PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about going....

sheenaringo
04-06-2004, 08:31 PM
I have gone to Otakon a few times but never any other convention... This year, I am thinking about taking a trip north(i live in south jersey) and head over to the convention. Just, I don't know anything about this convention and I'd love to have some ideas. Opinions and what-not would be nice.... :jjacks: bring it!!

echocharlie
04-06-2004, 09:38 PM
I have gone to Otakon a few times but never any other convention... This year, I am thinking about taking a trip north(i live in south jersey) and head over to the convention. Just, I don't know anything about this convention and I'd love to have some ideas. Opinions and what-not would be nice.... :jjacks: bring it!!

AnimeNext is quite different from Otakon. Less crowds, less dealers, less of everything. But the flip side is, you'll have more time to socialize and talk to people. Some people enjoy smaller cons more than bigger cons.

Check out the 2003 memories site for pictures and links to reviews for AnimeNext 2003: http://www.animenext.org/2003

TheAnarCHris
04-07-2004, 12:37 AM
Like EC said, it's smaller than Otakon, but friendlier. A good con none the less.

StarDustShadow
04-07-2004, 11:12 AM
and it's got Richard Cox! ^____^

I went to next in 2003, and it was so great! You'll meet great people, and probably get a chance to talk with some of the guests. Plus as everyone else said, there's less of a crowd, which in most ways is totally great :bigtu: