PDA

View Full Version : A male variation on Yuna! ^_^

GothicGecko
04-09-2004, 08:30 AM
First off let me say that flamer type people will be laughed at since their too stupid to Realize that there's a warning in the title.

*Ahem* Otay. Lol. I've got a crazy idea. A male variation on Yuna! ^_^ *bouncebounce* It'd be wonderlicious! I've already done up what his hair looks like and all. Hehe. He's gonna rock. I need a name though o_O...

And yes, even though I got the idea of Yuna being male it does NOT mean Tidus is female in my mind. I happen to think two boys together is pretty considering I have a boyfriend. ^_^;;

I'd be happy to hear any suggestions or thoughts on this. But please, No, "Your gay, you suck!" Messages. They'll just be ignored anyway and it takes up Forum space.

Xanthe Kelsylva
04-09-2004, 12:41 PM
LOL, that would be cute! Which one of Yuna's outfits are you trying to do the variation on? Because I could probably give you some cute suggestions.

Rinoa1022
04-09-2004, 02:09 PM
I think thats a great idea and could look really great! <-- Huge guyXguy fan :)

chibi_kitsune
04-09-2004, 02:15 PM
First off let me say that flamer type people will be laughed at since their too stupid to Realize that there's a warning in the title.

*Ahem* Otay. Lol. I've got a crazy idea. A male variation on Yuna! ^_^ *bouncebounce* It'd be wonderlicious! I've already done up what his hair looks like and all. Hehe. He's gonna rock. I need a name though o_O...

And yes, even though I got the idea of Yuna being male it does NOT mean Tidus is female in my mind. I happen to think two boys together is pretty considering I have a boyfriend. ^_^;;

I'd be happy to hear any suggestions or thoughts on this. But please, No, "Your gay, you suck!" Messages. They'll just be ignored anyway and it takes up Forum space.

I say whatever you want to make go for it, there's no rule saying you can't. sorry I don't really have any suggestions for it, but I say if you really want to make it then you should make it. Have fun! :)

ZiggyB
04-09-2004, 04:38 PM
I've changed the title of your topic to something more specific.

Duncan
04-09-2004, 04:42 PM
..... -_-;

Zhalfirin
04-09-2004, 07:39 PM
Seeing as A is usually considered the female variation of O(in most languages I know that is) I think the common name could be "Yuno" :P But eh...just my strange, strange thoughs...Good luck with your Yuna-man costume though =) Sounds very interesting.

Catboi Blues
04-09-2004, 07:59 PM
Ack. Actually you said exactly what I was thinking. Yuno works well. As to what Xanthe was asking, which outfit did you want to make the variation? After X-s there's a lot of them.

Wag
04-09-2004, 08:07 PM
I guess it would be pritty cool to see somthing semi-original. As long as it doesn't resemble Man-Faye, I think Man-Yuna could be done.

But then again, maybe just a 100% original costume would be better? Sorry, but I just can't really picture it...lol

GothicGecko
04-09-2004, 08:44 PM
Hee! I didn't think there'd be so many people interested. ^_^; I'm making the staff out of the one with the round ball ontop. I added a blue scarf onto it for originalness. ^^ The staff is gold and I still need to go buy the Styroball for the top...Hehe. And I'd love to here any cute suggestions you guys have! Or any, non cute suggestions. ;)XDD

Yin
04-09-2004, 10:08 PM

GothicGecko
04-09-2004, 10:48 PM
That Rocks Yin! *looks down at self* Now, If Only I could magic away the chub....*Pokes it* Lol. Maybe I should just have a corsetis hthing on underneath and a form fitting shirt with the Abes sign? Lol. Hmmm...This'll be tough to work out...

Yin
04-09-2004, 10:49 PM
That Rocks Yin! *looks down at self* Now, If Only I could magic away the chub....*Pokes it* Lol. Maybe I should just have a corsetis hthing on underneath and a form fitting shirt with the Abes sign? Lol. Hmmm...This'll be tough to work out...

