PDA

View Full Version : Anime North '04 Costume Progress

Mage
04-04-2004, 08:58 PM
The thread for costume plans is gigantic, so I figured that it would make things easier if we had a separate one to keep track of our progress. ^_^

I..err..don't have anything uploaded yet, since I'm lazy, except for the little bit of corset-ish progress on Satsuki in my gallery. I am, however, eager to hear how other people are doing!

Under 50 days until the convention. O_O;

Squall1882
04-04-2004, 09:42 PM
Lol.. well I have the supplies for 2 1/2 of the six costumes I plan on making for AN2004... heh heh if that's not progress I don't know what is.. cough cough.. hopefully I'll finish part of one tonight..

Yuna-X2
04-04-2004, 09:50 PM
Well, at the moment, I have the pattern to make the shirt for Tohru. Knowing my luck, my fashion teacher will turn around with her usual "It's too hard" story. I'm running out of easy patterns to make though. :( But I do have a blouse I might use for the top, so yay for that!

Cole
04-04-2004, 10:35 PM
Just yesterday I found the perfect boots for my Squall costume. So now, I got the pants, jacket, gloves and boots. Now I just have to work on the belts, and the sword ^^;

Lyulf
04-04-2004, 11:30 PM
Am going nuts with Alex Rowe from Last Exile, his weapon is leaving dust all over the place, am constantly remaking his belt buckle with sculpey, am using toaster oven now, instead of oven, easier to manage , have fabric and base pattern for costume, no clue on the belt or wig yet

nyamiko_chan
04-05-2004, 12:50 AM
I've got my Momiji Fabric and a pattern for his blue girly top is being made tomorrow!
Such a pretty bright blue too *_* and a good price!

I got navy for Kiba's pants (Naruto) and will start those when I have the temperment for pants >_<" lol

Sarcasm-hime
04-05-2004, 03:16 AM
Arrrrgh....if some asshole hadn't stolen my digicam I could put up pics of my Ragnarok Mage and Kendappa-oh costumes in progress. The Mage is mostly done...skirt is done, top needs the brooch thingy, shoulder cape needs a collar, boot covers need to be attached to boots. I wanna show it off...*lol* Kendappa's pants are done and her top needs a zipper but is very cute and jingly. Need to start on the harp and jewellery, though. Argh.

Just bought 25 yards of white silk for my Masquerade costume (undyed silk is actually pretty cheap; it only gets pricy when it's in colours)....need to buy some dye and a biiiiig pot. ^_^

Unfortunately we just moved so stuff is all over the place and I can't find anything. -.-;;;;

the_tennyo
04-05-2004, 01:05 PM
well I just have to find wings for my Dark Mousy costume. I will go to Shirley Potters up in Edmonton when my mom has a day off next. I went last friday but it was closed~ :O

my mireille though. If I keep it how it is...*its alright but it kinda sucks because I don't use patterns because im a 16yrold without a job...haha*
the way it is now looks kinda strange....ugh...maybe it will look better when I do more, but hmmm the pants part is a little bit crooked so the designs on the bottom of them look funny, and the hat is well just weird :D This mireille will probably turn out to be one of my worst costumes hahahha!!!

nuriko001
04-05-2004, 03:47 PM
peeps got soo many costumes.. how do you manage.. i only got at most 2.. maybe just one;P

neko rinchan
04-05-2004, 07:59 PM
yeah, out of four, possibly five costumes (for myself, not counting the ones i have to help others with) i have a good 75% of Kamatari done including the wig, but i still need to do the scythe. i have most of my other material and patterns bought, it's all a matter of cutting and sewing together...

X-Chan-
04-05-2004, 09:04 PM
i'm sooo excited for AN. ~_~ this is my first time making costumes so I can't wait.

so far I'm planning three costumes. kana - anzen pin, bb hood from darkstalkers, and edea. =3

i just uploaded progress pics of my kana in my gallery.

i can't wait til school is over. theres so little time left til the con :waaaah: :waaaah:

Vanity Fading
04-05-2004, 09:13 PM
x-chan: we should take a picture together with both our Kana costumes XD

chocola_charat
04-05-2004, 09:35 PM
Going as Rikku on Saturday and as a Battle Royale chara on Friday ^^

X-Chan-
04-05-2004, 09:45 PM
vanity fading: yea! that would be awesome. xD. both you and ryukka make such cute kanas.

Ryukka
04-05-2004, 10:27 PM
vanity fading: yea! that would be awesome. xD. both you and ryukka make such cute kanas.
^__^ Aw thank you~ if I don't get Hikaru done I was thinking about bringing Kana along~ or maybe her instead of Millia.. mwa if I do I want pics of all three of us >B

Infini
04-06-2004, 04:12 AM
I've been working on my Yuna obi. Every day. I don't ever want to see another green thread again for the rest of my life. I've got about half of it done, and I can't decide whether to fill in the leaves (they are an outline right now) with paint or to try to embroider them. I had to start playing FFX again to get my motivation back to work on it...

I'm trying to fix my inuyasha costume, since I don't like most of it. Today I fixed up the front of the top, since it looked stupid before. It still looks silly, because the fabric pulls a little, but it's better than it was before.

-Infini

Vanity Fading
04-06-2004, 01:34 PM
yes Kaits! you should go as kana too so we can take pics together XD~

kingbunny
04-06-2004, 02:22 PM
I'm making my Tare's ginji's head (hardest part), people have my fabric and aren't giving it to me. Plus my friends are being all wishy-washy about letting me take their measurements. So far, I have 2 1/2, costumes done out of 7.

It doesn't make me happy, but what can I do... It's annoying because I have to work overtime. Gyar, but beaded wings.... Sooo cute!

