PDA

View Full Version : Boston 2005??

RacerX
04-12-2004, 12:23 AM
whose thinking of going to anime boston 2005? Does anyone know anything abbout the new center like where it's at? Does anyone live in boston who can tell me? How about hotels and food?

Sweet~Pea
04-12-2004, 12:24 PM
The Hynes is pretty easy to get to and it is a way better location than the Plaza. It's beautiful and huge. There is also a shopping plaza with a food court right next door :japan:
I personally have no idea what I will be wearing to AB05 lol.

Cheers
-Christa

Flea
04-12-2004, 01:21 PM
And the hotel has a POOL!

Dagger
04-12-2004, 01:59 PM
Hah, awesome. I know supposedly next year it won't be on Easter Sunday either, which will make things less complicated. :)

As for costumes, I have no idea who I'll be if I go. Probably more FF characters. Or maybe Ayane from Dead or Alive.

rei_hino
04-12-2004, 02:32 PM
Really? I hope it's not Easter again. Complicated, definitely. But It's also kind of weird too, because Friday night my mom was talking to my friend's mom and said next year they were going to get a room at the hotel so we could stay longer. But since it's not at the hotel anymore, we can still try to find a hotel nearby. I wanna stay longer! I already have cosplay plans for 2005^^

RacerX
04-12-2004, 02:42 PM
what are your plans for next year rei?

p.s. if anyone is up for it our group might need an Akane but also we need the support char so far we have genma (me) male and female ranma,shampoo,ryouga and WE NEED YOU :bigtu: :sunny: to help us so message back people

Winry
04-12-2004, 02:48 PM
Really? I hope it's not Easter again. Complicated, definitely. But It's also kind of weird too, because Friday night my mom was talking to my friend's mom and said next year they were going to get a room at the hotel so we could stay longer. But since it's not at the hotel anymore, we can still try to find a hotel nearby. I wanna stay longer! I already have cosplay plans for 2005^^

Yea, I hope it's not a Easter again either. Because I like stay for the entire convention even though not much really happen on Sunday. The Hynes is(I think)near the Protential(sp?) Center so resturants are closers to get to.

Sweet~Pea
04-12-2004, 06:55 PM
They do have a hotel too, that some of the panels will be in. Supposively it's connected by a walkway or something. (not entirely sure about the walkway)
Cheers
-Christa

Jun_Kazama
04-12-2004, 07:13 PM
I don't think I'll be at this con next year b/c I'm most likely moving pretty far away (SUCKS!). I'd like to attend again if i can though.

I am cosplaying Corn.

Starlite_Nyte
04-12-2004, 07:25 PM
I know I am planning to go. I am going to be dressing as Ceres Victoria from Hellsing, Yuna from FF X-2, and possibly Shuichi from Gravitation.

kaseyu_chan
04-12-2004, 07:56 PM
Supposively it's connected by a walkway or something.

Yup, it is connected to the hotel. I was there a couple of years ago for the (Not so) Great American Anime Fest (which had an attendance of about 4 people) and there was somewhere at the end of the big hall, I think, where you could walk through and end up in the hotel. I don't remember all that well..but it was definitely there ^__^

General_Beatrix
04-12-2004, 09:17 PM
...maybe i'll get started on my dream amano costume. but as for any others, its still to early for me, seeing as to how i change my mind every week on what i want to cosplay ^_^

Lil
04-12-2004, 09:40 PM

p.s. if anyone is up for it our group might need an Akane but also we need the support char so far we have genma (me) male and female ranma,shampoo,ryouga and WE NEED YOU :bigtu: :sunny: to help us so message back people

Ohhhh.... I wanna do a Mousse! (I think I spelled that right -_-0) Count me in!

I'm glad it's moving to a convention center! They should have more room then! And We can all stay at a less Ghetto hotel. Even though the down stairs of the Swan looked nice.... The molding in my room had chunks taken out of it, the room was tiny tiny, there was water and a bad yogurt left in the ice bucket, and the beds were mounted on particle board and not a real bed frame.
I really think the more room will help out the con, If there's no cap like Otakon it will inspire more people to go.... and this also means... bigger dealers room no?

Animeloilpop
04-17-2004, 08:45 PM
well im going for sure. Got a whole group of people going. Everyone for one day going as a gravitation character.

As for the Con Center they have a site http://www.mccahome.com/MCCAHome.aspx

I think there are hotel listed there. You should really look in to the hotels you say at. Some I hear where really bad.

I hope this helps in any way

Kikei
04-18-2004, 12:13 PM
I live very close to Boston (about 15 min away), so I know that whole area.

First of all, the Hynes is massive. And it is connected to the Sheraton Hotel, where AB will (possibly) provide a somewhat discounted rate. Also connected to the Sheraton and Hynes is the Prudential Center. In there, you'll find quite a few restaurants (California Pizza Kitchen, Dick's Last Resort, Le Marche... there's a few others, but I can't remember them right now... but I highly recommend Le Marche... it's like an indoor outdoor French cafe). There's also a huge food court in the center. Along with the restaurants, there are about a hundred stores (most of them high-end). And the best part is, you can walk to all of these places without going outside.

If you want to find places to eat and shop outside of that area, however, the cheaper end of Newbury street is right around the corner. All you have to do is go out the main entrance of the Hynes, cross Boylston St, and walk one block to Newbury.

As for when AB is next year... it's April 29 to May 1, so it doesn't conflict with Easter weekend :)

Hope I helped!

Ali
04-18-2004, 01:12 PM
My dorm is so freakishly close to the Hyne's that it's almost a pity that I'll probably end up in a hotel room next year. ^_^

Ugh... fun weekend, too... I'll probably have to cram for finals like mad in all the time framing the convention. Ugh I say.

Mesoian
04-18-2004, 05:54 PM
Ditto. That's like a week before finals.
Rough

Gale
04-19-2004, 02:42 PM
i am definatly going to AB next year!! now that my school is finally giving us good friday off i know i'll be able to go for 2 days at least (making pre-reging worth it). i'm still not sure what my main costume will be though. i'll have my Yuna one, but that's for CTcon '04...i'll also have Rakka and Kaylee...but those arent big enough for my main one. *shrugs* i'll figure it out by then. who knows, maybe i'll be needed for a group or something =)

Poisonous Intent
04-19-2004, 07:09 PM
The Hyne sounds like a wonderful change from the park plaza and the sheraton also has extremely nice rooms and they aren't extremely overpriced. As for cosplay? hmm...not sure.. though i'm definantly going mostly likely all sailor moon depends though.

Sweet~Pea
04-19-2004, 07:30 PM
i am definatly going to AB next year!! now that my school is finally giving us good friday off i know i'll be able to go for 2 days at least (making pre-reging worth it). i'm still not sure what my main costume will be though. i'll have my Yuna one, but that's for CTcon '04...i'll also have Rakka and Kaylee...but those arent big enough for my main one. *shrugs* i'll figure it out by then. who knows, maybe i'll be needed for a group or something =)

AB05 will not be on Easter weekend next year btw :japan:

Cheers
-Christa

Gale
04-20-2004, 07:22 AM
oh yah....oops....i actually knew that o.o; both good and bad for me! XP

AmetenshiK
04-22-2004, 10:46 AM
yeah, the hyne's is big and confusing XD

and a POOL, YOU SAY?! *dances*

i knew the sheraton and the mall were connected to it, but i didnt know there was a pool <3

*Shifty_eyes*
04-26-2004, 04:05 PM

I would be willing to be Akane for you(Ranma is my favorite series)...tell me all the details...

Now about AB05, it is to be at the Hynes, they have reserved 4 ballrooms in the Sheraton along with MOST of the Plaza floor (1st floor) of the Hynes which has 2 exhibition halls and the main lobby They also have the audiotorium (2nd floor) reserved and it can fit 4500 (that's 9 times bigger than the one at the Boston Park Plaza hotel!) Also the dealers' room is to be 40,000 sq ft (the Castle was 18,000 sq ft but only about 2/3 of it was used for the dealer section...in other words, the new dealers' room is about 3 to 4 times bigger!)

And it takes place during NO holidays, the problem might be if you have school or work on that friday (like me) getting outta that. I'm just (hopefully) gonna skip school...I mean...*Shifty eyes*

Anyway, I can't wait till AB05...hope this info helps you all...I'm gonna try to find out where in Boston the Hynes Convention Center is...

Recca-sama
04-26-2004, 08:13 PM
I pretty much have anime boston 05 all sorted out for me. I've already put money aside for tickets and shopping. I'm saving up money to buy better supplies for my costume next year, which if done correctly will be ten trillion times better than my last two anime boston costumes. Next year I am planning to go as Vexx from the gamecube, ps, and x-box game called Vexx... kinda silly. Although my friend brought up the idea that it would be stupid for me to enter the mascurade in a the costume because the game is not Japanese made or orginated. Do you think it really matters?

Anyways when is the conventio taking place next year?

*Shifty_eyes*
04-26-2004, 08:34 PM
Anyways when is the conventio taking place next year?

