PDA

View Full Version : Samurai Wariors Cosplayer!!!!

Pages : [1] 2 3

Sellafine
03-28-2004, 02:17 AM
Anyone interest??I’m doin’ an Okuni now…and I do need references…so if you know any web contain SW cosplayer….please tell me the link…Or if you have SW costume , you also can post it… :bigtu:

Kirschwasser
03-29-2004, 02:06 PM
Here a link to Samurai Warriors cosplayers: http://mypage.naver.co.jp/0cm/CosPage/17.html

Their costumes are sooooo cool! :D

Sellafine
03-30-2004, 01:41 PM
Thank you so much Kirrsch!!! :)
Do you interest to cosplay SW too??

ChichiriFreak
03-30-2004, 04:47 PM
I want to SW Costume..but i still need some more referance....but still waiting for it to be releashed here.

Zhalfirin
03-30-2004, 07:22 PM
Same here Chichiri...I have a ninja outfit from days past, but I need all those details of Hattori Hanzo that ya just can't get with screen shots :P

Kirschwasser
03-31-2004, 12:31 PM
Sellafine - Yep~, I'm really interested in cosplaying Samurai Warriors. ^_^ I like Oichi's outfit. I can't resist a cute outfit...nonetheless a pink outfit! *laughs* But, it's like what ChichiriFreak & Zhalfirin say...I'm going to have to wait until the game is released here in the states. I never cosplay from a game/manga unless I have played/read it. I also need more reference.

Sellafine
04-01-2004, 03:46 AM
I'm playing the Jap version...it's really a great game.. :) !
You guys should buy it if SW released in US version!!

ChichiriFreak
04-01-2004, 05:22 AM
hehe I'm sure we will Buy it once it is releashed!...it was delayed ...T__T.

Sellafine
04-02-2004, 03:11 AM
Ho..ho...can't wait to see more SW cosplayers.... :D
BTW...the jap girl cosplay Okuni really Kawaii...she inspire me so much!!

Kirschwasser
04-02-2004, 12:24 PM
I wish I knew Japanese well enough so that I could just buy the games as soon as they are released. But yeah, I'm buying the game as soon as I can whenever it gets released here in the States.

Yeah, the link to the Japanese cosplay is great, isn't it? *Nods* I liked the Okuni cosplay the best...the outfit is soooo pretty. You know what I always notice about the Japanese cosplayers: Where in the heck do they get their awesome fabric? I see it a lot in the Dynasty Warriors cosplay too. I guess they have an abundance of cool fabric/material over there...it's so hard to find brocaded silk & such here in the U.S.

Sellafine
04-03-2004, 12:56 AM
Oh...I see...In my country I can buy some silk in a China store...
But it's not as good as the japanesse cosplayers' fabric...it's all about quality...
Japanesse silk really high quality.... :P
BTW,you shold try to look it in China town in your country...hope you'll find it soon.. :)

Waiting to see you guys cosplaying SW...I'm goin to post my Okuni as soon as it's done.. :)

Kirschwasser
04-05-2004, 12:16 PM
Yes, I have already found my brocaded silk about a month ago (online) at Thai Silks. It's really nice fabric. I did look in Chinatown (Los Angeles) in January, but the majority of the shops were shut down. *Shrugs* I can't wait to see your Okuni cosplay. I know you'll make a great Okuni! ^___^

Sellafine
04-08-2004, 04:23 AM
Thank You Kirssch.. :)
Love to see both your Xiao Qiao and Oichi.. !

Kirschwasser
04-12-2004, 01:24 PM
Heh heh...I still have to work on Xiao. I'll get started on it at the beginning of next month. At least I have the shoes & hair accessories done. (Still a small percentage of the entire outfit overall). If I do Oichi, I should have it done by the end of this year. ^_^

It seems like Samurai Warriors is really popular to cosplay in Japan right now. I've seen a lot of sites with S.W. cosplay. It looks great.

Sellafine
04-13-2004, 05:50 AM
Kirrsch...can you post more SW cosplayers website..please..please :)
Love too see more SW cosplayer cause I like the game so muchie.. :) :)

Kirschwasser
04-14-2004, 12:26 PM
I've only found one site so far that I can post:

http://members3.tsukaeru.net/tmrabbit/top.htm (You have to click on the Shashin link to look at the pictures.)

There was another site that had a lot of the SW characters cosplayed, but I forgot the address. I'll put it down whenever I find it. ^^

Sellafine
04-15-2004, 08:40 AM
Thank You...very adorable Oichi and Mori... :)
Please post it again if you remember it... :D

Nelene-chan
04-15-2004, 10:56 AM
Thank you for sharing your links Kirschwasser :heart: i love this game's design and i would like to cosplay as Okuni too (but i don't know when i have to many projects...).
Sellafine you live in China ? I'm french and finding the good fabric in France will be hard ^^ i hope to find chinsese fabric store somewhere :lost:

Sellafine
04-16-2004, 08:22 AM
Nelene...no I live in Indonesia... :)

Kirschwasser
04-19-2004, 02:11 PM
Sellafine - Okay, I found the other site. Here it is: http://gogatunosakura.moo.jp/myweb_107.htm

If you look around on the actual site, there is quite a few Dynasty Warriors cosplay too. It's really good cosplay.

Nelene-chan - You are welcome. ^^ Yes, it is hard to find that brocaded fabric. I eventually found it online. (Thank God).

lestathunt
04-23-2004, 01:34 PM
My friend and I decided to switch from Dynasty warriors cosplay to Samurai warriors cosplay because we became tired of DW and wanted to do something new. I was wondering if anyone has found any good pictures of it besides on the koei site.

ChichiriFreak
04-23-2004, 06:50 PM
Here's a site...it's pretty much all i could find.

http://www.altogames.com/s/samurai-warriors/pictures-1.html

it's kinda hard to find pictures, since it's not yet releashed here...but ohwell ^^;;

Kirschwasser
04-26-2004, 12:01 PM
Lestathunt - Tired of DW cosplay, eh? I'll probably never get tired of it, due to it being one of my favourite games. (I can't wait until AX!) ^^ As I said before (earlier in this thread), I won't cosplay SW until I have played the game. Well, as for images, they are kind of hard to find at the moment, due to the game not being released just yet. I have a SW book (my boyfriend's :heart: )that has great reference, but~ I don't have a scanner.

lestathunt
05-24-2004, 02:59 PM
Lestathunt - Tired of DW cosplay, eh? I'll probably never get tired of it, due to it being one of my favourite games.

Its not that i'm tired of the game its just i wish the new one came out so i could cosplay it lol. I'm gonna be doing noh's second costume for ani-magic.

Sellafine
05-24-2004, 06:09 PM
Kirrsc and Chichiri-->Thanks so much for the web.. *Huggles*... :)

Lestathunt-->Noh's 2nd costume...OMG...that would be great!!! :D

Kirschwasser
06-07-2004, 11:50 AM
Lestathunt - I haven't played as Nouhime yet, but I have seen a screenshot of her 2nd outfit, and it is very pretty! I know you'll look great as her! ^^

So it is decided...I am going to cosplay Oichi! I'll probably start working on it later this year (during the Winter, I'm hoping). I'll wear it to Anime Expo 2005. Hopefully I can get others interested in it, but since it's still very, very early to start a gathering for it, I'll "worry" about it later this year. ^__^ I also like Okuni's outfit (so pretty), but Oichi is my favourite character, so she's a must!!

ChichiriFreak
06-07-2004, 05:07 PM
I'm gonna "TRY" to go to AX 05....still very slim chance..but who knows!. if I Do I'll make Oichi's Kitsune outfit!! ^__^ i really wanna make it.

-no-
06-07-2004, 07:15 PM
Hmm, I never even thought about doing a SW cosplay, a Magoichi Saika would be fun!

lestathunt
06-11-2004, 02:40 AM
I have a SW book (my boyfriend's :heart: )that has great reference, but~ I don't have a scanner.

Where'd he get the SW book?

LancerFoxtrot07
06-12-2004, 09:52 PM
i'm thinking one of two things for animefest2004:

chris redfield...

mitsuhide akechi...who's the prettiest guy in SW, well besides ranmaru mori. i'm not sure if i can put the whole costume together for this, though.

Kirschwasser
06-14-2004, 04:10 PM
lestathunt - He asked one of his friends over there (my guy is originally from Osaka!) to get the book for him. ^^ I want to get the book myself, because it would really help me with my Oichi cosplay. I'm going to see if I can order it from Kinokuniya. If there are any Japanese bookstores near your area, you can ask them to order it for you.

lestathunt
06-15-2004, 04:06 AM
lestathunt - He asked one of his friends over there (my guy is originally from Osaka!) to get the book for him. ^^ I want to get the book myself, because it would really help me with my Oichi cosplay. I'm going to see if I can order it from Kinokuniya. If there are any Japanese bookstores near your area, you can ask them to order it for you.

Thanks. lol I'm actually doing fine now. My friend said told me that i was doing reverse enginering when I was figuring out how to put the costumes together. Lol. Thats what ya gotta do when ya create a cosplay outfit. You gotta make the unreal real. Some of the costume animations are rediculous. lol The physics are totally wrong sometimes and there aren't always seam lines. We just gotta figure out how to make that look real. Today I just finished the second supply list for my friend of what she needs to buy. I spend more time planning than sewing. My two friends are also cosplaying SW. yay me making the costumes. They're doing Ranmaru and Kunoichi. I'd be surprised if I see any other SW cosplayers at Animagic this year. Last year we were the only DW cosplayers. Also SW is pretty new for cosplay....lol. FFX2 was cosplayed tons here even before it was released in the US. I hope i get to see all the cool SW costumes you all make. oh lol i like competting the costumes lol thats why i'm spending a really long time planning. I believe i'm not in novice anymore cuz i won a prize for the DW costumes. yay that was fun. Hope you all come to animagic. its gonna be bigger since its in a large city close to LA and there's a lot of attractions.....i guess. lol

Kirschwasser
06-16-2004, 01:20 PM
Oops, made a mistake! I called my guy yesterday & asked him about the SW artbook...it was the SW doujinshi/fanbooks that his friend got for him in Japan! The actual SW artbook itself...well, he got that at Kinokuniya Bookstore in Los Angeles. ^^

I look foward to seeing you & your friends costumes in the future. Yes, SW is still very new, especially to the cosplay world. I hope more people will be interested in it. Well, when you wear them to Animagic, I do hope you win something, because your DW costumes are fantastic! XD Yes, I know what you mean about the outfits characters wear in video games...where are the seam lines? *laughs* I always wonder, "How the heck do they put them on?" ^_~

lestathunt
06-16-2004, 05:50 PM
The actual SW artbook itself...well, he got that at Kinokuniya Bookstore in Los Angeles. ^^ Well, when you wear them to Animagic, I do hope you win something, because your DW costumes are fantastic!

Thanks. I know where that is lol. Go there when I go downtown to Little Tokyo. Forgot to check a week ago.....I can't believe I did. Plus I went there like 3 times and forgot....

Kirschwasser
06-18-2004, 02:17 PM
You are from the Los Angeles area (or just southern Cali)? Hey, since I'm cosplaying Oichi for next year's AX, maybe you could attend AX2005 too? *laughs at myself for sounding kind of persistant* I know, I can't help it, but it would be great to have other Samurai Warriors cosplayers with me.

Ah, Little Tokyo. I love going there. It's a great place to get manga (yay Kinokuniya!), lots of good Japanese groceries & snacks (Marukai), and good resturants. I can't wait to go there next week. I spend too much money there. :p

Jac'Kee
06-18-2004, 11:18 PM
There is a Samurai Warriors artbook? Could you please tell me the name so that i can try searching for it at the kinokuniya in my country? please? I've been looking for it on the no but to no avail.

Kirschwasser>> Where did you get the pic for the oichi in your avatar? it looks nice^^

I'm planning to cosplay Nouhime soon... but I can never attend any cons out of malaysiaT____T

Kirschwasser
06-22-2004, 12:20 PM
I got the picture for my avatar off this site that had awesome scans from the Samurai Warriors artbook. Though, it is very unfortunate that the site is now gone from this world. (I should have saved the pictures!!)

Here is a link to Samurai Warriors merchandise, if it helps (I hope!): http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/shop/sengoku/index.htm The artbook is the 5th one down on that page (Samurai Warrior Character Profile).

Jac'Kee
06-22-2004, 05:53 PM
Thanks so much^^ *glomps*

lestathunt
06-28-2004, 11:43 PM
You are from the Los Angeles area (or just southern Cali)? Hey, since I'm cosplaying Oichi for next year's AX, maybe you could attend AX2005 too? *laughs at myself for sounding kind of persistant* I know, I can't help it, but it would be great to have other Samurai Warriors cosplayers with me.

Hopefully I'll have the money to attend....might be cosplaying the new Dynasty Warriors that is coming out in the fall...Hopefully they'll be really cool costumes like they usually are....cosplaying SW right now is so early for American Cosplayers.

Sellafine
06-30-2004, 09:53 PM
Can't wait to see you guys with the SW costume...I'm doin' my Okuni right now..goin to post some photos if it's done :)

ChichiriFreak
06-30-2004, 10:56 PM
When i get back from AX i'm going to start making Costume 2 of Oichi. and ima try again to go to AX 05 ^_^

Animalman
07-01-2004, 12:51 AM
Ok.. In addition to the Samurai Warriors posters, I managed to get some more sweet swag to give away at the panel... if you've got a PS2 (hint, hint) this panel is for you.

Date and Time: Sunday, July 4th, 10am-11am
Location: Anime Expo, Anaheim Convention Center Room 201 (LP3)

Hikitsuri
07-05-2004, 11:33 PM
Well I went to Anime Expo and now I'm going to cosplay as someone from it next year when I figure out who!! I might go as Date, Yukimura or Magoichi depending on if anyone cosplays.

Kirschwasser
07-15-2004, 11:53 AM
I'm going to get started on Oichi within the next couple of months. I'm going to start looking for fabric & supplies. I luv~ Oichi, she is so kawaii, especially with her kendama as a weapon. *Gotta love her Musou attack* I finally own SW now. (Thanks to my brother who bought it for me~~!) I've been playing a lot of it recently. I really like Okuni too. I would like to cosplay her too, but Oichi is a must! Her attacks looks cool & I like how she can float with her parasol when you do a double jump.

Oh, at AX, there were these really awesome SW cosplayers. I'm going to try to get the pictures online within the next couple of weeks. They really inspired me!

When i get back from AX i'm going to start making Costume 2 of Oichi. and ima try again to go to AX 05 ^_^

Yes, do go. That way there will be both versions of Oichi. ^^

Hikitsuri - Yes, do go to AX as SW next year. :D

might be cosplaying the new Dynasty Warriors that is coming out in the fall.

A new DW??? Is it it the Empires or is there actually going to be a DW5?

ChichiriFreak
07-15-2004, 04:25 PM
I remember those Sw cosplayers!!! They're so awesome!! I really liked that Magoichi. My parents Say they won't promise..but they wouldn't mind taking me back to AX 05...but i'll probably be walking alone alone..T_T friend not coming this time. But ohwell if i do I'll have Oichi's second costume done ^_^

The new DW in the fall is DW:Empires i believe.

HuongStar
07-16-2004, 09:34 AM
I remember those Sw cosplayers!!! They're so awesome!! I really liked that Magoichi.

*_* I loooove their costumes and they were so nice!

Kirschwasser
07-19-2004, 02:52 PM
Oh, I am in a "struggle" right now. I want to cosplay Okuni! She is so awesome! Hmmmm...oh dear, oh my, I might as well...I changed my mind. I will cosplay Okuni (both of her costumes) for next year's Anime Expo. My sister wants to go as SW too, so I might make Oichi for her instead. (She would make a better Oichi than I!) If not, then I still will make Oichi. Oh for goodness sakes, what am I getting myself into? Three SW costumes? *Faints*

Yes, that Magoichi cosplayer was so cool. He makes a perfect Magoichi!!!! I liked the Nouhime cosplayer too...she was very pretty & so was her costume. All of the SW cosplayers were awesome!

lainey
07-21-2004, 07:31 PM
i adore Nouhime :D

problem is...satin is polyester...and gradient dying won't work >_<

any suggestions :(

ChichiriFreak
07-21-2004, 09:14 PM
I'm Currently Making Oichi's 2nd Costume...yay i love mascot costumes! ^_^;;..and i havta to think of a way to make her weapon/toy.