Ryukka
04-06-2004, 03:23 PM
Infini: gahh I'd like die in five seconds if I ended up embroidering Sun o_o good luck

Mia-P
04-06-2004, 03:30 PM
I was making progress a few weeks ago, but then school got in the way so I'm just waiting for it to end XP

lainey
04-06-2004, 05:18 PM
u can see some of my progress in my gallery...
that's about it though...

i refuse to show wedding yuna until the con

xiola
04-06-2004, 08:45 PM
dude... to make you all feel better...

xio's ANorth costume progress: ZERO! >D

well... ok. i have a couple packages of feathers, and made a skirt awhile ago that wasn't going to be for my costume but i'm just going to use it anyway. OMG GO ME! i am SO THERE!

and *shock* i only have 2 costumes. neither of which are "insane". well... one is insane, but not in terms of effort, compared to other stuff i've made. there's a possible extra really-quick-crappy one (because it's totally just a plain kimono with fabric i already had, a plain un-decorated obi, and a wig Kisa already has) which i'd like to make if there's time, but knowing how last minute i will have to be at this point, i doubt it. T_T!

sadly, the most effort-heavy costume i will be making is not for me, but for my ex-neighbour's kid. :P which means i have to make that FIRST, and will be comletely last minute on my own costumes... not that they're not paying me, but it's not for the best job i could do, and the money will likely be entirely spent on the new glasses i need since mine died a terrible death this weekend -_-... (i miss you, glasses! ;_;)

speaking of that i really should go and work on starting her patterns tonight...

Minakolabelle
04-06-2004, 11:14 PM
my masq-40%
paris's masq-0%
pare's masq-0%
myaku-90%
Lenne-100%
bunny Toshiya-50%
macabre live Toshiya-0%
cage Toshiya-10%

Mari Moni
04-09-2004, 02:17 AM
haha my progress is 0% or - 50% lolol

Yuna-X2
04-09-2004, 11:59 AM
I have started my Tohru skirt in fashion class. I begin cutting and sewing on Tuesday. I'm also attempting the FestivalGoer Paine, just cause it looks like a nightgown, and I could always use a new pair of pjs! Hopefully that will be somewhat finished by the end of the Easter weekend. Then I indend on battling the dreaded jacket for Tohru. If I can;t get that though, she'll just end up being a Summer Uniform Tohru. ^_^

Amy the Yu
04-09-2004, 04:43 PM
I actually have non-zero progress now! XD

Just started on my Morphin costume last night. Got the frames for the wings done in one evening. My hands hurt like hell and are bruised and cut up from doing wire work without my pliers, but the frames are still done.

I need some opinions on how I should proceed.

I have ref. pics as well as pics of the frame on yahoo photos
Username:fyrekraquer
password: 476654

Options for how to make the veins.
#1 use the usual pantyhose which will be almost opaque and then use silver 3D fabric paint to draw on the veins.
#2 mutilate a couple of hair nets and then use the fabric paint on those. Unfortunately I can only find hairnets in dark colours and that will show a bit.
#3 screw the material covering the wings and just use more wire to the veins, dreamcatcher style. (I like this idea best, even though lack of wing coverings is anatomically incorrect...and the biochem major part of my brain isn't liking it.)

What do YOU think? (and no, I'm not taking any other options into consideration. These are the ones that are easy and fast for me to do.)

Machiko
04-09-2004, 11:18 PM
my kos-mos is comin along well ^__^ ( i think... <.<' >.>')
pics are in my gallery :)
i've started on my friends stuff...but it's not much x.o they're gonna kill me lol

(Xenosaga stuff)
kos-mos - 65%
momo ep.1 - 25%
momo ep. 2 - 10% (lol..)

Yuna-X2
04-10-2004, 12:07 AM
I've started FestivalGoer Paine. I'm not sure how well it will work as a costume, but I'm going to try my best! I have a pic of the top robe part in my gallery. My accomplishment for the evening: Getting the sleeves on, and making the seams look like they had been done with a serger when I don't even have one. ^_^ Yay.

Tohru= 0% (I'm starting Tuesday, I swear!)
FestivalGoer Paine= 10%

mikcy
04-10-2004, 01:33 AM
Well, next next week I'm focusing on Zhen Ji and only Zhen Ji. 24/7 for 2 weeks I shall try to finish her. Although, it seems like I'm rushing, I'm going to try not and do my best to make it as good as I can. I don't want it to be crappy. :\ Tomorrow I will finish my one fashion show outfit and getting fabrics for my third outfit, also. Tomorrow shall be a busy day.

Infini
04-10-2004, 05:23 AM
I gave up on the hope of embroidering today and just painted the obi. I suppose if I ever have a load of time on my hands then I may learn to properly embroider, but not now. Since the leaf outline and vines were stitching, filling in the leaves with paint didn't turn out too badly. I tried to get a picture to post, but it didn't turn out.

As for my inuyasha costume, I was just getting some progress with my transformed version of tessaiga, and I was about to start fiberglassing and putting on bondo. Then I broke it in half by accident and nearly died from the shock. I'm going to have to glue it back together and get the handle into it before I start reinforcing the foam.

Still waiting for my Kikyo wig to arrive.

-Infini

Lyulf
04-10-2004, 08:05 PM
I am hating making biase tape. but have to else my cloak will never get done. Still need to buy wig and boots and belts."AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

Ariati
04-11-2004, 05:14 PM
Oh, my songstress is going along great ^-^; Yep... barely anything done XD But hey! Whatever XD; I'll make it, I will! Have do you make the stupid side skirt.. rawr...

Chosuke
04-13-2004, 07:51 AM
I'd say i'm about 50% done all my costumes.

tasu
04-14-2004, 06:37 PM
Heeeerm I need to work on me super secret masquerade costume. Everything else is pretty much done. I think... *pokes the Monkey* Me hubby is making Tatsu for me so we can have some smutty samurai photos. :x

the_tennyo
04-14-2004, 10:00 PM
I got a *tiny* bit more done of my Mireille costume, not much though, just something I did in half an hour :D

nyamiko_chan
04-15-2004, 01:40 PM
I've got all the fabric I pretty much need, and decided to throw in another costume I've wanted to make for awhile..prolly since last CNA O_o;
BRIDGET ^o^
I have fabric for it and this weekend will be my sew like crazy days ^_^; Cuz I'm so behind ._.

Ryukka
04-15-2004, 04:35 PM
=O!! =O!!! BRIDGET!!! xD WAHAHA such an awsome character.. I wanna do him one day x3;;;

Xanthe Kelsylva
04-16-2004, 01:05 AM
I finished my NES Maria dress! *hops around excitedy* It's a cute little short red Medieval dress and I'm wearing it to an SCA event this weekend. And I have all the accessories and a pair of really cool Medieval boots. For my Amano-style Celes costume I have a tight black shirt and a gorgeous hair piece that I made months ago, plus some jewellry and a kick-ass pair of Medieval boots. And I have some yellow and beige fabrics left over from a 14th century ballgown I made. It looks like I have enough to make Celes' pants and vest with it, and it's gorgeous fabric. As for my wallmarket Cloud, I have a couple of plans depending on how much time I have to devote to it. If I have time I'm going to make a perfectly accurate "Miss Cloud" dress. Otherwise, I'm going to wear my indigo Civil War dress without the hoop and with a red sash so it looks more like Cloud's costume. The biggest problem is trying to figure out how to do his hair.

I'll try to upload some pictures of my red dress after this weekend.

Sarcasm-hime
04-16-2004, 01:39 PM
W00T...finished my hakama last night. It's red and poofy...I love it. Now I just have six layers of uchigi to make and a mask...and that's just for my masq costume. Graaaar.

Xanthe Kelsylva
04-19-2004, 03:03 PM
w00wawawawawawaw00t! I found the perfect necklace for my Celes costume this weekend. It looks like it was made to go with the hair thing I made, it's gorgeous, and it only cost $5!

Lyulf
04-20-2004, 10:51 AM
have 50% of my jacket done, and 75% of pants for the first costume, still need to buy boots and wig though. Got a great deal on wide leather belts from danie leather only $9 each so i scooped up 4
:bigtu:

YukiPhnx
04-20-2004, 06:50 PM
wow! that sounds good! everybody's costume seems to be coming along really nicely! I'm finally done my Meroko top with MUCH help from my dear friend Machiko! *huggles Machiko* got the wrist bands and the red skirt done too. jus got to make the belt and find bunny ears for the hat now..........

Lyulf
04-22-2004, 03:04 PM
I have to wait for my step-mother to come back from down south now. I can't fit my jacket when i'm the only one that fits into it. hard to where it needs to be taken in

Infini
04-22-2004, 04:19 PM
I got some pictures of my kikyo stuff progress. First pic is the back of my wig, which is a pretty cheap and sad wig, but it will work at least for AN. It's too tangly and shiny to last much longer than one or two conventions. Second, my bow, which I love to death. I've got to give it back to my archery instructor at some point, but he said I could borrow it for cons as long as I'm going to his archery class. XD

I wonder why my program capitalizes saved image names?

YukiPhnx
04-22-2004, 11:08 PM
wow infini-san, the wig looks awesome!

Lyulf
04-23-2004, 01:15 PM
Yeah i now have my pants done, so i won't get into trouble.
and i agree with Yukiphnx-san, that hair looks great

xiola
04-23-2004, 04:17 PM
I have to wait for my step-mother to come back from down south now. I can't fit my jacket when i'm the only one that fits into it. hard to where it needs to be taken in

cheapass fitting for the back or places you can't reach when it's on...

a) turn it inside out, make a guess as to what needs to be taken in, and pin
it along wherever your'e taking it in.
b) try it on. feel what is wrong or right about how it fits.
c) take it off, refine your pinning based on what you learned when you tried it on.
d) try it on again, feel how it fits, look at it using 2 mirrors so you can see your back without too much twisting, if neccessary...
e) repeat until it feels/looks ok.
f) mark where your pins were, and do the alteration.

it's always worked fine for me... :P i prefer fitting stuff for myself rather than other people, really, coz at least i can tell exactly what's wrong when i try it on ^_^

Lyulf
04-23-2004, 05:02 PM
I was thinking of doing that , but the neck twisting is the problem, I am still in recovery stage from neck surgery.

Machiko
04-23-2004, 07:33 PM
bah...my progress is horrible.. >___< darn teachers and their homework...

*curses*

yah...but i'm gonna make myself work work work this weekend :) hehe

Yukiphnx ~ tell me when ur comin over, i'm gonna be super busy for the mext few weeks of doom~i'll squeeze you in lol XP

YukiPhnx
04-23-2004, 09:22 PM
hai machiko! i mite come over next saturday. or even this sun. i'll tell u when i'm sure. i'm hoping to buy the material for my belt tmr.

Xanthe Kelsylva
04-23-2004, 09:45 PM
Yay for me, I have a pattern adapted for my Celes costume. And I finally explained to my mom that wearing a costume to AN would give me an automatic "in" and help me meet people and she was like, "But won't you get some odd looks on the ferry...." lol, isn't that the best part though? Getting odd looks from the normal people.

BTW, how many other people are going as FF6 characters?

Lyulf
04-23-2004, 10:02 PM
Yeah we should all go to a suishi restaraunt and see if the staff know's who we all are
:rofl:

Kikoro
04-23-2004, 10:14 PM
I have about 70% of my Orochimaru costume done. i have the pants and shirt (need to dye it) and i have the fabric for the tunic and the purple belt. God that is going to be a pain in the ass to put together. and i got my contacts yesterday! yaaaa they are soo cool. I got the cat eye design cosmetic contacts. I just need to buy some make up and find some shoes that i can modify to make the shoes they wear, if not ill probably end up getting some sandels.

I cant wait to see everyones costumes, Im going to take so many pics.

Lyulf
04-23-2004, 10:30 PM
those contacts probably set you back abit

YukiPhnx
04-23-2004, 11:24 PM
wow. the contacts look sounds really kool! watch me go up really close to your face to take a picture of your eyes.hehe

Kikoro
04-23-2004, 11:36 PM
actually they didnt cost me a dime. I got them with our insurance! lol. and YukiPhnk, you can come up really close to my face and take a pic of my eyes if you want to. lol that would be cool. I just hope the flash doesnt make me blinder than i already am. My contacts are prescription, the highest they come in! im so blind!

