PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy 7 2!!!! FINAL FANTASY 7 2!!!!!!!!

Pages : [1] 2 3

DJ(SiC)ness
11-17-2002, 04:28 PM
OMG OMG OMG!

*runs around in circles

square has finaly gotten a hint

i got this from Final Fantasy Worlds Apart:

FF7 is getting a sequel?

Big news from Japan. In the upcoming issue of Famitsu, Japans biggest gaming magazine, the producer of the Final Fantasy series, Yoshinori Kitase, said that there is a possibility that FF7 may be getting a sequel.

According to a Japanese website Quiter, Kitase said in an interview for the magazine that he'd like to see a sequel for Squares biggest hit to date; FF7. And he's not the only one. Thousands of fans of the series, as well as Squares workers, including character designer Tetsua Nomura, have expressed their approval for the idea. Tetsua Nomura is known as the character designer of FF7 and FF8, and the more recently for his debut as the director for Kingdom Hearts, the game that Square developed in collaboration with Disney.

Because of the large fanbase, Kitase said that they don't want to make a bad game which would disappoint fans. But no plans or further schedules have been made yet. However if FFX-2 becomes a success, it might raise pressure for Square to make more sequels to their earlier games.

OMG!!

everyone go out a buy FFX-2!!
WE MUST SHOW SQUARE WE WANT THIS!!!

Mei Lan Chang
11-17-2002, 04:38 PM
Eeee.....-doesn't get hopes up-

It sounds too good to be true.

O_O....>_<.....>_O.......^_^

psythe
11-17-2002, 04:53 PM
Totally to good to be true....

but how cool would that be!

Michi
11-17-2002, 05:30 PM
I swear to god if it's Aerith being revived for an Aerith/Cloud love story I'll smack them.

Isn't that kinda ruining what Final Fantasy is? Both FFX-2 and FFVII-2? We can speculate what we want about what happens next or of any side stories, why ruin it like that..? *shakes fist*

psythe
11-17-2002, 05:42 PM
You have a point Michi...

Sephy is gone, Aeris coming back would be kinda odd, although there are those rumors that say she was supposed to, Square just never finished....

7 is fine just as it is, now Im wondering if it should even be continued ^^v

Sephy-Girl
11-17-2002, 06:08 PM
This all sounds too good to be true... I can't even think of what the story line would be like on FFVII 2. If it IS true, that is SO COOL!!!! Omigosh, I SERIOUSLY hope it's true.

Alaria
11-17-2002, 06:09 PM
Ara, i think they should redo FFVII with PS2 graphics, but keep the same style, same summon sequences, etc (I still think FFVII has the best summon sequences) and complete the things they had to leave out, ie second ending, talking to Aeris' ghost in the church, etc. I don't think a sequel could do such a great game justice

Bell-chan
11-17-2002, 06:15 PM
OH yeah, Alaria... that's a good idea ^_^. I'd buy the new version if they made it XD. I also believe a sequel would not do the game justice..

Recca-kun
11-17-2002, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by Michi
I swear to god if it's Aerith being revived for an Aerith/Cloud love story I'll smack them.

Isn't that kinda ruining what Final Fantasy is? Both FFX-2 and FFVII-2? We can speculate what we want about what happens next or of any side stories, why ruin it like that..? *shakes fist*

Doesn't make sense to have a sequel to a Final Fantasy, does it? Guess Square needs the money so they're milking the cash cows... ;)

Yggdrasil Pie
11-17-2002, 07:28 PM
...I'm not sure if this is good news or bad new...^^;

What if Aerith does comes back, but in really skimpy clothes and a gun? ^^;;

Chosuke
11-17-2002, 07:36 PM
I didn't really like VII -cringe,wards of flames-
So it doesn't really matter to me.. unless it turns out that Rufus survived the explosion and is ALIVE AND KICKING CLOUDS ASS with Tseng of course.
For all you AOL users you might see how I wish the sequel to turn out by searching for member profile of>: Shinra forever
An old sn I have and taking a peek.

Squall-chan
11-17-2002, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by WaterEmperess
...I'm not sure if this is good news or bad new...^^;

What if Aerith does comes back, but in really skimpy clothes and a gun? ^^;;

Man, if that happens to Aeris I'm gonna shot someone...I know there's no loophole to put her in skimpy clothes...and her coming back wouldn't be true to the final fantasy themes...I agree with Alaria, it would be kewl if they just remade it with better graphics and such.

DJ(SiC)ness
11-17-2002, 08:08 PM
im not sure what to think

if they made a sequel, i doubt they would bring Aeris back, square isn't that dumb..are they? But like the article says square fears the same thing we do, they don't want to reuine it.

I would love to see a remake for PS2.

Jinx
11-17-2002, 09:52 PM
Oh, fantastic! Imagine your fave chars in 7 looking as they would in 10...?

Sami
11-17-2002, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Recca-kun
Doesn't make sense to have a sequel to a Final Fantasy, does it? Guess Square needs the money so they're milking the cash cows... ;)

Haha, my thoughts exactly. ^___^ (Maybe they're trying to make up for their losses with that Spirits Within movie that flopped..)

Insane Rei
11-17-2002, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Jinx
Oh, fantastic! Imagine your fave chars in 7 looking as they would in 10...?

THat would be SOO cool! ^_^
I'd LOVE to see FF7 characters looking all nice and not big block characters like in the priginal game.
*thinking of how Cloud would look in a remake*
Actually that is the only reason I like Kingdom Hearts, the fact that Cloud is in it! ^_^

Oshi
11-17-2002, 11:14 PM
I don't want a sequel... I just want both VII and VIII remade with new graphics and voiceovers... ^^;;

Sirami
11-18-2002, 01:31 AM
I would buy a remade FFIV for the PS2. I would definatly buy it! Um, but what if they try to do voice acting? Wouldn't it ruin it for you if they couldn't find a good lead voice acter for cloud? A Tidus souding cloud? Also, it might not matter who does the voice acting. Some of the lines would sound... well... cheezy, for lack of better words, when spoken out loud.

On the flip side, wouldn't it seem really wierd to have FFX looking characters, with no voices? That's kind of what turned me off about FFVIII. The characters looked like they should have voices, because of how real they looked, but we never got to hear them.

Oh yah, and I think that a sequal would be a terrible idea. Everything is finished. Let it stay finished.

Recca-kun
11-18-2002, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by Sami
Haha, my thoughts exactly. ^___^ (Maybe they're trying to make up for their losses with that Spirits Within movie that flopped..)
And they did lose a lot of money, and sequels are guaranteed money even if it goes against the whole point of the series...

;)

Alaria
11-18-2002, 02:30 AM
yah, I agree completely with the sequels idea....Disney's rubbed off on them O_o
In terms of voices, I've always liked it without because then u could imagine whatever voice u wanted for them

psythe
11-18-2002, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by Oshi
I don't want a sequel... I just want both VII and VIII remade with new graphics and voiceovers... ^^;;

Amen Brother Oshi!!!

Deathscythe
11-18-2002, 10:23 AM
I think its a bad idea because the game ended on such a great note. Plus, all of the key players in the storyline were killed(i.e. Rufus, his dad, Sephiroth, Tseng etc.).

Now the only this can be done is if they use the Red XIII ending clip where it shows him 500 years later with his children. Why? Because remember, how all of Midgard was covered in trees? Well, that means Avalanche continued on their quest to take down Shinra. There were Mako reactors all over the world in FF7.

I'd take it that would be the premise for the storyline to the fabled(it could happen, and maybe not) FF7 sequel.

Insane Rei
11-18-2002, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Oshi

voiceovers? I liked it better when they weren’t speaking and it was left to your imagination what their voices sounded like.
or at least, if they HAVE to talk, I want there to be an option to have the original Japanese voices with English subs cuz I HATED the English dub! Have you ever heard Tidus Japanese voice? SOOO much better than his English voice! Not to mention, it was originally made for Japanese, so their mouths might actually match the speech if they just left it in Japanese. (or at least gave you an option to hear ether Japanese or English)

Rosiel
11-18-2002, 11:53 AM
> Well, that means Avalanche continued on their quest to take down Shinra. There were Mako reactors all over the world in FF7.

In my opinion the ending of FFVII is why there will never be a VII-2. The fact that the city is dead and completely taken over by vegetation and all you see are animals -no humans-... says to me that Holy saved the planet by doing what was discussed earlier in the game, that is removing all that hurt her, /including/ humanity which polluted and exploited her.

IMO there are no more people left alive after Holy hit, they are all in the lifestream. Hence if you want a sequel, it has to be Red XIII and its descendants, or other animals, as heroes. Which probably wouldn't sell.

Deathscythe
11-18-2002, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Rosiel
> Well, that means Avalanche continued on their quest to take down Shinra. There were Mako reactors all over the world in FF7.

In my opinion the ending of FFVII is why there will never be a VII-2. The fact that the city is dead and completely taken over by vegetation and all you see are animals -no humans-... says to me that Holy saved the planet by doing what was discussed earlier in the game, that is removing all that hurt her, /including/ humanity which polluted and exploited her.

IMO there are no more people left alive after Holy hit, they are all in the lifestream. Hence if you want a sequel, it has to be Red XIII and its descendants, or other animals, as heroes. Which probably wouldn't sell.

Well, that was what I was gonna say but I had to get off the comp for a while.

Indeed it wouldn't sell with just Red XIII running around with young Simba.

Studmaster
11-18-2002, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Rosiel
There were Mako reactors all over the world in FF7.

But of course that is all left up to interpretation, because all you see is a picture of Aeris, and credits. There is no evidence (and I still think this after 5 years) that humans no longer existed, and 500 years is more than enough time for humans to kill themselves in so many ways that it's not funny. And Midgar really doesn't count IMO, because who would want to rebuild something that has caused so much pain and suffering in that world to begin with? They would just leave that city abandoned to let.

As for Shinra....It's dead, finished. Remember after the final major battle in Disc 2, Barret comments on Shinra being finished as they are figuring out what to do about Meteor after that. So take that as you will.

SquaresDarkNite
11-18-2002, 12:55 PM
While theyre at it, would they mind giving us FFVI-2?

Rosiel
11-18-2002, 12:58 PM
> While theyre at it, would they mind giving us FFVI-2?

Now THAT I would like to see!

A sequel to my favorite game of all time which also featured no closure AT ALL... (possibilities are endless!) and maybe we'd finally get to see a CG of more than Locke's BACK.

SohjiroX
11-18-2002, 03:21 PM
If this goes off, FF7 party at my place. everyone comes....but only if this goes off with a bang of it is really happening.

Recca-kun
11-18-2002, 03:52 PM
More than likely an FF7 "sequel" would be a side or parallel story if they actually do it. Like an alternate reality where Cloud or Barrett buy an island and invite the girls to play volleyball - oh wait, didn't someone use an idea like that? ;)

MordSith
11-18-2002, 04:05 PM
rpgamer.com said the same thing and they're a very credible site. i DON'T think this sequel thing is a good thing, tho! gosh. ruins the old games.

DJ(SiC)ness
11-18-2002, 05:09 PM
well im all for a remake, im not sure about the sequel thou, and for the record i thought FF7 ending was a piece of shit. If they did make a new one odds are it would have something to do with another Sephiroth walking around, and im not sure how they would pull that off (another clone?) I would like to see a game based around Sephiroth, you know before he went crazy. Kinda like a prequel.

I don't know, but odds are if they remade FF7 they would keep the voices from Kingdom Hearts. I liked the voices i thought they were done well, i can't say that about Lance Bass and Sephiroth becuase i haven't heard much of it. If anyone has a audio file of sephiroth please post it.

SleepingKirby
11-18-2002, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Alaria
Ara, i think they should redo FFVII with PS2 graphics, but keep the same style, same summon sequences, etc (I still think FFVII has the best summon sequences) and complete the things they had to leave out, ie second ending, talking to Aeris' ghost in the church, etc. I don't think a sequel could do such a great game justice

Two things. Knights of the Round and Fast forward button. It's cool and all but I don't want to see it every time...

KaineMaxwell
11-18-2002, 08:16 PM
Wow...very cool! perhaps this sequel would bridge the gap between FF7 and the "500 yrs later" part of the ending.

Gothic_Lulu
11-18-2002, 08:27 PM
*RUNS*

NO!!!!! God no....>.<......I can only imagine how they could screw this up...

-Gothic Lulu:devil:

Alaria
11-18-2002, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by SleepingKirby
Two things. Knights of the Round and Fast forward button. It's cool and all but I don't want to see it every time...

:::chuckles::: I know the feeling! Although I love it, when u cast it over and over, oy....but then again, I didn't use it too often, so it wasn't that bad

Tifa
11-18-2002, 11:04 PM
>.o Never seen Knight of the Round... Grrr... >< I don't even remember the ending. It's been so long since my sister beat the game, and neither of us have been able to get past one minute in the final boss fight with Sephiroth...then again, I've only tried once.. *is inspired to play from her old FF7 game this weekend..*

Adella
11-18-2002, 11:12 PM
If they did have a Sequel, I would want the ingame Graphics to look like THIS

http://tifalockheart.com/images/ingame/run2.jpg

http://tifalockheart.com/images/ingame/run.jpg

This is how I would want the characters to look. I hate the way FF8 and FF10 look all realistic. I think it's very ugly. I love FF7's anime-esque yet 3D appearance. It was beautiful and if the In game graphics looked the way they do in FMVs (they surely have the technology just look at kingdom hearts) then I will buy it. Also.. no CloudxAeris stuff. I want happy baby making with Cloud and Tifa. Also... no "revive Aeris" quests. I think that would be very lame.

If they decided to do something like the Yuna FFX-2.. then I'd want FF7-2 to be about Tifa ;)

Tifa
11-18-2002, 11:17 PM
Heh, good ideas you've got. Yeah, I think the cgs in FF7 are a lot "cuter" and unique. The realistic look is really cool, but I'd prefer FF7 to remain as the same character designs (like Yuna, who I can barely tell the resemblance [I'm killing myself with spelling problems now] in some pictures).

Broken_Wings
11-18-2002, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by psyth3
Amen Brother Oshi!!!

I like the idea about remakes. I like the storylines as they are, but the graphics would look better (imho) if they were more fluid, kinda like FFX. I think the voiceovers would be a good change from no voices, because I've always wondered what the characters would sound like. If I wanted to use my imagination, I could always just pop in the older version and let my own version of Sephiroth cackle away.

Maybe we should start some kinda petition or something about our ideas! Well... I'm not sure if the company would take us seriously or listen to us at first, but theres always a chance that they could if we got more support. And we're the ones who buy the games and the systems and spend so many hours of our lives that we can never regain playing 'em over and over and over and over again. What do y'all think?

Tifa
11-18-2002, 11:48 PM
Sounds like a fun idea to model an ideal game based off of all our opinions, although I can already see a lot of debate between the different ideas we have... I'm all for four-player battle (so I don't hafta go through so much argument with myself for who I'm going to use). If not, then I'd really like Cloud being in your party as a option, like in FFX. I also like being able to switch characters back and forth during battle. Of course, materia is a must-keep.

Alaria
11-19-2002, 03:07 AM
I agree about the Cloud as optional party member O_o it made it more difficult to level everyone equally. Although I must say I did like the sources you could collect!
Broken wings: lol, there have been petitions, with thousands of sigs, that have been sent to Square. I really don't know why they don't act upon the volition of so many. As for the graphics, I agree that they should be more fluid, and perhaps sharper, but they should definetely keep their 3-D, anime look. It's what made their appearance so unique

Broken_Wings
11-19-2002, 01:50 PM
* nods * But if we could find the right information to where we could contact all the important people, we could all write letters/e-mail/build websites/send signatures, whatever, with our ideas. Everybody's gonna have different ideas of their perfect game, and that way, it wouldn't be so hard for everyone's opinion to be heard. I don't expect everyone to ever agree on how the game should be! But maybe, just maybe, if we tried hard enough, a few different ideas would pop up in the game, ne?

Sion
11-19-2002, 02:39 PM
Personally I hate this whole sequal thing, but if they were to do it I wish they had done it earlier.

Lately Squares games have been.. well.. If you like Disney thats fine... but holy crap! DISNEY!?!?! *sigh* When I heard about Kingdom Hearts all I could say was "Please Square! Say it isn't so!" But it happened, and it frightens me, and I don't even want to look at it.

Since FFX-2 is a definete go, I can use that as an example too. I mean when I see Yuna she was this nice innocent looking girl who wished to make the world a better place and everything like that, but now she's wearing booty shorts and weilding dual handguns? OMG kill me pleeease. And Rikku got totally skankified x_x;

From that I can tell that Square is taking a bad turn in its gaming, which is sad because they're the best game company there is, and I hope they get back on the course they were originally on.

So if this FFVII-2 does happen, I hope it turns out like one of their older games, before the curse of Disney attacked them, because I sure as hell would hate seeing *quote from another MB* Cloud hearing of Aeris still being alive and going to find her in his new booty shorts and dual handguns, while teaming up with Donald Duck and Goofy. Whippee wouldn't that be a fantastic game!!!!

Excuse me while I go throw up.

Eriku-san

DJ(SiC)ness
11-19-2002, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Sion
Personally I hate this whole sequal thing, but if they were to do it I wish they had done it earlier.

Lately Squares games have been.. well.. If you like Disney thats fine... but holy crap! DISNEY!?!?! *sigh* When I heard about Kingdom Hearts all I could say was "Please Square! Say it isn't so!" But it happened, and it frightens me, and I don't even want to look at it.

From that I can tell that Square is taking a bad turn in its gaming, which is sad because they're the best game company there is, and I hope they get back on the course they were originally on.
Eriku-san

this is funny

coming from a person with a Bouncer avatar

Well from what i know this is how FF games are made...
there are 2 development teams, there are always 2 FF games being made at a time, this is how they get them out so fast. The ones that worked on 7 did 9 and the ones who did 8 did 10. This is true, im not making this up, square said it before 10 came out. So if you play the games you can notice the similarities between 7 and 9 and 8 and 10.

so maybe its the teams , not square

Deathscythe
11-19-2002, 08:41 PM
I think FF7 should just be left alone altogether. The game was just too Goddamn good. Some things are just best left alone. Just look at Cowboy Bebop. The series ended on a great note and after that it was left untouched. It was just too good of a story to give it a sequel. Hell, even a prequel wouldn't be good for it. Why? Because I DON'T want to know what happened before the events of a storyline. I like to keep it nice and hypothetical. I mean, look at Star Wars. The past 2 prequels have sucked major booty. Every Star Wars fan has been left disappointed. I've lost faith in Star Wars. I don't care if it answers questions.

If you consider your work a masterpiece, it's just impossible to improve upon it because you threw everything you wanted into the work that you wanted to be critically acclaimed by the world.

Sakura
11-19-2002, 08:45 PM
I just want Aeris back ;_; I loved her lots...

Yggdrasil Pie
11-19-2002, 08:59 PM
Aww....yes...I want Aeris back too... T_T

Sion
11-19-2002, 10:00 PM
Hmm well if the 7 and 9, and 8 and 10 thing is true, it makes very much sense, considering how 7 and 9 seemed more animeish in some ways and 8 and 10 were more realistic.

And yeah I know Bouncer was like... a different style of thing for Square, but I loved it so =P I'm just against FF sequals and Kingdom Hearts ><

Well that explains why I liked 7 and 9 much better then 8 and 10 lol.

Eriku-san

Tifa
11-19-2002, 10:22 PM
*gags* Aeris back? Scary. Anyway, I agree that Kingdom Hearts and FFX-2 scare me, but I wouldn't mind FF sequels if they did a better job on it than what they're doing currently (with the FFX sequel and KH). =--= If only you could kill the Disney characters in some way...

Sion
11-19-2002, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Tifa
If only you could kill the Disney characters in some way...

You and I think exactly the same. LOL!

Eriku-san

Tifa
11-19-2002, 10:35 PM
Joy. Except, I hated Bouncer XP

Sion
11-19-2002, 10:38 PM
*Gasp* I know it was short, and Volt was retarded, and the enemies were 20x weaker then you, but it had heart I tell you! HEART! =P

Eriku-san

Tifa
11-19-2002, 10:41 PM
SURE IT DID, but I haven't a heart in my soul. Mwahahahahaha...

Sion
11-19-2002, 10:43 PM
Hey! Well atleast its better then Kingdom Hearts =P

Eriku-san

Tifa
11-19-2002, 10:49 PM
Actually, I disagree. I hated Bouncer that much...it's my least favorite game that I've played, come to think of it. Oh, well Half-Life, or whatever it was called, sucked more, but I never actually played it myself..

Sion
11-19-2002, 10:51 PM
Ohhhh man, you mean you would take Goofy over Sion Barzahd?

I'm sorry, but we shall never talk again. LOL j/k.

Eriku-san

Tifa
11-19-2002, 11:00 PM
Noooo... =--= Well, almost... But I'm saying I prefer a game with FF characters in it over than a stupidly plotted fighting game that barely makes any sense (although I'll admit SOME of the fighting areas were okay) =p

Adella
11-19-2002, 11:23 PM
Kingdom Hearts so far is fun. o.o Goofy woops everyone's butt.

Tifa
11-19-2002, 11:29 PM
=--= I've only played a few parts of it, but I still dun like the Disney characters. Plus, I'm really bad at the style of fighting ><

Alaria
11-20-2002, 02:35 AM
You get used to it after awhile. In some parts, though, the camera angle is really funky! And I guess the only Disney characters that got on my nerves were Minney and Daisie, but I dunno, I kinda like the trio :) And Donald saves ur bum with heal spells while ur fighting!
I'm hoping the sequel has more square than disney though. It looks alot darker, too, mwahaha :)

Tifa
11-20-2002, 03:39 PM
In my friend's game, Donald and Goofy always do stupid things during battle....

Choice
11-20-2002, 04:37 PM
i dont think this a good idea, the final fantasy worlds are almost so similar that the only thing the seperates them are the characters. and who wants to rehash characters from a prior series? whatever is was that made them tick was already done....and whatever new you make up for could easily be put in a new character.

DJ(SiC)ness
11-20-2002, 05:07 PM
have you ever played kingdom hearts?

i mean i hate disney, i acually refused to go to florida once becuase they were going to disney world, and i ended up staying with my grandma(egg). But i still gave KH a shoot, and it was one of the best games i had ever played, and i have a new found respect for Disney. Now i don't know about the FFX-2, i have no clue why they decided to make a sequel to 10 anyways, i mean it was good but there are betters.

Tifa
11-20-2002, 06:47 PM
*blinks* Wow, now that I've thought about it, I've only been to Disney World once, I believe. That was, like, when I was really young...and stupid...I was swimming there, and the pool was circular and sloped so that as you progressed towards the middle, it gets deeper; and I kept going towards the middle to see how far I could go, and I almost drowned, but then my sister saved me. Wow, I was incredibly stupid back then... I know, I know; I'm getting off subject.. =--=

Ohmi
11-21-2002, 08:12 PM
My totally biased opinion is that the Final Fantasy tradition should be upheld and they should not make direct sequels to any one of the FF games. I think I'd be more impressed if they went back and did a remake of FF IV or FF VI.. ^^; (my favorites) I've actually considered trying to model some of the old characters in 3D.. it'd be tough though seeing as how sketchy Amano's art is.

Lord Masamune
11-21-2002, 08:18 PM
Squaresoft had been planning to remake FF7, 8, and 9 for PS2 around the release of FFX, but with the severe financial hit they took from the FF Movie, they shelved all of the projects. I e-mailed Squaresoft about the possibility of them pulling the FF7 remake back off of the shelf, but they said it was on 'indefinite hiatus'.

Since then I've signed numerous online Petitions to get the Remake made... and still no sign. Now a Sequel?!? I'm really hoping they realise that a remake would be embraced better by the public then a sequel. Let's hope they come to their senses, finish the remake, THEN they can talk about a sequel...

