PDA

View Full Version : Elegant Gothic Lolita tea party?

duck
04-11-2004, 08:39 PM
Jess the Kitty and I discussed this a little in the "what are you wearing?" thread, but perhaps it may not be a bad idea to set a time and arrange it a little.

Perhaps this way, maybe some of you might be convinced to toss on those EGA/EGL or similarly themed outfits for an hour or two!=) I know that a lot of us have them! (maybe it is just my selfish desire to have an invasion of the lace ruffles...of DOOM)

I figure we don't have to overdo it, but I don't think we need all that much more than a nice blanket and a tea set(I believe someone mentioned being able to bring one...I will have to look again and check!) and whatever other things you think necessary.

Anyway, how does 1:00pm sound?

Clueless Case
04-11-2004, 09:59 PM
Count me in...I am doing a Egl cosplay set wiht my little sis (10) who is like truly lolita. I can check if we have a tea set or not.

Jess the Kitty
04-12-2004, 05:01 PM
That sounds great.

(I'm really shy, so I'm glad that you're into this too, Duck. :thumbsup: )

I can probably find a blanket or two to bring.
And some stuffed animals, aha.

I also have oodles of tea, but I don't know how I'd actually get hot water. hee. ^^;

(maybe I should get a 12 pack of Brisk ice tea so we can pretend? or maybe even make sun tea! oh dear. XD)

duck
04-14-2004, 06:54 PM
Yay! I'm really looking forward to this. =)

I can manage to get water to a boil in my rice cooker.=)

You all rock.

I can bring a blanket to sit on(well...not a terribly lolitaesque one, but...it'll do...) and I'll try to obtain some "cute" looking foods.=) I've been making little treat bags for my friends lately, so maybe I'll make some small ones for people who're dressed lolita-esque at the tea party...well, I guess it's more like a tea picnic.=)

Still waiting for confirmation on a tea set...do you have one, Clueless Case? If you did, it would be totally awesome!

Cosplaygal29
04-14-2004, 11:30 PM
I am interested in doing an EGL thing as well. Is that still on for this Saturday? I would love to join you guys! ^_^

Daitenshi
04-15-2004, 12:52 PM
I don't think I'll be bringing a costume, so EGL it is~! I have an original Valentine lolita, so don't mind me for being a bit bright and red. =P

duck
04-15-2004, 01:07 PM
Yay! Brightness!=)

Yep, Saturday at 1:00 is the vaguely planned time. I figure that we'll all sorta find each other(It can't be that hard...look for the floofy things!).

My original idea was to do a little bo peep esque outfit, complete with sheep. I've now gone into "forgetitidon'tcare" mode and am sticking with the traditional black.

xfallenangelx
04-15-2004, 07:37 PM
*cries* My EGL won't be done until AX T.T I have black frily clothes that I wore to school and everyone thought I was EGL. but is not EGL sadly enough.. its not frilly enough... but alas.. I hope there'll be another EGL tea party @ AX04.
~Anji

Cosplaygal29
04-15-2004, 09:25 PM
Cool. Then I'll wear my pink Kana Lolita dress. So then is it confirmed? Are all the EGL-ers meeting at 1:00pm at the park?

Clueless Case
04-15-2004, 09:55 PM
i Cant find the tea set...gomen...i think my sis broke it...im sorry..I ahve a dilemma what egl should i bring...fluffy pink and red or baisc balck

Eurobeat King
04-15-2004, 11:59 PM
I would like to take a picture with all the EGL's & J-rock costumes if there's a gathering, so we could do a picture I do sometimes at cons that involve a large group of J-rock cosplayers: Eurobeat & J-rock unite together!! :rockon: That'll be fun! ;)

NoLable721
04-16-2004, 01:20 AM
Damn!! I wish i could join you guys *looks at her unfinished Hora costuem* awwww

Cosplaygal29
04-16-2004, 01:24 AM
Cool then! I'll see you guys at the picnic. I'll bring my "special friend" who will be in her EGL finest as well. ^_^

Claire
04-16-2004, 12:05 PM
I think, since it looks like I'll be able to go afterall, I wouldn't mind throwing together an EGA outfit (I'm not a convincing loli =_=).

Oi, Cosplaygal, if your special friend is who I think she is, I should bring mine too. ^___^

Cosplaygal29
04-16-2004, 12:34 PM
Heya Claire! If you need help putting together an outfit together, let me help you!!! ^_^

Please bring your "special friend" too! Heeeeeeeeeeeee!!! :bigtu:

duck
04-16-2004, 01:45 PM
Yay! Well, I think we should all be able to find each other pretty easily. I'll try to be there by 12.

Hmmm...well, I'll try to hunt down a tea set...but if I can't find one, at least we have a gathering and Eurobeat King can take some pictures of the swarm of lolitas of DOOM.

Hehe...when Lolitas attack...

Clueless Case
04-16-2004, 05:46 PM
I don't know what EGL to wear to the party...frilly super girly red and pink or a more gothic black and blue one.....AHH!!!

duck
04-16-2004, 06:55 PM
Be pink and girly!

It'd be fun to set up some sweetlolita v.s gothic lolita pictures.=)

Clueless Case
04-16-2004, 07:42 PM
I've decidedi'll bring both but pink for party for shur

Daitenshi
04-16-2004, 11:47 PM
Mistress Mel and I will be pink and white and red and ooze that Sweet lolita goodness! =D

Claire
04-17-2004, 01:02 AM
I shall be all black and white and held together with SAFETY PINS, woo hoo!

laserkei
04-17-2004, 11:37 PM
I shall be all black and white and held together with SAFETY PINS, woo hoo!

That was you?!?!?! 0_0 I dont know if you remember me i was the EGL dude there
^ ^;; With the cool tie.

Jess the Kitty
04-18-2004, 12:57 AM
O_O THAT WAS FUN. *squeal*

You guys were so nice and I didn't feel so retarded for being gigantic and frilly~ :heart:

Lets do it again, ne?
I promise my loliness'll be a lot better. xD

NoLable721
04-18-2004, 01:04 AM
I wish I coulda taken more pictures of EGL people :lost: but nooo...ran outta film. My friend went insane though when she saw the girl who had the Mana Shop Unbriella...that was hella cool actually...

I think I'll be joinning you guys next year, if there is a next year, for some kinda ELG cosplay. I'm planning out a Hora cosplay (From Schwarz Stein) :rockon:

Jess the Kitty
04-18-2004, 01:09 AM
There will definitely be more loliness next year. *pokepokepokesduck*

There's also an AX 04 loli gathering but I didn't organize that so I'm not sure about the details.

Hopefully the next picnic will have less rain and more tea.

duck
04-18-2004, 03:47 AM
You all ROCK.

Yes, definitely next year!

And NEXT year, I will remember to bring my DRESS.

Lazerkei's tie rocked,

Hell, you all rocked.

Cosplaygal29
04-18-2004, 01:46 PM
I had fun! It was great meeting you all!

Clueless Case
04-18-2004, 07:30 PM
It was raining so hard when i was driving plus the terrible traffic i missed the exit so i cam really late....-pouts-

Jess the Kitty
04-19-2004, 11:32 AM
You all ROCK.

Yes, definitely next year!

And NEXT year, I will remember to bring my DRESS.

Lazerkei's tie rocked,

Hell, you all rocked.

AND YOU ROCKED TOO.
and so did the sheep. :bigtu:

Reaver
04-19-2004, 03:14 PM
I wish I had a camera with me on Saturday! I wanted some EGL pix too! Now I just have to wait til they come up on the site! grrrrrrrrr! X3

Morgen_Stern
04-19-2004, 03:51 PM
Why wait until next year to get together again??? If there's going to be a GL meet-up at AX, I *might* end up tempted into going, if I can find the details on it, but I want to be able to get together with the rest of you Lolipops other times too! I have been thinking that there should be some sort of on-line community for Lolis in the Southern California area so that we can share info and plan outings and the like, but what do you guys think would be the best method of doing that? A Live Journal? A Yahoo!Group? Other? I would personally definately like to stay in touch, so please give me your input and let me know if you'd like to help set something like that up! ^-^ Hope to see you guys again soon!