YukiPhnx
04-23-2004, 11:53 PM
haha, well, if u see a meroko running up really close to you, that's me. hope i don't blind you some more........^_^''

lainey
04-24-2004, 11:20 AM
i'm getting my green contacts under insurance too LOL >_<

Ariati
04-24-2004, 05:12 PM
Meep, Ari might have to ditch Songstress Yuna O_O; Because her friend bailed and her friend's mom bought all the fabric soooo >_>; Just Malon YAY :D

lainey
04-24-2004, 05:49 PM
AIE YOU'RE NOT DOING SONGSTRESS ANYMORE?!
*shakes*

i was looking forward to it -_-

Ariati
04-24-2004, 08:01 PM
I'll see if I can get the fabric from her friend's mum ^-^ and continue it, but it's not for sure. ^-^; Sorry Lainey.. ;-;

Kikoro
04-24-2004, 11:58 PM
LOL Huzah for insurance!

xiola
04-26-2004, 01:32 PM
Yeah we should all go to a suishi restaraunt and see if the staff know's who we all are
:rofl:

... i can't even believe someone said this. i'm not even going to START on everything that's wrong with that. -_-

(not to mention that you misspelled sushi.)

mikcy
04-26-2004, 03:24 PM
2 outfits are offically 50% and one is um.. 5%. *hides* Curse the people who keep bidding on the thigh high boots I bid on. >.o Mustbuywig.

the_tennyo
04-26-2004, 03:28 PM
everyone. prepare for my costume to suck!! XD :3

my dark mousy wings I will be making sooon I guess...
and ugh, mireille...not going so good. I got the hat flaps all done up and well the actual hat part that goes on my head sucks, I should just go buy one or something or remake~~~ hmmm
must find some pants to go under the main still.....

Minakolabelle
04-26-2004, 03:29 PM
Last time I went to a sushi place it was run by Korean people....

chocola_charat
04-26-2004, 08:42 PM
I've started FestivalGoer Paine. I'm not sure how well it will work as a costume, but I'm going to try my best! I have a pic of the top robe part in my gallery. My accomplishment for the evening: Getting the sleeves on, and making the seams look like they had been done with a serger when I don't even have one. ^_^ Yay.

Tohru= 0% (I'm starting Tuesday, I swear!)
FestivalGoer Paine= 10% Yay! Someone else as a Festival-goer. We have to get pictures taken together - I'm going as Rikku. ^^ My friend is going as Paine too. Did you use a satin for yours?

Yuna-X2
04-26-2004, 09:38 PM
Yay! Someone else as a Festival-goer. We have to get pictures taken together - I'm going as Rikku. ^^ My friend is going as Paine too. Did you use a satin for yours?

Well, as of this evening, I'm hating my FestivalGoer thing... My pink edge around the robe is refusing to fit right. It's really quite frustrating. Hopefully, I'll just redo that part and make it way longer... :sulk: Darn complications..

Actually, I got some silky... stuff... I forget what it actually is, but it was on clearance at FabricLand for $2 a metre.... and my pink was on for $1.50... So it's my discount costume. And it won't be really accurate, it's more like my "Comfy Costume" Which will be retired after AN and become PJs. :P

Ryukka
04-26-2004, 09:54 PM
Whats this? Kaitlyn has proggress? *gasp*
Sun Shang Xiang - about 30% done, I still need to buy the stuff for her belt though >.>;; evil micheals was out of the ribbon I needed last week, so I'm going to try a diffrent one this weekend probably.
Alice (Ghetto version for the dance atleast xD)- 70% done, I just need to finish the sleeves and accessories.
Hikaru - 10-20% I'm not as worried about her as I was before.. but I still am a little @_@ right now my biggest concern is her, so she's at the top of my list~ since I'm probably wearing her on Friday.

I can always do the last minute things of Sun if really needed to when I get home Friday night or whatever.. but I'm sure I'll get them all done ^_^ somehow I always manage to come through o_O event with all my lazyness~ bwaha

chocola_charat
04-27-2004, 09:26 AM
That's what I'm doing too ^^; What are you using for the lacing on the sleeves? I'm thinking of not doing that part altogether- it will be uncomfortable as pajamas x.o

the_tennyo
04-27-2004, 01:00 PM
I think everyone should go on sunday and wear all their costumes on sunday :3 jkjk
ah poor me, only getting to go on sunday *cries*
ah well. there is always next year!

so anyways, progress.
yesterday I was attempting to do something for my mireille costume, but it just wasnt working *the design on her capelette thing* so I think I will fabric paint it on with a fabric marker or something ^__^ and I got her collar sewed to it~~

MikigamiTokiya
04-27-2004, 01:42 PM
Have Baiken 50% done, got more fabric for misc costumes and comissioned seung mina so hopefully i'll have that one in time.

Vanity Fading
04-27-2004, 03:04 PM
my Jam is almost done! maybe 80% just need the shoe covers and her hair piece and I'm all set. My brother's Edward Elric is maybe 75% done ;p

Ryukka
04-27-2004, 03:24 PM
AHH SHER!!! HISS TO YOU AND YOUR ABOVE 70% PROGRESS!! Me and my poor 25% XD;; *dies* no no no.. I love you <3 *hides gun behind her back* 0=D

Woo I am now offically almost done Sun's pants aswell..if I decide not to be lazy I'll have some progress pictures up somtime this week..