Kirschwasser
07-23-2004, 04:51 PM
lainey - Oooo, I don't know. I've never tried doing a gradient dying on synthetic materials. If you can afford silk, the gradient dying works good. That is what I used to dye the big poofy bow on my Xiao Qiao costume. I used silk paints to the the green, yellow, and red to blend into each other. Um, that is considered gradient dying, isn't it?

ChichiriFreak - Hee hee, I can't wait to see it! Oichi's kitsune outfit is cute & amusing at the same time. As for the kendama, you can find those online, but of course they won't be as big as Oichi's kendama in the game! ^_~ Her kendama gets huge after a while (especially the Sumire).

lestathunt
07-24-2004, 12:47 AM
Currently making Ranmaru costume 1, Kunoichi costume 1 and Noh costume 2....i'll try to post pics when i can...only like to show the finished project...lol....ranmaru and kunoichi are costumes for friends.

ChichiriFreak
07-24-2004, 01:19 PM
I can't wait to see these Samurai Warriors Costumes!!!! ^_^..Lol yes..I'll probably just buy one off the net...i'll be too lazy to make her kendama ^_^;;;;

lainey
07-25-2004, 06:09 PM
hand painting a gradient...now that's something scary!!! lol

i dun think u can use rit dye on satin...because it doesn't dye polyester...never thought of silk...LOL maybe because it's just too darn expensive :D

i might just got for solid colours then >_<

Kirschwasser
07-26-2004, 02:59 PM
lestathunt - That's great! I like Ranmaru's & Kunoichi's outfit and Nouhime's 2nd outfit is really pretty. (Well, both of her outfits are.) But I like Nouhime's hairstyle in her 2nd outfit, it's crazy! Yes, do post photos whenever you are finished! ^^

ChichiriFreak - Yes, buying one of the Net will be so much easier than making it. (At least for me...I wouldn't know how to make such a thing). I've seen them fairly cheap...I forgot which sites they were on, though.

lainey - Actually~, hand painting the silk was really easy. The only problem was steam setting it. I guess I didn't set it long enough, so it got a little bit of water spots on it! It also wrinked the silk, so I had to iron it carefully. *How annoying!* Yes, silk is very expensive...and very fragile!! *laughs*

lainey
07-26-2004, 04:54 PM
does anyone have reference images of the alternate costumes as well...?

Kirschwasser
08-02-2004, 01:21 PM
Oh, those are very difficult to find! I don't remember if the artbook had the 2nd costume images. I'll have to buy the book & see if it does. I want better reference for Okuni's 2nd outfit. Even if the images in the game are okay, I still want better reference. What is going to be hard is the umbrella...they will be easy to find, but I want one that looks exactly like Okuni's. ^_^;

Okuni is funny...I like how she loves all the men in the game. It's great! :D Oh, but the English voice is terrible. I play Samurai Warriors in Japanese, but the other day, I wanted to see how Okuni & the others sounded in English...it was bad! >_< Ranmaru sounds awful in English too. I'm glad the game has the Japanese language option!!!

Edit: Oh yeah...I almost forgot...Okuni's pants are called "hakama", right? What are they usually made out of? Cotton or silk?

lainey
08-08-2004, 01:24 PM
btw...

u CAN dye silk ^_^

Kirschwasser
08-10-2004, 02:58 PM
Yes, you can dye silk. I did that for the obi & bow for my Xiao Qiao costume. It was really easy. I thought it would be difficult, but it wasn't...Thank the Lord. *Smiles*

Kirschwasser
08-18-2004, 02:39 PM
What's this? http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/sengokum/

A sidestory to Samurai Warriors? There's only 2 new characters.

Sellafine
08-21-2004, 04:13 AM
Hi guys..I’ve already finished my Okuni shoot..you can click on my gallery if you wanna see some photos of my Okuni :P
I hope I can see you all SW cosplay too soon!
Tell me if you all already finished it! :)

Sellafine
08-21-2004, 04:20 AM
Kirrsch-->BTW..may I know the link of that Nouhime cosplayer you talkin about.. wanna see..wanna see...never seen a Nouhime before... :)

Kirschwasser
09-06-2004, 04:06 PM
Sellafine - I viewed your photos of you as Okuni & I commented on a picture! You make a really lovely Okuni! It is really nice to see somebody cosplay from SW! I hope whenever I make my Okuni that it will come out as nice as yours! ^_^

As for the picture of the Nouhime cosplayer, it should be in the gallery on this site, but unfortunately, the galleries are so messed up right now. -_-; At least for me, the site is messed up. It's been like that for 3 weeks now!! It is very frustrating. *Laughs*

I won't get started on my SW costumes just yet. I don't have the time or the money that I thought I would, but I will get the costumes done by next July! (Such a looooong time away from now.)

Kirschwasser
09-13-2004, 08:17 PM
Check out this Samurai Warriors cosplay site! http://reika2004.fc2web.com/senngokufure-mu.html

They practically have every character, including the best Date Masamune and Nagamasa-sama cosplayers I have ever seen. These cosplayers really inspire me to work on my Oichi and Okuni as soon as possible! XD

Sellafine
09-14-2004, 09:24 AM
Kirrsch__>Huggles..thank you..they all so adorable!!Love to see it!
I'm waiting for your oichi and okuni too!!!

Kirschwasser
09-27-2004, 08:05 PM
I'm not sure if I will make Okuni's 2nd outfit as soon as I thought I would. I wanted it done for Halloween, but I don't have enough time (and extra money) to find all the right fabrics & accessories for her. I am going to make Da Qiao's 3rd outfit instead! ^^ I'm still making Okuni's 1st outfit and Oichi for AX2005, though. I better start hunting for all the fabrics & stuff. I want to get started on them early...

Nightide
09-28-2004, 02:11 PM
Do you still have the web addy for the silk place? Its really hard to get into NYC for me, and Online would work awesome. Lookin at Hanzo or Jian Wei

Yes, I have already found my brocaded silk about a month ago (online) at Thai Silks. It's really nice fabric. I did look in Chinatown (Los Angeles) in January, but the majority of the shops were shut down. *Shrugs* I can't wait to see your Okuni cosplay. I know you'll make a great Okuni! ^___^

Kirschwasser
10-04-2004, 07:50 PM
www.thaisilks.com

I hope you find what you are looking for, Nightide. ^_^

lestathunt
10-06-2004, 10:37 AM
Ani-magic just ended and now people are putting up pics. Blue Saphire productions took these pics. My group is the one w/ Noh (2nd costume), Ranmaru, and Kunoichi. I made all of them. The photo room pics should be up sometime...thats where Ranmaru has armor on her...can't wait to see. While I was there I saw a cute Okuni....she was from japan, but no other SW cosplayers besides us.

Here's a couple from Blue Saphire Productions: http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=209828

Here's one from Imagineer: http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=212653

Here's a lot from Eurobeat King: http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=213568
(You can just keep hitting the next picture. A couple pages before you can see us in the masquerade...we won for Best Group for Novice.)

Here's pics from ImageCraft: http://www.dragonsgate.net/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=2975&sort=1&cat=3021&page=10 (Just keep hitting the next image to see more. The were taken after the masquerade....yay pictures)

Crayola
10-09-2004, 02:26 PM
Why for the life of me can I not find a picture of Kunoichis alternate outfit? Does anybody have a scan, or a picture of her alternate outfit that I may use as a reference? I have to find one by april for Sakura Con. >_< Someone help me <3
AspenMtthws@aol.com

Kirschwasser
10-09-2004, 05:17 PM
Crayola - I've never found a picture of Kunoichi's 2nd outfit either. I've looked everywhere, because I want to draw fan art of her in that outfit. The only reference I have for her 2nd outfit is when I recorded screenshots of the SW chara's in their 2nd outfits (onto a VHS). That will be your best bet if you need reference for the outfit. But~, that is great that you will cosplay her. She's a cool character. Her (Japanese) voice is so cute, especially when she goes "Nyaha." XD

lestathunt - The costumes are sooo amazing! You make a wonderful Nouhime. Everything about the outfit is perfect! The three of you represent the characters very well. I really hope you can come to AX2005, because I would love to have you & your friends for the SW group. I even convinced my boyfriend to go as Magoichi-sama!!! XD

Melanie
10-09-2004, 09:07 PM
Why for the life of me can I not find a picture of Kunoichis alternate outfit? Does anybody have a scan, or a picture of her alternate outfit that I may use as a reference?

I've attached a scan of her second costume for you. I hope it'll be helpful. :)

Kirschwasser, here are the pics of Oichi for you as well. I didn't know which version of her you were doing, so I've just scanned everything. I'll put Okuni in a separate post, since I'm only allowed 5 attachments.

Oh, and lestathunt, your costumes are beautiful! :) I've never seen Noh's alternate costume done before! My jaw dropped the moment I saw that outfit for the first time... is she not the most sexy woman in video game history? I hope it was fun to *be* her for the day!

Melanie
10-09-2004, 11:07 PM
And here's Okuni! I'm sorry they're such dodgy scans... I was so frightened of breaking the book's spine. :waaaah:

Beatrix
10-11-2004, 07:07 AM
Melanie: Wow, thanks for the great Okuni scans. I been looking everywhere for some good reference pictures, but wasn't having any luck. Would it be possible for you to to scan Noh as well??? Thanks again! ^__^

Melanie
10-12-2004, 06:27 AM
Melanie: Wow, thanks for the great Okuni scans. I been looking everywhere for some good reference pictures, but wasn't having any luck. Would it be possible for you to to scan Noh as well??? Thanks again! ^__^

I'm glad I was able to help. :) Here's Noh... Enjoy! :)

Beatrix
10-12-2004, 12:53 PM
Melanie: Oh great!! Thank you sooo much! :bigtu: Now, I just have to pick which one I want to make. Hmm, Okuni or Noh. . . :lost:

Nightide
10-12-2004, 03:08 PM
First, Kirschwaßer. Thanks for the ThaiSilks web addy. I have already sold my soul to them, and about $60. ^^

Second, Melanie, what is the Japanese name of the Sengoku Musou art book? Also do you know its ISBN#? I have a Kinokunia out here in jersey and want to snag a copy for myself.

I am dieing to start Hanzo's second outfit. But i can't find any pics. That book is my last resort. Thanks

Melanie
10-13-2004, 10:30 PM
Nightide, the book's Japanese name is "戦国無双 公式設定資料集" (hopefully this forum can display Japanese text). In English, it is "Sengoku Musou Official Data Book". ISBN: 477580197X / Release Date: 2004/06/23 / Publisher: Koei / Price: ¥2100

I hope you'll be able to get a copy of it! I had a LOT of trouble trying to import it... I ended up ordering it from Amazon.co.jp

lestathunt
10-14-2004, 10:06 AM
More pictures. Yay pretty pictures of my costumes that cosplay.com took at ani-magic. http://images.cosplay.com/photo.php?photo=16759&u=2315-438

Nightide
10-18-2004, 03:30 PM
Righteous! ThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyou. Tehe, hopefully my sis can order it in time for my Bday. ^^

btw, Hanzo's lv5 weapon is near impossible to get ><

Nightide, the book's Japanese name is "戦国無双 公式設定資料集" (hopefully this forum can display Japanese text). In English, it is "Sengoku Musou Official Data Book". ISBN: 477580197X / Release Date: 2004/06/23 / Publisher: Koei / Price: ¥2100

I hope you'll be able to get a copy of it! I had a LOT of trouble trying to import it... I ended up ordering it from Amazon.co.jp

Kirschwasser
10-18-2004, 07:22 PM
Kirschwasser, here are the pics of Oichi for you as well. I didn't know which version of her you were doing, so I've just scanned everything. I'll put Okuni in a separate post, since I'm only allowed 5 attachments

Melanie - Oh my gosh...Maido Ookini, Gracias, Merci, Danke, Xie Xie! Thank you so much for the Oichi & Okuni scans. That is really generous of you! I really appreciate so much! Thank you!!! :japan: The scans will really help me a lot! And thanks for putting down the name & info of the book. I must get the book...I can tell it will help me a lot for fan art & such. I must ask Kinokuniya to order it for me!

Edit: Aaaaaaaaaaaah! Where did my Musou gifs go?!?!?! All of them are gone except the ninjas!!!

Melanie
10-20-2004, 07:22 AM
My absolute pleasure. I'm glad I could help! :dance:

Nightide, I know what you mean about Hanzo's weapons! (God knows he needs something stronger than his fourth to get ANYTHING done. X_x) Are you going to make his weapon for your costume? If so, which one?

Kirschwasser, your gifs are all there again. It's very strange that only the ninjas hung around... you'd think they'd be the first ones to disappear! :p

Nightide
10-20-2004, 10:46 AM
I am most likely going to be making his first weapon. Unless I can earn his 5th

This is how I am attempting to get mine. Sorry to turn this into a game help forum ^^;
First; Get some decent high level items. Mitsuhide's third stage on chaos works great. you can get 8 in total.
Second, upgrade those with Oichi's 5th upper. Same map, again on Chaos. USE KEIJI!!! Gather the items and Kill Mitsuhide
Third, get Keiji's 5th. His Fifth stage. Kill all Generals, including the sub's. Train on chaos mode for about an hour to make Hard look like a joke. This stage is also good for anykind of GREAT lv4 weapons. ^^
With awesome Item's, plus Keiji, try and complete the nessecary objectives. Keiji will be nothing but support.

Nightide, I know what you mean about Hanzo's weapons! (God knows he needs something stronger than his fourth to get ANYTHING done. X_x) Are you going to make his weapon for your costume? If so, which one?

Kirschwasser
10-21-2004, 09:48 AM
First, Kirschwaßer. Thanks for the ThaiSilks web addy. I have already sold my soul to them, and about $60. ^^

You're welcome. The fabrics from Thai Silks are really nice...that is what I used for my Xiao Qiao & Da Qiao (well, the brocade on the costumes, that is...). I definetaly know who to buy from when I need more silk brocade & just silk in general for a relatively cheap price. ^^

You've played SW in Chaos mode? Argh...that's so hard. I tried it once & I died within the first 5 minutes. *laughs at myself* You know what is a pain in the arse? Survival Mode (Abyss). There is a rumour that Lu Bu is at the bottom of it. Well, I used Keiji (my strongest chara) for Survival Mode. I barely made it to Level 30 after who knows how long (with my life meter so deathly low) & then Keiji gets shot in the arse by those bloody musket fools!! *Argh!!!* I was so mad that I died at the last level. If Lu Bu was down there, I wouldn't have cared if he killed me...I just wanted to see if he was indeed on the bottom floor, but nooo, I get murdered by a idiot musket guy! *Laughs again* I know I'm not played that Mode ever again...

Melanie - I just noticed something on the pictures you scanned for me...the ages of the characters. Okuni is only 17!?!?! Wow, she's way younger than I thought she would be...I thought she was my age or something. And~, it kind of hard to believe Nouhime is only 20! But, I can believe that Oichi is only 15...she looks & acts like it.

Kirschwasser
10-21-2004, 10:28 AM
*Hee hee hee* Look, I found a site that has Ieyasu & Hideyoshi cosplayers...it made me laugh to see those characters being cosplayed, especially Hideyoshi. (I called him "Hidoi-yoshi" because he's hidious! Sorry, lame joke there...) But I must give them credit for cosplaying them...http://gyakuyoga.web.infoseek.co.jp/photo/photo20040919-1.html

I find some Japanese cosplayers strange, though. I've noticed when they cosplayed certain characters, they change the costume by making it another colour! Like, a blue Kunoichi, a black Kunoichi, & a blue Oichi? What the...?

Oh yeah, when you guys play SW, do you play it in Japanese or English? I play it in Japanese because it sounds so much better. I love the voices in Japanese, it fits the characters really well. The other day I tried SW in English...terrible. Sorry if you play it in English, but I do not like the voices. Especially Kunoichi in English...*shudders* But Oichi sounds cute in English because she reminds me Xiao Qiao...but I prefer her Japanese voice better. ^_^

Melanie
10-21-2004, 09:42 PM
There is a rumour that Lu Bu is at the bottom of it.
I've seen the screen caps of him! I didn't know where he was, but I knew he was somewhere! Heh, I'd love to meet him in battle, but I only ever play as Ranmaru, and well... :p

Melanie - I just noticed something on the pictures you scanned for me...the ages of the characters.
Yeah, I know! The ages are crazy! Aparently, Ranmaru is 19... when historically, he died at 17!? :eeek: I don't know whether that's good or disrespectful to give him a couple more years.

