PDA

View Full Version : Lumberjack?!

hobbit_marco
04-01-2004, 03:29 AM
Never mind, sorry. I was asking about the lumberjack things, I forgot it was april foolsday...

Ethereal
04-01-2004, 03:43 AM
Never mind, sorry. I was asking about the lumberjack things, I forgot it was april foolsday...

xD Got me for a few seconds too. Suddenly a boring Thursday has become interesting, for the whole of a couple of seconds ;P

hobbit_marco
04-01-2004, 03:57 AM
hehe, I was fooled alright. I completly didn't think about it being april foolsday. I thought someone had hacked the database or somethings. Seconds after I posted about it here, I went to the general forum and I realized... feeling stupid

Eleryth
04-01-2004, 04:46 AM
Threw me for a loop, because I saw it change...entered one thread, exited, and then all I could see was lumberjack... and didn't even consider the time zones thing. My April fools day is almost over, so it was quite odd.

Does make reading interesting, though! ;) I just have to remember for tomorrow morning, when it's still the 1st in the US.

allyunion
04-01-2004, 05:39 AM
Er... I don't know... this may be a hack... I am unable to reach photo galleries from clicking "Photo Gallery" from a User's sub menu, additionally, certain elements are missing from site, such as the navigation menu.

I find this very... disruptive and confusing. I am making note of all the changes on the server... the actual word has been spaced out so as it might not be detected by whatever script is doing this at the moment. I really don't like it... April's Fool Day or otherwise...

Damage assestment report by AllyUnion @ 4:15 AM PST

The following changes have been made to the "forums" part of the server:
All links to c o s p l a y.com has been changed to lumberjack.com
Anything with the word 'c / o / s / p / l / a / y' has been changed to lumberjack
This includes 'c / o / s / p / l / a / y / i / n / g' = lumberjacking and such
Anything with the word 'A / n / i / m / e' has been changed to Cartoon
All Photo Gallery links now link to Google thereby doing a Image Search of "Lumberjack"
All moderators have now unique names...

The following forum names have been "pranked" upon: (this list excludes anything with the word 'cos play' or 'ani me' in it.)
Ultima
- Formally "Final" "Fantasy"
*** It looks like that all references to "Final" "Fantasy" turned into Ultima.
Lumber Discussion: Mumbling Angsty Rock / J-Pop
- Ja pa ne se Rock was the correct title here
Caulk
- The Cross playing forum
Light Switch Rave / Skit Discussion
- "Masquera de"

Side effects of the word replacing: Many links are now broken, due to the fact that if any of them included the words above, they were replaced.

Word Replacement Dictionary (that I found so far):
Ja pa ne se = Japanese
An im e = Anime
Co sp la y = Cosplay
Ad mi n = Admin
Ad mi ni st ra to rs = Administrators
"Final" "Fantasy" = Final Fantasy

Listing the Ad mi ni st ra to rs of the site forums: (Just to see what changed)
Admin
Aeris
Yuna
Rosiel
Eurobeat King
Maryssa
Studmaster
Karisu-sama
ZiggyB

*anything with the mod name's end up replacing twice after editing...

If Kyle really intended this, then he would have done the whole site, but this is not the case. Plus it would not be poorly done either. The whole change and scheme is inconsistant, and I do not believe he would take it as far as disrupting the site by making certain features not working.

KuroBara
04-01-2004, 05:40 AM
Wait til you get a personal message 0_o

allyunion
04-01-2004, 06:30 AM
One other thing, any word replacements have occurred everywhere on the forums server... this includes AIM names and such. Apparently, anyone with "Yu na" in their nick name also has been affected.

hobbit_marco
04-01-2004, 06:59 AM
yep, some things are a bit annoying.
About the admin not wanting to screw up things like the gallery, maybe he/she didn't think about it at first?

Ethereal
04-01-2004, 07:12 AM
yep, some things are a bit annoying.
About the Lars "Admin" Nordqvist not wanting to screw up things like the gallery, maybe he/she didn't think about it at first?

Pretty sure it can easilly be ammended once the script that replaces c0splay with lumberjack has been stopped. The admin knows what he's doing!

Anyhoo it's now 14:16pm here so the jokes on you now Mr.Lars :razz:

Serria
04-01-2004, 09:45 AM
Man, that totally creeped me out. I didn't associate it with April Fool's Day until I saw this thread. XD I thought my computer got yet another virus or something. I even restarted my computer... .... no, I'm not... gullible.... *cough*

RoboGundam6
04-01-2004, 09:54 AM
ITS ONLY FOR ONE DAY!

Can't we take a joke!? Jeez!

firewingpegasus
04-01-2004, 10:20 AM
lol, this is funny. I mean, i was really freaked out when i saw all the words changed even in the signatures and all, but if it is a joke then these ppl are the best administrators ever, lol :)

~Steel RK9~
04-01-2004, 11:16 AM
LMAO, the lumberjack thing is funny! At first I thought the board had been h4XX0r3d until I remembered it was April Fool's Day.

Zirofax
04-01-2004, 11:59 AM
It took me a second, I keep forgeting that it is April Fools day! I think it's REALLY funny, but I am easily amused ^^

allyunion- don't worry so much! It will go away in a day! ^^

ParnsAngel
04-01-2004, 12:08 PM
I LOVE this!
When I first started reading I thought "oh how nice, lumber! We're makin forums for the propsters too!" Until I got to like the Chicagoland Lumberjack Club, lol!!!!

Aprils Fools rocks, and so does our Lumberjack Admin XD

Ryo-sama
04-01-2004, 12:08 PM
omg, i was so confused! dau.. yeah... haha april fools...

Suzushichan
04-01-2004, 12:28 PM
Holy Cosplay!!! >o<

Ali
04-01-2004, 01:31 PM
"I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay....^_^"

Adara
04-01-2004, 01:35 PM
hahah, that got me too for a minute or so.

But I dunno, the advertisement thats usually up there ^ in the right corner of the page is gone, too.

Maybe an April Fool's hack? O_o; like "hahahahaha april fools i haxx0red j00!!"

PikminLink
04-01-2004, 02:27 PM
that got me soo bad, i though someone hacked in here or something and messed with things...and my inbox is "Secret Pagan Tree Rituals" ...that so confuesd me...and after reading this thread...now i know why

..you sure had me there ^-^

ok i cant see the button anywhere to go to anyother part of the site (photos) is that part of this april fools thing?

Adara
04-01-2004, 02:34 PM
yeah, as far as i can tell. just go to plain-ol'-vanilla c0splay.com, and the navigation buttons should be there ^_^

quadrain61
04-01-2004, 02:46 PM
Lumberjack...lol 麦価

Stueypark
04-01-2004, 02:49 PM
and there's something imaturely funny about the word "lumberjacker"

quadrain61
04-01-2004, 03:28 PM
Monty Python's "Lumberjack song"

Yuna
04-01-2004, 05:07 PM
AllyUnion: It's a joke, lighten up, jeese. Way to ruin something completely silly.

Karisu-sama
04-01-2004, 06:54 PM
Allyunion: I think you missed "Lolita" ((l0lita) :p

KuroBara
04-01-2004, 06:58 PM
and there's something imaturely funny about the word "lumberjacker"

The "Who's Lumberjacking Zelda?" is my favorite!

Ryoko-Dono
04-01-2004, 07:01 PM
Allyunion: I think you missed "Crotchety Old Woman" ((l0lita) :p

So thats what it is! ^^;; I looked on the site this morning and for most of the day I was trying to figure it out.

Kudos to the adm1ns, I for one think its hilarious, and I'm proud to be a Lumberjack!

Karisu-sama
04-01-2004, 07:50 PM
Oh yeah, try mods (M0ds) and fanboy (fanb0y)

.... and of course we must all remember to read any new Secret Pagan Tree Rituals we get... XD XD

PikminLink
04-02-2004, 12:07 AM
aawww no more lumberjacks ^^;;

lunasreincarnat
04-02-2004, 01:00 AM
well it was fun while it lasted sigh neatest joke i saw all day

Krishna
04-02-2004, 02:13 AM
Yea that got me, too... i was going to check on one of the thread.. and thinking wait a second.. this isn't what i wrote.. or is it.. can i be that stupied.. but there is my sn by it.. so silly Krish figure out like 10 min later..

HealerKou
04-02-2004, 02:38 AM
*laugh* I was worried for about 2 seconds. Then I figured it out pretty quickly. ^_^ I wonder why they chose "lumber", though? *ponders*

Yuna
04-02-2004, 02:53 AM
It's a Monty Python reference.

Karisu-sama
04-02-2004, 06:06 PM
...I mean "Lumberjack.com". Admin (Lars "Admin" Nordqvist :p ) outdid himself...... XD

1) Word Occurrence Replacements
administrator = Lars "Admin" Nordqvististrator
anime = Cartoon
chan = cheese
con = Shower
cosplay = lumberjack
cosplayer = lumberjacker
cosplaying = lumberjacking
costume = Lumber
crossplay = Caulk
fanboy = smelly nerd
Final Fantasy = Ultima
Japanese = Norwegian
J-Rock = Mumbling Angsty Rock
lolita = Crotchety Old Woman
mods = Treehuggers
masquerade = Light Switch Rave
newbie = n00b
private message = secret pagan tree ritual

2) Staff Username Replacements
Admin = Lars "Admin" Nordqvist
Aeris = Agnes "Aeris" Heyerdahl
Eurobeat King = Matthias "Eurobeat" Magne-Bondevik
Karisu-sama = Ragna "Karisu" Jensen
Maryssa = Famke "Maryssa" Petersen
Rosiel = Helga "Rosiel" Fruttenbottom
Studmaster = Bjorn "Studmaster" Erikkson
Yuna = Kjerstin "Yuna" Ullevaal
ZiggyB = Waldemar "ZiggyB" Ziggerstraut

3) Photo Gallery Changes
All Photo Gallery links were temporarily redirected to a Google Image Search on "Lumberjack"

If there's anything I missed, let me know.... :p

-- Ragna "Karisu" Jensen ( I LIKE that name and I'm keeping it around for future reference XD )

cactusmomma
04-02-2004, 06:20 PM
Where's the llamas? :o

Edit: Saw the lumberjack bouncing in the top of page banner! XD This is a riot