PDA

View Full Version : Food

Admin
03-31-2004, 01:49 PM
This thread is for discussing food you'd like to bring. If you know for sure you're bringing something, please put "CONFIRMED" next to it and I will add it to the master list here. Example- CONFIRMED: Three bags of chips.

Last year, I brought a good portion of the food. This year, I'll be bringing a few things but not nearly as much. Keep that in mind - we'll need people to either bring their own food or at least confirm that they can bring something to share.

No need to worry about things like plates, cups, forks, napkins, condiments, etc. We will be providing those so we can make sure we have enough. We will also have plenty of ice.

For drinks, if you'd like to bring a 12-pack of soda or water or even a 2-liter that works just as well.

PLEASE NOTE! Do not assume that this list means there will be endless free food. The safest way to plan is to bring something to eat for yourself, and especially if you're bringing a few non-cosplaying guests. There will be extra food, but even if you can bring a $2 bag of hotdog buns, it adds to the food cache and means less last-minute runs to the store to get more food at the picnic.

CONFIRMED FOOD LIST

-- Extra Stuff --
Napkins, plates, plastic silverware, cups - Admin and Aeris
Condiments (mustard, mayo, ketchup) - Admin and Aeris

-- Food --
"Backup" food (40-50 hotdogs and 40-50 burgers) - Admin and Aeris
Box of Boca Burgers (vegetarian burgers) - Admin and Aeris
Cheese - Admin and Aeris
Brownies - Tenshi
Sushi - Duck
Hot Dogs - vegasriff
3 packs of fudge sticks - bananaluvs
two bags of chips and a bag of pretzels - Mink/Benda
two bags of hotdog buns - Mink/Benda
two bags of hamburger buns - Mink/Benda

-- Drinks --
A few 12-packs or 2-liters of soda - P-Chan
Case of water bottles - HowlinMadMurphy
Water and soda - Firefox
Water - Allyunion
Mountain Dew - vegasriff
3 12-packs of soda - Jess the Kitty

duck
03-31-2004, 02:52 PM
Would anyone want some rice? I can bring a rice cooker full of rice(I think it is a 5 cup capacity).

Theoretically, I can also bring sushi making stuff and make some sushi when I get there if anyone's interested in such.

Admin
03-31-2004, 03:37 PM
Our only problem will be outlets, as I only saw two outlets for the entire pavillion. I'll be bringing a couple of extension cords and a serge protector or two though, so we can probably hook something like that up if you'd like. Just make sure I know exactly what you'll need and I'll add it to the list of stuff to bring.

P-chan
04-02-2004, 12:00 AM
so far... what we have eatable to social norms are Rice and Ice....

I want to go to the picnic!

I will be bringing food =^_^= sorta undecided at the moment.

Confirmed: Drinks ( not too much...)

maybe 2 or 3 twelve packs... and maybe a few 2 liters...

C YA ALL LATER! XD

HowlinMadMurphy
04-02-2004, 02:35 AM
Duck, make me some sushi with mayo! ARG!
Confirmed: Case of water bottles. I'll probably pick up some junk at the store the day before, but don't have any specifics in my head at this point.

Tenshi
04-02-2004, 10:37 AM
I'll be making brownies. I guess I'd better make two or three pans, judging from how many people are going to be there.

dEmEnTeDcHiCkEn
04-03-2004, 01:49 AM
I dunno, it depends if I come. Considering I'll be Naota, perhaps I'll bring Ramen?

Admin
04-03-2004, 02:00 AM
I wouldn't count on there being any way to make hot water at the pavillion, so I'd advise against the ramen. At least we don't really want a mess of pots and pans to have to clean up after all is said and done. :)

duck
04-05-2004, 02:00 PM
Okay, I'll confirm that I'll bring a rice cooker full of rice(at least four-five cups, more than enough for sushi).

I'll also bring some basic sushi making implements and meterials, probably for simple california or cucumber rolls, and if Murphy brings mayo, I'll put mayo in a roll just for her.

I'll need a power outlet and an extension cord, if possible. If not, I can precook/premake, but it's always so much better fresh.

Jess the Kitty
04-05-2004, 08:35 PM
I can bring a few 12 packs of sodas as well. I know the drinks go FAST at picnics. ^^;; I just have to ask Tenshi how much room she'll have in her car. :P

Reaver
04-06-2004, 02:33 AM
I'm sorry. If I actually did something that brought me income, I would buy food to share. But, unfortunately, I canonly provide for myself and my bro.

Anele
04-06-2004, 04:08 PM
Why don't we all chip in and order a few pizzas? "All" meaning those who want pizza, that is.

Admin
04-06-2004, 04:53 PM
Why don't we all chip in and order a few pizzas? "All" meaning those who want pizza, that is.
We have to bring our own food. Pizza delivery is considered the same as "catering" by the park and I'd have to file paperwork with them for that.

Anele
04-06-2004, 05:04 PM
Oh really? Hmm, didn't expect that.

Squall
04-06-2004, 05:07 PM
If you wanna order pizza, then maybe some peeps should get together on that and go out someplace nearby and get it for "Carry Out". Then you can just bring it to the picnic.

Anele
04-06-2004, 05:13 PM
Yeah, that was the second part of my idea, actually. *shrugs* Only if people want it.

Jess the Kitty
04-07-2004, 05:33 AM
Oh ho ho, if I made little strawberry cakes, would anyone eat them?~ :crylaugh:

I suppose it's a good idea to cover actual food before thinking of desserts.

The carry-out pizza idea sounds good to me, but I've never attended sooo. I'm not familiar with how things work. ^^;

Emiko
04-07-2004, 06:46 PM
I'm 70% sure I can bring cookies and/or cake. Yeah, "actual food" seems to be a bit of a problem here... I wish I had more money to buy food for everyone -_-;

Admin
04-07-2004, 07:27 PM
If people can even do as little as bringing a pack of hot dogs or hot dog buns or bag of chips, or lunchmeat for sandwiches, that's all we really need. No need to feel like you have to bring food for 30 people or anything, even if 1/2 the people bring food for 2, and the other 1/2 of the people bring drinks for 2, we'll be assured nobody is going hungry. That's the goal here.

xfallenangelx
04-07-2004, 08:48 PM
Thats what I was thinking, would that work without the paperwork and stuff? Around how much per person if we did this would it be?
~Anji

vegasriff
04-07-2004, 08:51 PM
I was thinking of hitting up Costco for a big box of hot dogs...Like 30 in a box or something and a cooler full of Mountain Dew. In fact, Admin, mark me for CONFIRMED on that!

CONFIRMED: Hotdogs a plenty
CONFIRMED: Mass quantities of Mountain Dew! :)

Reaver
04-08-2004, 12:09 AM
Umm yeah, I can't bring anything in mass quantities unless its Ramen. Unless we have some way of boiling water, I can't bring anything. Is that ok?

Clueless Case
04-08-2004, 01:12 PM
What would last an hour drive...?

Anele
04-08-2004, 02:32 PM
Hmm... Bags o' chips, crackers, fruit snacks (i.e. Fruit Roll-Ups, etc.), bottles of drinks (if you don't mind them being unchilled), candy...

Red Sonic
04-08-2004, 07:22 PM
if i have posibility to go to the picnic i go, but i'm from portugal :/ it's very difficult, so i can't help you :lost:

Chanté
04-08-2004, 10:15 PM
Jon and I will bring food. I'll get back to you guys about what exactly we'll bring, but I just wanted to let you know that we'll help out. =)

Firefox
04-08-2004, 10:48 PM
At least people won't go thirsty, so here's my two cents worth:

CONFIRMED: water and soda

Plus maybe some snacks.

Reaver
04-09-2004, 01:13 AM
I'm still trying to bring stuff, but nothing confirmed yet.

allyunion
04-09-2004, 01:14 AM
Confirmed: Water

Clueless Case
04-09-2004, 04:30 AM
COnfirmed: Hawaiian spam sushi i forget the name.....BUT ITS YUMMY...Are there any markets near by...

FlameSniperRei
04-09-2004, 12:46 PM
Will and I are trying to go and if we do we'll probably bring a bag of frozen hot dogs. BTW Kyle, Will has been trying to contact you. ^^;

Admin
04-09-2004, 12:59 PM
I have a new # since last time we talked, check yonder PM's, sending now.

Squall
04-10-2004, 02:45 AM
COnfirmed: Hawaiian spam sushi i forget the name.....BUT ITS YUMMY...Are there any markets near by...

SPAM Masubi @_@ L&L's Hawaiian BBQ sells it.

Clueless Case
04-10-2004, 12:22 PM
i was planning to make them. They' re yummy

AuraGirl
04-10-2004, 02:45 PM
For everyone that's asking, there's a market across the street and one block away from the event (I think). There's a pizza place there (really good!...Hey, I have a coupon for some jumbo pizzas...hmm. I'll bring those in case anyone would like to use them), a Subway, a sushi place, a Taco place, a doughnut place, and a grocery store that sells exotic/import food, as well as the regular stuff. They have a pretty extensive food court where you can order sandwiches and pizza and roast chickens and stuff, too. There's also a bakery and ice cream.

