PDA

View Full Version : Your bad experiances at AB04

Dragonrage
04-12-2004, 01:47 PM
I know there were a lot of good experiances but I'm curious of people's bad experiance. My bad experiance was the hotel room we got, it was ghettolious as a room mate put it. We had old moldy yogurt in out ice buckets, holes in out molding and walls. Lights unplugged and a broken bed. Every time i touched metal I got shocked. When the elevators were backed up I took the stairs and fell down a few flights, Good thing my vinyl Keiichi jacket was a bit tough to take a lot of the blows. I accidently stepped on a few cosplayers dressed and ended up ripping them a bit.. I feel so horrible... That was my bad experiance.

BondagePenguin
04-12-2004, 02:13 PM
Rooming was my bad experience too, we were supposed to get two beds, a decent size room....instead the hotel gave that to staffers and we got put in a closet

Flea
04-12-2004, 02:20 PM
I cant really think of anything bad that happened... I overslept on sunday and didnt get to see AMV overflow, thats about it.

DragonMistral
04-12-2004, 02:34 PM
I know there were a lot of good experiances but I'm curious of people's bad experiance. My bad experiance was the hotel room we got, it was ghettolious as a room mate put it. We had old moldy yogurt in out ice buckets, holes in out molding and walls. Lights unplugged and a broken bed. Every time i touched metal I got shocked. When the elevators were backed up I took the stairs and fell down a few flights, Good thing my vinyl Keiichi jacket was a bit tough to take a lot of the blows. I accidently stepped on a few cosplayers dressed and ended up ripping them a bit.. I feel so horrible... That was my bad experiance.

Geez, that's rough..where did you stay?? I hope it wasn't the Park Plaza Hotel - that place seems to swanky to sport such a reportoire! I am sure the cosplayers will understand..lil rips are easy enough to repair, and it could be the catalyst they were waiting for to bust out a new costume! ^^

I can't really think of a bad experience..paying T fare is always a bad experience. It's so expensive nowadays..

EvilMoogleQueen
04-12-2004, 02:45 PM
When I cosplayed Guu no one knew who I was supposed to be. I was a little dissapointed.

Dagger
04-12-2004, 02:55 PM
I lost my liscense. It was in my hand, and the next thing I knew it was gone. I looked everywhere and it was nowhere. I checked at the lost and found and security desk too, nothing. Now I have to have my mom drive me to high school until the DMV opens again. :lost:

Winry
04-12-2004, 03:42 PM
My friend tried to pick a fight with a kid behind her before the cosplay show. It was because he had ripped a piece of paper she wrote 'Cake iz God' on as a joke. (He used his religion as a excuse which was not as good reason.) I dunno if it was on purpose or not, but he did apologize. Unfortunely, she being type of person she is didn't want to let it go, and also she then claimed she didn't hear him said it. It was like 'Just it go already, he apologize, end it.', but Anyways, that was basically the only bad experience I faced at AB.

hikura
04-12-2004, 04:08 PM
The room i got was really small this year.Thankfully it just was me in the room.Plus it was drier then hell in that hotel.Good god it wrecked havoc with my sinuses.Twice i got into sneezing fits and it lead to two small noses bleeds.Plus i was constantly thristy as hell.Plus it being so dry in the hotel and in my room it lead to constant static shock.Plus i would like to apologize to jacksusername and dragonrage for not hanging out with them.Plus i missed the ah my goddess photoshoot(i completely and totally forgot about it).

Kiarrens
04-12-2004, 04:24 PM
A good friend of mine was on the AMV Iron Chef panel (he was one of the editors) so I went to watch him, but there was this guy sitting next to me who was really annoying. He kept talking about hentai to me and referring to the act of getting friendly with his hand. I was just like, "Ummm, ok, that's nice... please leave me alone..." And it didn't help that he was sitting RIGHT next to me - close enough to touch me, which he did a couple of times. I wished I had Edward Elric's (whom I was cosplaying as) powers right then, cuz I'd have transmuted the floor into a wall between us. ~_~ I wound up leaving after a half an hour because I couldn't take it anymore. Other than that, though, I had a pretty good time! ^^

DroopyEyedMonk
04-12-2004, 04:30 PM
The boston park plaza hotel room I got wasn't NEARLY as swanky as I expected. =\ I could barely take one step in the bathroom and the room was just gross in general. I mean, there were used ear plugs on the nightstand. ><

As far as the actual con goes; the music at the dance was horrible. X_x; Techno is all fine and dandy, but not techno going on for THREE FRICKEN HOURS at a time.

I think everything else bad that happened was a result of bad planning on my part. ^^;;

ChibiRinoa
04-12-2004, 04:49 PM
my sword hilt and boot flaps kept breaking, so i missed going to the dealers room because i was fixing them up before the masq. performance >.<

Miscellaneous
04-12-2004, 05:00 PM
I lost a couple little wooden "rivets" form the hilt of my sword as i was going up backstage before i was set to go up for the masquerade. :waaaah:

There was a point where i had to run back and forth from the castle to the convention center to locate the person with my wallet so i could buy the freakin advent children poster with cloud and sephy. I went back and forth like 3 times before i found them. I ended up buying a box of pocky too. :heart:

Oh and on saturday i had to walk kinda far holding all my bought crap, my camera, and my sword, just to get to the closest fast food place. Ended up goin to wendy's (which seemed like forever carryng all that stuff) and when i got back i kept trying to manage all my crap, like move it from bag to bag so i could keep walkng around, and it just started getting annoying, but i eventually got it.

And now i dont know what to do with my pics... I have them on my 'puter but cant upload them to angelfire (too big maybe?)

Dragonrage
04-12-2004, 05:03 PM
Some of the rooms were really bad, but the rooms staffers got were awesome. I think that for me is another reason to want to be a staffer.

Yuki Eiri
04-12-2004, 05:15 PM
Bah >< You know... My room was like a closet.. I've seen motor lodges with bigger rooms..

Dewy
04-12-2004, 05:21 PM
The dance was crap :/ I left almost immediatly....

ladysubaru25
04-12-2004, 10:09 PM
Some of the rooms were really bad, but the rooms staffers got were awesome. I think that for me is another reason to want to be a staffer.

LOL! You would think, right? But don't be so sure that *ALL* staffers got great rooms. I was staff, and mine was an absolute peice of crap. It kind of actually reminded me of my apartment. Especially the bathroom. (Which, apparently, says a thing or two about my apartment...) I could barely FIT into my hotel bathroom when I had my costume on... it sure made doing makeup a challenge.

But in the end, I was actually GLAD to have the room in the first place. Since the hotel would up *cancelling* my room. Yes. I said CANCELLING my room. After a seven hour drive, I was forced to deal with this crap. When I asked why, the front desk staff said that it was because we arrived late (11pm on Thursday.) They said that they thought we were no shows since we arrived after 9pm. I told them that they never warned me about that on the email confirmation I was sent. Then they wound up finding me a room. (I mean, a closet.) I was supposed to have 2 beds- since I made my reservation in *NOVEMBER*- and my roommate and I were forced to sleep on a Queen. That was a pretty bad experience.

Then the hotel added a $15 phone charge to my room after I called down to the desk and they told me a local call would cost fifty cents. I had a talk with the desk staff, and the charge got dropped.

And I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought the hotel's heat was dry. I was so sick from dehydration all weekend. Headaches and nagging thirst for a greater part of the con, and full-out ill Saturday into Saturday night.

Needless to say, I'm glad that AB is moving to the Hynes center next year. I would never stay at the Park Plaza again unless absolutely FORCED to.

AnnaNeko
04-12-2004, 11:11 PM
~the ph34red baka~mallet ...handle started falling apart
*snicker* I think part of it gots lost in dealers room, and another part somewhere in lobby
~losing my ring on friday [[thank g0d my friend found it later!]]
~finally discovering Artists Alley.... saturday night.... when I was already broke *weeps* i wanted a genki hat

demonpotato
04-12-2004, 11:18 PM
someone stole my bag o' sentiments..

AlikNyankoChan
04-12-2004, 11:56 PM
*laughs* The hotel rooms were great. Large or small. Allthough, when I walked into my room, I was wondering if that tunnel was going to turn into a room or a closet...also, the weird light switches outside the bathroom and closet...I'm so used to it being right inside the door somewhere. But the closet we go was cool cause you could sleep in it.
But there wasn't any full length mirrors in the room...I really need to use those things to adjust my outfits/costumes. But there were ones by the elevators, so that worked out *relatively* okay.
My complaint is the stairs being so damn weird...they don't have a single flight that goes from top to bottom. Also that f-ing fire alarm on Saturday...I wanted to sleep in for another hour or two. They should have announced it was a non-emergency about 10 times faster. Very, very angry, tired Alik.

Then the front desk cancelled all our cards to the room 3 hours early on sunday, and we went to the front desk to get the reactivated...that was annoying, but not kill-worthy.

Too many steal-happy freaks at this convention...people's stuff was dissapearing left and right, you would just turn your back for 2 minutes and POOF, gone....
...sickoes.

Yeah, the hotel was a little dry, but managable cause I drank enough, and had chapstick.

~Alik

Jubie-Chan
04-13-2004, 12:31 AM
my room. Shit the damned shower had no pressure! I was wearing shorts i needed to shaved, instead I cut up my legs...
My dad getting deadly sick.
The masquerade. I only had a sausage sandwhich (half) and a hashbrown (half) at 10am and because of the masquerade our group didn't get to eat until 7 when it started. (my dad got us pizza) and then we stood up the whole time just to see it! (we were group #66) and on top of that when we went up we could bearly pull off the skit cause of no microphone. I think all anyone heard was "like your a real blonde." and "heero is the prettiest." but we were Gundam Wing. We didn't need to speak xD. We really didn't mind though because we figured out the skit 2 hours before we went on.
Trowa (Hannah) at the end had a head ach and so did I but she had it worse and if it wasn't for the Asuka Cosplayer she'd have died.
The dance... oi people don't dance with wings.
My poor sword kept crashing into everyone thing/and one it's beat up now ;_;
I had a a scar of losing my badge at McDonalds and forgetting half my costume at home.
and I have to say this was the best convention xD you go to the BAAF and it turns out that way. I just think in my case the goods out weighed the bad.

AnnaNeko
04-13-2004, 12:35 AM
Too many steal-happy freaks at this convention...people's stuff was dissapearing left and right, you would just turn your back for 2 minutes and POOF, gone....

wow, really?
I guess I got real lucky!! I dumped my bag on table in middle of lobby & was running around all over taking pictures, and each time I'd return to my bag still being there safe and sound

Alisa
04-13-2004, 12:41 AM
I missed pre-reg, so I decided to just come on Saturday and get a castle pass. Well, before that, I wasn't sure about how things were working schedule wise and such, so I decided to check out the hotel and ask for info. I am not from around the area (just visiting Boston for my sister during my Spring Break) so I didn't expect to stay at the convention very long in the first place.

When I walked in Friday evening, the castle had just closed, so I just checked out the cosplayers in the hotel. I was just wearing what I usually wear and three people asked to take my picture. I wasn't wearing a costume. On Saturday, I wore my Tohsaka Rin (Fate/Stay Night) costume (I didn't expect anyone was really going to recognize me anyway) costume and it was like I was completely invisible. Very funny and odd at the same time I think. Maybe if I hadn't forgotten my hairbows it would have looked more like a costume maybe. I don't believe I looked all to well, since I wasn't feeling well, that could have also been another reason why I was ignored. Ah well, besides that, I also kept on getting shocked by touching the doors and what not in the hotel (As mentioned before, the hotel has some static electricity issues)

Waiting in line to get into the castle was a little annoying. I kept on getting in line where everyone around me was smoking. I don't have anything against people smoking, but I am not too fond of second hand smoke, makes me get sick, puke, and junk.

The merchandise wasn't what I was quite hoping for. Indeed, there was a lot of stuff, but not the stuff I usually look for when I go to a convention. I have only been to ACEN, so this may have been my problem. I'm spoiled. There wasn't that much non-licensed anime merchandise. I only found very little stuff, besides the Full Metal Alchemist Stuff, but that stuff is majorly popular. I settled for some cute Stellvia things.

I ended up getting a throbbing headache and I felt like I was going to pass out, so in the afternoon I rode the T back to my sister's place to zonk out on her couch for five hours. I was going to go back and wear my Shia-chan outfit, but I still felt pretty sick, so I didn't leave my sister's place.

*not quite what I was hoping for. Maybe next time, if I go to Anime Boston next year, I will have a better experience.

General_Beatrix
04-13-2004, 01:03 AM
Nobuteru Yuuki cancelling and me going to the escaflowne pannel and staring at the empty chair he was supposed to be in, lol.

Jun_Kazama
04-13-2004, 01:06 AM
The hotel kinda sucked. The rooms were ridiculously small (how we fit 10 people into our room and had space left over was a mystery). It was really really hot in the hotel too.
The bathroom sinks were wicked retarded. wtf?!
I don't like the fact that it was so small i guess. I'm used to big open spaces like at acen and otakon and whatnot, its not that i don't like small spaces, i just like things spread out more like at bigger cons b/c thats what I'm used to.
And we ran out of toilet paper >o<

A lot of the stuff in the dealer's room was way over priced.

TheAnarCHris
04-13-2004, 01:31 AM
The hotel was hot as hell and it made the convention REEK!

The lack of properly working facults and showers sucked ass.

Losing our 2 bed room to staffers sucks as well.

So did the hotel and it's staff.

Yuki Eiri
04-13-2004, 01:41 AM
You know.. Now that I think of it.. Here's something interestingly cruddy that almost happened..

I had my bag o' stuff, and I also had a camera in hand.. Well I saw a shuichi and just HAD to take a picture.. SO, i asked permission and set hte bag down.. The moment I did, someone grabbed it! Thankfully I saw it and kind of looked at them, and they apologized and set it down, saying they thought it was theirs. >.> Weird... I had literally JUST pulled my hand off of it, and it was laying against my leg.. Yeah.. Try to steal my stuff >< But it was spared, thank god..

Jewlee
04-13-2004, 10:22 AM
The hotel room was really cramped and outdated. Our double room had two bathrooms and two double beds. We only had two people in there on Friday and 3 on Saturday/Sunday. We had backwater come up both sinks the whole time and the phones never worked. I was very polite to the hotel staff and I could tell they were less than sympathetic. I won't stay there again unless I have no other choice. I'm beginning to think "Historic" is one of those code words like ‘charming’ or ' cute'.
grrr :untrust:

My rant is so long it would take up too much space. I'll post a link to it when I get done composing it. heheh.

The hotel did wind up compensating me, but that was only because I asked them to. I could understand some of the problems people were having, but with only 3 guests in a room the stay should of been much more pleasant.

I forgot to add: I lost my Yuki Plushie... I bought him 2 weeks before the con and I think I dropped him in the mall or in the Artist Alley. I was pretty depressed. Pure Stupidity on my part. Oh well - I bought a lot of cells to make up for it..heh.

number18
04-13-2004, 11:49 AM
Wow, you know, I had no problems with my room pertaining to uncleanliness or broken stuffs. My boyfriend and I and two other people were on staff, so we had a spacious room, I suppose. I didn't really stay in it much. One thing everyone should remember is that this is a historical hotel. It's not an excuse for small rooms, but just a reminder, I guess.

What went wrong for me at the con? Well, I hitched a ride with 2 friends down to the hotel Thursday night. Being staff, we should've gotten there EARLY, or at least my boyfriend who was security. But we ended up arriving at 9:15. My boyfriend got the shaft on the security schedule and spent every day from 10 to 6 standing around doing things like line control. :/ I'm grateful he got to have some time in the dealer's room, but not 8 hours worth. He had brought his yu-gi-oh decks and had wanted to duel in the tournaments, but they were always over by the time he was finished. He didn't really get to see anything, and it kinda sucked, being his first convention. I feel responsible for his not-so-great time. I should've known not to let him be security staff, I guess. :/

Myself, I was on newsletter staff. A fun job, but on thursday night, when the free printer we'd acquired was spewing out toner and busted to hell, we had to find a kinko's to print up at LEAST the schedule for the con. The articles for Friday's newsletter had to be scrapped, and we stayed up to about 3:30am at Kinko's with Matt from purchasing for the damn thing.

Really, I didn't have a bad time at all. I think I had higher expectations though.
I didn't really enjoy the AMV contest. I didn't get to hang out with anyone at ALL and spent the whole convention by myself almost. My boyfriend had a bad time. I was tired. The hotel had it's AC on or something on Saturday and it was cold. Not many people recognized the other #18 outfit I was wearing Saturday, other DBZ fans included. The retarded fangirls SCREAMING at ANYTHING on screen during the AMV contest winners really pissed me off. I shoulda watched it from my hotel room. Too exhausted by Saturday night to successfully play DDR or anything else.

However, I got a lot of nice goodies in the dealer's room, free food, a weekend away from my mundane life, and a chance to just be on my own. Not a terrible time, but not the fantastic time I was expecting...

EeriMule
04-13-2004, 02:42 PM
being tucked away in the farthest reaches of the con really sucked for those of us in the artist's alley. our traffic was really low, and many never made it to our little broom closet. overall we felt really unappreciated.

Lafiel
04-13-2004, 03:37 PM
My bad Experience..

I have to admit I was a little depressed that I didn't get to go around and get to take pictures of cosplayers and get my picture taken as well because I was watching the Art show the whole weekend to make sure it ran smoothly. I could have left I guess, hopefully next year will be better if I end up being in charge of the art show again.

Feels like I missed a lot of stuff :(

Carrot Glace
04-13-2004, 05:12 PM
My only bad experience was when I was supposed to leave late saturday night. Apparently the valet at the parking garage left the keys in the glove compartment of my car, so when I went to pick it up, the guard that was there said that the keys weren't there with him. I ended up having to wait until 11am the following morning when the valets were coming back. Unfortunately, I had to pay an extra 40 dollars.

TyJILDown
04-13-2004, 08:28 PM
Ugh, seriously, this hotel was a pain this year. I was already pissed off LAST year they screwed up my room...then they did it again THIS year.

They assured us that our Executive King would be the one with the sofabed like I had last year since we did list we were having 4 people in our room in advance(well, we had more but said 4 to get the sofabed as well!)...get to the room and there's a King size bed and TWO bathrooms. Call up the desk and they tell us they sold out Thursday...very nice of them to tell us while we were at the desk. While on the topic of bathrooms, I never had such HORRID waterpressure EVER! And having the two bathrooms in one room, they were incredibly small and we couldn't change in them with the space that was in there...so that became a privacy concern especially with no locks on the door and people banging into the door while attempting to change.

Due to the room mess up, we had to get a cot to make up for it. Took us to call them THREE times in order to get the cot - ended up the hotel never put the cot on our bill when we checked out so I shall shut up there but they screwed up yet again.

Then trying to get pillows and blankets to make up for the lack of bed space for everyone. We waited for 2 hours, 5 calls later we finally got to leave our room.

Overall the staff was just rude, I don't remember it being so bad last year but I am happy we don't have to deal with them again next year. I rather give my business elsewhere.

Oh yea, random rant...lovely part was the cosplayer puking behind us when we were checking in...I already got puked on at Katsucon and I just wanted to scream when I looked behind me.

demonpotato
04-13-2004, 09:24 PM
My friend had his bag taken. At first, I was sure that it would be turned in. I knew the community of people would not let him suffer! But all of a sudden...the last day of the con came and my friend went home without his bag, his camcorder, his hat, and alot of his memories. This took my strong sense of community down a notch. I am so disappointed that it happened that way. Stealing from a person is far worse than stealing from a store.

I still believe in the community of fans. And I am glad to help out my comrades. I wish someone would have helped us out this past weekend.

makonurikoryoko
04-13-2004, 10:06 PM
Ok well we got in a minor accident on the way there and got lost getting in the city, then after waiting to get our room we got there to find one bed in a tiny room and we bitched to the hotel to no avail. We had to squish 5 people in the room >_< It sucked! It was also on the skanky side which made me sad because the last time I stayed in Boston I had a stunning hotel room that was super spacious and lovely. But anyway, Other than that I didn't see too many of the cosplayers around. I guess people were hiding in video rooms like i was alot of the time. I was a lil sad that the masquerade was just a ton of walk ons and the tech staff could have used some help it seems!! I woulda helped! lol Other than that it was alright. I think it will be better when it moves to the con center.

When I cosplayed Guu no one knew who I was supposed to be. I was a little dissapointed.

Aww If I saw you I would have been sure to attack you for a picture!!

AlikNyankoChan
04-14-2004, 12:25 AM
our room never got the extra blanket and pillows we asked for...bah...But that didn't bother me all that much.

~Alik

neoangelwink
04-14-2004, 12:54 AM
we got loss litte bit be to get the con. the hotel also screwed us over on the room a bit. we ask for a 2 bed room but they gave it way to the staff! we got a room size of closeit and one bed. for 6-7 peep! that was very coszy. the con got boring a round 6-8 there was nothing really to do on friday but dance was great thought!. i didnt like idea of dealer foom being outside the con. they ketp chang time panel so never got to the plushy workshop.
i was sick all throw the con. ummm too many walk on in cospaly. cantreally talk thought ^_^, hehe but good show any way.
umm the con was too much of a maze. they need simpler floor pattern!!!!! im gwtting very tired of this cons that too many floors.
but in all i give anime bostion a 2 out of 5.

chocoborancher
04-14-2004, 01:09 AM
Believe me, it wasn't my cup of tea either...And I was on staff.

First off, the hotel misplaced one of my staffer's hotel accomidations, so he got ticked off and left. (leaving my department one staffer short)

Second, the hotel was so dry that I kept getting fried with static electricity. (not fun after the 100th time it happens)

Third, During the power mishap on Sunday, the access codes for my hotel room got messed up and couldn't get it fixed at the front desk as their computers went down. They had to go elsewhere for the recoding.

Fourth, Working in a department with only 2 people stinks, I got stuck doing most of the work. If it wasn't for my other camera operator, I probably would have gone insane.

Fifth, For those whom watched the cosplay on the hotel TV's, There were many reasons for poor editing, Mostly due to not being able to see the stage and not having notes (that I later found out Tech overlooked my existance when they told masq. staff that they were all set)

Most of these items will be resolved in 2005 as we're not returning to the Boston Park Plaza Hotel..

Only 380 days, 10 hours, 50 minutes, and 58 seconds Until Anime Boston 2005!

Mystic Blossom
04-14-2004, 12:24 PM
I had a walkie-talkie to keep contact with my friend, which I lost on Saturday. I went to the con's lost-and-found and they said that it was probably gone forever. Well, thank you very much. Then I went to the concierge desk, and someone had found it! And returned it and everything! And I got it back! Albeit, 5 minutes before I left on Sunday, but someone had a heart to return it! THank you whoever you are!

I didn't have a problem with stuff getting stolen. i left my stuff alone lots of times in the lobby and it was all fine and dandy. I didn't have many bad experiences at this con...one reason being I stayed a a different hotel. But was it just me, or did Anime Boston seem really small? The last con I had gone to was BAAF 2003, and well, maybe I'm just doing this by comparison, but BAAF had like, 7 floors of stuff open! AB had a grand total of two, not including the castle.

yukitoLeonheart
04-14-2004, 05:39 PM
UGH, first off, sticking things on the 4th floor was not fair for a lot of people. Second, although the castle was gorgeous scenery, it was just weird having to go over there to wait in line (although I didn't because of staff stuff, too). The elevators as always got REALLY overworked, the hotel lighting was like so dim. I felt bad that I couldn't get decent shots. I was so stressed. I should of really gotten a flash and taken Jils advice.

I was reallllly upset that I didn't get enough photos, and I felt like I could of done more but I was still learning. Also, I wanted to cheer a lot more people up and I don't think I did the best job. I wanted to get all the pretears together, and I Was upset we couldn't. I felt just bad like I didn't do enough. Also, I didn't buy flowers, I was going to give them to the 9 people I knew in the masquerade (Anna's group, Aer, Michelles Alien 9 group, and a few others).

andiebear13
04-14-2004, 06:08 PM
no one... i mean no one knew who the heck i was. very disheartening to stay up all night before finishing a costume that no one would recognize. i literally got 5 minutes of sleep before Jenni came to get me. and then no one knew i was paine because i didn't have the time or supplies to make my hair look paine-ish. everyone musta thought i was rikku cuz i'm a bleach blonde! so my worst experience was deff when everyone recognized all my friends and asked for their pics, but no one recognized me and i was kinda just... there... :(

Jewlee
04-14-2004, 06:54 PM
awww..
Not being recognized:
That stinks! I'm sorry. People were doing that to me too :( My fiancé' was Kyo from FB and he got hugged. There were some other FB cosplayers and I asked to have a group photo.. when we all huddled together they didn't know why I was trying to get in the picture :lost: . I finally just told them who I was..

I did have fun though! That's the most important thing right? :)
I loved my cloak and I didn't think I was that off looking. I can’t wear my contacts for long, so wearing my glasses probably threw it off a bit.
I’ll post pics soon.
Thanks!
Jewlee

MaidenJenni
04-14-2004, 09:20 PM
I'm sowwy AndieBear. Next year we will all be better prepaired for it. Actually, very few recongnized my trainer rikku, or if they did it was overshadowed by saki's Paine or Chibirinoa's warrior Yuna.
surprisingly, more poeple asked what my dress was supposed to be than my Rikku costume...

CelsiWish
04-14-2004, 09:45 PM
I only had one, but it kinda made me feel inferior to like...everyone. Some guy was trying to get by me when I was talking to someone in the reception line, and he pushed me to the side and said "Hey Batman get the F*** out of my way!" AND I WAS DRESSED AS WHR TOO ;_;.... *was her first year cosplaying and now feels really bad*

HeeroJF
04-14-2004, 10:52 PM
Bad things:
- Baggage-check not free
- Having to carry around my luggage with me most of Friday morning and afternoon
- Having to wait until 5:00 on Friday to get in the room
- Having pieces of my Skull Kid costume break
- Missing the Zelda photoshoot
- Not wearing my Aburatsubo costume because the wand broke
- Having most of my friends get sick on Friday evening
- Not being able to attend the dance on Friday because I felt sick myself
- Missing the yaoi showing on Saturday night because I didn't have my ID with me
- Still not having found a girlfriend

But apart from that, I had a great time! No, I really did. Being with my Endless Waltz group on Saturday was a blast.

Laura92
04-14-2004, 11:03 PM
although for the most part, I loved AB...

those fake fire alarms on saturday weren't fun. Especially while folding TONS of paper cranes.

There were too many Lulu's. I felt really bad because everyone else was in a big FFX group and I was all by myself..so none of my pictures are surfacing anywhere. :(

It was WAYYYY too hot in there.

The water in the hallways tasted like coffee because some people are too stupid to clean out the damn things when coffee's been in them! (although I love coffee)

The dealers room line was nuts! But once i got in it was fabulous.

My Lulu outfit belts kept breaking...T-T but expect a better and far superior lulu for next year...she's my token cosplay.

The elevators sucked. Badly.

Other than that, everything was fine!

Ranma Saotome
04-15-2004, 10:48 AM

I saw you and knew who you were, but I didn't have time to get a pic... I think I was having a fanboy moment. ^^;

zealousquiche
04-19-2004, 08:05 AM
Not many people recognized the other #18 outfit I was wearing Saturday, other DBZ fans included.

Sorry 18! I was Videl with my husband, Mr. Satan. I think you got our pic. We did notice that you had the other outfit on that 18 wears. It was really cute! But we didn't see you Friday to see you had wore something different prior. So sorry! :blubber:

My bad experiences:
My sister and her husband's room was a closet but they weren't cosplaying so it wasn't a big deal. My husband's and my room was a nice BIG room with a king size bed which was good for us since we did cosplay so we could spread our stuff around. The water pressure for the shower was stinko tho. I think too many ppl were trying to get clean all at once. :P

Elevators! OMG! too many ppl trying to get in at once. Sunday when we were checking out, we were on the 10th floor and someone from the 8th floor was trying to get to her flight (some snobbish business woman) so even tho our elevator car was FULL she demanded to get in! She ended up KICKING the guy near the front so he'd move over and let her in. He was like "LADY! PLEASE STOP!" and she said "You weren't moving over! There's plenty of room here! That's just how it goes!" *stupid b$%&!* At least she didn't assult any of my friends or family or I would have shared words with her...

I must say I didn't really like the idea of having a new schedule everyday of the con. That was confusing and didn't allow me to plan my next day. I know where staff was coming from trying to be creative and have articles from the previous day with pics and stuff, but I didn't really dig it. A nice set schedule for the whole weekend would have sufficed for me.

And I sooo wanted to go to the Saturday dance but i was too tired by 11pm so i just ended up going to sleep. *i'm getting so old! lol* But the good part was that since I was so tired I apparently didn't hear how noisy our hotel neighbors were. My husband didn't get to sleep until 3am because the Macross/Robotech otaku next to us didn't go to sleep and shut up until 3am!

So those are my gripes. Other than that, I had a good time. :)

number18
04-19-2004, 09:59 AM
Sorry 18! I was Videl with my husband, Mr. Satan. I think you got our pic. We did notice that you had the other outfit on that 18 wears. It was really cute! But we didn't see you Friday to see you had wore something different prior. So sorry! :blubber:
God, you guys had amazing costumes. We were all giddy about them on the DBZ Cosplay thread in the anime cosplay forums. I feel stupid for not having the mind to talk to you guys more...though you did seem like you were on your way somewhere. AMAZING costumes! :waaaah: By the time I saw you guys, I was wishing I had told the other DBZ cosplayers to meet somewhere for a group photo. It would have been so cool! And oh, I do have the pic I took of you guys in my DBZ LOL cosplay folder. :rockon: (Feel free to take them and put them in your gallery)

I must say I didn't really like the idea of having a new schedule everyday of the con. That was confusing and didn't allow me to plan my next day. I know where staff was coming from trying to be creative and have articles from the previous day with pics and stuff, but I didn't really dig it. A nice set schedule for the whole weekend would have sufficed for me.
The new schedules every day were, I believe, just revised schedules. The Friday newsletter was JUST schedules for the con weekend...and that happened cause our million-year-old printer that we had gotten for the newsletter died on us. We spent all the time we should've spent writing up articles and such on trying to get this printer to work. Eventually, we realized the Friday newsletter had to be scraped and we at least had to get the con schedule out there. We took the damn job to Kinko's, and I didn't get back to my hotel room till 3:30 that night. Barf.

Recca-sama
04-24-2004, 09:13 PM
well even though I really enjoyed anime Boston, there were times when i did things I wish i didn't, or something got on my nerves.
First, my digital camera wasn’t working on Friday
Second, on Friday I came with a friend who dressed up as Kenshin. But the thing is that a bunch of people including her, kept following me around. It got pretty annoying because all I wanted to do was hang around in the main lobby or just wander aimlessly back and forth between the rooms. Thing is it was kinda hard to walk around because the the group of people coming with me. So I tried ditching some of them in the Artist alley so that Tori (Kenshin) and I could just hang out. But it was hard to shake the boys off. Finnally I was able to ditch them only to have Tori hurt her foot. She was in a lot of pain and I kept trying to make her take a rest in the Artist Alley (all my buds were up there) while I go off by myself. But she just wouldn’t stop walking. It was painful to watch. When we finnally got into the dealers room, all the stuff was the same. There wasn’t much stuff that was different and all the things I wanted to buy were sold out. Well when the party was about to get started I had to leave because my only ride home was leaving around 3pm.
Third, when I finnaly got a spot in the Artist Alley on Saturday (my friend left her table early) I was only able to sell my stuff for less than two hours because I had to go to the mascurade. NO ONE BOUGHT ANY OF MY ART!! Well I really didn’t care but I was upset about it because my mom had wasted 5 hours printing out all my pictures and making them all pretty and stuff in folders. She was really into me selling my artwork. I probably didn’t sell anything because my art sucks compared to Maria’s (zombiehunter). Lol
Fourth, I ended up showing up late for the mascurade check in and they nearly deleated me from the show. But in the end they were able to put me back in again. So during the break before the mascurade I ran to the bathroom with a bunch of other cosplayers. But the bathrooms were packed at it took me about 10 mins just to get inside and fix my hair.
When the mascurade opened everyone came in and I leaned over the balcony watching. It was a lot of fun. The waiting in line to go onto stage made me really nervous and excited. But some one kept telling me to get away from the lights. Screw the damn equiptment I was nowhere near it! Geez… when I finnally stepped on stage I had no skit planned but I spun around and began to dance. Then I walked off stage because I spent enough time embarressing myself. I also did the chicken dance with Yuki in the balcony. That was nuts… I think I scared the poor Yuki though ^^; sorry Yuki… During the music videos I was dancing also…
After that I was soo pumped I wanted to go to the dance, and dance allll nightttt longgggg. But I couldn’t so I spent an hour at the dance swinging glowsticks (hate to brag but I am pretty damn good with glowsticks XD) until I was distracted and nearly knocked myself out with one. I tried to hide in the crowd, somewhere between a dancing Miroku and halloween Sora. It was fun intil the guy giving me a ride home dragged me out of the hotel. I DIDN”T WANT TO LEAVE! :cries:
Next year I am defently going to spend all night at the dances!

...ok i kinda told all my good times too but oh well...

Shuichi_red
05-06-2004, 08:24 AM
I'd have to say that my bad experience was at the Saturday night dance when a random Duo ran up and kissed me... That was SO weird...

Jubie-Chan
05-07-2004, 06:59 PM
I'd have to say that my bad experience was at the Saturday night dance when a random Duo ran up and kissed me... That was SO weird...

Saturday night? eeks... Probably one of mine xD

Shuichi_red
05-11-2004, 02:11 PM
One of your Duos or one of your bad experiencs, too? O.o I know there were, like, 7 Duos there... One of them snogged my friend who was dressed as Heero... That was interesting to say the least...

rei_hino
05-11-2004, 09:29 PM
I didn't have much bad, it's just that the elevators were a pain because it was either full of other cosplayers or people actually at the hotel. At one point, we actually ended up on the highest floor (I think was 15)so that we were in the hotel part of the hotel and we we're wondering "Okay, how the hell did we get here?" . I guess people just kept pushing in their numbers and stuff and it just got higher and higher. . .anyway, on the last floor, some guy (40 year old man) comes on and keeps talking to us. I'm thinking (oh crap, and we have a way to go. . we're on the higest floor, need to get to four. . .* and I keep my eye on him also. He asks us questions like "so what is this thing? How is it? " and he asked "Do you guys live far away or around here?" I said "Faraway!" right away but my frind had to blurt out that she lived in Boston. . .

Jubie-Chan
05-12-2004, 07:04 AM
probably one of my Duo's I meant. We seemed to attract most of the gundam wing cosplayers (and one happy fan girl)

Shuichi_red
05-12-2004, 08:00 AM
Then you probably attracted my friends. They were Heero, Trowa, and Wufei. I guess Trowa was leading Heero around by a leash or something. ^^'

HeeroJF
05-27-2004, 11:29 PM
One of your Duos or one of your bad experiencs, too? O.o I know there were, like, 7 Duos there... One of them snogged my friend who was dressed as Heero... That was interesting to say the least...

What I the Duo doing the snogging?

Jubie-Chan
05-29-2004, 08:17 PM
i met them friday morning! xD i think their were only two of us Wufeis

o_o i don't think i saw any snogging. xD does sound like something you would do, JF.

The Xenos
06-08-2004, 12:08 AM
A friend of mine had a fun bad experience. He was in the dealer's room when he ran into an Usopp cosplayer again. He noticed Usopp had an Usopp puppet doll and asked him where got it because my friend wanted the Chopper one. He directed my friend over to a far corner of the dealers room and my friend headed over. Meanwhile another friend saw Usopp hightailing it to teh toehr end of the dealers room. My friend found there were no such puppets at the store he was directed to. When he found the store that had the puppets they were sold out and he found out an Usopp had bought the rest of the ones they had. He screamed out, "Usopp lied to me!" He just couldn't be mad at the cosplayer though as he just fit the character so nicely. Ha! Plus he found the Chopper puppet elsewhere and has a funny story behind it.

-Xenos

yukitoLeonheart
06-08-2004, 12:31 AM
That Usopp is an amazing one, actually he is one of the best if not the best. I love his nose, and he even has multiple outfits and the hammer, bag, everything. He can reallllllly get into character. One of the nicest guys ever though when he is just relaxing and not being like USOPP HAMMER!

The Xenos
06-12-2004, 01:36 AM
Yeah. No hard feelings at all. It was mainly funny as hell. Actually, they'll likey meet up again at Anime Next as my other roomate is going as Luffy again. I myself won't be making it down there though.

Gosh damn, I wish I saw you. Last time I saw Guu cosplayers was last Otakon. I was temped to go as Clive, or at least last year I was. My hair was too long this year and I really didn't want to cut it. Clive would be cheap though as I just happen to have black shirts, kahki pants, and a white lab coat. Plus I can use the excuse he's the dark haired Clive from later on. I could always have porn stuff in my lab coat to be more in character. (Kidding.)

-Xenos

Moller
06-19-2004, 11:01 PM
i saw a basket of easter candy and i said to my friend who i was with 'oh boy candy i havnt eaten anything since like yesterday" come on people whos really going to buy into that store? I was just saying it because i was really hungry and some chick on the staff started screaming at me to go eat because "we wont stand for you suing the medical aid when you pass out!!" ......wtf? She really made me mad just because shes was so rude and it was none of her bussinse.

OnnanoOtaku
07-12-2004, 09:38 PM
My complaint would have to be the stairs...there were too many and were tiring to climb in costume time after time. Especially so because I had been sick a few weeks before the con and wasn't yet fully recovered. I'm surprised to hear that so many people had unpleasant experiences - I found most everything to be just fine. But then again, I didn't stay in the hotel...

katana of blood
07-27-2004, 08:03 AM
how about when all the alarms were going off in the whole building??? I was on the mezzanine level and everyone was charging down the stairs while I was going up. I was getting hit in the face with wings, staffs, swords, and everything. Also, during that time I had been seperated from all my friends and they were completely freaked out that day even though it was the best day for me. I don't think they ever totally forgave me for that, but they had all left me alone in the video game dungeon and we didn't find each other until about 6 hours later. -_-;;

niphrodel
08-09-2004, 03:02 PM
Trowa (Hannah) at the end had a head ach and so did I but she had it worse and if it wasn't for the Asuka Cosplayer she'd have died.

^_^ I'm so glad I was able to help!

Mina DeSade
08-11-2004, 02:00 PM
The elevators!
I was half naked, and always getting jammed between people because I'm sort of tiny and apparently invisible.
I should have just cleared the way with the big stick I had ^_^
People act like you're wicked rude when you say "This one's full." When the limit has already been hit.
I understand the frusteration though, sometimes it took almost 15 minutes just of one to come by...
Yeah, that's my only bad experience I think......

HeeroJF
08-12-2004, 08:29 PM
^_^ I'm so glad I was able to help!

We luv you!

Mibuzen
08-19-2004, 12:45 AM
Crispin Freeman and his Mythology panel made me depressed because of some of the things he talked about and the way he stated certain things.

hailo
09-18-2004, 08:52 PM
The masquerade set up sucked! I was Lulu from FFX, and my belt skirt got completely destroyed from going up and down those go damn stairs so many freaking times! I was so pissed off that i wanted to cry. Plus the masquerade was at such an inconvient time that I didn't get to eat until after it was done, pluse it was so hot in there that the boning in my corset melted and now i have to re-make it!

the elevators sucked too. my friend was dressed as wedding yuna, and being kept running into her wings and stepping on her dress. people kept stepping on me too, and it made me really sad. i put 22 1/2 hours worth of work in painting the trim on my Lulu skirt and people stepped on it.

I had good room accomodations, but it was way to dry in the hotel. Plus i found the overall feel of the staff to be rude and un sympathetic! The hotel staff was very rude (not nearly as bad as Otakon though). we had so much stuff we had to dedicate nearly a whole room to it. >< i'm glad that AB is moving into a convention center next year. it will solve SO many problems.