ARRGG Hikaru's head piece is irking me off x_X;;

Vanity Fading
04-27-2004, 03:32 PM
lol XD~ poor Kait~! -pat- are you going to wear Millia again? cause if you do we MUST take pics of us together with my Jam ^__^ <3

nyamiko_chan
04-27-2004, 03:49 PM
lol XD~ poor Kait~! -pat- are you going to wear Millia again? cause if you do we MUST take pics of us together with my Jam ^__^ <3

=O all these wonderful GGX cosplayers ^.~ a Baiken, Jam of course *glomples Sher*

Bridget will be done this week ^_^Vm and then I'll start Momiji or Kiba ..one or the other! -_- Bridget is like *ponder* 15-20% cuz I have ze fabrics-most!
I can't wait for AN to come <3

Ryukka
04-27-2004, 04:21 PM
*nodnod* I'm wearing her for Sunday now I think, since theres so many GGX cosplayers going o_o; I still have to fix that evil wig I ordered.. it FINALY came like.. a month later then it was supost to >.>;; but its such crap ass someone who will remain unnamed was playing with it and its almost ruined GRRRRR. So I may be wigless again if it doesn't co-operate with me x_x; *dies* I still need to finish the boot covers for that one.. but I'm so lazy xD;

MikigamiTokiya
04-28-2004, 03:28 PM
i have friends who are gonna be there as a faust and a bridget(red variation) too

Kags
04-28-2004, 04:57 PM
My Kagome costume is at 0% at the moment but Kaits is bringing me my fabric tomorrow so it will be higher very soon. My mom is also slowly making progress in getting my wig, however I wish she would hurry up!

YukiPhnx
04-28-2004, 10:22 PM
still looking for a red top hat! how hard can it be!? and i think i mite need to make shoe covers becuz i can't find red boots. it's time to take money from my savings again........*sighs* but my costume, i would say is around 80% done :D

nuriko001
04-29-2004, 03:29 AM
haven't even started yet... if we finish.. that will be amazing

Sakura
04-29-2004, 03:59 PM
I've started my Malon costume and this weekend I've gotta help my boyfriend with his Link costume. My friends and I are doing Legend of Zelda and we'll have characters from Ocarina of Time and Windwaker. We were supposed to do Soul Calibur 2 cuz we had like a group of 8 who wanted to do that but now I dunno :/

So my progress:
A skirt! 15%? hehe... I'm gonna go work on the costume now...

mikcy
04-29-2004, 08:23 PM
-Shinyas going pretty well I guess. Got like 75% of it done now. Although, some things look like they might be screwed, but I maybe not because I have to wait till it's finished. Haha.
-Boxhead is 60%. I'll attach the white to the sleeves and collar next time I go to my dad's.
-I have NO idea if Zhen Ji will be finished. If I do it now, I don't know if the collar will be finished. I mean, if I do it, for sure there won't be feathers and gold trims, but I don't know about the collar. Hopefully because I don't want to walk around with a naked back. x.x; I'm not worried about making it 100% complete because the actual group thing is CNA. :P I'm just worried about getting beaten to death if I don't wear it for AN O.O

I should be cool and make an obi and wear my kimono. Hey, it's still an outfit. :( Woot for finding kimonos at goodwill for 8 bucks. O.o or was it 7? *shrugs*

Lyulf
04-29-2004, 08:32 PM
I'm thinking of doing Van now for a second costume, no wings though just fot the pics of him now

Tamer Brad
04-29-2004, 11:25 PM
I'm...about to start...XDDD

neko rinchan
04-30-2004, 06:24 PM
well, my kamatari is finished except for the rope bow and little glove-things... and the scythe... now, i have three more costumes to go...

Amy the Yu
04-30-2004, 08:22 PM
I'm...about to start...XDDD

I'm on the same boat here. XD

Yay! for procrastination!!!

Got 3 costumes, and 3 commissions to do in 3 weeks. To bad it's not all 6's... :devil:

YukiPhnx
05-04-2004, 12:33 AM
haha, better start!

Sarcasm-hime
05-04-2004, 12:51 PM
Things I still have to do:

- sew 4 layers of uchigi (robes) for Spirited Away
- make kitsune mask for Spirited Away
- make Kendappa's necklace
- make Kendappa's headpiece
- hem Kendappa's sari
- make Kendappa's harp (I'm leaving this for last--if I don't have a prop it's not the end of the world as long as the costume is done)
- make Ragnarok Online Mage staff (ditto)
- Make brooch and hair thingies for RO Mage
- Style RO mage wig
- Finish RO mage collar

ARGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <freaks out>

Lyulf
05-05-2004, 01:10 PM
All these plans and so little time :waaaah:

Tamer Brad
05-05-2004, 01:13 PM
Isn't it ironic? We look forward to AN all year...until it's three weeks away and we get stressed 'cause we're lazy slackers.

Ryukka
05-05-2004, 05:20 PM
YukiPhnx: It wouldn't be in time for AN, but Electrique Boutique has red boots o_o;

Alice is 90% done. WOOO~! xD

mikcy
05-05-2004, 06:21 PM
Zhen Ji - I wanted a certain pattern that I thought would work best for her and durr what happens? The only story that carries them closes at 6. dfisjai I didn't know that. I can't push Zhen Ji back any further so... I'll just have to use what I have. x.x

Mage
05-05-2004, 07:03 PM
ALSO having pattern troubles. Grr....I made a list of all the possible patterns before, but lost it...and haven't had enough time to find the numbers again. Oh, and of course, when I found a pattern that could very well be altered into a workable one, Fabricland has the right pattern....

...six sizes too big.

So I shall wait. >_>;;;; Uhg...never going to finish my main costume. T_T But the costume I'm making for my boyfriend is moving along at an okay pace, I guess. =\

neko rinchan
05-05-2004, 07:15 PM
i've got the skirt ... almost... done for my 5 of diamonds, so's all i have to do is the apron and hat... and then only two more costumes to go!

Scoti
05-05-2004, 07:38 PM
Baralai::: is about 85% done, fixed the wig so it's a bit more accurate. Just need to fix the banners.

