PDA

View Full Version : Matching eyebrows to the wig color

allyunion
04-12-2004, 06:09 AM
Is it necessary? I mean, I have black eyebrows... but I'm going to dress as someone like Jim Hawking and Naruto who are, apparently, blonde.

mikazuki
04-12-2004, 10:14 AM
No, I don't think it is. I looked up some pics of your characters and while they are blonde they don't always have blonde eyebrowns but rather have brown ones.

LuckInSpades
04-13-2004, 12:39 AM
My personal opinion is that dying eyebrows (unless it is very distinct with the character), even temporarily for the character, is BEYOND tacky looking. However, to each their own, if you decide otherwise. =)

inertia
04-13-2004, 12:55 AM
Well, if your eyebrows are really dark BLACK it's not going to look good with most light blond wigs. But it depends how thick and black they are. If the hairs are black but the growth is fairly sparse, you'd probably be okay wearing a light brown or dark blond wig. You shouldn't match the wig color exactly because most people have brows slightly darker than their hair color and even people with really light hair look best with darker brows.

If you wanted to wear a lighter colored wig than that, I think trimming the brows and using a brow pencil or eyeshadow to fill them in would work. I don't mean anything as dramatic as shaving the brows, just using an eyelash comb and small scissors to shorten the hairs by maybe 1 mm. That'll reduce the darkness of the brows a LOT and they'll grow back quickly. (Most brows will grow 1 mm in a week) I find a good eyeshadow filler for blond hair is MAC's "Coquette" satin shadow, which is a nice medium taupe color. It's much less orange than any of the made-for-blond-hair brow pencils I've tried, and it also works really well as a neutral and natural looking eyeshadow.

PikminLink
04-13-2004, 01:05 AM
what about for all of us who want to leave our eyebrows as is, but just changing the color, mine are a really dark brown, and a blond wig looks horrible on me >_>

Trey Frost
04-13-2004, 02:15 AM
There is such a thing as eyebrow sealer. (Example (http://www.mallatts.com/$spindb.query.listallshop2.mallatts.17.Eyebrow~20P lastic~20and~20Sealer.5)) It’s used to completely cover your eyebrows so that it looks like you have none. Maybe you could use that and then put a fake eyebrow over it. I don’t know if they even make fake eyebrows. If not then maybe you could convert a fake mustache or something.

China-Lilly
04-13-2004, 02:53 AM
You can use a brow tint or colored mascara on your brows. Just wipe the wand on a tissue first, so you don't get clumps and then brush it though your brows. This will help keep your brows in place, and tint them. Best of all, it just washes off.