PDA

View Full Version : Jittery, Nervous, such a newbie

onnawufei
03-29-2004, 01:12 PM
ACK! If I'd known there was a place like this where people who were going to AZ could chat about things, I'd have been here sooner! This will be my fourth year going, but I swear every time I'm like a scared little kid when I go. I have a great camera that my boyfriend sucks at using but I still insist on having him go take pictures because I'm too scared to ask people.

So I'm hoping introductory posts are welcome, because if not I'd hate to get jumped at the con. (That would be rather upsetting I think.) I'll be there this year as a bunch of totally unrecognizable characters, my own freakish Doctor Pika creation, and possibly my Bunny Mana costume from last year, but that's looking doubtful.

Perhaps this year I'll get over that annoying fear of approaching people I don't know and actually take some decent photos. Oh yes, and since this is an introductory post, my name's Sara, I go by "zim" generally, and I can't wait to see you all at the con!

Omittchi
03-29-2004, 10:07 PM
Hi! This is my first con and I have "people jitters" also! But this board is great because now I sorta feel like I know some people that are going! Bunny Mana is sugoi! If you wear it this year I GOTTA get a pic!

quadrain61
03-30-2004, 04:37 AM
I have had the same problem on approaching people too also did I have some camera troubles becuase it was film. I still do. So your're not the only only one. Most photographers seems to be the quiet ones at the cons so don't worry.

KawaiiEdea
04-03-2004, 09:24 PM
onnawufei: I had the -same- problem at AZ '03 (my first con) I didn't cosplay so I was extremely nervous to go and ask people if I could take their picture...expecially if they looked busy or like they were trying to get somewhere :o so I made my brother go for me XD I'll probably be the same way this year..but I know as a cosplayer its fun when people ask so I don't see it as a big deal :D

onnawufei
04-04-2004, 03:13 PM
I'm generally not so bad earlier in the day, but later on when people have been having their pictures taken all day, sometimes they can be a little snippy. Not usually, but sometimes. -_- That's when I literally have my boyfriend or best friend chase people down for me. ^_^ If it's them doing it I'm fine with it!

ShatteredSunset
04-06-2004, 04:56 PM
Aww, well, I can't say I've ever had a problem with asking for pictures ^_^ But if you see me, say hello! Most people are nice and most cosplayers are camera whores anyway, so I doubt anyone will be offended. Not meant to offend anyone, by the way o_o

Shadablade
04-23-2004, 11:31 PM
Ill 2nd the fact that the cosplayers seem to hav no problem posing for pictures. I usually get a lot of them myself, but this year for the first time im gonna try to be on the other side of the camera. My roomate has convinced me to dress as anderson from Hellsing if he dresses as Arucard. So i decided ok, I think he is wanting to do a different cos from playing Iori yagami for last few yrs. So if you see us stop us and we will pose for ya! :bigtu:

liz-maru
04-24-2004, 01:47 PM
dont be scared to ask us cosplayers for pics!! (if they are like me they live for it) ;) i luv when people come up to me, and i dun care if im busy ill stop what im doin so i can get my pic taken!! that kinda comes with cosplayin, you gotta be ready to pose for pics!!

evaneko
04-26-2004, 05:00 PM
Every cosplayer I know loves having their picture taken (myself included). But I know where you're coming from- I get kinda nervous about that stuff sometimes too.

GreatSG
04-26-2004, 06:14 PM
Don't be afraid to ask for photos, even if though I am in a group with some guys as the Reservoir Dogs, we'll be happy to have our photos taken. As long as Mr. Blonde can have your ear! >:D

evaneko
04-27-2004, 04:19 PM
You're cosplaying reservoir dogs?? I soooo have to hunt you down and get a picture. Love that movie XD

GreatSG
04-27-2004, 04:51 PM
You're cosplaying reservoir dogs?? I soooo have to hunt you down and get a picture. Love that movie XD

And to think a friend of mine thought we'd get chastized for this.
So far it's a group of three of us, Me as Mr. Brown, my brother is Mr. Blonde, and a firend of mine rooming with us is Mr. Pink.
We might have two others as Mr. White and Mr. Orange, but they're not confirmed or anything and as things seem to be they not even be going.

onnawufei
04-28-2004, 08:34 AM
I've only had a couple bad experiences with cosplayers, and they were just a little snooty. I understand though, you've been standing all day in outrageous heels and people keep stopping you to take your picture, but when your costume rocks THAT much, you should just expect it right? *L*

Personally I LOVE having my picture taken, but my favorite characters are always really obscure so nobody recognizes them. **

DDR Faery Spice
04-29-2004, 04:18 PM
I got very pissed off at the chick who cosplayed as Samus at Otakon. All I did was ask her for a pic and she was actin all snotty and was like, I've gotta rehearse for the masquerade. and then she just stnds there a while longer chatting with some other people who randomly walked up for like the next 20 minutes!!!! argh. So yeah, my grammar went way down when I was typing that. Point being, never be afraid to ask people for pics, chances are, if they're in costume, they WANT you to take pics of them. ^^ Can't wait to see you there!!!
By the way...as long as you want names, I'm Tiffany. No nicknames at all. ;_; Sometimes I feel deprived coz I don't have one. *sniffl*

quadrain61
04-29-2004, 05:33 PM
By the way...as long as you want names, I'm Tiffany. No nicknames at all. ;_; Sometimes I feel deprived coz I don't have one. *sniffl

I thought the Sake Ninjas called you "Cougar Ninja"

Kilayi
04-29-2004, 06:48 PM
By the way...as long as you want names, I'm Tiffany. No nicknames at all. ;_; Sometimes I feel deprived coz I don't have one. *sniffl
You know Tiff, I call you Faery.... ^^;;

quadrain61
04-29-2004, 07:48 PM
Has anyone ever glomped a photographer?

[/runs]

SakeNinja2
04-29-2004, 07:50 PM
Yes, Coug does in fact have a nickname. It's Tiffany.

Goddess Cookie
04-30-2004, 05:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDR Faery Spice

I call you Tiff or Tiffany...but that isn't a nickname like mine! I'm Goddess Cookie or Cookie or Sir Sugar Rush and abunch of others...yeah ask katie for a nickname...she's usually good at this kind of thing...

GreatSG
04-30-2004, 12:39 PM
Most people call me SG, but my inner circle of friends know me as 'Kurtsu-chan' Don't ask, and no Cookie (who I call Sabi) and Kilayi (who I call Katie the FB fangirl :p) you can not call me that.

Farmboybob
04-30-2004, 03:16 PM
Well my real name is Ben, but the majority of forum goers that meet me in real life tend to call me Bob. Or farmer, or farmboy, etc. Which is fine with me. :D

onnawufei
04-30-2004, 05:23 PM
Has anyone ever glomped a photographer?

[/runs]

I haven't, but there was this guy the year before last that complimented my costume (it was a really believable compliment too), and then he kept waving at me and stuff when he'd see me. Soooo when I saw him in the hall I grabbed him by the arm and dragged him over to get his picture taken with me. *LOL* In the pictures he looks scared!

And as far as names go, I just go by zim when I'm online or at cons and stuff. (That's what my badge generally says.)

meedlymee
04-30-2004, 06:17 PM
i adore having my photo taken, proof is in the yearbooks. when everyone else looked away i got RIGHT up to the camera and started posing like crazy.

my real name is madelinne, take pictures with me i swear i rule!