PDA

View Full Version : friday night dance

dressdragn
04-02-2004, 03:13 PM
are you going?

are you cosplaying? If so as who?

If not what are you whereing?

Finaly what kind of music do you think they'll play?

~Anna

Mesoian
04-02-2004, 04:25 PM
Yes

As Faust, though that bag will probably come off my head pretty soon into the dance

Probably a lot of anime themes, a lot of DDR, a lot of video game, and a lot of hiphop.

number18
04-02-2004, 05:25 PM
I do intend to go.
I probably won't be cosplaying, but I might be wearing something from one of my costumes.
I think the friday dance is supposed to play more general dance music, while the saturday dance is going to play more anime-themed and video game music. I'm not sure if that's still the plan, but that was the talk on the AB forums a little while ago.

General_Beatrix
04-02-2004, 05:57 PM
I might go, but its kind of intimidating because i think its going to be mostly people 5 years older than me XD

Ryoko-Dono
04-02-2004, 09:05 PM
I might go, but its kind of intimidating because i think its going to be mostly people 5 years older than me XD
Yea, I'm 15 so its not like can, nor would I, go off and have sex with a random stranger I meet at the dance.
I dont much care for dances, too many people, and I'm usually pretty tired by then.

TheAnarCHris
04-02-2004, 10:55 PM
Carrie and I plan to wear our respected FF8 costumes to the dance. seeing how it fits (ballroom scene, etc.) But I think tha'ts for the Sat night one. Friday, if we go and arent arrested, will probably be just a causal thing.

JacksUsername
04-02-2004, 11:14 PM
i'm probalby going to the friday dance, but it really depends more on the weather than anything else...if its really cold and windy I might just leave early so I can catch the T before they stop...otherwise, I'll probably stay and enjoy the dance ^_^

smellme37
04-03-2004, 02:59 AM

I went to both dances last year, and I didn't see anyone who could have been over 18, aside from myself (21 at the time.) It was mostly 12-17 year olds. I don't plan on going this year because I was extremely bored last year. (what 15 year old wants to dance with that creepy older guy in the corner anyway :lost: ) But, if more people my age will show up I'd be willing to make a fool of myself "8th grade dance" style. :dance:

Joe

dressdragn
04-03-2004, 04:29 PM
I went to both dances last year, and I didn't see anyone who could have been over 18, aside from myself (21 at the time.) It was mostly 12-17 year olds. But, if more people my age will show up I'd be willing to make a fool of myself "8th grade dance" style. :dance:

Joe

The crew and I will be at least one of the dances, and were all 20-something. Well unless we find another party with black jack, hookers and beer. Actualy forget the first 2....

Can anyone tell me if the music sucks or not? do they play requests?

~Anna

Mesoian
04-03-2004, 05:22 PM
Something tells me, excursions will be made to good times, were there is video games, poker, black jack, and beer.

Actually, going to good times in costume would be pretty fun as well. Though, I don't knwo if the bouncers would like that too much

TheAnarCHris
04-04-2004, 12:08 AM
DD, Vic and I are going to be at this con, hookers, blackjack and liquor are pretty much guarantee...although, selling e to the 15 yr olds would be pretty friggin amusing...

Ryoko-Dono
04-04-2004, 10:54 AM
DD, Vic and I are going to be at this con, hookers, blackjack and liquor are pretty much guarantee...although, selling e to the 15 yr olds would be pretty friggin amusing...

Sell booze to the 15yr olds! ^^;; Kidding.. mostly..

Dragonrage
04-04-2004, 11:02 AM
I'm 22 and my whol group which is in our 20s will be going to the dance to make be fools of ourselves because being a fool is cool! :D

I dunno if I'm going to go as My bad kyo from fruits basket or my keiichi costume from oh my goddess

Jubie-Chan
04-04-2004, 11:44 AM
heh, this dance is already sounding promising.

Paxus
04-04-2004, 12:12 PM
I'll be djing for a portion of the dances. Friday is going to be a little more edm based (house/breaks/trance/hardcore/etc.) with a lil bit of vg/anime/jpop/jrock thrown in for good measure. Saturday is going to be all vg/anime/jpop/jrock/euro/etc. I did the dance at katsu, and Rob Lantz will also behind the decks. We've got a couple others stepping up for djing duties as well, should be a good time. : ) -&rew

PS Any requests?

