PDA

View Full Version : Anime Expo Costumes!

Michi
06-08-2002, 05:21 PM
There's less than a month til the con! What are you all gonna bust out and show off? :D

I'm gonna be making...

- T.M.Revolution, Hot Limit outfit (STRAPS!!!)
- Shiranui Mai from Fatal Fury the Movie (the pink and yellow skimpy thing)
- Shiratori Azusa from Ranma 1/2 (her frilly performing outfit)
- Juuhachi Gou/Android 18 from Dragonball Z (the outfit Cell spits her out in XD I just have to go to the thrift store)

I'm also bringing some older costumes~

- Shiranui Mai from King of Fighters '96-'01 (technically this is new, because I'm totally remaking my old one.. TOTALLY remaking *falls over* my friend wants to wear my blue one and do 1P & 2P Mais... x.x)
- Shiranui Mai [blue version] from King of Fighters '96-'01 (I'll steal it at some point)
- Kuja from Final Fantasy IX (VERY briefly, just for some photos with my friend)
- Yabuki Shingo from King of Fighters '97
- Zidane Tribal from Final Fantasy IX (ME WANTS LOTS OF GARNETS!! :bigtu: Oo, soft.)

I just edited this entire post. ^_^;; If I'm REALLY lucky, I'll also bring:

- Alcione from Magic Knight Rayearth

but yeah sure. :thumbsup:

I'll also probably be running around in casual Mai when I'm tired of costumes. XD The MILK shirt from the movie, I hope. I need fabric pens...

Tenshi
06-08-2002, 06:24 PM
Flea from Atelier Elie
Aeka from Tenchi Muyo (OVA battle outfit)
Terra Branford from Final Fantasy VI

Those are definates. . .if I have the wig in time, Oto no Pretear is coming. I was planning on also bringing Melfina from Outlaw Star, but no one seems interested in OS cosplay this year, and Melfina's kinda boring without everyone else ;_;.

Michi
06-08-2002, 06:43 PM
I think your Melfina costume is pretty nice. ^_^ The cape is so neat how it folds out like that! O.O
I won't have time for Outlaw Star cosplay until next year.. I wanna do that Japanese looking chick...

Nietsche
06-08-2002, 09:55 PM
wll it looks like it's gonna be
Reid from Tales of Eternia
Ryudo from Grandia 2
Jet from WildArms 3
Claude from Star Ocean EX
Zero Enna from Megami Kouhousei
Vyse from Eternal Arcadia

Kougaiji (Saiyuki), Shinbios (Shining Force 3) and Nietzsche (Sakuratetsu Taiwahen) have yet to be made if i manage to pull them all off...I may postpone Nietzsche till a later date...

Does anyone notice a huge biase towards RPG heroes in my choices?

Rosiel
06-08-2002, 10:50 PM
My own list just got trimmed down horribly to look like...

1) Ramirez from Skies of Arcadia
2) Rosiel, Atziluth uniform (new)

...because I have NO TIME.

I might bring an older Rosiel too... but that's about it. O_O
*sigh* I am the victim of bad planning.

Celine
06-08-2002, 10:55 PM
Oooh! FF6!!! Yay!!!! Everyone is bringing exciting RPG costumes! And, for once, I'm bringing ANIME costumes!!!

It looks like I will have:
Flea, Chrono Trigger
Kari, Digimon 02
Katt, Breath of Fire 2
Fina, Skies of Arcadia

Time and sanity permitting, I may have:
Jessie, Pokemon
Clara, Skies of Arcadia
Aika, Skies of Arcadia

Ayaka
06-09-2002, 01:29 AM
:P Well with my sewing machine in the shop things are a bit up in the air. But hopefully -

Faye Valentine, Cowboy Bebop
Kaoru Kamiya, Rurouni Kenshin (kendo tanuki version) <-- these two will be done no matter what
Peorth, Aa! Megami-sama (manga version, first outfit)
Genjyo Sanzo, Saiyuki

And if I get those done, it's Dotta-chan from Bakuretsu Hunters and/or Yoh or Anna from Shaman King. Poor Integral from Hellsing got dumped, I won't have time to make a tailored suit and unless by some mirale I find one I can afford in the right color . . . >_< I'm going to be bringing Haruko from FLCL too. Considering this is only my second time cosplaying, a pretty full slate, I guess.

