PDA

View Full Version : First con, etc.

Finding Beauty
03-29-2004, 05:47 PM
Okay, so, while not new to the idea of cosplaying (I've loved to nance around in costumes for years, for costume parties and random photo shoots or what-not), I'ven ever actually been to a con. This is in part because of the fact that I'm not a big fan of anime -- I love Japanese video games, but only a few anime/manga series -- but since my best friend has been wanting to go to a con, and I have a friend visiting from out of state, we decided we'd hit Animazement while he's here.

I live in Eastern North Carolina -- Greenville, to be specific -- so for years I've been under the impression that there's nothing interesting to do around here . . . and initially, when I found out there was a con in NC (I was originally going to hold out and go to Otakon in July for my first con), I wasn't very impressed with the idea, since, again, I've been heavily under the impression of NC being boring.

But, I have been encouraged by seeing a lot of people with good things to say about Animazement -- so, I was wondering if anyone could tell me anything I might want or need to know going into it?

quadrain61
03-29-2004, 07:37 PM
This is the one of the only things that's FUN in NC. Depends on how you want your fun at AZ makes the diffrence. Before you go to Otakon you would want to start off low because I heard it's better to go to a smaller one before your first time at Otakon because Otakon is what I've heard is HUGE!!!

I agree on NC being boring but AZ is known on the east side. Heck we have Japanese GoH coming.

Animazement - Video rooms, Game room (small but exciting), people coming from all over the place including Canada, Cosplay event, photoshoots, and more (including the wonderful dealers room)

The usual anime con stuff