Nah, it's bad enough when girls do that.. much less guys (whom generally have nothing to hide. ;) )

- Yin-yin

GothicGecko
04-09-2004, 10:58 PM
Lol. *Has sudden idea* A whole set of different Dress spheres! *GASP* A FIC! XD I'll put it up on My Webby. *Bouncebounce* I love random Ideas. they rock. XD Hmm...That'd be a good one for Gunner that you drew Yin. The most I'd like to do are The Songstress(Or would it be Bard since he's male? o.O), Gunner, Summoner and Theif.XD Lol Gotta how off some skin. *Shakes his Jelleh*

GothicGecko
04-09-2004, 11:05 PM
*GASP* I JUST GOT ANOTHER GREAT IDEA! We should have a Yu-Ri-Pa but male! Lol

GothicGecko
04-09-2004, 11:08 PM
I think I'm gonna find some picture of our lovely Yuna and make some Designs.

Songstress_Yuna
04-09-2004, 11:11 PM
Lol great idea, I LOVE the pic sooooo cute!!!!! I was thinking of a trainer outfit, instead of a skirt, maybe hakama pants but a little more fitting I don't know I can't explain the pictures in my head that I see lol, but ya great idea!

Yin
04-09-2004, 11:22 PM
The first pic's free. The next one'll cost ya. ;D

- Yin-yin

GothicGecko
04-09-2004, 11:31 PM
The first pic's free. The next one'll cost ya. ;D

- Yin-yin
Cost me what? ;);) Lol I did a very crappy job in photoshop 6 at altering Yuna into Yuno. I think I did a good job on making her earing dissapear though! lol

Yin
04-09-2004, 11:47 PM
Cost me what?

Cost you this. (http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=30993)

;)

- Yin-yin

Kokuu
04-10-2004, 12:26 AM
That's such a crazy idea. I LOVE it!

What do you have in mind? Are you planning on creating the outfit based on her summoner (FFX) outfit, her gunner outfit, or some hybrid? I did a little sketch based on the gunner outfit. Excuse the crappy lack of artistic skill.

Yin
04-10-2004, 03:52 AM
I like the idea of the pendent. =) But.. That's about it. =\ The rest is either too girly, or.. well, not quite adequate. For instance, I placed the arm bands on the for-arms because they would snap on the average man's bicep when slightly flexed. And would sag off when relaxed.

The pants.. wah, just: no. ^_^ Shirtless? *cough* Yuna is clearly wearing a shirt. =\ I gave "Yuno" a vest. It seemed fitting. o.o Forgot to give it a white hood though. (notice: Not pink. >_> There is a difference between crossplaying and having a male variation of a female character. ^_^)

I was thinking semi-snug dark blue jeans tucked into his sub-knee-high black boots. He could still have the half-cape thing if it was made to look less feminine. Or perhaps it was moved to the back?

Oh well, I am tired. Night'

- Yin-yin

GothicGecko
04-10-2004, 10:07 AM
That's such a crazy idea. I LOVE it!

What do you have in mind? Are you planning on creating the outfit based on her summoner (FFX) outfit, her gunner outfit, or some hybrid? I did a little sketch based on the gunner outfit. Excuse the crappy lack of artistic skill.
That's Awesome Kokuu! ^^ And If you made the Yellow armband things out of a stretchy, clingy type of fabric like lycra(XD) You could probably put them up on the biceps and make them cover from shoulder to elbow. I was thinking of doing a couple individual type of Dress spheres. The Gunner, Theif, Songstress Or Bard since he's male and the Summoner outfit since I'm in the middle of making the staff. I'll scan in a couple of my Drawings once we can get our scanner to work again. I was thinking for the theif outfit to have the tight black bikershorts with a T-shirt on that cuts just before it starts to cover the stomach and Fishnet stockings and A fishnet shirt on under the Shirt and shorts and then The Daggers, Same design as Rikku's, only black. And To have some pouches sewed onto a belt that hangs sideways like Squall's in FF8 on the shorts. ^_^ Eee! Go me! Lol I'm hyper this morning...

GothicGecko
04-15-2004, 10:47 PM
I finished the Staff! ^_^ Yay! I'll try and take some pictures of it tomorrow.

I was wondering if anyone had an Idea of what I could do for Yuno's necklace? Shoudl I just do a variation on Yuna's? Same thing? Or something entirely different, liek a besaide Aurochs shell?

