D
I'll be putting pictures up in my gallery in a little bit.

Zephyrs
03-29-2004, 04:22 PM
Actually, SATs run from about 8 to about 12-12:30.

Amantalathiel
03-29-2004, 05:10 PM
I told you stage and the sats will wipe out the people, they would have to go back home, get ready and then drive, and might take long time depending where they live

dizzylizzy
03-29-2004, 05:58 PM
just pick a date oshi. ::Grins:: i'm coming anyhow. i hold special powers over my work schedule.... O.o butl ike you, the end of may is out of the question with ama. lol and just because everyone else is whining about dates... don't pick 2nd weekend in june. the liz will be in VEGAS BABY! lmao

the first was great idea since it is close to last year's date. considering that the picnic lasts until 5 it seems.... i don't see why sat's would get in the way. it's not like this is a con and it takes you hours to get ready. >> bring the cosplay with you and change. :::reminisses to colorguard days:: this girl can change in a car and into a guard outfit. lol

oh, and i wasn't trying to be mean. ::reads last paragraph and sees how it could be taken that way:: lol that's not it! lol i'm terrible at wording things on the internet... don't throw pillows at me!

Sorahana
03-29-2004, 06:38 PM
April 24th would actually work for me ^_^. Although its my Spring Concert that day I don't have to be at the concert til 5 or so I'm all good for April 24th XD. And my mom won't complain about taking me ^^;.
And sorry about the spamming Oshi! Gomen nasai ^^;
Anyway, May 1st=bad........keep away from that date >D
And this place has an outdoor ampitheater?! Coolness!

Amantalathiel
03-29-2004, 06:53 PM
dizzy, it doesn't have many places to change, the bathrooms are really dirty( cause its a park and bugs live there and leaves blow etc.), I wouldn't want to change in them if I wore costume with longless to the ground or anylight colors yea, I think the 24 is good

Akiko Ki
03-29-2004, 08:35 PM
why that day dang it I could maybe come after training depending what time it is since thats really early in the morning.

Oshi
03-29-2004, 10:15 PM
dizzy, it doesn't have many places to change, the bathrooms are really dirty( cause its a park and bugs live there and leaves blow etc.), I wouldn't want to change in them if I wore costume with longless to the ground or anylight colors yea, I think the 24 is good

...You realize there are clean bathrooms next to the ampitheater which are used as changing rooms, right? :P

dizzylizzy
03-30-2004, 01:08 AM

that's why i mentioned a car. lol plus, the bathrooms aren't that bad. i've changed in them before (last picnic lol). besides, the costume will be out in the park anyhow. ^^ there's no avoiding nature when you where them in a park. honestly, that's why i choose costumes that i've had for a while and don't mind getting a little dirty. i know myself... if i wear something nice, i'll mess it up no matter how careful i am. lol it's my luck.

so jen (ainslye) we up for a swarm of amarants? lol

Oshi
03-30-2004, 01:26 AM
plus, the bathrooms aren't that bad. i've changed in them before (last picnic lol).
Erm, this is a different park >.>;;; heheh, much less secluded.

dizzylizzy
03-30-2004, 01:59 AM
Erm, this is a different park >.>;;; heheh, much less secluded.

oooooooh. so the bathrooms would be 100 times better! jk jk jk!!!! it isn't located IN phili is it?! :::shudders::: hold on... ::goes to read the first post::

:::is back::: so... there ARE signs for the streets this time right? ::winks:: doesn't sound too terribly hard. if i could find my way to the one at the japanese house, i can find my way to this one.

as for food..... i'm bringing the usual lizzy thing..... VEGGIE AND MELON TRAYS!!! lol

ps- let's hope the locusts don't decide to come up from the ground during the picnic! lol it's the summer of the locust this year. lol or at least that's what tora's been freaking out about. lol

as for the ampitheater, do they have a listing somewhere if it's going to be in use that day? just a thought.

Ranma Saotome
03-30-2004, 02:10 AM
Ya know... I could go for a salad myself. ^_~

Oshi
03-30-2004, 01:46 PM
Lizzy: Hahah, yeah, don't worry, there are street signs and it's very easy to get to ^^;;
As seen here: http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=121840 A nice map for ya.
But no, it's not IN Philly, it's in the suburbs here in Delaware County...

As for the ampitheater usage... yes, I'm going to find out if it will be in use, I gotta go back sometime to find out. Thing is, I'm not sure where to ask.

And know what's good? There's a Wawa a minute down the street, in case we run out of anything XD

Studmaster
03-30-2004, 02:10 PM
My suggestion....April 24th.

NiGHTmaren
03-30-2004, 03:23 PM
Well, any day you guys decide to have the picnic is fine with me. ^_^ And it's a plus to have the ampitheater right there on the premises. And yes, let's hope there aren't a lot of bugs. XD Though I doubt there will be, since it's not quite summer yet. I work at a bakery, so I'll see what I can bring to contribute. ^^ Lots of good stuff we make, and I can decorate a cake myself. ^.~

*~Hime no Toki~*

Sorahana
03-30-2004, 03:52 PM
Well if we do decide to do it on the 24th, then I might cancel the photoshoot I was planning for the 17th since it would be 2 cosplay things in 2 weekends, I dunno lol.
But 24th is EXTREMELY good for me XD;.
And there's a WAWA nearby?! I can dash down there for candy if I feel the urge *_*.
I should round up my crew and start planning a skit or something.......lol XD;

Oshi
03-30-2004, 04:43 PM
Oookay, I'm getting enough positive feedback on the 24th to finalize it, I believe... So yes.

April 24th, 10AM-Dusk, at Rose Tree Park, Media, PA!

finally... some a conclusive statement... XD

Also, I got photos up in my gallery... only could take a few with the battery power I had >.>

http://images.cosplay.com/showgallery.php?stype=1&si=Rose+Tree+Park&cat=500&ppuser=444

dizzylizzy
03-30-2004, 05:40 PM
::looks at link:: ooooohhh... that's purdy nice there. i like the whole openess to it. well done again oshi! i knew we kept you around for a reason. ::winks::

Amantalathiel
03-30-2004, 07:09 PM
oshi i love you ^_^
and I don't know if i already said this, but i'll bring soba noodles, chopsticks, forks (for the peeps who can't use chopsticks) and pan fried tofu to top it off ^_^ maybe a bit of granish

Sorahana
03-30-2004, 08:54 PM
*glomps the Oshi* Ahem! Sorry bout that Oshi ^^; but thank you so much!! *cries tears of joy* Now I must decide what to bring..........*bounces up and down*. Well maybe this means I should cancel the photoshoot on the 17th ^^;. Lemme see but then I shall be @ this! *cheers* THANK YOU! *bows and throws pocky*

Tainted-Embrace
03-30-2004, 09:05 PM
No way Amanda,
I want to go to the 17th thing.
So no canceling.
There's people who want to go to that,
and really think it rocks.

Btw- for this thing you're holding Paul.
I will 'def' come this time.
Meh and Janet vowed { if Amanda can't take us }
That us two would find a way. { Aisha too. }
I just need to decide what to wear,
so like the thing you speak about skits?
LOL I want to BE IN, but then again not.
X: ) Hark, nice planning Paul, just
Keep it urp. Lol.

Sorahana
03-30-2004, 09:28 PM
Kayla I told you you have a ride to this so be calm ^_~. And anyway if possible I'll bring 2 costumes but the one I am definetly bringing I got the fabric for the obi today. Try to guess who it could possibly be lol ^^;.
Hey Oshi you think we could maybe get a forum thingie like we did for the October picnic? Just curious ^^. And thanks again !!

sheenaringo
03-31-2004, 02:58 AM
i wanna go!!! it would be fun... i wont have to work... that'd suck.