Okuni is only 17!?!?!
She acts like she's a lot older than all the other girls, doesn't she? Haahaha! It makes all those guys who like her seem like a bunch of old pervs now!

*Hee hee hee* Look, I found a site that has Ieyasu & Hideyoshi cosplayers...it made me laugh to see those characters being cosplayed, especially Hideyoshi. (I called him "Hidoi-yoshi" because he's hidious! Sorry, lame joke there...)
Hehehee! Oh! That's great - both the cosplayers and the joke! It's good to see that those characters actually moved someone to put that much work into cosplaying them. And they could almost guarantee that they wouldn't run into anyone wearing the same costume - EVER! *laughs*

Oh yeah, when you guys play SW, do you play it in Japanese or English? I play it in Japanese because it sounds so much better.
I've only played the Japanese version once, 'cause my brother has the modded PS2, and I have to get his written permission to use it. X_x But I'm happy with the English one. Mitsuhide's voice is extremely sexxxy! :love:

Kirschwasser
10-22-2004, 01:47 PM
Yeah, I know! The ages are crazy! Aparently, Ranmaru is 19... when historically, he died at 17!?

Eeeh?! Naniii-----------i?! Ranmaru is 19!?!?! 19! Oh my goodness me, I thought he was 13 or 14. Especially with his (Japanese) voice, it makes him sound very youthful. *Oh ho ho ho* Well, that is certainatly news to me. Well, how old is Masamune supposed to be? He looks like a kid, but he sure doesn't sound like one. (I guess he is just hobbit-sized, poor lad.) And let me guess...is Hanzo 18 and Yukimura 17? :p To me, Yukimura seems like he is in his early twenties, while Hanzo is in his late twenties. But one can never tell, for the video game designers always make characters an age they appear not to be.

She acts like she's a lot older than all the other girls, doesn't she? Haahaha! It makes all those guys who like her seem like a bunch of old pervs now!

lol...no kidding. Shingen, you hentai!!! Same with you, Kenshin. Ha ha...that's not nice to say, but it's true. Shingen is like, 50 years older then Okuni. And Okuni, shame on you! Shingen could be your grandpa! I guess Okuni falls in love so easily. It's funny when she falls for Yukimura & Kunoichi doesn't like it, so Kunoichi fights Okuni, but then Okuni gets rid of her so she can keep Yukimura for herself!! XD

Hehehee! Oh! That's great - both the cosplayers and the joke! It's good to see that those characters actually moved someone to put that much work into cosplaying them. And they could almost guarantee that they wouldn't run into anyone wearing the same costume - EVER! *laughs

No kidding, they are one of a kind cosplay, aren't they? I really give them great credit for cosplaying them...very interesting & amusing. Well, at least it added to the group. Yep, Hideyoshi is scary...especially his (Japanese) voice. You know when he seems the scariest? That last level for Hanzo...Path B. It's when Hanzo bursts into Hideyoshi's room & Hideyoshi is flirting/going after this ninja girl...it's just on that part that Hideyoshi sounds scary. *laughs*

But I'm happy with the English one. Mitsuhide's voice is extremely sexxxy!

Mitsuhide's voice actually sounds good in both languages. So do Oichi's & Masamune's. I just can't stand Kunoichi & Okuni's voice, it doesn't fit them at all in English. Especially Okuni's English voice...it sounds way too high pitched, as if she swallowed 10 gallons of helium. Her (Japanese) voice is better, because she speaks in Kansai-ben (which would be correct, for she is in the Kyoto region).

Ooooh, Mitsuhide gets me mad sometimes....he cheats in the game! *Ha ha* Especially in Survival Mode...he always does his Musou five times in a row, causing my characters life to go near death! :p I don't like fighting against him because he's strong...same with Kunoichi, because she is fast! But I do like playing as them...just not against them! ^_~

Kirschwasser
11-15-2004, 04:08 PM
*Slaps thread awake* It's time to be revived again...

Does anybody know what type of of crest/logo/emblem Magoichi has on his outfit? I've been trying to figure out what the heck it is. As for Okuni...those beads she has on her necklace (I forgot what they were called...you know, those gold, backwards #9 shaped beads), do you know where I could find any? I've looked all over the Net for them! :thumbsup:

Melanie
11-16-2004, 04:55 AM
*Slaps thread awake* It's time to be revived again...

Does anybody know what type of of crest/logo/emblem Magoichi has on his outfit? I've been trying to figure out what the heck it is.

*wakes up and looks around* Oh! Hello, Samurai Warriors thread! *laughs*

http://www.samurai-archives.com/ is a great place for all your samurai research needs! :heart: And most importantly, it has a gallery of all of the most famous family crests... hopefully, Magoichi's is there!

When I was searching for Ranmaru's crest, my search actually led me to a Mori family genealogy site, which had the crest all over the place in great detail! Maybe doing a search for the Saika family will have the same results for you? :)

As for Okuni...those beads she has on her necklace (I forgot what they were called...you know, those gold, backwards #9 shaped beads), do you know where I could find any? I've looked all over the Net for them! :thumbsup:
I've just finished making beads like that for my next costume, because I haven't been able to find them for sale anywhere! I've shaped them out of thick plywood with a rotary tool, and I'm really happy with how they've turned out. They take a little while to do, but I think that would be better than stressing over where to buy them from. :)

Kirschwasser
11-19-2004, 12:11 PM
Thanks for the link to the samurai family crests. I did not find "Saika" in there so far. I'll have to do some more research on it, but I did find all the other crests that belong to the characters in the game. That actually will be great reference for fan art & such. I tried to see which family Okuni falls under...she has many! She's either a Bessho, Gamou, Kii, Kobayakawa, Utsunomiya, or a Yamamoto. *laughs*

Yeah, those beads are really hard to find. I looked all over the place & have had no luck so far. You're right...I'm probably better off making them. :)

Edit: Look..isn't this cosplay cute? If Nobunaga & Nouhime had a kid: http://failure.bbzone.net/photo/04/05.30/nob.html

Melanie
12-07-2004, 07:26 PM
Thanks for the link to the samurai family crests. I did not find "Saika" in there so far.
My pleasure, I'm glad I could help! :) I noticed that some families share their crest, so maybe his is in there somewhere, just under a different name? I can do a more extensive search for the Saika crest, if you're still looking for it?

That actually will be great reference for fan art & such.
Wonderful! Your fanart sounds so beautiful and detailed already... I'm dying to see it! :)

I tried to see which family Okuni falls under...she has many! She's either a Bessho, Gamou, Kii, Kobayakawa, Utsunomiya, or a Yamamoto. *laughs*
Eee... I can look into that, too, if you like? My brother has been a huge Masamune Date fan for ages, so he's got a lot of strange samurai resources.

Look..isn't this cosplay cute? If Nobunaga & Nouhime had a kid: http://failure.bbzone.net/photo/04/05.30/nob.html
Oh! That is soooo adorable! :love: I love the Nobunaga costume - that armour looks fantastic!!

Kirschwasser
12-09-2004, 03:39 PM
I can do a more extensive search for the Saika crest, if you're still looking for it?

Thanks~, but I made my boyfriend research on it, since he is going to be Magoichi for AX2005, so he has to help out too! *laughs*

As for my fan art...thanks! I really want to put it online now, but I still need to find access to a scanner! The other day I did fan art of Okuni and also one of Jiang Wei...but they aren't full body pics, because I didn't feel like drawing a really big picture. XD Also...I need to get DW Empires soon enough, that way I can get better rerference for Jiang Wei & all the others. ^^

Eee... I can look into that, too, if you like? My brother has been a huge Masamune Date fan for ages, so he's got a lot of strange samurai resources

*Smiles* That's okay. What I meant was...I put down all those last names for Okuni since they all share the same crest. I was just wondering what her last name would be. But the site really did help!! ^__^ Thanks!

Edit: I just realized I had the crest wrong! I got a closer look at Okuni's crest & found out it was reverse in colour than the family names I posted above! So Okuni is an Ujiie! Darn, I messed up on my Okuni fan art then...I better go fix it!! *laughs at myself*

Melanie
05-02-2005, 04:59 AM
Someone in the Dynasty Warriors thread wanted a detailed pic of Kunoichi's outfit? I didn't want to get off-topic over there, so I've attached one to this post for you. :) There's also a pic of her alternate outfit in Post #71 (http://forums.cosplay.com/showpost.php?p=857508&postcount=71)

And Bloodlust Kid, please find attached a pic of all the pleb ninjas. I hope it's what you were after.

Oh! Good news with my Mitsuhide costume! I've almost finished his tunic, and I've started making his plate armour. I am so in love with it already, I can't wait to get it into a wearable stage! :love:

Kirschwasser
05-02-2005, 08:14 AM
Oh my, I had forgotten about this thread. ^^;

I'm still finding items for Okuni. It doesn't help that Thai Silks has backordered the gold brocade. ^^; I don't know why, but finding all the accessories for Okuni has been a b**ch for me. I'm going insane.

But I will have it done for AX. :D

Melanie
05-11-2005, 08:48 AM
Oh my, I had forgotten about this thread. ^^;
This thread is so unloved! I had to go searching for it. :waaaah:

I'm still finding items for Okuni. It doesn't help that Thai Silks has backordered the gold brocade. ^^; I don't know why, but finding all the accessories for Okuni has been a b**ch for me. I'm going insane.
But she'll be worth it... the ones that cause the most trouble always are! I'm really looking forward to seeing your costume! I just know it's going to be absolutely awesome!

I think I'm weakening... after I've finished Mitsuhide (who is being a bastard at the moment), I *might* give Kunoichi a try, even though I announced very loudly and publicly that I was never cosplaying a girl again. ;)

Kirschwasser
05-11-2005, 11:56 AM
Mitsuhide is being a bastard? Well, shame on him! XD I sooooo look foward to seeing your Mitsuhide completion, 'cause I know it'll look awesome! Kunoichi? That's great. Which version of her?

I'm happy now. Thai Silks finally got their rear in gear & got my gold brocade. I'm going to use the reverse side of the brocade (the non-shiny side) for the gold, because that too looks really nice. I found myself some sandals to go with the outfit, being that buying okobo/maiko/koppori geta would turn out to be a nightmare & hidiously expensive. (So yeah, no 4 inch tall sandals. Darn!) I also found a small parasol & I'll be painting that. I'll start on Okuni in June. (Yeah, I'm really rushing it, aren't I? That's what I get for planning on making a thousand costumes). :thumbsup:

Melanie
05-13-2005, 04:40 AM
Mitsuhide is being a bastard? Well, shame on him! XD I sooooo look foward to seeing your Mitsuhide completion, 'cause I know it'll look awesome!
Aww.. thank you! :heart: Something bad happened with him today (don't EVER use bemsilk - it is an evil fabric!), and I had to unpick the last two days' work. I think once the anger subsides, I'm going to have a big cry. :waaaah:

Kunoichi? That's great. Which version of her?
Oh, I wish I had the figure to do her second outfit! Her first is a lot more forgiving, so I want to give it a try. Now I must find a sexy Yukimura! Mmmm...

I'm happy now. Thai Silks finally got their rear in gear & got my gold brocade. I'm going to use the reverse side of the brocade (the non-shiny side) for the gold, because that too looks really nice.
What a great idea! That will look stunning!

I'll start on Okuni in June. (Yeah, I'm really rushing it, aren't I? That's what I get for planning on making a thousand costumes). :thumbsup:
Heh, I know exactly what you mean! How long does that give you to make her?

Melanie
05-15-2005, 07:33 AM
Just found a great looking shop for Japanese footwear. They even sell Noh's horrifying tengu geta, if anyone wants to go all-out for accuracy! O_O

http://www.karankoron.com/online_shop_top.html

Kimono310
05-18-2005, 07:59 PM
;_; i need help on the details of Nouhime. (i.e. tengu geta, snake on leg, etc) anyone have suggestions? ^_^;

Melanie
05-24-2005, 07:22 AM
;_; i need help on the details of Nouhime. (i.e. tengu geta, snake on leg, etc) anyone have suggestions? ^_^;

See Post #74 (http://forums.cosplay.com/showpost.php?p=859865&postcount=74) of this thread. There are some scans of her there. :)

Kimono310
05-24-2005, 01:02 PM
See Post #74 (http://forums.cosplay.com/showpost.php?p=859865&postcount=74) of this thread. There are some scans of her there. :)

oh honey, i already saw that and I am very grateful. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to go about making certain aspects of her outfit (ie the snake thingie that is attached to taht gold thingie)

Kirschwasser
05-24-2005, 10:53 PM
I'm back~! Well, at least for the time, being. Who knows when I'll be back online again. :thumbsup:

Heh, I know exactly what you mean! How long does that give you to make her?

I'll be leaving the 4th week of June. I have 4 1/2 weeks left before I leave, so yeah...I'm really rushed right now....and stressed out too! >_< That's what I get for wanting to make & remake so many costumes!

Just found a great looking shop for Japanese footwear. They even sell Noh's horrifying tengu geta, if anyone wants to go all-out for accuracy! O_O

http://www.karankoron.com/online_shop_top.html

That is where I was originally going to buy the maiko/koppori/okobo geta for Okuni. But nooooo, karankoron.com doesn't take f***ing (excuse my language) Money Order...only bloody cursed Credit Card! (I don't have nor do I trust Credit Cards). So I won't have the right shoes for Okuni. Oh well...*shrugs*

Melanie
05-25-2005, 05:35 AM
I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to go about making certain aspects of her outfit (ie the snake thingie that is attached to taht gold thingie)
Oh! I realised that was what you meant after I went offline and I was thinking about the question. I was like d'oh!

With the snake... I've seen a couple of Japanese cosplayers make it sort of plushie. And I imagine they've threaded wire through it to keep it in shape.

Ooh! I just had a thought! Wouldn't one of those toy snakes look awesome painted purple and wrapped around your leg?! It would be easy enough to put wire through it, since they're hollow, and you could sew its mouth shut around the gold underskirt... I think it'd look brilliant! *_*

Makes me want to attempt Noh just to try it out! *embarrassed laugh* But alas, my chest (or lack thereof) is more suited to male characters. ^_^;;

I'll be leaving the 4th week of June. I have 4 1/2 weeks left before I leave, so yeah...I'm really rushed right now....and stressed out too! >_< That's what I get for wanting to make & remake so many costumes!
Oh my! That is cutting it awfully close! :eek: I'd better not keep you any longer... you've got costumes to make instead of reading this! So, good luck with getting it all finished in time! :D

Kirschwasser
05-31-2005, 10:04 AM
Makes me want to attempt Noh just to try it out! *embarrassed laugh* But alas, my chest (or lack thereof) is more suited to male characters. ^_^;;

Ha ha, sounds like me. I love how they make video game characters with such huge chests...so impossible in real life. Especially the DOA girls. ^^; Oh, I love Noh's outfits, so pretty. If I had all time in the world (and all the money too), I'd go about making all the costumes from the SW & DW girls.

Oh my! That is cutting it awfully close! I'd better not keep you any longer... you've got costumes to make instead of reading this! So, good luck with getting it all finished in time!

Yeah, I'm really on a time-limit. I started early on Okuni, though. ^^ I am almost done with the top (I finished the top with the red & green on it and am almost done with the outside top with the gold). When I get home today, I'll finish that up & the sleeve-things too. I'm trying to figure out how to make the sleeves "float" and stay put on my arms (I love video game clothing & how it always seems to defy gravity). I plan on getting Okuni done before the end of next week. Although, I am still waiting for my bloody wig (I think I got ripped off). >_<

Sao Sun_Ying
05-31-2005, 12:47 PM
Wow, just hearing u guys talk about costume making makes me want to make mine (or at least buy one) hehehe. I love Noh's second one, but then it may make me feel uncomfortable. I wore a tube-top last weekend and it felt like it was dropping lower and lower all tha time. I kept having to pull it up. Well, at least I got some attention (hehehe). I wish I had big chi chies like tha Samurai gurls (wah)!!!

heki-chan
05-31-2005, 01:18 PM
My sister was Noh this past weekend ^_^

Picture:
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=352335

I'll post a full body shot later, if it'd help with your construction ideas ^_^

Kirschwasser
05-31-2005, 01:20 PM
With an outfit like's Nouhime's, her 2nd one can easily be held up with those clear bra straps (I've seen many cosplayers use those before). Ooooh, I wouldn't want attention from guys like that. I'd rather have them like me for who I was than have them lecherously starting at my chest. *laughs humbly* But yeah, video game girls always have unrealistic proportions (like 22" waist & 35" bust...what the!?!)