Songstress_Yuna
04-16-2004, 12:41 AM
Well what I was thinking is prolly nothing like you'd want to do but I would wanna do it because I think it would be cool..Okay here's my idea, don't kill me if it sounds really stupid LOL
Take Yuna's necklace like the look of it, with the two little stones on each side and then put tidus' symbol in the middle, like on his necklace lol okay never mind that prolly everyone will think it's stupid *runs off*

Eleryth
04-16-2004, 12:57 AM
I think the FFX summoner would be easier.... blue/purlpe hakama, modified white kimono/jacket, yellow/gold sash (no flowers or vines), and forearm guards (not hanging down)...

I love this kind of creative exercise! I remember when someone posted about making Skuld male - I had a really cool idea for white outfit with a trenchcoat and everything... ^^ Too bad I lack artistic skill AND a scanner, or I'd try to draw something up for you... (of "Yuno" not Skuld)

For the FFX2 summoner, the shorts would have to be bigger. A guy wouldn't wear short spandex, IMHO.... I also like the pendant idea a lot. And changing the bicep things to forearm guards.

Songstress_Yuna
04-16-2004, 01:02 AM
I wanna see everything thats done on "Yuno" Im so anxious lol

GothicGecko
04-16-2004, 02:40 AM
Lol, I'm popular! XD

I'm gonna start work on his Summoner's outfit firt. I was thinking that instead of putting flowers and vines on his sashish type thing to replace the obi(still not to sure what exactly be) I was thinking of putting Stars and moons and suns. ^^ This is turning out to be a fun project.

And I think that's a pretty good Idea Songstress yuna. The only thing is, That would have to be the X-2 stuff, Cause Yuno wouldn't know about his lover's blitzball's team's sign(YES! THEY'RE TWO BOYS AND THEY LOVE EACHOTHER AND HAVE HOT STICKY RABBIT....Er....Bouncey fun. ^_^;;; ) before he got there. I was thinking about making a sort of...Stoneish type thing. Lol Find the right stones and peices them together with Rubber cement and then paint them.

I've got tons of ideas floating around in my head for this project. I'm actually considerinf having Yuno as my Main Character to RP and doing all the different Dress spheres in X-2 and some original dress spheres. Bweeheehee.

for a bit of a sidenote: When I post pictures of the staff, the scarf on it was his Mother's. ^^ (It's a scarf my grandma gave me, but We can pretend it's Yuno's mom's.)

Wow....Long postage. Lol Hmmm, There's A LOT we could do with this...I was thinking abotu making some sort of Side Carrier for Yuno's Summoner outfit. BAsically like Yuna's pouch on the belt in X-2.

If you guys have ANY ideas at all, feel free to post em. ^^ BUt please, no going "Your Design for Yuno sucks!" to other people. Constuctive critisism(*Can't spell*) Is all well and dandy, but BEing mean is just...Mean! XD

GothicGecko
04-16-2004, 10:33 PM
I Attempted pictures of the Staff, but It was too dark outside. ;_; Oh! I did mke this cool deaded thigny to kinda replace Yuna's Earing thing. AND I found a pretty Sun Hanging Earing that I'm adding to the Costume.

The beaded trhing is suppose to look like Seashells and stuff like that since Yuno lives on Besaid.Hehe. ^^ I'll put up some Low Quality Webcamera taken pictures tonight. Heh.

NoLable721
04-17-2004, 02:12 AM
hahaa maybe this will help send you some motavation...

http://h-b.cside.to/gallery/x2/yamome-dan.gif

XD ^_^

If you do finish your outfit, please take tons of pictures!! That'll be hella awesome!!

Karisu-sama
04-17-2004, 02:36 AM
Noy everyone wants to be a crossplayer, and there are plenty of "femme" versions of male characters around (femme Vash in a mini-length coat, anyone? ^^). I think masculine versions (alternate universe? :p ) of female characters would be great turnabout.

IMO: it's a cool & smashing idea. :) Gunner Yuno! XD That could be so sexah, if done carefully..... ^^

Ali
04-17-2004, 02:45 AM

XD ^_^

If you do finish your outfit, please take tons of pictures!! That'll be hella awesome!!

hahahahahahahahha! Dying. That's too funny. And really well done, too... it's kinda scary... ^_^

GothicGecko
04-17-2004, 02:50 PM

XD ^_^

XD!

That's Hillarious! I fell out of my chair laughing!

Kaesha
04-17-2004, 03:12 PM
oh, my good lord.. that picture is hilarious!

cactusmomma
04-17-2004, 03:58 PM
o.o *drops her fork*

DUDE XD I just almost choked on my lunch XDDDDDDD

Karisu-sama
04-17-2004, 05:43 PM
Forgot to give it a white hood though. (notice: Not pink. >_> There is a difference between crossplaying and having a male variation of a female character. ^_^)
I fail to see how "pink" = "crossplay". Even my husband has a couple of nice masculine-style pink dress shirts. Call him a crossplayer and he'll deck ya. :p :p

Pink = "girl color only" is a relatively recent idea heavily promoted by greeting card companies and baby-junk manufacturers, not a thinking prevalent in all global societies. (Pink robes for men are not at all weird to the Chinese, for example.)

In fact, up until the 1920s or so, at least in the English-speaking world, pink was considered a boys' colour. (Apparently the thinking was pink= a diminutive form of red, red= a masculine colour, therefore pink= a colour for young male persons.)

Fuyuko
04-17-2004, 06:31 PM
OMG!!! That picture so funny ^-^. I think making a Yuno costume is a good idea.

Anele
04-17-2004, 06:31 PM
Why does this remind me of Man-Faye...? XD "I like to move it, move it"

NoLable721
04-17-2004, 07:01 PM

Anime Expo 03...

Selphie (Friend): FUJIN!! DON'T TURN AROUND!!!
Fujin (me): Huh? wha? *turns around* AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!! I'M BLIND!!!

Lol...oh the memeories..

Karisu-sama
04-19-2004, 12:23 AM
Except Man-Faye (Ewwwwww... >.<) wasn't doing a "male version" of Faye Valentine, he was wearing (very badly wearing) a woman's-style version of the costume.

Gaara_kun
04-19-2004, 01:03 AM
Oh gosh!! That Man-Faye was sick... I'm sorry you guys saw that too. Oh well... I got a few laughs, my friend said that you shouldn't tell people not to look since they will look most of the time. So, I did that to a few of them.... but that wasn't too nice of me... Was anyone else besides my friends traumatized by that?

Kira_Yamato
04-19-2004, 01:27 AM
For god's sake, people, "Man Faye" was a joke! He did it on a bet, the first time! After that, he became so famous that he kinda had to do it again. It's not like he was trying to be a serious crossplayer.

Karisu-sama
04-19-2004, 01:32 AM
The point of this thread isn't even crossplaying at all - it's about SERIOUS designs for normal-and-cool-looking masculine-version costumes that are based on the costumes of characters that are originally female.

The same kind of thing girls do when they make Vashette, busty Enishi, etc. costumes. Those are not crossplay either; they're rather an Alternate Universe concept.

So let's drop Man-Faye (as he deserves) and stick to the original topic, eh?

KuroBara
04-19-2004, 02:47 AM
Cool, my boyfriend actually brought up a similar idea. He designed male versions of the 'Sorcerer Hunter' girls. He really likes the characters, but isn't into crossplaying.

I like a lot of the Final Fantasy designs, it seems like they could translate easily to different genders. Good luck with your costume! I hope no one at a con gives you a hard time about it. The girls have been doing this for a long time ("Vashette", "Spikette") I think it's time the boys have a turn.

GothicGecko
04-19-2004, 11:54 PM
*blinkblink* Manfaye sounds scaey....*is glad he didn't see it* lol

Craft glue is Evil. ;_; I have to remake the ball on the end of the Staff! It Fell off and my dogs got a hold of it. *sigh* and I also have to find our Digital omera considering my Flouresent light broke and I don't have any other bright lighting source for my Webcam since it's such a Craptacular one. x_X The Cosplaying gods are against me I tell you! IT'S A CONSPIRACY!....*cough* Yeah...^_^;; I had too much sugar today.

GothicGecko
04-20-2004, 01:39 AM
Does anybody know where I can Get a good Yuna Styled wig? Cause Whenever I attempt to Style wigs I just ruin them. ^_^;;

GothicGecko
04-24-2004, 04:30 AM
My Parents Finally Took me to Walmart to get another Styroball. *sigh* Papermache mess time. Yay. *sigh* Ebil dogs and breaking the first Ball...I found my Digi Camera too! Nwo I can take pictures once I finish it. ^^

Songstress_Yuna
04-26-2004, 09:58 PM
Someone just posted a great wig place in the FFX-2 Yuna thread. You should check it out, they come in diff. colors, not just the one in the pic. I think the url is, http://www.drlocks.net but Im not 100% sure.

Songstress_Yuna
04-26-2004, 10:09 PM
PS: the wig is called "Yuna"

Inque
04-29-2004, 09:35 AM
That sounds to cute!!! If I was a guy...Id me male Rikku x.x

Tawni-chan
05-02-2004, 11:57 AM
I just started posting really and I found this thread. It sounds really interesting and I know that it must be fun and difficult coming up with designs and such. 'Yuno' sounds like a very interesting idea and I'd like to see the outcome. I hope you get the pictures up soon ^ ^

GothicGecko
05-05-2004, 05:16 PM
Yay Me! I'm Getting my Ear Pierced a Second time Tomorrow! More Accesory Possibilities! XD

I've got the Theif Dress Sphere Design in my Head, but I'm WAY too flabby for Fishnet Shirts right now...lol *Pokes his belly* Look at it go! XD

I'm still trying to decide on Just what I want to do for The Summoner OUtfit. I was thinking about doing a type of Half Kimono that Ties up at the Waist with something ismilar to Yuna's Obi and The sorta flares down to about The top of the thighs. And then Just Wear Leggings underneath. But I was also thinking about doing a Sorta Braska Inspiried Robe thing...*sighs* Complicated mind I has. *nods*

I have to find the Styroball I bought a while ago. My Dogs ruined the Stasff, YET AGAIN. Everytime I remake it it gets better though...

But yeah, I hope I can get this finished soon. I really Wanna Find a Con to wear it too. But there's Slim to none around my Town. -_-;

Seig Warheit
05-05-2004, 06:42 PM
I would so do a man Paine or Rikku, It'd probably be Paine, because I look more like Paine than Rikku... Paine looks enough like a guy as it is, right? I could just modify my Squall costume, actually....

GothicGecko
05-15-2004, 11:54 PM
A Male Paine would be Really Sexy. Broody. Gothic. *melts into His Chair* Ah. Lol I'm a dork. Hahaha

My Parents hid away my Styroball somewhere and 'm gonna see If I can find it tomorrow and do the staff over again. ^_^ And If anyone's interested in hearing how I did the Staff Just PM me or Ask here and I'll be happy to explain. I also FINALLY made up my mind on the summoner's outfit.

It's gonna be a type of Half Kimono thinger like Mako Tsunami has in Yu-gi-oh Battle City. *nods* Then It'll have Leggings on Underneath the half Kimonoish thing. And The Wig obviously. I still need to find one or get one Commisioned. *sigh* I'm a Procrastinator of the worst kind. Lol

But yeah...That's about all I have for Updates right now. I'm gonna Definately take pictures of the staff tomorrow even If I don't get it finished. But yeah...I'm gonna go see Troy tomorrow. I GET TO SEE BRAD PITT'S BUM! XD Don't mind the Fanboyness. Lol

BountyBebopLuva
05-29-2004, 10:21 PM
OMG! That costume idea would be so cute! I'm always looking at male costumes to see if I can make them femme-ish. I can't wait to see what you finally decide to do with the costume.

Songstress_Yuna
05-30-2004, 12:01 AM
Haha I found a Pimp Cane today, it's a stick in the perfect formation. so funny I was walking around Port Credit and I got on the bus and the bus driver was trying to figure out what I had. Anyhowwww that just came to mind because someone on the "Orignal Dress Sphere" Thread designed a pimp paine. Lol (Don't mind me!)

GothicGecko
07-31-2004, 12:17 AM
After a Couple Months....I Am Half way done. I've Been Extremely Busy with other things. ;_; But i Managed to get the weapons (And Mic) For The Costumes finished. And I've finished the kimonoish thing I'm doing. And I just need to Do Leggings now. Does anyone have any Tips on doing Leggings? Material wise?

GothicGecko
07-31-2004, 12:47 AM
One I've been considering for a while is Crossplaying Lenne. Lol

Shinobu
07-31-2004, 01:19 AM
If there wherent enough Yunas in the world....

I suggest naming your creation "Yuno"

MemoriesofYuna
07-31-2004, 01:27 AM
i happen to think that would be hysterical. i am a yuna fanatic/cosplayer and looking at this if a girl who weighs 350, an asian, an african american, a caucasian, and a girl in a wheel chair can wear the costume THEN WHY NOT A MAN?!?!?!?! WE HOLD NO DESCRIMINATION HERE! i would just LOVE to see a picture of that. how about YuNICK or YuNED or YuNATE i would personally LOVE to make that costume oh god are you gonna wear the spandex? I LOVE THE SPANDEX! -Aseret Yuna

MemoriesofYuna
07-31-2004, 01:30 AM
this idea rocks

GothicGecko
07-31-2004, 02:15 AM
Lmao. I For the Theif Costuem I have planned, there will be Spandex! XD

MemoriesofYuna
07-31-2004, 02:31 AM
WHOOT TO THE SPANDEX! this will bring me SO much joy oh my god you don't even know! i will do anything and everything in my power to help and enforce this. -Aseret yuna

GothicGecko
07-31-2004, 02:33 AM
Question for Yuna Cosplayers!!!

Have any of you Ever done Singing at a Con or Onstage anywhere? (While in costume obviously. XD) Cause I Was Thinking about Doing the Song Kimi He from Yuna - Vocal Collection from FFX-2. And 1000 Words dressed as Barde (Male Songstress) Yuno.

MemoriesofYuna
07-31-2004, 02:35 AM
hum i haevnt yet seeing as this is my FIRST CONVENTION EVER OH YHEA UH HU! but i will be entering Oatkon Idol. that would be soooo funny coming form a guy oh my god im gonna spazz about that for at least 3 more days. -Aseret Yuna

GothicGecko
07-31-2004, 02:37 AM
Lmao! Nice to know I can Make Women All Twitterpated!

MemoriesofYuna
07-31-2004, 02:40 AM
no im serious i have to tell someone about this oh my god. im sorry i just find crossplay rediculously funny. I encourage it and all but i find it just hysterical when it's the guys going the crossplaying. i think me and my boyfriend will be going as Yuna and Tidus one year. i always liked those Blitzball pants! XD -Aseret YUNA

GothicGecko
07-31-2004, 02:41 AM
XD! This isn't quite Crossplay though. *nodnod* IT's A Maleized Yuna. But yeah. Close to Crossplay. Lol

MemoriesofYuna
07-31-2004, 02:43 AM
lol. are ya like gonna go all the way and attempt to make yourself look like a femal and all? like not make it obvious that your a guy as a joke? it would bring me so much joy to see someone go arround in a yuna costume with like a ghotee. but styled their hair to look like hers. -Aseret Yuna

GothicGecko
07-31-2004, 02:46 AM
Lol! I may go Do that with another Costume sometime. It's be Fun to Run around in the Songstress Yuna one with a goatee. XD! BUt Yeah...This one's Totally meant to be Male.

MemoriesofYuna
07-31-2004, 02:48 AM
ha ya gotta maleize it toally like make the shorts really long and baggey. and make the shirt a hoodie or tee shirt with a hood or something. i would love to see that cause im gonna be a chick version of tidus one day.... wow i have great goals in life don't i? -Aseret

GothicGecko
07-31-2004, 02:52 AM
Lmao. Yup. Just like me Goal of being a Male Version of The Halle Berry Catwoman.

MemoriesofYuna
07-31-2004, 02:56 AM
Lmao. Yup. Just like me Goal of being a Male Version of The Halle Berry Catwoman.

i had a goal of BEING halle berry about a year back... it backfired disgustingly after i cut all my hair off and got sunburn after an attempt to get a tan and realized i needed to drop 50 pounds. -Aseret yuna not halle yuna

GothicGecko
07-31-2004, 03:37 AM
Anyone know where I Could get Fishnet stockings and a Fishnet Shirt? THere's No Hot Topic in tow. :( Our town is stuck in the 50's -.- WHY COULDN'T IT BE THE 60'S MAN!? Lol

MemoriesofYuna
07-31-2004, 03:38 AM
Anyone know where I Could get Fishnet stockings and a Fishnet Shirt? THere's No Hot Topic in tow. :( Our town is stuck in the 50's -.- WHY COULDN'T IT BE THE 60'S MAN!? Lol

i feel so bad for you then... then order them off hottopic.com silly! lol i was right! there is no red undies in the scean you liar! -Aseret yuna

GothicGecko
07-31-2004, 03:39 AM
There are too! Lol I've seen them!