April 29-May 1 :bigtu:

Mesoian
04-27-2004, 03:52 PM
::Plans on bringing bathing suit::
I wonder who I'll go as. Maybe I'll bust out some crazy Jet Set Radio stuff. I still dont' knwo whether or not I wanna go to otakon. That's a hell of a drive...

Gale
05-09-2004, 04:03 PM
April 29-May 1 :bigtu:

ooh....i'll have to hope my school doesnt schedual anything then....it'd suck if i prereged and all, and then i had to do something that weekend. i have such big plans for going! also, i feel sorry for anyone in the class of 2006...'cause if the SAT schedual is anything like this year, one of the test days will probably be that weekend.

one more thing: is there any info about their expectancy for a pre-reg limit next year? or do they expect to have tickets at the door?

I'll be 18 by then, so i'll probably be able to go to bunches of stuff on my own, without my mom taggign after me, so i can probably go for the majority of the weekend, but you never know with my school when I'll have to be back on campus.... >.<

Mystic Blossom
05-09-2004, 07:48 PM
I'll be going, probably as Sailorcosmos and Freya. Closer to the con I'll try to organize some photoshoots for Sailormoon and Chobits ^_^

*Shifty_eyes*
05-11-2004, 07:55 AM
one more thing: is there any info about their expectancy for a pre-reg limit next year? or do they expect to have tickets at the door?

There will be no limit because the Hynes is so big! They will be selling tickets at the door but you can always pre-register if you want. If you do decide to just buy at the door it might be a longer wait (depending if you get there early in the morning or later.) So everyone can get in! YAY!!!! A lot more otaku...

Shuichi_red
05-11-2004, 01:07 PM
I am SO going next year! I have no idea which character I want to cosplay as, but I have a list of about 10 I want to do (like Dark from DN Angel, Hatsuharu from Fruits Basket, and a couple Final Fantasy characters), but it's just so hard to pick!

Pool? XD

devilyouko
05-13-2004, 02:52 PM
IMGOING ...i think...i hope but the IS the hynes

Poisonous Intent
05-13-2004, 03:13 PM
I'll be going, probably as Sailorcosmos and Freya. Closer to the con I'll try to organize some photoshoots for Sailormoon and Chobits ^_^

Yeah, Sailor moon cosplay! i'll be wereing sm costumes all 3 days, mostyl likely, Princess Chibiusa, Sailor Luna, and Sailor Chibi Chibi.

Mystic Blossom
05-13-2004, 09:17 PM
Yeah, Sailor moon cosplay! i'll be wereing sm costumes all 3 days, mostyl likely, Princess Chibiusa, Sailor Luna, and Sailor Chibi Chibi.

Awesome. I got my friends to be Princess Kakyuu and Eternal Sailormoon, so we'll have a mini Sailor Stars group!

Poisonous Intent
05-14-2004, 03:13 PM
Awesome. I got my friends to be Princess Kakyuu and Eternal Sailormoon, so we'll have a mini Sailor Stars group!

YEAH! stars! lol, I have my friend's cosplaying eternal sailor jupiter, and one as sailor star healer and Aya as sailor galaxia, & me as sailor chibi chibi. Lol, star group photoshoot would be awesome ^_^!

Sorahana
05-14-2004, 09:30 PM
I may go next year since my mom's friend's daughter lives up there and she loves anime and wants to go to a con. And it would let my mom be able to visit her friend so maybe =).

The Xenos
06-01-2004, 11:38 PM
Well I am quite happy the con is moving to the Heinz/Prudential. Not only is there much more room, now it's a much shorter walk from our apartment to get there. Though it should be an intersting walk if our armored costumes pan out.

-Xenos

Adrienne
06-02-2004, 12:08 PM
w00t! I'm SO excited!! XD XD I don't know for sure what my costumes are gonna be, because I keep changing my mind about them! I know I wanna do at least ONE Jrock costume, but I can't decide who. XD I can't wait!!

Animeloilpop
06-03-2004, 11:00 PM

Cool i was thinking about going a luna in her human form. she is so pretty!! :)

Mystic Blossom
06-04-2004, 07:03 PM
I'm glad they've finally updated the website ^^

animepimp
06-05-2004, 10:46 AM
I'm glad they've finally updated the website ^^

A little soon to talk about
2005 for Anime Boston don't ya think, people?
Unless you guys had that much fun at Anime Boston.

rei_hino
06-05-2004, 05:21 PM
I know had that much fun, but it may not be too early^^The sooner the costumes are done, the less panic and stress about them days before AB^^*referring to being up till 1am sewing excel costume*
I love luna's Human form!! But AB 2005 I'm going as Honda, TOhru from Fruits basket, and I'm not sure about the other cosplay. Someday I want to be eternal sailor mars *dreams* but that's some day, and definitely luna's human form from the Super Movie. . just so pretty. .*o* I wanted to go as ROsiel or Alexiel from Angel Sanctuary (I want the wings!!) but people always say that it's way over cosplayed. .

*hust visited site*
OMG! YES! YES YES YES YEs it's a different date! MUWAHAHAHA so it's not Easter weekend anymore where my Parents kill me when I skipped church Friday to go to AB's Whos' line is it anime. . but now. .I CAN GO WITHOUT WORRYING! MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH

Poisonous Intent
06-05-2004, 06:17 PM
Cool i was thinking about going a luna in her human form. she is so pretty!! :)

yeah, human luna is pretty. lol, if you go as luna we'll have luna from Sailor moon anime/ manga and Sailor Luna from PGSM.

rei_hino
06-06-2004, 07:15 PM

Well, My friends and I are definitely going to do a fruits basket group cosplay.
Anyway, I'm so happy! It's not Easter Weekend! *dances*
ANd I'm very happy that you guys informed me that it was connnected to a hotel!! Now I can stay longer with my friends since we can get a room, and we won't have to leave to drive home (2o minutes away, without traffic that is. . ) and we could even go to the dances! *dances again* *grins widely* and to make it even BETTERER, I won't have to skip anything to go to mass, and It'll just rock!!!!

I know it's kinda late to reply for that, but. . .

rhichan
06-07-2004, 02:55 PM
I usually work in the area of the Hynes, so I'd like to throw in some extra information.
The Hynes and the Sheraton are HUGE!
The Hynes, in addition to being attached to the Sheraton, is also attached to two malls, one with a 24-hour Krispy Kreme and two other hotles: the Copley Marriott and the Westin.
There's also a chapel right next to the Hynes, inside the mall, for you to worship in Sunday Morning.
It's also across the street from a Shaw's Super Market.
So, all needs will be met without having to ride the T or travel around Boston!

The Xenos
06-07-2004, 10:58 PM
Holy Smeg! That Krispy Kreme is open 24 hours?! I'm tempted to run over there right now.

-Xenos

SketchCreations
06-08-2004, 08:40 AM
Xenos...You dork! You only eat half a meal a day anyways, doughnuts stay in your system for THREE days. ha ha. wait! you're a twig, EAT UP! -Sketch

(don't worry, I know him)

Animeloilpop
06-08-2004, 10:17 PM
yeah, human luna is pretty. lol, if you go as luna we'll have luna from Sailor moon anime/ manga and Sailor Luna from PGSM.

LOL, well i hope i can get it done. It like number 3 on my list of cosplay

sephygoth
06-11-2004, 01:21 PM
there's never enough time to get all the stuff done in time for a good con
like AB. The new center will make it easier to get a bite ALL the time...and in
costume.
Then there's the park area at the Pru, great for getting awsome shots, bring your restricted weapons and , well maybe not...

The Xenos
06-12-2004, 10:09 PM
Xenos...You dork! You only eat half a meal a day anyways, doughnuts stay in your system for THREE days. ha ha. wait! you're a twig, EAT UP!

Hey! I'll have you know I eat a whole one meal a day. I'll have to bump it up to one and a half to gain weight I want to go as Griffith next Anime Boston. And get a bit more of a tan. And mind you that I'm talking about the beaten half naked Griffith who was starved and kept prisoner in the dark for two years. Aaaaaayoo! (kidding)

-Xenos

Moller
06-19-2004, 09:53 PM
about food in boston, oh boy well. If you go to china town and go to any food shop that starts with 'pho' you'll get something really good i recomend the chicken noodel soup. Fire and ice is really good too. And if you dont know what you want go to fanel hall they have everything there.

The Xenos
07-03-2004, 02:16 PM
Chinatown is good, but a bit of a walk. I'd just a walk past that Christian scientist pool and down another block or two is a great pizza and sub place that's open until 2AM. Though it doesn't hurt that our apartment is the next building over.

-Xenos

SketchCreations
07-04-2004, 10:59 AM
Chinatown is good, but a bit of a walk. I'd just a walk past that Christian scientist pool and down another block or two is a great pizza and sub place that's open until 2AM. Though it doesn't hurt that our apartment is the next building over.