Melanie
06-02-2005, 03:24 AM
I plan on getting Okuni done before the end of next week. Although, I am still waiting for my bloody wig (I think I got ripped off). >_<
Good luck with it all! I can't wait to see photos! :D Oh! I'm so sorry to hear your wig is taking so long... were you having it made?

I love Noh's second one, but then it may make me feel uncomfortable. I wore a tube-top last weekend and it felt like it was dropping lower and lower all tha time. I kept having to pull it up. Well, at least I got some attention (hehehe). I wish I had big chi chies like tha Samurai gurls (wah)!!!
Oh, her second outfit is the sexiest thing I've ever seen! :love: I agree with Kirschwasser about the clear bra straps. Don't rely on the outfit staying up by itself, or taping it up (so many heavy-breathing fanboys are bound to sweat the tape up and make it useless *laughs*)

Chi chies?! *laughs* I've never heard that term before... I'll definitely have to make it a permanent word in my vocabulary now. ;)

My sister was Noh this past weekend ^_^
She looks absolutely stunning! *_*

Kirschwasser
06-04-2005, 07:45 PM
So far I've put in 40 hours or so into Okuni. I've been working on it like mad since Sunday. (Today I took a day off since it is my sister's b-day). So far Okuni is coming out really nice. I actually made her hakama skirt perfectly...without a pattern! :thumbsup: I mean, I kind of had directions (in Japanese) to kind of help me, but since I don't know Japanese that well, I was really on my own. But I managed to do it! *Dances* I start styling the wig tommorow & making the hair accessories. After that...the parasol of doom. (There is going to be so much painting involved, it is not even funny).

lestathunt
06-06-2005, 04:24 PM
I have use extensions this year for noh's hair since my hair was cuz short right after ani-magic. I agree that it is easier to use clear bra straps to hold it up for noh's outfit. I didn't do it for ani-magic, but i wasn't really in it that long. I attached the outfit to the bra itself with snaps. I have to do some adjustments for it. I'm not sure yet if i'll use the clear bra straps or not.

Kunoichi Gurl
06-13-2005, 09:57 AM
I think that Ina, the beautiful warrior princess with the bow and arrow from Samurai Warriors: Xtreme Legends would be fun to cosplay as! So would Kunoichi, Oichi, and Okuni!

Kirschwasser
06-13-2005, 09:11 PM
I haven't played Xtreme Legends. Looks interesting, though, especially with all the extras in it. Yeah, Inahime looks awesome. I have yet to see anybody cosplay her. (She looks complicated to make.)

Kunoichi Gurl
06-15-2005, 03:18 PM
You should really play it, its an amazing game with all the xtras. But yeah, Ina does look really hard to make. Her second outfit doesn't look that hard to make.

Melanie
06-15-2005, 08:33 PM
You should really play it, its an amazing game with all the xtras.
It is a lot of fun to see things from Hideyoshi's side. Heh, talk about messed up! :eeek: And Yoshimoto is great! *laughs*

But yeah, Ina does look really hard to make. Her second outfit doesn't look that hard to make.
I think that if you tackled her in pieces, she would be quite interesting to make. I'm trying to find some Japanese websites with cosplay pics of her to inspire you, but all that have promised she's there don't seem to have any photos. :sulk: But I'll keep looking! I never thought I'd see Keiji cosplayers either, but since my search, they've been everywhere!

Oh, Kunoichi Gurl, thanks for the comment on my Ranmaru costume! :D

:dance: I've almost finished Mitsuhide's arm armour! I'll put some pics up of it when I get around to photographing it... instead of swearing at it.

Kirschwasser
06-17-2005, 02:09 PM
I've been finished with Okuni for a few days now. It's so pretty & it's so going to be a pain in the arse when I transport it into the car, all the way across the desert (I live in NM) to Los Angeles, CA. :thumbsup: It's because there are so many darned pieces to her outfit...plus there is her parasol (what a nightmare that was) & the geisha fan to complete it. Now the wig & the accessories? Talk about fragile things. I will be very careful with this costume. But it looks so pretty~! I can't wait to wear it in two weeks & two days. XD That, and I also have to pack four other costumes. It's going to take up so much room in my mother's cute Ford Focus (imagine that, all my stuff in her car, along with my mom's stuff & my sister's stuff for our California vacation. No room!!!)

Oh, is Mitsuhide still being a bastard, Melanie? *laughs* I look foward to seeing the finished result.

Playing as Hideoyoshi? Scary! XD But Yoshimoto? *shudder* Now that is a hentai if I've ever seen one.

Melanie
06-18-2005, 01:04 AM
Found an Ina cosplayer, Kunoichi Gurl! She's at the bottom of this page -
http://nagare-y.boo.jp/photo/04/1031/041031.htm
I love all the work on her helmet! :love:

I will be very careful with this costume. But it looks so pretty~! I can't wait to wear it in two weeks & two days. XD
Good luck with transporting her! I hope she'll arrive safely, and I want to see photos of her when she gets there!!! :bigtu:

That, and I also have to pack four other costumes. It's going to take up so much room in my mother's cute Ford Focus (imagine that, all my stuff in her car, along with my mom's stuff & my sister's stuff for our California vacation. No room!!!)
*laughs at the mental image* How long will the trip take you? It sounds like it's going to be very... interesting. ;)

Oh, is Mitsuhide still being a bastard, Melanie? *laughs*
That's an understatement! I think I hate him. :P But I have finished his arm armour, so I'm hoping with that out of the way, he'll start behaving himself. *shakes fist*
Here's the armour - http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=374313

Playing as Hideoyoshi? Scary! XD But Yoshimoto? *shudder* Now that is a hentai if I've ever seen one.
Aww... poor Yoshimoto! *laughs* He's far too innocent, although he does look like the type! He and Hideyoshi, in my opinion, are the best characters in XL.

I saw a Yoshimoto cosplayer! She was AWESOME!! I didn't think it would be an impressive outfit, but it was stunning in its simplicity. And the facial expressions she pulled for the photos were so funny! XD XD I'll have to see if I can find the link again...

Kirschwasser
06-18-2005, 09:40 PM
There are three photos of a Inahime cosplayer here too: http://gogatunosakura.moo.jp/5gatu4niti.html (By the way, gogatunosakura.moo.jp is my favourite Japanese cosplay site. Their DW, SW, & Beatmania IIDX stuff is awesome.) But the Inahime cosplayer you found has a better outfit. I agree with you, the detail on the helmet is o_O.

*laughs at the mental image* How long will the trip take you? It sounds like it's going to be very... interesting

Yeah, it'll be packed. Usually from where I live to Los Angeles takes about 12 hours. 9 out of 12 hours is in the miserable & broiling hot desert though. :sunny: Thank God for car air conditioning.:heart:

Oh ho ho ho! Starting to hate Mitsuhide, eh? Bad Mistuhide, behave yourself, will you? ^_~ Wow, the arm armour looks awesome! XDDD That is so cool that you have the skills & talent to make armour.

Oooo, I've seen a Yoshimoto cosplayer too, but I couldn't tell if it was a guy or a girl. I forgot the link to the site too, for it has been a while since I last saw it. :thumbsup:

LennethXVII
06-18-2005, 11:17 PM
hee i'm actually thinking of cosplaying as ranmaru...^ ^ melanie's my teacher!=D but it is hard...= =lll hope to get some nice tips from here..=) i cannot resist nouhime's outfit too! so pretty...*__* but her shoes........lllllll

Kunoichi Gurl
06-19-2005, 12:23 PM
ranmaru is cool! good luck on him!

Kunoichi Gurl
06-19-2005, 12:26 PM
hee i'm actually thinking of cosplaying as ranmaru...^ ^ melanie's my teacher!=D but it is hard...= =lll hope to get some nice tips from here..=) i cannot resist nouhime's outfit too! so pretty...*__* but her shoes........lllllll

lol on the noh shoes. yeah they are alittle extreme! O_o I wonder how she balances in em.

LennethXVII
06-19-2005, 12:48 PM
kunoichi>>thanks! i will!=D actually, i do plan on making her shoes...XD well, maybe a little help from my design and technical teacher or my all knowledgeable father will do the trick!XD will you be cos-ing kunoichi?^ ^

SuzukaZakuro
06-19-2005, 07:20 PM
Melanie-Ooo, your Mitsuhide armor turned out nicely. I love it!

Well, I have a question maybe some of you can help me with. I'll be doing Kunoichi's second outfit, and her top around the breasts is kind of silvery. Is that armor, or what? I just can't figure it out. Also, what kind of fabric would look best for that outfit?

Kirschwasser
06-21-2005, 11:37 AM
lol on the noh shoes. yeah they are alittle extreme! O_o I wonder how she balances in em.

Somebody recently cosplayed Nouhime with the actual Tengu shoes! I was so impressed with her costume. (Just go to the gallery, then click Search & type in "Samurai Warriors" and you'll come up with the photos). That is the first time I've seen a Nouhime cosplayer with the correct shoes. I applaud her! ^^

Suzuka - Oh, that's so cool you'll be making her 2nd outfit. Kunoichi is so kawaii. (I love her Japanese VA.) As for the silvery part, I have not a clue if that is armour or just part of the fabric. I imagine her outfit being made out of that stretch PVC vinyl, but I highly doubt that the Japanese used such materials back then. ^_~ (But it does look shiny like the vinyl & I don't imagine making it out of satin.)

SuzukaZakuro
06-21-2005, 11:56 PM
Somebody recently cosplayed Nouhime with the actual Tengu shoes! I was so impressed with her costume. (Just go to the gallery, then click Search & type in "Samurai Warriors" and you'll come up with the photos). That is the first time I've seen a Nouhime cosplayer with the correct shoes. I applaud her! ^^

Suzuka - Oh, that's so cool you'll be making her 2nd outfit. Kunoichi is so kawaii. (I love her Japanese VA.) As for the silvery part, I have not a clue if that is armour or just part of the fabric. I imagine her outfit being made out of that stretch PVC vinyl, but I highly doubt that the Japanese used such materials back then. ^_~ (But it does look shiny like the vinyl & I don't imagine making it out of satin.)

o_O If I wore those Tengu shoes, I'm sure I'd fall flat on my face.

I like her Japanese voice too. The American ones are a little...obnoxious.

Thank you for the advice. I think maybe the silvery part will just have to be part of the fabric, since it looks like that. I didn't think about stretch PVC vinyl, but it's pretty obvious in retrospect. :P Satin might make it look funky if I try to make a shiny silvery part on the breasts.

Melanie
06-22-2005, 05:14 AM
Aww... search is turned off at the moment so I don't get to see the Noh cosplayer! :waaaah:

Yay! I'm so happy to see you here! :D How is Ranmaru going? I cannot say it enough - you're going to look absolutely stunning as him, and I just know you're going to make a gorgeous Noh as well!

o_O If I wore those Tengu shoes, I'm sure I'd fall flat on my face.
Karankoron.com says that they are not as bad as they look to walk in. I think they'd definitely take some practise, but it would so be worth it to wear them simply for the shock value!

I like her Japanese voice too. The American ones are a little...obnoxious.
Aww, I love their English voices! :heart: I've been told their German voices are terrible!

Satin might make it look funky if I try to make a shiny silvery part on the breasts.
The Kunoichi cosplayers I've seen have made the outfit out of vinyl, with what looks like a silver or white vinyl applique on their chest.
But maybe stretch satin might work just as well? Normal satin would just be evil to make something that fitting!

Post 71 (http://forums.cosplay.com/showpost.php?p=857508&postcount=71) has a scan of her alternate outfit, if you needed reference pics for her... unfortunately, its not a very good shot of her top. :sulk:

SuzukaZakuro
06-23-2005, 12:12 AM
Melanie-I don't mind most of the English voices, just the Okuni and Kunoichi ones. :D

Thank you, that referance is great for every thing but the front. It's usually the back that poses problems.

LennethXVII
06-28-2005, 11:00 AM
melanie>>aww thanks! *hugs* i've not started on him yet..i'm bound to get him done next year..T^T all tied down for this year..BLASTED EXAMS!>>;;; so how's mitsuhide coming along, melanie? XD can't wait to see it all done!

Kirschwasser>>wow really?! that i got to see! but yet again...gah the search is currently down at the moment...T^T

TrigunWolf
06-29-2005, 02:35 PM
I've been being the hell out of Samurai Warriors since I got it only 2 months ago. Yeah I know, I've been deprived.

Anyways, I've come to the conclusion that I will be attempting Kenshin Uesugi and/or Shingen Takeda. Because those two are just awesome.

Melanie
06-30-2005, 08:44 PM
Melanie-I don't mind most of the English voices, just the Okuni and Kunoichi ones. :D
*laughs* English-speaking Okuni and Kunoichi should only be taken in very small doses! But, oh god, I could listen to English-speaking Mitsuhide all day long! :love:

Thank you, that referance is great for every thing but the front. It's usually the back that poses problems.
My pleasure! I'm glad I could help.

melanie>>aww thanks! *hugs* i've not started on him yet..i'm bound to get him done next year..T^T all tied down for this year..BLASTED EXAMS!>>;;;
Ooh... maybe by next year we'll have SW2! *wishful thinking* Good luck with your exams! Ranmaru awaits on the other side of them! :)

so how's mitsuhide coming along, melanie? XD can't wait to see it all done!
Aww, thanks! *hug* I'm unpicking his shawl for the fourth time right now. :sulk: But after that, his leg armour is all I have left to do. Yay! Then I have to start work on my brother's Keiji costume.

Anyways, I've come to the conclusion that I will be attempting Kenshin Uesugi and/or Shingen Takeda. Because those two are just awesome.
Ooh! Ooh! Do Shingen!! :jjacks: He looks amazing cosplayed!

http://sencos.sakura.ne.jp/index.html <- is a Japanese search engine dedicated entirely to SW cosplay, and is very inspiring!

LennethXVII
07-02-2005, 06:48 AM
i have a wishful thinking, too!XD XD *prays for SW2 to come out* yes Ranmaru! if there is a SW2, i can't wait to glomp him in his new outfit!XDwow Keiji! good luck!! i hardly see him cosplayed! unpicking is BAD! i hate to do that...zzzzzz.. finish it soon, ok?!;D

starsong_lady
07-05-2005, 04:18 AM
any Samurai Warriors cosplayers going to me at anime atlanta??

SuzukaZakuro
07-07-2005, 11:28 AM
Melanie-English Mitsuhide's voice=hot. You're doing a Keiji too? Awesome! I want to do him, but I'm smaller and a girl. The fact that he shows his chest is a turn off. T_T I'm not too conversant with binding...yet. I'll just stick with Alt Kunoichi.

Melanie
07-07-2005, 08:06 PM
i have a wishful thinking, too!XD XD *prays for SW2 to come out* yes Ranmaru! if there is a SW2, i can't wait to glomp him in his new outfit!XD
Oh! Would that be wonderful? If they do release a SW2, I wonder if the characters would start to look like their Kessen III counterparts? Not that I mind Ranmaru in armour at all! ;)

wow Keiji! good luck!! i hardly see him cosplayed! unpicking is BAD! i hate to do that...zzzzzz.. finish it soon, ok?!;D
All the unpicking is done! *cheers* He's so close to being finished I'm starting to get excited about it! I have to go fabric shopping with my brother today for Keiji... *laughs* He thinks it's awesome he gets to wear pink and be tough. :P

any Samurai Warriors cosplayers going to me at anime atlanta??
I wish... alas, I am over the other side of the world. :waaaah:

Melanie-English Mitsuhide's voice=hot. You're doing a Keiji too? Awesome! I want to do him, but I'm smaller and a girl. The fact that he shows his chest is a turn off. T_T I'm not too conversant with binding...yet. I'll just stick with Alt Kunoichi.
My brother is huge compared to me (he's normal, I'm really short), so our height differences should work really well. :D

*giggles* Don't let anything stop you... I've seen some AWESOME girl Keiji's! :heart:
http://page.freett.com/yuhki25/musou-p22.html
http://reika2004.fc2web.com/040822nagoya.html (There's a Kunoichi in her alternate costume on this page, too :))

SuzukaZakuro
07-08-2005, 10:46 AM
Melanie-Thanks! Those girl Keijis are awesome! *sewardrops* That's the problem. I don't think I'd make a very convincing Keiji. XD I cosplay with my friend, and she's really tall. Yet, I always want to cosplay taller characters than hers or the other way around. *pictures her as Okuni and me as Keiji* Haha.

