PDA

View Full Version : Masquerade

JTARI
04-11-2004, 10:51 PM
Ahahaha, hey everyone!

Just wanted to know if there is anywhere that has or will have the masquerade video posted? Or an Masquerade specific pictures?

*I was in it as the Akane that bitch slapped Ranma....:D*

Just would be interesting to see it now anyways xD

blueNINE
04-12-2004, 03:10 AM
j0.

The next issue of digiElement (http://www.digielement.com) (a new DVD magazine) will have a video of the masquerade, according to a rep whom I spoke with at the con.

You clocked Ranma pretty hard. Quite impressive (read: hilarious).

I was the guitar-playing Shadow.

gothicyaoilover
04-12-2004, 07:08 AM
That was awesome! I didn't notice if you won anything; I had to leave early. But out of what I saw, your guitar playing was my favorite entry in the Masquarade

^-^

yukitoLeonheart
04-12-2004, 08:35 AM
BC rocks, seriously, you were the highlight of Otakon, and I knew it was you, it was obvious, you have the same style! For Otakon, you should get FF cosplayers to walk across stage from FFVI (3) and rock out to the last final boss theme or something. I have to say, once again, amazing job.

Miscellaneous
04-12-2004, 09:11 AM
Heh yeah your shadow was great, as was the guitar playing, i wanted to see interceptor though! you need like a lil plush doberman doggie on one of those invisible dog leashes (so he doesn't get dirty and kinda floats!)

I didn't know what the hell to do for the masquerade, so i just kinda swung my sword like i was fighting or something, but i prob need a sephy for a good battle sequence. :rolleyes:

Jubie-Chan
04-12-2004, 09:58 AM
oh wow thats great. I'lll have to go out and buy that. I was Chang Wufei in the GW Endless Waltz skit. (which was done 2 hours before) I wish I could've seen the ranma/akane thing but we were 66 ;_; putting us in the back.
I loved the La Reistance, Badger, Leather Vash, and the Can Can dancers.

Vitamin T
04-12-2004, 10:19 AM
I was impressed with a lot of the costumes (even though I am not familiar with most of the anime they are from).
I got a lot of compliments on my Alucard (from "Hellsing") costume. I just wished I had more confidence in my cosplaying to enter the masquerade.
I met up with some folks who will be cosplaying Seras Victoria and Anderson(g) next year, so I will definitely enter with them then!

Dagger
04-12-2004, 10:52 AM
The Masquerade was so much fun. I was so impressed by all the costumes! I was disappointed though, because my group got recruited at the last minute, and we managed to write a HILARIOUS skit in the time we had, but then, about 2 minutes before we went onstage, we realized we wouldn't be able to act it out due to the music being too loud. 0_o So what we did was rather thrown-together. But it was fun anyway!

(My group was the FFX-2 one with Wakka, Tidus, Yuna, Lulu, Baralai, and Rikku)

Miscellaneous
04-12-2004, 10:56 AM
The Wakka had a really nice wakka-do (ha) or hair or whatever you wanna call it, it was neat, and that tidus had like the coolest armguard i ever seen, it was like made out of metal and chainmail. I remember one of you (or all of you) being angry at something on the balcony but i couldnt tell, but it was all fun fun!

BondagePenguin
04-12-2004, 11:25 AM
ALEX!!!!

I'm still in pain!!!!!

My poor feet....that damn hack.....

Aer
04-12-2004, 11:29 AM
Oi! The masquerade was sooo much fun ^_^
I was the Berserker Rikku

All your costumes were so good! x_x

Kiarrens
04-12-2004, 11:48 AM
Masquerade r0xx0red! ^^ Did anyone else join our congo line up in the right hand balcony when they were playin YMCA? XD I was the Vash leading it so I didn't know who was behind us...

Genki Chan
04-12-2004, 02:24 PM
Yay Vash! <3 You were kick ass. I was also in the Gundam group, but naw, we didn't get any congo line action. Nice job though on all of your awards! ^__^

And Kudos to the RoV group! That chicken dance made my day...

Kiarrens
04-12-2004, 03:34 PM
Yay Vash! <3 You were kick ass. I was also in the Gundam group, but naw, we didn't get any congo line action. Nice job though on all of your awards! ^__^

And Kudos to the RoV group! That chicken dance made my day...

