PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy Cosplay

Tifa
11-18-2002, 09:27 PM
Anyone going as Final Fantasy cosplay for 2003? I'm going as Rinoa from FFVIII.

Celine
11-18-2002, 10:53 PM
Yep, I'm getting together a Tactics group. ^_^ I'll be either Ramza or Alma. It's entirely possible that I'll do a different FF character, too...

Dark Vision
11-18-2002, 11:53 PM
Final fantasy cosplay... its one of the most popular cosplays to do. Expect to see a lot... BTW I'm going as Tidus....just one more time!!!!

Bell-chan
11-19-2002, 12:05 AM
depending on how much money I have by then, I'm most likely cosplaying Yuna (FFX) and I wanted to cosplay the Rinoa costume I made (hmm I'll need a wig >.<). And...Selphie! (those nunchakus are gonna be so cool XD). I have a lot more in mind, but that will have to wait until later conventions ^___^

Anyone going as Final Fantasy cosplay for 2003? I'm going as Rinoa from FFVIII.
If you cosplay Rinoa, tell me what day(s) so I can cosplay Selphie with ya or something ^__^

Sana-chan
11-19-2002, 07:35 AM
Yesh I am being Yuna again. Whether I'll be FFX-2 Yuna or juss wear my regular Yuna costume is still a mystery lol.

makio
11-19-2002, 08:34 AM
By the time AX rolls around, I should have an updated version of my Vivi costume by then. Now if I could just think of a skit...

katchoo
11-19-2002, 10:10 AM
I'll have my yuna x-2 outfit! ^_^

Yggdrasil Pie
11-19-2002, 06:54 PM
I shall be Aeris of FFVII!

^____^

enishi
11-19-2002, 07:35 PM
Considering how much I spent on Tidus, I will be wearing it until AX2045.

ZiggyB
11-19-2002, 08:20 PM
I'll have my Squall at AX03. I'm also in the Masqurade and we're doing a final fantasy VIII skit.

Tifa
11-19-2002, 10:09 PM
=--= I'm prolly gunna be Rinoa all four days (unless my friends end up dragging me to Disney Land to play their so-called "special" edition of DDR that we haven't play yet). It's my first costume, so it'll prolly suck...although I think my hair would match the part okay, since it's already black with a few brown streaks (though too many; who cares) It should be easy enough *is lazy* but I'm not good at crafts.... ><

I'm also bringing my two friends who are planning to be Yuna (regular costume) and Beatrix from FFIX. I don't think we're performing any skits, let alone entering any contests, but I'll ask 'em about it.

Mink
11-20-2002, 12:34 AM
I want to try Riku from FFX2, but I dont know if it will be premiering at Fanime or AX...probably both if my boyfriend has anything to say about it.....;)

Maryssa
11-20-2002, 01:56 PM
Wow I'll be the only pre-7 FF cosplayer there *^_^*

Michi
11-20-2002, 04:51 PM
After Kuja last year.... I actually don't think I'm doing anything FF for AX. o_O That may change, but... eee.

That's cause you're cool like that, Maryssa. :P Someday I'll pimp you when I get my Edgar costume done. o_x;

L to the 3rd
11-21-2002, 04:15 AM
i'll wear squall again cuz it's my
trademark costume., Cloud and
revamped male hume FFXI costume.

ChenCzen
11-21-2002, 04:42 AM
im probably going to be doing my 'evil squall' thing... but its a long time till expo and i might come up with a better idea later...

this ff thread inspired me to make a new sig!

ZiggyB
11-21-2002, 04:49 AM
Originally posted by L to the 3rd
i'll wear squall again cuz it's my
trademark costume.

Yay!

You know what, we never got a picture together. :( I think subconsiously it's because you're Squall is monumentally better then mine. :(

See ya soon. :)

Alaria
11-26-2002, 09:19 PM
ohhh, the FF....Lulu, Edea, Wallmarket tifa for a short time, and Celes for a short time...

PretearWink
11-28-2002, 05:52 PM
I might -might- *crosses fingers* be going to AX, but if I do, I already have a petty good Tifa costume done, but I might make an FFX-2 Rikku by then^_^

Kamui Motoaki
11-28-2002, 07:20 PM
uh. .KH Cloud
fix or renew Squalls Uniforms. .
maybe Zidane. . .
and a Titus. . cause i have a certain "bet" with Chrissy to win. . .^_~
and maybe Sora if you count that. .

Tenshi
11-28-2002, 11:23 PM
I'll definately have Fuujin. I might drag Terra to another con, but it depends on how much I wear it at Katsu.

Michi
11-29-2002, 12:50 AM
Okay nevermind. I've been playing FF9 lots lately and now I have more ideas. So I'll probably have SOMETHING FF at AX. Oy vey, I can't stop. :O

Nietsche
11-29-2002, 08:29 PM
Well..this'll be my first foray into FF cosplay but...if Squill does Zidane then I may do Blank! Given that you guys have nice summers over there being slightly exposed won't be too harsh on my 'complexion!' (bwahaha!)

However...i have many costume to get through between now and AX..so we shall see....

Michi
11-30-2002, 01:11 AM
Eeeee. A Blank and a Zidane. Really.. want.. to do.. FF9 ideas... GAH.

Tifa
11-30-2002, 04:09 PM
I haven't seen many cosplayers for FF9..Well, being Amarant or Quina is already out of the question, and it'd be hard for people to be Eiko, Vivi, or Steiner, so I guess it's sorta obvious why FF9 cosplayers are hard to find.. By the way, Michi, you're such an awesome Kuja

Michi
11-30-2002, 10:40 PM
I'd love to do Quina. :P Hehehehe. Quina is the best. "This place.... got NO yummy-yummies anywhere!" I love Quina~~
I've seen an Amarant cosplayer at AX 2K1, and my friend is trying to make his own... So it's not necessarily out of the question. :D And my friend wants to make Steiner if we can figure out how to make the armor. He totally looks like him. o_O

Heh, thankyou Tifa! I don't think I'll wear Kuja to AX again but I'm planning it for Fanime, probably. Geh.

I'm planning an Alexandrian Soldier costume now! Because I'm crazy and they have neato designs!! So if there really is a Zidane and Blank, I can pose ARRESTING THEM! Bwahaha. x.x I might have my own Zidane costume fixed up with a weapon or to for AX (I did a super ghetto version at A-kon this year.. bleh). It really depends on what I feel like working on next year. ^_^; So many ideas, but I do nothing else with my life. u.u;

makio
12-01-2002, 01:34 AM
A friend and I started work on my Vivi costume this past week for both Ohayocon(hopefully in time!) and Anime Expo...a friend suggested for anyone cosplaying Steiner to try using pliant sheet metal.

Places like "Home Depot" and other hardware stores sell it inexpensively in a roll. You probably will also need heavy duty cutting shears (also inexpensive) and some kind of fasteners/rivets to keep it bound together since I doubt people have the ability to do serious flame melding! The chainmail might pose a problem, but if you have local renaissance fairs (or are lucky enough to find it on eBay!); you'd probably snag that there. Good luck! It'd be cool to see someone attempt Steiner for a change!

Celine
12-01-2002, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Nietsche
Well..this'll be my first foray into FF cosplay but...if Squill does Zidane then I may do Blank! Given that you guys have nice summers over there being slightly exposed won't be too harsh on my 'complexion!' (bwahaha!)

Blank?? REALLY???? Oh my gosh, you should SO do it!!! I want to see someone do Blank!! DO IT DO IT DO IT!!!!!

I'm pretty sure I'll be doing FF9 for AX. Either Zidane or... someone else... not sure who yet. ^_^;;; But I love FF9 so I want to cosplay it again. One of my friends is doing Garnet's princess dress so I am sooo psyched to see that!

Nietsche
12-01-2002, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Celine
Blank?? REALLY???? Oh my gosh, you should SO do it!!! I want to see someone do Blank!! DO IT DO IT DO IT!!!!!

I'm pretty sure I'll be doing FF9 for AX. Either Zidane or... someone else... not sure who yet. ^_^;;; But I love FF9 so I want to cosplay it again. One of my friends is doing Garnet's princess dress so I am sooo psyched to see that!

Hehe..I thought you'd be more into seeing a Steiner actually...anyway, the costume is still tentatively dependant on peoples...

Rey-Rey
12-01-2002, 07:26 PM
Hey, how come no one is cosplaying as Heidegger? >=D

Woof. >=D

Celine
12-01-2002, 11:35 PM
Hehe..I thought you'd be more into seeing a Steiner actually...anyway, the costume is still tentatively dependant on peoples...

Ah, yeah... ^_^;; Steiner is one of my faves, but realistically, it should be less impossible to find a Blank than a Steiner. You should never have told me you were considering it because now I'm gonna pester you the whole year to do it. I'd even make you the darned costume! I want someone to be Blank! ...nobody else has ever mentioned that they'd wear the costume...

Michi
12-02-2002, 04:18 AM
My same friend that wants to be Steiner was actually thinking about Don Corneo.. but no Heidegger. :P

Alaria
12-02-2002, 04:28 AM
well, Rey Rey, why don't u do Heidegger?

Nietsche
12-02-2002, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by Celine
Ah, yeah... ^_^;; Steiner is one of my faves, but realistically, it should be less impossible to find a Blank than a Steiner. You should never have told me you were considering it because now I'm gonna pester you the whole year to do it. I'd even make you the darned costume! I want someone to be Blank! ...nobody else has ever mentioned that they'd wear the costume...

Aww..you'd make the costume? ^^ I'm gonna pester you the whole yeat to do that then..bwahahahaha! (j/k)

Famira Damaris
12-02-2002, 09:42 AM
Gah...I'm gonna try to attempt a Tseng. *blurps*

Celine
12-02-2002, 10:10 AM
Aww..you'd make the costume? ^^ I'm gonna pester you the whole yeat to do that then..bwahahahaha! (j/k)

I'd make it in exchange for one of your super cute carros!!! ^_^ You know how much I'd love a carro... and I'm doing Elena for Akon/AX this year.

*pesters you* Doooo Blaaaaaankk!!!

>My same friend that wants to be Steiner was actually thinking about Don Corneo..

Don Corneo! XD That would be classic... especially since a bunch of people have done/are doing the three ladies from that scene.

L to the 3rd
12-02-2002, 03:38 PM
Ahh ziggy! we've gotta take pics
together as Squall. I actually haven't worn Squall that much this year.. (or if i did, it wasnt' for more than 2 hours a con).

HEHEH.. just you wait, Will... we'll see who ends up in the pool.

Omg.. i wanted to go as Garnet before.. but i think i'm too tall.. I might do Beatrix cuz she looks like a pirate but yea.. i dunno if it'd wear what she's wearing.

ZiggyB
12-02-2002, 05:26 PM
L: Hehe, I'm sure we will. Assuming I don't run away like a scared little otaku. :>

Sounds like we have a decient FF gathering in the works. :)

Tifa
12-02-2002, 09:41 PM
Why ish no one being Zell? Zell's da bestestestest character in da world.. =P

Alaria
12-02-2002, 10:23 PM
My friend Kevin ish being Zell :) (he's the auron in my gallery) We should make him carry around hot dogs

Celine
12-02-2002, 10:28 PM
>Sounds like we have a decient FF gathering in the works. :)

Well, it *is* Final Fantasy, after all!! ^^ Only one of the most popular cosplay choices ever... but seriously, did anyone here see (or, like me, participate in) the mega huge FF gathering at Otakon. It was silly how large it was, and there were characters from a whole bunch of the various games. It was great. We should totally try and make a huge gathering at AX, if possible. ^_^

Tifa
12-02-2002, 10:40 PM
That'd be fun! =^^=

Squall Leonhart
12-02-2002, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by L to the 3rd
Ahh ziggy! we've gotta take pics
together as Squall. I actually haven't worn Squall that much this year.. (or if i did, it wasnt' for more than 2 hours a con).

HEHEH.. just you wait, Will... we'll see who ends up in the pool.

Omg.. i wanted to go as Garnet before.. but i think i'm too tall.. I might do Beatrix cuz she looks like a pirate but yea.. i dunno if it'd wear what she's wearing.

hehaeha. . . You wait crissy . . .you wait. . . ^_~

Alaria
12-03-2002, 12:43 AM
Celine:> I know there's always a FF gathering for pics at AX, I just never happen to find it! Lol, hopefully the site will be posting specifics about when such gatherings are

Celine
12-03-2002, 12:49 AM
Alaria- I *think* I saw the "FF" gathering this year... but it was 99% FFX, if I'm not mistaken. ^^ Generally, the AX board is kept pretty up-to-date with what photo shoots are happening when. At least, I was able to meet up with everyone I wanted to thanks to the schedule posted there. Plus, we can use cosplay.com this year, so that at least everyone here will know when & where it is!! ^_^

Michi
12-04-2002, 08:46 AM
It WAS 99% FFX. I got in my Kuja costume too late for it anyway. :P

Aaaaand I cosplay Zell. ^_____^ Err back in 2K/2K1. I might in 2003 if I cut my bangs again, I couldn't do it this year 'cause I grew them out (he may have them high, but anything longer than eyebrow-length bangs is TOO high..) Zell is the BEST. He is nearly my favorite video game character ever, only outdone by Shingo from KOF. >_>

YAY FF gathering. I will be totally obscure if I only do my FF9 costume. Arr. Maybe I'll be Zidane with my weapon, if I have time. ^^;

Famira Damaris
12-04-2002, 09:40 AM
Squee! There's never enough FF9 cosplayers. ^^ More the merrier. *shifty eyes* Gotta convince my friend to go as Turk Vincent. Another friend told me he might be interested in doing Rude, but things aren't certain yet...

Oshi
12-04-2002, 01:21 PM
Seifer or Tidus, take your pick ^^;
I'm not gonna bring Auron, I can't take that big-ass sword on a plane.... >.>;;

Alaria
12-05-2002, 01:36 AM
:::::chuckles::: u could always mail it over O_o

Spooky Brew
12-05-2002, 01:40 AM
Probably as KH Squall! It'll be a brand new costume I'm working on specifically for this con!

Alaria
12-05-2002, 01:44 AM
ehh?!!? Spooky, that's great!! u must take pics with me :) I'll be doing Maleficent for KH, Lord Masamune KH cloud and sephiroth, and a couple of our friends will be doing ansem, sora, and mebbe (hopefully) riku....lol, now that I look at it, mebbe I should do a square character ^__^

Spooky Brew
12-05-2002, 01:45 AM
Cool, I will take pictures!!

Celine
12-05-2002, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Alaria
I'll be doing Maleficent for KH

For AX?? Really??? EEE!!! She is my favorite Disney villain, and she was so awesome in KH. ^_^ I will definitely look out for your group!

Nietsche
12-05-2002, 12:03 PM
So you'd make me a Blank costume if i make you a Carro?
I have one ready and wating to have a nice Grandia 2 cosplayer to take him/her home including it's light up tail!

Now should I take you up on your offer? hmmm...

Celine
12-05-2002, 04:15 PM
Now should I take you up on your offer? hmmm...

Yes, you should. :P
You know I want a Carro, and I know that they cost you time and money, and are ridiculously cute. Therefore, this would be fair!

Nietsche
12-05-2002, 04:37 PM
I shall take you up on that offer....maybe message you later on whenever you are on!

the source
12-05-2002, 06:28 PM
::raises hand:: a friend of mine may help me do a kick ass Cid costume from FFVII. all of this despite the fact i never really have cosplayed and i do not like FFVII. but he has been bugging me for almost two years now saying i would be a perfect Cid. oh well we will see.

Tifa
12-05-2002, 06:47 PM
Oh, as for Tidus or Seifer: Seifer..because there's too many Tidus's x.x And it'd be fun to call you Seifer Waifer *is totally insane, by the way*

Suu
12-06-2002, 02:53 AM
I want to try both Yuna and Rikku of FFX-2. They're both much less conservative than my last costume. I have to find a really long gradient red and yellow scarf.

Alaria
12-06-2002, 10:15 PM
or dye a really long white scarf ^__^

Jinx
12-06-2002, 11:38 PM
Hmmm.. I wanted to do an FF copsplay every year, but I can't seem to fit one in. Plus, I wanted to do Lulu, but I gave that up for my sis' first cosplay.

Tifa
12-10-2002, 05:49 PM
Um..that was quite random.. Anyway, I'm confused..do you live in Flagstaff or Phoenix? O.o 'Cause I live in Phoenix, and I just thought that was neato and..yeah.. *shuts up* >< I wish I lived in Flagstaff..IT ACTUALLY SNOWS *shuts up again*

Alaria
12-11-2002, 04:22 AM
Happy Birthday Tifa!

Michi
12-11-2002, 03:34 PM
Jinx ~ Could you fit in your sister's Lulu? XD S'what I'd do.

Suu
12-12-2002, 01:23 AM
Alright, Christmas break= hopefully I can get some sewing done. or at least go scavange shopping. I like your Christmas picture Alaria.

I'm gonna try to look for a scarf like Rikku's in FFX-2 so that I wouldn't have to try and dye a scarf myself. Please make a post if you happen to see a scarf like that.

tamahomegurl
12-12-2002, 01:31 AM
cool!! everyone has xmas avis except for me ;___;; *cries*

yay!!! i hope to get to see all you cool ff/square/kh cosplayers at ax03!!!! ^___^ i'm soooooooo excited!!!!

Tifa
12-12-2002, 10:41 PM
Fankies Alaria. Merph.. *blinks* ..I WANT IT TO BE SUMMER NOW SO WE KIN GET TO ANIME EXPO ALREADY. Sorry, one of those spontaneous moments...

Mandy Mitchell
01-11-2003, 02:34 AM
I cosplayed Rikku last year. I'm going as Lulu this year, and I'm also making a Maester Seymour costume for my friend.

Suu
01-11-2003, 10:26 PM
Ok, I bought a long off white scarf after that whole Christmas sale. However, it's 100% acrylic and the cloth dye specifically state "not recommended for 100% polyester or acrylic." So, have anyone managed to sucessfully dye acrylic? What happens if it doesn't work?

Suu
01-11-2003, 10:26 PM
*successful. doh.

Michi
01-12-2003, 04:32 AM
Posts can be edited. ^_~

Wow. I think this Expo I might not be doing FF cosplay. :O I'll have other Squaresoft stuff though. XD

ling_xiaoyu2002
01-18-2003, 02:22 PM
Hmmmm...only FF costume I'm doing is...Devil Squall...and I'm only wearing it for half the day...cuz I'm wearing two costumes on the same day...since I'm only allowed to go for two days....oh well...!