TyJILDown
03-31-2004, 02:17 PM
I'll probably be dragging my boy with me, I missed the picnic in May last year to have my first date with him. :X So this year we will be there, costumes to be decided.

Ranma Saotome
03-31-2004, 02:31 PM
*caocks rifle* Damn right yo, we need more NYO! representation. :D

NiGHTmaren
03-31-2004, 02:40 PM
Out of curiousity, but who is everyone cosplaying as for this event? ^_^ I have a little surprise costume in store...well, more like a costume I'm going to keep secret for now. Though I'm sure I could have people guess what it is. It's a character from Yu Yu Hakusho, BTW. ^^

Anyhoo, it's great to see more people getting interest for this event, hopefully we'll have a wonderful turnout.

*~Hime no Toki~*

Sorahana
03-31-2004, 06:16 PM
<----Is being Yuna XD;. And might bring another costume along, not sure yet. Let the countdown commence.......*puts up a countdown sign* 24 days until the picnic.
And I must say that park is so beautiful *_____* Lotsa open field to run around hyper in ^^;.

Xx Lulu xX
03-31-2004, 07:38 PM
Bah, well now i need to find a ride, cuz i THOUGHT i had a ride, but the person has other shizzle to do that day....

dizzylizzy
03-31-2004, 09:52 PM
CCAmanda~~~~~
what version?

KuroBara
03-31-2004, 09:59 PM
Ok, now that I'm in the correct thread... >_<

I had fun at the first picnic, and I'd like to make this one, but it's doubtful. I will give it my best shot though.

MonoyashaJLA
03-31-2004, 11:31 PM
WOW!!! O.O that place is beautiful!! Excellent choice Oshi...and the date is perfect!! :> I'll will be there for the 24th...strange...2 weeks before I got on the forums I randomly decided to take that weekend off hehehe ;) See yah all there..(think I'm gonna bring my bike)

KaineMaxwell
04-01-2004, 07:24 AM
I'm likely coming up there with Animelonewolf, my friend Andrea and a friend who's likely coming up to visit me that weekend. Hope that's ok and all.

Sorahana
04-01-2004, 10:37 AM
CCAmanda~~~~~
what version?

Summoner ^^;. I made part of the obi last night but it sucks xD;. I'll put pics up of it later (is in school now). Anyway I can't wait to see everybody!!
*goes back to pondering what other costume she should bring * :thumbsup:

Darkside Blues
04-01-2004, 02:35 PM
Yay! I'm going, and so are a few of my friends . . . I'll get the word out to more people! :bigtu:

Zephyrs
04-01-2004, 04:17 PM
I'm away that weekend... oh well... here's hoping I can make picnic IV!

Amantalathiel
04-01-2004, 06:42 PM
going to bring my little friend, and being tifa, too lazy to make a new, more clothed costume

Sorahana
04-01-2004, 07:44 PM
*sigh* Well since my friend is doing Kjerstin "Yuna" Ullevaal, she wants me to be Rikku ^^;. I'll hopefully be being Psychic Fighter Rikku XD;. And I'll bring my Marlene Lumber along too ^_~.

Tainted-Embrace
04-01-2004, 08:06 PM
>> Amanda and I are planning to do Yuna and Rikku.
{ Me being Yuna summoner, and her being Rikku }
But >> Janet wants me to help her with something too.
So will see.
-Squeal.-

"Viva'Le'Summoner."

Aisha - do PAINE.
{ Lmfao }
I have no idea anymore, what's going on.
When we all figure it out - will post it.

NiGHTmaren
04-01-2004, 08:50 PM
Yeah, if all goes well I will be cosplaying Hiei for the picnic. ^^ I ordered the wig today, hopefully it gets here on time. I might bring another costume, it depends...I think one should be more than enough.

*~Hime no Toki~*

Ranma Saotome
04-01-2004, 09:16 PM
I believe that PC3 will be the best yet. ^^

Sorahana
04-02-2004, 10:16 AM
*waltzes in to Kayla* Sorry can't do Rikku ^^;. My friend is going as Seymour hopefully and I'm being his Yuna (me and him have been plotting since the picnic was annouced) ^^;. And I started the costume already XD;. It doesn't hurt to have 2 Yuna's. But if he can't go then I'll be Rikku ok?
And of course I'm also being Marlene from FFVII!
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=122233&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=1
There's the best pic of it :3
But you're right Ranma this will be the best one yet ^_~!

Amantalathiel
04-02-2004, 03:30 PM
yaya, final fantasy 7 ^_^

AngelYuki
04-03-2004, 12:01 AM
I'm going to try to make it. And maybe bring a Jibby with me.

Lady Ava
04-03-2004, 07:56 PM
I'll be wearing Ed from Full Metal Alchemist for the whole time probably. ^__^

KaineMaxwell
04-04-2004, 10:07 AM
I'll likely premire my Melvin cosplay at the picnic if I really feel like wearing slacks out there with the uniform jacket.

Sorahana
04-04-2004, 08:57 PM
*runs back in* Ok I definetly know what I'm being now!! *evil laugh* I'm being Black Mage Rikku and hopefully Summoner Yuna but if my friend isn't going to go then i'll bring my Marlene costume.
Ahem anyway 20 more days!! And I gotta think of something to bring ^^;.

mandichan
04-04-2004, 09:04 PM
I'm thinking of coming, but I need to know how long of a ride it is... Does anyone have the exact address so I can check it out on mapquest? Thanks~! Hope I can make it XD (Or if anyone knows how long it'd be from Lancaster PA~)

Oshi
04-05-2004, 12:25 PM
Try... 1700 N. Providence Rd, Media, PA 19063

Romann
04-05-2004, 12:34 PM
Yay! I'll be able to make it to this one, seeing as how I missed the last picnic. I might just wear my EGL for this or something, I dunno.

Maybe a list of who is bringing what should be made, no?

Amantalathiel
04-05-2004, 01:07 PM
yea, that would be good so we could figure out who needs to bring what (it wouldn't be fun to have 50 bags of chips, cake, and other things without plates or napkins)

Studmaster
04-06-2004, 03:09 PM
Wear the EGL Noir. ^^

I'll be wearing my Luka to this picnic for most of the day till I decide to change to streets.

NiGHTmaren
04-06-2004, 04:15 PM
I'll probably hit the Dollar Tree and get a lot of snacks. XD In fact, that's the best way to go. You'd be amazed at dollar store bargains...o.O

*~Hime no Toki~*

KaineMaxwell
04-06-2004, 06:19 PM
If need be, maybe victor and I can bring a cooler of sodas (or least sodas).

Amantalathiel
04-06-2004, 08:13 PM
wooo! dollar store! I love that place, but I guess i'll bring napkins, soba, and tofu

KaineMaxwell
04-06-2004, 08:37 PM
Wanna start compiling a list of who's gonna bring what?

Amantalathiel
04-06-2004, 08:51 PM
I don't personally, too lazy, but if you want to, yea sure

Tainted-Embrace
04-06-2004, 09:05 PM
^^ I don't know who to be.
-Yuna Summoner.
-Sakura { 2nd movie play dress - ccs. }
-Kagome { Inuyasha. }
O.O..
Lol.
-Squeal.-

I'll have to decide. O.O

NiGHTmaren
04-07-2004, 09:50 AM
Ok, here's what we got so far, I believe...if I miss anyone/anything just let me know. I'll edit this post as more people are designated for bringing certain items.

Hime no Toki: Assorted snacks (potato chips, popcorn, etc.)
KaineMaxwell: Sodas
Amantalathiel: Soba, napkins, and tofu
Oshi: Plates, bowls, utensils, cups, etc.
Tainted Embrace :Angel food cake
CCAmanda: Candy
dizzylizzy: Veggies/Melon tray
Tora: Mt. Dew
aachan: Chicken quesadillas
Noir Lumine: Pizza
Osuwari: Hot wings

Things we still need: Other snack items, cleaning wipes, lunch items, tablecloths, blankets, etc.

