PDA

View Full Version : Puchiko-nyu!

Hikaru Tsuki
04-07-2004, 06:22 PM
Alrighty, I've finished my *third* Puchiko costume. XD The first one was just *bad*, the second was better and the third is probably as good as it'll get with my abilities. So, pictures of the costume are here:

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=122991
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=122990&password=&sort=1&size=medium&cat=500&page=

Now, I understand the costume looks a little lobsided in the pictures. I didn't get a chance to readjust the shirt, which also somewhat messed up the placement of the bow at the back. When the shirt is straight, everything actually lines up. ^^;

SO! CRITIQUE! ... please. ;_;

livvylove
04-08-2004, 01:07 PM
Idono you look like your swimming in that outfit. Maybe make it a bit more fitting to your body. Especially the shirt. The tie looks a bit long for what she normally has. Maybe the ears and tail and boots could be in a more plush material like a faux fur. Maybe the feet could be a little more poofy. Its a good costume but could use a few more finishing touches. But its a good job.

Hikaru Tsuki
04-08-2004, 05:16 PM
Thanks for the feedback. ^^

I purposely made the costume over-sized to make me appear smaller. As for the fabric on the boots and cap, I used fleece. I loath faux fur with a passion (you would too if you worked in a fabric store XD). As for the scarf, I did originally have it more accurate to Puchiko's design, but it left a huge white space on the shirt, which looked kind of awkward. So, following stuff I learned from fashion designing, the scarf was changed. =P

kiwi
04-08-2004, 05:37 PM
I quite like it! Your post prepared me for something somewhat ugly, but you did an excellent job! Size-wise I think the proportions are just right for Puchiko, too, as her clothes are too big for her. Kudos on making the poofy pants and not whimping out with a pleated skirt ^^

Scrapped Neko
04-10-2004, 01:42 AM
You know what? You're the only cosplayer I've ever seen who's actually made Puchiko's skirt right. It's poofy and gathered just like hers. It looks perfect!
I disagree with the suggestion someone made about make the costume less baggy. Making the costume less baggy would make it less accurate, since Puchiko's outfit is big like that.
Also, are you using your real hair or are you wearing a wig?

Nagisu
04-10-2004, 04:40 AM
That is so cute! I love how you got it all so accurate! It's so big that it actually makes you look like you are puchiko-sized~ It makes me want to hug you ^.^ I tried to get my shirt to look like that, and all I accomplished was making me look super-burly.. oh well, I am restarting mine soon, and I hope it turns out as nicely as yours! Great job!

Hikaru Tsuki
04-10-2004, 11:05 AM
I'm quite proud to say I never made the "skirt" mistake on any of my three Puchiko costumes. It's so obvious she wasn't wear a skirt, it's clearly poofy pants! I still don't understand how so many Puchikos run around with pleated skirts. X_X;;

For the hair, I used a wig. I got lucky with it too, not only does it match my hair color (so there's no worries of my own hair poking out), but I got it for $40 Canadian. I was really picky with this costume. All the edges had to be finished, so I dragged peices to my sewing class to take advantage of the sergers. I also demanded the best fabrics, so the boots and cap were made with fleece and everything else was 100% cottons. The shirt, though, cost me quite a bit, because it was a 100% cotton sateen made for home decor. XD It kept it from being transparent (though I still lined it) and gave it the weight and stiffness it needed to hang the way I wanted it to. =3

Oh! And a tip for anyone else cosplaying Puchiko: When sewing on the stripes, use felt to make them. And when you sew them on, use a narrow zig-zag stitch with a 0.5 stitch length. It looks embroidered. *_* I used it on all the stripes and even the designs on the cap, I love it! It's so easy and looks so clean!

I'm so thankful for taking my sewing classes and getting my job at Fabricland, because seriously, without those, the costume would never have turned out the way it did. It probably would've been all broadcloth again. XD!

*Sugar*
04-11-2004, 09:40 PM
Oh! You're costume rocks -nyo!! the oversizing ish wonderful, and I can't find any flaws in it~ even if it took 3 times to improve it, it definately looks fantastic! Definatly one of the best Puchiko's ever!! Very good job -nyo!

Denisse
04-11-2004, 11:11 PM
Oh MY!!! "O_O"
Thats such a great costume.Its very Cute =^.^= I think you did an exelent job.You really did a nice job on it and captured Pushiko's costume perfectly.I mean some people cosplay as her and they dont really do good.But you did awsome. *YAY*
Keep up the good job GIRL!!!

Saria
04-12-2004, 05:01 PM
Wow! O_O That's like... SO CUTE! ^___^ Good job. ^^

Oh! And I love your Avii! X3 <3 Scar.