PDA

View Full Version : My first con!

Kurayami
03-28-2004, 07:37 PM
I'm so excited, this is going to be my first convention ever. I'm only going for 2 days though. Am I going to be able to see and do everything, and what should I do first?

Adara
03-28-2004, 08:34 PM
Well, you wont be able to see and do everything, since there are different events on each day. What you do first is your own preference--if something is going on that you like when you first get there, go do that. There will probably be an events schedule posted on the AnimeNext site as it gets closer to the con.

TheAnarCHris
03-29-2004, 01:39 PM
Congrads ^_^. And relax, just as long as u hit aN on a saturday, ull see the bestest stuff then.

Goggle
04-03-2004, 04:56 PM
What a coincidence - that will be my first time too! Maybe we'll see each other or something (and if my friends go along we'll be pretty easy to spot - a group of generic Final Fantasy characters).

A question to the con veterans: do you know how far before the con do they tell the schedule of what's going on at what time? My dad wants to know exactly how long I'll/we'll be staying there.

Kanna-chan
04-03-2004, 09:16 PM
It's my first con as well, as well as first cosplay! (Tho I'll probably only be a hall cosplayer, and maybe enter the craftsmanship contest if it turns out good enough...) I'm so excited.

Like everyone said, staying on Saturday is pretty much a must. All the main events and stuff happen on Saturday. Friday's good too, because everyone's active. I've heard people'd probably be dreary and sleep-deprived by Sunday.

XShuichiX
04-03-2004, 09:58 PM
hehe its my first con also and my first time cosplaying. i am luckily going for 3 days...at first i was going for only two but now 3! ^_^. cant miss me( ill be the hyper Hiro with a Jin Kazama and a Ryuichi.) i am so exicted! my first con!

Kanna-chan
04-04-2004, 01:55 PM
I'm going on Friday and Saturday because my dad says I can only go two days.

I'm pretty hard to miss as well. I'll be the dazed Misao wandering around with a rather short (meaning, half a foot shorter than me) Kenshin. xD

StarDustShadow
04-04-2004, 02:37 PM
Congrats to all first time con-goers! Next2003 last year was my first con, and it's a great one to start out at. I went to Tekkoshocon a few weeks ago, and i'll be at Next04 as Summoner YUna and Hiei-chan. Lol, anyhoo, here's a small bit of advice i can offer for first time con-goers:

1. If possible, GET A ROOM IN THE HOTEL! You may not think it, but it really helps to be able to bounce back and forth, plus, your 'rents can retire as the late hours come around if you wanna go do something late (i.e. see the Yaoi or Yuri if you're into it and above age--it's often shown LATE LATE, lol, though i'm not a Yaoi fan, or go to the dance Saturday night--it goes ALL night, and being able to stop in your room for a few minutes for water or something really helps)

2. Wear comfy shoes! You'll be walking around a ton, and uncomfy shoes will result in bleeding and bruised toes (trust me--i was Hiei last year at the con, his boots hurt after a while) if you're determined to wear uncomfy but identical to the character's, bring sneakers or comfy sandles for later in the day.

3. Make a list for the dealer's room. Lol, too often you hit the dealer's room (especially first time con-goers) and buy something cool at the first table you see, then not have the money for something even cooler at the next table >_<

and of course, HAVE FUN! Totally bust loose and forget ANYTHING and EVERYTHING that may be troubling you, and don't be embarrassed to glomp random people if it pleases you so, and bring lots of film!

Saturday is definitely the time to be there, most of the best stuff happens then (cosplay masquerade, the dance, etc) Can't wait to see ya guys there!

*~Yunie~*

Icy
04-17-2004, 12:58 PM
*panics* The baaf got cancelled (Which WAS going to be my first convention) I guess I ll come to this one ^_____^, question (icy is clueless) do you have to "register" for the convention before you go? or is there somesort of ticket/buying/thing at the hotel?

la_belle
04-17-2004, 01:26 PM
you preregister and you get to pick up your badge when you get to the convention

www.animenext.org to preregister

you can also register at the site on the day of the con but its gonna cost more
have fun :square:

Zetchi
04-25-2004, 11:55 AM
Haha BAAF was my first anime con. I was so excited ( along with my friend ). We tooks pictures of other cosplays, went into the dealers room, watched some anime. But mainly walked around and took in the sites. It's was awesome. I think you'll like it a lot for your time. But I don't know how Anime Next works because this will be my first time going there..

Mew_Pudding
04-28-2004, 08:38 PM
AnimeNEXT `03 was my first con, I went as Makimachi Misao, and it was so fun. Last year I was too excited to really do anything, I didn`t really see any panels or anything but, I glomped lotsa people and I think thats the important thing. ^^ But, make sure you see the masquerade. o.o;; `Specially `cuz I`m going to be in it. ^^;

GiantSatanRobo
04-28-2004, 09:10 PM
The first con I went to was BAAF all the way back in '01 when it was in about four rooms of this hotel up near Central Park. AN is a good one for a first con, though. A bigger one might be a little overwhelming.

nexgenjetta
04-28-2004, 09:31 PM
this would be my first con u think 1 day there isn't enough. i was planing on driving up early and driving home later that night, or should i just rent a room. also what type of events are there.

DemonMisery
04-29-2004, 01:56 PM
Skip the whole coincedence thing! This is fate! This is going to be my first convention cosplay thingy and I have no clue what's going to happen! Please if you see a wandering Aisha Klan-Klan looking around all confused help her. For she is me! I need all the help I can get! I'll be there Saturday and Sunday. Hope to see you there!

GiantSatanRobo
04-29-2004, 09:30 PM
That's a fairly ambitious project for your first cosplay. It'll be awesome if you can pull it off, though.

bright_Zanya
04-29-2004, 10:39 PM
I feel so excited too.... > <

Genki Chan
04-29-2004, 10:50 PM
Wow! So many new people! Great! XD

Hey, no worries! There will be a ton to do and you can fit in as much as you want (or can handle)! I've never seen anything but warm reactions from everyone at cons for effort put into costumes, and the fans there are always ready to strike up a conversation or point you in the right direction.

nexgenjetta: If you're more then 45 minute away I'd say rent a room. Otherwise drive! And there are all kinds of events. AMV's, cosplay, anime panels, workshops, things to do with Japanese culture and of course, the guests. If you go to the Anime Next site before a little the con they should upload a tentative schedule.

nexgenjetta
05-01-2004, 04:02 PM
thanks i think i/m probably just gana rent a room then