MemoriesofYuna
07-31-2004, 03:40 AM
send me an image and i will believe it! i just watched that scene about 13 times there are no red undies! -Aseret Yuna

TidusIsMine
08-04-2004, 03:17 PM
Wow! As a fellow Yuna fan I'd like to say good for you for finally bringing a male Yuna into the wonderful world of cosplay! I mean, it's about time! I can't wait to see how Yuno finally turns out! ^.^

xXBlack_MageXx
08-05-2004, 07:54 PM
Oh, that's a great idea! And then you can make 'em for some male characters in the game. I've already written a story about Clasko in the songstress dress sphere (it's a Brother/Clasko fic. I lvoe rare pairs!). Anywho, I think it'd be cool and you should go for it! If not for the game characters, for males in general.

GothicGecko
08-07-2004, 04:53 AM
LEggings are evil. -_- Anyone have a Tutorial? or Coudl give me step by step instructions?

marsie
08-07-2004, 07:46 AM
Um leggings are fairly easy to get at any women's department. Tights work just as well. It depends on what kind of color and fabric you are looking for.

I don't suggest trying to make your own, unless you are a fairly skilled at sewing. The material is rather hard to work with.

IMHO try going to walmart and look in the hosiery section, you are young enough that you should be able to still wear the little girls. (12-14) If I can still wear them you can.

You might also try the exercise section. Tight leggings can be found there, as well

I would try to keep with the orginal look of Yuna as much as possible. Otherwise not many will recognise you.

Necklace suggestion:
Keep with orginal design, make it a little chunky sorta bling bling thing going on.

Earring: Keep it. Make it longer or attach it to your hair like a hair wrap. Guys wear earrings.

Obi/sash: there is nothing wrong with the design on that. just make it a sash.

Gunner Yuna/o:
You can make a similar shirt and since you say you have flab, there is a little thing called flesh colored fabric. It is your friend. I used it for my gunner yuna since I didn't think anyone wanted my Boob's flying out. The pics are in my gallery. I would just take off the lace at the bottom.

Hood: Keep it pink but make it as dark pink(red if you are that against pink) as you can make it. Any other color would lose the whole point of making it.

Hot Pants: For all that is holy, DO NOT make these. I hated wearing them. try thinking something a little less revealing. Since you are younger you don't want to attract the wrong kind of attention(ie creepy old men. *shudders at experience I had in my gunner yuna*). I liked the version that someone had back a couple pages. With gradiant dye shorts of two different length's (a nod to Tidas' FFX outfit). If you need help with dying feel free to e-mail/aim me. I have too much experience in doing this.

Knee boots are hard to find but I suggest looking for your size in women's shoes. Or try Combat boots.

Songstress/Bard: Think FFIX Zidane. The little ruffle he had on his shirt. Don't shy away from the ruffles. They will not take away in this outfit.

Good luck, and I hope you will do Yuna justice. (Word of advice, don't be so defensive about being gay. This is the one place you don't have to justify yourself. No one judges you here.)

There is only one male Lulu crossplayer and his name is Nine. ^_^ http://forums.cosplay.com/costume.php?action=detail&cosid=674 there is his Lulu.

Songstress_Yuna
08-07-2004, 01:21 PM
Omg that guy's Lulu is awesome! Anyhow, I suggest you just go buy them too. I think it would be a lot easier that way =/

Kateko
08-07-2004, 02:07 PM
send me an image and i will believe it! i just watched that scene about 13 times there are no red undies! -Aseret Yuna

...what scene? Where? o.o;; did I miss a post?

Anyway, I think this is an awesome idea. It's inspired me to feminize one of my bishounen someday. *pulls out list* Oh the possibilities! ...anyway, yeah, try to keep it close to the original design so people still recognize you. And if you didn't notice the posts (cuz you asked again after it was posted!) the 'Yuna' wig at http://www.drlocks.net will make a great Yuna wig. :thumbsup: Teehee! Anyway, get some pictures up! NOW! :P