PDA

View Full Version : Help for my Chii costume (pink and black one)

bara no chi
04-11-2004, 09:43 PM
EDIT: (that work now? *sigh*) http://www.villagephotos.com/viewpubimage.asp?id_=8491806

I'm making THIS costume of Chii's ^____^ Do you think it's nice? hehe

Um...do you know how I would make that back piece..the kind of fall/trial/long ruffly thing..?? o_O;

AND do you know if there are any of pictures of her in this costume? Thanks!

~Kisu

Yuuki
04-11-2004, 11:40 PM
your link doesn't work :lost:

bara no chi
04-11-2004, 11:58 PM
now does it? ; ;

felicity869
04-12-2004, 04:52 PM
Your link works now :) My only suggesting for the back of it would be to try to make some sort of train (like what wedding dresses have) with LOTS of ruffles. *shrugs* I actually really like this outfit of her's but decided not to cosplay as it because i couldn't figure out how i'd go about making it. Good luck.

senshi_meiousei
04-12-2004, 05:36 PM
Your link works now :) My only suggesting for the back of it would be to try to make some sort of train (like what wedding dresses have) with LOTS of ruffles. *shrugs* I actually really like this outfit of her's but decided not to cosplay as it because i couldn't figure out how i'd go about making it. Good luck.

I agree with the train idea. My Princess Pluto dress that I'm making has a train on it, so here are a few suggestions.

There are two ways of putting on a train: 1. See where the corset top and the skirt meet? Place the train in that seam. Or 2. If you do not want to disrupt the seam, just attach the train to the dress with clear or decorative buttons wherever you wish to attach it.

You're going to have to do a LOT of gathering and sewing of material. Make sure you get a material that is easy to do that with (so not too thin and not too thick). Test it in the store by gathering a bunch of it in your hand and seeing how it looks.

Hope that helps!

bara no chi
04-13-2004, 06:31 PM
Ooo..okay ^^; Thanks.. so lots of ruffles and lots of gathering.. I'll do my best! And of course post pictures after the con =)

~Kisu