I'm pretty sure the area has trash cans and such for waste disposal, at least I hope they do. ^^; Otherwise we'll need someone to be in charge of that so we don't end up littering the area. Also, we probably will be in need of large blankets for sitting on the ground if someone wishes to, and tablecloths. Also I reccomend everyone have rain gear with them...you never know. -_-;

*~Hime no Toki~*

KaineMaxwell
04-07-2004, 10:21 AM
Any specific sodas you want Vic and I to get (besides Dew)? I hope someone else brings a cooler and ice. We may go to Mitsuwa pick up some Japanese drinks too (the ones with the marbles in them).

Darkside Blues
04-07-2004, 12:47 PM
We may go to Mitsuwa pick up some Japanese drinks too (the ones with the marbles in them).

Please bring Ramume soda . . . I live for that stuff. Hopefully I can bring a few bottles myself.

KaineMaxwell
04-07-2004, 01:26 PM
Please bring Ramume soda . . . I live for that stuff. Hopefully I can bring a few bottles myself.
Ok, got it then.

Oshi
04-07-2004, 05:08 PM
Worry not, I'll take care of plates, bowls, utensils, cups, etc. As for garbage, there are plenty of trash cans.

*nod*

Tainted-Embrace
04-07-2004, 06:58 PM
I'll ask my Aunt to make an
Angel Food Cake.
: ) Or someone to make me something for this thing.
Nice work with the food setup Janet.
You forgot me though.
: (!
Anyways, I think we should all round up.
Things : )! OH OH.
{ I'll bring a camera too : )!-Twee.- }
But uhm,
If we all do something on the stage,
That will rock : ) Nice job Paul.

Sorahana
04-07-2004, 07:50 PM
I shall bring..........candy *O* lol. Can't have a picnic without candy now can we?!
Put me down for candy and cookies and all that sweet stuff ^_^. *goes back to counting down*

dizzylizzy
04-07-2004, 10:37 PM
Ok, here's what we got so far, I believe...if I miss anyone/anything just let me know. I'll edit this post as more people are designated for bringing certain items.

Hime no Toki: Assorted snacks (potato chips, popcorn, etc.)
KaineMaxwell: Sodas
Amantalathiel: Soba, napkins, and tofu
Oshi: Plates, bowls, utensils, cups, etc.

you missed me! i'm bringing veggies and hopefully a melon tray. the liz must feed herself something... she does not eat much of anything else... unless it's chicken. LMAO

Tora
04-07-2004, 11:21 PM
0_0

*just saw this thread* Man I've been slacking on these boards.

Ok, so after a recent ride-offer from Monoyasha, I'm there. ^_^ I think there's alot of the crew that are interested as well.

Costume wise, I dunno. Leaning towards Ryuichi because it's THE most comfy costume I have (plus I'd get to bring Kuma XD).

Offering : I can do the Dew, baby. (translation : I'll bring a couple 12 packs of Mt Dew ^_^)

NekoZidane
04-08-2004, 02:15 AM
::catches a ride with Monoyasha::

See ya there, Oshi!

Sorahana
04-08-2004, 09:26 AM
0_0

*just saw this thread* Man I've been slacking on these boards.

Ok, so after a recent ride-offer from Monoyasha, I'm there. ^_^ I think there's alot of the crew that are interested as well.

Costume wise, I dunno. Leaning towards Ryuichi because it's THE most comfy costume I have (plus I'd get to bring Kuma XD).

Offering : I can do the Dew, baby. (translation : I'll bring a couple 12 packs of Mt Dew ^_^)

Ya-tah! You're bringing Mountain Dew?! *O* I love you Tora!! Ok that didn't sound right ^^;. I am going to be so hyper that day lol XD;
Lotsa people are going! Yes!! *glomps everybody*

KaineMaxwell
04-08-2004, 09:32 AM
hey, I'm bringing Dew also!

Sorahana
04-08-2004, 09:37 AM
hey, I'm bringing Dew also!
I love you too Kaine! *O* I love everyone who brings stuff that contains..........SUGAR!! If I'm very bouncy and hyper I blame all of you lol. Then again if there's going to be a alot of soda, and I'm bringing candy and stuff like that....................there will be some interesting bounciness going on XD.

KaineMaxwell
04-08-2004, 09:45 AM
Vic and I are likely gonna try to bring the following: Dew, Dr. Pepper, Pepsi or Coke, Ramune soda (from Mitsuwa, and Vic said something about Inca Cola(?)

aachan
04-08-2004, 12:19 PM
I'm going to go to the picnic this year. I missed out last year because I had caught strep throat the week before and I was still recovering. But this year I'm in perfect health and am going to go!

I'm going to wear my little blue elegant lolita dress. I wasn't sure what to bring though. I was considering making chicken quesadillas, but I don't know.

Sorahana
04-08-2004, 12:47 PM
Too bad we can't have karaoke or something at this...........or......can we? If we provide our own songs I mean? Lol ^^;. Just a suggestion. It would also be a good "icebreaker" since some of us don't know each other XD;.

Romann
04-08-2004, 01:47 PM
OMG, please do not let this turn into a Mountain Dew orgy x.x

I plan on bringing some money to get some pizza. Oshi, you'll know all the near-by pizza joints right?

Ranma Saotome
04-08-2004, 01:52 PM
I think we can rig up a karaoke box. Mountain Dew? Can I request some Pepsi Vanilla? :3

Sorahana
04-08-2004, 02:17 PM
I think we can rig up a karaoke box. Mountain Dew? Can I request some Pepsi Vanilla? :3

Yes! *cheers* Why Pepsi Vanilla?! Do we not like Vanilla Coke? Lol ^^;. Whatever its all good........just hope it doesn't turn into "NE Cosplayers Picnic III: Version. Mountain Dew" Lol XD

NiGHTmaren
04-08-2004, 04:49 PM
Ok, just updated the "Who Brings What" list on Pg. 6 of this thread. I say we need some Coke. XD I'm a serious Coke addict...ok, the soda kind...=_=; I drink it everyday and I don't think I've gone a day without it in a few years. ^^; Having some music with us sounds awesome! Not sure if I'm up for singing and making a potential fool of myself in front of the masses, but hey...who knows.

*~Hime no Toki~*

Tora
04-08-2004, 10:29 PM
On the carbonated beverage issue 0_o : Heyyy if you want me to, I can grab Coke, V. Coke, and/or Dr. Pepper (sorry, I'd grab Pepsi, but I don't like it >_<). Doesn't have to be Mt. Dew... I was just thinking on the "keep Tora awake" standpoint. >_>'

Osuwari
04-08-2004, 10:42 PM
I'm gonna see if I can take a half day of work...and might get there around 2 or so. I'll probaby be in my Kagura (Fruit Baskets) outfit. Last year I brought hot wings. Yeah I know bad idea cause they were messy. But if pplz want hot wings again I can bring them ^-^

Ranma Saotome
04-09-2004, 02:24 AM
Yes! *cheers* Why Pepsi Vanilla?! Do we not like Vanilla Coke? Lol ^^;. Whatever its all good........just hope it doesn't turn into "NE Cosplayers Picnic III: Version. Mountain Dew" Lol XD

Vanilla Pepsi runs through my veins. And as a former Vanilla Coke-head... It sucks.

Sorahana
04-09-2004, 09:48 AM
On the carbonated beverage issue 0_o : Heyyy if you want me to, I can grab Coke, V. Coke, and/or Dr. Pepper (sorry, I'd grab Pepsi, but I don't like it >_<). Doesn't have to be Mt. Dew... I was just thinking on the "keep Tora awake" standpoint. >_>'

Well if you start to fall asleep, can't I just sing very loudly? Lol just kidding ^^;. But yes its always good to have soda that will keep you awake ^^.