Wrong Vash. I'm sure you were thinking of the one who won all the stuff, I was the one in the skit.

Miscellaneous
04-12-2004, 03:49 PM
Hehe i didn't plan to be in the masquerade until this lady walked up to me and said "please tell me you're in the masquerade" then asked me if i was ever in a masquerade and stuff and eventually swayed me into actually signing up for the thing, even though i was kinda like "ehhhhh..." and i really had no clue was it was until she told me =p It's fun to just go up there in front of everyone and just be the thing that everyone is looking at for a lil while :)
You also get a chance to talk to the other people in costume that you probably wouldn't have before, like i got a chance to talk to the kaiba fellow who got the costume malfunction, haha it was funny how he looked back and forth really fast before he ran off, i even got to play with his duel disk thingy, which was neat.

Oh and who was that slayers girl who had that really nice costume with the green cape and the neat looking ball-things. That advent children cloud wanted a pic of me him and some other cloud but i didn't catch him after the masquerade.

Kurthy133
04-12-2004, 04:30 PM
The masq was fun <3 I was the Miwako from the Parakiss group. Flashing pink bloomers to an entire audience was certainly an experience ^^;

only thing i was sad about - there really should have been more skits! it was walk-on after walk-on ;___;

AlikNyankoChan
04-12-2004, 06:29 PM
Hiyas to the Cloud from KH ^^
I was the Syphiel from Slayers with the teal epaulets and tons of yellow-gold trim and purple velvet. Tons of fun hanging out on the balcony with other cosplayers ^^. I fell asleep for half the cosplay up there, though...my cloak was heavy and I hadn't slept all that much for the last two nights ^^;;

I was happy that my judging for the karaoke competion paid off so much and the Suuichi(sp?) from Gravitation got to perform in front of a much larger crowd...she totally rocked my socks off. Absolutely stunning ^^

Also, I remember chatting with the guy who was the wooden thingy from Tenchi Muyo....also the Lina from Slayers...and Suuichi(Sp?) after her performance...and probably others that I'm forgetting and I'm sorry >.<.
I was totally terrified to go up on stage...when I had to go up on stage the second time to collect my award, I couldn't stop shaking...I thought I was going to faint ^^;;.
The RoV costumes were really perfect...and so were a bunch of others...man, this was fun, it was my first masquerade(and one of my first costumes) and I even won an award for all my sewing and perfectionist accuracy efforts. I'll have to try to do more of this(despite the extreme fear ^^;;).

~Alik

P.S. And hi to the robo-things which I was beind for half the cosplay, and the Inuyasha cosplayer I was behind, and all the really really attractive and well done FF cosplays.

Saki_B
04-12-2004, 06:43 PM
Aha... I loved that KH Cloud... I was the Paine that screamed "I want your babies" I was so nervous for the Masquerade. That Paine costume was my first costume ever, and to be parading in front of a big bunch fo people was nerve wracking. I have no idea why I chose Paine either. My personality matches Rikku's more, and I'm so self conscious all the time...

They messed up with my group's music. They were supposed to play 'Headstrong' by trapt for the 45 seconds we were to walk on and pose on the stage, and then stop so that our White Mage Rikku could go out and scream "I'm gonna kick you in the spleen!" They did the exact opposite and we ended up going out in utter silence. I was so shocked though when the crowd roared when I went on stage. I felt bad for my friend, who was the Gun Mage Paine who went on first, before me, cause she didn't get so recognized as I did...

Kaede
04-12-2004, 07:00 PM
The masquerade was great, considering I've always skipped them in the past. I was the Tsutomu in the Parakiss group, so yeah! First masq, first group award yay!! <3

Saki_B
04-12-2004, 07:03 PM
That group kicked ass... My friend was totally swooning over your Arashii... It's her favorite character from that group. She was totally panting voer him and I can hardly blame her ^_^

Initial Diesal
04-12-2004, 07:04 PM
The maskurade did have a lot of walk ons, my goodness. I have to give props to the young Kamui kid who went up there by himself and did a WHOLE skit. Reminds me of me when I was at my first con. *tear*

Saki_B
04-12-2004, 07:33 PM
That kid was so cute though. He made his costume mainly by himself and it took him a year. He was so nervous at the masquerade... He said he thought he did badly at the masq... what did he win anyways?

Ali
04-12-2004, 07:52 PM
Kamui won Best Youth Presentation. ^^

there were a lot of skits I really enjoyed... and I'm a huge supporter of walkons, so... good Masq.

I'm still totally blown away with the reaction to our RoV group (Lady Oscar=me). Considering how tremendously old school it is and what tremendous liberties we took with the costumes, it was cool to even get recognized (someone apparently even realized we were Takarazuka influenced... which rocks), let alone get the response from the crowd. (To everyone who clapped along: THANK YOU! You made our night.)

I personally loved the FF cosplayers (got to talk to members of Kairi G's group... you were all insanely nice.), Alik's costume (behold the power and insanity of velvet... I can sympathize), the Myoubi (*dies*... and she was a total sweetie, too), Queen Chii (also very nice... and a beautiful cosutme!), Lisa's Parakiss group (so glad I got to talk with them a bit... yay for connections... ~_^), the Belldandy (wings=pretty), the Angel Sanctuary cosplayers and Berserker Rikku that I had the pleasure of sitting next to, the little girl (first entry) with energy I totally envy, and, needless to say, Vash (wish I could have asked more questions... le sigh). (Probably a bunch more that I'm just spacing out on, too... dur.)

The judges were incredible, as well, just to mention.

Anyway... you were all great people. Aside from the opportunity to do the chicken dance in front of hundreds of viewers, meeting y'all was my favorite part.

Kurthy133
04-12-2004, 07:59 PM
That group kicked ass... My friend was totally swooning over your Arashii... It's her favorite character from that group. She was totally panting voer him and I can hardly blame her ^_^

XD

i was certainly the happiest girl in the world ^^; when i first met him i had one thought in my head: "wait, you mean i get to be his girlfriend? oh god yay! *_* " and to think we originally had a female Arashi in our group. I think hes certainly one of, if not, the best Arashi. He really looked the part. He was so funny and now we are friends!

Yay for Arashi and Miwako <3

SketchCreations
04-12-2004, 08:40 PM
Genki Chan
Kiarrens,

This is that Vash who won all that stuff. Thanks for the "kickass" comment Genki. And great job to all your gundam group; good skit. And you were not that bad yourself Kiarrens. I liked the costume..and loved the skit. wish i had friends that would have done a skit with me.
-Sketch (aka Vash)

ps...i just made this account and will slowly build up my profile

Maeamian
04-12-2004, 09:04 PM
I was the Ferio. I had the bad luck to have missed Vash's performance, since they were bringing us down during that... *sinff* but I must say, that costume kicked absolute ass. Props to ya man.

shiroi_yukiko
04-12-2004, 09:20 PM
I guess I will pop in too! I was the George in the ParaKiss group. ^^ Ah, poor Arashi, I don't think he believed us when we warned him that he was in for a serious fangirling. Not that he didn't enjoy it... Heh. ^^ It was awesome, because we only forced him into the group a few weeks before the con!

Saki_B
04-12-2004, 09:27 PM
^_^ He was truly hot... HEY! It's Vash-man! My protector man,,, -highly amused- Your skit was hilarious

Miscellaneous
04-12-2004, 09:33 PM
I can't wait to see a video of the robo kys they had such cool costumes and i couldn't see them dance :waaaah: all i heard was the music backstage and i said "dammit!" then the lady mentioned something abot moonwalking.

Oh and which one of you is the nice person who lost their tissues? they were so nice. :dance:

blueNINE
04-12-2004, 09:49 PM
Thanks for the kudos, folks...! I really enjoyed being in the masquerade this year. I'm psyched for Otakon now.

The hack circle was awesome, Bondage Penguin...and I think we're all still in pain from it.

Well done, people. I'm glad that the masquerade (and the convention as a whole, really) ended up being a great time.

sephygoth
04-13-2004, 09:30 AM
I'm sure everyone had a great time, everyone besides the guy who
did the pokemon rap thing. Found him in the $5photo room really
taking it hard >that he lost< Then...one of the judges walked in .
Only thing I could say was that you can't go into somethin like this
expecting to just win, it's for fun man.
Besides what was his get-up? I didn't/couldn't see up there, all I saw
was the hat

Initial Diesal
04-13-2004, 07:55 PM
I can't wait to see a video of the robo kys they had such cool costumes and i couldn't see them dance :waaaah: all i heard was the music backstage and i said "dammit!" then the lady mentioned something abot moonwalking.