Dragonrage
04-04-2004, 12:34 PM
I'll be djing for a portion of the dances. Friday is going to be a little more edm based (house/breaks/trance/hardcore/etc.) with a lil bit of vg/anime/jpop/jrock thrown in for good measure. Saturday is going to be all vg/anime/jpop/jrock/euro/etc. I did the dance at katsu, and Rob Lantz will also behind the decks. We've got a couple others stepping up for djing duties as well, should be a good time. : ) -&rew

PS Any requests?

I have a request, could you throw some Overclock remixes into the mix? A lot of them rock like the Final fantasies and the megaman 2 sets http://www.ocremix.org

Paxus
04-04-2004, 12:53 PM
I have a request, could you throw some Overclock remixes into the mix? A lot of them rock like the Final fantasies and the megaman 2 sets http://www.ocremix.org
obviously you've never been to any of my dances, i use tons of Oc mixes : )

Mesoian
04-04-2004, 05:41 PM
PS Any requests?

Anything, or all of, the jet set radio and jet set radio future soundtracks

Paxus
04-05-2004, 09:47 AM
Mesoian: : ) already planning on it, most people don't realize just how funky the soundtracks are. -&rew

Lollipop
04-05-2004, 11:16 AM
naaah... Im not going this year. TT__TT normally I would, but I'd be by myself.... Next year me and a bunch of friends r deffinitly coming, so watch out!!! but hey, if I find a cute guy at the con, who knows whats gonna happen ^_~

Dragonrage
04-05-2004, 11:21 AM
obviously you've never been to any of my dances, i use tons of Oc mixes : )

I'm terribly sorry, I have been really been to any dance this will be my first. My apologizes.

I have a little request and then I'll go crawl into a hole in shame. Could you play Inuyasha's seventh ending "Come" By Namie Amuro?

Mesoian
04-05-2004, 11:48 AM
Mesoian: : ) already planning on it, most people don't realize just how funky the soundtracks are. -&rew

Sweet. Grace/Glory original is the pinical of funky, as is Sneakman (toronto mix).

I have dreams of guilty gear xx battles to sneakman toronto mix.

Also, bjork, tricky and massive attack, not in that order.

and LAMB

LOTS
AND
LOTS
OF
LAMB

::Sighs because so few people have ever heard of lamb::

Also, Ai No Mi, which is the new uberfunky ED theme to Samurai Champloo

KagoMeryl
04-05-2004, 12:06 PM
Erm...YEAH! I'm going ^_^ As long as my 'rents decide it's okay -.-

I'm going to be cosplaying as Sango, I think, if I can find a way to make her armor and such. I already have the bodysuit, tights, some suitable shoes, gloves...

THEY'D BETTER PLAY J-ROCK!!! I swear, if I hear Gackt...I will flip out and dance like a mad thing. xD

dressdragn
04-05-2004, 12:23 PM

PS Any requests?

Requests (I hope I'm not asking to much but just think of this as sugestions not things you have to play)

Sunbeam by Submarine

Loaded by Bran Van 3000

anything danc-e by Basment Jaxx (I like Do your thing but they have stuff
that more electronic that you might prefer)

Smoke and Mirriors or The Horror by RJD2

Perhaps a little Chibo Matta?

Tristeza is realy nice

I want to get in your pants by the Cramps

Asian Pride by High Standard

Too Cool for School by Foutains of Wayne

Rock this Join by Horton Heat

She Moves me by Four Tet

Gutter mouth by Bree Sharp

Brace Yorself (or anything else by) Mu-ziq

Hot in the City by Billy Idol

Harder Better Faster Stronger by Daft Punk

All Day and All of the Night by the Kinks

Tonite by Supercar

For the more J-dance:

I'd love to here some 5.6.7.8's Guitar Date, Bomb the Twist and Teenage Cleopatra are all fav's of mine

How about Shakkazombie there best known song is Shiroi Yami No Naka,

Petty Booka's Fujiyama Mama is brilant and under apricated

Toshiyuki Honda is a genius but I esicaly like her work composing for the metroplis sound trak some of my faves are Metroplis going to the Zone and El Bombero.

Anywho sorry that was so long, this is all of the top of my head so if you wanted to talk more in depth about music email me at purpledragn22@hotmail.com Also if you need any of the songs listed, email me and I can get them to you.

~Anna

Sent of Sweet or We have a Theam song by the Pillows

Mesoian
04-05-2004, 02:28 PM
Perhaps a little Chibo Matta?

BIRTHDAY CAKE!!!
I've frightened small children by singing this song in the car while driving down the highway

KagoMeryl
04-05-2004, 07:55 PM

PS Any requests?

REQUESTS?! KYAAA!!! Of course! I...want...GACKT! Nyee. *is now spazzing beyond belief* To be really overly annoying...

For the more "normal" dance...I'd love to hear...stuff from the Queen of the Damned ST xD And um...what other music do I listen to?! xD I'm so into J-Rock and stuff that I've forgotten American music ><

For the J-night...heh.

You must play "Vanilla". Over and over again. Or rather, at least once. Because I am addicted to that song and Gackt is my favorite person...ever xD I'd love to hear "Lust for Blood" as well...nyee. "Mind Forest" and "White Eyes" couldn't hurt. Nor could "Seven". Most of his others that I know are kinda...slow.

Ayumi Hamasaki's "Evolution" must go up at least once, I know *all* of the words xD

I want...CHANGE THE WORLD FROM INUYASHA! xD Oh dear. So pop >< Err...I wouldn't mind the eurobeat remix of "Carnival Babel" from Blue Seed, if that's findable...I have it on CD.

If we have CDs, should we bring them? I'm new to cons and I really don't know a ton about how big it'll be ^^;

*is way too excited* sorry if I'm being annoying, it's my first Con ever.

Paxus
04-05-2004, 09:50 PM
Wow, thanx everybody for all the great requests, some good stuff in here, lemme try and respond to a few:

Dragonrage - you are forgiven, you will soon learn the ways of the &rew and rob, it will be good, oh yes, it will be good : ). didn't mean to come off angrily or anything, but yeah expect some Oc.

Mesoian: good choices, consider it done. I think i have some bjork, so i'll try to bring that. I might play Lamb if i can find some of the faster remixes, (yes, have heard of them). I'll have to look for "Ai No Mi", haven't heard it. If you can, burn it to cd, and bring it to the friday dance so i can play it saturday.

KagoMeryl: I'll have to look for some gackt soon, I don't have enough jrock remixes : /
At the very least you'll hear Malice Mizer's "Color Me Blood Red", cuz its the bomb diggity : ). Yes, bring cds for the saturday dance on friday nite. Some people will bring me stuff on saturday nite during the dance, which kinda sux cause i can't really get a chance to listen to it, or know how it will fit into the dance. So anywho, bring cds, or burned copies, and lemme hear it before saturday, i might have some time during the dance on friday to take cds for saturday, i'll put up a sign if i can. And lastly, nope you're not annoying ^_^, everybody has been where you're at. I still get excited about cons, and i've been doing them since 97.

dressdragn: Nice selection of stuff. Varied to say the least, but some very good stuff. I'll probably send ya an email tomorrow, or hit me up on AIM at PxsObli. There is definetly some Basement Jaxx and Daft Punk in the forecast, ya can count on that.

EvilMoogleQueen
04-05-2004, 10:37 PM
Last year at AB the DJ didn't have a lot of music... so he played the same stuff two nights in a row. Otakon's dance was really bad... I think they started playing rap a one point.

I'm trying to think of songs tha would be decent to dance too... most are too fast or too slow.

Play something from FMA (anything... doesn't matter what) and you will make a whole bunch of people really happy...heh heh

TheAnarCHris
04-06-2004, 12:08 AM
BP would shoot me if I didnt suggest anything when I have the chance, so.....

ANYTHING by Mindless Self Induglence (Especially "Golden I")
-Rammstein
-Depech Mode
-The Beastie Boys
As for singles

"Walk this Way"-Aerosmith/Run DMC verison
"I Ran"-Flock of Seagulls.
"God Save the Queen"-The Sex Pistols
"Verses of Doom-Joe the Damager (the only rap song with references to "Outlaw Star")
"Crimson Ghost"-The Misfits
"Bounce" System of a Down
"Push It"-Static X

As for the "anime/video game" scene, I only of the usual, Things from the FFs, GGs, Chrono Cross (especially "The Waves, the Stars and the Sky" aka Nikki's song), Outlaw Star, and for an unusal change "Driver's High" fro, GTO.

Paxus
04-07-2004, 09:52 AM
EvilMoogleQueen: Yeah well I was one half there, but the other guy didn't have much music so we had to compromise in some areas. This year's will be much better, as friday's dance will be a little more freeform/edm/whatever and saturday's will be all the anime/jpop/para/euro/vg/etc. else. What's FMA? Maybe i'm just blanking here on the acronym.

Starwind824: Actually, I have a Walk This Way mix I think. It's pretty fun. Lemme know when you're around at the dance on friday and i'll play it.

KagoMeryl
04-07-2004, 12:25 PM
@ Paxus: Alright, I'll bring mix CDs and stuff. A lot of it is *so* good...as long as I'll get 'em back. But I have the files on my computer anyway so it's fine even if I don't. ^_^ Thankeeeeeeeeeeeeees! Just...um, tell me what you look like so I can give 'em to you xD

EvilMoogleQueen
04-07-2004, 12:35 PM
What's FMA? Maybe i'm just blanking here on the acronym.

woops sorry... Full Metal Alchemist...
you could play Kensenai Tsumi... thats a suitable OP to dance to.

KagoMeryl
04-07-2004, 12:49 PM
I want to hear the Eurobeat remix of "Carnival Babel", so I'll bring it, but it's wicked short and unbelievably fast, probably not danceable to xD

Paxus
04-07-2004, 01:24 PM
KagoMeryl: I have sorta longish hair and probably be sporting my Mr. Sparkle T-shirt on Friday. If you have stuff for Saturday, just spot me hanging around the dance.

EvilMoogleQueen: I'll see what I can do, haven't seen it, but heard its pretty good.

KagoMeryl
04-07-2004, 08:15 PM
Alright ^^ I'll look for you. I'll be a Sango cosplayer with no bangs ;_; xD I'll find ya!

Carrot Glace
04-07-2004, 08:23 PM
I have two non-anime song requests, both performed by Rufio, "Above Me" and "One Slowdance"

TheAnarCHris
04-07-2004, 11:35 PM
EvilMoogleQueen: Yeah well I was one half there, but the other guy didn't have much music so we had to compromise in some areas. This year's will be much better, as friday's dance will be a little more freeform/edm/whatever and saturday's will be all the anime/jpop/para/euro/vg/etc. else. What's FMA? Maybe i'm just blanking here on the acronym.

Starwind824: Actually, I have a Walk This Way mix I think. It's pretty fun. Lemme know when you're around at the dance on friday and i'll play it.

I should hope so. Not playing Aerosmith in Boston is like not vomiting when you go to Jersey....zing!

KagoMeryl
04-07-2004, 11:42 PM
I should hope so. Not playing Aerosmith in Boston is like not vomiting when you go to Jersey....zing!
:rolleyes: soooo nice. xD *tries to think of songs* Erm...SANDSTORM! xD Oh, I have to hear T.a.t.u., "All the things she said". It's so...fun. xD

EvilMoogleQueen
04-08-2004, 08:24 AM
Hmm... Gundam Seed's "Invoke" would be fun to dance to...

number18
04-08-2004, 12:25 PM
Haha you DEFINITELY need to play Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger by Daft Punk. That's my jam. How about Modjo? Most anything they do is amazing.

Avatrix
04-08-2004, 12:46 PM
I agree on Modjo, some excellent stuff. Tops of course are "Lady", and "Chillin", which are both on single. I can dig them up for you, if you don't have them.

KagoMeryl
04-08-2004, 08:09 PM
*falls hard, anime-style* I don't seem to be going tomorrow...just Saturday ;_; my friend who has my ticket...can't go tomorrow ;_;

So...I'll only be @ the Saturday night dance, it seems. No music-bringing by me ;_;

Okay I'm crying too much.

:waaaah: