PDA

View Full Version : Aerith or Tifa?

Miyu
11-17-2002, 04:24 PM
I am so confused by this...I hear different things all the time...so who did Cloud REALLY like in FF7? Or was he just pimpin' both of them? :P lol

Yuna
11-17-2002, 04:34 PM
BOTH >D

Adella
11-17-2002, 04:35 PM
Tifa. o.o; It was so obvious. Besides I'm dead, so the logical choice is Tifa.

Miyu
11-17-2002, 04:39 PM
necrophelia anyone? XD hahahahhaha

Studmaster
11-17-2002, 04:43 PM
I would think he would choose Tifa in the end, Aeris and him had more of a childhood or High School Lovers relationship, where they were compaitble, but not destined.

But if I was to be a pervert...He slept with both. :cool: :D

psythe
11-17-2002, 04:46 PM
If I remember right , you could steer Cloud in either direction....something I have yet to see in any other FF game.

But Aeris has a good point, she's kinda six feet under.

Celine
11-17-2002, 04:46 PM
Err... so I haven't played the game in forever, but I don't remember Cloud acting particularly romantic towards either of them. At the beginning, he could be friendly with Aeris, but that was player directed and therefore not set in stone, since you could just as easily be mean to her. Tifa seems like the logical choice to me, given all that she does for him (lifestream and all that), but I really don't recall him reciprocating her affections. ^^

Michi
11-17-2002, 04:49 PM
Yeah. Aerith never really seemed interested in Cloud that way, at least not as strongly as Tifa showed..
Aeris, erm, board Aeris *points* has told me great points about it. *noddle nod*

..Miyu-oneechan is dirty. :P

Miyu
11-17-2002, 04:53 PM
I just say what everyone is thinking, Imouto-chaaaaan. XP hehehe

Alaria
11-17-2002, 05:04 PM
ara, Aeris loved Zack, and saw the parts of Zack that Cloud had adopted, whereas Tifa loved Cloud for Cloud. Once Aerith was able to distinguish the two, I think it was more close friendship...

Adella
11-18-2002, 12:36 AM
www.tifalockheart.com/tifaaeris.jpg <--the real thing

thats how the couplings should be. the living people, and the dead people. Anyway, CloTi is the way to go *-*

Sirami
11-18-2002, 01:02 AM
Hey, anybody remember if Zack died? I know that Sepheroth knocked him back before stabbing Cloud, but did he die?

I don't believe in Heaven, but for those of you that do, you can picture a happy Aris and Zack in poofy clouds (no pun intended).

Alaria
11-18-2002, 01:23 AM
yesh, Zack was shot repeatedly my Shinra soldiers....
poor Aeris O_o

psythe
11-18-2002, 07:11 AM
*applauds last 4 posts for explaining it*

I feel rather lame for not having put that together....

Alaria
11-18-2002, 02:45 PM
I put this in the wrong thread originally O_o too many screens up at once....
I like Aeris' pic alot because it emphasized the friendship between Tifa and Aeris as well as between Cloud and Zack, which I think alot of people tend to forget and then create this really messy love triangle pitting the two girls against each other, when in reality I don't think they'd have ever fought over him

SohjiroX
11-18-2002, 02:52 PM
Both but I could say Yuffie a bit....cant I?

MordSith
11-18-2002, 03:10 PM
i thought it was pretty dumb if you could choose. because when aerith died, it made less sense for cloud to be depressed if he didn't love her...it had less meaning. PLUS after aerith's death, NOTHING happened between cloud & tifa. so if you chose tifa... didn't matter that aerith died.

one of the points of aerith's death is to shock cloud from his shell of apathy, and it was a bit more meaningful if he actually loved her. you know, i think they could have improved aerith's character overall. i think she knew that she was going to die, what with the whispers of the ancients in her mind. the way they describe her, as being more interested in the love triangle...makes he less credible. a lot of people didn't like her; thought she was a total moron and a ditz. but i've gone off on a tangent. in the event i write the screenplay of ff7, be assured she'll have a better functioning brain.

Alaria
11-18-2002, 03:16 PM
Mordsith:lol, I dunno, that nite on the rocks when everyone else is watching from the airship was certainly something, although it varied according to you how you treated Tifa ;) And after Tifa stays and helps Cloud through his coma-like introversion, there seems to be several more connections between them...can't remember the exact script though. And I do think Cloud love Aeris, just in a different way than Tifa....his love for Aeris was more a spirtual, platonic frienship I think

Adella
11-18-2002, 08:17 PM
I think I should post the script of the airship. Nothing happened between Cloud and Tifa? My foot. MY CETRA FOOT.

My friend wrote this, and I agree with her 100%

A lot of people think Cloud and Aerith are in love. Even more people think Cloud and Tifa are in love. And some people even think Cloud and Sephiroth are in love... but... I won't go into that.
Aerith and Cloud are not in love. I'm not saying Tifa and Cloud ARE, I'm just saying Cloud and Aerith are NOT. If you play the game with an unbiased attitude, it's clear to see that Cloud and Aerith didn't exactly fall in love at first sight. When they first met, Aerith tried to sell Cloud a flower. Cloud (depending on what response you choose) either takes pity on her and buys one or ignores her altogther. When they encounter each other again (in the church) Aerith asks Cloud to be her bodyguard, and you can tell he really doesn't want to, but he does it anyway.

During Cloud's flashback, his mother says, "I think you need an older girlfriend, one that will take care of you." And guess what Cloud says? "I'm not interested."

If you get Aerith for the "date" scene at the Gold Saucer, notice how Cloud isn't exactly jumping for joy at the chance to go out with her. Cloud was indifferent towards Tifa as well, but I think having a love life was the last thing on Cloud's mind at the time; he was more concerned with finding himself. Besides that, who you get for the date is determined by the female character you are nicest to. If you ignore Aerith and Tifa, you'll go with Yuffie. If Aerith is your favorite character and you put her in your party a lot, well, of course you'll get to date her; it has nothing to do with whether Cloud loves her or not.

Aerith's old boyfriend was Zack, who broke her heart some time ago. When she saw Cloud, she saw some part of Zack in him. She even mentions that Cloud looks like someone she used to know. Aerith obviously didn't love Cloud for himself at first. He reminded her so much of Zack, and she was clearly in love with the "Zack" in Cloud. It's also easy to see that Cloud doesn't return her affections. Everything he does to be nice to Aerith (agreeing to be her bodyguard, going on the date with her) is because he doesn't want to hurt her feelings, because she was his FRIEND.

In the Temple of the Ancients, Cait Sith says Cloud and Aerith's stars match up perfectly. A lot of the Aerith+Cloud supporters take this prediction so seriously, and it's been brought up many times during debate. But let me ask you something do you believe everything Cait Sith says? All throughout the game, he told stupid fortunes and double-crossed everyone. Perhaps he was just saying this to humor Aerith. And he then says, "poor Tifa"... so even Cait Sith had a feeling that Cloud and Tifa had a strong bond. And since he doesn't predict Cloud and Tifa's romantic compatibility who knows? Maybe Tifa and Cloud had perfectly matching stars, too. Cait Sith also says in his predition, "you will lose something dear", referring to Aerith but it does not automatically mean romantic love. Aerith was dear to everyone in FF7; they all loved her as a friend.

When Aerith dies, you don't see Cloud kiss her or say how much he loved her or anything. He simply lays her body to rest like he would a fellow soldier or friend. If someone I loved had been slaughtered right in front of my eyes, I would at least kiss them goodbye. And after she's dead, he does mention her when talking about their mission, but he doesn't obsess over her like he would if he was in love with her. And if he was in love with her, he wouldn't have spent that night sleeping next to Tifa. Cloud, after his night alone with Tifa, then says to everyone back on the Highwind: "We have to put Aerith's memories behind us." With Tifa's help, Cloud had broken out of his depression and anger over losing Aerith.

Someone mentioned that there was a commercial for FF7 showing Cloud laying Aerith to rest with the words "A love that could never be..." But that does not automatically mean Cloud and Aerith were in love. It might be referring to the fact that Aerith fell in love with Cloud and then died, meaning their love could never be since she died before any resemblance of a relationship developed between them. This is actually a good argument against the Aerith+Cloud pairing, since the commerical plainly says "a love that COULD NEVER BE." Cloud and Aerith were never supposed to be together.

I've heard the lamest reasons for why Cloud and Aerith should be together. Things like, "The first syllable of Aerith's name is 'Air', and air goes with clouds." Give me a break. Names have nothing to do with falling in love. I'm sorry, that's just stupid. And then they say that Aerith and Cloud are in love because they appear in Final Fantasy Tactics. That's a whole different game. And they weren't in love in that game, either.

If Cloud and Aerith were really meant to be together, and it was that important, I would think there would be a way to revive Aerith. The creator of Final Fantasy VII said in an interview that Aerith was supposed to die. When FF7 was in planning, the creator's mother died, so he added Aerith's death into the game to reflect that. There was never a way to revive her ever planned despite what the rumors say. So, if there was never a way to revive her, she obviously wasn't meant to have a love interest with Cloud or anyone. And I would also think that if Cloud and Aerith were in love, they would have had at least one romantic moment. The date doesn't really count, because Aerith wasn't the only character you could get. I guess the only people who know for sure are those masterminds at SquareSoft. Only they could create such controversy over three video game characters. But notice how they never specifically indicate that Cloud and Tifa are together, either. I think they left the game open-ended for a reason. They wanted the fans to decide for themselves.

And before you flame me I do not "hate" Aerith. She is a great character in her own way, and had her part in Final Fantasy VII. She was a very important character. I'm not trying to say Cloud hates her; just that he was not in love with her. I'm not trying to say Cloud is in love with Tifa, ALTHOUGH, in my opinion, there is more evidence that he is romantically involved with Tifa. This editorial is purely my thoughts on the facts presented in FF7, but if you disagree, that's fine. Personally, I think Aerith+Zack are the logical couple, since they are both in the Lifestream, and Tifa+Cloud are the logical couple because they are both alive.

Adella
11-18-2002, 08:24 PM
Aside from the fact that Cloud wasn't even himself when he knew Aeris....

Here is the dialogue from the Highwind Scene.

CLOUD
"What are you going to do, Tifa?"

(She turns to him)

TIFA
"Did you forget?"
"I'm... all alone. I don't have anywhere to go."

(The scene fades out, then in to show Cloud and Tifa on a grassy hill. Tifa stands close to the camera, looking past the player. Cloud is behind her, staring in another direction. The Highwind hovers above. The only sound is that of the wind.)

TIFA
"Everyone's gone..."

CLOUD
"Yeah, we don't have anywhere or anyone to go home to."

(She looks down.)

TIFA
"You're right..."

(A pause. She looks up and straightens her hair with one hand.)

TIFA
"But... I'm sure someday... they'll come back, don't you think?"

(He crosses his arms)

CLOUD
"Hmm... I wonder...?"
"Everyone has an irreplaceable something they're holding on to..."
"But this time, our opponent..."

(A long pause. The sound of the wind fades. Tifa nods)

TIFA
"Hmm... But that's all right, even if no one comes back."
"As long as I'm with you... As long as you're by my side... I won't give up even if I'm scared."

(He uncrosses his arms and looks at Tifa.)

CLOUD
"...... Tifa......"

(She moves her arms behind her.)

TIFA
"No matter how close we are... We were far apart... before this."
"But when we were in the Lifestream surrounded by all those screams of anguish, I thought I heard your voice..."

(She closes her eyes, crying softly. Her arms fall to her sides and she bows her head.)

TIFA
"...sniff... you probably don't remember this..."
"But deep in my heart I heard you calling my name... Or at least I thought I did..."

(Cloud looks away and puts a hand to his face)

CLOUD
"Yeah... At that time I heard you calling me."
"You were calling me back in from the stream of consciousness in the Lifestream."

(He lowers his hand. He nods)

CLOUD
"After all, I promised. That if anything were to ever happen to you, I would come to help."

(Tifa opens her eyes and looks up.)

TIFA
"Cloud...? Do you think the stars can hear us?"

(She gazes off to one side)

TIFA
"Do you think they see how hard we're fighting for them?"

(Cloud looks up at the sky.)

CLOUD
"I dunno... But..."
"Whether they are or not, we still have to do what we can. And believe in ourselves..."
"Someday we'll find the answer. Right, Tifa?"
"That's what I learned from you when I was in the Lifestream."

(She nods)

TIFA
"Yeah...... that's right..."

(Cloud stares off into the distance. He turns away from her slightly and lowers his head.)

CLOUD
"Hey, Tifa...... I...... There are a lot of things I wanted to talk to you about."

(He shakes his head slowly.)

CLOUD
"But now that we're together like this, I don't know what I really wanted to say..."
"I guess nothing's changed at all... Kind of makes you want to laugh..."

(Tifa shakes her head)

TIFA
"Cloud... Words aren't the only thing that tell people what you're thinking..."
(Cloud looks at her. She continues to stare past the player, into space. She straightens her hair again with one hand.)

CLOUD
"............"

(She closes her eyes. The camera pans up, past her, to the sky, as the scene fades to black.)

************NEXT SCENE************

(The scene fades in once more to the grassy hill. It is still mostly dark out, but the hint of a sun is glowing beyond the horizon. Cloud and Tifa are seated on a small rise in the ground. Tifa is resting her head on his shoulder; both are dozing. Cloud lifts his head slightly.)

CLOUD
"............It's almost dawn..."

TIFA
"H, huh...?"

(He lifts his head further, just enough so that he can look at her.)

CLOUD
"Sorry. Did I wake you...? It's almost dawn, Tifa."

(She lifts her head off his shoulder and looks around sleepily.)

TIFA
"Umm... G, good morning... Cloud."
"Give me a little longer... Just a little bit longer..."
(She rests his head on his shoulder again.)

TIFA
"This day will never come again... So let me have this moment..."

(He nods)

CLOUD
"Yeah... okay."

(He lowers his head again.)

CLOUD
"This is probably the last time we'll have together......"

(The scene fades to black.)

************NEXT SCENE************

(The scene fades in to show the Highwind hovering in the bright morning sky. The camera pans back down to the hill. Cloud is still sitting down; Tifa has risen and is gazing up at the Highwind, her hands behind her back. After a few moments, she drops her hands and shakes her head.)

TIFA
"............"

(Cloud stands.)

CLOUD
"We'd better go."

(She turns to him and makes a pleading gesture.)

TIFA
"But, I still...!?"

(He turns to face her, shaking his head.)

CLOUD
"It's all right, Tifa. You said so yourself yesterday."
"At least we don't have to go on alone."
(A pause. Tifa nods)

TIFA
"Yes... That's right!"

(He nods)

CLOUD
"Okay! Let's go!"

(They walk together toward the Highwind. It begins to lower to the ground as the scene fades. It fades back in to show the walkway to the bridge. Tifa is following Cloud there.)

TIFA
"The airship is too big for just the two of us."
"Yeah, it's a little lonely without everyone."

(Cloud turns around to face her.)

CLOUD
"Don't worry. It'll be okay."

(He does his squat-thrusts.)

CLOUD
"I'll make a big enough ruckus for everyone."

(He stops and straightens his hair.)

CLOUD
"Besides, I'm the pilot."
"No more flying around casually like before."
"We won't have time to feel lonely."

(She nods. A long pause. Suddenly, the entire Highwind shakes as the engines fire up.)

TIFA
"Huh!?"

(She looks around.)

CLOUD
"It's moving......"

(They dash to the bridge. They find Cait Sith dozing in one corner. They run past him and find Barret and Cid working with the pilot's controls.)

CLOUD
"Barret! Cid!"

(Barret turns and looks at Cloud, then at Tifa, then back to Cloud)

BARRET
"O, oh...... is that okay with you?"

(Red XIII runs up to them from offscreen.)

CLOUD
"Red XIII!"

(Cloud and Tifa look back to Barret.)

TIFA
"Why didn't you tell me!?"

(Red XIII looks at Cid, who still is operating the controls.)

RED XIII
"But, you know, Cid."

(He looks at Cloud. Cid leaves the controls and stares at Red XIII.)

CID
"Hey, Red XIII."
"If you butt in now, you never know what they'll say later......"

TIFA
"......Were you watching?"

(They watch her as she runs away, clutches her head and falls to the floor in embarrassment. Vincent enters the bridge. All except Tifa turn to see him enter.)

Anyone who isn't in denial will realize that they are implying something with this scene. GET IT?

Alaria
11-18-2002, 09:11 PM
oro, thank you Aeris!!! I LOVE that scene! ....I got teary reading it.....::::::wishes she could replay it:::::

Tifa
11-18-2002, 09:56 PM
Wow, I've never seen so many people for Tifa... Everywhere I go, everyone says Aeris and Cloud all the way (I think just because Aeris is seemingly the main female character). In my opinion, it could happen either way; I don't actually care, but I'd just prefer Tifa and Cloud together because it makes more sense and they know eachother inside and out from their childhood (or at least that's just the impression I get from their behavior towards eachother). They also have more of a friendly interaction with eachother, which I think Cloud prefers in a girl. Well, that's just my opinion...

Adella
11-18-2002, 10:05 PM
I always found Tifa to be the main female. Some people like the whole "tragic girl dies" love story where the girl dies and the guy is sad. I don't find anything romantic about someone dying on their lover. And Cloud really didn't show much interest in her other than a close friend anyway.

Tifa
11-18-2002, 10:22 PM
The only reason I feel Aeris was the main character is because she had a lot to do with the story (unlike Tifa, Rinoa, Garnet, and almost Yuna at times when everything was focusing on Tidus and his decisions). The story would definately be nothing if one of the elements in her life were missing, such as being an ancient, knowing it, or her importance to finding the promised land. Anyway, that's what I define as a main character; not whoever is in love with the leading male.

Adella
11-18-2002, 11:12 PM
Well considering the story based around Tifa and Cloud's memories, Tifa was featured in the entire game, Tifa pulled Cloud out of his state of mind, Cloud was in love with Tifa forever, you see Tifa more, and Aeris is only in the first disc, dies, and you just see her face in the ending, I'd say Tifa is the main character. The only part of the story that had to do with Aeris was all the cetraness and her death.

Death does not equal main characterism.

Something Lulu
11-19-2002, 02:49 AM
The argument Aeris posted is so inclusive, I don't know how anyone could argue with that. I'm actually surprised by all the people out there who consider Aeris the main female of FF7 or who support the "love" of Cloud and Aeris and dismiss Tifa. I think it's because when I played FF7 with all of my friends (waaaay back in the day) we never even questioned it. We were all fans of Tifa and knew that she and Cloud had something going on, and we thought it was cute. It never even occurred to us that there was something between Cloud and Aeris. We knew she liked him, but she died and she was kind of annoying anyway.

Aeris, thank you for posting that scene. It brings back nice memories... I don't know how anyone could argue with that, either. (btw, i checked out your Tifa site...very nice! she needs some recognition!)

Michi
11-19-2002, 03:23 AM
I love that Real Thing fanart. :3 How true. Two pairs of friends, two cute couples... Wee!

Bell-chan
11-21-2002, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by Tifa
Wow, I've never seen so many people for Tifa... Everywhere I go, everyone says Aeris and Cloud all the way (I think just because Aeris is seemingly the main female character). Before I played FFVII, (which was quite recent, mind you) the game had been well-established among the gaming community, and from the people I spoke to, they made it seem as if Aeris was the main character/had the Cloud relationship thing...So, when playing a game I had this information floating in my brain, half-expecting the story as it was told to me (I hate it when people tell me the story, especially incorrectly -_- darn spoilers...). I was confused through most of the game; I need to learn how to shut out stuff when I haven't seen/read/played it. >_< I personally loved Tifa's character much more (not to say I hate Aeris or anything) and I thought it made more sense for Tifa to be with Cloud. (The whole cute promise-at-the-well scene showed that they had a longer connection with each other, and Tifa obviously loves Cloud.) I felt like I was one of the few people to love Tifa over Aeris. But it's nice to know there are so many Tifa supporters!!
Aeris: I love your Tifa site! XD

Adella
11-21-2002, 04:02 AM
Yes! Thank you! ^_^ I'm so glad you like the site! I put my heart and love into it. I think I'm one of the few "Aerises" and Aeris obsessors/lovers that are pro clo-ti and pro Tifa. I love Aeris AND Tifa.

Tifa
11-21-2002, 06:38 PM
Heheh, you're the only one I know like that. 'Course that's a good thing =^^= By the way, I love you Tifa site, too. The layout and content is awesome.

Tifa
11-24-2002, 01:09 PM
Ney, yesterday, I was watching the end of my friend's Kingdom Hearts game and...I'm pretty confused. You know how Cloud said he was "looking for someone?" I automatically thought it was Sephiroth, and they were connected in the game some how. After all, Sephi has the other wing of Cloud, or the other way around..whatever... But in the credits, Cloud meets up with Aeris and looks sorta embarassed or something, and Aeris makes a really friendly guesture. I mean, I guess it could just be a friendship issue, but I found it kinda weird after all this near agreement that Cloud loved Tifa..why couldn't he be looking for her?

Sakura
11-24-2002, 02:36 PM
Aeris was perfect for Cloud! I absolutely abhor Sephiroth for killing her... the story could have been just as good with her alive with a few modifications...

Archelon
08-18-2003, 03:28 PM
Don't forget, Cloud could have gone on a date with Yuffie or even, though I shudder to think about it, Barret at the Gold Saucer.

Demri
08-18-2003, 08:28 PM
I like Aeris a lot, too... Every time I get to the point in the game where Sephiroth kills her (I guess I can include that spoiler since it's already been mentioned, right?), I get a little teary-eyed. Does anyone know where I can find the Barret date to download it? I've seen the others, but I haven't come across that one yet...

East&WestGaijin
08-18-2003, 10:26 PM
Kenney: If you ask me, Cloud saw Aeris as a friend, and Tifa was a closer one, making a relationship more and more possible. If Aeris lived, I doubt that Cloud would really become any more intimate with her. If the two childhood friends from the same town, Tifa and Cloud, were to get together in the end, it would make the story more understandable and more original. Aeris would have some sort of spiritual relationship with Zack at the end, no doubt. And for Yuffie? Reno of the Turks, of course! Hahaha, that's me in a few days! Hahaha! CNAnime2003!

Lolita Goth
08-19-2003, 02:39 AM
I think Cloud was meant for Tifa...I dont think Aerith was interested in Cloud in a love or romantic kind of relationship...anyways Aerith dies in the game so his best choice would be Tifa.

The_Great_Jigen
08-19-2003, 02:49 AM
Well lok there is tifa and there was areith..... but u know what he liked neither of them you could clearly see it in his eyes that him and barret where a hot item

Bezo
08-19-2003, 03:12 AM
Tifa/Cloud. Aeris/The Earth. :p

Arisa
08-19-2003, 07:04 PM
Aeris is my fave FF character ever :D But I think she belongs with Zack. I used to fully support Aeris/Cloud, but then I guess I just.. changed my mind o_o Tifa/Cloud all the way! ^___^ <3

Neko Cathy
08-20-2003, 09:07 PM
Cloud Strife's da true mack daddy :p

Ok, seriously, he goes w/ Tifa. Aeris could be a one night stand... but it'll never work out.

Aeris, I liked that fanart picture. That was awesome and it's going in my art binder.

Serria
08-21-2003, 12:24 PM
Well considering the story based around Tifa and Cloud's memories, Tifa was featured in the entire game, Tifa pulled Cloud out of his state of mind, Cloud was in love with Tifa forever, you see Tifa more, and Aeris is only in the first disc, dies, and you just see her face in the ending, I'd say Tifa is the main character. The only part of the story that had to do with Aeris was all the cetraness and her death.

Death does not equal main characterism.

Actually, I really disagree with this. I'm not trying to start a fight or anything, but I don't think the whole game was about Tifa and Cloud's memories. That was a factor, yes. But I found that Aeris was not just the main female character, but the *main character*. Why? She wasn't in the game for very long, I give you that. But her role was symbollic. The Planet and Lifestream is what (I thought, at least) was the focus of the game. A balance that not even Sephiroth could break, something both ancient and timeless. Compared to this, Cloud's lovelife is just a sideline.

But back to the main topic, I am Cloud-Tifa. Aeris dies, but I don't think that's the reason. Cloud still has the right to love Aeris, even when she's dead :( I'm Cloud-Tifa not because I don't think Cloud felt attracted to Aeris, but because Aeris was... Aeris. She had a different philosophy than Tifa, who seemed to believe in having "one true love". Aeris wasn't like that. She loved many, and she doesn't delay to say so. Never missed an opportunity to fall in love. I don't think she's the type to get caught up in "one person". :)

The_Great_Jigen
08-22-2003, 05:22 PM
You people underestimate the power of a big black man in a sailor suit, that has power over both those crappy characteres. Cloud/Barret....Tifa/Red XIII....Areis/Yuffie......

liz-maru
08-22-2003, 05:48 PM
yup yup its tifa and cloud all the way

Arisa
08-22-2003, 05:48 PM
While Aerith does tend to have the qualities of the heroine of the game (skilled in magic, all that stuff... see the FF casting call quiz on quizilla XD), but Tifa has the look, and she comes across as the heroine o_O Random ramblings. Must go back to sleep...

DragonWraith
08-22-2003, 08:09 PM
Maybe Cloud likes 'em dead... O_o Maybe he starts making Tifa take cold baths and lie around in earth all the time. Sorry, been reading too much zombie crap.

From what Shaz has told me, Tifa and Cloud were meant to be. Odd that. Dunno why.

Serria
08-23-2003, 09:18 AM
Keep in mind it's not totally impossible to love two people at the same time, too... ;) I dunno why there has to be "one holy couple", that the fates brought together or whatnot. Granted, I know that it's a video game... but lots of things in FFVII weren't "normal" for one.

I still am holding by my view that Aeris was the one who saved the world in the end. She was the last face you saw, save RedXIII's. Wasn't it her who called the Lifestream to stop Meteor (this is debatable, I know..)? The game has alot of gaps, we all know. Maybe it's intended to be like that, maybe the individual gamer has to put in his/her own personal beliefs.

But mine? I think Aeris/Cloud would have made a great couple. This was mentioned earlier as "unreliable", but Cait Sith's prophecy really moved me. I'm not saying that Tifa/Cloud is any less powerful at all, I just think Cloud would be compatable with either. Do read my earlier post about Aeris's lovelife, though, if this seems incomplete. Again, I am Ti-Clo, for Aeris's sake.

But then again, I proudly admit to have used the Barret/Cloud combination at Gold Saucer on MY file, bwa ha ha. (Regardless that there was no romantic music playing! It was beautiful! [sorta..])

Mizuho
08-23-2003, 01:33 PM
To me, Final Fantasy VII was a very unique game. Through most of it, it had a very depressing and hopeless atmosphere, and eminated the essence of despair and emptiness. The game was very tragic. The music, the places, the people... I think the game really emphasized on realities of life, such as: We don't always get what we want, and we have to make-do with what we have...

The controversial issue at hand really adds to the atmosphere and themes in the game. It is quite tragic that he doesn't even have a choice in the end, and we are left wondering if anything would have happened between Cloud and Aeris... It's truly a tragedy that their curious and intriguing relationship was cut short...

I always felt that Tifa represents the realistic girl-- with realistic problems. She keeps her feelings 'locked away', and is really a product of the depressing company and atmosphere around her. She really reminds me of someone who feels a deep loneliness sometimes.
If think if I saw her, she would always have kind of a sad look in her eye...

Because of what she's experienced, she's very strong and has learned to fight (--or deal with) sorrow and hardship. She has realized how important it is to be loyal, and is very careful with who she trusts.

Aeris was an unusual woman. She seemed to be charming and lighthearted. In terms of compatibility, I think she and Cloud would have made an excellent couple.

(Personally... I feel that Aeris knew for sure that Zack was gone, and she had over the years learned to cope with it-- which is a tragedy all its own. She was also left to wonder what would have happened between him and her... She says that it wasn't serious, but I wouldn't be surprised if she just said that so Cloud wouldn't feel as bad for her, if that makes sense... But that's just my speculation.)

(Really, it's sad that we didn't get to learn more about what Zack was like...)

Personally... I think it is implied that Cloud and Aeris did have a very special kind of relationship with an essence that really sticks out from the rest of the game. Cloud seemed to be intrigued and lightened by Aeris' unusually charming personality and outlook on life. We see Aeris and Cloud together in Amano's artwork, Cloud is looking for Aerith in Kingdom Hearts, they supposedly run into each other in Final Fantasy Tactics... If anything, it seems as if there is something unfinished between them...

But you know... at the end, he doesn't even have a choice. And that scene near the end by the Highwind is a really beautiful umblossoming of their feelings... So things ended up good in the end for Tifa and Cloud. Even so, there is always that same somewhat sad and distant feeling in the back of your mind that seems to be so prominent in this game...

Arisa
08-23-2003, 05:09 PM
Actually, Mizuho, it's possible that she could've said that her relationship with Zack wasn't serious because she was trying to lie to herself, hoping that maybe the lies would become truths in her mind so the pain would lessen... o_O But this is just me rambling. ^__^

Serria
08-24-2003, 03:52 PM
No, I don't think Aeris is the kind to lie to herself very often. I think rather she just didn't want to create an awkward situation between herself and Cloud. O_o; Er, maybe, at least..

Arisa
08-24-2003, 04:02 PM
I dunno. I try not to lie to myself, but when things hurt really badly... sometimes you do it without realizing it. **shrugs**

Serria
08-24-2003, 04:05 PM
Oh, I know many people lie to themselves. I do all of the time. It's just that I never associated Aeris with being in the kind of emotional situation that would cause her to do so... but I would understand if I was wrong ^_^

demonpotato
08-24-2003, 04:08 PM
sorry i'm in a rush, so i couldnt really read all of the posts, but i don't think he liked any of them, he was upset because his true love was yuffie and well... tifa was just there, he was upset about aeris and everything and he needed a rebound so tifa was the way to go. until he met yuffie, he was very much inlove with her, but he couldn't have her because now he has tifa to deal with. i dunno, i would go for tifa, but i'm not cloud so yeah clouds into yuffie.

Arisa
08-24-2003, 04:10 PM
o.o Yuffie's an optional character.

demonpotato
08-24-2003, 06:25 PM
well i always get yuffie... for cloud....mmmmmmmmm

Serria
08-24-2003, 08:59 PM
Well... Yuffie is only sixteen... but... ^__^ Love knows no age, does it!

demonpotato
08-24-2003, 09:55 PM
heck yeah man so what! hahaha, wait... how old was cloud again?! argh!!! what?!?! argh!!!!!!!!!!!!

Serria
08-24-2003, 10:00 PM
I think it was twenty one. Tifa is a year younger than him, Aeris a year older. And, um, Yuffie, seven years younger ^__^.

Jaquii
08-24-2003, 11:32 PM
Who knows? I think in the end, Cloud seems to choose Tifa (duh, Aeris is dead), but if Aeris had lived...who knows? Cloud did have the one flashback where his mom stated, "I think that an older girl would be the perfect thing for you, Cloud!", wasn't Aeris a year older than Cloud? Like I said, who knows? Before I played FF VII, I had it in-grained in my mind that Aeris and Cloud were for each other, but I'm getting mixed ideas after having played/watched the game (I'm not through with it yet, but I know how it ends *'twas explained to me at ACen 03, thanks Adella/Aeris ^_^*).

Cloud and Yuffie? That never occured to me...maybe Yuffie and Vincent, but Yuffie and Cloud? I don't know about that...

Serria
08-25-2003, 10:49 AM
I don't think Cloud really chose Tifa in the end... how did they interact? He just saw Aeris, and he comments to Tifa on how he wants to see her again... he doesn't hint much at all toward romance.

Jaquii
08-25-2003, 10:52 AM
I just thought of something else...just WHO was Cloud looking for in Kingdom Hearts?? I immediately just assumed that it was Aeris...what are everyone else's opinions?

Serria
08-25-2003, 11:14 AM
Well, at the end, he finds Aeris, so the assumption certainly seems likely.

demonpotato
08-25-2003, 12:39 PM
why is it always cloud cloud cloud?! hahah! why not Vincent, or cait sith or barret! poor guys, wait... what is cait sith anyway? theres two of em.. hmmm..oh well...ZIDANE all the way!!!

Jehuty
08-25-2003, 02:00 PM
Cait Sith was a robot controlled by a spy in Shinra HQ. Now we to end the endless debate....it's like this, Cloud's mom reffered to him seeing an older woman one that would take care of him I.E. herself. So Cloud was really looking for a woman like his mom ( yes the whole Fruedian thing all the way ) what better woman than Clouds own mom right? Of course there always that whole Cloud Lulu thing and I think Rinoa on the side ( Cloud's a greedy man ) and then you kinda see his and Barret's relationship better throughout the game there's no telling there. Maybe he had a little something for Zack too with all the hero worship and same clothes and all. I think Chocobo's are involed in some way too. Yuffie is right out because she's jailbait so Cloud wouldn't even think of that or at least until she got older, then there's also Persilla who he rescued in Junon and promised to wait for to marry, but she's pretty much jailbait too. With all those other women Cloud just wouldn't have time for Tifa or Aeris. He pretty much left that for one big catfight in which Tifa won by default ( you know because of Sephi ). The kingdom hearts deal well, having Tifa win by default was unsettling so the whole depression and new "darker image" came in and he basically lost it. So in Kingdom hearts he has hallutionations but they're so strong ( made stronger by the drugs ) that he actually belived Aeris was still alive and that he could find her.

lol ok that was bad, but I guess you'll just have to ask Aeris herself she seems to have more insight on it than anyone else. Isn't Tifa in this thread too maybe they can both duke it out heh.

Serria
08-25-2003, 02:55 PM
Jehuty, I didn't follow any of that. :) Something about Cloud on drugs... something about Aeris and Tifa duking it out... Heh, heh.

Actually, there might be a reason why Cloud seems to be the only male love interest that you play as... Barret did have a wife, who was killed in the reactor explosion. Cait Sith is, well, not really there, and probably having his own affair with Scarlet, REDXII is sorta not your specie, and Vincent... is Vincent. You know, the Lucrecia thing. That leaves Cloud. Of course, Cloud doesn't seem to pay alot of attention to the love thing, thinking more along the lines of himself only... *shrugs*

demonpotato
08-25-2003, 03:47 PM
you know i did find clouds eyes very dilated. hmmm... man, now i lost respect for him...oh pooh...

RedPikachu
08-25-2003, 08:23 PM
Tifa....Aeris is so...generic. like Yuna from X, or Fina from Skies of Arcadia, or Elena from Grandia II...see where I am going with this?

Jehuty
08-25-2003, 10:00 PM
^................no not quite could you explain it a little more?

Jaquii
08-25-2003, 10:14 PM
RedPika- I see your point completely (especially with your Grandia II example); Ryudo simply stated that he loves both Elena and Millenia (not to mention the fact that he made out with both girls) and couldn't choose between them. How annoying was that (I had to go kick my dreamcast when I saw the ending of the game...I mean, make up your damn mind...).

Machiko
08-25-2003, 11:30 PM
it's was tifa lol too bad aerith died....i liked her O.o so hard to get her Great Godspell limit... >.< pain in the butt lol

Velvy
10-17-2003, 06:36 PM
I'm raising a dead topic, but...I gotta post something.

Game-wise:
Cloud liked Aeris more. This should be plaaain as day. Had she lived, something most definitely would have sparked between them. But she didn't. She died! :sunny: Therefore the reasonable choice is Cloud and Tifa, assuming this game had ended a bit more happily (but Advent Children sort of changes things...). However I'm a bit on edge about the probability of Cloud staying with Tifa because of the dialogue exchanged between them at the end. It goes back to Aeris, and there's soo many different interpretations about that dialogue it's just impossible to tell. Still the fact remains that Squaresoft stated that Aeris cannot be revived, and if that's the case = Cloud + Tifa.

Square-Enix wise:
I'm a firm believer that Square-Enix is a pushover for Aeris/Cloud. There's just too many "coincidences" (as the Aeris/Cloud haters have let me know) that point out that Square-Enix is sliiiightly more partial to Aeris/Cloud than they are to Tifa/Cloud.

Advent Children wi--Oh who knows. Really. I have no idea. Neither do you.

So that's my opinion... *backs away from thread* I know I know. You think its alll bullcrap. Well, if you want to debate, there's the PM button right there. I'm just giving my opinion, so don't hate me for it. Hate me for reviving this once-dead thread. :angel2:

Susumari
10-18-2003, 12:37 AM
eh...tifa.

Jehuty
10-18-2003, 03:22 AM
Anyway why make us choose it's so wrong.....too cruel

Aerith so pure and tidy

Tifa long haired girl bursting with healthy beauty

both so dear I can give up neither

do you call it deceit that I would openly wish them both?

btw The_Great_Jigen where did you find the picture of cloud that you use as your avatar?

terrablue
10-19-2003, 03:00 PM
I think Yoshitaka Amano originally intended for Cloud and Aerith to be together as many of the pictures he drew included the two together, but then again his drawings aren't the basis for the actual storyline just what he imagines.
http://www.angelfire.com/ego/misguidedroses/site/amano.html

Selphie_fairy
10-19-2003, 04:24 PM
cloud liked tif tif! (as ive come to call her ^^;) cloud and tifa look dead sexy and cute together too and like many have said aeris dies ;.; besides aeris looks cute with zack and sometimes even sephy buahaha XD *goes off to read some fanfiction with aerisxsephy*

:Mermaid Tifa:
10-19-2003, 04:24 PM
love = tifa <3 cloud <------- this explains it all -_-

Claireon
10-20-2003, 06:25 PM
Wow, I'm so happy to hear all of these Cloud/Tifa supporters! I am so sick of arguing with Cloud/Aeris lovers. (Not that there's anything wrong with that... ;p) Aeris really rubs me the wrong way as a character, for one thing. I have a friend like her, and she's absolutely crazy; she eats men and, as far as I can tell, never actually HEARS a word anybody else says. Aeris started macking on Cloud and never let up from the second she saw his blond hair and beefy, uniformed bod--how deep a love is THAT? Whereas Tifa, the one who tends to have deeper thoughts and actually struggles with herself, knows Cloud, loves Cloud, and can stand by his side in battle. Aeris never wastes an opportunity to sink her claws in Cloud, but Tifa swallows her feelings much of the time, not just out of fear of rejection, but also, it seems to me, because she's aware of a larger devotion to the mission at hand and knows she doesn't have the time to muck things up. Aeris wears herself on her sleeve. Tifa keeps a wrap on some things in order to make herself useful. People are always going "But Tifa's such a ho--look at the way she dresses!" but honestly, it's as if Tifa and Aeris are wearing each other's appearances. Aeris is the more brazen, flirty one, and Tifa is the more thoughtful, spunky, devoted one.

So yeah, the way I played it, Cloud loved Tifa and didn't particularly care for Aeris. At the time, I didn't realize that the game was adapting to the player's choice. It was completely sense-making and right that he and Tifa were falling in love. I saw his post-mortem obsession with Aeris as more of a spiritual kind of worship, practically, rather than romantic love. Obsession would be the word for it. Aeris dying just catapulted her into this realm above romance and made her like an icon for him. Unhealthy, probably. But not sexual.

And lastly... I wouldn't use the characters' attitudes in the FMV to judge their feelings for each other. Think about it. They had to keep the FMV's generic, so that they would fit in no matter whom you directed Cloud toward in the game.

Velvy
10-20-2003, 07:11 PM
Claireon: I agree with you that some people judge Tifa far too harshly (Square designed her that way!). But that's waaayyy overexaggerating on the part of Aeris. You make it sound like she's a temptressing harlot. O_O

Arisa
10-20-2003, 07:23 PM
Yeah, I agree with Velvy o_O Aeris isn't a whore

Jehuty
10-20-2003, 09:02 PM
Maybe if you combined the eerrr.....qualities of Tifa and mixed them with Aeris you'd get the best of both worlds, everyones a winner there especially Cloud.

"If only you could switch one girls smankie smank with another girls hooba joobs" - Carrot Glace: Sorcerer Hunters/Bukuretsu Hunters.

Mizuho
10-20-2003, 09:41 PM
*Nods* I was listening to the ending theme from Final Fantasy VII (World Crisis) today, and a certain part caught my attention. It may just be me, but this is how my mind translated the music...

During the ending theme, there is a very romantic part that begin's with Tifa's theme:

Tifa's theme plays, with pieces of Cloud's theme playing here and there; (--Cloud's presence dabbling in Tifa's life, Cloud sometimes opening himself up to Tifa, but their relationship never really was able to 'blossom'...)

As Tifa's theme comes to an end, Cloud's theme blends with her theme, and there is a crescendo of sorts... (--Symbolic of how he came around to her towards the end of the game...)

Then there are a few bitter, uncertain notes at the end of Cloud's theme. (-- Representing the uncertainty and bitterness that the loss of Aerith left with him...)... And then there seems to be a transitions into the present chaos...

And of course, floating throughout the ending theme, are bits of Aerith's theme...

If you listen to it, maybe you can hear what I mean. As I listened to it in the car today, it sounded somewhat symbolic to me... But maybe it is not meant to be examined so deeply, who knows. Give it a listen... What do you think?

Claireon
10-20-2003, 09:42 PM
Teeheehee. Yeah, I am exaggerating some. I find her really more kind of vapid and self-absorbed than whorish. I'm just kind of struggling for words and don't know a less strong way to put it.

Tygo
10-21-2003, 03:46 AM
In reading this thread I have realized something.................I REALLY need to play this game more often! In my opinion I thought that Cloud was begining to develop feelings for Aeris,but never came to be due to various circumstances *cough* Sephiroth *cough*...............that's all I really have for now. But the thing that got me though was in Kingdom Hearts. When Cloud mentioned he was looking for someone and then during the end credits Cloud and Aeris have a "reuinion moment" (personally I was hoping he was looking for Tifa).

As far as Aeris and Tifa,I really like Aeris kindness and warmth. While Tifa had spirit and a big heart (and who doesn't love a woman who could kick your ass!). I was never really agianst either,both girl were great characters.

And if you ask me,I think Aeris got the hots for Sephiroth after he killed her.................I kid,Ikid. :D :D

*dodges tomatoes and other objects being thrown at him*

Selphie_fairy
10-21-2003, 05:44 AM
lmao XDDD right on it was all for sephy buahahahahaha XDDD they were reunined in the lifestream ^.^

Xais
10-21-2003, 08:17 AM
Tifa. Tifa. Tifa. Tifa. I just plain detest Aerith. Now if someone with a rediculously oversized sword would take her out for me....

TheAnarCHris
10-22-2003, 10:00 AM
"If only you could switch one girls smankie smank with another girls hooba joobs" - Carrot Glace: Sorcerer Hunters/Bukuretsu Hunters.

This is probably the wisest things anyone's ever quoted regarding the on going Aerith vs. Tifa war.

I'll say Tifa overall though. Just coz at one point or another in my life, I felt what Teef was going through after Aerith showed up in FF7.

Flowery
12-08-2003, 02:52 PM

Mizuho
12-08-2003, 05:00 PM
Some people at GameFAQs compiled this website about the relationship between Cloud and Aerith (and it seems to go into it quite extensively). Really hardcore CloudxTifa fans may not care to visit this sort of site, but it really is one of the more interesting places to visit regarding this topic:

http://www.geocities.com/finalfantasyviilove/Main.htm

(If you are interested in the debate about "Who Cloud Truly Loved", check out some of the really in-depth topics on the Final Fantasy VII board (http://cgi.gamefaqs.com/boards/gentopic.asp?board=2000013) of GameFAQs that have pretty good arguments for all sides. It's a good read for a rainy day.)

Velvy
12-08-2003, 05:15 PM
You know... even though the majority's ruling on this is Cloud x Tifa... x_o; I think it's pretty obvious that the developers in Square are partial to Cloud x Aeris -- whether or not they have the power to mention it for the fans' sake. ^^; Hey. Hold that brick. o_o; There's tons of references both in-game and out-of-game to the director's intentions of having Aeris be the one that really held Cloud's heart. And, besides... ^^; With all the backup that there is, I'd pretty much say they're an official couple.

<dodges brick>

XD No one should throw a brick at you. You're completely right. Square is very partial to Cloud/Aeris.

PretearWink
12-08-2003, 05:43 PM
I've already had to argue this into the ground countless times with my best bud... and I don't want to reiterate anything anyone has already said so I'm just gonna say:
:heart: :heart: CloTi Forever :heart: :heart:

Flowery
12-08-2003, 06:40 PM

KIL78
12-08-2003, 06:59 PM
I say tifa, and I thought her name was Aris?

MarzGurl
12-08-2003, 07:51 PM
Well, if you went through the name with her under the spelling of "Aris" then you must have respelled it and spelled it wrong. Default is "Aeris" and the Japanese is "Aerith", but really, when the Japanese do a "th" it makes an "s" sound. But, anyway...

Personal belief (yes, we've heard enough of this stuff...): No, no question that it appeared more on the Cloud/Tifa side, although, if Squaresoft/Square-Enix sides with Cloud/Aeris... wouldn't THEY know which one was right? I mean, really, now...

Okay, and check this action out... watch the last video of the game. It starts out with Sephiroth going boom, then Cloud is surrounded by the Lifestream. He goes, "Lifestream?" (Yeah, that was redundant of me.) And Aeris' theme is playing and a hand reaches down to him. He thinks it's Aeris and he's all mesmorised by it. Turns out to be Tifa. It's strange, 'cause the hand that was reaching down to him at first didn't even have Tifa's glove on it... O_o He jumps up on the ledge she's on, graps her, holds onto another ledge with his arm and just hangs there while he talks to Tifa, meaning the puny-looking dude is really freakin' strong. Tifa's theme play's (since he's holding her, duh.) Cloud says, "........I think I'm beginning to understand." Tifa goes, "What?" Cloud goes, "An answer from the planet... the Promised Land. I think I can meet her... there." Then Tifa looks up at him, despite the fact that he's not looking at her AT ALL. Then she looks down and closes her eyes looking all depressed and says, "Yeah, let's go meet her." DO NOT DISPUTE THIS! I JUST WATCHED IT OFF MY PC VERSION OF THE GAME!

My interpretation: Cloud never got his mind off Aeris. Look, he's even kinda breaking Tifa's heart. Did he ever go anywhere at the end of the game to meet Aeris anyway? No, he did not. He was delusional. The Lifestream was getting to him, maybe. He got poisoned from too much exposure to it earlier... x_x He just ends up flying around Midgar and Meteor, and everybody's just like, "Well... crap." Um... actually, I think I kind of took this paragraph in the wrong direction.

Anyway, Cloud never officially chose, and maybe that's how it should be. In my mind, I can see Cloud and Tifa EASIER, but not COMPLETELY. He still tended to blow her off from time to time. And if Square is so biased about Cloud/Aeris... and the way I PERSONALLY see that ending movie... I think that Square INTENDED it to be Cloud/Aeris. They just didn't pull it off all the way.

My two cents.

Flowery
12-08-2003, 08:33 PM

Mizuho
12-08-2003, 08:46 PM
Oh... yeah! ^_^; I've been there. The place is great. =D Hee honk.

Thanks for holding the bricks. Oh, and Mizuho! The picture you have in your signature of Aeris kicking Sephy is just about the best thing I've seen all day. ^^* Did you make it?

There is this FF7 model program you can get called "Ifalna" that extracts the three-dimensional models from the PC version. It allows you to not only view the models, but roate and re-position them as well. I'll try to find the link to the program and post it here, if you wanted to play with it.

Edit: Here you go. If you need the file that has the models (if you don't have the PC version), just tell me and I can e-mail it to you. If you need any help using the program, let me know.

http://www.warwickcompsoc.co.uk/~ficedula/f2k3/programs/ifalna/ifalna130.zip

Velvy
12-09-2003, 12:59 AM
And if Square is so biased about Cloud/Aeris... and the way I PERSONALLY see that ending movie... I think that Square INTENDED it to be Cloud/Aeris. They just didn't pull it off all the way.

I agree. It comes across more fuzzy than clear.

But who knows? Perhaps this is one of the things they'll rectify and/or confirm in Advent Children.

...Or perhaps we're completely wrong and it'll turn out to confirm Cloud/Tifa were an item the entire time and we're all going to be doubled over with our eyes wide open in shock and our tongues hanging out.

...Or maybe we're ALL wrong. And the Cloud/Zach yaoi fics are going to pull through.

Either that or Cloud's just a "soup for one" dud.

BUM BUM BUM. :untrust:

Well whichever way it turns, at least we'll get some nice eye-candy. I'd really love to see a flashback to Aeris's death. :love:

Bell-chan
12-09-2003, 01:50 PM
*Nods* I was listening to the ending theme from Final Fantasy VII (World Crisis) today, and a certain part caught my attention. It may just be me, but this is how my mind translated the music...

During the ending theme, there is a very romantic part that begin's with Tifa's theme:

Tifa's theme plays, with pieces of Cloud's theme playing here and there; (--Cloud's presence dabbling in Tifa's life, Cloud sometimes opening himself up to Tifa, but their relationship never really was able to 'blossom'...)

As Tifa's theme comes to an end, Cloud's theme blends with her theme, and there is a crescendo of sorts... (--Symbolic of how he came around to her towards the end of the game...)

Then there are a few bitter, uncertain notes at the end of Cloud's theme. (-- Representing the uncertainty and bitterness that the loss of Aerith left with him...)... And then there seems to be a transitions into the present chaos...

And of course, floating throughout the ending theme, are bits of Aerith's theme...

If you listen to it, maybe you can hear what I mean. As I listened to it in the car today, it sounded somewhat symbolic to me... But maybe it is not meant to be examined so deeply, who knows. Give it a listen... What do you think?
*.* Wow... Mizuho, I really like your analyzation of the music.

Cid Highwing
12-09-2003, 07:20 PM
Omg.. Havent any paid attention to the Finishing FMV?

Cloud is grabbing Tifa as they are just haning onto a cliff about to fall in some pool of lava, then Cloud says: 'I can meet her there, Lifestream' or something liek that...

If you REALLY want to know (i mean like read 20 pages long) Then go Here

http://www.geocities.com/finalfantasyviilove/Main.htm

This details everything about the Love Trianlge and that Cloud really loved Aeris MUCH MUCH More

Din the Dancer
12-09-2003, 09:46 PM
First off I'd like to say that I've never played FFVII before but from what I've seen it as a Aeris/Cloud relationship. The first think I want to say is that when Cloud is "buring" Aeris, I saw a longing look in his face. Like he did not want this to be, that she could still be living. I've seen this scene more than once (I downloaded this scene and the ending scene, and those are what I'm going to mention) and just how he looks, he's holding back his sorrow. It could be the whole "men don't cry" stereotype, or it could be something else.

And the final scene, Aeris's hand coming out to his out of the lifestream, only it turns out Tifa is holding hers out to his hand, he grabs it, ledge falls blah blah blah, but after he says that maybe he could meet her in the promised land, I see a sadness in Tifa. She smiles, but it's not of happines, it's of rejection. She also hangs her head down as if she is defeated by Cloud's words. I could just picture a thought process "So... he likes the Aeris still, not me, I just need to accept this fact and move on." That's the kind of vibe I get from Tifa at that moment. Also I interpert this "Promised Land" as heaven, which means he can see her agian, after his own death...

I did second guess my reasons after seeing that script of Cloud and Tifa talking toghther but then I read the sites, and if you understand the Japanese culture, it's a definite that there's a relationship between Aeris and Cloud. But since we try to interpert it as a relationship in the US, it's alot harder to make a conclusion, and alot of the symbols are lost because we do not know they are there. This is the site you really need to go to. It expains all the symbolysm in the Japanese culture that conserns a love intrest and how it's shown in FFVII.

http://www.geocities.com/ffviilovetriangle/Introduction.htm

After you read this I really don't see how you could think it's a Cloud/Tifa relationship.

And yes, I know I've spoiled alot of the game for me. If I had known I'd be getting a Playstation in the near future I would have never done such a thing. But when I spoiled it I thought I'd never get near a FF game unless it was on Nintendo and I couldn't take it anymore! So... I brought it upon myself. ^_^;;;

Serria
12-09-2003, 10:14 PM
Like I said earlier...

Cloud could have been happy with either one. I think that he would have been happier with Aeris and it would have done him good to be with her as well. Notice how she makes him laugh so often, in fact, I think the majority of him laughing and being happy is when he's with her. That doesn't mean that he and Tifa wouldn't go well together either.

But to look at it from Aeris's and Tifa's point of view...

Aeris made it clear, to me at least that there were lots of fish in the sea for her. Zack was her first love, and I get the feeling she loved many others, too. Such as Tseng? Anywho, she was initially attracted to Cloud because of his resemblance to Zack, but later on in the game I think she gets to know the "real" Cloud as well.

Tifa obviously believed in true love. She wanted Cloud and there's no denying that. She only wanted Cloud, none other. So Cloud would be best for Tifa, even if Aeris was best for Cloud.

Lastly, about the ending... The Sephiroth/Cloud fight at the end was in some kind of sub-concious world, so we can safely assume that the hand -was- Aeris's hand in a sub-concious way. After all, they DID play her theme and do the Lifestream bit. But Aeris's intentions are debated over - was she reaching out to Cloud, or maybe leading him to Tifa? Maybe both?

I didn't think that Tifa looked sad when she says, "Yeah, let's go meet her." I thought she looked almost dreamy. She and Aeris were good friends, IMO, and Tifa wanted to see her again.

Cid Highwing
12-09-2003, 11:07 PM
Exactly right Din...
After reading that, You see many things that you probably missed.
2 Things that really made me laugh was:

1: If you get the date with Aeris, when it shows the FMV of the whole Gold
Saucer, This Conversation starts:
Aeris: I want to meet you
Cloud: But I'm here
Aeris: No... I want to meet...you

Now this could mean that Aeris knew that Cloud was impersonating Zack
and wanted to meet the REAL cloud, but what it can also mean is
that Aeris wants to persue a sexual relationship. The Author of that site,
emailed an Japanese expert asking if 'I want to meet you' has a colloqiual
meaning in Jap, and the Guy said that it mean's 'I want a sexual Relation
Ship ^_^'

2. Aeris get's an Umbrella as a weapon, Now when this first happened,
I Stormed out of the house cracking up, but then there was a real meaning
An ummbrella in Japan means, the 2 people under it are one.
So like, the Umbrella is a sign of love..:)

Din the Dancer
12-10-2003, 07:20 PM
Serria - I really don't think Tifa's smile was dreamy at all. I think I might have made un-happy smiles more than once in my life. But on the website it says that the people that made the game were mostly Japanese. Hence the Japanese culture is a part of this game. They specifically addressed Tifa's smile on the site, saying that in the Japanese culture a smile isn't for happiness, but to mask greif or pain. And things that give me these messages are also the eyes, just how they look. They say that the eyes are a window to the soul. And I think that site isn't lying, after every paragraph or so there was a link. Probably to sources of where they got the infromation. I didn't look at the links though. I stayed up until 11 reading the site and not doing homework like I should have. >.<

Serria
12-10-2003, 08:42 PM
I don't know. Why should Tifa be sad? Assuming that humanity wasn't destroyed at the end of the game, chances are that she will eventually get Cloud. Okay, I admit, maybe a part of Tifa felt somewhat rejected. But was Aeris not a dear friend to her as well? I remember her "good bye to Aeris" was one of the more emotional ones, ending with her running off and crying. I don't think everything between Aeris and Tifa was competition for Cloud's love.

Din the Dancer
12-10-2003, 09:05 PM
I did note in my first post that I never played FFVII, I just spoiled an immense amount of it for myself. The only scene I've seen with Tifa is the last one.... so I really can't say much more than what I've seen.... I'm going to eventually play this game. So I'll be able to contribute more in the future.

Sorry to be going off topic somewhat, but this just reminds me of Zelda fans when they argue about Sheiks gender. (If you haven't played Ocarina of Time, then you don't need to read this since you won't know what I'm talking about.) I think that Sheik is female, others think Shiek is male. If you haven't played Zelda Ocarina of Time ignore me. But eventhough it wasn't answered in a Zelda game in Super Smash Brothers Melee, in Shieks trophy discription it referrs Shiek as a she. Some people say that this is so people won't get confused because (spoiler!) Zelda and Sheik are the same person. Personally I think it's Nintendo's answer to what Sheiks gender really is. If you haven't played Oracina of Time you won't have a clue what I'm talking about. ^^;

Serria
12-10-2003, 09:27 PM
Din - :D Shiek and Zelda -are- the same person, haha. But personally I think that Zelda and Link are brother and sister. I could argue the point, but that kinda is off topic. And hey, you cheat! You're supposed to play the game before you watch the ending! ^_^

But to sum it up, I think there's many different ways to look at the whole issue, and it's easy to find what you're looking for. Aeris, Tifa...... Yuffie.... Barret....

Din the Dancer
12-11-2003, 08:38 AM
I know Sheik and Zelda are the same person. But I've seen HUGE disputes over Shieks gender it's not even funny. These were on GameFAQS mind you, and they never ended until either someone said it was pointless and they just stopped arguing or the topic ran out of room. (Only 500 posts per topic on GameFAQS)

I know I'm a cheater. But I thought I'd never get a playstation and I wanted to play a FF game so badly. So I downloaded all the FF stuff I could find. I know I shouldn't have, but I couldn't help it!

And speaking of GameFAQS, there was a FFVII argument there a while ago, don't remeber what it was about. But a few people said that the game wasn't finished, it was intended to be 5 disks, and that they were going to revive Aeris. One person said basically, "That's why the ending was so half assed." Aeris's face really isn't much of an ending. :\ Just another thing to consider. It might or might not be true though. I'm jsut saying it because more then one person mentioned it in that topic.

Serria
12-12-2003, 06:45 PM
I heard that Aeris wasn't really supposed to die when the game was being made. I know there are some instances where (with a gameshark) you can see a bit of evidence of this. For example, if you use codes to get her back, after you go Snowboarding down the hill and everyone complains about the cold, she has her own line (I think it's something like "I'm sick of this!!") that no one but her is scheduled to say. Also there's apparently some cave you can get to with a gameshark that has no ground for Cloud to move, but plays Aeris's theme in the background.

I haven't heard much about Aeris originally be revivable, but I'm glad she's not. It'd ruin the point of her dying IMO. I like the ending how it is, though. XD

Spooky Brew
12-13-2003, 12:36 AM
My brother brought Aeris back to the living with a certain code, but now he can't switch her for another character...she's on there forever lol
I recently started playing, and as for me...I gotta finish the game first O_o
I shouldn't be reading this....spoilers X_X

Serria
12-13-2003, 11:37 AM
Spooky Brew - does his game freeze up alot then? I heard that if you use codes to get Aeris, in certain scenerios and battles ya freeze up.

Spooky Brew
12-13-2003, 06:50 PM
Nope...at least not his anyways lol..he's a trickey little squeaker!

Din the Dancer
12-14-2003, 07:30 PM
I'm just going to list all the roumers I've heard about FFVII. Some of these are from this thread just to tell you.

-The game was never finished and was supposed to be 5 disks long.
-Aeris was going to be revived
-Aeris wasnt' supposed to die, but the wife of somebody working on the team died, and it was supposed to symbolise that.
-Tifa was a last minute addition to the game

Blah. x_X

Bell-chan
12-15-2003, 03:43 PM
I'm just going to list all the roumers I've heard about FFVII. Some of these are from this thread just to tell you.
-Tifa was a last minute addition to the game

I can see the Aeris/Cloud thing, but that rumor is just too crazy to be real. o_0

nothing
12-23-2003, 01:48 AM
Tifa and Cloud have been friends since childhood.Aerith loved Cloud but so did Tifa. Naturally Cloud chose his childhood friend who he can talk to and get free alcohol with.(Tifa + Owning a bar = Free Jack Daniels for a Wasted Cloud)

Chains
07-09-2004, 09:35 PM
I say he loved them both but, it's kind of obvious who he ends up with...-_-;;; ::looks over at a dead Aeris:: ::shakes head::

Zebedee
07-09-2004, 10:17 PM
The game can let you choose who he really liked the most, i.e. certain actions can change who he goes on a date with while your're trapped at the Gold Saucer. The game makes it easier to get Aeris, so I tend to swing towards that P.O.V.

