PDA

View Full Version : Gothic Lolita

Lostboy
03-29-2004, 05:09 PM
I would so love to do a costume like this:
http://www.morbidoutlook.com/fashion/articles/images/2002_07_gothiclolita_mp.jpg

I just found out that they're having a gothic lolita tea party at Middle Tennessee Anime Con this weekend. If I'd known about it a lot sooner, maybe I could have found someone who could make me a dress like this. but too late now. :waaaah:

I want to be a gothic lolita girl. I wish I knew someone around my town who could make one for me. I don't want to ask my mother to. *sigh*

Pata
03-30-2004, 09:21 PM
Hm...why don't you take a look on eBay? There are several lolita shops with very nice things for pretty decent prices. My sister and I have done some commissions for EGL, but we're really busy right now with ACen approaching @_@;

I do hope you find something ^^ Good luck!

Decibella
03-31-2004, 04:01 AM
I absolutely adore the Elegant Gothic Lolita style too. We are in the midst of designing new Loli and J-Rock gear ourselves too. I just love it to death!

The gothic and lolita bibles often have patterns right in them so you could try making something yourself! That is if you can translate the directions, ;P

Lostboy
03-31-2004, 09:24 AM
Those bibles are so expensive on ebay. o.o Know anyplace that's got them saved online as PDFs or anything?

Kawaii_Tifa
03-31-2004, 11:24 AM
That's nice!^^ I wanna too!^^V

Decibella
04-01-2004, 10:55 PM
They can be downloaded i'm sure. i've seen lots of the photos on various downloading sites. But the patterns are rarely uploaded...
I actually have the first Gothic and Lolita Bible which my girfriend brought back from japan as a souvenier, heehee!

Lostboy
04-01-2004, 11:44 PM
Oh my gosh.. Any chance you might scan some of the patterns? :D I bet that would be really hard to do, actually. Shoot. ^^

yukitoLeonheart
04-01-2004, 11:55 PM
Oh my gosh, the first post of your's lostboy seems like the most cracked out thing today because of the code, I need to save it and put it in my account later, it has everything in it

" Gothic Crotchety Old Woman
I would so love to do a Lumber like this:
http://www.morbidoutlook.com/fashio...icCrotchety Old Woman_mp.jpg

I just found out that they're having a gothic Crotchety Old Woman tea party at Middle Tennessee Cartoon Con this weekend. If I'd known about it a lot sooner, maybe I could have found someone who could make me a dress like this. but too late now.

I want to be a gothic Crotchety Old Woman girl. I wish I knew someone around my town who could make one for me. I don't want to ask my mother to. *sigh*"

Lostboy
04-02-2004, 12:03 AM
Oh my gosh, the first post of your's lostboy seems like the most cracked out thing today because of the code, I need to save it and put it in my account later, it has everything in it

" Gothic Crotchety Old Woman
I would so love to do a Lumber like this:
http://www.morbidoutlook.com/fashio...icCrotchety Old Woman_mp.jpg

I just found out that they're having a gothic Crotchety Old Woman tea party at Middle Tennessee Cartoon Con this weekend. If I'd known about it a lot sooner, maybe I could have found someone who could make me a dress like this. but too late now.

I want to be a gothic Crotchety Old Woman girl. I wish I knew someone around my town who could make one for me. I don't want to ask my mother to. *sigh*"

Holy crap, I was confused! :D Hahaha! It's an April Fool's Day joke. Jeez! I was like... who messed with my post?! hee.

yukitoLeonheart
04-02-2004, 02:14 AM
that is the best post ever.

"I want to be a gothic Crotchety Old Woman girl. I wish I knew someone around my town who could make one for me. I don't want to ask my mother to. *sigh*"

it's like <.<

and

I just found out that they're having a gothic Crotchety Old Woman tea party at Middle Tennessee Cartoon Con this weekend.

Ironically when the google thing came up yesterday I kept going.......and I found the best Lumberjack thing ever, it cracked me up

Lumberjack Gang....thing that describes many guys being passionate with each other.
I was like O.O

Lostboy
04-05-2004, 12:18 PM
Getting back on the subject now that the lumberjack weirdness is over...

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=122722

I managed to cobble together a costume for the Elegant Gothic Lolita tea party! What do you think? Did it turn out OK? Please leave comments on the gallery post if you like it. ^_^

dani
04-06-2004, 12:47 PM
I found several image collections under the name Gothic Lolita Bible online. PM for details.
Dani

vyrax778
04-13-2004, 02:25 AM
just google image search elegant gothic lolita.

I got my dress at a vintage clothing store. Me and my friends are going to modify it so it has more lace and a nice apron.

Shinbo
04-17-2004, 08:47 PM
I think that an excellent place for Gothic Lolita is http://limebarb.com/store/egl/egl.htm
lots of stuff to choose from, but a tad pricy...

Lostboy
04-18-2004, 05:39 AM
That's WAY too pricey. Wow. What a markup from the cost of materials. I'd rather just teach myself to sew than spend that much.

Decibella
04-18-2004, 05:46 AM
Actually, that's not very expensive... You should see what the real versions cost!! lol

Lostboy
04-18-2004, 05:50 AM
Actually, that's not very expensive... You should see what the real versions cost!! lol

Not expensive compared to the real versions, sure. But expensive compared to the cost of the materials. If I consider that my time is worth more than the cost of buying something, I will buy it. But in this case, I would rather learn to make it myself, because my time may be valuable, but it's not as valuable as those prices.

vyrax778
04-18-2004, 11:23 PM
Limebarb makes really good stuff thu.
I got my fuku from them.

also dont discount thrift stores. you can find alot of stuff that can be easly modifired to EGL.

Decibella
04-19-2004, 02:37 AM
Making your own stuff is always better, of course, you're right about that. We always raid vintage stores for old clothes, just for the materials. They are indeed an excellent source of inexpensive fabrics (velvet, lace, tulle,) and detail pieces (bows, ribbons, cute buttons, etc) which can easily be surgically removed or altered. I recently scored an amazing Lolita top with a huge lizard frill neck and a long ribbon bow neck tie which will be integral base piece of my crossplay for AN 04.

Juu-Sama
04-27-2004, 07:27 PM
Making your own stuff is always better, of course, you're right about that. We always raid vintage stores for old clothes, just for the materials. They are indeed an excellent source of inexpensive fabrics (velvet, lace, tulle,) and detail pieces (bows, ribbons, cute buttons, etc) which can easily be surgically removed or altered. I recently scored an amazing Lolita top with a huge lizard frill neck and a long ribbon bow neck tie which will be integral base piece of my crossplay for AN 04.

Hazzah!!!!!!!!!!! people who love EGL and visual kei...and so on...can some one tell me some of the names of vintage stores where I may find EGL styled clothings?????

Juu-sama ^_^

Sixshot
04-27-2004, 09:32 PM
Mana actually has his own clothing line in Japan but it's HORRENDOUSLY expensive, it's about 50,000+ yen for a dress or outfit and at least 20,000 yen for a shirt. Very nice looking outfits though, if only I had the frickin money.

Decibella
04-28-2004, 01:19 AM
There is one in Paris too, maybe the exchange rate is better with Euros... ;P

cmdavis
07-22-2004, 01:38 AM
Lostboy, surf to www.shadowfae.com she makes clothing to your measurements. specify that you are actually male and she will adjust the pattern BTW Lostboy, you are beautiful!!

Juu-Sama
07-23-2004, 12:33 PM
Lostboy, surf to www.shadowfae.com she makes clothing to your measurements. specify that you are actually male and she will adjust the pattern BTW Lostboy, you are beautiful!!

yeah, that site looks pretty good. but Lostaboy, why not just make one? I didn't even have a pattern for my Lolita Mana cosplay ^_^ evne though it's not all that good, but It's wearable and cute ^_^

Juu-sama

DevilDiva
07-29-2004, 01:56 AM
Hazzah!!!!!!!!!!! people who love EGL and visual kei...and so on...can some one tell me some of the names of vintage stores where I may find EGL styled clothings?????

Juu-sama ^_^

Goodwill is a good store to get old prom dresses and such. They might not have black velvet or frilly aprons, but it's usually a cheap way to get lots of velvet and lacey things. I've also found nice things at novelty and costume stores after Halloween for very little.

Juu-Sama
08-04-2004, 01:59 PM
Goodwill is a good store to get old prom dresses and such. They might not have black velvet or frilly aprons, but it's usually a cheap way to get lots of velvet and lacey things. I've also found nice things at novelty and costume stores after Halloween for very little.

taking the lacy things and velvets off of thoose dresses and putting them onto a new dress is also a good idea....especially when whe prom dresses and such are wayyyyyyyyyyy to pink and girly to be properly elegant gothic....(planing to go to prom as Gackt from Miserable hohohohohoho)

Juu-sama

Evil Alchemist
03-05-2005, 02:15 AM
I was thinking about going as Rayne from Bloodrayne to a con someday.