DJ(SiC)ness
11-21-2002, 08:44 PM
yeah

i just can't figure out why they would make a new 10 game

i know i know all us FF fans have our favs, i liked 10 but i don't think they should of made a 10 sequel, well not as fast as they did.

i can hear the backlash..."FFX was the best!"...well no it wasen't alot of people forget about the post 7 games..but to be honest i don't like them that much...well except 6. Hell and you know what...I thought FF8 was the worse pile of shit ever...but hey thats my opinion. dosen't mean they should not remake it for the millions of people who did enjoy it (it and its "being made up as it goes along" plot) ALot of people didn't like 7 ...but im being honest and saying those numbers are few compared to 8's. Now don't post saying that "hey you know what i hated 7! 8 rocks!! GO SQUALL!" Becuase i bet you do, and i don't care.

AGAIN MY OPINION!!! IM NOT BASHING ANYONE!!!

What game sequels they are going to make is up to square and them alone. We have learned from the past that gaming companies don't care what us fans think ( the whole Game Cube Zelda thing) But you never know...one day it might! SO keep signing those pentions.

Kamui Motoaki
11-22-2002, 01:16 PM
*victory dance*
LONG LIVE CLOUD STRIFE!!!!!
^_^

Chosuke
11-22-2002, 01:33 PM
FFX was okay.
Definitely NOT my fav though.. I would have to say tactics and 3/6 were my fav.
And I really liked KH too.. alot better then I liked VII <.<
I dont care for any sequel ideas though.

Alaria
11-22-2002, 03:02 PM
Ooo, if they remade FF6 with PS2 graphics.....

Yui
11-26-2002, 02:53 AM
Ah, yes. The petitions I have seen are neither well organized nor worded. No matter if there are signatures, the 'demands' are amateur-ish, illogical, impossible, paradoxical or vague. What Squaresoft needs is a well-educated, researched statement, not a bunch of people shouting hypocritically at them. Otherwise, they're going to go with their sales figures, notice the number of cosplayers and fan pages on the internet, and know that such decisions for remakes -will- sell, no matter if some people complain. I hope that one day their public relations in this country rises to the Working Designs level...but they may be too big already to save themselves.

Also, FFX just came out...did it warrent remaking quite so soon? And FF7 had one of the best endings because it -was- ambigious and made the player use their own imgination to complete it, instead of just having multiple, more-straightforward epilogues. In my mind, humanity was wiped out: they create their god, kill their god, and then they too themselves must accept their fate. FF7 was not just about life, but evolution and survival of the fittest. But I appreciate that one who doesn't want such a bleak and overly-powerful moral -can- reasonably imagine that the humans survived and saved their world just in time. It can be seen either way, and neither is "right." A sequel, or even a remake - while I would be supportive of - I'd fear would dangerously encroach upon this choice of belief in the name of expansion.

There is much on my own wishlist to Square that will likely never occur...for starters, they gotta get on the ball with the Vagrant Story trilogy or the next FFT, their two finest games in my mind. Or if they're going to remake games, upgrade FF6 to present day capabilities, or make Chrono Cross somewhat challenging, or actually make the real second disc of Xenogears, or revamp SaGa Frontier utterly so people will actually appreciate the greatness of the character designs. I love them all (who knows why), but they need varying degrees of help. At the very least, we could see an FF remake in the visual style gods and Amano intended (say FF9, perhaps?)

And instead of remaking or sequeling atall, perhaps they should simply market their popular characters creatively. KH was a good first step of this - despite its bizarre concept - that it can be done. Give us a good Ehrgeiz, give us a good Chocobo Racing. Give us a Super Smash FF Melee. Recycle the characters, allow those we bonded with to return in intelligent games without risking ruining stories that have been cannonized in our collective mythologies already. The reason people get so pissed over changes in the FF universes is because people who play care too much. Final Fantasy has risen to nearly spiritual levels of fan worship, and Square has to be very careful to be sensitive to such.

Alaria
11-26-2002, 05:22 AM
Here here! ::::doesn't really have anything to add to the eloquent speech:::

Alaria
11-26-2002, 05:28 AM
Actually.....my only fear is that with Square becoming increasingly profit and business oriented, that eventually these worshipped games will have less and less quality. I just hope they don't go Disney's route, in which the movies pumped out are usually good, but the sequels are horrid, and the newer movies find it difficult to compare to the old classics. And Disney is making it worse by creating shoddy sequels to the originals (which, btw, their making of a Jungle Book sequel angered me immensely). Now I'm hoping that as long as Sakeguchi and Nomura are there, they can keep Square in check, and maintain the relative quality of the games. But in my opinion, after FFVII, I think that there hasn't been an FF game as good as those before them. They're always good, and excellent in comparison to other RPGs, but I'd rather see Square going the way of creating better quality games overall. And even though they ended up with a profit, I don't think they want to risk their finances anymore.

RHIshida
09-06-2003, 04:25 PM
I've always wanted to see a Final Fantasy Fighting game. I wrote ideas down about one and I thought it was pretty good. I really think they should remake FF7 (and 6 ;-;) for the PS2. Add in some of the stuff they left out, and completely revamp the battle system. Keep summons the same (but with better graphics,) and keep materia, but make it look even better. I'd love to see the backgrounds fully 3D instead of a layered 2D picture. I'd also like being able to play as Zack during the game at some point. Zack was the coolest character that you never got to play as, and he didn't have much character development. All you know is that he lived in Gongaga, went out with both Aeris and Tifa, was friends with Sephiroth and Cloud, and helped Cloud. If they remake FF7, they need to make Zack more of an important character =X

cactusmomma
09-07-2003, 06:38 AM
i'd like to see a sequel to ff8 personally...but made like the bouncer was...the more..'real' feel so to say....and make squall have a GD notsoangstythenwaffy personality!!! :walkoff:

Ookami05
09-07-2003, 10:32 AM
All this talk reminds me of the FF7-2 Aeris picture i drew as a joke. I think i may scan it.

Mizuho
09-07-2003, 11:41 AM
With FF7, a prequel would be soooooo much cooler than a sequel. :) *_*

And...

>> [Zack] went out with both Aeris and Tifa,

He did?! Where the heck does it say that?

EvilMoogleQueen
09-07-2003, 12:38 PM
why wont people let this dream die already. There isn't going to be a sequel to FF7.

and another thing- If you like FF7 why would you want a sequel? All it would do is defile a clasic game by adding a rushed continuation that makes little to no sense. When I found out that there was going to be a FF10 sequel I was pissed. They took a game I liked and turned it into mind numbing crap. I'm sure they would do the same thing with FF7.

Saiban
09-07-2003, 12:48 PM
Play the game first before you start mouthing off about it. Although a lot of people in Japan hated the diea of a sequel to FFX, but right now it is the biggest god damn game in Japan right now. K thx.

Serria
09-07-2003, 06:51 PM
No! No sequal! A prequal! Like the Cetra-wars thousands of years ago.. or.. whenever... that'd make a great game, them fighting the original Jenova! But no sequal!

EvilMoogleQueen
09-07-2003, 07:45 PM
Play the game first before you start mouthing off about it. Although a lot of people in Japan hated the diea of a sequel to FFX, but right now it is the biggest god damn game in Japan right now. K thx.

Actually I have changed my tune about it. I am looking forward to FFX-2. I was just refering to the original shock and my initial emotions.

RainAlvaran
09-07-2003, 08:40 PM
Well, I'm late to this discussion, but there are so many things that are just wrong about some of this. First off, I don't think they should remake FF8 because it's a real waste of time. Squall was the second-wrost main character in Final Fantasy history because he was a whiny baby who made no character progression throughout the story. Not to mention that was the EASIEST Final Fantasy EVER created. A remake of that is a waste, really. FF7 remake? psh....god no! Leave it as is....if RPG's were based by graphics, then we wouldn't be playing them at all. a remake of either of those would be a bad idea. A sequel to FF7 might be a good idea if it was taken correctly. Yes, it IS possible for Sephy to have survived....but the key is to do it in a tactful and interesting way. Yes people have their "dream fantasies about how it COULD have ended. Then we look like geeks and dorks debating something that's never-ending. If it answers questions, then so be it. A prequel....maybe....but it should take place before Jenova....I don't like the idea of it leading right up to something THAT obvious. The Bouncer was NOT a horrible game, and it paved the way for another game that was NOT horrible, which was Kingdom Hearts. The fighting system used is just tweaked a bit more. So those KH fans that hate the Bouncer and vice-versa.....think about that. FFX was a mediocre game. The only thing that really held up for it was the graphics....and an RPG with graphics that are cutting-edge.....is unheard of, since RPG's always relied on storyline and old-school graphics. If they are nice...fine....but over the edge like FFX....youa are just pushing it. Seymour could have been destroyed GOD-knows how many times. That would have taken away from the utter obviousness of the whole game. Plus, the forcing you to use all of your characters.....that's not a good idea. It takes away from the uniqueness of creating your own parties. Plus it gets annoying when you HAVE to build up EVERYONE evenly. The other thing about Tidus....was his attitude and look were GAY!!!! he complained and whined almost as much as Squall.....plus he never really grew up. I just couldn't get attached to a whiny-baby like that. he has his cool moments.....but is a character the game could have actually done without. You see Squall was needed (a great fighter). I am skeptical about this new battle system and way that the Final Fantasy series is going....because they are becoming less and less popular. Now, onto the idea of the Voice Overs......You gotta admit, not ALL Voice Actors are bad, and I've been told by many that I would make a good Cloud, Sephy, AND Barrett, so those are 3 characters you wouldn't have to worry about. Anywho, the point is....Square needs to return to their roots.....maybe a Final Fantasy 6 sequel is what they need. Either that or a REAL sequel to Tactics.

Saiban
09-07-2003, 11:38 PM

Thats good to hear, not to be an ass. But you really need to hear something about the game officially, with images, before you can reaaly start trashing the idea.

RainAlvaran
09-08-2003, 02:57 PM
Thats good to hear, not to be an ass. But you really need to hear something about the game officially, with images, before you can reaaly start trashing the idea.

Well, they have screenshots, I've heard stuff about the game, and my friend has seen the demo. It looks to be a decent game. relatively mediocre like the last one. Changing your class in the middle of battle is just a little too much.

Din the Dancer
09-08-2003, 05:09 PM
I donno about a sequel to FFIIV but they'd do it just beacuse they know people would buy it. And I've heard several times by several different people on GameFAQS that FFVII was rushed and was incomeplete. One of them said that there were 2 more disks planned. So if that is true they should make a re-make of it for PS2 but the way it was supposed to be. Almost everyone on GameFAQs hated the ending to FFIIV...

Saiban
09-08-2003, 09:54 PM
Well, they have screenshots, I've heard stuff about the game, and my friend has seen the demo. It looks to be a decent game. relatively mediocre like the last one. Changing your class in the middle of battle is just a little too much.

Apparantly I have a Squaresoft expert in my midst. Regardless of your personal feelings, the sales statistics easily out weigh your opinions. Just that case, they are opinions. There are numerous directions in which (if they decided to make a direct sequel from FFVII) they could take the game. Courtesy to the "jenova" cells, embedded within members of SOLDIER, and Cloud. And if you played the game, and understood it. Jenova can be physically killed, but as long as it's cell's are around, something can always push forth. For intance, cloud going nuts, a plethora of Shinra SOLDIERS being manipulated into a revolt to ressurect Sephiroth. Etc etc. Regardless. Fan base & Sales Stats always out weigh the voice of few.

Ranma Saotome
09-09-2003, 04:04 AM
FYI... FFVII - not happening. That is all.

RainAlvaran
09-09-2003, 10:40 AM
Apparantly I have a Squaresoft expert in my midst. Regardless of your personal feelings, the sales statistics easily out weigh your opinions. Just that case, they are opinions. There are numerous directions in which (if they decided to make a direct sequel from FFVII) they could take the game. Courtesy to the "jenova" cells, embedded within members of SOLDIER, and Cloud. And if you played the game, and understood it. Jenova can be physically killed, but as long as it's cell's are around, something can always push forth. For intance, cloud going nuts, a plethora of Shinra SOLDIERS being manipulated into a revolt to ressurect Sephiroth. Etc etc. Regardless. Fan base & Sales Stats always out weigh the voice of few.

ah, so somebody WAS listening. ^_^ Well truth told...I'm not really basing this off an opinion. I see things completely from both sides. I know that there are those who will embrace things like that whole-heartedly. ^_^ More power to them....then there are those who just want a scape goat out of everything, so the game can be super easy. I'm seeing it from a perspective as this: "If a game had all of the conveniences in battle in case you make a minor mistake....then where's the challenge?" Could you imagine playing Final Fantasy Tactics and being able to change classes in the middle of battle? There would be no challenge to it...you'd never have to adjust your thinking. All you'd have to do is adjust your class in the middle of battle. I understand doing it after you fail...that's a different story. In battle though....that's just too much of a courtesy. I have to say....that I would feel insulted as far as my abilities to adjust to a situation. That's the one thing I always liked about RPG's over the years. They actually did teach you something, and that was the ability to adjust to your situations. It seems more so now...that they just make things odd for you....or they provide you with answers in an annoyingly inept way. I know a huge fan of FFX that will agree with the fact that it's annoying that you have to keep changing your party members on the fly every battle because there are certain "types" of enemies that only a specific character can handle. Where the ingenuity of that is amazing, it also poses problems of complications. Like with Rikku, it was annoying getting her built up, because some enemies were just too strong for her to withstand any attacks. Thing is....what with the character switching....you need to switch her out at times. Even when she's new. You also tend to get uneven in your abilities after a while. I'm talking even more uneven than other games where the rest of your characters gain half to three quarter experience to keep growing levels. I under stand the beauty of the design, but I also understand that this is just a major inconvenience for a lot of gamers. I'm put together my reasoning by observation, and that's how I come to my conclusions.

Mizuho
09-09-2003, 11:17 AM
*Randomly inserts herself into the conversation*

If you are posting "information" about a game, or making claims about a game, please include a source in your post, if it is possible.

If it's something that was passed from a friend to a friend to a friend, I'm sorry to say that it is probably not true. If you are wondering, ask for a reliable source! There is way too much misinformation out there. :eeek:

evaneko
09-09-2003, 05:05 PM
FYI... FFVII - not happening. That is all.

FFVII already happened :p

Ranma Saotome
09-09-2003, 06:01 PM
I meant FFVII-2. It was late and I was tired when I posted. -_-

MTLX7
09-11-2003, 05:25 AM
well uhh ive forgotten most of FF7 mainly because i only played it once and that was when it came out ;/
never have actully played an rpg twice

but yeah if they would kinda make a story line of what happens before the 500 years or o ...that would be fine...maybe show the characters a few years later *shrug Square will think of something good im sure of it...
i forgot the ending but does anyone have a site that can refresh my memory?

Manafest
09-26-2003, 09:39 PM
The sequal to FF7 isn't even a game, it's a movie called Final Fantasy 7 Advent Child. It wil have Cloud and Sephiroth, but there is no proof that the other main characters (Cid, Vincent, Tifa, Barret, Red 13, Yuffie, Cait Sith, and Areith) will be in it. It take's place two years after the events in FF7, but now something worse is at hand.

XeroRadius
09-26-2003, 11:41 PM
The sequal to FF7 isn't even a game, it's a movie called Final Fantasy 7 Advent Child. It wil have Cloud and Sephiroth, but there is no proof that the other main characters (Cid, Vincent, Tifa, Barret, Red 13, Yuffie, Cait Sith, and Areith) will be in it. It take's place two years after the events in FF7, but now something worse is at hand.

Yes. We all know by now. Thanks. :)

Ranma Saotome
09-27-2003, 02:20 PM
FF7:AC will be a crapshoot. That is all.

hello kenney
09-27-2003, 08:16 PM
manafest: thanks for joining the forum just to bump a topic way out of date.

Kataiya
09-29-2003, 09:29 PM
Am I the only one who prefers pixies? yeah yeah, cgs are nice, but when cgs are taken held of, they tend to get out of hand and take from gameplay. Thus my major complaints with FFX and Xenosaga. I loved the storylines, but it was like watch for an hour and play for 10 minutes....then watch for another hour....which can get tiresome. Heck, cgs dont even need to be in there, a story can be told just as well by text than voiced dialogue and cg. FFIV and FFVI are, IMO, the two greatest Final Fantasy's and FFIV the most emotional of the two. And the only cgs they had were the added ones for the PSX re release. I am quite a hypocrite, because I DID love the CGs for FF3/6 and how they stuck to Amanos designs, and I would definately buy a remade version of 6 and 4 if they did it in that style,and I do agree with Rosiel FF6 could have had a better of an ending instead of "We defeated Kefka, lets go ride the airship and wave to all the children!" but then again, they're left fine the way they are.
FFVII is my third fav of the series and I dont see anything wrong with it. I thought it was complete enough as it was.And remake FF8 and 9? Why the hell would you want to do that? The graphics are fine enough as they are! But if they did remake FF7, I do agree with Aeris they should keep the anime-ish style, but please no Kingdom Hearts colors. Kingdom Hearts wasnt a bad game, but was possibly the most naeseous game Ive ever played. The bright colors and the odd camera angles made my head hurt and my stomach ache >/. I like to site down and play an RPG, not lay down due to sickness every 15 minutes. Anyways....thats my opinion

JechtSSJ
09-30-2003, 08:26 PM
You never know what squares gonna pull outa their ass, but knowing them, its either going to be incredibly amazing, or it will fail miserably.

And in my mind, they could pull a sequal to ff7 out... you never really see sephiroth die in 7... only his physical form... i dunno if im the only one but it kinda left the story open-ended to me...

tristasusen
10-01-2003, 10:10 PM
i dont really think that FF7 will make a good sequel, I though that FFX-2 was gonna be crappy but after a long time of thinking and seeing all those screenshots and demo its is really cool.

I think a good sequel would be FF9, its was really nice story, it went back to the originals final fantasy's. it had magic and mages and summons. i love it, its so magical.

Mappy
10-05-2003, 04:18 PM
FF7 Advent Children is a DVD Square is releasing soon actually, that is a update to the FF7 Story, takes place two years after the original. Sephiroth is back, and Cloud has to fight him. They did a really good job with the movies. I just got the trailer today off of Soul Seek. Its 45 megs so i doubt itll be posted on any sites. its totally worth seeing though

RyanW
10-05-2003, 09:33 PM
I just wanted to pop in to say that this is where the rumors have been coming from, and I can now understand it. Somebody saw this movie being made, or screenshots from it and immediately assumed it was FMV from a new FF game. So, I understand the rumors. No FF7-2, ha ha ha.

DJ(SiC)ness
10-05-2003, 11:22 PM
Well square said awhile ago that FF7 was their fav FF game. They didn't want to make a sequel becuase they were afraid they would mess it up. Thats why they went for FFX-2 first. I mean come on, if they tried to make FF7-2 like FFX-2 lots of people would be very pissed off. Thats why they went with the whole movie idea.

Jowy
10-05-2003, 11:27 PM
~Well square said awhile ago that FF7 was their fav FF game.

Hehe... thats cause its the highest grossing FF

dmdflarekojima
10-05-2003, 11:32 PM
Just to go way off topic....

Square-Enix should get off their knees and stop being Sony's little "toy"! I can understand that they put FF's on PS1 because the Saturn wouldn't have handled the graphics as well as the PS could, but now we have several good console out there that they could make use of. They're finally making stuff for nintendo again so why not for microsoft? It would increase their profits and make their games more widely available so why the hell won't they see the light? I don't want to hear this crap about the PS2 being the only system that could handle it cause I've heard that arguement before and it's wrong. ex. Mace Griffen Bounty Hunter. Perfect Frame rate on X-Box and for ps2 it's graphics were demolished and framerate was terrible... I wanted to cry. So in closing, Square-Enix, get your head out of your but and start making games for all consoles.

P.S. If you don't Microsoft will buy you then you'll be their "toy"

</end vent>

JacksUsername
10-05-2003, 11:57 PM
Probably because Square-Enix is based in Japan, and the Xbox is doing really really horribly in Japan right now...some weeks the original Playstation is outselling it, so I can understand why they're holding back from the x-box in that country....if it were an american developer, i'm sure you'd start seeing the games on xbox.

dmdflarekojima
10-06-2003, 12:00 AM
That's a good possiblity, but they could always pull a Tecmo. Release the games in the States first and build up a big following there, then pop overseas to Japan and display a product that has it's feet firmly grounded. Hell, at this point I'd settle for ports.

DigitalCactus
10-06-2003, 11:36 AM
*pops in randomly*What?! what are they going to call it?

"Final Fantasy VII-2: Fanservice galore!Ok guys, seriously, this is the last one"

dont get me wrong I liked FF7 but um... seriously.. wtf.

No flame wars. I'm not big on FF anyway so yeah...

Ranma Saotome
10-06-2003, 11:49 AM
Heh, I wouldn't worry. I am a FF7 fan, but the trailer to FF7:AC left a bad taste in my mouth.

KaineMaxwell
10-06-2003, 12:50 PM
Since it's an early trailer it can only get better we hope.

DJ(SiC)ness
10-06-2003, 07:05 PM
dmdflarekojima

sales has nothing to do with it...well orginaly it didn't. Square can sell alot of gams on any system they put it on and there are more people with PS2's out there than Xbox's. But that one stat isn't why there sticking to Sony. I mean Square has FF:CC coming out for GC and less people have gcs than people have xboxs.

Awhile ago when Xbox was about to come out, bill gates was going around trying buy up francises left and right. He tried to buy FF from square... but square was highly insulted and basicly told Microsoft to go fuck themselves.

Another reason Square staty true to sony is when FF:TSW bombed, sony loaned Square a bunch of money to keep the FF series on PS2. Since square really need the money they went with it.

dmdflarekojima
10-06-2003, 08:11 PM
Oh well... Square's loss... so much could have been theirs...

Dymatrex
10-06-2003, 08:12 PM
If anyone is looking for FF7-2 in motion, here it is. It's the trailer for it.

http://portfolio.iu.edu/slall/ff7ac01.mpeg

Sorry if this had already been posted...

dmdflarekojima
10-07-2003, 10:27 AM
stop calling it FFVII-2!!!!! It makes me not want to see it!

psythe
10-07-2003, 10:39 AM
Dymatrex, your sig image is probably killing the dial up users you may want to tone it down to about 300x150 =)

and in the interest of fairness...

dmdflarekojima, that banner is wide! XD maybe half wide could work?

Not picking on you, as I really like both your banners they just need to be smaller :)

Dymatrex
10-07-2003, 07:33 PM
Well, one things for sure. It's not a movie, it's a game. I had a japanese friend of mine translate and ad for FF7:AC. It's a game for the PS2...

Serria
10-07-2003, 07:57 PM
It's NOT a movie??? Everyone on the other threads are saying it is...! ;_;

Ranma Saotome
10-07-2003, 08:58 PM
Hey asshat. Yeah you! Straight from Square Enix @ The Tokyo Game Show, FF7:AC is a MOVIE!

Your friend doesn't know shit about shit, pull up your pants!

little_king
10-07-2003, 11:01 PM
i dont know whats going on but a movie, i cant even download the trailer so i dotn believe it, besides you guys just need to wait, if its a movie thell anounce it but if its a game thell say, so oyu guys need to chilll but how do i get the 7-2 movie trailer, even though i watn to see, i cant help it. is there a secondary source to download from???

Dymatrex
10-08-2003, 12:15 AM
Hey asshat. Yeah you! Straight from Square Enix @ The Tokyo Game Show, FF7:AC is a MOVIE!

Your friend doesn't know shit about shit, pull up your pants!

My friend is from japan, he would know how to translate his ownl language from an ad better than anyone I know at my school...

So shut your mouth, bitch.

Gren
10-08-2003, 12:20 AM
Claws in kittens.

All the sources I have seen have called it a movie and they are rather reliable. Are you certain your friend is not mistaken?

Ranma Saotome
10-08-2003, 12:34 AM
Listen you lil turd, it has already been announced that FF7:AC is a full length DVD movie. Stop trying to wreck shit here.

I have no time or tolerance for this.

DigitalCactus
10-08-2003, 12:52 AM
holy crap Im with Psythe on that... your banner is HUGE thought it is really cool

and behave people. seriously.