On another note, Aeris was supposed to be revived, but due to a number of factors which were never totally released offically to the public (The main consensus in the rumor mill was deadlines), that feature didn't get tossed in. It was somehow leaked that the sick man in Sector (6?) was part of the side quest to get her back, and thats when all the wild rumors started flying about how to get her back with him.

scandia
07-10-2004, 06:11 AM
I love them both for different reasons. I think I like them about the same, but I put Aeris as my second fave FF female and Tifa as 3rd fave- maybe because I like Aeris' costume and flowers so much. My personality is more like Tifa's, but not totally different from Aeris' either. I like Cloud with Tifa and Aeris with Sephiroth. I do wish Aeris were brought back to the game. She is very useful in battles thanks to her limit break healing people.

Serria
07-10-2004, 10:12 AM
I don't think that Aeris was ever supposed to be revived, but she wasn't initially going to die. At least that's what I've heard... her death was more "last minute".

I also heard that Tifa wasn't originally a part of the game, but I am most grateful that she was. *loves Tifa* Besides, the game needed more women! XD

AFadingDream
07-11-2004, 12:32 PM
At the end of the game after you defeat Sephiroth, and cloud sees the hand reaching out to him, the game makes you and Cloud think that it's Aeris' hand, but then the moment is kind of ruined when it's Tifa all of the sudden in a panic trying to grab Cloud. I think he had a thing for both of them maybe, but I don't know, I just thought I'd throw that into the mix..lol.

Serria
07-11-2004, 12:54 PM
It -was- Aeris's hand. They were in the Lifestream, Cloud, Sephiroth, and Aeris. Kind of a dream world, a mental world, per se. Cloud was fighting the 'real' Sephiroth - his mind. Aeris was still hanging around, she had yet to be reincarnated or whatever. But Cloud woke up from the Lifestream just before he touched her hand - I think Tifa yelled at him or something? But it's symbollic none the less. He definitely had feelings for the both of them, but he was too messed up throughout the game to realize it.

... but you know... barret x cloud is the best cloud couple ever. ;)

BlackDelo
07-14-2004, 11:19 AM
Tifa. c'mon think about it. pink and frilly vs. the rack. He chose the rack. As for the pink frilly one? she was lovers with Yuffie before she got whacked.

Mizuho
07-16-2004, 12:10 AM
I think he had a thing for both of them maybe, but I don't know, I just thought I'd throw that into the mix...

Yeah, I do agree that he had strong feelings for both of them.
The relationships between them are too complex for clear-cut answers...

Although I do feel that he strongly wants to see Aerith again. Even if it's not romantic, I think his longing to see her is something that tugs at his soul. Part of me thinks that Aerith is not meant to be a romantic interest... and is more of his personal Saint, than she is supposed to be a lover. But, who really knows.

I wouldn't be surprised if Aerith's spirit returns and tells him to move on, or something. He can still love Aerith -- the innocent light of his heart, the warm memory-- and love Tifa too, who fills the role of a supporting, motherly, and down-to-Earth figure in his life.

Again, though, I think the relationships are too complex to say that he loves just one, or just the other.

And if anyone hasn't seen this, AdventChildren.net posted up this translation from an article in Degenki Playstation:

Gather, friends...

Correlation map of currently confirmed AC characters

(*ommited)

(*a large image of each character and information about them)

Cloud: After the battle, he hid in secret and lived a quiet life alone. However, he is attacked by the 3 mysterious men who suddenly appear, and decides to once again return to the battle ground. Not even knowing what they want, he is forced to draw his sword.

Aerith: A woman who fell to Sephiroth's sword during the battle two years ago. A young woman resembling her appears before Cloud. Are these dreams Cloud is having....? Or are they...!? Is there a chance she will be revived!?

Tifa: She returned to Seventh Heaven in Midgar after the fighting, and manages it alone. As before, she takes good care of Marlene, Barret's daughter.

Tifa supported Cloud from the shadows. But it doesn't seem that they got together after the fighting. They are living apart, and Cloud doesn't communicate with her much. Aerith is still in Cloud's heart, and Tifa understands that.... It looks like that sort of relationship.

Denzel: An orphan Tifa takes care of, his identity is currently unknown. Infected with GeoStigma, he has a lifeless, vacant look.... It seems he gets along well with Marlene, who is close to his age, and she is also worried about him.

There is a high possiblity [it seems they say that about everything, though] of a revival of Cosmo Canyon, and Cid is probably still working, aiming for distant skies.

(*The following have been omitted: Reno and Rude, Barret, Vincent, silver-haired men)

So far, Yuffie and Cait Sith haven't been seen. Will they be appearing in AC after all?

Translated by Site Translator, Vilaeth.

Although it says that Aerith is the one in Cloud's heart, that doesn't mean he doesn't love Tifa, too. It is possible that he once he gets "closure" with Aerith, Tifa and him can have a guiltless relationship, something that wasn't possible before. But, perhaps not. Perhaps he will choose to live alone in honor of her memory, or something, by helping the children, and tending to her church... Etc. Although I think loving someone else would be a good way to live, too. Aerith would probably want Cloud and Tifa to both be happy, since she seemed to care about them both.

I think the reason they are apart is that Tifa knows Cloud still thinks about Aerith, and it is more honorable to be his number one friend and supporter, than trying to risk being his might-be second-choice lover. Aerith's death hangs over them, and I don't think either of them could have been happy without that closure that Cloud seems to need from Aerith.

I loved the open-endedness of the "Love Triangle". I think it was such an intriguing part of FF7, and I'm so happy that there was never any definite answer (at least in my mind). I really hope that they honor that open-endedness in the sequel, or at least approach it diplomatically.

I hate to admit that I'm so curious as to see how they'll expand on this in this new sequel... It does seem that Aerith's spirit will be an important part of the story, as they seem to be keeping very tight wraps on disclosing any information or pictures about her... She looked very pretty in that scan of her standing back to back with Cloud, even though you couldn't see her face!

And... Din the Dancer! What's your username over on GameFAQs?

Keiichi-san
07-16-2004, 12:39 PM
Neither. Cloud was ALL about Yuffie. :P

-K1

kyojin_alex
07-16-2004, 05:09 PM
Cloud is a man(as far as we know)and as most men, he would go with the chick with the big boobies. Not to mention he'd most likely go with the one thats not dead cuz that would just be icky.

Goddess Zara
07-16-2004, 06:12 PM
there's stuff supporting both, and i think Cloud could have easily ended up with either Tifa or Aeris. that's what was cool about the game - you could kind of lead it in either direction, but not so much that an out and out, definitive answer ever came of it. after going through the game, and that scene outside the highwind, i thought it was more leaning toward tifa. but seeing all the stuff afterwards (kingdom hearts, etc.) that features cloud and aeris, i kinda started to reconsider. and now advent children... so really, it could go either way. ^^()

i also kind of thought that, if aeris lived and cloud and tifa were together, she and reno would have made a cute couple. XD i mean, he'd been trying to "catch" her for some years, right? it would have been interesting to see something happen between them, heheh.

Serria
07-16-2004, 06:30 PM
Assuming the Planet did not kill off humanity at the end of the game, I think that Cloud definitely spent some time alone, healing himself of loosing Aeris. He never had the time to mourn in the game. Cloud also, I think, began to feel the Promised Land himself. Yeah, he did love Aeris, but he loved Tifa, too. After Meteor there's no way that he could just date any other girl after what he and Tifa had gone through together... either Tifa or single, IMO.

Goddess Zera, you are the only other person I've met who's pro Aeris/Reno! Well, maybe that's just 'cause I cosplay Aeris and I've always had a massive crush on Reno... eh heh! ^_^ They probably wouldn't be a permanent couple, but I could see them dating.

But I think that Aeris x Tseng is the best Aeris couple. ^__^ Maybe they could date now that they're both dead and not on opposite sides.

pink_killer
07-16-2004, 06:32 PM
Personally, I like Tifa over Aeris because I found Aeris a little pushie. She seemed too childish to me and totally not a Cloud type but then again, I'm not Cloud O.o. He might have thought Tifa more as a friend since they grew up together and you know how odd it is dating friends..But there is various things that support both so there really isn't a true answer is there?

Rainbow Six
07-20-2004, 01:11 AM
well... i'd personally go with tifa.

but cloud- he was obviously all for aeris at the end of the game. tifa was a childhood crush. hell dont you remember the stuff that happened at the end. when the crater was caving in and tifa was reaching for him he saw aeris instead. then he said lets go se her (aeris)

so for you incompetent people he was all for aeris