Thanks for the links. The Alt. Okuni on the second link has me a little worried. I thought her outfit was a one piece dress? (I don't think I can get my cosplay partner MadameSolaris to show her stomach again...she cosplayed DW5 Zhen Ji this year. T_T)

LennethXVII
07-08-2005, 10:20 PM
melanie>>i'm excited too! please finish it FASTER!XD XD keke i think tough guys in pink is cool too! lol i think it'd look just awesome!;D *hugs* gah that i wouldn't know! but if it does, keke i'd do ranmaru's cosplay no matter what!;D *snatches away*=X jk!XD

starsong lady>>i would love to!;__; but i'm 25681124545 miles away from you..T^T

kunoichi looks so different in her alternate costume! but i like it..XD

Ryukka
07-15-2005, 05:01 AM
I want to do Konoichi's second costume, does anyone have any picutres?

Melanie
07-15-2005, 05:37 AM
i'm excited too! please finish it FASTER!XD XD keke i think tough guys in pink is cool too! lol i think it'd look just awesome!;D *hugs*
*sad laugh* You wouldn't believe it... I have to unpick Mitsuhide's shawl again! :waaaah: Keiji's coming along well though! I've almost finished his tunic. Yay! He's a nice distraction from that evil Mitsuhide! *growl*

gah that i wouldn't know! but if it does, keke i'd do ranmaru's cosplay no matter what!;D *snatches away*=X jk!XD
Ranmaru's Kessen III costume would be so brilliant to cosplay!!! Well, Ranmaru could wear anything and he'd still be awesome. :heart:

I want to do Konoichi's second costume, does anyone have any picutres?
Have a look at the first attachment in post #71 (http://forums.cosplay.com/showpost.php?p=857508&postcount=71) of this thread. :)

Kirschwasser
07-15-2005, 12:48 PM
If you want to see some photos of me as Okuni, there is one (silly) photo in my gallery (so far). Also, at acparadise.com, look me up there (as Kirschwasser) and there are two other photos of my Okuni.

Ryukka
07-16-2005, 12:39 PM
Have a look at the first attachment in post #71 (http://forums.cosplay.com/showpost.php?p=857508&postcount=71) of this thread. :)

Awsome, thanks! I don't supose youhave any of the front?

LennethXVII
07-16-2005, 12:51 PM
melanie>>O_____o why?! yeah mitsuhide's evil alright!*bashes*>>;;;; you know..i'm feeling more and more that i'll not be able to cosplay ranmaru nicely.>>;;

Kirsch>>that was a good photo!XD but it doesn't show much of your costume..T^T more?XD

Ryukka>>i'm sure you'll make a great kunoichi! kunoichi's second outfit needs more love!><;;

RANDOM NOTE:a okuni cosplayer won best female at a Singapore event called Cosfest! YAY!XD ooops.>>like i said, random-ness!

Melanie
07-16-2005, 08:29 PM
If you want to see some photos of me as Okuni, there is one (silly) photo in my gallery (so far). Also, at acparadise.com, look me up there (as Kirschwasser) and there are two other photos of my Okuni.
The photos are beautiful! I hope we'll get to see more soon!! Your Okuni looks absolutely fantastic from what I can see of it! :love:

Awsome, thanks! I don't supose youhave any of the front?
Unfortunately, the data book only has one page of each character's second costume *kicks book* Heh, I'm having the opposite problem with Ranmaru's second outfit - I need to see the back!

Anyhoo, here's a link to all the Kunoichi cosplayers listed on the SengokuMusou Cosplay Search Engine. Most will probably have done her first outfit, but it's worth a look -
http://sencos.sakura.ne.jp/ps_search.cgi?act=cat&cat=01-11

melanie>>O_____o why?! yeah mitsuhide's evil alright!*bashes*>>;;;;
Oh, it's those yellow lines on his shawl that are causing all the problems! I've seen on other Mitsuhide cosplayers that they either don't put the lines down his arms, or they do and then the shawl sits strangely... so, I've been trying to build the part of the shawl that goes down his arms onto the sleeves. And the yellow lines are just refusing to meet up at the shoulder seams! :waaaah: But, I spent all day yesterday on them, and I think I've got them as close as I'm ever going to... so now it's time to sew them again. *giggles* All of this for something that's going to be covered up by armour anyway!

you know..i'm feeling more and more that i'll not be able to cosplay ranmaru nicely.>>;;
What?! Seriously, compared with his fellow samurai, it's an easy costume, and you'll look absolutely brilliant as him!! :D

RANDOM NOTE:a okuni cosplayer won best female at a Singapore event called Cosfest! YAY!XD ooops.>>like i said, random-ness!
Oh, that is exciting! More power to SW cosplayers! :dance:

Geostormz
07-18-2005, 01:35 PM
I'm sorry to butt in like but I'm so happy to find other dynasty warrior cosplayer. I regret not being able to go to con outside of TX so that I could see yall costume. I cosplay as Sanada Yukimura alternate form at Akon. Only a couple of people recognize me. Its make me happy that there are other SW cosplayer out there.

Melanie
07-19-2005, 04:46 AM
I'm sorry to butt in like but I'm so happy to find other dynasty warrior cosplayer. I regret not being able to go to con outside of TX so that I could see yall costume. I cosplay as Sanada Yukimura alternate form at Akon. Only a couple of people recognize me. Its make me happy that there are other SW cosplayer out there.

Yay! We're so rare, it's wonderful to see you here - and your Yukimura costume is awesome! :D There's not many alternate Yukimura's around at all!

*sigh* I know what you mean about being recognised. *One* person at Supanova 04 recognised my Ranmaru costume. -_-;; But I think that's all part of what makes SW cosplay so wonderful! :heart:

LennethXVII
07-19-2005, 11:27 AM
melanie>>aww your efforts to perfect this costume is seen, melanie!!;D I'm gonna be soo proud of your work! (lol don't ask me why i'm thinking this way. sounds wierd.>>;;) well, because i've seen so many great ranmarus out there!*winks*XD too little people know about Samurai Warriors! i wish more people can appreciate it..T^T but on a positive side, its more unique that way! *chuckles*XD

TrigunWolf
07-19-2005, 04:49 PM

What What What?!? Yukimura at A-Kon and I didn't see you!? Jeeeez, I better start paying more attention.

But if I can get my Shingen Takeda costume finished in time for A-Kon 17, you have to bring Yukimura again. Shingen and Yukimura are a team, man!

PLUS multiple people dressed up from the same game/anime draws attention and people start asking questions. We could spread the SW love at A-Kon!!! And THAT, my friend, would be good.

Geostormz
07-19-2005, 06:36 PM
Melanie:
Thank you :). Your Ranmaru costume is soo much cooler then my costume. The detail that you have on it is soo cool. I was going to do Yukimura arms grieves like you but I couldn't figure how to do it. You got mad cosplay skillz. :japan:

Tachibana_Miyu:
I see your point, uniques costume are cool. I just wish more people would know SW, its been out for a really long time now.

TrigunWolf
Sweet, you were at Akon. Do you go to cons in houston? I go to all three con in houston.

There are like 20k of people at A-kon you could not possibly have seen all of the cosplayer, especially when the cosplay event were limited.

That's a good idea, I'll try to bring my costume to A-kon17. Don't hold my word for it though, my group is kinda falling apart and I won't know if I'll be able to go until a month before Akon. I just hope more people will know my character at Akon17.

TrigunWolf
07-22-2005, 01:45 PM
I'm actually trying to go to AnimeFest Labor Weekend here in Dallas and then Oni-Con in Houston in October... Too bad I won't have any new costumes to debut though....

Geostormz
07-22-2005, 03:07 PM
Sweet, I'll see you at onicon. Hopefully I can get a table in the artist alley, I'll be in Yukimura costume, or random samurai armor.

TrigunWolf
07-23-2005, 11:12 AM
W00t! Hopefully I'll be able to make it to Oni-con and I'll be on the look out for ya

JRGUARD
07-26-2005, 01:20 PM
awesome costumes melanie! I LOVE Samurai Warriors AND Dynasty Warriors. They are sooooooo much fun! Ive never been to a con so i dont know if there are many ppl who dress up from those games. Id like to be that one girl (i cant member her name) from Samurai Warriors XL......uhh she is one of the new charis. (uses a bow)

Melanie
07-26-2005, 10:13 PM
Melanie:
Thank you :). Your Ranmaru costume is soo much cooler then my costume. The detail that you have on it is soo cool. I was going to do Yukimura arms grieves like you but I couldn't figure how to do it. You got mad cosplay skillz. :japan:
Aww, thank you so much! :heart: Ranmaru was a very rushed costume, so I'm hoping some day to do some major improvements on it.

Hey, your Yukimura costume is awesome! I can't wait to see the photos of you and TrigunWolf together - that will be absolutely brillant!

awesome costumes melanie! I LOVE Samurai Warriors AND Dynasty Warriors. They are sooooooo much fun! Ive never been to a con so i dont know if there are many ppl who dress up from those games. Id like to be that one girl (i cant member her name) from Samurai Warriors XL......uhh she is one of the new charis. (uses a bow)
Thank you, I'm so happy that you like them! :heart:

Part of the fun of doing SW or DW costumes is that there is hardly any chance of running into someone else in the same costume, and the few people that do recognise the characters are completely mad about the games!

Oh, you mean Ina? There's some links to some Ina cosplayers back a little bit in this thread, if you're after inspiration.
http://sencos.sakura.ne.jp/ps_search.cgi?act=cat&cat=01-18 <- the search results for Ina pages on the SengokuMusou Cosplay search engine (Japanese).

JRGUARD
07-27-2005, 08:47 PM
thanks! and ur welcome!

Kimono310
07-30-2005, 03:36 AM
Okedoke, I'm not being a procrastinator anymore! I actually did something! I am crossplaying as Nou-hime! ....lady noh..... I just finished the kimono.... now I just have to add the white ribbon linning stuff and that's done....besides the obi. But I am finishing that tomarrow after work.

There use to be a site that sold the correct Tengu Geta for Nou-hime, but they arent accepting orders anymore. Does ANYONE know of a place that sells the Tengu Geta Sandals? ~looks at Melanie~ (oh, I am also making her claw glove thing outta Wonderflex)

LennethXVII
07-30-2005, 12:35 PM
kimono>>wow! a cross-dress! i'm sure it'll look good! can't really imagine..^ ^

oh! anyone have pictures of ranmaru and mitsuhide?;___; they're hard to find..so far i can only find the ''wallpaper'' ones..>>;;;

JRGUARD
07-30-2005, 06:15 PM
pictures of those kind of video games are hard to find...ive noticed that and its soooo nerve recking!

SuzukaZakuro
07-30-2005, 11:06 PM
Kimono310-That's awesome that you're crossplaying. Can't wait to see the pictures of the finished product.

Reference pics are hard to find, especially of the alternate costumes. *laughs* Oh, and finding PVC vinyl is harder than I thought. I don't want to try and order it off of the Internet. I found this stretchy kind of satin that might work well. Plus, it'll be cooler than PVC vinyl and hold paint better. I have to spray paint the breast parts silver on Kunoichi's top, y'know.

Kirschwasser
08-02-2005, 07:35 PM
It's great to see more people get into SW. Unfortunately, I won't be cosplaying SW anymore. I mean, I love my Okuni cosplay & worked my @ss off on it, but nobody even knows what it is, so...yeah. Besides, there isn't another SW chara I'd like to cosplay anyway.

lestathunt
08-02-2005, 08:22 PM
It's great to see more people get into SW. Unfortunately, I won't be cosplaying SW anymore. I mean, I love my Okuni cosplay & worked my @ss off on it, but nobody even knows what it is, so...yeah. Besides, there isn't another SW chara I'd like to cosplay anyway.

Sorry to hear that. Your costume was awesome; great workmanship and everything. I know how that is, but I've only been making unpopular costumes so that's all I've known. I had a few people recognized me as Noh at AX. It was cool. I swear there was this one photographer that came up to me like 5 different times to take a picture in my same costume. I remembered he had a nice camera. He was nice about it, but later I thought "didn't he just take a few pictures of me an hour ago?". Since I know how the con is now I'm gonna try to bring some stuff to do for the gatherings.

SuzukaZakuro
08-02-2005, 10:26 PM
Kirsch-That's too bad. Your Okuni was awesome. You know, my Zhu Rong was really popular but no one knew who she was. They just liked the costume, or lack thereof. ^_^ Actually, the people who said "Dynasty Warriors?" usually didn't recognize the design from 5. One site even had me listed as Berserker Rikku from FFX-2! I kind of expect to be that way with Kunoichi next year, but I think ninjas in general are appealing.

lestathunt-I noticed many of the same people taking pictures of you in Noh. I'd always move out of the way and look at the photographer and think "Wasn't he/she just here?". You said that you were going to bring Noh back to AX, right? I can't wait.

JRGUARD
08-03-2005, 01:38 PM
I think all of your guys's costumes are amazing. that stinks people dont know to much about DW and SW. Suzuka...i knew you were Zhu Rhong (SP?) by the boomerang but I didnt reconize the outfit. (ive only played DW 5 once)

Melanie
08-03-2005, 07:08 PM
Oh my! So many posts! Yay, Samurai Warriors! :heart:

Does ANYONE know of a place that sells the Tengu Geta Sandals? ~looks at Melanie~ (oh, I am also making her claw glove thing outta Wonderflex)
The only place I can think of that sells tengu geta is Karankoron. http://www.karankoron.com/online_shop_top.html

Good luck with the claw! You'll definitely have to show us progress pics! :D

oh! anyone have pictures of ranmaru and mitsuhide?;___; they're hard to find..so far i can only find the ''wallpaper'' ones..>>;;;
Aww... I'd scan the pages from the Data Book, but it's in a really difficult spot for me to get to at the moment. :waaaah: But honestly, Mitsuhide and Ranmaru's pages aren't that much help - the wallpaper images were very useful, well to me anyway. What parts are you having trouble with? Maybe I can help?

Oh, and finding PVC vinyl is harder than I thought. I don't want to try and order it off of the Internet. I found this stretchy kind of satin that might work well. Plus, it'll be cooler than PVC vinyl and hold paint better. I have to spray paint the breast parts silver on Kunoichi's top, y'know.
If there is a dancewear shop near where you live, try there! I've never seen such an awesome range of PVC vinyl as they have at those places! They might also have some interesting stretch satins to compare it with.

Aww, I'm so sorry to hear that. But I guess if Okuni was the only SW character you wanted to do, then you've succeeded - and with flying colours! Your costume is absolutely gorgeous! :heart:

kkoganei1328
08-03-2005, 07:31 PM

aww.........it is kinda dissapointing when no one appreciates your costumes. Had similar problems this year, sadly everyone recognized my bf's costume, "its sun ce!!!" but not da qiao --;; the only thing appealing about my costume was the giant fans. Big weapons or flashy costumes are usually the way to go if you want more attention though ^_^V

SuzukaZakuro
08-04-2005, 05:01 PM
JR GUARD-Yeah, I think most people only recognized me as Zhu Rong due to the magama wheel. Hehe, I doubt Kunoichi's weapons are as eye-catching as hers.

Melanie-Thank you! *laughs* You're quite the fountain of wisdom!

lestathunt
08-04-2005, 06:48 PM
SuzukaZakuro- you might wanna check out www.denverfabrics.com. They have some dancewear fabrics there among other things.

LennethXVII
08-06-2005, 11:27 AM
melanie>>nah it's ok..^ ^ no need to scan them!=D i just thought i can find out more of them that's all..^ ^ them being my most favourite characters..^3^ but thanks for trying to help!*hugs* I'll PM you again!

Melanie
08-07-2005, 08:33 PM
I doubt Kunoichi's weapons are as eye-catching as hers.
If you make them big enough, they will be! ;)

Melanie-Thank you! *laughs* You're quite the fountain of wisdom!
*giggles* Thanks! I like 'fountain of wisdom' better than 'smart ass'. :p

http://www.glitteranddance.com.au is where I buy my lycra and lamé. I didn't realise they had a website until just now! The Australian dollar is worth nothing, so they're probably quite cheap to the rest of the world.

melanie>>nah it's ok..^ ^ no need to scan them!=D i just thought i can find out more of them that's all..^ ^ but thanks for trying to help!*hugs* I'll PM you again!
I'll reply to your PM as soon as I can. :) In the meantime, I found this site that has the treasure box artbook scans, which might be useful (especially for Mitsuhide's armour) - http://koeiwarriors.simgames.net/sw-artworks.php

Geostormz
08-08-2005, 07:01 PM
Please pardon me for butting in like this but does anyone have a good pattern for making Hitatare and Hakama? The pattern that I found is a bit difficult for me to understand.

Melanie
08-12-2005, 11:15 PM
Please pardon me for butting in like this but does anyone have a good pattern for making Hitatare and Hakama? The pattern that I found is a bit difficult for me to understand.

Perhaps some of these books might have what you're looking for? I have the first one, but unfortunately, my mother has run off with it so I can't check until she gets home and I can yell at her to give it back. :rolleyes:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/087011865X/qid=1123906293/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/102-3278412-7289704?v=glance&s=books

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0713489030/qid=1123906293/sr=1-2/ref=sr_1_2/102-3278412-7289704?v=glance&s=books

Alas, the commercial pattern companies don't make anything like that for us! :sulk: Other than that, all I can suggest is doing an online search for traditional Japanese patterns and see what comes up.

(EDIT: No, the first book doesn't have a pattern for either of them)

Marie
08-15-2005, 06:33 AM
Great books! Thanks. :)

Kirschwasser
08-22-2005, 03:27 PM
Geostormz - It is rather difficult to find a decent hakama pattern...unless you can understand Japanese. Or you can do it my way...make it without a pattern! *Ha ha* But yeah, Okuni's hakama-skirt wasn't that hard to figure out, but pants...that's another story! :thumbsup:

I wish Koei would make another SW. Then maybe I'd actually go back to cosplay SW again! ^^

Melanie
08-22-2005, 05:22 PM
I wish Koei would make another SW. Then maybe I'd actually go back to cosplay SW again! ^^

I just learned yesterday that SW2 has been in development for the past two months... with rumours it will be released in Japan mid-next year! :jjacks:

There will be several new maps, including Sekigahara! And some new generals... there were five names mentioned, but I can only remember Shibata and Tokugawa, and there was the wife of someone famous, too.

I hope this new girl turns out to be a potential cosplay for you, Kirschwasser! :bigtu:

In more SW cosplay news, my Mitsuhide and my brother's Keiji costumes are finished, at long last! Mini Animania is in just under two weeks, so we'll be sure to spread the love for the best game in the universe, and take lots of photos. :)

LennethXVII
08-23-2005, 09:30 AM
whee! now i can't wait to see your mitsuhide and keiji costumes worn!;D

SW2~!! *dances* at long last! i can't wait to see the characters..^ ^

SuzukaZakuro
08-23-2005, 03:49 PM
Melanie-Thanks for the SW news! I always wondered why they didn't have Sekigahara. Now we'll get to play it! *dances* And do take lots of pictures at Minni Animania! *is curious how Keiji came out*

I've been pushing back Kunoichi for some time now. It's vexing. *laughs* I was going to unveil it at Pacific Media Expo, but things came up. *shrugs*

Kirschwasser
08-24-2005, 09:26 AM
Melanie - Thanks for the update! That's so awesome. I am looking foward to seeing what SW2 is going to look like. I hope there are new characters! Even if not, I would like each of the original characters to have new outfits! XD

Melanie
08-26-2005, 08:25 AM
And do take lots of pictures at Minni Animania! *is curious how Keiji came out*
We will! My brother is notorious for taking hundreds of photos at cons... I just have to make sure he's in a few of them this time. ;)
I can't believe how easy Keiji turned out to be! I enjoyed making the costume a lot... except for the wig, which I'd rather forget. For a baldy, that guy sure has a LOT of hair! X_x

I've been pushing back Kunoichi for some time now. It's vexing. *laughs* I was going to unveil it at Pacific Media Expo, but things came up. *shrugs*
Aww, I'm sorry to hear that. :waaaah: Are you still going to go ahead with her for a future con?

Melanie - Thanks for the update! That's so awesome. I am looking foward to seeing what SW2 is going to look like. I hope there are new characters! Even if not, I would like each of the original characters to have new outfits! XD
My pleasure! I'll keep you posted with any new information when I find it. :) To be honest, I'm scared to see the old characters' new outfits! Well, Ranmaru mainly... he's so cute the way he is! I hope they don't ruin him.

Melanie
08-31-2005, 02:07 AM
Alrighty! I have pre-Mini Animania photos... because I'm terrible at keeping secrets! ;)

Mitsuhide - http://www.cosplaylab.com/cosplayers/costumes/details.asp?costumeid=85663

Keiji - http://www.cosplaylab.com/cosplayers/costumes/details.asp?costumeid=96878

Two days to go!! We're driving into the city in costume... although I'm not quite sure how my brother's hair is going to fit in the car. ^_^;;

SuzukaZakuro
08-31-2005, 02:38 PM
Oh, wow Melaine! Those costumes are gorgeous. I wish I could see them in person. As long as your brother isn't driving, he can just lean over. ^^ That's what my Zhen Ji had to do. o_O

As for Kunoichi, I still plan to unveil her at Anime Expo 2006. And my Zhen Ji will be an alternate Okuni.

Kirschwasser
08-31-2005, 03:10 PM
OMG Melanie, those are some badass costumes! You got both of them down so perfect & the two of you really look great as the characters! That is just too awesome! XD

JRGUARD
08-31-2005, 06:37 PM
melanie...super sheek costumes! lmao. awesom job!

Katsuyuki_Shiro
09-01-2005, 09:00 PM
Er.. I have a Samurai Warriors cosplay in the making right now.. but I'm so stumped! I'm doing Mitsuhide but I have no idea how I'm going to make the armor (the arms and legs)! Someone help... TT-TT

LennethXVII
09-02-2005, 01:51 AM
melanie you rock! that's just...too awesome...T^T ranmaru is glad.

=D!

katsuyuki>>melanie should be able to help ya!^ ^ *stares at her awesome pics*XD

Melanie
09-03-2005, 03:11 AM
Aww, thank you everyone! You're all so sweet! :heart:

My brother and I have just returned from Mini Animania - where we won second prize for our group! We were up against a huge Final Fantasy group, so we didn't expect two Samurai Warriors to do any good against them. But second is still good! :D

And my brother won Best Male Costume for Keiji, which was really surprising, considering one person at the entire con knew who we were cosplaying! :dance:

Er.. I have a Samurai Warriors cosplay in the making right now.. but I'm so stumped! I'm doing Mitsuhide but I have no idea how I'm going to make the armor (the arms and legs)! Someone help... TT-TT
My Mitsuhide costume - http://www.cosplaylab.com/cosplayers/costumes/details.asp?costumeid=85663

If you like my work, I'll let you know how I did it; but if you think it's crap, I'll see if I can come up with some other suggestions for him... now that I'm intimately acquainted with his design. ;)

JRGUARD
09-03-2005, 06:07 PM
i lubb your work Melanie! Id luv to noe how you did that costume! ^.^

Katsuyuki_Shiro
09-03-2005, 08:05 PM
My Mitsuhide costume - http://www.cosplaylab.com/cosplayers/costumes/details.asp?costumeid=85663

If you like my work, I'll let you know how I did it; but if you think it's crap, I'll see if I can come up with some other suggestions for him... now that I'm intimately acquainted with his design. ;)

It's really good! O_O the armor looks just like the other Akechi I saw a picture of at Anime Expo. The only parts that I'm stuck on are the arm armour and the leg armour.. What did you use for the arms? o.o;;...

Melanie
09-04-2005, 07:48 AM
i lubb your work Melanie! Id luv to noe how you did that costume! ^.^
Aww, thank you! *squeak*

It's really good! O_O the armor looks just like the other Akechi I saw a picture of at Anime Expo. The only parts that I'm stuck on are the arm armour and the leg armour.. What did you use for the arms? o.o;;...
Well, the most important thing is that all of your armour matches colour, otherwise it will look weird! To do this, I decided I'd have to make the arm plates out of the same lamé I used for the leggings...

Have you ever done any of those folk art multi-layered pictures, where you fold fabric over cardboard and glue it at the back? It looks like crap on the back, but fantastic on the front? Well, hopefully you have, because the technique I used for the armour is basically the same. ^_^;;

I cut the basic shapes I needed out of hard plastic builders' buckets (they've already got a slight curve that works perfectly!), and then stretched the lamé over the piece and hotglued it at the back. The back is going to look a lot worse after you've threaded the ropes through it, so don't worry about making it neat!

You'll also need to cut out borders for some of the the pieces (out of something thinner so that your armour isn't too bulky... I used empty chlorine bottles) and cover them the same way using gold lamé. Then just hotglue them onto the right pieces.

After you've got all of your armour pieces looking smooth and beautiful... I covered the back of each piece with strips of silver duct tape to even out the surface, and then glued a piece of lamé on top of that to hide all my ugly work. ;)

This is a photo of my armour up close - http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=374313
(There's a couple of full-body shots of the costume in my gallery, too.)

The same technique works for the flared tops of his leg armour... only I sewed everything onto them instead of gluing it, because I wanted most of the costume to be machine washable. :bigtu: Oh, and you'll want to use softer plastic for them - otherwise you'll be walking bow-legged all day!

I hope this has helped, or at least, inspired you!

Katsuyuki_Shiro
09-04-2005, 11:55 PM
Aww, thank you! *squeak*

Well, the most important thing is that all of your armour matches colour, otherwise it will look weird! To do this, I decided I'd have to make the arm plates out of the same lamé I used for the leggings...

Have you ever done any of those folk art multi-layered pictures, where you fold fabric over cardboard and glue it at the back? It looks like crap on the back, but fantastic on the front? Well, hopefully you have, because the technique I used for the armour is basically the same. ^_^;;

I cut the basic shapes I needed out of hard plastic builders' buckets (they've already got a slight curve that works perfectly!), and then stretched the lamé over the piece and hotglued it at the back. The back is going to look a lot worse after you've threaded the ropes through it, so don't worry about making it neat!

You'll also need to cut out borders for some of the the pieces (out of something thinner so that your armour isn't too bulky... I used empty chlorine bottles) and cover them the same way using gold lamé. Then just hotglue them onto the right pieces.

After you've got all of your armour pieces looking smooth and beautiful... I covered the back of each piece with strips of silver duct tape to even out the surface, and then glued a piece of lamé on top of that to hide all my ugly work. ;)

This is a photo of my armour up close - http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=374313
(There's a couple of full-body shots of the costume in my gallery, too.)

The same technique works for the flared tops of his leg armour... only I sewed everything onto them instead of gluing it, because I wanted most of the costume to be machine washable. :bigtu: Oh, and you'll want to use softer plastic for them - otherwise you'll be walking bow-legged all day!

I hope this has helped, or at least, inspired you!

I only understood about half of the vocab you used but I think I get the idea... *is an almost first-timer prop maker* Thanks! ^^ I think I've found a way of doing it. If I have any more questions I'll ask again.. ^^;;.. But wow.. o.o;;.. that armour looks amazing up close...

Melanie
09-09-2005, 02:53 AM
I only understood about half of the vocab you used but I think I get the idea... *is an almost first-timer prop maker* Thanks! ^^ I think I've found a way of doing it. If I have any more questions I'll ask again.. ^^;;.. But wow.. o.o;;.. that armour looks amazing up close...

I'm sorry. I'm terrible at explaining things. :dunce:

Thank you for the compliments on my armour! :D If you run into any trouble with your armour, please let me know and I'll do my best to help out.

After my short break between cons, I'll be starting on Yukimura's costume. I'm not sure if I'll do his armour the same way... but if I do, I'll take progress photos this time! One of my friends has decided to go to our next con as Kunoichi, so that's the definite clincher in the argument for Yukimura. ;) I've always wanted a fangirl!

TrigunWolf
09-12-2005, 05:27 PM
Alright guys, I'm doing it. I have two costumes that I want finished for A-Kon '06 and I don't really have to worry about one of them except for the accessory.

THAT MEANS I can focus mainly on my second costume.......

SHINGEN TAKEDA!

I'm gonna try my hardest to get it done and do as good as possible. The only problem I can see right now is his pants which that dragon towards the bottom of them. Oh....and the mask, but I've got practically a whole year to do and re-do if neccessary.

But yeah, figured I'd make that announcement.

Melanie
09-17-2005, 12:47 AM
Ooh! Good luck! I can't wait to see how he turns out!!! :D

Heh, are you up for a trip to Australia? We need a Shingen for our Animania '06 group! ;)

TrigunWolf
09-20-2005, 12:06 PM
Ooh! Good luck! I can't wait to see how he turns out!!! :D

Heh, are you up for a trip to Australia? We need a Shingen for our Animania '06 group! ;)

Hmmm, let me check my wallet.

*watches moths fly out of it*

LOL, I'd love to see Australia, but a plane ticket would be crazy insane!

plus, the whole day ahead of us thing would just throw me off. Leave late sunday and get back to the US on sunday afternoon or something like that. I'd be tripping out.

TrigunWolf
10-10-2005, 04:19 PM
Alright, we can't have the Samurai Warriors thread falling down the list and onto the back pages.

Someone's got to have an update or something, right? Right?

fightstar
10-10-2005, 05:22 PM
Here is to help the Samurai Warriors page not fall to far while actually asking a relevant question. Who is working on a Hanzo out fit? If no one is then does anyone have a like to some decent pics or a book I could buy with acurate sketchs of Hanzo?

Melanie
10-10-2005, 05:29 PM
Alright, we can't have the Samurai Warriors thread falling down the list and onto the back pages.

Someone's got to have an update or something, right? Right?

This is true! :thumbsup: Okay, let's see...

I've started work on Yukimura's armour! It's my first attempt with fibreglassing. He's going to take me a while, but I hope to have him finished by April for Animania. And if all goes according to plan, I should have a Kunoichi to hang off me all day (it's going to look weird because she's MUCH taller than me)

I've been seriously pondering the possibility of attempting Masamune if Yukimura's armour turns out all right, since I'm so short and annoying. ;)

Uhh... and Mitsuhide and Keiji are going to another con in February. :) My brother and I were going to take our DW costumes, but the SW ones are easier to transport - and that includes Keiji's huge pike!

So, how about you, TrigunWolf? How's Shingen going? :)

Here is to help the Samurai Warriors page not fall to far while actually asking a relevant question. Who is working on a Hanzo out fit? If no one is then does anyone have a like to some decent pics or a book I could buy with acurate sketchs of Hanzo?
Ah... somewhere back a few pages ago, I listed the details of the "Sengoku Musou Data Book" - it is a BRILLIANT reference for both the characters' costumes and their weapons! :bigtu:

I don't have the link on me right now, but probably the easiest place to buy the book from is - http://www.yesasia.com
Just do a search for 'Musou' in Books... it's the one with a close-up of Nobunaga's sword on the cover.

TrigunWolf
10-11-2005, 11:35 AM
Right now, Shingen has not started yet.

I'm still trying to finish my other costume first for an Escaflowne group I'm doing.

I hope to get started on Shingen soon though. My problem is gonna be getting fabric that closely resembles his outfit, since America doesn't have a grand selection. Also for some reason, I cannot find a gunpai, Shingen's war fan, anywhere. I wanted to find a blank one and then get the symbols painted on, now I'm thinking I'll just have to make it completely, ughhh...

I so want to have a Kenshin and a Masamune to be in a small group with me, so I've been talking to my friends about it. I think we could get an awesome skit doing a re-enactment of Kawakajaba (or however it's spelt) Oh well...

But yeah, I plan on getting Shingen started by at least November even if my other costume isn't done, just so I won't fall behind.

Melanie
10-12-2005, 04:01 AM
I hope to get started on Shingen soon though. My problem is gonna be getting fabric that closely resembles his outfit, since America doesn't have a grand selection.
Damask - it's usually used for tablecloths. It comes in great colours, has intricate patterns on it, and only looks expensive. It's heavy and extremely easy to sew, and edged with a bit of brocade, it is completely stunning! I used it for both Mitsuhide's and Keiji's costumes, and it worked brilliantly! :love:

Also for some reason, I cannot find a gunpai, Shingen's war fan, anywhere. I wanted to find a blank one and then get the symbols painted on, now I'm thinking I'll just have to make it completely, ughhh...
Ahh... I'm afraid I can't offer any advice there. But luckily, there are always gratuitous shots of the symbols, so it shouldn't be too difficult to design the fan.

I looked Shingen up on the Sengoku Musou Cosplay search... maybe these galleries (in Japanese) will inspire you?
http://sencos.sakura.ne.jp/ps_search.cgi?act=cat&cat=01-07

I so want to have a Kenshin and a Masamune to be in a small group with me, so I've been talking to my friends about it. I think we could get an awesome skit doing a re-enactment of Kawakajaba (or however it's spelt) Oh well...
That would be awesome! Good luck with that!! :D

But yeah, I plan on getting Shingen started by at least November even if my other costume isn't done, just so I won't fall behind.
Definitely keep us posted with your progress! I really can't wait to see how it turns out!

Chosuke
10-15-2005, 12:38 PM
Wow, so many awesome SW costumers.. I'm so cowed xD;;
I made Mitsuhide Akechi in 2004, and man it was a rushjob!
Melanie's armor is so much nicer then mine xD;;
One thing I am proud of is that I found an EXACT match for the fabric!
Though, it photographed really well and I had a hot Okuni ;-;' Unfortunately my Ranmaru did not get her's finished in time.

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=193469

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=193198 here's a picture of my Okuni, and me as Hijikata xD;

There's the one uploaded shot of myself as Mitsuhide, and my friend Karen as Okuni!
Not many people knew who we were unfortunately, so we didn't get much love unless people were simply attracted to the shininess of it all.

The two costumes I would really like to make from SW in the future are Masamune Datte and alternate costume version of Mitsuhide.
Would someone be nice enough to scan them for me? And, does anyone have the scan of Masamune's alternate costume? I haven't seen it yet!

Melanie
10-15-2005, 07:51 PM
I love your photos, Chobrat! I saw them on CosplayLab. :)

Not many people knew who we were unfortunately, so we didn't get much love unless people were simply attracted to the shininess of it all.
I know that feeling! :thumbsup: I got asked if Mitsuhide was from the new Final Fantasy!? Oh well, we're not the ones missing out!

The two costumes I would really like to make from SW in the future are Masamune Datte and alternate costume version of Mitsuhide.
Would someone be nice enough to scan them for me? And, does anyone have the scan of Masamune's alternate costume? I haven't seen it yet!
Ah! I would scan them, but I cannot get to my bookshelf at the moment through all of my junk. Give me a couple of days to clear it out of the way, and I'll get the pages scanned for you. :thumbsup:

In the meantime, I did a search for Masamune (alternate costume) cosplayers, and this was the best one I could find - http://xxx-milky.babymilk.jp/1219senkomi2.jpg

I can't see if she's got the tiger's head on her back though -> that's important! Oh! That costume would be so fun to make! :)

Infinitywulf
11-20-2005, 10:29 PM
*waves at Melanie*
Hey all, you can thank Melanie there for my sudden appearance here, she posted in my suggestions for bald cosplays thread and made me fall in love with the idea of cosplaying Keiji Maeda in his bald costume option. So... Blame her. :thumbsup:

So anyway I am going to be trying my hand at making his costume, and here's my general idea on what I saw in the attached image Melanie was so kind to post for me...

It looks as if I'd need to get the pattern for a split leg hakama and need to find sorta a tye dye/stipple brownish black fabric. As far a I can see he's also wearing a kataginu vest (the pointy shoulders) over his kimono, which both seem to be white... So so far a kamishimo is being worn, with the rather (or so I gather) unstandard two colors between the kataginu and hakama. And then over it all it seems like a jinbaori or a campaign jacket of sorts with an octopus pattern on the back according to Melanie. At least all the other fabric is white, so that should be a breeze to get. The spear is no problem whatsoever as my dad has a full woodshop and used to/still does occasionally do woodwork.

Looking at patterns from Roundearth (http://shop.store.yahoo.com/roundearth/patterns.html) mainly because I saw them reccomended on some martial arts boards I visited and they seem to have some good looking stuff. Not to mention they have every pattern I need right there. Of course if anyone knows patterns for less/free that would be fabulous too. Anyone have any ideas on the fabric? I'd love to go silk, but I don't know that I'll be able to do that for the hakama with it's fabric color, and the simple fact that I'm a college student and I can't blow it off on the price of silk methinks.

Anyways, just wanted to stop by and say hello, as soon as I finish it up, I will of course be posting pictures. :bigtu:

Melanie
11-20-2005, 11:29 PM
*claps* Oh! I am sooooo looking forward to seeing this costume! Wow, you've really studied him! O_O

I checked out the other traditional Asian pattern store I knew of, and their prices are exactly the same as Roundearth's - http://www.folkwear.com/

As for fabrics, if you want to work a bit of silk or satin into it, maybe just make his jacket out of silk, and the rest out of cotton? I think the different textures would look really stunning together! :love:

Infinitywulf
11-20-2005, 11:37 PM
Now that's actually a pretty good idea I hadn't thought of Melanie, and it would make the jacket and octopus stand out marvelously I think. Plus making the rest out of cotton would make it not break my budget.

And as for the studying thing, I'm still a member of the International Thespian Society and was huge into theater since middle school... Since I don't get to act now because of college and such cosplay gets all my acting love channeled into it. Plus it's letting me get back into sewing and makeup which I've always loved but never had a real reason to do for sewing, or an opportunity to do outside theater with the makeup.

And again, thanks ever so much for the ideas and the help. :)

Kimono310
11-21-2005, 09:44 PM
Oh, I havent been on in so long. My Noh Crossplay is returning from hiatus! Next up is the white trim and the obi! Quick question, where can I get tengu geta like Noh has? There's that japanese shoe site, but i don't know if I wanna order from there. Is there any other place or should I just make my own?

BTW, Melanie, I LOVE your Mitsuhide!

Melanie
12-10-2005, 12:27 AM
Since I don't get to act now because of college and such cosplay gets all my acting love channeled into it. Plus it's letting me get back into sewing and makeup which I've always loved but never had a real reason to do for sewing, or an opportunity to do outside theater with the makeup.
Wow! What a great way to express your creativity and love for costume and theatre! That's the best reason for cosplaying I've ever heard! :bigtu:

And again, thanks ever so much for the ideas and the help. :)
My absolute pleasure. :)

Oh, I havent been on in so long. My Noh Crossplay is returning from hiatus! Next up is the white trim and the obi! Quick question, where can I get tengu geta like Noh has? There's that japanese shoe site, but i don't know if I wanna order from there. Is there any other place or should I just make my own?
I can't wait to see how your obi turns out! :love: As for the geta... I think it would probably be cheaper and easier to make your own. It'd be a lot of fun too - and you'll know that the workmanship is perfect!

BTW, Melanie, I LOVE your Mitsuhide!
Thank you very much! :heart:

Ooh! And I have wonderful news! Please find attached some pics of the new Samurai Warriors 2 character designs! :heart: I am totally in love with Mitsuhide's new outfit, and am scrapping everything else I had planned so that I can make it as soon as possible! :D

Noh also looks brilliant! I can't wait to see what they have planned for Keiji and Ranmaru... but their designs haven't been released yet.

Chosuke
12-10-2005, 12:57 PM
Noh also looks brilliant! I can't wait to see what they have planned for Keiji and Ranmaru... but their designs haven't been released yet.

I am just LOVING Masamune's!
I've wanted to make his outfit for ages, but I wanted it to be more then just armor!

Melanie
12-10-2005, 05:50 PM
I am just LOVING Masamune's!
I've wanted to make his outfit for ages, but I wanted it to be more then just armor!

The dragon on his cape looks so beautiful - I'd love to see that done! And you would make an AWESOME Masamune, Chobrat! *_*

I'll post more pics as soon as I can get a hold of some. :)

lestathunt
12-10-2005, 07:50 PM
Who's the girl who looks like she has Nouhime's outfit? I read in an article that she wasn't gonna be in SW2. Me wanna see more pics....wonder if they'll have multiple costumes like before.

Melanie
12-10-2005, 09:37 PM
Who's the girl who looks like she has Nouhime's outfit? I read in an article that she wasn't gonna be in SW2. Me wanna see more pics....wonder if they'll have multiple costumes like before.

The girl on the left of the Oda forces' pic? As far as I know, it's still Noh. :)

I've never heard anything about them taking any of the existing characters out... but I've heard rumours that there will be up to 15 new characters added!

They all look fantastic so far! The same pics of them (only overlapped differently) can be found here -
http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/sengoku2/character.htm

Infinitywulf
12-11-2005, 12:01 AM
Oooh Melanie those look excellent, I can't wait to see what they do with Keiji either now! Might have to do two costumes if they do another bald outfit! =^ )

And thanks, I always thought it was a pretty good reason to enjoy cosplaying too. *laughs*

Melanie
12-20-2005, 05:24 AM
I bring news on Keiji! -> http://k.pic.to/1vn7y
It doesn't look like his costume has changed all that much... he's just put his wig up in a ponytail. :p (Sorry it's such a small pic. :thumbsup: I'll post bigger pics when I find them.)

Gamecity (http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/sengoku2/) have also updated their character page - Mitsunari Ishida is yet another new character... his costume is beautiful! I can definitely see him being cosplayed a lot! :)

TrigunWolf
12-20-2005, 03:04 PM
So when is Samurai Warriors 2 suppose to be out!?

I might put off Shingen Takeda until it comes out to make his new costume......

Melanie
12-20-2005, 05:40 PM
Some sites are saying the Japanese release is February, and others are saying March 2006. But there is no date for an English version... yet.

I hope we'll get some good reference pics before then! :)

Valgaav_Xellos
12-20-2005, 09:00 PM
I bring news on Keiji! -> http://k.pic.to/1vn7y
It doesn't look like his costume has changed all that much... he's just put his wig up in a ponytail. :p (Sorry it's such a small pic. :thumbsup: I'll post bigger pics when I find them.)

Gamecity (http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/sengoku2/) have also updated their character page - Mitsunari Ishida is yet another new character... his costume is beautiful! I can definitely see him being cosplayed a lot! :)

Ishida-sama makes me think of Zhou Yu from DW hehe XDD

...but cuter. @_@ *wants to see people cosplay him* Melanie. You'd do him justice :D

lestathunt
12-21-2005, 06:53 PM
Here's some pictures I found of SW2 that I found a little while ago. enjoy

http://img107.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=cc3_Sengoku_Musou2_F886A.jpg

http://img42.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=50b_Sengoku_Musou2_F886B.jpg

http://img111.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc124&image=73a_Sengoku_Musou2_F886C.jpg

http://img120.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=6be_Sengoku_Musou2_F886D.jpg

Melanie
12-22-2005, 01:03 AM
Ooh! Thank you!!

That's a bigger, more detailed pic of Masamune! I love that dragon on his cape! Chobrat, I really really really hope you'll cosplay him!!! :D

*tears hair out in anticipation* I need more pics of Mitsuhide!! :love:

Chosuke
12-22-2005, 10:52 AM
Ooh! Thank you!!

That's a bigger, more detailed pic of Masamune! I love that dragon on his cape! Chobrat, I really really really hope you'll cosplay him!!! :D

*tears hair out in anticipation* I need more pics of Mitsuhide!! :love:

Damn right I will!
His outfit is alot more interesting now, with more detail on things aside from retardo armor of doom.
After the set of armor I'm doing now, I'll probably start on Masamune's >D

Madmage Luc
12-25-2005, 07:16 AM
Hey everyone , Samurai Warriors 2 is no doubt one of my most anticipated games.

The characters look amazing and I have no doubt we'll see many SW2 fantastic cosplays in the future.

Melanie: I would have guessed you'd do Mitsuhide again ^_^ you have my support since you did an excellent job with his first costume plus being a fellow koei fan as well. :)

I would love to see someone do Tokugawa Ieyasu mainly cause of his new freaky weapon he wields, That would be a sight to see.

As for Isida Mitsunari I was shocked then I saw his pic, he looks incredible.
To put it simply if I did a Sengoku Musou 2 cosplay he'd be the one I'd do. ^_^

Melanie
12-25-2005, 08:29 AM
Damn right I will!
His outfit is alot more interesting now, with more detail on things aside from retardo armor of doom.
After the set of armor I'm doing now, I'll probably start on Masamune's >D
I'll be looking forward to seeing it! :love:

Melanie: I would have guessed you'd do Mitsuhide again ^_^ you have my support since you did an excellent job with his first costume plus being a fellow koei fan as well. :)
Thank you! :heart: His new armour looks amazing... I can't wait to see the rest of it! *laughs* I've already bought the materials, and now I'm playing the waiting game...

But, if Toshiie Maeda is a playable character, and his design is as nice as his Kessen III one, I might just drop Mitsuhide like a hot pie. :p

I would love to see someone do Tokugawa Ieyasu mainly cause of his new freaky weapon he wields, That would be a sight to see.
Come to think of it, I've never seen him cosplayed before! :eek: There have been plenty of Nagamasa's and faceless officers running around, but no Ieyasu's! His helmet would be awesome to make, too!

As for Isida Mitsunari I was shocked then I saw his pic, he looks incredible.
To put it simply if I did a Sengoku Musou 2 cosplay he'd be the one I'd do. ^_^
Do it! Do it! Do it!!! *giggles* No pressure! ;) My brother and I will be doing Keiji and Mitsuhide from 2, of course, AND we also hope to have an Oichi with us! I'm not sure what con this is going to be to, but it is happening - and Mitsunari is very welcome to join us! :D

Madmage Luc
01-06-2006, 06:16 AM
Do it! Do it! Do it!!! *giggles* No pressure! ;) My brother and I will be doing Keiji and Mitsuhide from 2, of course, AND we also hope to have an Oichi with us! I'm not sure what con this is going to be to, but it is happening - and Mitsunari is very welcome to join us! :D

I'd love to !!!! ^_^

Well Mitsunari is my first choice so far but I'm waiting til I see every character before I make that decision.

I'm actually looking foward to seeing what Katsuie Shibata will look like, if he's youthful looking like Mitsunari,Mitsuhide,Nagamasa & Yukimura then I'd choose him mainly because of his history and role during the sengoku period. ^_^

I'm seriously thinking of cosplaying a Samurai Warrior 2 character because I'm going to Manifest this year and I want to go in style. :skidude2:lol
If I wanted to I could start it soon since I have the money for material.
But like I said before I'm waiting til all the characters are shown.

---------------

BTW everyone Theres been a update on the main site., Hideyoshi and his Ninja wife Nene (wife?? maybe missed something in the translation ???? oh well) have been added to the list.

Hideyoshi does certainly stand out this time around, that helmet of his is awesome. ^^

Check it out. http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/sengoku2/

Melanie
01-06-2006, 06:26 AM
I'm actually looking foward to seeing what Katsuie Shibata will look like, if he's youthful looking like Mitsunari,Mitsuhide,Nagamasa & Yukimura then I'd choose him mainly because of his history and role during the sengoku period. ^_^
And you get to be married to Oichi. ;) I've heard LOTS of rumours that Katsuie is going to be a playable character - he should be very interesting! I'd like to hope that he'd be a sexy young thing, but the SW2 team seem to be taking on a lot of their Kessen III versions' looks, so he'd probably end up being a Zhang Fei type character. *sigh*

I'm seriously thinking of cosplaying a Samurai Warrior 2 character because I'm going to Manifest this year and I want to go in style. :skidude2:lol
I'd better save up for Melbourne then! :D I want to see this!! You know I'd be thrilled with whoever you choose to go as... *laughs* I can barely type I'm so excited about another SW cosplayer here! :bigtu:

lestathunt
01-08-2006, 08:12 PM
ooo me so excited. I wonder when I can buy the artbook. I found some images on a message board....too bad they're small.

http://67.18.37.15/1985/113/upload/p8219296.jpg

http://67.18.37.15/1985/113/upload/p8219298.jpg

It looks like someone mislabled something.

And here's some bigger pics of ones melanie posted up before

http://koeiwarriors.simgames.net/images/magazinescans/sw2/sw2-5.jpg

And here's some cover art:

http://koeiwarriors.simgames.net/images/packaging/sw2/sw2packaging.jpg

Just found some more....I can't read japanese so its no help to me. lol
http://img142.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=d54c5_Sengoku_Musou2_F892a.jpg
http://img142.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=11fc2_Sengoku_Musou2_F892b.jpg

Here a ton more that I found on another message board:
http://public.album.enorth.com.cn:8080/03/01/19/3011951_770515.jpg
http://public.album.enorth.com.cn:8080/03/01/19/3011954_672851.jpg
http://public.album.enorth.com.cn:8080/03/01/19/3011959_518527.jpg
http://public.album.enorth.com.cn:8080/03/01/19/3011963_308179.jpg
http://public.album.enorth.com.cn:8080/03/04/00/3040055_190597.jpg
http://public.album.enorth.com.cn:8080/03/04/00/3040065_693973.jpg
http://public.album.enorth.com.cn:8080/03/04/02/3040261_914125.jpg
http://public.album.enorth.com.cn:8080/03/11/17/3111741_971291.jpg
http://public.album.enorth.com.cn:8080/03/11/17/3111759_462705.jpg
http://public.album.enorth.com.cn:8080/03/11/17/3111762_332970.jpg
http://public.album.enorth.com.cn:8080/03/11/17/3111769_870524.jpg
http://public.album.enorth.com.cn:8080/03/11/18/3111861_928930.jpg
http://public.album.enorth.com.cn:8080/03/11/18/3111863_723243.jpg
http://public.album.enorth.com.cn:8080/03/11/18/3111864_971884.jpg
http://public.album.enorth.com.cn:8080/03/11/18/3111866_618549.jpg
http://public.album.enorth.com.cn:8080/03/11/19/3111914_999613.jpg
http://public.album.enorth.com.cn:8080/03/11/19/3111916_390718.jpg
http://public.album.enorth.com.cn:8080/03/11/19/3111918_674421.jpg
http://public.album.enorth.com.cn:8080/03/11/19/3111922_117951.jpg

Someone said that these are just concept artwork.....the real artwork is better from what we've seen in SW and DW artwork.

Enjoy...long post.

Chosuke
01-08-2006, 08:17 PM
Just wondering. Where's the second version of Ranmaru?
He not gonna exist at all.
Very depressing.

lestathunt
01-08-2006, 09:48 PM
More concept art: (not as big as the other ones)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v141/Gween2/3074445_733194.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v141/Gween2/4006509_237157.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v141/Gween2/4016581_184424.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v141/Gween2/4015140_721206.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v141/Gween2/3074420_636743.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v141/Gween2/3111560_563501.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v141/Gween2/3111950_155473.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v141/Gween2/4006474_630284.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v141/Gween2/3068054_968227.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v141/Gween2/3068192_885683.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v141/Gween2/3111927_918771.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v141/Gween2/3121627_673194.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v141/Gween2/4006485_779146.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v141/Gween2/4006465_254317.jpg

Here's a website that has some stuff
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v141/Gween2/4006465_254317.jpg

need more pics.....................meow

Melanie
01-08-2006, 10:03 PM
Ooh! Thank you soooo much for the links, Lestathunt! :D Some of those look like they're from the Treasure Box artbook... which I'm pre-ordering as we speak. ;) They'll probably release a Data Book shortly after the game, so that's definitely one to keep an eye out for as well.

Yay!! Ranmaru's absolutely adorable! *adds to cosplay list*

Chosuke
01-09-2006, 09:38 AM
Ooh! Thank you soooo much for the links, Lestathunt! :D Some of those look like they're from the Treasure Box artbook... which I'm pre-ordering as we speak. ;) They'll probably release a Data Book shortly after the game, so that's definitely one to keep an eye out for as well.

Yay!! Ranmaru's absolutely adorable! *adds to cosplay list*

I'm really tempted to add him to mine too.
I just got an entire book on Japanese war clothing *-*

TrigunWolf
01-10-2006, 12:46 AM
And the pics keep on coming!

http://www.the-magicbox.com/0601/game060108d.shtml

Has nice pictures of some of the characters. Just scroll through each page, even includes the characters in the gameplay

TrigunWolf
01-10-2006, 12:56 AM
http://www.the-magicbox.com/0511/game051127a.shtml

A few more, more gameplay shots and close-ups!

Still no good shot of Shingen Takeda *tear*

Madmage Luc
01-18-2006, 06:45 AM
The Main site had another update last week.

http://download1.gamecity.ne.jp/sengoku2/index.htm

Old characters: Hanzo Hattori and Inahime profiles can now be viewed.

New Characters: Kanetsugu Naoe (Uesugi Clan) is now a playable character.

Kanetsugu Naoe looks awesome , His sword and Magic Cards set him apart from the others. He'd definitely be a excellent choice for a Samurai Warriors 2 cosplay.

And you get to be married to Oichi. I've heard LOTS of rumours that Katsuie is going to be a playable character - he should be very interesting! I'd like to hope that he'd be a sexy young thing, but the SW2 team seem to be taking on a lot of their Kessen III versions' looks, so he'd probably end up being a Zhang Fei type character. *sigh*

Hahaha Yeah it would be nice to see Nagamasa, Oichi and Katsuie on the same stage .... theres bound to be trouble ^^.

But yes I've heard Katsuie Shibata was a Zhang Fei type character in Kessen 3 , if thats the case with SW 2 I won't bother with him.

I'd better save up for Melbourne then! I want to see this!! You know I'd be thrilled with whoever you choose to go as... *laughs* I can barely type I'm so excited about another SW cosplayer here!

Heehee I currently have enough money for the trip but that money is also for the cosplay and I dare say that comes first, besides I don't plan to wear it once I'd probably aim for wearing it at the next Mini Animania in Sept as well as Manifest.

Mitsunari Ishida is still the no1 choice so far. :D

TrigunWolf
01-19-2006, 02:48 AM
Argh! When oh when will I get to see a good shot of Shingen Takeda's new costume! Everyone's new costumes look awesome though!

Melanie
01-19-2006, 06:27 AM
*sigh* I share your pain... I'm waiting for a good shot of Mitsuhide's new costume. Let's hope that he and Shingen are the next two character's Koei lets us see. :)

Asha-Morgan
01-19-2006, 07:27 AM
Must...cosplay...yukimura...oneday...AVCon...perha ps...

Speaking of which...is there any really good pictures of him?

Melanie
01-19-2006, 08:26 AM
Must...cosplay...yukimura...oneday...AVCon...perha ps...

Speaking of which...is there any really good pictures of him?

Which version of him? It's a shame we live so far away from each other!

I'm working on his default SW1 armour as we speak - slowly. It will probably be one of those costumes I never finish though. X_x

SuzukaZakuro
01-20-2006, 05:04 PM
It's settled. I am making Kunoichi's 2nd outfit from SW2 as I type this. I have the patterns that will be modified (not by me, of course. :p) And it will debut at Anime Expo 2006.

So, I was wondering if there are any pictures of this outfit besides the lovely scan Melanie posted a while ago? I think there are some details I'm missing and was wondering if I could get it from a different angle, maybe not one where she'd turned around. :) Thanks in advance.

Melanie
01-20-2006, 05:20 PM
I've been keeping an eye out for pics of Kunoichi for you, Suzuka, but alas... nothing has shown up. Koei really like to hide their alternate costumes, don't they? :(

Madmage Luc
01-20-2006, 07:00 PM
Update!!! http://download1.gamecity.ne.jp/sengoku2/index.htm

Old Characters: Magoichi Saika

New Characters: Ginchiyo Tachibana , Yoshihiro Shimazu

Sorry guys no Shingen or Mitsuhide yet :mad: maybe next week hopefully.

Yoshihiro Shimazu what can I say about him ........ he has a hammer ....... a VERY BIG hammer. :toothy: It'd be very interesting make .... and to hold it. lol

Melanie:You're working on Yukimura! awesome. I really like his armour , his SW2 version is great as well if not a lil more complex. ^^

lestathunt
01-21-2006, 10:33 PM
It's settled. I am making Kunoichi's 2nd outfit from SW2 as I type this. I have the patterns that will be modified (not by me, of course. :p) And it will debut at Anime Expo 2006.

So, I was wondering if there are any pictures of this outfit besides the lovely scan Melanie posted a while ago? I think there are some details I'm missing and was wondering if I could get it from a different angle, maybe not one where she'd turned around. :) Thanks in advance.

Did you mean this picture? http://forums.cosplay.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10290&d=1097379963

TrigunWolf
01-22-2006, 08:17 PM
http://koeiwarriors.simgames.net/sw2-trailers.php

You can DL the SW2 trailer there. Very quick look at Shingen in the beginnin and a better look at Mitsuhide towards the end.

It's a RAR file so you'll need WinRar or something simply. OR just go to YouTube and search Sengoku Musou 2 trailer.

Yup! Trailer looks good. I enjoyed

Asha-Morgan
01-22-2006, 11:58 PM
Which version of him? It's a shame we live so far away from each other!

I'm working on his default SW1 armour as we speak - slowly. It will probably be one of those costumes I never finish though. X_x

Yeah, I was going to do the default one. Hopefully I can make it in time with AVCon, otherwise I won't be there as Yukimura. *sigh* But I shall indeed try.

--
P.S: Mel I PM'ed you...

Melanie
01-23-2006, 01:41 AM
Yoshihiro Shimazu what can I say about him ........ he has a hammer ....... a VERY BIG hammer. :toothy: It'd be very interesting make .... and to hold it. lol
It would be an awesome prop! Make it out of foam, and pretend to struggle to carry it. :bigtu:

Melanie:You're working on Yukimura! awesome. I really like his armour , his SW2 version is great as well if not a lil more complex. ^^
I loved his original armour... until I saw the trailer TrigunWolf linked to. Now I'm all confused! I think I'll stop work on it until I can decide between his 1 and 2 armour. I was aiming to wear it to Animania in September, but this has certainly changed things.

You can DL the SW2 trailer there. Very quick look at Shingen in the beginnin and a better look at Mitsuhide towards the end.
Oh my! Thank you so much for that link! It looks FANTASTIC! Very Kessen-y... Melanie is happy! :D I'll be watching that clip over and over again all night, and tomorrow - fabric shopping!

They've got to give you a better look at Shingen soon! I've pre-ordered the Treasure Box, so if all else fails, I'll scan the pics of him from the artbook for you when it arrives.

Yeah, I was going to do the default one. Hopefully I can make it in time with AVCon, otherwise I won't be there as Yukimura. *sigh* But I shall indeed try.
Good luck with it! :bigtu: I didn't know you were going to AV Con!

P.S: Mel I PM'ed you...
Ah! I'm so bad! I suck at replying to PM's... but I will reply eventually! :thumbsup:

Asha-Morgan
01-23-2006, 06:31 AM
Good luck with it! :bigtu: I didn't know you were going to AV Con!

Oh yeah, Yeah I am going to AVcon this year. I promised someone in adelaide I'd go, so i'm of to go!

BTW, LadyCatt said something about doing a SW group down there. Were you going to do a Oda clan group or something?

EDIT: Which game though? First or second?

Melanie
01-23-2006, 06:51 AM
BTW, LadyCatt said something about doing a SW group down there. Were you going to do a Oda clan group or something?
At the moment, our plans are a little vague... we're pondering the possibility of an Oda group. If it goes ahead, I'll be Mitsuhide, and she'll be Oichi. And hopefully, we can get my brother to put in an appearance as Keiji. We really need a Nobunaga for any hope of a decent skit. :thumbsup:

EDIT: Which game though? First or second?
Well, at first we'd planned SW1, but with SW2 so soon to release... I'm not sure what we're doing any more?!

It also depends if all of us can get the time off work to go to Adelaide...

Heh, what a positive post full of definite answers! O_o;;

TrigunWolf
01-23-2006, 02:35 PM
Hey Melanie, I've been looking for good reference pics of Shingen for my plans to make his original costume, but I can't find any good ones.

You said you had the artbooks on SW right? Could you pretty pretty please scan me something to look at if the book has anything better then him just sitting down in his chair.

I would mucho appreciate it

SuzukaZakuro
01-23-2006, 03:52 PM
Did you mean this picture? http://forums.cosplay.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10290&d=1097379963

Yeah, that's the only one I've got currently.

Melanie
01-24-2006, 05:02 AM
Hey Melanie, I've been looking for good reference pics of Shingen for my plans to make his original costume, but I can't find any good ones.

You said you had the artbooks on SW right? Could you pretty pretty please scan me something to look at if the book has anything better then him just sitting down in his chair.

I would mucho appreciate it

Yay! I am actually useful for something! ;) Please find the artbook pics attached...

lestathunt
01-24-2006, 12:42 PM
Here's a page with a cosplayer in kunoichi's 2nd costume. It might help. Plus other SW cosplaying pics.

http://diesukemisao.fc2web.com/0418toshima2.html

I know one time in the game I got Noh's second costume to appear in the end movie scenes. I don't remember how though.

I found this on gamefaqs.com:
2P Costumes for CPU-controlled Generals
First, get 100% mission completion for all 16 characters (15 standard generals + 1 created general). Now when playing any stage, if you select your character's 2P costume, all computer-controlled playable generals will also be wearing their 2P costumes.
Contributed By: EChang

SuzukaZakuro
01-24-2006, 06:05 PM
Thanks, lestathunt. Her's is a little different than what I imagine, but I think it can be translated differently. :)

Melanie
01-24-2006, 10:03 PM
I know one time in the game I got Noh's second costume to appear in the end movie scenes. I don't remember how though.
I thought you just had to play the last level of the character's second storyline in their second costume, and it automatically put them in that outfit for the end movie?

Ah! SuzukaZakuro, it's a good idea to tape the end movie and pause it on key frames to see Kunoichi's details.

Asha-Morgan
01-25-2006, 02:30 AM
Does anyone have or know of where I can get some pictures of Nagamasa?

TrigunWolf
01-25-2006, 03:48 AM
Thanks for the pictures Melanie

Much obliged

Melanie
01-25-2006, 05:54 AM
Does anyone have or know of where I can get some pictures of Nagamasa?
Okay, but only because I am completely obsessed with the idea of you cosplaying him! :heart:

Go here - http://download1.gamecity.ne.jp/sengoku2/index.htm
Wait for the intro to go away, and then click on the last Japanese link on the left (just above "Shop" and "Product"). He's on that wheel of characters somewhere toward the back...

Or, better still, I took screencaps of the site instead (see attachments). :p

Thanks for the pictures Melanie

Much obliged
My pleasure. I live to give! :rofl:

Asha-Morgan
01-25-2006, 06:55 AM
Okay, but only because I am completely obsessed with the idea of you cosplaying him! :heart:

Heh, if time and money permits, You'll have your Nagamasa.

Thanks for the pictures.

---
BTW, that for AVCon?

Seth
01-31-2006, 04:19 AM
Hmm someone please enlighten me, is it that enjoyable to dress up as a cartoon or game character?

Melanie
01-31-2006, 06:42 AM
Hmm someone please enlighten me, is it that enjoyable to dress up as a cartoon or game character?
Why pick the Samurai Warriors thread to ask this? This is like the slowest moving thread on the entire forum! :p Not to mention this question has nothing to do with SW cosplay specifically. However, since this thread was waaaay down on the page, you must have sought it out for a reason. Are you planning to cosplay a SW character?

In answer to your question - yes, it is very enjoyable! :D For me, personally, dressing as my favourite characters is my way of showing how much of a fan I am. And whilst my friends and family might label me a freak, they should be thankful that I've spent many hours in silence in front of my sewing maching, instead of spending those hours boring them to tears with ramblings about how much I love Samurai Warriors.

I love recreating the costumes from the game... they present me with challenges that I enjoy overcoming. And when I wear my completed costumes, I am proud of my work and proud of my fandom.

Cosplay is an artform - just like painting, only with a different medium. And just like painting, it's a voluntary thing; if we didn't enjoy it, we wouldn't do it... unless there are some masochists around here?

PS: Just to keep this *cough*ON TOPIC*cough* Koei have pushed back the release date of SW2. :bigcry: So, we could be waiting another month to see some of the new character designs.