Kujaku::40%..I have the wig, I have the material. I just haven't been spending much time on it. Still worried about wing construction. >_>

Masq. Costume:: 10%... I made skirt................yeah

Lyulf
05-05-2004, 10:28 PM
Yeah my staff is starting to look better aslong as I don't keep gringing off to much metal filler and have to wait for the new stuff to harden. I at least have the pants done , cloak at 75% and 60 % jacket, luckily i might only do van for a second outfit now

Ryukka
05-05-2004, 10:31 PM
*claps* Yay for...a skirt. o_o; sure as hell beats my progress xD

Yeah.. I've had everything for Sun since.. um.. January I think thats when we all went shopping o_o...yet its been just sitting there untill Lindsay came over a few weeks ago XD

Sarcasm-hime
05-06-2004, 02:43 AM
sew sew sew sew....argh. I'm so brilliant...why did I decide to do something with 6 gigantic voluminous layers that have miles of hem? x_x;;;

Dammit, can't find my Paperclay. ARGH

On the upside, I'm very very happy with how my Kendappa shoes and Ragnarok Online Mage boots turned out. Yay for annoying but ultimately successful footwear!

X-Chan-
05-06-2004, 05:18 AM
i started a new costume which is basically done-- oren's white kimono from kill bill. the fabric i got ended up being a little too stiff though.

and i got my kana wig in the mail today. i didn't think it was going to be so light . ~_~ I put a picture of it up in my gallery.
kana costume is basically done too, but i still need to put more studs into the dress, and make either her wings or cape.

now onto the third costume~~

kingbunny
05-06-2004, 07:17 AM
Tare Ginji: Easiest Costume so far O_O;, 50% Done. All I have to do now is the hands, feet and lay all the skin on the body...
Scary, he might just be half-naked on Saturday. XD
Abarenbou Princess, Victoire: 10% Done, need to do the outfit itself...
Gatts: 40% Need to get that guy's meassurements, it's harder than it sounds.
Alphonse for my teacher's birthday Party: 20%

Costumes Pactically complete minus accessories:
Rosayln, Okage: 100%
Original, "Blue Dress": 100%

Yuna-X2
05-06-2004, 02:02 PM
I have the Tohru skirt done! I tried it on this morning and it fits too, so bonus points for me! Now all I need to figure out is how to do the scarf-tie-thing. Any suggestions?

kenhidaka
05-06-2004, 02:28 PM
I got shigure's wig and sash so I'm done ^_^. I had to make another change to my costume lineup. Now since I dyed my hair blonde again for Joey on Friday, I can't wear Ken (unless he decided to wear blonde for the one day) and I can't spend any more money on buying another wig. So I am left with two options, bring Seifer back one more time or just keep the costumes to just Joey and Shigure. I'll most likely decide it like a few days before AN.

Chosuke
05-07-2004, 08:01 AM
Augh..working on my own costumes plus three costumes for other people is making me pull my hair out in frustration.

Lyulf
05-07-2004, 07:07 PM
yeah new collar pin baked good, have really improved baking sculpey

KusanIvy
05-10-2004, 04:04 PM
I'm sure my parents are wondering when they're going to get their basement back - there are body parts everywhere. I basically have to spend every waking moment between now and AN finishing pieces

Mekou
05-10-2004, 04:56 PM
Neji is 80% done! w00t~ ^__^ I just have to go find bandages and stuff. <_<;

Miaka is abou 40% done now. ^^ The base is done excepy for a bit of hemming and now comes the the fun part. x.X Making all those darned accessories. >o<;;

It doesn't help that I have come down with the flu. =( So even if I am at home, I feel too weak to do much. -o-;;

Lyulf
05-10-2004, 05:15 PM
yEAH , i'M ABOUT TO SCREW UP ZIPPER, I MEAN SEW ZIPPER ON MY JACKET, Which makes me 80 % done the basic outfit

the_tennyo
05-11-2004, 12:56 AM
oh god...costumes...not a lot of time left....im gonna die -_-

mikcy
05-11-2004, 01:11 AM
>:D

Zhen Ji will be ready in time :) I made a pattern for the top and back all in one day which is like... wow? for me O.o; I have to make the skirt parts though... Then I can pin it, cut it out and sew. TADA. :)

Mekou
05-11-2004, 01:54 AM
Whee can't wait to stalk you and Ochika for pictures! XD

Sarcasm-hime
05-11-2004, 05:42 PM
I am SUCH a retard. I always do this...I have these huge "won't this look great?" ideas and then halfway through I'm like "WTF was I thinking?!?".

Sawing sheet brass...very....slowly. Why on earth did I decide my RO Mage staff top had to be metal?

the_tennyo
05-11-2004, 07:59 PM
Your not the only retard :) I thought my Mireille costume would be easy to make, boy was I wrong :O :D One of those costumes you want to give up but wont because you already have all your fabric and your doing it with a friend :(

nyamiko_chan
05-11-2004, 11:27 PM
because people like me will be in AWE of your skills Sarcasm <3 I luv RO Mage *_*..I would have made that, if I wasn't going to be so nekkid ^_^;; (too self-conscious)

Lyulf
05-11-2004, 11:36 PM
darn it i have to resew the arms on my jacket, must learn to line up epaulets, before sewing. but it looks good

Minakolabelle
05-11-2004, 11:50 PM
progress

cage 10%
myaku 90%
macabre live 20%
bunny Toshiya 50%
my masq 90%
Pare's masq 20%
paris's masq 100%

Lyulf
05-11-2004, 11:55 PM
I also have ordered a wig, hope it comes in in time, i also pre-ordered 2 lady godiva wigs, to make human inuysha

Saffi
05-12-2004, 12:37 AM
Well, as my plans have changed and changed and changed, here's my current list of costumes I plan to wear, what's done and what I still have to do....

Costumes:

Friday- Galinda from Wicked (broadway musical)
Saturday Morning- A cat from Cats (I've got two new costumes that I'm still deciding on which I want to wear)
Saturday Afternoon/Masq- Jessie and James from Team Rocket (my friend is joining me YAY!)
Saturday Night/Jpop Dance- Jouley (from a friend's online Comic)
Sunday- The King from We Will Rock You (West End musical)/ Cat (haven't decided yet)

What's done:

Jessie Costume including wig
One cat costume minus wig and ruff
other cat costume minus unitard and tail
James wig
Galinda dress
The King

What needs to be done:

Detailing on Galinda's dress
Buy entire James costume (second hand shops here I come)
Pokeball for James
Wig and Ruff for one cat costume
Unitard and Tail of other cat costume

I'm hoping I can get it all done... we'll see... also have to find a sound file of the Team Rocket motto... and possibly a Meowth plushie... but *meh* not on my list of top priorities.

-saff, who's actually starting to get excited about this.

Ryukka
05-12-2004, 05:14 PM
Saffi I can't wait to see your costumes ^_^

Kia
05-12-2004, 09:10 PM
Found the bag where I hid my Rogue costume ... now I just have to finish it ... bother ..

YukiPhnx
05-12-2004, 11:48 PM
wow, saffi, that's quite a lot of costumes. can't wait to see them all!

Saffi
05-13-2004, 12:00 AM
Yeah i know, i'm insane.

I was the girl at MTac dressed as Jessie (minus wig) then in that funky black bodysuit costume with the blue, red and blonde dreads (which is "the King) so yeah.. for a con that I only went to 1 day, I took 2 costumes, and didn't even enter the masq thinger... but yeah... I love costuming and being in costume...

plus I want to get some more good pics of some of them

-saff

Seed-chan
05-13-2004, 05:06 PM
Saffi-san, you were the Jessie at MarchTAC? Arg! I saw you when i first walked in and was planning to get a pic of you... then I lost you ><; I was wondering where you went...

YukiPhnx
05-13-2004, 10:30 PM
saffi that's awesome! i saw some pics of u on lelola.net. i loved ur costume!

Lyulf
05-13-2004, 10:54 PM
notice to self , never use automotive touch up tine bottles to paint with, they dry way to fast and have to dry for to long before next coat, other thatn that almost ready for. WHat its in a WEEK :mfg: ah

Saffi
05-14-2004, 12:13 AM
Seed-chan>> well now you get the new Improved Jessie, complete with James! *grin* don't be afraid to call out to me, my real name is Jessie, hence the pun.... -_-... but anyway...

yukiphnx>> *grin* thanks! I'm glad you liked them! Pan's totally awesome and such a blast to be around! But anyway, hope to see you there too.

-saff

mikcy
05-15-2004, 01:32 AM
O.o

NEXT WEEKEND

Wow. It feels like just yesterday there were over 100 days till AN. Oh what a cruel world it is. I still have quite a few things to do. I'm hoping I can make Shinya's choker mainly because my wig isn't coming in time and umm.. yes. Zhen Ji will be goldless, but I'm going to TRY to get it with feathers. I'm going to try going downtown this weekend. If not, ijisajda I'm screwedx400.

:dance: :jjacks:

Loki Caprion
05-15-2004, 10:32 PM
Yes, since I'm both poor AND lazy, I'll just be re-wearing my standard Wolfwood costume... without the cross... because I don't feel like riding 8 hours in a car with this big ol' cross poking me in the head.

Oh, yeah, I'm coming from Baltimore, Maryland... long drive to get there, huh?

Anyways, keep an eye out for a Wolfwood without a cross, on Saturday. I'll be with a Millie who's not wearing a trenchcoat.

neko rinchan
05-15-2004, 11:34 PM
weeelllllll... i've finished my five of diamonds cosplay, and i've started on my pgsm sailor v cosplay. i've already ripped the side, shoulder and sleve seams, i've cut the "v" into the t-shirt and made a rough pattern for the "chest protector" and shoulder guards. so all i have left to do is sew the red pattern onto the shirt, redo all the ripped seams, and make the chest protector, sailor collar and skirt. and make a coupla bows...
once that's done, then i get to start on the kouga and ayame costumes from inuyasha...

Machiko
05-16-2004, 12:16 AM
dun talk to me about this... *__* I'M NOT READY!!! *has heart attack*

i need a punching bag... ;__;"

MikigamiTokiya
05-16-2004, 01:26 AM
all supplies to costume are bought, just working on lil details and such.. seung mina isn't going to be there though because lime barb was unable to complete my order in time *cringes* twice now mine was bumped back so i'm more the a lil aggitated

YukiPhnx
05-16-2004, 06:53 PM
poor machiko....*gives her punching bag*

Lyulf
05-16-2004, 07:33 PM
yeah base outfit done other than cloak, even got boots WooHoo, Make that a jiggly puff punching bag , with marker

Amy the Yu
05-16-2004, 08:32 PM
Screw Morphin. I still don't wanna wear a wig and I can't stand the pink. Hopefully I'll be able to start my Mitsuki costume on Tuesday to fill in the hole that scrapping Morphin created. At leat Mitsuki will be more suited to warm weather as well as allowing me to go pee without taking off almost the entire costume.

Minakolabelle
05-16-2004, 09:13 PM
my masq 90%
paris's masq 100%
pare's masq 80%
cage 20%
macabre live 30%
bunny toshiya 50%

Infini
05-16-2004, 11:50 PM
I have everything but the important stuff done on my costumes. If anyone knows of a store that has (in stock) red hakama that is located anywhere between/in cambridge and toronto, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!

I was going to wear the pants I made for the costume, but I would really rather have real hakama, which I don't have time/pattern to make. I touched up the top for my Kikyo costume though, so it's all ironed and complete.

Other than that, my Tessaiga probably won't be done for the con, since it is going to take too long.

-Infini

Mage
05-17-2004, 12:35 PM
Oh my goodness....I've finally finished one of my costumes. ONE of my costumes. Uhg...now for the others...>_>;;;

Oselle
05-17-2004, 06:34 PM
Hey, one less to worry about is still a huge achievement, Mage! Well done.

I'm this (picture me holding my fingers reeealllly close together) close to being finished my big project. Just a few final things that I can get done tonight. That leaves me with one more project that should only take a day to do, and I'm DONE! YEAH! Please, indulge my celebration - this is a first.