Cosplaygal29
04-19-2004, 05:31 PM
I wish I had a camera with me on Saturday! I wanted some EGL pix too! Now I just have to wait til they come up on the site! grrrrrrrrr! X3

That happened to me too. :waaaah: I forgot my camera too and gotta wait until everyone else post piccies too! =/

Reaver
04-19-2004, 07:01 PM
yeah, bu it loox like pictures are coming up on the site pretty quick, so no worries here! XD

Jess the Kitty
04-19-2004, 07:47 PM
Why wait until next year to get together again??? If there's going to be a GL meet-up at AX, I *might* end up tempted into going, if I can find the details on it, but I want to be able to get together with the rest of you Lolipops other times too! I have been thinking that there should be some sort of on-line community for Lolis in the Southern California area so that we can share info and plan outings and the like, but what do you guys think would be the best method of doing that? A Live Journal? A Yahoo!Group? Other? I would personally definately like to stay in touch, so please give me your input and let me know if you'd like to help set something like that up! ^-^ Hope to see you guys again soon!

Maybe I should start up a website and see who joins?

EGL West Coast Clubbu or something? with a BBS?

Or a livejournal'd be good, too.

Morgen_Stern
04-19-2004, 08:12 PM
Maybe I should start up a website and see who joins?

EGL West Coast Clubbu or something? with a BBS?

Or a livejournal'd be good, too.

A website would be awesome. I always meant to make one, but I have so little time to maintain a page and not enough spare money to buy any sort of domain name, so I never have... I started designing graphics for it once, with plans to have two versions of the same basic site, one themed in black and blue for Gothic Lolitas that you reached through clicking on a picture of Mana dressed as a black angel, and one themed white and pink for Sweet Lolitas that would be reached by clicking on Aya in his white angle costume... The over all theme was going to be Angels as I'm based out of Los Angeles myself... If you wanted to take on a website though, I'd be more than happy to give in-put and help out with event and program planning, etc. And some of my other friends who didn't attend the picnic would too. Just let me know! ^_^

duck
04-19-2004, 10:33 PM
Oh, I meant next year's picnic! But I definitely want to hang out sooner than that.

I would LOVE to get together again, and pick Morgen's brain for all the good shopping places.=) Although, I'm a thrift shopper myself...it would have fun to have a "reconstruction/alteration sewing day".

A LJ community would be the best bet, I think, since I think a lot of us already use it.

Websites tend to fall by the wayside and get forgetten about, but if any one of you want to make a website related to this cause, I have webspace that I can host on with subdomains (like gothypoo.oddhatter.net ...I wish I could use sheepofdoom.com as a subdomain...but alas...)

Jess the Kitty
04-20-2004, 01:04 AM
Oh, I meant next year's picnic! But I definitely want to hang out sooner than that.

I would LOVE to get together again, and pick Morgen's brain for all the good shopping places.=) Although, I'm a thrift shopper myself...it would have fun to have a "reconstruction/alteration sewing day".

A LJ community would be the best bet, I think, since I think a lot of us already use it.

Websites tend to fall by the wayside and get forgetten about, but if any one of you want to make a website related to this cause, I have webspace that I can host on with subdomains (like gothypoo.oddhatter.net ...I wish I could use sheepofdoom.com as a subdomain...but alas...)

I'll create both. :D But a livejournal is good for now. I hope you don't mind me being all .. create-y.

My domain is kitty-ears.net, I've got a gig of space and tons of bandwidth so it's no problem.

What I'm wondering is what we'll call ourselves? And the LJ name?

Morgen_Stern
04-20-2004, 01:18 AM
I'll create both. :D But a livejournal is good for now. I hope you don't mind me being all .. create-y.

My domain is kitty-ears.net, I've got a gig of space and tons of bandwidth so it's no problem.

What I'm wondering is what we'll call ourselves? And the LJ name?

That is a concern, hm... We definately have to make sure it caters to both Sweet and Gothic lolis, but I think we should try to be more creative than just "So Cal Lolis" or something like that... But I am very glad people are interested in getting something started! Ever since I got into this segment of the Gothic style I've been dreaming of shopping trips, sewing circles and tea parties. ^_^ Thank you so much for being so create-y, Jess! <3

Cosplaygal29
04-20-2004, 02:56 AM
BTW, If anyone wanted to keep in touch with me feel free to add me to your friends list on the LJ. My screen name is "Mayuka13." =)

I hope I can keep in touch with you all! I had so much fun meeting and talking to you guys!

Daitenshi
04-21-2004, 11:11 PM
We definately have to make sure it caters to both Sweet and Gothic lolis, but I think we should try to be more creative than just "So Cal Lolis" or something like that... [/COLOR]

"LA Lolis"
"Sunshine state lolis"

^^; ?

laserkei
04-22-2004, 01:10 AM
"LA Lolis"
"Sunshine state lolis"

^^; ?

Nice names :bigtu:

Jess the Kitty
04-22-2004, 01:51 AM
Petticoats and Top Hats: West Coast Lolita and Aristocrat Association! XD ::Dies and falls over::

I'm having a very unimaginative night.

laserkei
04-22-2004, 01:53 AM
Petticoats and Top Hats: West Coast Lolita and Aristocrat Association! XD ::Dies and falls over::

I'm having a very unimaginative night.

Hey at least your trying, I'm just drawing up blanks XD!

Reaver
04-22-2004, 08:38 AM
well, I hope to see some of the EGLs at AX04 this year, I'm tryign to get mine done right now!! XD

Jess the Kitty
04-22-2004, 12:59 PM
Hey at least your trying, I'm just drawing up blanks XD!

I just don't want to choose a name that leaves out the boys. *nudge* :thumbsup:

I realized Petticoats And Top Hats spells PATH and we sound like some sort of.. religious group. o_O

Reaver
04-22-2004, 03:01 PM
Ah! I just started my EGL today in sewing! XD Its gonna be like a short skirtted kimono! I love it! (origional design! XD)

duck
04-22-2004, 06:33 PM
"The Floofy People of DOOM."

laserkei
04-23-2004, 02:45 AM
I just don't want to choose a name that leaves out the boys. *nudge* :thumbsup:

I realized Petticoats And Top Hats spells PATH and we sound like some sort of.. religious group. o_O

Hehe. Lolita boys need a place too XD!!!

Reaver
04-23-2004, 08:24 AM
Man , I just estimated how long it'll take to make my EGL (since its all handsewn), like, a month working every day at least. Probably closer to three! I'd better get it done by AX04 though! :lost:

Jess the Kitty
04-23-2004, 12:47 PM
"The Floofy People of DOOM."

XD!! That's great.
Also, sorry I kind of HIJACKED your sheep. It was controlling my brain, I just couldn't let it go.

Hehe. Lolita boys need a place too XD!!!
Yes they do! :bigtu: It's always nice to see guys doing EGA/EGL-type fashion.

imocole
04-28-2004, 06:07 PM
heehee i m so jealous of u guys...tea party!!*cried*
i dun see anyone like EGl in seattle : (
u guys are cool,wheewww XDDD !!

Reaver
04-28-2004, 06:23 PM
Awwww, that sux!

Morgen_Stern
04-30-2004, 03:16 PM
PATH might sound kind of religious, but it also reminds me of the Kera article features called "Grand Glass" because it was always followed by the phrase "Lolita Path or Pass for Lolita?" I always liked the title "Grand Glass" though, I was going to steal it for my original website design idea that I told you about before, as it would sort of have an inverted mirror image feel...

Inque
06-06-2004, 10:23 AM
My sister and I want to go to ^_^, We are goign to sketch out our designs and start working on them today!!

EGL Is so pretty! I have never made a costume like it though...I just hope it omes out nice.