And Ranma, how dare you betray Vanilla Coke!! *pokes you with a stick* But its all good. Any kind of soda is good except.........DR.Pepper. I can't drink it for some reason ^^;. Anyway everyone get back to counting down!! *whips back out the countdown calendar* Is it me or does this month seem really short?

KaineMaxwell
04-09-2004, 11:35 AM
Vanilla Pepsi = Ferior
Vanillia Coke = inferior.

Any questions? :P

NiGHTmaren
04-09-2004, 05:37 PM
Yes...Vanilla Pepsi is better than Vanilla Coke. XD More...vanilla-y...hot wings sounds great, Tiff. ^.^ I love them! XD Good thing I'm wearing mostly black...^^;

*~Hime no Toki~*

Tainted-Embrace
04-09-2004, 05:47 PM
;.; Does anyone even want my Angel Food Cake.
: (

Amantalathiel
04-09-2004, 05:47 PM
mmm, i guess i'm weird, I don't like the vanilla at all >.<

Misa-chan
04-09-2004, 06:00 PM
;.; Does anyone even want my Angel Food Cake.
: (

If it's there, I'll eat it. XD

I've never had vanilla Pepsi...o.O We seem pretty much covered beverage wise, so do we need anything else that I could bring?

Tainted-Embrace
04-09-2004, 06:12 PM
Pepsi. : )....

Sorahana
04-09-2004, 09:10 PM
Nice way to spam there Kayla ^^;. Watch this turn into a "Battle of the Coke and Pepsi"
lol. But we can have karaoke so that ish good *O*. I better not end up as the only one singing! lol XD; i can walsy make it into "CCAmanda's Concert" lol ^^;.
But um......yea for soda?
*coughs* I LOVE COCA-COLA!!!!!! *coughs*

MonoyashaJLA
04-09-2004, 11:54 PM
Seems this picnic will be a blast o^-^o I cant wait to see everyone again! I'll bring extra trash bags, cuz I'm paranoid like that and some wild blueberry Muffins ;) I like playing badmitten so I'll bring that too and extra rackets for anyone that would like to join the game....see yah all there

Tainted-Embrace
04-10-2004, 12:08 AM
Not spamming, just stating.
: )-

The cake I have is nice and fluffy, and yummy,
and good for you.
My Aunt is making it just for us.
: ) Yay.
I should say.
"MAKE TWO PLEASE"

-Angel Food Cake.

-Kayla_Kagome.

Misa-chan
04-10-2004, 12:13 AM
Yesh! please bring it, I was forced to play that in P.E. for the 2nd half of the year last year (since our gym flooded over the christmas holiday....and it's still not finished x.x) and I got hooked. ^^ I'm gonna make the only thing I know how to make: Chicken Quesadillas, the Campbells kind XD They're actually pretty good. <3 (so I don't feel so bad when I'm eating all that high cholesterol stuff)

Sorahana
04-10-2004, 08:34 AM
Angel Food cake=Yummy *_*. I love Angel Food cake XD. And Monoyasha you're bringing Badminton? Cool ^^. We're gonna start playing that in gym soon I think ^^. 2 weeks til the picnic folks!! Are we ready? Lol ^^;

Tainted-Embrace
04-10-2004, 11:35 AM
Yes, then I'll def bring it : ) - Amanda.

hyper o^.^o
04-11-2004, 01:40 AM
I just found this thread... (College has me swamped with work).
I have rehearsal that day... (of course)... so I need to be in center city Philadelphia around noon.
Last time I tried to go to a picnic, I was there two hours, and it took me the better part of two hours to get back to center city... :(
So I'd like to come but I don't know if I'll be able to make it... *sigh*

ainslye
04-11-2004, 10:03 PM
oohh I can actually make it, but I'd need to leave around 4.

I have absolutely no idea of what to wear.

dizzylizzy
04-11-2004, 10:43 PM
jen, i'm starting to feel jessica for the picnic. lol dunno if you'd wanna prance around in ruby though. >> lol i'm just feeling all lunar right now with all the lunar posting. ::Giggles::

SailorAndromeda
04-12-2004, 11:17 AM
As far as I know, my hubby, Libby, and I will be coming. Not sure what I'll be wearing yet though ^^;
I should finish Malon, but I want to make an EGL...so we'll see.

Does anyone want me to bring brownies?

Cassandra
04-12-2004, 02:44 PM
I think Bann, Morgan and I will be there. (My sister has a karaoke machine at home...I can look into bringing it...)

Tainted-Embrace
04-12-2004, 02:47 PM
Bring the Brownies.
Bring it all : )

Lady Ava
04-12-2004, 06:31 PM
The real question I have is....
What if it rains? What's the rain date for the picnic?????

Tainted-Embrace
04-12-2004, 06:34 PM
That's actually a good - question Ava. Kat-Cat.
{ o.o <-- Kayla here. }

KaineMaxwell
04-12-2004, 06:35 PM
I'd think make the rain date the day after (4/25) like with the previous picnics.

Oshi
04-12-2004, 08:06 PM
Yeah, but, then things could get muddy, Kaine...

I think for now, we should sit tight and wait til we see if there's any weather malfortunes in the forcast before we look for a rain date...

As for Karaeoke, as well as sound system, yeah, if somebody can bring a karaeoke machine, that'd be great, but I can also bring my laptop and speakers just in case... I'd need a microphone to plug in though.

Sorahana
04-12-2004, 09:26 PM
I've got a microphone ^_^. Except when I plug it into my computer speakers, the only sound you hear is the microphone.......is that normal? Lol ^^;
I should start thinking of a song ^^; Watch me be the only one to sing....lol.
What candy did you people want btw?

NiGHTmaren
04-12-2004, 09:28 PM
Yeah, I'd say for a week after or something, since I doubt it would be fun to be muddy while in costume. >< Although then we'd have to work around people's schedules possibly, since May was a busy month for a lot of people interested if I remember correctly (what with cons going on and vacation and such). Aw well, let's just see what the forecast has to say come next week. And for now, keep our fingers crossed. ^_~

*~Hime no Toki~*

Reiko
04-12-2004, 10:02 PM
well you know I'll be there ^_^ with all the gang and all ^_^ ... possibly with out costume... or ... Sango cus yea that my number one cosplay that I can move in.. *cough*Wedding Dress*Cough* but yeah no costume is lookin good for me

ainslye
04-12-2004, 10:04 PM
lunars are starting to smell like a good idea... i could use some cutsey naturey pics of ruby ^_^

Oshi
04-13-2004, 02:40 PM
I've got a microphone ^_^. Except when I plug it into my computer speakers, the only sound you hear is the microphone.......is that normal? Lol ^^;

1) I need like, a stage microphone to plug in, not just a computer microphone.

2) Yes, that is normal, usually there's a setting that enables that by default, you can turn it off though.

Sorahana
04-13-2004, 09:26 PM
1) I need like, a stage microphone to plug in, not just a computer microphone.

2) Yes, that is normal, usually there's a setting that enables that by default, you can turn it off though.

My dad is a singer so I think we have a stage microphone somewhere in the basement ^^.
Only....10 more days *O*.

Tainted-Embrace
04-13-2004, 09:28 PM
I might have a machine thingie too Lol.

Rymel
04-13-2004, 11:22 PM
yay for late posts (and i think my FIRST post o.O)!

i'll be coming, i need a con fix and this is close enough...i don't cosplay though so i'll be plain...i'm not sure what i'm bringing yet but i'm leaning towards just buying onigiri like the last party i went to. but since i'm low on fundage there won't be many so if you want it grab it when i arrive...i'll also be bringing a hacky sack, devil sticks and poi for non-otaku activities since nobody mentioned bringing anything...k i think that's it. HI! i'm new ^_^

KaineMaxwell
04-14-2004, 10:00 AM
I take it photoshoots wil be around when everyone supposedly arrives? (assuming noon-ish?)

Studmaster
04-14-2004, 12:05 PM
Yeah Kaine, Photoshoots will probably happen when everyone is ready for them. Though I want to take the big photo around 3:30 - 3:45 cause some people will be leaving around 4.

KaineMaxwell
04-14-2004, 06:09 PM
Ok, that's pretty much what I thought, thanks!

Amantalathiel
04-14-2004, 07:46 PM
HACKY SACK! I totally forgot about mine, I need to find it, I loves the hacky of the the sac ^_^ and rymel, happy first post

ainslye
04-14-2004, 08:41 PM
*loves the studmaster* thank yoooouuuuuuuuu
Should I, like, bring anything? Last time I brought the cheeseballs of doom, they resurfaced at AMA, so maybe I should try something else...
ooohh.. I know how to make a yummy eclair pie... it's all chocolate-vanilla pudding goodness.... *plots*

dizzylizzy
04-14-2004, 09:34 PM
*loves the studmaster* thank yoooouuuuuuuuu
Should I, like, bring anything? Last time I brought the cheeseballs of doom, they resurfaced at AMA, so maybe I should try something else...
ooohh.. I know how to make a yummy eclair pie... it's all chocolate-vanilla pudding goodness.... *plots*

OMG jen! 2 things to OMG about..... #1. cheezeballs resurfacing and being tossed at reiko. ::grins:: #2. ECLAIR PIE!!! dude..... i'll give you my left nut for that. wait... i don't have any.... eh, we'll figure out something.

oh, and i'm still feeling jessica (damn that sounds WRONG) for the picnic, unless it's muddy. jessica is a white dress. lol mud and white don't mix.

HeeroJF
04-14-2004, 10:29 PM
Hi!! I'm looking for a ride to get to this event. I live in the DC area. I'm very flexible about getting picked up anywhere that's convenient for you (as long as I can reach it by bus or metro), and I'll pay my share of the gas and provide enlightening conversation. If not, you can keep me in the trunk until we get there.

Please let me know soon if you can help! Time is running short.

Rymel
04-15-2004, 10:44 AM
i wanna try this pie now...

KaineMaxwell
04-15-2004, 10:47 AM
Darn, now I'm getting hungrey just reading this topic...

Lady Ava
04-15-2004, 11:00 AM
Maybe on my way down, I'll stop and pick up a case of Strawberry Pocky for everyone ^____^

And for the mini kareoke contest, I'm either singing 1000 Words or the second end theme from FMA

Can't wait to see everyone!

Rymel
04-15-2004, 11:36 AM
sucks...jasmart's having a traditional sweets sale this week, but i dunno if it'll hold until next week as they imported them from japan and i don't know if they're fresh or chock full o' preservatives :|

Oshi
04-15-2004, 11:39 AM
Oh yeah, I just realized, if people can bring a picnic blanket, that'd be good, since the seating for the ampitheater is all grass, and we don't want grass stains on peoples costumes ^^;;

Amantalathiel
04-15-2004, 11:46 AM
yea, i'll bring a blanket or two if some people forget

dizzylizzy
04-16-2004, 02:01 PM
::checks weather.com:: i know it's a week away, but they're calling for rain both sat and sunday so far. lol but, like last year's spring picnic, it was suppose to rain and ended up being gorgeous.

someone mentioned a rain date. sunday is good, but rain is being called for then too. lol i'm throwing the original may 1st into the mix for rescheduling. ^^ any ideas?

ps- as we know, forcasting changes. we'll prob have a nice day anyhow. ^^

OHHH!!!!! CARAVANNING!!!! there is a caravan going to the picnic. most of us are meeting here, in perry hall/white marsh md, then going up 95, picking up monoyasha's car to join the caravan and then to the picnic. if anyone is insterested in caravanning with us, let us know. ^^ i already know that noir is alllll about it. ^^ ::winks::

Romann
04-16-2004, 02:14 PM
YES! I refuse to get lost! ( at least alone :) )

SailorAndromeda
04-16-2004, 02:58 PM
Oh yeah, I had a thought today... don't forget sunscreen ^^
Even if it's cloudy, you can still get burned (if your fair-skinned like me that is).
Just figured I'd throw that out there, it's never fun getting burned!

MonoyashaJLA
04-16-2004, 08:58 PM
OMG jen! 2 things to OMG about..... #1. cheezeballs resurfacing and being tossed at reiko. ::grins:: #2. ECLAIR PIE!!! dude..... i'll give you my left nut for that. wait... i don't have any.... eh, we'll figure out something.

oh, and i'm still feeling jessica (damn that sounds WRONG) for the picnic, unless it's muddy. jessica is a white dress. lol mud and white don't mix.

ehe hey I got a good couple shots on her as well last time... eh... -_- I'll have sahdes on you wont see me.. O_O anyway yesh this should be fun... ^_^

Reiko
04-16-2004, 09:03 PM

-_- Im such a target...... *looks at Jen and lizzy* I refuse to play throw the cheese ball at Reiko.. again... but like always me and jen must crawl for them..

yes a blanket or 5 would be good

Stueypark
04-16-2004, 10:57 PM
they can call it throwing cheese balls at Reiko, but who was the only one who hit you square between the eyes? twice! booyah.

Reiko
04-16-2004, 11:47 PM
they can call it throwing cheese balls at Reiko, but who was the only one who hit you square between the eyes? twice! booyah.

-_- *kills stu* grr

SO yeah I'll bring some blankets! ^_^ like two or so..

Tainted-Embrace
04-17-2004, 12:19 AM
Reiko - who are you cosplaying for this? Sango?

Reiko
04-17-2004, 12:33 AM
umm well I was actually thinking about not cosplaying *GASP and waits for the stares* lol if I do cosplay it will be as Sango, since I heard my kirara is going and naraku, but I dunno. I wont be bringing out the wedding dress thats for sure...what about you?

Tainted-Embrace
04-17-2004, 12:40 AM
Blah.
Well I'm not sure.
I could be Kagome : ) That's if I can get a black wig..
Being that I have my natural blonde hair here >> and i don't
have any washable black things around.
Or Yuna Summoner.
XD But I need to cut my hair for that,
and sorta
have it
darker?

:;.;:
It's always the hair.
XD I'll have it good for Otakon.
But you know xD now is now.

Kagome <-- Mai Fav.
^^.

! I took pics of you, at Otakon, Reiko-.
I have them too, you with Kirara.
^^. I should bring them and show you.

Reiko
04-17-2004, 12:45 AM
well tainted- its only a picnic so whatever costume your choose make sure your comfy ^_^ and if you dont have the hair right, wait til otakon if you want to. lol its only a picnic lol then again.. no just playin. wear what you want to wear ^_^ I'm sure you'll make a good choice ^_^

lol picss ooo fun!!! ^_^ im sure monoyasha would love to see them too ^_^

Tainted-Embrace
04-17-2004, 12:52 AM
True.
^^ I'll be better with my costumes for Otakon.
I could always just sport off somethings,
but then what you see, will be better then^^
what you see now.
For Otakon.
XD Lol.
-I adore you Reiko-
Niiceee Sangooo You rule.

Reiko
04-17-2004, 12:55 AM
^_^ Thanks *hugs* I guess I'll see you at the picnic then ^_^...

with my many blankets... .. ^_^

lol so im too lazy to find pics of this place and go back look. so any pics of this place?