Oh and which one of you is the nice person who lost their tissues? they were so nice. :dance:

Hey guy, glad you loved our costumes. Your Costume rocked very much. Yeah what we did was walk on but since the majority of skits were just walk on I stayed for another 30-45 seconds dancing. Yeah my moonwalk kinda sucks but I kinda walked backwards. I hope it looks good because my mask was falling off. That would've been embarressing... If you ever wanna chat my aim is Spike Valentine. The nice one is Carrie and the other was Anna who made the costumes. Victor was the all white Ky.

As for Meowth, yes the rap was nice but unfortunately costume plays a big part in winning and a wife beater and catears isn't much of a costume I'm sorry.

Oh but the DVD that everyone got, I'm on it. I'm doing a performance in my Gundam Seed costume. I have a ghetto blaster and everything, yes I know some of the guys who make that dvd. Definitely support them, they are amazing.

yukitoLeonheart
04-13-2004, 08:25 PM
someday it is my dream to win best representation of an idiot in a costume or the stupidity award. Sadly, I will never win either :'(.

I love the masquerade, it's for fun for me. My costume took me 40 hours total work with everything, but I just love getting on stage and having a blast. To me, a masquerade is just like happiness.

BTW, a lot of people had some amazing costumes who didn't get recognized because they had never explained to judges how much work went into their costume, what they used, etc....

If I could give one award for someone who needs and deserves recognition it would be,

The best first masquearader award, I give to Aer, I think her Beserker Rikku was amazing and she did so well on stage.

Genki Chan
04-13-2004, 09:03 PM
Kiarrens-

That's cool too. ^_^ That was the skit with Emily in it (on the Sax, ne?). Hey, you guys rocked too!

ZoraLink
04-13-2004, 09:15 PM
What exactly IS a masquerade?

sephygoth
04-14-2004, 10:35 AM
I think there should have been a violence award where Akane let
Ranma have it! :reverse: Then again they should have an entire section
consisting of slaps.
3 cheers to the Ky-trio(maybe 4)! Anyone who's not a GGX fan should
hang their head in shame! I was behind the set for the rips-N-stiches
bit, >bwrar!< but was able to help out that one kid with the "dedicated to
mom's B-day" skit(obviously done well, really well for a first time)
Was an honor to sit between mage and berserker Rikku during
pre-seating time!
I don't know what makes a masquerade anymore,
it's all in the boundies of showin off whatever relates to anime/gaming I
guess, and it's all good.

MaidenJenni
04-14-2004, 12:43 PM
Hey ya'll.
I loved everyone!
I didn't get to see the chicken dance because my group was one of the next to go on... Majorly dissappointed. The costumes were just awsome, all of them.
I was in the Other final fantasy group, not kairi G's but the one with Saki B and Chibirinoa.
I was Garnet, and I had the unfortunate privillage of walking out right after Saki B with her kick-ass paine costume, and I got to hear the crowds screaming die down. -sigh-
Oh well.
there were so many people who weren't in the masquerade that had awsome costumes too, great job guys.
The masquerade was the best experience ever, I made so many new friends and everyone was so friendly and nice. And i got a hug from the Badger and Vash/Sketch.
Who could ask for more?

yukitoLeonheart
04-14-2004, 03:39 PM
You guys were all so wonderful, this years masquerade saw some of the most impressive costume work I have seen in a while.

andiebear13
04-14-2004, 04:37 PM
hey hey! i had the priviledge of not being well recognized in either of my costumes. i was in the Rips-n-Stitches group with Saki B, Chibirinoa, and Maiden Jenni.... first out. i was gun mage paine, but no one knew i was paine cuz i couldn't get my hair done for the masquerade. it was wicked funni tho when Saki came on cuz the dull roar from me coming out transformed into like craziness for her and then dulled again when Jenni came on. lol. damn you Saki... primadona! lol.
and also... all that talk of that chick who was swooning over Arashi.... twas me! <3 punks... specially punks with safety pins sticking into their lips, eyebrows, ears, etc. ^_^ i feel so special... having my Arashi obsession discussed at such length. lol. yea, so, a warning to any guys dressing as Arashi... be ready to deal with swarms and swarms of girls!

the masquerade was so kewl! we unfortunately missed the chicken dance cuz we were backstage... but i cracked up when the beauty and the beast waltz music switched over to the chicken dance. very very funni stuff. can't wait for the next masquerade rips-n-stitches gets to be a part of. we're taking names and kicking a$$!!!! lol... just messing with y'all. we wouldn't hurt neone... too bad. *evil grin*

Ranma Saotome
04-15-2004, 09:46 AM
I met a lot of you guys there and I'm glad to have met you. And yes I was the Ranma that got bitchslapped. I think JTARI came close to have knocking my wig off! XD If some of you guys were wondering who was that tall black manwho was politely asking for your picture, that was me! :)

sofbert
04-15-2004, 05:05 PM
[QUOTE=Miscellaneous]Hehe i didn't plan to be in the masquerade until this lady walked up to me and said "please tell me you're in the masquerade" then asked me if i was ever in a masquerade and stuff and eventually swayed me into actually signing up for the thing, even though i was kinda like "ehhhhh..." and i really had no clue was it was until she told me =p It's fun to just go up there in front of everyone and just be the thing that everyone is looking at for a lil while :)

Yeah, we the masq staff really hate to see good costumes go unrecognized. Obviously everyone can't win an award, but the major thing is to let your fellow cosplayers see it and to hang out with them backstage. That is truly the masquerade experience. We've all cosplayed and we know what it's like to have things screw up, and to have things go well. We just hope you all had a great time.

I think the one true joy of being a staffer in that case is when we -do- grab someone out of the hallway, they had no plan of being in the masq, and they win BIG. That's the greatest feeling :)

Chris

MaidenJenni
04-15-2004, 08:34 PM
my group wasn't supposed to be in the masq. either. we were majorly bummed at missing registration for it, then a woman walked up to us in the hall on friday and asked us if we were in it. we said no and she asked us if we wanted to be and well nodded vigorously. who would say no? Turns out she was the coordinator or something... can't remember her name right now though. It was the best experience, thank you thank you thank you!

Starlite_Nyte
04-17-2004, 09:31 PM
I met up with some folks who will be cosplaying Seras Victoria and Anderson(g) next year, so I will definitely enter with them then!
I am glad you remember me (I was a little surprised that you did after AB), if we cosplay together then the Anderson probably wont be doing it with us... supposedly he has stage fright. I cant wait until next year. Hey... are you going to walk me around on a leash while we are in costume? Hahaha...

Miscellaneous
04-17-2004, 10:30 PM
I would like to enter the masquerade with some sephiroth next year, maybe do a neat swordfight on stage or something, i dunno, just wonderign if theres a spehy outthere that would wanna do this ;) it would be kinda fun

AmetenshiK
04-22-2004, 08:33 AM
I haven't been on cosplay.com in forever x_x

The masquerade was fun <3 I had more fun in it this year than last year sicne last year I didn't know anybody and I was like UHHH YEAH XD

Everyone's costumes were awesome :D

Yeah the Kamui kid >Brandon< was awesome :D He was so scared that he was going to do bad >i was sitting next to him on the balcony thing< but he did awesome! *Dances*

i was the underpants Chi if anybody cares XDXDXD

Recca-sama
04-24-2004, 06:21 PM
Masquerade r0xx0red! ^^ Did anyone else join our congo line up in the right hand balcony when they were playin YMCA? XD I was the Vash leading it so I didn't know who was behind us...

I was doing that with you!! XD I was the crazy Yuna!! It was sooo much fun, but i kinda forgot the YMCA halfway through and just went to dancing

sheepsarai
04-25-2004, 08:39 PM
the masquerade was sooo much fun! I didnt know i was gonna be in the masquerade till 2 days before the con.hehehe actually that was a great experiance even though i was terrified. I was the black mage rikku and that was my first costume experiance ever.. and anime boston 2004 was my first con ever and here i was in my first masquerade ever when i didnt even know what i was doing. Haha I had so much fun in the blaconies though, meeting everyone and goofing off... even though i was super nervous! I was blown away by how great everyone did I hope my costumes come out that good some day! Oh and thank you to everyone who offred me advice and insight on how to go on stage and act cause i was terrified and needed all the help i could get!!!!! That was tons of fun everyone thanks for the experiance!

AmetenshiK
04-25-2004, 09:08 PM
I was scared last year at my first masquerade and it was just a walk on. But then I was like WHY AM I AFRAID TO GET UP AND ACT RETARDED IN FRONT OF A BUNCH OF OTHER GEEKS so now I am over it :D And I'm sure that you are too, right? If not then just remember that youre on stage in front of a bunch of geeks and nobody cares if you screw up XD

Mew_Pudding
04-26-2004, 05:27 PM
^^ Hi all, I was Mew Pudding in the cosplay, in the Tokyo Mew Mew group? This was my first cosplay and I never realized how stressful it was. x.o;; But, it was so much fun! =D Our music died though. ._.; It got played wrong and we came on late. e.e;; I liked the Ranma skit and the GW skit. ^^ :dance:

Ranma Saotome
04-27-2004, 09:08 AM
Hey Mew Pudding! I remember you! ^_^ I be the Ranma that got slapped up on stage! ^^;;; As you continue to be in masquerades, they'll be more nerve-wracking than anything else. ^_^ I'm glad you like my skit. ^_^ See ya at Anime NEXT! :D

AmetenshiK
04-27-2004, 12:46 PM
As you continue to be in masquerades, they'll be more nerve-wracking than anything else. ^_^

How can it get more nerve-wracking after being in them a lot? o_O

XD d00d I remember last year at AB you were right before me and Kelley and you kept yelling at me to stfu XD i was scared ;-; <---first masq last year yeaaaaay BUT IT IS NOT SCARY ANYMORE ^^ >D

SO DONT LISTEN TO HIM ITS NOT NERVE WRACKING >O

Mew_Pudding
04-27-2004, 02:17 PM
^^; As nerve wracking as it was, I loved it! =D Thats why I`m doing it again at AnimeNEXT, we got a Retasu and Minto now, but Zakuro can`t go. x.o;

Personaly, I think performing at AnimeNEXT will be alot easier cuz, I went last year and there weren`t nearly as many people as at AnimeBoston. ^^; Am I the only one who thinks that 4110 people is scary to perform in front of? o.o;;;

Ranma Saotome
04-28-2004, 12:10 AM
Wait, AB had 4100 peeps? Dayum... Seems like Anime NEXT will have close to 2000. :/

chocoborancher
04-28-2004, 12:47 PM
4,110 was last year's attendance, this year's final count has yet to be determined.
(it's safe to assume at least 3,600)

Ranma Saotome
04-28-2004, 01:22 PM
Damn, that's a whole lotta otaku. :p

hikura
04-28-2004, 01:41 PM
Still gotta say whole lotta fans at either animexpo and otakon.Put both of them together your looking at roughly 40,000 peeps(including staff and what not).Next year i would not doubt if animeboston hit 5,500.

Mew_Pudding
04-28-2004, 05:39 PM
Seems like there`ll be alot more people at AnimeNEXT this year than last year, there didn`t seem to be that many people there but, then again I wasn`t in the masquerade, only watching it. So, I didn`t pay any attention. ^^; I`m sure it`ll look like alot more when your up on stage. =/

Kurthy133
04-29-2004, 06:01 PM
Seems like there`ll be alot more people at AnimeNEXT this year than last year

i agree! i mean, without BAAF or Shoujocon around... it seems like AN will be a con most people from this area will be at ^^
<3

Ranma Saotome
04-29-2004, 07:40 PM
I smell room party.... ^_~

Mew_Pudding
04-29-2004, 08:01 PM
Not to mention, it`s a good con for broke otaku like me. ^^;; And Inu Yasha seems to be the big anime now and Richard Cox is gonna be there! =D (But, he does Ranma too right? o.O ) So, I can definitely see why there would be more people going but, I think thats a good thing! =D ^_^

Ranma Saotome
04-29-2004, 11:43 PM
Yes, Richard Cox does the voice of male Ranma from Season 4 to 7.

Mew_Pudding
04-30-2004, 08:56 PM
*Dances* I feel smart now! =D :sunny: By the way, did anyone get any pictures from the Masquerade? o.O `Specially any of our group? ^^;

Ranma Saotome
05-04-2004, 09:45 AM
Check Fan's View. ^_^ www.fansview.com

Jubie-Chan
05-04-2004, 05:11 PM
^^ Hi all, I was Mew Pudding in the cosplay, in the Tokyo Mew Mew group? This was my first cosplay and I never realized how stressful it was. x.o;; But, it was so much fun! =D Our music died though. ._.; It got played wrong and we came on late. e.e;; I liked the Ranma skit and the GW skit. ^^ :dance:

I was the Wufei in the GW skit!
our skit was made 3 hours before going on. And all that screaming as soon as they saw Duo... I had to say my lines a couple of times.

I loved your group! I was freaking out when I realised it was Tokyo Mew Mew on

Mew_Pudding
05-08-2004, 04:32 PM
Oh, Arigatou. ^_^ You can`t blame people for screaming at Duo though! Don`t worry though, I think Wufei is the prettiest Gundam Pilot. XDD

RyuichiNG
05-16-2004, 05:23 PM
The masq was certainly FUN! I had a blast participating in it too! I was Myoubi from Alichino (the green/orange dress with wings and a white wig). There were most definately some really fantastic costumes there though. I think that everybody put a lot of effort into them, and that everybody deserves a large round of applause.

The only annoying thing was... TOO MANY WALK-ONS!! AHHH!! ::falls over:: I was just about dead by then end of it all... ::sighs:: Oh well....

Genki Chan
05-19-2004, 11:51 AM

I think Jubie may have already said so, but thanks. ^_^ (<~ part of the GW group). The Tokyo Mew Mew~ness was cute! Great outfits. =D

Mew_Pudding
05-19-2004, 03:34 PM
Yay, compliments! n.n Thanks so much, I actually had to finish my friends Zakuro costume Saturday morning. Hee, lazy seamstress. ^.^;; But, we got such positive feedback on our skit and costumes! Thank you all so much! ^_^

Genki Chan
05-19-2004, 06:24 PM
Fwee, welcome! And no worries- I finished one of mine friday night XD

Mew_Pudding
05-20-2004, 04:29 PM
Yesh, my friends, (Zakuro) was started like a week before the con, when she found out, Hey, I don`t know how to sew! x.o; So...I was stuck with the job. XD By the way, Jubei-chan, at AnimeNEXT can I request permission in advance to glomp you? I love Aya! n.n

Genki Chan
05-20-2004, 08:46 PM
Mew: I can't speak for her, but I can certainly tell ya she'll be hard to miss. ^_^ Look for the huge wiess group there! There will be 11 of us in all- wiess, schwartz, and a good portion of Schurient ~_^

Mew_Pudding
05-21-2004, 02:06 PM
Wheee, Wiess bishy`s! n.n That`ll be fun. ^.^ Look for us in the masquerade again. This time we`ve got two Minto`s a Retasu and me. Me and one of my friends (Minto 2) have decided to go on a glomping spree! =D

Genki Chan
05-21-2004, 10:02 PM
Whee! Can't wait to see all of you in the Masq. again. ^-^ Good luck.

Mew_Pudding
05-22-2004, 03:00 PM
Domo Arigatou~nya! We have a very hrm...intersting, yeah thats it skit planned. o.o;; You guys gonna be in the masquerade too? =D

Genki Chan
05-23-2004, 12:54 AM
Hopefully! We had a skit planned out, but then we got more members. hard to think of a skit for 11 people! Especially when only 5 are allowed on stage at one time!

Jubie-Chan
05-23-2004, 08:19 AM
Yesh, my friends, (Zakuro) was started like a week before the con, when she found out, Hey, I don`t know how to sew! x.o; So...I was stuck with the job. XD By the way, Jubei-chan, at AnimeNEXT can I request permission in advance to glomp you? I love Aya! n.n

Yes sure! I have people from my highschool planning to come to my house the morning of just to glomp me. Just watch out for my sword ^_^;;

Hopefully! We had a skit planned out, but then we got more members. hard to think of a skit for 11 people! Especially when only 5 are allowed on stage at one time!

hn, who's fault was that? But no worried! We shall figure something out. The system won't beat us!

Mew_Pudding
05-23-2004, 10:24 AM
n.n Wheee! Prepare to be glomped by a rabid fangirl horde of Mew Mew`s! =D (It`s a good thing, I swear. o.o; ) I hope you guys can get a skit up! =D

Jubie-Chan
05-23-2004, 03:48 PM
i fear of the furries...

Genki Chan
05-23-2004, 10:32 PM
It's totally your fault Julie =P always is. But yeah, we'll figure out something.. no worries. Just have to get my brain to work. ...So it's luck we have some time still.

Jubie-Chan
05-24-2004, 05:29 AM
wai... wai... but how is it my fault? ;___; i've tried to help...-blows nose in tissue-

Genki Chan
05-24-2004, 12:17 PM
Aww *-* Just kidding! I'd crown you queen of the helpful, but not only does that sound really cheesy... I own no crown. u.u

Mew_Pudding
05-24-2004, 02:57 PM
Were not fuzzy just highly...hrm...annoying probly. ^.^;;;

Jubie-Chan
05-25-2004, 09:29 PM
-puts burger king hat on head- your still furry!

Mew_Pudding
05-26-2004, 01:55 PM
I want a Burger King hat. v_v And furry is FUN! =DD

Graceria
07-25-2004, 08:52 PM
My favorite cosplay group was the group with Bowser and my favorite individual cosplayer was the little Rin. (I'm a bit biased toward her, though) I liked the Vash that won all those prizes too, but I didn't like that he used leather (pleather?) for the coat. Vash's coat isn't leather. Small suggestion, use red cotton-canvas next time. It's not as hot and closer to what Vash's coat appears to be made of. Imho. Other than that, it was a truely awsome costume and he plays Vash very well. Most people just don't put that much effort into it. Kudos to you, man.

I went in the cosplay as Kenshin. I didn't win anything. But I get horrible stage fright, so just getting on stage at all is a victory for me. It was a last-minute decision to go on, so I only had a walk-on. I went on to "Heart of Sword" by TMR. Right beforehand, I was back stage going "You can do this, Kim. You can do this, Kim." I was just going to walk out there and do my photo poses but, when they announced me and my music started up, it was like something took over. My nervousness just sort of vanished. Everything but the music, the stage and myself just went away and I strutted out on the stage like I owned it, drew my boken and proceeded to perform a series of sword moves that I didn't even know I knew how to do. (Though, I don't think I did them very well :bashful: ) And when I walked off-stage, the world rushed back in and I was a bit confused. Then I was ushered back up stairs to my seat and there were all these people congratulating me and telling me how awsome I was. (I was thinking, "I was??" cause I really don't think so.) I must've said "Arigatou" 100 times before I found my seat. Then it was "sit down or fall down" cause I felt a sudden wave of dizziness and nausea. I had a lot of fun in the end. Well, minus the dizziness and nausea part. That part wasn't fun.

I've decided I won't back down ever again. I don't even care if I look like an idot and screw up. I want to get over my stagefright. I don't think I can count on always having some adrenalin-rush-body-take-over-thingy, but I want to be able to go on stage and not freeze up. I'm going to be in the Otaku Idol competition at Otakon this year and also in a skit in the cosplay as Kenshin with my mom, who will be dressed as Mama from Kodomo no Omocha, where Mama buys a time-machine and goes back in time to the Meiji era. I'm not going to blow the rest of the skit, but it'll be really funny.

Speaking of my mom, she was in the cosplay as a walk-on too. She was Mama and was playing with her hammer. Oh, the first walk-on (the little girl dressed as Rin) was my niece, Samantha. That's why I'm biased toward her. She is the bravest little girl I've ever met. She LOVES the stage and to be in the limelight. She wants to be in the cosplay at Otakon and she wants to sing "Old Macdonald" while dressed as Rin. We want to find a Sesshoumaru to go on stage and say, "Rin. It's time to go." And then walk off stage with her following. I think she'll have a future as a model, actress or singer someday.
:toothy:

Anywho, I've blabbed long enough. Talk to you all later.

Graceria

Ranma Saotome
07-25-2004, 08:59 PM
You mom cosplay Mama from Kodocha?! She is awesome. Please let her know that! :)

SketchCreations
07-28-2004, 01:52 AM