-Xenos

Man those guys gave me strange looks for just asking for a grilled cheese. what's wrong with that!!!?? nah, i would look weird at someone dressed like i was. but yes..very good place. -Sketch

The Xenos
07-04-2004, 03:03 PM
Oh and the mozzerella stick are mozzerella sticks of the gods of yummy. Or something like that. They're really good and a fav of our apartment. Plus the store next door has Slush Puppie, which is my current addiction, but they're only open till 12.

as the visiting Sketch pokes him,
-Xenos

rei_hino
07-04-2004, 04:06 PM
I'm Definitly going. This time I can stay longer since it's not during Easter, and my mom and my friends' moms are getting us rooms at a nearby hotel so we don't have to keep driving back to boston.

sephygoth
07-06-2004, 02:42 PM
food wasn't across the street as one otaku tried to tell us at the plaza, next we can go next store to the mall and get our grease.
I challenge sketch to a mozarella stik duo,
had to get that out
Isn't there a 24 hr sub place like across the street(for real)from the Hyns

General_Beatrix
07-06-2004, 05:18 PM
does anyone know if theres a grocery store or anything near the hynes? seeing as to how i cant eat most food served in a restaurant -_-

chocoborancher
07-06-2004, 05:45 PM
does anyone know if theres a grocery store or anything near the hynes? seeing as to how i cant eat most food served in a restaurant -_-

Actually, you're in luck. Near the Hynes Convention Complex, there is a Shaw's Supermarket. (it's near the Copley Place shopping center)

Czygany
07-06-2004, 11:28 PM
*happy dance!* I'm can't wait to go to AB2005! Especially since it's in the Hynes. That's a great location! I used to work in both of the attatched malls and I laugh to think of some of the ritzy clientele being swarmed by cosplaying otaku. *cackle* (*ponder* I wonder, should I pop into my old work places in costume? *giggle*)

I moved away from Boston a while ago *sneef* but there used to be a great bar around the corner from the Hynes called Bukowski (sp?). If it's still there I highly recomend it! (I know I'll be paying a nostalgic visit. *grin*) Oh, another good place to try for cheep eats is a restaruant called the Poor House (it's kindda caddy corner to the Hynes on Boylston St.) Again, this is assuming these places still exist, perhaps someone who still lives in Boston could confirm this? *cross fingers* Thanks!

SketchCreations
07-07-2004, 07:41 AM
"I challenge sketch to a mozarella stik dual"

In the words of Joe from Family Guy
*ahem*
"BRIIING IT OOOOON!!!!"
Course..that's if you're paying. HA HA. Take that Dizzy!

-Sketch

(Don't know if eating greasey food would be good with my make-up...i don't want to smudge it..haha that sounds so gay. gotta love being an otaku)

rei_hino
07-07-2004, 07:28 PM
*joins Czygany in the happy dance* I'm very excited tooo!!!MUWHAHAHAHAH I don't have to leave to go to church, I can stay up way later, and go to much more and stay at a hotel with my friends, It'll SOO RULLLEE!
It would be even better if we could get TOmokazu seki to go^^
dizzy guymelef , I hope you are right about the sub place. I've never seen the Hynes (Well, I might have but not have realized it) but subs are bound to be cheaper than the soup was at Au Bon Pain. .It was good soup! Just a bit expensive for me. . .

Venator
07-08-2004, 06:38 PM
Third time's a charm, as people tend to say... This year is definitely going to be the best yet. I'm having kind of a hard time envisioning AB on one/two floors of a convention center, but I'm sure it'll work out better than the maze of hallways and staircases from the last two years. However, one question sticks in my mind as rather important... Does anyone from the area know about local parking? The garage we used was a bit of a walk (especially in costume XP), and it sounds as though the Hynes is only farther away. Is there another place to park, maybe?

Regardless, this is gonna be the best thing since Otakon... Cosplaying Norris from Chrono Cross, Hige from Wolf's Rain, possibly my AC Cloud, and a tenative maybe Andy from Bebop. My Spike buddy (the one from that impromptu photoshoot with Vicious, if anyone remembers... "DOES ANYBODY HAVE A GUN?!" :thumbsup: ) and I will definitely have to plan something, if I can pull that off...

Czygany
07-08-2004, 09:40 PM
Does anyone from the area know about local parking? The garage we used was a bit of a walk (especially in costume XP), and it sounds as though the Hynes is only farther away. Is there another place to park, maybe?

I'm hoping that there's a Hynes CC specific parking because the only lots I know of around there are for the adjoining malls and they are freakin' expensive! (Like $20-25 for the day and the rates have tons of conditionals, ie. w/wo validation, hours you arrive/leave, time length stayed, if a llama has fallen from the sky on an alternate Tuesday...) From my experience with those two lots, basically if you park, you're going to get jacked on the price, just had 'em your wallet as you take your ticket *grin*. I think there are two other lots in the area (though I'm not exactly sure how close they are to HCC entrances, not too far I don't think. I believe one's for a hotel and another for the Cheri Theatre. I think the Cheri is the cheeper option.

Then there's always on street parking...and for all you first time Boston drivers, Enjoy!!!

PatrickD
07-09-2004, 12:38 PM
Does anyone from the area know about local parking?

We will have parking information on the web site as soon as we research that. (We also need to update the list of places to eat too.) Expect that in a few months. (It's not a high-priority item at the moment because the parking rates are likely to change anyway.)

sephygoth
07-09-2004, 02:46 PM
I'm pretty sure you can go for parking next door(on same side of street) at the prudential(and mall)plaza :square: . I haven't used it yet so I'm not sure if it's connected to the actual hynes...

YuriJinnai
07-22-2004, 03:29 PM
Hello! No one is talking any more but I guess I will post and say hey! I'm going to Anime Boston and it will be my first time ^_^ Right before finals woo hoo! I don't have any finalized cosplay plans yet but I know that I will definitly be bringing Riza Hawkeye from Fullmetal Alchemist. See you all next year... ^_^

sephygoth
07-23-2004, 10:40 AM
Yeah, most of us natives can't wait for next year(when we can actually get in) no doubt the AB will be refreshed with a AB2005, but we can stuff this one with plans... :untrust: like a meet in the prudential fancy indoor halls or
park, with the fountain and fancy land props :rolleyes:
Heard there might be a Chrono Cross team goin on, that's worth a photoshoot ay

Blue Sasarai
07-23-2004, 11:07 AM
well im going for sure. Got a whole group of people going. Everyone for one day going as a gravitation character.

As for the Con Center they have a site http://www.mccahome.com/MCCAHome.aspx

I think there are hotel listed there. You should really look in to the hotels you say at. Some I hear where really bad.

I hope this helps in any way

i def am planning to go, and ill dress up as shuichi if u guys r doing a gravitation thing. ill prob bring other costumes, but not sure which ones yet.

Blue Sasarai
07-23-2004, 11:08 AM
Yeah, most of us natives can't wait for next year(when we can actually get in) no doubt the AB will be refreshed with a AB2005, but we can stuff this one with plans... :untrust: like a meet in the prudential fancy indoor halls or
park, with the fountain and fancy land props :rolleyes:

if you dress as gourry ill be lina ^_^ c ya there

sephygoth
07-23-2004, 01:56 PM
yay yippy cool, a lina! well maybe I'll get crackin, just the shoulder pads will def make AB worth it maybe others can join us N make a slayers party? the food court might be able to put out for a hungry slayers mob :razz:
I'm gonna try to prereg again next week at otakon(if they have it again) AB next year is in such a handy spot so we've got so many places to chill and hang for groups and still feel included in the local mall!
Maybe we can actually get a cosplay picnic there early as we had
in the park last month(?)

TidusIsMine
07-24-2004, 07:47 PM
Hey, I have a question, this will be my first time going to Anime Boston and I was wondering what you do as soon as you arrive at the convention center, and if you have any advice about Anime Boston on the whole, I would be very grateful ^_^

sephygoth
07-26-2004, 12:30 PM
pretty much get the badge and find your peoples when you get there, then check out the schedule and/or get lost the local area while you
wait for your fav time slots.

lx usagichan xl
07-26-2004, 02:18 PM
Hiya everyone! I live in New Hampshire and a few of my friends live in Boston. We all plan to go to Anime Boston! ^.^ It's going to be so much fun! Although, I don't know much about the area. Thankfully I'll be with some friends, so I don't get lost. Uh hum... Anyways... I wil be cosplaying Usagi's high school uniform from Sailor Moon Stars and classic Sailor Moon. My friends are planning on being Makoto and Sailor Jupiter, Rei and Sailor Mars, Hotaru and Sailor Saturn and just regular school girl. Fun fun fun! My friends and me haven't been to any anime conventions yet, although I plan to take one of my friends to Otakon... That is if my mom doesn't start argueing and lets me go with some of my other family there... Anyways, back to the subject!
<3
Usagi

ladysubaru25
07-26-2004, 08:48 PM
Hey, I have a question, this will be my first time going to Anime Boston and I was wondering what you do as soon as you arrive at the convention center, and if you have any advice about Anime Boston on the whole, I would be very grateful ^_^

The first thing you need to do is come to the Karaoke lounge and sing for us. (LOL--- sorry. shameless plug for my department...) :bigtu:

My advice on AB: pre-reg early (we all saw what happened last year!) come early, and be prepared for a wicked good time. Can't wait to see y'all there!

lx usagichan xl
07-29-2004, 06:31 PM
Yeah, I can't go to Otakon now or any other anime con. until Anime Boston 2005. So that will be my first one! :D Yay! I'm still bummed about not going to Otakon, but it's all good.
<3
Usagi

Saki_B
07-30-2004, 10:00 AM

I dunno if I'm supposed to keep this a secret or whatever (we're really taking this seriously) but my cosplay group Rips 'N Stitches (we were one of the FFX-2 groups of AB 04 [me being Warrior Paine]) is going to do a Chrono Cross cosplay. A big group. So far We've got Lynx, Harle (yaaaaaaay, I get to do my dream costume), Kidd, Serge (maybe), Riddel, Marcy, and I'm not sure but one of our group members is tossing between Nikki and one of the other males (bad memory ><)

And I've been told that there's another Chrono Cross group going as well. It's going to be interesting to see how that'll turn out.

Aha, yeah... I'm not going to be able to eat with all the make-up I'll have on >< Oh well, for AB 04 I was too excited to eat for the span of the two days I went

AB05 is gonna kick ass ^-^ I really can't wait.

SketchCreations
07-30-2004, 01:34 PM
I dunno if I'm supposed to keep this a secret or whatever (we're really taking this seriously) but my cosplay group Rips 'N Stitches (we were one of the FFX-2 groups of AB 04 [me being Warrior Paine]) is going to do a Chrono Cross cosplay. A big group. So far We've got Lynx, Harle (yaaaaaaay, I get to do my dream costume), Kidd, Serge (maybe), Riddel, Marcy, and I'm not sure but one of our group members is tossing between Nikki and one of the other males (bad memory ><)

And I've been told that there's another Chrono Cross group going as well. It's going to be interesting to see how that'll turn out.

Aha, yeah... I'm not going to be able to eat with all the make-up I'll have on >< Oh well, for AB 04 I was too excited to eat for the span of the two days I went

AB05 is gonna kick ass ^-^ I really can't wait.

Hey hun,
Forgot to tell you recently, or you forgot i mentioned it. but the other chrono cross group isn't doing it anymore. I might have scared them away, or the truly real reason that their group got more inspired to other cosplays for AB05.

As for me being Lynx, i didn't know you were making me apart of your group. i think we need nagotiations on this. I got most of my skit worked out in my brain. along with 6 other cosplays to settle me for the next two years.

I am ALL for a Chrono Cross group photoshoot though. and i know that you guys are serious about this. and going to be kick ass cosplayers. Watch out AB05 cosplay world....the previous winners are out for blood. If there is going to be another Chrono Cross group that didn't talk to me then tell us. but as for the other group i talked to they aren't doing it.

SO, i guess by responding to this thread i have announced my next cosplay. Yes world, Sketch is going to AB05 as Lynx, the natorious cat creature of Chrono Cross. So watch out...mreow!

-Sketch

Saki_B
07-30-2004, 01:43 PM
Eep... I guess I was supposed to keep it under wraps.

Well, like I said, not everyone in our group will want to be in the skit, and we don't have to be in the skit if you don' want to fit a few of us in, but it was just a sub-conscious thing, saying you're a part of our group...

SketchCreations
07-30-2004, 01:57 PM
it's ok. i mean i am from the same series, so i can be considered apart the visual group. but as for the masquerade i got some stuff planned. oh well, it's still some time away. -Sketch

The Xenos
08-03-2004, 11:30 PM
I better pray for mercy. Heh. Acutally I'm in a group too, but I'm not sure if our ring leader wants us to talk about it yet as we're still quietly getting people together . Sketch knows about it and we're actulally looking to work together on some of his stuff and our stuff. Trying to convince our ring leader to do the maqurade. He is rather camera shy and mainly wants to work on props and armor.

-Xenos

sephygoth
08-04-2004, 09:46 AM
Dude, you should totally let people know who might be going! Last year I was told some ppl went as... cosplayed as... but I missed them cause I didn't know(those who had way more than 1 costume). I'm hoping for an Escaflowne, FF7 or another GGX group :)
currently not in any "group" this early :confused:

SketchCreations
08-04-2004, 10:28 AM
I prefer the single costume per con...only have to worry about one, can put all your work into ONE UMBER COSTUME, and people cheer louder for you when you compete cause they saw you all over the place. *grin.

sephygoth
08-04-2004, 03:10 PM
I hear ya in the 1 costume, AB might be small enough where: if you wear one
the whole day it gets old...converted to otakon shows that if wear one costume all weekend,most ppl won't even see ya twice :) man it's a pain to switch between at least 3, that's my max I think.
oh yeah, when I say I'm not in a group I mean a themed group, I'm sure I'll be with the weirdest hojpoj of char's as usual :untrust: if not I'll just act out me sephy and love ol trusty sword

The Xenos
08-04-2004, 04:55 PM
Actually, I mainly don't want to say anything yet before we contact people we intially talked to about the group. Once we get an intial group together, and we think we could handle more, then I guess we could see if anyone else would be interested. For now.. let's say it's all in god's hand, but maybe you should watch this banner thread like a hawk.

-Xenos

DaniiChan
08-05-2004, 12:17 AM
Can anyone tell me a little about AnimeBoston? I've only been to Otakon, but I live closer to Boston anyway (Long Island) so I was thinking aof maybe attending that as well next year, can anyone tell me a little about it?

Chopper
08-05-2004, 12:34 AM
I've only been to Anime Boston last year and it was at a hotel. I imagine it'll be different this year since it's at a convention center. Last year was sold out two months prior to the start of the con, so AB'05 will have a huge crowd...but don't expect anything like Otakon. I like AB, meet some new friends there last year and saw lot's of familiar faces. I can't wait until I do my documentary at AB next year. It'll kick ass just like Otakon.

SketchCreations
08-05-2004, 07:17 AM
Can anyone tell me a little about AnimeBoston? I've only been to Otakon, but I live closer to Boston anyway (Long Island) so I was thinking aof maybe attending that as well next year, can anyone tell me a little about it?

Next year will be the third running of AB. as said it's going to be in a convention center, the Hynes, surrounded by hotels, a mall, parks, and stores to begin with. average attendence number has be several thousands. but it might dramatically increase...no Otakon, but we're growing. myself am a Masshole and enjoy it being so close. It has pretty much the same stuff as other cons. I think Bostonians are a lot nicer in general compared to what i remember and what i've heard about Baltimore locals. but that's just a generalization. I am hoping that the organization of next year will be greater, more guests, more stuff to do. I felt it a little lacking compared to opening year. but it wasn't majorly their fault. plane tickets got messed up for some of the bigger guests. even being cramped into a small hotel, it was packed with not only a ton of cosplayers, but a lot of current games, mangas, and screenings. so, just can't wait to see how they treat the Hynes. -Sketch

PatrickD
08-06-2004, 06:26 PM
I felt it a little lacking compared to opening year. but it wasn't majorly their fault. plane tickets got messed up for some of the bigger guests.

Actually, our Japanese guest wasn't able to come for other reasons. His plane tickets were fine. (Although we had to make a last minute change to Dave Wittenberg's flight because he had to do some Friday dubbing...which meant he arrived too late on Friday to appear in Whose Line.)

This year we're going to try to make up for last year. I've seen the potential guest list too...and WHOO BOY! I can't say much about it right now, but if things work out as we expect, some people are going to be insanely happy.

Sweet~Pea
08-07-2004, 10:07 AM
That's good to hear Patrick. :japan:
Cheers
-Christa

sephygoth
08-09-2004, 02:28 PM
let's hope that all the ppl,bummed about not getting in last time, will feel better when they get ahold of what's happening in 2005. I love that weekend this year!

Blue Sasarai
08-09-2004, 05:32 PM
cant wait for anime boston >_< i need another con to go to...one thats not sooooo far.
bummed that its next year though *months hurry up!*

sephygoth
08-10-2004, 09:45 AM
cant wait for anime boston >_< i need another con to go to...one thats not sooooo far.
bummed that its next year though *months hurry up!*
you have post otakon depression ya? :p

esantiago7292
08-10-2004, 06:38 PM
whose thinking of going to anime boston 2005? Does anyone know anything abbout the new center like where it's at? Does anyone live in boston who can tell me? How about hotels and food?

Im going to animeboston 2005~~!!! i went to the one in 2004 i thought it was a little disappointing but, maybe because it was my first con and i didn't know what to do....at Anime Boston 2004 i cosplayed as Haku from Naruto^_^.... it was fun :)

Past cons:
AnimeBoston 2004
Connecticon 2004

CoCo
08-11-2004, 07:31 PM
I'm going to Anime Boston 2005! It'll be my first convention, depending if I go to any other's which are sooner. I can't wait!

Now I have to convince my friend to go with me so I won't be alone, (NONE of my friends cosplay so i'll have to make hers). ^_^