PDA

View Full Version : High Quality Photoshoot, Need Models

yukitoLeonheart
03-30-2004, 04:58 AM
Ok, after working really hard with my digital SLR camera, I think I have it down REALLY well. In fact, the deciding factor came this weekend when my friends said my pictures were "gorgeous" and they really admired some of the shots".

All a photoshoot requires is 10 minutes of your time (I know it should be shorter, but I need more shots as I really want to get some gorgeous shot's, and it can take me a shot or 2) a location, and that's about it. I guess if I had to be going for an angle it would be trying to make cosplayers look like art. With the proper lighting angles and shooting, I can do that in about anyplace at a convention, but preferably there will be a nice place right in front of the hotel.

If anyone is interested, either PM me or just respond here. In case you want to see the difference and the kind of quality of photos I have been doing recently, here are a few. The first one you can't tell because the photo is small, but I shot it in a low lit Japanese restaurant and shot the loff the right side to give Kate, Jeff's wife more light on her face.

Anyway, any help would be much appreciated. There are a few shot's my friend took of me using the camera in my gallery, but those are just small examples of what shooting can be like, I am looking for more of a Full Body photography, as most costumes are just that.

thanks,
Matt

makonurikoryoko
03-30-2004, 10:30 AM
aww your chinchilla looks sad ;_; I weep for it

Anyway, we should prolly chill for a bit at the con anyway so if you need me for pics I'm happy tp oblige. The only thing is I think the only costumes I'm doing are manga Belldandy and Yomi's cafe out from Azumanga... there is stil slight possibilty of an EGL on Sunday >_> but I dunno. I'll prolly be dressed down but somewhat funky most of the con. Just lemme know hun.

TheAnarCHris
03-30-2004, 11:14 AM
I'm pretty sure Carrie and I are game dude. We're gonna be rocking our respected SeeD costumes and Rinoa Ball Room dresses (No, I'm not wearing the dress you pervs). Just say when and where on Saturday and we're in.

EvilMoogleQueen
03-30-2004, 03:36 PM
I'm assuming you are going to bring your camera to the FMA photoshoot... you can take lots of pretty pictures there ^^

makonurikoryoko
03-30-2004, 04:27 PM
I take back the Sunday thing. Ill be leaving early Sunday so if I get my EGL done ill wear it sometime Saturday XD blah

yukitoLeonheart
03-30-2004, 05:34 PM
THis sounds perfect, thanks guys! I will be so happy to. I can't wait :). I am really excited. BTW, the Chilla wasn't sad, he was just suprised because I was shooting in extremely low light, because a lense with a low f stop can pick up decent pictures even when doing that. This is my first cosplay experience shooting though.

Ali
03-30-2004, 06:33 PM
Definitely see if you have the time to attend the scheduled photoshoots we've set up so far... I'm sure everyone involved would appreciate it! (ahem... Ah My Goddess... ^_^)
The quality looks marvelous! Can't wait to see what you come up with at AB.

Sweet~Pea
03-30-2004, 06:43 PM
Yeah, If you go to the Ah! My Goddess shoot and the Paradise Kiss shoot that would be really cool. It'll be out in the public gardens so you could get some really interesting shots :) I'd be game for any shots you want to take of me :japan: Could we use pics you took to put on our personal cosplay sites? I could really use some nicely done pics of my costumes. PM me if you want ;)
Cheers
-Christa

yukitoLeonheart
03-30-2004, 07:39 PM
YEa, of course, all pics are for the cosplayers as I have no cosplay site, so when I am done I will just give you all the pictures on a disc so you can choose which one's you'd like, Some of the larger one's I will shoot at a large res so they are around 3 mb.

Lafiel
03-30-2004, 09:37 PM
Yukito baby :D
I hope you got my previous PM's.
But anyways if you come and find me at the Art Show room I'm so for getting some pretty pictures taken. You might have to take a lot I'm still working on being more photogenic!

lialia
03-30-2004, 09:45 PM
i have alot of new costumes im debuting for animeboston (Belldandy-tsukai, Eternal Mars, and Noriko from gravi) so some nice pictures would be wonderful

i highly reccommend the AMG group like Ali said*shamelessly plugs* well have both indoor and outdoor shots and the gardens are really beautiful and some flowers should be coming up soon too

yukitoLeonheart
03-30-2004, 10:57 PM
this all sounds wonderful, I am more then happy to take tons of photo's of indiciduals and groups all weekend and get some GORGEOUS shots, I am getting the hang of things really fast with the new flash, too.

Yea, I will probably come to many of the shoots, esp any requested.

dressdragn
04-02-2004, 03:08 PM
Anyway, any help would be much appreciated. There are a few shot's my friend took of me using the camera in my gallery, but those are just small examples of what shooting can be like, I am looking for more of a Full Body photography, as most costumes are just that.

thanks,
Matt

As part of the guilty gear photo (on saturday) shoot we will be visting the near by Boston Commans Park. It should have good out door light, and be a better back drop then some hotel wall. It'd would be great if you could join us.

Also if you want 1 on 1 shot with anyone in the robo ky/ky group just let me know. I'd be intrested in doing some indviduals my self.

~Anna

Cocoa
04-02-2004, 04:45 PM
I wouldn't mind getting some nice photos of any of my costumes taken, as my wonderful photo-skilled friend sadly can't make it to AB ^^ I'll probably only be at the NE_COSP and Cosplay.com shoots, although I'll say hi if I see you wandering the halls (I think I've seen some photos of you at some point...)

yukitoLeonheart
04-02-2004, 04:47 PM
I would love too, decent lighting is the best, but even more, I love when the scenery is natural. I keep trying to get more practice, esp since my friend just got her wedding dress, but no one can see it. using the lense with the new flash is difficult because there are so many new things I don't know and these advanced "bounce" techniques.

I love photography, and I am starting to get somewhat of a grasp, but SLR is such a difference. The books on photography and the manuals help a lot though, but I need life experience.

TyJILDown
04-02-2004, 06:25 PM
I'll be avaliable Friday & Saturday at the con. I'm only bringing three costumes, Sakura (Naruto) Ibu (Prince of Tennis) and the debut of Kin (Naruto)

But yea...lighting in the hotel was a bit ehhhh but in some areas it can work!

Dewy
04-02-2004, 07:17 PM
Oh, I'd love to help! ^.^ Where would you hold it? Just right infront of the hotel? On Saturday I'm...mm...Wind Pretear.

Kurthy133
04-02-2004, 08:01 PM
cmon yukito! *pokepoke* *botherbother*

you know you wanna come to the ParaKiss and AMG photoshoots! you know you do!
yay for shameless plugs! XD

Aer
04-02-2004, 08:26 PM
You will be coming to the FF photoshoot, won't you? XD

RikkuX
04-04-2004, 12:07 PM
Hey Yukito - I'll be Faye Friday, and Rei and Temari on Saturday, so lemme know where you're doin' a photo shoot. I'd love to be there! ^_^

Sami
04-04-2004, 01:35 PM
I'll be there all three days; costumes are Battousai Kenshin from the Kenshin OVA, Camus from Suikoden II, and little short lovely Edward from Fullmetal Alchemist. :) PM me if you want to use any of my costumes, and we can set up a meeting place. ^_^

Kiarrens
04-04-2004, 02:29 PM
lol! Another Edward! ^^
If I might make a suggestion, Yukito, you may want to consider attending the masquerade to get pics of those costumes. Last year we were all lined up in the hallway for an hour or so before making it backstage, or if you could come backstage and get shots that might work out well also.
On a personal note, I'll be cosplaying KH Sephiroth, Chibi-Edward-kun from Fullmetal Alchemist, and Vash from Trigun... ^_^ I'd love to have my pic taken, maybe you should have some sort of sign saying who you are so we'll know you when we see you ~_^

yukitoLeonheart
04-05-2004, 01:12 PM
I love FMA, and Rikku, I have to shoot you because I need a photo where someone would say "holy............that IS Temari" just from like the look.......like from the Ten Ten battle.

Yea, I so want to be there for the hallway comp and masquerade. I am going to a lot of shoots. The thing is I am shooting with a resolution that is really high so after every photoshoot I need to stick the photos on the computer because it can only take 78 photos. I still need to work the flash more decently, this thing is harder then I though, the iso (amount of light let in) has all these different affects, and how you use the flash effects it. But, yea. If I get amazing shots, before i resize them, I want them in a large resolution so I can print them out on large size prints.

I am really excited, although I do feel bad for my pets taking so many photos.

RikkuX
04-05-2004, 03:48 PM
hehe all right, so Saturday - probably after 1 I'll definitely be Temari and i even got the bigass fan!

sheepsarai
04-07-2004, 02:24 PM
hahaa i know anime boston is jus a day or two away now, but if u still need peoples i'd be happy to serve as a modl for you on saturday when i will be dressed up!, you can pm me if you still have space/ feel like taking a pic!

Jowy
04-08-2004, 01:21 AM
Sounds cool! Try to catch me on Saturday when I am wearing Miklotov.

**I'll be running around with Sami dressed as my counterpart, Camus.

Dagger
04-08-2004, 07:01 AM
My friends and I are going in a small FFX group, it'd be great to get some good pictures of us! :)

TyJILDown
04-11-2004, 07:19 PM
Dude, my boyfriend wanted to take your camera haha And yes, you can see in this thread that I DID warn your about the lighting!!

I look foward to seeing the pictures you took of us, thank you again *hugs*

yukitoLeonheart
04-11-2004, 10:07 PM
I am finally back, I really <3 expensive 6 hour train rides. No, but the best photos I got were outside, and even then, it took me a day to learn how to use it.

I am putting up pictures now, I will post again when I am done,I can only fit a ferw, I need more gallery space. Also, it took me so long to get used to so nothing was thta decent. I got some photos that I like, but I didn't get many amazing shots or knew how to shoot decent until the last day.

yukitoLeonheart
04-11-2004, 11:29 PM
Yea, I am running out of space.

I could only fit 4, but I like them moderately more then others.

People who I have pictures for if you want them, just PM me

Aer, Lafiel, RikkuX, JIL!, Ender

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=123530&size=big&password=0d718e03009f8f3db97b0bbb1cd5a92c&sort=1&cat=500

I like the wing and bunny said it's gorgeous, I trust her judgement because of her cosplay skills and coolness

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=123526&size=big&password=0d718e03009f8f3db97b0bbb1cd5a92c&sort=1&cat=500

Like it because of Eye's

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=123528&size=big&password=0d718e03009f8f3db97b0bbb1cd5a92c&sort=1&cat=500

Such a pretty shot

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=123527&password=0d718e03009f8f3db97b0bbb1cd5a92c&sort=1&size=big&cat=500&page=

Jil actually makes Sakura look tough and I like how shooting off the Kunai worked really really decently!

I have a lot more, like this GORGEOUS shot of Aer, who I think should of won an award, but I don't know how to flip it and save it. I used a color enhancer filter on her and it's just amazing.

Here is one of her.....,

Things went well but it took me til the last day to learn how to semi use things how I wanted them to. I am surprised things turned out moderately ok.

Thank you to everyone who gave me their time, I would of loved to do mroe, but I didn't know who was who and everyone seemed to be busy when I wanted to talk to them, and I needed quite a while for some.

edit...... um for some reason the picture of you isn't showing up Aer, and it's in the attachments still, I am confused.