I think walking would be possible (maybe not in full costume at midday, but...), perhaps if people really want to coordinate something that allows people to avoid having to go in and out of the park by car, one person can voulenteer to go out at midday to gather supplies, and along with the money for those, everyone can chip in for the second parking fee. I mean, it's *only* four dollars, and if 50 people want food, then the parking fee shouldn't be a problem when split up like that.

Poor booth attendant XD He or she'll end up with a mountain of small coins next weekend *L*

I could also talk to the pizza place and see if they can deliver to some area at the outside of the park. That is, I think there's a shoulder on the road near the exit of the park, and there's also an area they can pull into before they have to enter the parking area proper. If we talk to them beforehand and explain just *how* much pizza we want to order, they may be willing to go a little out of their way ;)

Here's the pizza place's website, for all interested:
http://ds.sonoma.edu/amecis.html (This Ameci's is in Sonoma, but it's a chain, so they have them all over the place. I think there are two in Irvine)

The grocery store's website is:
http://WholesomeChoice.com/

The address for it is:
18040 Culver Drive
Irvine, CA 92612

It's in the same plaza/shopping center as all the other things I mentioned.
Happy chowing!

Admin
04-10-2004, 07:53 PM
OK, before this gets out of hand since it's been mentioned a few times in this thread now - this is a picnic, not a pizza party. While we can always use pizza as a backup, we seem to have quite a bit of food coming now and it would be pretty bad to have 100-200 hotdogs and hamburgers and the like go to waste for the sake of a bunch of pizza.

Let's stick to "picnic" food that everyone can just bring in their cars and not get carried away here with 50 different plans of attack.

This thread is for people who want to bring some extra food for the masses. I'm expecting most people will bring their own food. If we find at the picnic that we're lacking something, we'll make a run. Right now my own numbers (including stuff not on the list) look like we have enough food to feed 150-200 people at least once.

Things we're currently lacking - cheap stuff like chips and pretzels, etc, also we could use more hotdog and hamburger buns.

Chanté
04-10-2004, 07:56 PM
CONFIRMED:
1 bag of Keebler Fudge Stripes (Fudge covered shortbread cookies)
2 bags of Keebler Fudge Sticks (Fudge covered creme wafers)

I know it doesn't seem like much, but Jon and I aren't going to eat these (I hate them ^_^;), so that's why I've included it in this thread, "for the masses". Jon has a STASH of these in his room, and he's decided to actually share some of them. Rejoice! ^_^

I hope everyone likes the addition! :D

Crazy Bunta
04-10-2004, 08:23 PM
SPAM Masubi @_@ L&L's Hawaiian BBQ sells it.

I've had my daily recommended amount of Spam Musubi for the past 3 months. :P, (gee wonder where I've been?). Some places also call it spam onigiri even though spam musubi is the correct name. It's not really a food item that sits well in the sun or in a cooler. All of the ABC stores carry it in a little oven to keep them warm and it's usually eaten right there and then. Just a little FYI for anyone who's considering bringing some.

I will probably mooch off of Gina and Will's hot dogs if they go. Although there is no way I'm getting in the car with Will. :P The whole 3rd rule of riding in the car with Will.

*EDIT:
Hey Admin, you mentioned something about a few BBQ grills. Just wanted to know if we had to supply charcoal, lighter fluid, etc. or if they were gas grills that don't require anythign more then a push of the button.

Reaver
04-10-2004, 09:57 PM
Well, I'm still trying to bring stuff.....I will confirm in a day or two! ^_^

Rogue Marvel
04-11-2004, 01:33 PM
I'm planing on going shoping this week and buying a big bag of rolls, several types of cheese, meats and other things so we can make mini sandwitches.

Hopeful I will be able to confirm that I'm bring this by the middle of the week, just have to go out and get the stuff be for I confirm.

but yeah..thats what I'm planing on bringing

I'm also talking to my friend who might be showing up about bring somthing

Mink
04-11-2004, 01:38 PM
Confirmed: two bags of chips and a bag of pretzels
Confirmed: two bags of hotdog buns
Confirmed: two bags of hamburger buns

I'll add more later when I talk to benda...we may bring something else too depending on what it looks like we are lacking more towards the end of the week.

Hey is it possible to bring rice to make in the rice cooker for those of us who dont like sushi? I mean is the rice cooker available for use Duck?

duck
04-11-2004, 04:36 PM
Oh yeah! You can definitely use my rice cooker.

Not that much rice goes into making sushi, anyway, so there'll probably be a lot left for those who just want rice.

Jess the Kitty
04-11-2004, 05:11 PM
Oh, I never confirmed. Gomen!

1 12 pack of Coke
1 12 pack of Squirt
1 12 pack of Dr Pepper :heart:

Also making strawberry cakes but I don't think I can afford to make enough for everyone. ^^;;

Reaver
04-12-2004, 03:38 PM
no. I can't bring anything! :waaaah: I am broke!

duck
04-12-2004, 04:06 PM
You've already said that.

AuraGirl
04-12-2004, 06:19 PM
[QUOTE=Admin]OK, before this gets out of hand since it's been mentioned a few times in this thread now - this is a picnic, not a pizza party. While we can always use pizza as a backup, we seem to have quite a bit of food coming now and it would be pretty bad to have 100-200 hotdogs and hamburgers and the like go to waste for the sake of a bunch of pizza.

Wanted to apologize if I spoke out of turn up there, it's just that people were asking about food, and as a local, I just wanted to inform them where they could buy things if they didn't want to pack a lunch/eat picnic food/whatever, since that stuff is pretty nearby. (Also in case anyone wanted to get picnic supplies but didn't have a cooler, etc...since the grocery store is right there..but..nevermind.)

Again, sorry if I caused trouble or something, I just wanted to spread the info since it seemed to me like people were concerned. I'm glad to know that everything is working out! Huzzah!

Admin
04-12-2004, 06:39 PM
No need to apologize. I just wanted to let everyone know the overall food situation before we wound up having a bunch of pizza deliveries and outside plans making the main food supply all go to waste.

vegasriff
04-12-2004, 09:11 PM
It's not exactly food, but how are the BBQ supplies (charcoal, charcoal fluid) being handled?

Admin
04-12-2004, 09:13 PM
It's not exactly food, but how are the BBQ supplies (charcoal, charcoal fluid) being handled?
Taken care of.

Reaver
04-12-2004, 10:50 PM
I wish we could bring food.

Emiko
04-15-2004, 07:58 PM
I decided what to bring!

CONFIRMED: One 9" x 13" chocolate cake. :) (it's not much, but it's something!)

Eurobeat King
04-16-2004, 12:22 AM
When I get there Friday night I'll be sure to stop by a 7-11 or the nearby Ralph's that Admin mentioned, and get some bags of chips, dip, and drinks. I want to help contribute something for everyone to enjoy.. in addition to the pictures I'll be taking. ;)

allyunion
04-16-2004, 01:58 AM
Oops... Oh well...

Confirmed:
20 hot dog buns
16 hot dogs

NoLable721
04-16-2004, 02:23 AM
Well if anyone is cosplaying as Menchi (Excel Saga) we could always use him/her as emergentcy (sp?) food suppy ^_^ XD

Rogue Marvel
04-16-2004, 01:45 PM
We are bring (Confirmed) rolls and meat with mayo and mustered for mini sandwitches and 2 12 pakcs of Dr.pepper and 1 12 pack of lemonaid.We might have to store some of it in an ice chest once its open so i hope there is room!

Clueless Case
04-16-2004, 06:52 PM
Chips!!!!! I Have Chips!!!!! Confrim For Chips!!!!!!

duck
04-16-2004, 07:54 PM
Merf...okay, I know I said I'd bring sushi, but due to a slight problem with me and payroll(my fault, accidentally overlapped hours), I won't be bringing too much of a variety.

More specifically, I have two cucumbers, lots of rice, the prerequisite seaweed and some of that sesame seed/dried stuff mix. I'll be making cucumber rolls and rice things, but if anyone brings stuff they'd like to eat in sushi, I'll roll it.

Suzushichan
04-16-2004, 09:12 PM
Hey, I'm bringin', like, cookies or somethin'... ^_^

NoLable721
04-17-2004, 02:41 AM
I know this is at the last minute, but my friends and I are going to stop by the market before we get there, and pick up some stuff, so we might have some extra food.

P-chan
04-17-2004, 04:26 AM
for those of you who are still awake... lol

I guess i can also bring some... breath mints? (mostly for myself)

also some... twix? FUN SIZES!!! why not... but they might melt.

:thumbsup: