PDA

View Full Version : The thing on the side of Naruto's jacket?

paruto
03-30-2004, 02:06 AM
Hi. I was planning on making a Naruto t-shirt rather than his jacket because it'd be cheaper, easier and more comfortable (since it'll be hot in late may). I was just wondering how i should go about putting that white circular/swirly thingy on the side of his jacket? It has 2 things on the side of it with strings going down the side. Err... hopefully you know what i'm talking about. Anywho, any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

allyunion
03-30-2004, 04:16 AM
It's just a whirlwind like symbol. It is one of the Kohana symbols for the village. It is the same as it is for Naruto's back, just smaller.

Kurai Kaze
03-30-2004, 09:49 AM
Alright, my plans for the thingy on the shoulder:
First, you need a hemp rope and some sculpty. Red and white paint, too. (don't forget an oven to heat the sculpty). Now, make the shape of the weird beady thingy out of the sculpty and pop it in the oven for however long it says. Next, you want to paint the beady thingy in the prescribed colors (red for the two ends and white in the middle) then drill a hole through it near the top. String the robe through it and you've got the first part made. Woohoo! Don't forget to knot the rope at the two ends.
Now, before we secure that on the jacket we need to make the spiral patch.
I planned to make it out of a piece of fleece for my jacket since that's what the rest of the jacket is made of, but you can pick whatever you want. You need to make the spiral pattern by hand sewing silver rope in the appropriate fashion to the circle of cloth, then hand sew the newly-dubbed patch on to the shoulder.
Alright, got some craft leather?
Contrary to popular belief, if you see it in closeups, this is not two pieces of leather on each side, but rather one to each side folded in half. You'll need fairly wide pieces of craft-leather to complete this. Sew the outside of each half of leather on to the shoulder at either side of the patch. Leave room for the hemp rope.
Next, place the rope ontop of your half-stitched leather and fold over. Hand-sew again to close and VOILA! Fine!
^^ Hope it helps.

ZakuKitty
03-30-2004, 09:54 AM
My friend and I made the swirly patches. >_> We made ours out of something I can't remember. <_< Good luck with yours. ^___^ Sounds like you have everything worked out well. ^__^

Kurai Kaze
03-30-2004, 10:00 AM
Don't keep me in suspense, Zaku. lol. Let me know when you remember what the stuff you made it out of was. PM me or something.

paruto
03-30-2004, 04:56 PM
wow, thanks kurai. :)

hmm.. i didn't know that those two brown things on the side were leather. i thought they were like the white piece in a different color. i've never done any sewing or anything, but i don't think it should be too hard. hopefully i'll figure out how to work it. thanks again for the help!

Kurai Kaze
03-30-2004, 10:20 PM
If you have a good friend with a machine and who knows how to sew it's really easy. I picked it up in one day just sewing an apron pattern. You'll do fine, I'm sure!