Kataiya
10-08-2003, 05:55 AM
oi, how many stupid arguments over petty things have I seen on these threads? Its just a movie/game whatever, not your life, stop fighting you two

Ranma Saotome
10-08-2003, 02:24 PM
I'm not fighting at all. I'm just clearing up the fact that FF7AC is a DVD movie, not s gsme. :|

Holly
10-08-2003, 05:45 PM
oh yeah , and seph is back in action, man I can't wait for the movie. It comes out in 2004 , oh man Im getting the chills. I need to see now!!!!!!!

JacksUsername
10-08-2003, 06:02 PM
dmdflarekojima

sales has nothing to do with it...well orginaly it didn't. Square can sell alot of gams on any system they put it on and there are more people with PS2's out there than Xbox's. But that one stat isn't why there sticking to Sony. I mean Square has FF:CC coming out for GC and less people have gcs than people have xboxs.

Keep in mind, that's not the case in Japan, the userbase goes from PS2 to Gamecube to Xbox, over in Europe and US, its a different story.

I was really opposed to the movie when I first saw it announced, and I still have great fears of it going horribly wrong, but I've adjusted more to it now. I'll wait and see how the movie is before I start saying it should never be made.

little_king
10-08-2003, 08:11 PM
dose it really worth fighting for? how about we just wait and see. exept you wiht the japanise freind you luck so you can see what happends, but im sure that there make it a game instead of a movie, it said that square quit the movie bussness because of the horrific ff spirits film. this movie thing is just a rumor, and there are thousands of rumoers out there, ive seen like 3 for the "story line" of ff7-2 so if there is a move i guess well see it in 2004.

DJ(SiC)ness
10-08-2003, 08:54 PM
dude little king...it is a movie

do you want to see the trailer?

little_king
10-08-2003, 09:13 PM
i do, but i cant find a sight for it, all the sources are bad. iu need to see this trailer to make my desition to weather its ganna be a movie. and what about a movie and game they did that with mgs2, but the dvd was only reliesed in japan. anyway if ou have another site i would really like to get it. i want to see this trailer.

little_king
10-08-2003, 09:13 PM
oh DJ(SiC)ness
i like the alice thing its funny

VashTS
10-08-2003, 10:37 PM
seeing the characters in absolute 3-D will be weird i hope its a good sequal thatsasgood as or better then FF7

Beware_UY7
10-08-2003, 11:05 PM
FFVII: Advent Children is a 60 (only 60?! I wanna' cry!) minute long movie, that will be released on DVD in summer 2004. If you watch the trailer, the first line of text says 'this is not for playing'.

Apparently, 2 years after FFVII, everyone's dieing from a disease, but Cloud hasn't died, so he's all nice and lonely, and then apparently, 'mystery man' (Who is not Sephy, which makes me glad, because when I was dependent on info provided by others, I was told that Sephy had short hair.) and yes, battle ensues.
The companies have said that the only confirmed characters are Cloud, Seph, and 'mystery man' (but they also said that most of the characters that you'll expect to see will be present), who is said in a Tokyo Gaming magazine to apparently be related to Sephiroth: oh my. As far as the revival of Sephiroth, nothing is confirmed... I mean, it could just be flashbacks.

Well, if there are people who are still curious as to where to find more information, or want to download the trailer, all that good stuff is available here: http://www.webpost.net/ad/adventchild/ren/

Now I'm on a FFVII:AC kick... *runs off to watch trailer and drool at it*

Dymatrex
10-09-2003, 08:01 PM
To be honest...that almost sounds kinda lame...

Beware_UY7
10-10-2003, 01:19 AM
The plot? Well, I think the plot is okay, but I don't see how anything decent will be pulled off in an hour (I'll love it anyway though)... especially when its takes hours and hours to beat a game... I mean, I feel like, when its over, I know I'm going to be like "And then what? You're just leaving me with that? I want more. Need. Need more."
Well, if this is successful, I'm sure Square will come out with more good stuff, but we all know that they're a bit apprehensive because of what happened last time they tried the whole movie thing.*If you don't know, well, they went bankrupt* (I'm just hoping they don't try to make a FFX movie. Haven't they used that plot/ universe enough? I swear, X2 was designed and made solely for cosplaying fangirls. Bugger plot, just put in pretty costumes that people can attempt to recreate.)

RainAlvaran
10-10-2003, 11:59 PM
well, as far as I waws informed it is a game....and you will also get to see Aerith(Aeris) as well as Cloud and Sephy. Not all sequels are bad....and you never know what the heck could be going on for real....I would like to see Zack though....I mean heck....I wanna see the guy Cloud fancies himself after in action. Ergheiz(however you spell it) was a cheap-off. I'm just gonna wait and see. They can't get any worse than 8.

neoangelwink
10-11-2003, 01:38 AM
^_^ i really hope bring most peep back from the game

Ranma Saotome
10-11-2003, 02:14 AM
Yo, that banner is a wee bit too big man.

Beware_UY7
10-11-2003, 10:08 AM
Well, they haven't confirmed most characters for this movie, but they've said that there are 20 charas throughout the course of it. They also said, "most of the people you expect to see, you'll see." or something like that. With such a short film, I don't think they'll have much time to go in depth on characters in the film. They'll probably do a bit, just to make it less confusing to those who haven't played FFVII (Who hasn't?! Blasphemy!). But still...

Gren
10-11-2003, 07:00 PM
I think we can pretty well confim Cid will be there. XD

Beware_UY7
10-12-2003, 01:20 AM
Yea for Cid-ness!! For no particular reason, I was running around today quoting Cid. Rawr.

I'm really looking forward to at least cameos by game characters, just because I wanna' see them all pretty and such. *squeal*

Still... I wanna' know what voice actors will be working on this film. I suppose no one knows? I'll just have to go on a mystical and magical quest to find out then.

Tidus Rocks!
10-13-2003, 05:14 PM
I was hoping they would try to make a sequel to Final Fantasy VII! That would be cool;)

P.S. I'm Hoping Cloud looks the same!

Beware_UY7
10-13-2003, 05:43 PM
Tidusrocks- Haven't you seen pictures yet? Cloud's hair is shorter, as his game hair is too tall to look natural and such... his eyes are a bit grayer. And different clothing (his outfit can be described as 'runaway jrocker'). And baggier pants. *trips on pants, fall flat on face, game over* okay... no game over, cause its a movie, but still.

neoangelwink
10-13-2003, 07:31 PM
^_^ there trying make look more real.

Peachy Momo
10-13-2003, 11:05 PM
I'm really excited about all these new Final Fantasy projects coming together. The FF7 movie looks intriguing; FFX-2 should be out around the end of this year. FF11 hopefully is being released next year and FF12 is in the works. AHHH! There are moving too fast for me! I got to keep up!! Have to own every FF thing out there…>_< lol!

Beware_UY7
10-14-2003, 02:58 PM
Hm... losta releases in a short time means that after these releases... we'll probably have to wait a while for something new... but that something new will probably be badarse hardcore x20. FFVII:AC is the reason I forgive Square for some... well... quetsionable... projects. Lets just hope this isn't a dissapointment. *or else I'll cry*

Genki Chan
10-16-2003, 10:50 PM
While a sequel would be cool, I think a remake would be better. If they did a remake they could make Vincent and Yuffie normal characters instead of optional >_<

Most annoying thing on earth- going through as much of the game as possible with Vince and Yuff, loving them to death, even cosplaying one... and then, watching as they are totally edited out of the ending.

Grr, damnit. Grr.

neoangelwink
10-17-2003, 12:07 AM
yeah it really sock -_-

tristasusen
10-17-2003, 07:42 PM
did anyone read the newest issue of GAMEINFORMER. They talk about FF7:Advent Children. Its says the movie will come on the game package. They r remaking FF7 for PS2 and the movie will come with the game. They also said that they heard no news from square-enix that its will be sold by itself. ill will be getting the remake when it comes out. I cant wait

neoangelwink
10-18-2003, 12:33 AM
bo really ^_^ this make very exside

DJ(SiC)ness
10-19-2003, 12:08 PM
where the hell is everyone getting all this info...becuase im really questioning how true it is. I am refering to the release of FF7:AC only with a FF7: remake. Becuase from the latest interview with Square enix at the Tokyo Game show they were asked about it and denied any future plans for making it. They said "The orginal FF7 is still playable on the PS2, we do not see any need in remaking it.".

But who knows, they are all over the place.

tristasusen
10-19-2003, 05:14 PM
i got the info in the november issue of gameinformer. and its says

"As of now Square Soft is planning on re-releasing the original PSone Final Fantasy VII on Playstation 2. No details have been given as to whether the game will feature any new content or upgrades in graphics and gameplay. We do know, however, that Square Enix will include a bonus DVD featuring the hour-long CG movie dubbed Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children. Additionally, it is not known if this movie can play on regular DVD players or if it will only work on the Playstation 2. Square Enix also didnt reveal if the DVD would be sold separately."

GAMEINFORMER

Thats directly from the magazine. thats the only written proof i have seen about anything. If u have any more doubts just pick up the magazine :)

Ranma Saotome
10-19-2003, 10:01 PM
Okay, if theyt tweaked the graphics I shall buy it.

neoangelwink
10-20-2003, 12:22 AM
mmm ^_^ onlt time will tall waht will happen.

LadyVincira
10-20-2003, 03:48 PM

::Sits quietly, waiting for more::

...Pleaselettherebeawell-renderedVincent...Pleaselettherebeawell-renderedVincent....

Hehe...this will probably be my 1st PS2 game. I don't even have a PS2...but my brother does.... 0>.>0'''

Mizuho
10-20-2003, 04:06 PM
Square-Enix said in a recent interview that since FFVII is compatible with both Playstation and Playstation 2, there is no need to remake it-- and will not be remade. So, it seems that Game Informer may be incorrect about their claim, at least in regards to what Squrae-Enix said. ^_^;

LadyVincira
10-21-2003, 03:30 PM
Mizuho - True, true...but my brother mentioned the possibility that they *might* have said that before they redid many of the other Final Fantasy games, too.

I really don't know, please don't flame me...I'm just putting the idea out there. 0^.^0''

Tygo
10-21-2003, 05:21 PM
If they did make an FF7-2 I think it would be cool if they brought Aeris back in "Gandalf the White" sort of way. She's not really a love interest or anything like,but she has been sent back to help defeat whatever evil has plagued the land,and it make a bit more sense since in the original the only real cleric/magic user was killed off.

Another cool thing would be if Sephiroth made his return as either the main villian (which would make more sense why Aeris would come back.) OR......

Sephiroth must join forces with Cloud to defeat a greater evil. Letting us FINALLY be able to play as his royal bad-ass-ness.

I also read in PSM along time ago that they were going to make a FF7 remake for PS2. I just about wet myself when I heard that,but I thought they scrapped that project?

neoangelwink
10-21-2003, 11:37 PM
i hear that too. from some game guys that work at video game store.

DJ(SiC)ness
10-22-2003, 09:15 PM
Here is what happend in square awhile back.

A long long time ago...

After FF9 came out and before FF:TSW hit the theaters. Square was totaly serious about remaking FF7 for the PS2 as well as the other previous games. But than dark clouds gatherd over Squaresofts future. FF:TSW bombed...worse than they could ever imagined. the movie cost around $130 million to make. Squares financil problims grew and grew. And they were forced to scrap the project and regroup hoping that FFX will save them. But they got a little sympathy package instead...from there good friends Sony. Sony bought alot of stock in the company helping Square out a great deal. But nothing is free...Square had to secure the FF series (main series not FF:CC but the numaric FF games) on the PS2 for a long time to come. Since Square was still kinda sore with Nintendo they agreed. And things slowly grew back to normal. Now they are finaly at a point where they can go back to all there scraped ideas.

I have been following this for a awhile, and it makes me so happy that everything is working out for them now.

I have been a PSM subscriber since the first issue (which might i add had FF7 on the cover) and i remember that article too...i was almost in tears.

neoangelwink
10-23-2003, 12:22 AM
wow waht great story ^_^. it sad that ff:tsw bond it ok. but was not very ff like. im glad square getting back on it feet.

Tygo
10-23-2003, 08:07 PM
.........................wow. So I finally get the full story about FF7's remake. Thanks a bunch for that information.

Matrix7reloaded
10-24-2003, 04:33 AM
I'm glad Square got out of the jam. Now they are with Enix too. As long as it works out for them and they keep making games and stuff. What did happen between Square and Nintendo?

neoangelwink
10-24-2003, 03:38 PM
i wonder too ^_^

RazielShadow
11-12-2003, 01:03 AM
OK hello...Anyhow...if Final Fantasy: Advent Children is a movie...Rock on! ad if it is a Game even better but i heard they are making both...but what do i really know eh? but i am just hoping that they don't revive Aris or whatever her name is..i loved the way she died and she should stay the way. but i would like to know what happened between Cloud and Tifa for out of all the FF series thier love story is the most interesting and maybe it is because at the end it never says what happened between them.....

little_king
11-12-2003, 07:50 PM
i agree, the aerith coming back thing wouldnt be so cool to me, she died, id like it to stay that way,im stocked about the remake, i want to know what issue it is so i can see for myself, there are alot of rumors on the net. i cant wait for the remake to come out, i know my brother and i will both buy like 3 copies. but in the meantime we have to wait, wait what a boring thing to do.

BannSidhe
11-12-2003, 10:00 PM
i agree, the aerith coming back thing wouldnt be so cool to me, she died, id like it to stay that way,im stocked about the remake, i want to know what issue it is so i can see for myself, there are alot of rumors on the net. i cant wait for the remake to come out, i know my brother and i will both buy like 3 copies. but in the meantime we have to wait, wait what a boring thing to do.

I'd like her to come back....so i could kick her ass myself.

neoangelwink
11-12-2003, 11:41 PM
me too^_^ she need more game time o moive time.

pink_kitten
11-15-2003, 03:02 PM
*squaresoft, don't listen to them!!*

you say aeris is dead and it should stay that way. Well, shepiroth is dead too.... so you don't want him in the movie/game too?? ahah

*squaresoft, bring aeris back :))!*

Hideki_san
11-15-2003, 09:19 PM
i bet there will be a FFVII-2, but for right now, FFVII will come out on ps2, and have a 2 hr movie, all CG.
They are currently working on voice actors, but ive seen cloud and sephitroph....all i wanna say is"damn, that looks good" but cloud looks too much liek tidus now.

Mizuho
11-15-2003, 10:09 PM
Hideki-san: The remake for PS2 is a false rumor. Square-Enix said that since FFVII is playable on the PS2, there will not be a remake.

I also believe that the movie being released will be about sixty minutes long.

A sequel is not entirely out of the realm of possibility, according to an interview with Mr. Nomura... Although right now, I certainly wouldn't sit around waiting for it. :)

Here are two new sites that people may enjoy checking out for more info:

http://www.adventchildren.net
http://www.ffyac.net

ViralCookie
11-16-2003, 04:53 PM
pink_kitten: I wouldn't say Sephiroth was killed off in the game. Cloud had a "final" face-off with him in the Lifestream after the FFVII party defeated his last distorted form. So... Sephiroth just fell in the Lifestream.

That is why he is in the wheelchair as you can see in the trailor. Mako poisoning... Also that Cloud kicked his ass pretty badly one on one at the end.

I'm assuming he communicates with his "pet" in some sort of telepathy that JENOVA infected persons are capable of using, thus JENOVA is the puppeteer.

At this point, I don't think Sephiroth is "conscious" since Cloud wasn't "conscious" during his time in Mideel. No matter what Tifa tried, Cloud was still a vegetable.

The only way his communication is comprehendible is through the mind (I suppose that's what it might be called), which JENOVA conducts.

ViralCookie
11-16-2003, 05:13 PM
Correction!

That is why he might be in the wheelchair as you can see in the trailor. Mako poisoning... Also that Cloud kicked his ass pretty badly one on one at the end.

little_king
11-16-2003, 07:20 PM
i dont care what anybody says, aerith is dead, so she could stay dead, the big sephiroth thing could be true, it makes sense to me but i dont believe rumors, i wish i could but so many of them are false, thats why i always want a source to cheak them by. oh well whatever square enix dose is cool, i dont think its cool when people say that they should do this or they messed up on this, i dont see those people makeing a game, i have my oppinions, i hope i dont complain

Hideki_san
11-16-2003, 11:20 PM
Hideki-san: The remake for PS2 is a false rumor. Square-Enix said that since FFVII is playable on the PS2, there will not be a remake.

I also believe that the movie being released will be about sixty minutes long.

A sequel is not entirely out of the realm of possibility, according to an interview with Mr. Nomura... Although right now, I certainly wouldn't sit around waiting for it. :)

Here are two new sites that people may enjoy checking out for more info:

http://www.adventchildren.net
http://www.ffyac.net

oh, thanks for reminding me. After i made the post, i read my gameinformer again and read about it. The movie is 1 hours, not 2, and a remake, they talked about making a ps2 version and putting the movie as a bonus with it. I dont know, something liek thta, ill have to read again. i keep forgetting(i forget alot)

little_king
11-17-2003, 08:27 PM
I dont understand why people want to have aerith back so badly, if she died in the firt one then she should stay dead, i think it would make thing complicated. but oh well, as long as it gives some continuation to the game im happy.i head is comming out in 2004, but like what season or month? the mag i have said it comes sometimes in 2004, i prob skiped it but if i didnt dose anybody know?

lodstyx
11-22-2003, 07:22 PM
guys arieth can be resserected in ff7 u jus gotta know how to do it...........

Serria
11-22-2003, 07:38 PM
lodstyx - no she can't. Sorry. Unless you mean like with a Gameshark...?

I love Aeris as much as everyone. She's my fave all time character. But I don't want her to be ressurected. It would ruin the symbollism, the emotion, and the general point of her death. She's beyond our world now. :)

little_king
11-22-2003, 08:44 PM
yeah without game shrak doing the cheating anything on the net stateing a way to get aerith back without game shark is a load of crap

little_king
11-22-2003, 08:51 PM
even then its pretty hard, my gameshark broke or something in a year. i was seeing if the alternet ending rumor was true, you need the time stop code on, i dont know for some reason, the code just stoped working, so did the one to get sephiroth, all this happend at a bad time for me. i just got the Super sephiroth code( ware you acually control sephiroth) and then it broke. i guess it was the version i had ,3.1 i coulndt find a better one after that, so i stoped

neoangelwink
11-22-2003, 09:53 PM
^_^ i heard romor long time if bet the game under some mount of time. aerth open her eyes from the water. i wounder if kingdom heart is a hit?
she live in kingdom hearts.

lodstyx
11-23-2003, 01:06 PM
some (mostly) people dont know about this but ima let u guys in the secret

First of all there are items you will need to successfully get Aeris back, these are as follows:

PC or PlayStation version of Final Fantasy VII
4 Tissues (get by losing in the Battle Arena)
Buster Sword (for it's association with Aeris)
1 Mastered Revive Materia

Not many people know that the Revive materia can be levelled up past 3 stars. There is a secret 4th star which holds an ability named resurrect. To get this ability, you must earn somewhere between 800,000 and 1,500,000 AP. There is a catch though. You MUST have the Buster Sword equipped and the Revive materia fastened to it before you can gain AP for it.

This is the long part but believe me it is worth it!!! Go to a place where enemies give a lot of AP. Examples are the Gelnika, Mideel Beach and The North Crater. I would recommend the North Crater. Once you get to the bit where your party splits up, go left and then up. Go to the right of the screen and get into a fight. 7 out of 10 times you will be up against a small pot with a purple creature inside it. Use the W-Item trick to get loads of elixirs and give it one. When you kill it (they aren't very hard) you should get 1000 AP for it, do NOT be tempted to use a double or triple growth weapon to up your AP because the Revive materia will not gain AP unless it is on the Buster Sword. Magic Pots can come singly, in 2s and in 3s. This means there can be up to 3000 AP up for grabs just for one fight!

Now you have the Resurrect ability, visit Aeris's House in Sector 5 of Midgar. Go into her room (the one on the right) and use the 4 tissues. Cloud should break down and shout "Why did you have to die?". Cloud will then go outside and tell the others his desire to bring back Aeris. They will be doubtful at first but will eventually agree.

Once Cloud has regained his composure, go to the Church in sector 4. Make sure Cait Sith is in your party, then talk to the kid on the right. She will want to play with Cait Sith (seeing as he is a cat!) and they will all go outside. Aeris's spirit should appear in the flowers telling you about the Resurrect Spell and to go to the Forgotten City. This is your next destination.

Remember the waterfall where you saw Aeris pray for Holy? This is where you Cloud will perform the resurrect spell. Go up to the Pedestal and press the OK button. Cloud will put the materia on the altar then kneel and pray. The materia shoudl become an extremely bright orb of light and then shatter into a million pieces. Aeris's spirit will now tell you to return to the Church.

Now that you have performed the Resurrect Spell, when you see Aeris's ghost in the Church, it should become solid. At this moment Aeris will say "Don't worry Cloud, it really is me. Maybe now we can do all those things we never finished first time around." And there you have it, Aeris is back! Now you can take her on the Highwind just like you promised!

Saiban
11-23-2003, 02:54 PM
That's some top quality Bullshit right there.
The producer from FFVII even said there is no way to get Aerith back.

BannSidhe
11-23-2003, 03:00 PM
some (mostly) people dont know about this but ima let u guys in the secret

First of all there are items you will need to successfully get Aeris back, these are as follows:

PC or PlayStation version of Final Fantasy VII
4 Tissues (get by losing in the Battle Arena)
Buster Sword (for it's association with Aeris)
1 Mastered Revive Materia

http://ffguides.telefragged.com/ff7/rumors.shtml

As the person here explains, it would destroy the storyline if it happened. There is no way to bring her back. I know people who spent DAYS trying to do this to find out how they were duped. If I remember right, this stupid method even was posted as a APRIL FOOLS JOKE in a gaming mag.

There is one site that shows images of the resurrect, with issues:

1) They don't show her being resurrected.

2) It can be done with a gameshark.

3) The pics are very much altered. Note, not a single "shot" is large. Aka- No scrutiny can be done.

Serria
11-23-2003, 08:43 PM
Well, I have the PC versian of FFVII and I can assure you that there is no "movie" scene with Aeris's Ressurrection. And if you can get Aeris back NORMALLY, then why when you use a gameshark to get her back does the game always freeze up? Because the game doesn't know how to use her character passed the first disk.

Maybe she wasn't ment to die originally, but regardless, she does now and her death had a meaning to the game. Don't slaughter her purpose.

Shadowlvr
11-23-2003, 09:32 PM
Look at the Avatar!! Lets go Final Fantasy 7-2 ^_^

Climhazzard
11-23-2003, 10:38 PM
They made it i got proof check this out http://groups.msn.com/ss2kakarotspics/finalfantasy72.msnw

if you are wondering im a newbie! enjoy

Climhazzard
11-23-2003, 10:40 PM
It is so realistic it doesnt even look like Cloud His voice is wierd you guys should buy it!i give this game in Japanese version 10/10

Climhazzard
11-23-2003, 10:43 PM
Final Fantasy Vii Child Avent

Climhazzard
11-23-2003, 10:48 PM
A movie is coming out Summer of 2004 From SquareSoft (SquareEnix). I have played the demo Tifa on a motorbike!!!!!!!!

little_king
11-23-2003, 11:13 PM
man how long did it take for you to think of that one, face it man, theres no possable way that will get aerith back, unless you have a taped recording of this ready to download, no ones ganna believe you

little_king
11-23-2003, 11:15 PM
sweet, thx climbhazzard, next step is to somehow find out what they're saying

Shadowlvr
11-23-2003, 11:25 PM
That had to be the most Elaborate, Most planned out piece of shit ive ever heared.

neoangelwink
11-23-2003, 11:48 PM
please dont put hope up. -__- ^_^ do u have pic of it? ^_^ i wounder wat happen to tifa and other in 7-2?