Yggdrasil Pie
06-09-2002, 01:58 AM
Wai! I just got 2 costumes. ^_^;;;

Aeris from Final Fantasy 7
and
Umi from Magic Knights Rayearth.

I hope I don't get too hot in Umi's costume though...@_@

Michi
06-09-2002, 03:11 AM
I'm surprised at how many anime costumes I'm doing. o_o I want more game costumessss!

And YAY an Umi! I am going to be stalking Magic Knights and bonking them on the head with my staff.. BWAHAHA..

MiakaShi
06-09-2002, 04:36 AM
Mine's kinda boring cauz I didn't have much time for anything...

New:
Korisu from Gun Blaze West (I am planning to go to Watsuki Nobuhiro and shock him with a costume NOT from RuroKen.)
Ayanami Rei (cauz I have nothing better to do...)

Old:
Jibriel from Angel Sanctuary (since people want me to. ^^;)
Princess Sakura from the CCS 2nd movie (also by request)
Hotaru Futaba from Mark of the Wolves

And...er...yeah I dunno, I can always just go home and get whatever during the con if need be. ^^;

Yggdrasil Pie
06-09-2002, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by MichiMizer
I'm surprised at how many anime costumes I'm doing. o_o I want more game costumessss!

And YAY an Umi! I am going to be stalking Magic Knights and bonking them on the head with my staff.. BWAHAHA..

lol!
Bonk me?
I'll poke you! XD Wahahahaha! :D

MyuMyu
06-09-2002, 02:38 PM
Bah, Rosiel, i feel your pain. my list previously had, like, 12 costumes, and now- 3!!! Lack of time is terrible... i have 2 weeks between my classes ending and con. >_<

1. Anna, Shaman King
2. Christie, Tekken 4 (providing i finish it)
3. Noise, Angel Sanctuary.

I may bring my Kodachi costume... but its queestionable.

Nadeshiko
06-09-2002, 05:37 PM
Let's see...I'm going to be a bringing...

~Eva Friedel
~Miaka Daae
~Sore wa himitsu desu! ^.~
~Pepper
~Utena
~Neo Princess Mars

And if I feel like it, I'll being Satsuki...

The_manhamster
06-09-2002, 05:55 PM
Curse my universal isolation for all the good cons! :(

I'm trapped in Iowa and I can't escape! :bigcry:

Lilli
06-09-2002, 07:18 PM
._. Hmmmmmmmmmm. AX costume list?

Done: (Yatta!)
Fina from Skies of Arcadia
Millenia from Grandia II
Mana from Malice Mizer (Merveilles winged costume)
Sanzo from Gensomaden Saiyuki

Just About Done: (Work, work!)
Iris from Sakura Taisen
Tsubame from Cyber Team in Akihabara
Hakkai from Gensomaden Saiyuki (Not for me)

Alas, poor Precis-chan has been hacked permanently out of my cosplay itinerary, most likely to be replaced by Shane Caradine from Wild Arms 3. Either that or Opera from Star Ocean. Havn't decided yet ._. Which brings us to the next section of my AX cosplay list which shall be entitled...

Good Luck, Suckah: (Don't hold your breath, 'foo.)
Shane? Opera? Ohhh which to chooose??
Poorly Kept Secret costume.

._.; That should be everything... Dear GOD, I hope that's everything, LOL

LiL QoH
06-09-2002, 08:39 PM
Lulu
Lina inverse

Michi
06-10-2002, 03:29 AM
OKAY! Now I will definately do Mai/Mai/Alcione/Azusa/TMR.. and then if Alcione is being worked on lots, I'll start on my Meowth kittygirl, Neo Kururu from Rhapsody, and Nico from Azure Dreams.

AX will be my how-much-can-Michi-do-before-she-collapses-con.

YAY!

..and of course I'll probably bring Nikki and I'm definately bringing Zidane and might be doing another Android 18.

I'll be changing outfits every few hours. XDDDD

Third-child
06-10-2002, 11:39 AM
Umm lets see.

Blue Mary
Cleo (from Orphen)
Jubie-Chan

tsukinohime
06-10-2002, 12:22 PM
My list is rather pathetic, but I don't have any more time/money . . .
New:
princess serenity
kamikaze kaitou jeanne (season 1 kimono)

Old that could appear upon request:
may (from hand maid may)
utena
makino

Michi
06-10-2002, 05:17 PM
Yay Blue Mary! Yay SNK characters!

And bah, small lists aren't pathetic. MY huge list is pathetic. I'm gonna kill myself with all these costumes. ^_^;

khamryn
06-11-2002, 09:15 PM
I'm bringing...

Valgaav (Slayers Try)
Raphael (Angel Sanc)
Yuki (Gravitation)
Gackt (Live Vanilla version, with slightly modified hair.. maybe the promo for Vanilla style. ^^ GOKU! Mahahah! ~_^)

Ayaka
06-11-2002, 11:36 PM
And just a few days ago I was staring down at the Valgaav pin on my bag and thinking I hadn't seen him cosplayed. XD

khamryn
06-12-2002, 12:22 AM
Ayaka-

::Cackle:: I felt the urge. ~_^ He rocks! And some really cool people are makin the wig for me... let's hope I get it BEFORE the con. Hahah ^^;

Ayaka
06-13-2002, 06:43 PM
Khamryn - I'm gonna be so disappointed if I don't run into you to get your photo! Well, here's hoping anyway. ^^

Saru - there's gonna be twenty-bazillion Kenshin cosplayers, for obvious reasons. But hopefully that will just add to the fun. ^^ Personally I'd like someone to do Misao with weasel ears . . . cause I know there will be a Megumi with fox ears, and then me of course . . . been threatening to carry a pair o' weasel ears and stick them on any Misao I spot for the sake of a photo op, lol.

Eurobeat King
06-14-2002, 06:14 PM
AX is less than 3 weeks away! Can't wait.. :) But it looks like I won't have time to make the 2 new costumes I was planning on making, :( so my costumes will be the ones I've already had but they'll still look good. They are:

Shinji Ikari (w/ Pen-Pen)
Saitou Hajime (for the RK Group & Watsuki panel) :skidude:
King (for KOF night)
Kim Jae Hoon (Mark of the Wolves)
Jann Lee (Dead or Alive 2)
Ohgami Ichirou (Sakura Taisen)
Hideo Shimazu (Rival Schools)
Ryosuke Takahashi (Initial D) :skidude2:

Might bring Trowa again, or Icchan (Angelic Layer) if there's a gathering.. Sorry Dez that I couldn't get Jean done in time for the Star Ocean EX group, but my "at-con printing" project is going to need attention from now until AX, so I've little time to do new costumes within 3 weeks. You'll see.. ;)

"Listen To Eurobeat"

Nietsche
06-14-2002, 08:03 PM
daijoubu desuyo! Al!

Things happen and need our attention..it might turn out that i might not have time to make my cutlass even tho i have the materials for it now and tools that i had bought especially...but I'll see what i can pull out of the bag! So please don't worry about it!
Let's see! I have made some revisions to my list too given that Nando isn't doing Clive for AX

We still got- Ryudo
Reid
Claude
Zero
Vyse
Kougaiji
and something else- the King of Bandit himself!

khamryn
06-15-2002, 05:24 PM
Ayaka- Well.. look for the pointy aqua haired person. ^.^ Hehe... ::Grin:: (Friday)

Luna
06-19-2002, 09:26 PM
Utena
Human Luna (still in works)
Sailor Mars (maybe, it's an old costume)

I've seen at least 3 Utenas here, hey, lets get together and take a pic! :-)

Ina
06-20-2002, 06:13 PM
well, i'll just be going on saturday or maybe friday since i just heard that i don't have summer school on july 4 & 5 -_-* sooo, me and my friend amber-chan and alisa-chan will be going as Ed, Motoko and Suuuuuu (me)!!!!!!!! *points at her avatar* ::ahem:: yeah ^_^ i guess we have to go around fast and get to know lots of people pretty fast T_T

Nadeshiko
06-21-2002, 12:54 AM
Yay! I have everything watered down so far! *^^* Woot! Since Lils won't be doing Sugar, I won't be wearing Pepper. Hm...perhaps Pepper will show up around AniMagic time. I also finally decided to throw my 18th bday at Rock Bottom Brewery. Yay, I turn legal!

Wednesday - Sakura (Kare Kano)
anyone want to challange me in a v-ball match? *lol*

Thursday - Eva Friedel (Memories)
Miaka Daae (Here's to that Day)

Friday - Utena Tenjou (Revolutionary Girl Utena)
Kyoko (Rival Schools)
Francesca (Rose Colored Dreams)

Saturday - Sore Wa Himitsu, Desu! (a CLAMP manga)

Sunday - Neo Princess Mars

c'est tout! ^^

Lilli
06-21-2002, 04:40 AM
Saaaaaaa... *ponder* Hmmmm. *looks at the costumes she has to make before AX* HMMMMMM!!! I wonder wether or not I could pull together a Sugar on time for AX. You're right, probably not. Hehee, maybe I'll be able to have a Sugar for Ani-Magic. She isn't exactly a last-minute sort of cosplay, she's got soooo many kawaii little details!!

Indeed, I wonder.

Nemui Yume
06-24-2002, 03:33 AM
Lurvely indeed

i guess i only have two brand new costumes for AX but you'll have to catch them first hehe i want to surprise people- i don't wanna spoil them XD

my old ones indeed will have to be,

Rena Landford Star Ocean -- YEY Dez will be me Claude ne? ^_^ *urepi*
Yoh Asakura Shaman King-- yey more bishie ness XD this time my vest won't fall XD alwright!
Sasuke Naruto-- the usual Naruto thang XD
Alice DDR 5th-- yeah my hair is in a good length to do so why not? extra costume for me to be in!~ hehe :D

MyuMyu
06-24-2002, 11:24 AM
oouu a Yoh!!! YAY!!!! im bringing Anna >D

ive got Anna (Shaman King)
Masa (gacktJOB)
Noise (Angel Sanctuary)
Christie (Tekken 4)

.....okay i should REALLY be sewing..... ^^;;;;;;;

Michi
06-24-2002, 02:30 PM
I wish I was doing Anna, Stellaaaa ;-; Maybe if I find the correct type of dress at the thrift store when I get stuff for Android 18... :D

Anyways ~ umm ~ I just totally redid the first post I made with a complete revamp of what I'm bringing.

W00t.

Ayaka
06-24-2002, 07:26 PM
My post is way back on the first page . . . I'm lazy . . . just gonna repost.

THURS - Kaoru Kamiya, Rurouni Kenshin
FRI - Haruko Haruhara, FLCL
Integral Hellsing, Hellsing
SAT - Anna, Shaman King (there's gonna be tons of Annas, I want to do Yoh desperately but can't afford another wig . . . hair not black . . . and I saw Anna's dress while out today, cheap. I love Shaman King.)
Faye Valentine, Cowboy Bebop
SUN - Genjyo Sanzo, Saiyuki

This all pivots on my getting the sewing done . . . OO;;; Finally got my machine back today, but with only one part replaced; now to see if it's usable. Otherwise I'm buying a new machine tonight . . . *dies*

MyuMyu
06-25-2002, 01:30 PM
rofl, word. i love cheap cosplay *G*H*E*T*T*O* XD

yeeeep.. gotta go work on chacha and sew a pair of pants @.@

Celine
06-27-2002, 01:23 AM
Thought I'd add... I'm also going to bring Nei from Phantasy Star 2. My sis will be Alis from PS1, so yay Phantasy Star! ^_^

Iori E
06-28-2002, 12:21 AM
I don't have a very long list. Just Kanako from Love Hina and Igniz from KOF 2001.

It still boggles my mind how some cosplayers can wear more than 5 costumes for AX. o_O;;; I like to wear my 2 costumes for long periods of time, so that everybody sees them. Sometimes friends would ask me, "Did you see me in this cool costume?" and I reply, "No, I must've missed it," and I get all depressed because I didn't see that cool costume during the short amount of time it was worn... :/

Nemui Yume
06-29-2002, 03:27 AM
YeY for PS cosplay!! i want pics what day to do you plan to wear them? :D

Kuja
06-30-2002, 02:41 AM
I guess I never responded to this. I'm bringing:

Helena from Dead or Alive
Kuja bet you didn't see that one coming ^_~
Doll from Angel Sanctuary
Rosiel from Angel Sanctuary outfit from manga 15 I think. *has to look back* But it's in the Lost Angel Artbook.

Celine
06-30-2002, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Nemui Yume
YeY for PS cosplay!! i want pics what day to do you plan to wear them? :D

Probably Friday afternoon & evening... ^_^
The amazing purpleness of my costume will be hard to miss! I'm so sad that more people don't do PS cosplay. OLD SCHOOL PS ROCKS!!!!