PDA

View Full Version : Looking for AC4 cosplay advice

Liali
08-06-2013, 05:08 PM
Hi all,

I'm contemplating doing Assassin's Creed IV cosplay (Edward Kenway specifically) for an upcoming event, but I'm not sure exactly how to go about it.

I've never done cosplay before so I realise this is perhaps aiming a little high since AC costumes tend to be amongst the most complex. Being new to cosplay also means my budget for the costume is not very high, so I accept this might just be futile... still, that's why I'm here.

I know resources for this particular line of cosplay are lacking because the game hasn't long been announced, but so far I've found this: http://www.oscostume.com/assassins-creed-4-iv-black-flag-edward-kenway-cosplay-costume-hoodie/ ...which looks OK for the price. Not great, but I think it could be considerably worse.

Any thoughts on this, or suggestions for alternatives? I'm male btw. I have a flintlock pistol replica that I intend to use as a prop if I can source a decent costume.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated, thanks. :)

Liali
08-09-2013, 03:10 AM
Update: I've decided to abandon the idea of doing AC4 this year in favour of an Ezio costume, since there's a much wider choice of premade costumes for that. My sister has agreed to help me create an AC4 costume for next year, which I should be able to partly make up using a few pieces of the Ezio one.

Thanks to those who swung by to read this. This thread can be closed/deleted/whatever. :)