NiGHTmaren
04-17-2004, 10:55 AM
Oshi has a few up in his gallery, I think about 4. ^.^ Enough to get a general idea of what the place looks like, it has a lot of space. As for me, I make a ghetto Sango. XD The wig needs help...=_=

*~Hime no Toki~*

KaineMaxwell
04-17-2004, 03:08 PM
Reiko, just wear a sign so those of us can recongize you out of costume. XD

Yay Noir, I get to meet ya!
Weather forecast is looking cloudy now.

Reiko
04-17-2004, 04:47 PM
Kaine XD you cant reconize me in costume ether!! LOL *cough*BAAF*cough but dont worry im sure you'll find me.

So is there a rain date?

Thanks Hime ^_^ and dont worry about your costume its all in fun ^_^

Studmaster
04-17-2004, 04:58 PM
Yeah. There needs to be a rain date. And the 25th is not a good one for me, early Improvement class that day.

KaineMaxwell
04-17-2004, 05:02 PM
Reiko in my defence I didn't know that was you at BAAF till I posted the pics, duh! XP

dizzylizzy
04-18-2004, 01:42 AM
yep, looks cloudy right now. see? i told ya it would get better!! so far so good. ^^

KaineMaxwell
04-18-2004, 09:00 AM
Hey, cloudy's always good though- keeps from getting too, too hot then.

Temps: 66/52

Ranma Saotome
04-18-2004, 11:22 AM
I heard that the Cosplay.com picnic got rained out. Damn, doesn't that make it 0 and 2?

Studmaster
04-18-2004, 11:39 AM
Acutally it didn't get rained out either year. It turned out sunny in the end for this year.

Lets keep the good energy for our picnic, okay? ^^

Romann
04-18-2004, 11:42 AM
Yeah, no more talk about rain...You know the old saying "when you talk too much about bad things happening..."

Kaine- Yes! I'm looking forward to it ^^

KaineMaxwell
04-18-2004, 12:17 PM
Keep the good chii flowing people! That reminds me, someone's bringing a cooler, right?

And who's bringing what for food and entertainments?
(My group's bringing least 3 soda 12-packs to start)

Rymel
04-18-2004, 12:26 PM
i read that last post SO wrong...-_-;;

Oshi
04-18-2004, 07:06 PM
Rain date... shall be May 1st. But I guess it's looking okay for now... might be a bit moist though, heh.

As for people knowing who everybody is, don't worry, we'll have a nice introduction session for everybody to announce who they are, just like the last two picnics ;D

And Ranma, it was the Candy Hearts picnic down in Texas that was rained out before.

Sala
04-19-2004, 12:29 AM
hmmm...I shall attempt to attend this picnic ---- silly school, ending so soon and stealing all my free time! >_<

KaineMaxwell
04-19-2004, 07:49 AM
Sat's weather:
Apr 24 AM Clouds / PM Sun 62/49
:)

Got Mountain Dew, Code Red. If need be I could go back for reg Dew or Livewire.

Studmaster
04-19-2004, 11:33 AM
A few new announcements from me.

1) I've stuck the thread until the picnic ends. Since this is a big event. Lets have it up here so everyone is reminded about it.

2) I've made a new thread for photoshoot requests for the Picnic. So any photoshoots you want to take place, or if you just want to make appoitments. The thread is right here. (http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?p=675925#post675925)

3) Starting on Wednesday afternoon there will be a weather thread..Only to post weather updates, so we can keep those up to the minute, and everyone can be prepared.

Ranma Saotome
04-19-2004, 07:20 PM
May I say something? Is it really neccessary to organize photoshoots when there's only gonna be like 50 or so of us? I mean yeah we take that one big photo at the end and that's it, but do we really need a seperate thread for this? I'm not trying to be beligerant, but reasonable. ^^;;;

Amantalathiel
04-19-2004, 07:26 PM
yea, I see the point, you could always just go up to someone and ask, or wear a sign around your back and neck saying you will take pictures....cosplay people like signs

Tainted-Embrace
04-19-2004, 07:58 PM
{ Okay, well I posted pictures of me as Yuna - though
I don't have the Yuna hair, thats my normal blonde hair there.
From Saturday.}
XD There in my gallary.
Not sure if I should dress as that again, or do Kagome.

Studmaster
04-19-2004, 08:16 PM
Well, honestly. It's not so much organizing photoshoots, I really don't care if there are no organized ones here. I just want to know who is expecting photos, cause I'm not just taking 2 - 4 photos at this picnic, and going onto the next person. I'm going to give attention to each person or group of people that wants it, so that a good majority of the photos come out well. With this being an intimate event. It's a good place to test out certain things and skills I have picked up in the past few months.

As for the seperate threads. This thread will be jumping sooner or later, so I wanna keep all the photo stuff in one seperate place.

dizzylizzy
04-20-2004, 12:00 AM
btw, this picnic is on the second day of the daffodil dash sale at jo-ann's fabric!!! lol

the crew down in MD will be leaving at 10am to come to the picnic. some people are meeting here from further south so it seemed like a decent time even though that's when the pinic starts. hey, it's tough to get us out of bed. ::winks:: so... we'll be picking up people in bel air, moving to DE to add another car to the caravan and the to the picnic.... so i guess we'll be there around noon. lol just look for a hoard of people like usual.... the agents are coming! look out! lol

chrisscrewball
04-20-2004, 04:15 AM
I'll try to go since it's insanely close to my house. It'll depend upon how much homework and studying I have to do because school is ending soon.

Akiko Ki
04-20-2004, 05:48 PM
Yes I am going yay I beged to go and my mom get a new job so its all good ::jumps around:: Yay I get to meet peoples hehe and deliver theses here nunchucks ^_^ and a bokken that have been waiting for there owner to get them

AnimeLoneWolf
04-20-2004, 05:49 PM
Hey I was wondering if anyone is bringing a cooler so we can store the sodas and stuff. oh and Hime no Toki, since I'm going to be Jounouchi (Joey Wheeler) (cause I found the glove and I am hoping it will be here by Friday) I think is it only fitting that you cosplay as Mai.

Misa-chan
04-20-2004, 06:21 PM
Ok, I may not be able to go, but if I do I'll go as Meiling. <3

Tainted-Embrace
04-20-2004, 06:25 PM
Uh Aisha, then XD Have my Necklace and Gardar done.
And I can match you as Sakura.
Or do Yuna.
XD. Lol.

Amantalathiel
04-20-2004, 08:14 PM
chris, you have to come and teach us all your wonderful fashion ways....and play some nsync

Esteladuial
04-20-2004, 08:29 PM
chris, you have to come and teach us all your wonderful fashion ways....and play some nsync
::cough cough::*Reel Big Fish!*::cough cough::

MonoyashaJLA
04-21-2004, 10:14 AM
I saw that too Lizzy at Jo-anns yesturday and picked up 2 coupon sheets, we could go after the picnic and raid Jo-Anns in costume o^-^o

dizzylizzy
04-21-2004, 10:33 AM
I saw that too Lizzy at Jo-anns yesturday and picked up 2 coupon sheets, we could go after the picnic and raid Jo-Anns in costume o^-^o

lol i'm going friday nite with my mom... cuz she rules. lol but i'm up for more jo-ann's. i always am! lol but... i'll be changing out of costume!!! lol

just a few more days guys!!!! joy joy!!

AmarantCoral
04-21-2004, 10:37 AM
Hello Agents! I think there's a 50/50 chance of me coming to this Picnic. I have to discuss it with Ainslye though. She'll have to pick me up! :) I cannot wait to see everyone again!!!

Praise Amarant!!! ::agents bow::

NiGHTmaren
04-21-2004, 10:40 AM
Well right now I think I'll probably be going as Mai since the Hiei wig I ordered on April 1 still has yet to make its appearance at my front door. =_=; Can't be Hiei without the whacked-out hair...besides which I won't be wearing Mai much at all after AnimeNEXT with more costumes being constructed and such. I'll be bringing a few bags of chips and popcorn with me, and I think a few ppl did volunteer to bring coolers.

*~Hime no Toki~*

Oshi
04-21-2004, 11:49 AM
Good news everyone, upon checking the weather, there will be barely any rain at all in the area, just a few scattered/minor showers Thursday night, so everything will be nice and dry for Saturday! The high will be in the mid to upper 60's, and shall be nice and sunny! All's working out well ^___^

dizzylizzy
04-21-2004, 03:14 PM
lol just like last year! hell even if there's a call for isolated showers on sat, i'm still going. lol we have shelter!!! ::hides in midknight's van::

oooooh... amarant might be coming!!! AWESOME! i hope everything works out with jen! man, it's been since lizzycon since we've seen you! you rock!

Sciguy
04-21-2004, 04:29 PM
*walks in*
sure, I'll be there...
*walks out*

ainslye
04-21-2004, 04:43 PM
Don't worry, Amarant, I'll be sure to secure you a ride-- I'm sure there's plenty of room in the agent-mobile for ya. Just try not to get too dirty, okay? Will you be cosplaying?

Tainted-Embrace
04-21-2004, 05:12 PM
^^ - Damnit I really need to decide what to wear,
and I'm def bringing the Angel Food Cake guys.
XD.

Sorahana
04-21-2004, 05:22 PM
*walks in*
sure, I'll be there...
*walks out*

Yes.....*cue evil fangirl laugh* Ahehe kidding, kidding. I still need to get the candy but I shall be there in all my fangirlness ^_~!
And do we still need a microphone?

AmarantCoral
04-21-2004, 07:10 PM
Don't worry, Amarant, I'll be sure to secure you a ride-- I'm sure there's plenty of room in the agent-mobile for ya. Just try not to get too dirty, okay? Will you be cosplaying?

Thank you very much Jen! I knew I could count on you. I just have to find a way out of this mess of an apartment that I live in. *wink wink*

As for cosplay, I don't know yet. I may just wear the usual matte colors. They seem to look good on me. :)

Oh, and you KNOW how I feel about being dirty! ICK! Man, one would think I'm such a pansy, but really.... I'm not. Hell, far from it. Right, Jen?

See you guys on Saturday!

Reiko
04-21-2004, 08:47 PM
Thank you very much Jen! I knew I could count on you. I just have to find a way out of this mess of an apartment that I live in. *wink wink*

As for cosplay, I don't know yet. I may just wear the usual matte colors. They seem to look good on me. :)

Oh, and you KNOW how I feel about being dirty! ICK! Man, one would think I'm such a pansy, but really.... I'm not. Hell, far from it. Right, Jen?

See you guys on Saturday!

aww your coming!!! The Agents would be lost with out you!! I hope you can make it ~*UR #1 fan girl-Agent*~ XD

Cassandra
04-21-2004, 09:31 PM
And do we still need a microphone?

Well, I will bring my karaoke machine. However, since it's not really mine, I can't guarantee how well it'll work :thumbsup: So if anyone could bring a microphone, it might be helpful just in case.

Oshi
04-21-2004, 10:37 PM
Yeah, and,uh, reguarding Kareoke, people who wanna sing best bring their own CDs if they want a kareoke version of a song, or their song in general, cuz my list of anime music is VERY limited >.>;;

KaineMaxwell
04-21-2004, 10:55 PM
I've got a variety of stuff on my 3 anime mix cds (or my other mixes), which I'm bringing along if anyone wants one those songs let me know please:
http://home.earthlink.net/~bahamut24/anime_mix_lists.txt

MrWonderfulToji
04-22-2004, 02:57 AM
Hey everyone
I'll be heading up here, with three friends, and I'll bring along some goodie bags for all the cool cosplay folks. so I look forward to seeing you guys there *waves*
By the way, I'll be bringing Irvine Kinneas from Final Fantasy 8.
Seeya!
sean

yukitoLeonheart
04-22-2004, 05:56 AM
I need a ride, if I get no ride, I shall cry, I help pay gas and give you luv luv.

No but seriously I do want to go and use my camera which I can now use at 50% to take gorgeous photos. You should see what I can do now, although..... I could REALLY use a 24 mm 1.4/f lense nikkor. <3.

Seriously, I also have lot's of stuff on my computer like anime, the Karaoke versions of the first two FMA openings (one cool video one of the 2nd) and I also have Microphone san.

Also, I don't know what I can bribe people with, but I have lot's of wonderful things, I just need a ride from 8th and Market or 30th Street Station Philly and back. Either that, or something. If you don't I will cry, a lot.

Oooops I need to edit this, I forgot, while I am here, Sciguy, you need to be Amanda's number 1 fanboy, I can't take that role anymore. If not, I will challenge you for her honor! I am the fanboy of all girls who strive to be true to themselves and are the true embodiment of the idealistic spirit of cosplay (Amanda being one of them).

In fact, I think at the picnic we should give her a tribute. Amanda, you are always selfless, kind, outgoing, love your cosplay, and are always making pictures and sweet things for everyone, and I mean you can see them right in this forum. You are a jewel of cosplay. If I could bake a cake that wouldn't kill you all from the overwhelming amount of fat from icing I would.

Tainted-Embrace
04-22-2004, 08:18 AM
XD I'm thinking on going as Kagome or Yuna.
{ Maybe Sakura } Not sure yet, i'll get back to you.
XD AMANDA WILL SING, I already know that.
My aunt will bring me the cake, that she makes,
so I can bring it to you guys, Saturday.
XD It's good, I hope you like it.
Squee.

MonoyashaJLA
04-22-2004, 09:36 AM
One question, I know its off topic, but would anyone like to adopted a rescued Ham Ham (hampster)? My father found 5 hampster abandoned in an apartment, one died and 2 already have homes....me being one of then, but I still have a blond male teddy ham and red female teddy to give to loving homes, they both come with cages, food and everything you need. Also they a extremely tame I have not been bitten neither anyone else that has had the pleaser of holding one...please help. I could bring them to the picnic

Studmaster
04-22-2004, 11:30 AM
Seems like we got our own forum. ^_^ (A nice side effect of the sticky) Picniccon keeps growing anyway, so this is the only natural direction.

SailorAndromeda
04-22-2004, 12:34 PM
Robbie! *squeals*
*ahem* anyway.... I shall be bringing Chocolate chunk brownies, 1 batch. I'll try to cut them smaller than I usually do so that they'll feed more. I hope ^^;
Is anyone wearing something EGL? Or will my daughter and I be the only ones? Just curious... And I don't think my hubby will be cosplaying, he says he'll be too hot in Link, which is probably true. He can have the task of taking photos then *evil laugh*

Sorahana
04-22-2004, 02:54 PM
My costume is almost done *_*. And Matt you are the sweetest person ever ^_~! Thank you :3.
Two more days *O*! What time is everyone getting there? And I got the candy. I got Dum-Dums and a bag of Chocolate bars XD;. I must finish my costume.....*runs off frantically to finish it*

NiGHTmaren
04-22-2004, 03:50 PM
I get there when you get there Amanda, lmao...XD Yes, Amanda is a great person. ^^ She gives me rides and offers me support and lots of other things. ^.^

On another note, I shall be Mai on Saturday...might do Battle City if I get un-lazy and do some sewing to make her arm warmers and purse garter. Otherwise, Duelist Kingdom. And DOOM Arc won't be ready til late this summer...=_='

*~Hime no Toki~*

dizzylizzy
04-22-2004, 05:46 PM
One question, I know its off topic, but would anyone like to adopted a rescued Ham Ham (hampster)? My father found 5 hampster abandoned in an apartment, one died and 2 already have homes....me being one of then, but I still have a blond male teddy ham and red female teddy to give to loving homes, they both come with cages, food and everything you need. Also they a extremely tame I have not been bitten neither anyone else that has had the pleaser of holding one...please help. I could bring them to the picnic

::Twitch:::
seriously... i'll take one. ummm.... can i see pics? cuz seriously, jess, you know how i am about the hamhams.

