PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Minor-role Character(s)

Chimera_Zero
11-18-2002, 11:35 PM
So, who are your favorite character(s) that have only a minor role in the series? Mine happen to be Kaorin from Azumanga Daioh and Maya from Eva.

Karisu-sama
11-19-2002, 12:51 AM
*Pops in*

Shuura the Crimson Pirate, Cpt. Sagara of the Sekihoutai, Kamatari of the Juppongatana, and Shouzo (Magdalia's bodyguard) from Kenshin... I'm sure there are others, I'm just very busy now, and I have Kenshin on the brain...

*Pops out again*

Sami
11-19-2002, 02:09 PM
Satoshi Miwa from Marmalade Boy. ^___^ He was such a sweetie.. it's too bad he sort of disappeared off into the sunset as the series went on.

Rosiel
11-19-2002, 02:10 PM
Michel Lavalier from Escaflowne... He had maybe three lines, but he managed to make me love him anyway. =)

isami
11-19-2002, 03:35 PM
Sakano-san from Gravi! Although.. is he really that minor of a character? Hmm.
Duplica from Pokemon. ^^

psythe
11-19-2002, 03:37 PM
Chloe from Noir^^ although I'm not sure she qualifies as a minor role character.

In which case, Misuzu from Boogiepop Phantom.

Motoko Aoyama is also one of my faves, although again it's hard to consider anyone from Hina a minor role.

KnuxieChan
11-19-2002, 03:55 PM
Duplica on Pokemon. She was cool ^^'

Recca-kun
11-19-2002, 04:40 PM
Tsuwabuki Mitsuru and Kazami Tatsuya (The Onion Prince) from Utena! The two best male characters in the series! I dressed as Black Rose Tsuwabuki at O2k and Katsu 7 and a friend was Tatsuya at Katsu 7 along with other friends for a decent sized Utena group, hehehe. :bigtu:

Aoshi Shinomori
11-19-2002, 04:48 PM
I would say Aoshi Shinomori from Kenshin and Tuxedo Mask from Sailormoon.. those are the people that comes and save the day. heh

Hungryjack
11-19-2002, 05:24 PM
How about Phantom F. Harlock? I mean he's the man who started it all. I thought about cosplaying him, but I really question whether anyone would even recognize me.

Tenjou
11-19-2002, 05:31 PM
Jiji from Kiki's Delievery Service (the cat) and the Cat Family from Sailormoon.

I like kitties XD

And Princess Fireball, Chibi-Usa, and the Amazoness Quartet from BSSM. >D yes.

Yautja834
11-19-2002, 05:54 PM
that cat that is on Bulma's dad's shoulder all the time in dragon ball Z. It just sits there!

Gingerbread Man
11-19-2002, 06:01 PM
ANDY FROM COWBOY BEBOP! I personally think he was cooler then some of the main characters.....no flames though :P

KuroBara
11-19-2002, 06:30 PM
>Tsuwabuki Mitsuru and Kazami Tatsuya (The Onion Prince) from Utena!

Tatsuya stole my heart, I love him! Do you have any pics of that cosplay? Talk about your minor characters making a big impact. Also from Utena, Ruka. Some say he's a jerk, but he completely redeemed himself in my eyes.

*waves a Juri x Ruka banner*

Other than that, Tatara from Fushigi Yuugi. He had pieces of 1-2 episodes with a great side story. Oh, and Otogi (not DUKE!) from Yu-gi-oh. He was actually beating him from the greater part of 2 episodes, a rare feat for a pretty predictable show. Plus, if you watch the sub, you hear his cheerleaders yell out L-O-V-E Otogi!

KnuxieChan
11-19-2002, 07:10 PM
>that cat that is on Bulma's dad's shoulder all the time in dragon ball Z

YES! MR.KITTY!

HotaruTomoe
11-19-2002, 07:57 PM
I Love Hotaru/SailorSaturn!!!!!

Yggdrasil Pie
11-19-2002, 08:16 PM
Err... I forgot his name...@__@

I think he was some prince in the anime Houshin Engi... He was in about 1 episode? ^^;;;

Recca-kun
11-19-2002, 08:31 PM
The one that played the instrument in ep 4? I need to read the manga; if it's better I would like to cosplay someone... maybe the older prince with the modded arm.

SleepingKirby
11-19-2002, 09:04 PM
Seta-san!!! (Who else can shoot down planes by throwing rocks?) :D

Galaxia
11-19-2002, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Gingerbread Man
ANDY FROM COWBOY BEBOP! I personally think he was cooler then some of the main characters.....no flames though :P

"Just call me Wyatt Earp!"

Andy SO ownz.....him and Gren are my faves ^_^

nekochan
11-20-2002, 04:07 AM
Ein from BeBop and PENx2!!! YEAH!!! go penx2!! hehe YES THAT SAKE DRINKING, RAMEN EATING HOT-BATH TAKER!! ^^

Hungryjack
11-20-2002, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by SleepingKirby
Seta-san!!! (Who else can shoot down planes by throwing rocks?) :D

Igoo from the Herculoids. In fact, he's done it (well, it was a spaceship and not technically an airplane, but still...)

aeva
11-20-2002, 03:28 PM
Tatsuha in Gravitation, the Dark Elf With teh Sweet Tooth in Welcome to Lodoss Island, and Ryo and Iori [Cody]'s Grandpa in Digimon 02, and Master Tinzin in 3x3 Eyes. XD

Yggdrasil Pie
11-20-2002, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Recca-kun
The one that played the instrument in ep 4? I need to read the manga; if it's better I would like to cosplay someone... maybe the older prince with the modded arm.

Yesss! The one with the instument!! I thought no one would recognize him...do you remember his name?

I only read a little of the manga...soo...I really dunno, but one day, I hope to cosplay Youzen! Maybe even get a group! XD

Something Lulu
11-21-2002, 02:58 AM
Ed and Ein! I dunno how "minor" Ed is, tho...

Well, in that case, every alternate minor character from Ranma Ĺ. There were so many weird ppl who appear for one storyline but who are great, like Pantyhose Taro, for example. Nabiki is cool, too.

Mei Lan Chang
11-22-2002, 02:30 PM
This is sort of cheating since itís 1) a video game character and 2) I have already mentioned this a million times. Apologies in advance for being redundant.

I just loooooove the Gimme Cat monster from Final Fantasy 9. Itís so crafty and mischievious the way it tricks you out of your diamonds. And besidesÖ.itís ugly, but in a cute way. If that is even possible? If you donít spend much time on the side quests and visiting all the islands on the map, you might not even see the Gimme Cat monster. Cactuars are by far the most popular monsters, and though they are cute, I have a prefencial love for the distorted felines míself.

John Booty
11-22-2002, 04:54 PM
Hanagata from Saber Marionettes!

I sort of want to cosplay as him some day, but that might be too scary. ^^;

BlackDelo
11-22-2002, 08:27 PM
Frank Marlon from Trigun. Man, he was one drunk ass mofo! :cheers: :drink:

soshi
11-22-2002, 08:51 PM
Gadess from Escaflowne, and Daley Wong from Bubblegum Crisis: Tokyo 2040 (yes, the ova.. *hides from flames*).

Tenshi
11-24-2002, 06:33 PM
Elios (aka Pegasus) from Sailormoon SuperS. I don't know why I love him so much. He's just cool, and makes an otherwise lacklustre SM series interesting. Plus, I had a fixation with unicorns and pegasuses when I was younger.

And Edward from FFIV! He's so adorable and underrated! Hmm. . .I think I have another cosplay idea ^^;;.