Serria
11-24-2003, 04:24 PM
Umm... I thought that the "Tifa" thing was an April fool's joke or something like that. I haven't heard about an actual SEQUAL to final fantasy VII, only the movie, Advent Children. I don't know. There's a million and a half rumours flying around, anyhow. Should be interesting. :)

little_king
11-24-2003, 09:20 PM
^^ i know what you mean, exept i only had to read 9 pages? i dont remember, its all good though, besides it was pretty much pointless unless you wanto know more about what we are done talking with. You can if you want though. i really hope tifa is in it though, and cid, you gatta have a cid. but i ont really care what i want to know is the main point, i know someone said something about the plot but i could be another one of the 7,000 rumors out there.

Artreus
11-24-2003, 10:33 PM
There will of course, probably not be a FFVII-2, there will be a FFVII: Advent children 60 minute long dvd being released in japan summer '04... this has probably already been discussed earlier but I did not want to wade through soooo many rumors...

little_king
11-24-2003, 10:52 PM
Yeah i know, but there kinda hard not to come by sometimes, which makes me think, they confirmed a FFVII-2 project, but the movie is only FFVII-AC. Why say that its FFVII-2 when you could just say FFVII-AC? it just doesnt make any sense

Artreus
11-25-2003, 10:03 PM
Some people enjoy confusing others with things such as this. I guess it makes them feel special. Either that or there is actually a Final Fantasy VII-2 being produced. (which I doubt)

P.S: also, I guess back before the official name was released, they decided to just call is FFVII-2?

Shadowlvr
11-25-2003, 10:08 PM
I was reading in a magazine that FF7: Advent children was a teaser for a Sequel to FF7-2. this was in the latest issue of OPM but im still pissed at them for what they said about cosplayers. X__X so i try not to relate a lot of stuff i say to them lol.

little_king
12-02-2003, 12:43 AM
Then why did they call it FF VII AC instead of FF VII-2 AC, its orbably just me. they confirm a FF VII-2 project and then they call it FF VII AC, it just sounds kinmds bizzare, dont you think???

Yuna-X2
12-03-2003, 03:54 PM
Oooh.... I like the trailer. I know lots of people have commented on how they liked the characters to look more animeish, but I think that they look wonderful more realistic...

FlowersInMidgar
12-04-2003, 05:54 PM
Everything I've read in Game Informer is that FF VII-2 is a game for the PSP.

Good lord I can't believe people are still spreading this garbage about the Aeris ressurection, I'm suprised you didn't throw in the legendary "water breathing materia" for poops n' chuckles!

Seriously, anyone with the PC version can access the FMV library to find absolutely no evidence of extra FMV's
The only thing I can believe is FF VII was a "rush job" and these items and events were planned but never completed.
It wasn't uncommon in FF, heck you weren't one of the cool kids if you didn't die at least once in FF IV!

On a slightly related note, I've heard you can have Beatrix in your party in FF IX, it's complex and requires a game shark or similar application and seems to mess up the game though, lame.

marsie
12-04-2003, 06:56 PM
I am sick to death of the GD FF VII-2 rumors.

They should have never made AC because it is just perpetuating rumors. I think it will be an interesting movie. But it is just that. A movie.

Oh and just because someone in a magazine said there was going to be a sequel, may not be tottally true. *gasp* the media might just be making things up to sell magazines...but wait, true journalist wouldn't do that. *rolls eyes*

FlowersInMidgar
12-04-2003, 07:32 PM
Woah, I didn't say it was true, I just said it's been in the last few issues of GI under the rumor mill (or whatever they call the rumor section) I read this in another mag as well (EGM I believe) So far it's excactly that, a rumor. I have never read about the two stories in the same places however, so I don't know why these two concepts are being associated to each other, one is an idea (VII-2) the other is a follow up and reason for people to buy VII after 5 someodd years and practically everyone owns it, as well as cover the disappointing ending which had virtually no closure. I'm looking forward to it.

marsie
12-04-2003, 09:37 PM
Flowers- I wasn't talking about you, dear. You are fine.

The ending was the main reason I hated the game so much.

FlowersInMidgar
12-05-2003, 01:11 PM
Ah, I gotcha. I agree, VII was such a good game but, the ending left ALLOT to be desired (uncharacteristic of the series, which shocked me) It's like they (Square) developed "Konami syndrome" (righteous game, ending lame. Castlevania SotN anyone?) for FF Seven!

Genki Chan
12-06-2003, 08:02 PM
Woah... maybe I'm just braindead... which is always a possiblity... but I'm very confused now.

I thought FF: AC was going to be a movie? Is that what they're still saying, or is it a prelude for a game, or neither and just the name of a game, or... ach, will someone clear me up here? And just tell me what the facts are and what the rumors are? Or is that impossible at this point?

x_x so... fridgging... confused...

Guts_Berserk
12-07-2003, 02:56 AM
Hi sry I'm late. I always knew they were going to make a FF7 movie before any of the other Final fantasies, I've been sayin' it for years but no one listened to me. Now the are making it. I CAN'T Belive it.

Just one thing, everyone I know says that silverhaired guy in the trailer is Sephiroth. I don't think so.

1st of all it looks nothing like the great one. Also in one scene in the trailer this Silver-Haired guy bows to a guy in a wheel chair, know everyone that has beaten the game knows that Sephiroth declaired himself a god right. Well do gods bow to people in wheel chairs...NO. I think this Silver haired guy is infact a Sephiroth clone and the guy in the wheel chair is Sephiroth. As we know Sephiroth was killed or mortaly wounded in the crater, afterwards the crater crumbled behind the highwind and out cam the lifestream(holy). I belive that Sephiroth fell into the lifestream. The lifestream has healing powers. Afterwards Sephiroth washed up on shore and it took him a while to recouperate(just like Cloud) thats why hes in the wheel chair. and when the silver haired guy touches the whel chair guys hand Sephiroth looks up and is surrounded by fire(This is obviosly Nibelhiem).

Well thats my theory its a long shot but this is what I have made from the trailer. Please let me know your theorys and/or facts. I know there is a site out therethat suposidly tells te facts but I have not found it.

also sry for changing the subject, I had to get this out of my system.

darknightdjing
12-07-2003, 12:54 PM
Ok people I stumbled upon this post today and I woul dlike to put tmy thoughts into it. I don't think Final Fantasy 7-2 is a sequel. From what I here this game is only for the Xbox and is a remake of it not a sequel. Becaue one of my friends got an xbox magazine and it say only for xbox but i could be wrong but he says the every characters back it its just a complete remake of the original to bring it up to todays graphics. Personal I like the graphics the way they were but I can live with it being better than they were I would like to see it because I think it would bring a better aspect to the game and a lot better of an effect on people. To Bad i heard its oly bei made for the xbox. What I really want to see is Final fantasy 7 advent child thats the movie being made for Final Fantasy 7 well thats all i had to say.

cutekawaii
12-07-2003, 01:39 PM
OK, just to clear everything up X_X

Advent Children is NOT a game. It is a 60 minute MOVIE. That's it.

~Nikki

Genki Chan
12-07-2003, 09:31 PM
@__@ ...alright. thank you. that's what I had thought at first. But with all these rumors flying about, I was going insane...

you have saved .1% of that sanity now. now all I need is for someone to explain to me why furbys are popular, why math class isn't considered the sixth realm of hell, and how cloud's hair got like that and I'll be perfectly normal again. maybe.

Guts_Berserk
12-08-2003, 01:21 AM
well, first of all I don't think Furbys are popular anymore. 2nd math is the 6th realm of hell. 3rd I think Clouds hair was always like that its just a change in animation.

FlowersInMidgar
12-08-2003, 02:09 AM
well, first of all I don't think Furbys are popular anymore.

*"eeyaah~gasp!" Tosses Furby collection out window*
Well that's it, I got nothin' now. All this time I thought my Furbys' were cooler than 100 Fonzies in a snow storm, I was just a fool!
*runs home, crawls in the fetal position and, licks the Bible for strength.*

Guts_Berserk
12-08-2003, 03:01 PM
*"eeyaah~gasp!" Tosses Furby collection out window*
Well that's it, I got nothin' now. All this time I thought my Furbys' were cooler than 100 Fonzies in a snow storm, I was just a fool!
*runs home, crawls in the fetal position and, licks the Bible for strength.*

Oh... I'm sorry. Furbys are kinda popular. Its just that they scare me.

Genki Chan
12-09-2003, 12:53 AM
...they scare me too. but the kid I babysit lovs them. ..Anyway, that's off topic, so yeah... @.~

Guts_Berserk
12-09-2003, 05:29 PM
when I was on a plane my Furby ran out of batteries and was going crazy.I yelled "MY FURBYS POSESED"!

Serria
12-09-2003, 11:16 PM
*...has just read this page... only...* ...Furby... that sounds familier...

OH MY GOD I USED TO HAVE ONE OF THOSE! ... I ended up stuffing it in a shoebox and locking it in my closet...

Shadowlvr
12-10-2003, 12:13 AM
oh wow Seria i did the same thing! lol

It just wouldent shut up with the constant talking i tried breaking it but it kept going untill i stuffed it in a blanket and put it on the top shelf of my closet. I hope never to see it again lol.

Hey guts berserk i havent talked to you or seen you on cosplay for a while now! Welcome back!

If you wanna see some pics of the movie look at my Sig and Avatar. Look at Clouds Spiffy new look!

I think they sorta ruinned sephiroth in my oppinion i hope he looks better than what ive seen in some of the pics so far (i dont kno for sure if thats sephiroth with that dual bladded sword in my Sig.) But i have seen him and he has like dark deep set eyes and his bangs are no standing up. :'( I miss the old Sephiroth. Well im gunna say again i hope he turns out kewl in the movie!

FlowersInMidgar
12-10-2003, 12:55 AM
The last issue of Game Informer had a two page spread of AC. Including a chilling remake of the famous Sephiroth walking through flaming Nibelheim. Also a motorcycle chase and a battle between Seph and Cloud in front of the burned wreckage of Shinra HQ and Cloud standing on the beach. (sorry if this is common knowledge)

Mizuho
12-10-2003, 01:44 AM
Apparently, new footage of Advent Children is to be released with Final Fantasy X-2: Last Mission, which is coming out sometime before Spring, I believe? I wonder what kinds of new things we'll see in the new footage...

darknightdjing
12-10-2003, 12:43 PM
Ok people I stumbled upon this post today and I woul dlike to put my thoughts into it. Final Fantasy 7-2 is a sequel. From what I here this game is only for the Xbox and is a remake of it not a sequel. Becaue one of my friends got an xbox magazine and it say only for xbox but i could be wrong but he says the every characters back it its just a complete remake of the original to bring it up to todays graphics. Personal I like the graphics the way they were but I can live with it being better than they were. I would like to see it because I think it would bring a better aspect to the game and a lot better of a wow effect on people. To Bad i heard its only being made for the xbox. What I really want to see is Final fantasy 7 advent child thats the movie being made for Final Fantasy 7 well thats all i had to say.

Saiban
12-10-2003, 04:48 PM
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Shadowlvr
12-10-2003, 05:10 PM
darknightdjing <~~~~should have read posts.

Guts_Berserk
12-11-2003, 12:30 PM
Hey dude. Ya I haven't been on Cosplay.com for a while but oh well. I also know about the new ff7 movie FFVII:Advent Children, that is probobly coming out this time next on DVD and not going to be in theaters. In a previous post I wrote this:

Hi sry I'm late. I always knew they were going to make a FF7 movie before any of the other Final fantasies, I've been sayin' it for years but no one listened to me. Now the are making it. I CAN'T Belive it.

Just one thing, everyone I know says that silverhaired guy in the trailer is Sephiroth. I don't think so.

1st of all it looks nothing like the great one. Also in one scene in the trailer this Silver-Haired guy bows to a guy in a wheel chair, know everyone that has beaten the game knows that Sephiroth declaired himself a god right. Well do gods bow to people in wheel chairs...NO. I think this Silver haired guy is infact a Sephiroth clone and the guy in the wheel chair is Sephiroth. As we know Sephiroth was killed or mortaly wounded in the crater, afterwards the crater crumbled behind the highwind and out cam the lifestream(holy). I belive that Sephiroth fell into the lifestream. The lifestream has healing powers. Afterwards Sephiroth washed up on shore and it took him a while to recouperate(just like Cloud) thats why hes in the wheel chair. and when the silver haired guy touches the whel chair guys hand Sephiroth looks up and is surrounded by fire(This is obviosly Nibelhiem).