MikigamiTokiya
05-17-2004, 07:05 PM
everything done but baiken's gloves so yay and such =D

Sarcasm-hime
05-17-2004, 09:15 PM
Got the necklace for Kendappa (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=135452) done...still have to sand and detail her harp. Other things still to do:

- finish RO Mage staff top
- attach jewels to Kendappa's ear-thingies
- cast Yubaba's jewel for Kaijugal
- get rod for Mage staff and make staff
- finish hair thingies for Mage and style wig
- finish sewing robes for Kitsune

I'm just really hoping I can get everything done by Thursday night...I REALLY don't want to be finishing things at the con. I hate that.

lainey
05-18-2004, 06:58 PM
lets just say that i have many more tasks to do >_<

i will also most likely be doing touch ups on friday morning too >_<

Minakolabelle
05-18-2004, 08:48 PM
All the masq stuff is done minus my wig. now i just hae my simpler Toshiya costumes to finish woo.

YukiPhnx
05-19-2004, 12:13 AM
i wish i could skip school to finish colouring my wig on friday. or touch up my costume more. >_____< but that's so not gonna work.........

nyamiko_chan
05-19-2004, 01:16 PM
Kiba : 75% need still...sandal covers/sandals, Akamaru plushie, and fur!

Punki-Loli - have the dress just need to add the stuff and figure out how I'll wear it ^.^\\//

Tamer Brad
05-19-2004, 04:13 PM
100% now!! :D

Lirael
05-19-2004, 04:41 PM
i need to finish my sango gloves before friday. (flying up that day! YAY!)
at animaritime they were really messy, and held together with masking tape.
i also need to find better sandles. two days left. ugh.

Sarcasm-hime
05-19-2004, 06:04 PM
Kendappa will be harp-less at AN. There's just no way around it. I used this papier-maché pulp stuff to cover the foam, and it's just not sanding well. It's all chunky and horrible, and I refuse to be seen with a half-assed ugly prop. So I'll redo it with Bondo or something for TT or CN. Bleh.

Oh well...I was becoming aware that I wouldn't be able to finish both props in time and was having trouble deciding which to go with, so I guess this makes it easier. -.-;;

Mekou
05-19-2004, 06:49 PM
Neji is now 100% done!! Shmahaha!

Miaka is at 90% done. ^^ The rest will have to be done tomorrow when my paint dries..<_<;

Vanity Fading
05-19-2004, 06:56 PM
all is done except for my brother's gloves but ehh I think I'll leave that out for now. Im having trouble with it and we are flat broke ;\

Mage
05-19-2004, 09:50 PM
Still only one costume done for AN...nerves starting to become a factor o_O But thanks Oselle...you're right...at least that's one less costume to worry about ^o^

Dammit, I forgot to buy more clear vinyl...>_<;

mikcy
05-19-2004, 10:46 PM
Wow. I have to have Zhen Ji at least wearable by Friday and I still only have the front sewn up. I would of have a lot of done, but jifdsjf I ended up forgetting something, so I could only do so little. Oh I'm working so hard tomorrow. Let's beg my mom to let me stay home on friday XD That would rock. Hey, look, she said she'll think about it. ROCK ON. :) Maybe since I have extra time on Friday, I can make something else for Zhen Ji.

As for Shinya, yay! That's all I can say. Well, no, I have things to say. I got my wig today AND thigh high boots. I found my gloves too, but I'm still searching for my belt. Awww well. I think I'll try to get my friends to take pictures tomorrow of it. XD I doubt it I don't want to lug around Shinya to school even if it does have some nice scenery. x.x

Boxhead? Just need to paint it still. Tomorrow that shall be done.

Will I finish all three? My friends, we shall see.

:mfg: <- random

Infini
05-20-2004, 03:22 AM
I'm completely done my Kikyo costume, since I've given up on having the wig tied up (it falls off my head).

My Inuyasha costume isn't as redone as I would have liked, but I only have a little bit of sewing that I can do before the con. Gladly, my Tessaiga will be done the day before the con, so the beauty of it will take the attention away from my horribly done costume.

As for my ChiChi costume, I fixed all the stupid looking things on it (although the purple top is a little too big still), but I'm not sure if I'll have my boots done in time! I don't really have anything else I can wear in place of them though...

That's about it. I absolutely love my sword to death. Too much epoxy resin hurts the brain, though....

-Infini

Yoru
05-20-2004, 11:03 AM
I just started my costume yesterday :3 *so anti-smart*

Though I've almost entirely completed Yuriy's shirt, just got a lot of gluing left. The pants are almost no work at all, since they're mostly white. Then there's just boots and that weird belt thing of his.

Procrastination rules.

*still has to dye hair*

neko rinchan
05-20-2004, 11:23 AM
hmm... lets see... after sewing more than thirteen hours straight last night (from about 4 pm to 6 am) all i have left to do for my sailor v is finishing the collar and bows, and all the littler things, like glove trims and painting my mask...

so hopefully, by around 2 pm, i should be able to start my kouga costume. and once i get all the little thing finished for kamatari, then i'll be finished! muahahahaaaa!

S3RAS
05-20-2004, 11:55 AM
My mom found me an amazing shirt for my 'new' Hikaru costume, and made me a killer bow. So now all I have to do is fix one of the cuffs, and I'm good to go! w00t.

Lyulf
05-20-2004, 12:34 PM
Just have to do the touch up stitches on my cloak, don't want to mention the wig. So I will have the one outfit atleast. On the up side once I get up tomorrow I get to drive to the con, doh traffic and that lousey price :cheers: :rockon:

chocola_charat
05-20-2004, 04:34 PM
The most terrible thing happened to me. I was going to go as Thief Rikku but the bathing suit I ordered is WAY too small. So in a span of a week, I have to make 4 costumes, two of which are my own. They won't be that great, but they're both Chii. So look for a Chii with a white tutu. ^^;

Infini
05-21-2004, 03:54 AM
I will be wearing ugly brown boots for my ChiChi costume, since I failed in making good reddish boots. I gave up at about 3:30 a.m., shortly after spending several hours watching someone sand/bondo my tessaiga (since I'm incapable). My sword will be done, complete with gobs of imperfections.

I need to slleeeeep. And pack. And figure out how to get to AN later today. And pack other things. And....more.

-Infini

mikcy
05-21-2004, 10:23 AM
Um. Please don't kill me if I can't bring Zhen Ji today ;__;