PDA

View Full Version : Things you love in skits

Xanthe Kelsylva
04-12-2004, 04:54 PM
Another one of my opposite thread things :) In response to "things you hate in skits", this is a place to list things you love in skits and stories about your favorite skit ever.

One thing I love is when someone sings one of my favorite songs, such as "Thesis of a Cruel Angel" really well.

Scortia
04-12-2004, 07:08 PM
Creativity... not relying on old jokes.....

... but then... if you can make a yaoi and/or yuri joke that isn't blatantly obvious I'm all for it

... skits that are well thought out and require motion and speaking that is rehearsed

... jokes that are related to the con or the area or otaku

... really good crossovers

... skits that make serious anime and characters look totally ridiculous

Anne Packrat
04-12-2004, 07:12 PM
Short, sweet, and understandable even if you don't know the series / etc. being cosplayed. And be original.

Nine
04-12-2004, 09:05 PM
- Short. Even if the limit is 2 minutes, 1 minute skits can be really awesome, and I sure enjoy skits that are short.
- To the point. One thing that I hate in skits is when the preformers drag their skit to get to the point. I like skits that are easy, that don't drag, and get to the point fast.
- Originality. If I see one more Yatta! skit, one more Yuna dancing the summoners dance, etc., I will scream. Original skits are awesome.
- Generic jokes. Even if I don't know the character being cosplayed, if jokes are based of things that are known to all, then I find it funny. No anime based jokes.
- Singing/Dancing. Only if the person dancing or singing can dance or sing though.

*shrugs* lol

Eleryth
04-12-2004, 09:42 PM
Definitely humor. Especially when I don't have to know the series inside out and backward to understand it. Who doesn't like laughing? :)
Prerecorded skits. Without it, no one past the front 2 rows can hear you (the cons I have attened do not give entrants a mic).
Short and sweet. 3 minutes? Who the heck needs three minutes for a masq entry? Now, if it's a skit competetion, that's different.
When it shows that the entries have practiced - their lip synching lines up, the dancing is good, it doesn't look confused, they're on time, etc.
When there's a good number of people, so the stage doesn't look crowded, with 10 or 12 costumes vying for my attention. I personally think 5 or 6 is a good max number.

That's all I can think of for now. I can't think of the skits that I really remember that well, cuz I was usually in the green room...

Psychotic Jei
04-13-2004, 02:41 AM
Not so much short skits....but good usage of time. Personally I'm extremely fickle about things like that....but eh.

Ali
04-13-2004, 06:23 PM
Lack of dialogue. Actions speak louder than words, and, in masqs, moreso. It's difficult to catch all of the lines, and, even if I hear them, I'm not likely to be able to remember them to relate them to any one else when describing the skit. Not to say that skits with lines are bad, but I adore skits that are simply made up of choreographed moves. They're easy to follow. ^_^

Yuuki
04-14-2004, 02:10 AM
I think one of the things I love to see up on stage - especially in a short period of time - is dance. If done right, a dance can perfectly present the story trying to be convayed. Even if it's not expert jazz/ballet/tap/modern dance (which I love to watch), it could be something like simple modern dance can be just as effective - it doesn't have to have complicated steps, but instead expressions and jestures. The right music can make it just perfect.

Kokuu
04-14-2004, 10:56 PM
-Using pop culture references. Katsucon 10 had this FABULOUS skit that parodied "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" - Shounen Ai for the Shounen Guy. It was fantastic. Even though I didn't recognize all the characters, I thought it was hilarious, and it allows the majority of the audience to enjoy your skit.

-Skits that are funny- without purposely intending to be. I hate when people do slapstick skits just because they are trying to get a laugh.

-Skits that involve the audience. Some cons have rules against this, but if it's allowed I love skits where the audience can clap along, shout out stuff, etc...