Well thats my theory its a long shot but this is what I have made from the trailer. Please let me know your theorys and/or facts. I know there is a site out therethat suposidly tells te facts but I have not found it.

also sry for changing the subject, I had to get this out of my system.

Shadowlvr
12-11-2003, 01:24 PM
Ok look this is Sephiroth on my Avatar he is the most bad ass dude ever but in this pic he just doesent look as kewl as in FF7 i think.

FlowersInMidgar
12-11-2003, 06:21 PM
???
Are you kidding? He looks great! In FF 7 He had almost no features half the time. He just looks like he would, if he were real. I think he looks jawsome! A total adbass.

I don't like his new double bladed Masamune though (I've never liked the concept, like back in the day, with Shatterstar of X-Force [Marvel Comics])

FlowersInMidgar
12-11-2003, 06:45 PM
In issue 127 November issue of Game Informer (Dead to Rights 2 cover)
There is a big 10 page Square-Enix story featuring 4 pages on AC.

and I quote:
"As of now, Square Soft is planning on re-releasing the original PSone Final Fantasy VII on the Playstation 2. No details have been given as to whether the game will feature any new content or upgrades in graphics and gameplay. We do know, however that Square-Enix hopes to include a bonus DVD featuring an hour-long CG movie dubbed Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children."

"Additionally, it is not known if this movie can play on regular DVD players or if it will only work on the Playstation 2. Square-Enix also didn't reveal if the DVD would be sold seperately."

..."The story in the movie takes place two years after the end of Final Fantasy VII. Some mysterious force is disturbing the peace." ...

"Square-Enix hasn't set a firm release date just yet, but is hoping for summer 2004 in Japan. The U.S. release will follow shortly thereafter."

Hope this helps, this is all tentative mind you, so everyone knows by now these things can change.

And yes, the guy in the movie is most likely a clone, the close up his face looks very little like Sephiroth and his hair is short.

Guts_Berserk
12-11-2003, 11:10 PM
ok it is not a double bladed masume. Masumes are at least 6 foot long. It is a double bladed katana.

Also I do like Sephiroths new look but not as much as the old one. In FFVII his bangs stick out about 4 in. and that look cooler than
$#!&. Also his eyes were cooler in the first. And lets not forget in Advent Children when you get a closeup of Sephiroth he looks like he desperatly needs some skin lotion.

FlowersInMidgar
12-11-2003, 11:20 PM
Actually the sword named "Masamune" (after the swordmaker and, a staple in FF) is called a No Dachi which, can be 5-7' long.

Yuna-X2
12-12-2003, 12:23 AM
..."The story in the movie takes place two years after the end of Final Fantasy VII. Some mysterious force is disturbing the peace."

*ponders* It seems 2 years later is a safe time for Square to do sequals. Isn't that when FFX2 takes place?

Shadowlvr
12-12-2003, 12:29 AM
OK Ive heared so many diffrent things on the FF Advent children from game magazines that im not gunna believe alot of it when you boil them all down they all say that theres gunna be a dvd. When you said That Game Informer said that there gunna be a remake of the game (flowersinmidgar) Thats the first thing ive read that says that. so im sticking with the conseption of a dvd untill i hear some more info on this lol just to play it safe. My example of this same thing and my reason to why im trying not to stick with rumers is how the PsP ended up looking after how many magazines all had there versions looked all similar and then once they got to see the finished product it looked NOTHING like what all the magazines thought. lol theres my lil tid bit right there lol.

FlowersInMidgar
12-12-2003, 12:44 AM
It's not a remake, just a re-release. Mags are wrong allot however, so take it as you will (remember what everyone thought about Chaos Legion, Devil May Cry 2, and Enter the Matrix [heck, anything by Infogrames] BEFORE they came out?)

Shadowlvr
12-12-2003, 10:33 AM
I liked Chaos Legion U__U But the other 2 im with you on.

little_king
12-12-2003, 08:10 PM
whoa 2 pages is to long, feel sorry for the people who just tuned in and have to ready all the other ones, anyway

Im with you shadowlvr, you can never really trust anything you hear on the net and sometimes in mags, but its better to trust them then anything els, so far 2 mag say that ac will be reliesed on the ps2 and/orxbox platform. i guess its to early to trust anymag but its always nice fore hope right?

i cant remember the name of the person but he/she said there theory for sephiroth, i dont think its a longshot, because you never really kill sephiroth, you only kill the angle part of him and the part of him that was in clouds mind. and for this short haird dued, i also think hes a clone but not of one of the originar that sephiroth killed on the mountain at the reunion. or hi might not of made it. because the "clones" of sephiroth were just soldiers injected with jenova cells, o if this guy is fighting cloud then he has to be a clone. but ouldnt he be killed at the reunion like all the others??? adn whats this about a double bladed masamune, the masamune was just the legendary sword that was in japanise myth or something, it cant be the masamune if you think about it, can it?

Serria
12-12-2003, 08:16 PM
I'm really nervous about Advent Children being a sequal... especially with Sephy in it. I think that there's potential for MAJOR messing up and dragging on, not to mention ruining the interpretation each gamer has for the ending.

And I don't think Sephy looks as hot as he did in the game. Realistic, yeah. But not all that hot. Just evil. It's disappointing but...

I'm also really excited. I'll watch it ten times at least, even if it sucks.

little_king
12-12-2003, 08:32 PM
the movie cant be that bad, they took the old crew from ff7 to help make the movie, so its not going tobe as bad as some people might expect, all i hope is that they tell what happends to all the other characters in the movie and what happends between cloud and tifa, its kinda obvious that something will go n espesialy after the rock sceen, you know ware cloud wakes tifa up at dawn then she says "Just a little longer...a little bit longer...this day will never some again...so let me have this moment..." then they both fall asleep again and then you see them on the airship and he says that he'll do anything to save the planet as long as shes there with him. yeah that part, well i just hope tifas in it, i just want to know what happends

Shadowlvr
12-12-2003, 10:31 PM
lol this is how i would like the ending to be like well just the fight at least lol.

Ya kno one thing i just hought about that sorta ticks me off. In the original FF7 you never really face Janova just diffrent lil boss battles peiced together with her. I would like to see Clous kick Janova's ass in this movie and make Janova look very kewl like some very evil women. (like Edea from FFVIII) I mean if Janova is what created Sephiroth and all these monsters and such why isnt it like some huge ass boss lol

Dont try to find Depth in what i just wrote its just me typing what im thinking lol.

Shadowlvr
12-12-2003, 10:33 PM
lol i have top go against you there because i think clous "loved" Areis and he doesent want anyone else! XD

little_king
12-12-2003, 11:08 PM
oh well we all have our differant oppinions right? i honestly dont know what would happen, but aerith died so i guess that would mean that thed prob be together and there wasent any sign of who cloud liked until dawn rock sceen,
it didnt leave us any clues. and alot of people said that cloud and aerith would be in love because they were conpatible, which means they would like each other, but you never know, he could of liked her like a sister or something, same thing with tifa. i just hope they give closer on that, because there are alot of people who would cuss me out just for thinking that. you know who im talking bout right. but most of the time they didnt really understand the story like i think me and you did. well yeah. oh thanks for not cussing at me for "thinking Incorectly".

Shadowlvr
12-13-2003, 01:29 AM
lol people would cuss you out on something like that HAH lol i would cuss them out back saying how dumb they are for getting mad over such a small topic like that.

little_king
12-13-2003, 12:44 PM
i would like to but then they would just talk to me some more about the subject and i really dont want to hear it. so i quietly laugh at them in my brain and thik how sad they are because they (like you said) are getting mad about the topic which dosent really matter anyway. but if i just want to piss thrm off il say something clever back and then the laughing fest starts.

FlowersInMidgar
12-13-2003, 11:24 PM
I remember when 7 came out and all the stupid rumors of the ressurection Aerith thing were flying about like so many video game urban legends. Square has always said she died for a reason and, that reason is Tifa. They were meant to be together (despite how much I personally like Aerith, check my SN) Her's was a different destiny, not unlike Tidus'. Aerith essencially died to bring the two together (from a story writing point of view, regardless of how in love Aerith and Cloud may have seemed.) Really I don't see where the confusion is, it was pretty straight forward.

little_king
12-13-2003, 11:33 PM
I remember when 7 came out and all the stupid rumors of the ressurection Aerith thing were flying about like so many video game urban legends. Square has always said she died for a reason and, that reason is Tifa. They were meant to be together (despite how much I personally like Aerith, check my SN) Her's was a different destiny, not unlike Tidus'. Aerith essencially died to bring the two together (from a story writing point of view, regardless of how in love Aerith and Cloud may have seemed.) Really I don't see where the confusion is, it was pretty straight forward.

Yeah thats how i feel, but try telling that to all those other peole who think the other way and think this is the biggest topic in the world. and if you have. i feel you pain. but you have to admit, even thoe aerith was kik ass. what would the game be like if she haddint died or whe was reserected?

little_king
12-14-2003, 05:58 PM
come to think of it, what would the game be like if Zack didn't die or could be reserected?

ViralCookie
12-14-2003, 06:26 PM
If Zack didn't die/was resurrected *before Aerith's death*:

Zack might find Aerith again just in time. They'd have a sweet moment to reminisce(sp?) and such. At the end of first disc, when Aerith is attacked, Zack could come to the rescue; distract Sephiroth and help Cloud fight JENOVA's control that would've made Cloud Aerith's murderer.

When Zack approached Cloud, Cloud would probably remember more things clearly - perhaps even against the will of JENOVA that coexists with his mind. Instead of fixing his past with Tifa as a vegetable when he got Mako poisoning... Zack, Cloud, and Tifa would return to Nibelheim to put the puzzle back together.

Tifa would be less confused with Cloud's idea of the past, and Cloud would be able to have a little peace of mind about at least one thing. Then the story would move on as it did with Tifa building a less obscure relationship with Cloud since she wouldn't be so confused anymore and Cloud wouldn't be as afraid of not being able to impress her.

Back to the main story.

I always thought that when Aerith returned to the Lifestream, she would be hunting for her long lost love, Zack. It was the only place left for her to look, and that would be where they'd be reunited.

FlowersInMidgar
12-14-2003, 09:27 PM
When Aerith died she finally got her fondest wish (see beginning of game).
She "became" the flowers in Midgar. She used her energy to defy Midgar's cold machanical nature and at the end after the camera pans out to see a flower covered Midgar, you see Aerith's smiling face and know where her spirit energy went.

tristasusen
12-14-2003, 11:05 PM
HOW CUTE!!!!! i like your screename FlowersInMidgar

Shadowlvr
12-14-2003, 11:53 PM
When Aerith died she finally got her fondest wish (see beginning of game).
She "became" the flowers in Midgar. She used her energy to defy Midgar's cold machanical nature and at the end after the camera pans out to see a flower covered Midgar, you see Aerith's smiling face and know where her spirit energy went.

Ya kno i never thought about that!

little_king
12-15-2003, 12:33 AM
If Zack didn't die/was resurrected *before Aerith's death*:

Zack might find Aerith again just in time. They'd have a sweet moment to reminisce(sp?) and such. At the end of first disc, when Aerith is attacked, Zack could come to the rescue; distract Sephiroth and help Cloud fight JENOVA's control that would've made Cloud Aerith's murderer.

When Zack approached Cloud, Cloud would probably remember more things clearly - perhaps even against the will of JENOVA that coexists with his mind. Instead of fixing his past with Tifa as a vegetable when he got Mako poisoning... Zack, Cloud, and Tifa would return to Nibelheim to put the puzzle back together.

Tifa would be less confused with Cloud's idea of the past, and Cloud would be able to have a little peace of mind about at least one thing. Then the story would move on as it did with Tifa building a less obscure relationship with Cloud since she wouldn't be so confused anymore and Cloud wouldn't be as afraid of not being able to impress her.

Back to the main story.

I always thought that when Aerith returned to the Lifestream, she would be hunting for her long lost love, Zack. It was the only place left for her to look, and that would be where they'd be reunited.

Thats brilliant man