Amantalathiel
04-22-2004, 07:01 PM
Also, I don't know what I can bribe people with, but I have lot's of wonderful things, I just need a ride from 8th and Market or 30th Street Station Philly and back. Either that, or something. If you don't I will cry, a lot.

uh you could get on the el and head on down to 69th street and get the septa, if no one gives you a ride

Akiko Ki
04-22-2004, 07:26 PM
Time I might be there a lot late well not really about 1 hour or so not sure it all depends on trafic and how fast I can change in and out of things >_< ya Sat for me is going to be crazy lol from training to picnic hehe so I might be there 1 or 2 hopefully 1 but ya who knows

Romann
04-22-2004, 07:52 PM
Sailor Andromeda- I might be wearing my EGL if I can get it finished in time...But I highly doubt it...I might end up rockin' my Kaolla Su instead! *will start burning the midnight oil tonight*

Misa-chan
04-22-2004, 07:54 PM
I'm almost done Meiling. <3 Hope "the car crew" doesn't leave me behind, me + west philly (69th st) don't go well together. XD

Amantalathiel
04-22-2004, 08:06 PM
....west philly isn't 69th street, its upper darby, and theres actally alot of very nice people there, just don't stare at them (I should be on a travel ad campan XD)

Tainted-Embrace
04-22-2004, 08:22 PM
XD - I just seen the cake, she made it and brought it down.
Angel Food Cake = Fluffy, Yummy, Good for you.
XD So I wonder if you guys will
heart it like mines.

Amantalathiel
04-22-2004, 08:33 PM
ooo you know what angel food cake is good with nice ripe strawberries mmmm

anyway, bringing a dir en grey burned cd, don't know if anyone likes them, but i'll bring it anyway

SailorAndromeda
04-22-2004, 09:33 PM
Noir Lumine- Yeah, I'm working on mine now >_<
It would get done faster if I wasn't online, lol

Mmmm...angel food cake. Did she use real angels? hehe

Reiko
04-22-2004, 09:57 PM
look i'll be out of the ordinary, I'll bring Soda ^_^ LOL

Tainted-Embrace
04-22-2004, 10:02 PM
XD Angel Food cake, is not made from Angels.
But its >> Fluffy?!
Isn't that better.
Lol.

Fluffyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

KaineMaxwell
04-22-2004, 10:04 PM
Mmmm...angel food cake. Did she use real angels? hehe
Yes, just like Girl Scout cookies are made with real Girl Scouts. :P

Tainted-Embrace
04-22-2004, 10:08 PM
XD... Lol.
THIN MINTS THIN MINTTS.

yukitoLeonheart
04-23-2004, 12:51 AM
Nice I think I have a ride, Studs, you going to be there too, if so, nice........it seems like there are going to be a lot of unexpected guests..........

Tainted-Embrace
04-23-2004, 08:09 AM
XD - Wow, seems like we'll have fun.

KaineMaxwell
04-23-2004, 08:52 AM
Great Yukito, I can finally meet ya.

SailorAndromeda
04-23-2004, 09:31 AM
lol, I just had to ask, hehe

I could bring thin mints as well? Mine are made with real Girl Scouts, yep. >_<

Something Lulu
04-23-2004, 09:33 AM
I can't believe I just realized this is occurring. >_< Where have I been?

Lady Ava
04-23-2004, 12:02 PM
*waves hands at YukioLeonhart* I'll be there...most likely in Ed. ^___^

I can actually come to this one! I R the happyness! ^^

Rymel
04-23-2004, 02:23 PM
aw man, the nyc crew's leaving ungodly early...meaning i can't go pick up fresh onigiri before coming to the picnic ;-; guess i'll have to figure out what else to bring then...

NiGHTmaren
04-23-2004, 04:02 PM
Ok, I'm all set. ^^ Got some chips and popcorn today, woot. Can't wait to meet everyone and see those of you who I know personally, this sounds like it's going to be lotsa fun. ^^ Anyone else doing YGO, then take piccies with me! ^^

*~Hime no Toki~*

Sorahana
04-23-2004, 04:26 PM
My costume is almost done ^_^. I must thank my dad majorly for my staff (which I love how it turned out XD)*O*! And he made ALOT of my costume so I thank him lots! Anyway I have the candy and the energy and the hyperness. ITS TMRW! WH00T! Sorry just had to do that...
And Aisha we won't leave you behind XD; Just make sure you get there so I pick you up lol.

Matt you're coming?! *drops to the ground crying* YEA!!!!!!!!! *glomps you*
Sorry I'm just very happy about that ^_^.

Can't wait to see everyone ^O^! :)

KaineMaxwell
04-23-2004, 04:28 PM
I'm set with soda's etc, and excitied!!

Ranma Saotome
04-23-2004, 05:12 PM
I can't believe I just realized this is occurring. >_< Where have I been?

You still coming right? :)

Romann
04-23-2004, 05:12 PM
aw man, the nyc crew's leaving ungodly early...meaning i can't go pick up fresh onigiri before coming to the picnic ;-; guess i'll have to figure out what else to bring then...

If you want, you can help me with the pizza ^^ Just a suggestion.

dizzylizzy
04-23-2004, 05:59 PM
veggies and strawberries bought. ::Grins:: i shall cut then tonite and in the morning. now, i await for midknight's arrival.... then... we'll sleep... then... PICNIC!

KaineMaxwell
04-23-2004, 06:04 PM
...And picnic we shall!

Sorahana
04-23-2004, 06:09 PM
TO THE PICNIC!
Random people: THE PICNIC!
I'm so hyper!! How many hours now? 16!! Lol XD;. I'm such a dork >_< but oh well.
I love all you people and can't wait to see ya ^_~!
And I know what I'm singing for karaoke *_*.

Tainted-Embrace
04-23-2004, 06:26 PM
I got the cake.
:: ^^ ::
Just need a few things,
for costume things.
Heh.

ainslye
04-23-2004, 07:32 PM
I bought strawberries and grapes today, and tonight I shall be making the famous eclair cake... muahahahahahaha it's soo tasty. ^_^

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Amantalathiel
04-23-2004, 08:26 PM
YAY! grapes... what color are they? >.>

Reiko
04-23-2004, 08:34 PM
uhh Last post for me at least ^_^

I hope to see everyone there..

and I cant wait to see everyone again, something lulu, Matt cant wait to see ya there

and I hope to meet new people as well ^_^

Cant wait to meet you all

KaineMaxwell
04-23-2004, 08:38 PM
Hey if anyone going has this fabric paint by Tulip, can you bring a bottle please so I can see what it looks like? I'm gonna go get some next weke and be nice to see wha tI'm looking for.

Tainted-Embrace
04-23-2004, 08:38 PM
^^.. Heh, can't wait to see everyone...
{ Grapes - does that mean were going
to all pig out at this thing. }
Lol.

dizzylizzy
04-23-2004, 08:39 PM
::grins evilly:: plans are falling into place. noir just called! SWEEEEET. ::Waves hi:: midknight just called too. lol she's out of the tunnel. oooooooh. excitement increases with 4 IMs asking about the picnic.

i can't wait to see everyone!!!

Amantalathiel
04-23-2004, 08:41 PM
considering I only really know...2 people here, very excited

Tainted-Embrace
04-23-2004, 10:01 PM
...o.O Excited - Akiko better bring the nunchucks and bokken.