PDA

View Full Version : New Colors and Appearance

Anele
04-12-2004, 11:07 PM
Hi Admin.

I was just wondering... what prompted the new color schemes and appearance of text (the screenname of users being the same sized as the other fonts) in the forums?

The new text appearance makes for a confusing read, methinks. I mean, I remember when the username was a bigger font size and in bold lettering, making it easier to differentiate between posters.

The new color schemes make the boards feel a bit different and weird. For example, I think the darker-color column (where you write your posts) should be the column where the user name is displayed. In other terms, the light/dark columns should be switched the opposite way. Because of the darker color of the post-area column, you can barely see the line underneath the thread / individual post title (see the top of my post for an example). Also, is the width of the username column wider? It seems a bit awkward, since the text of the post starts directly on the other side of the line (no space in between).

Just posting my opinion. Not in negativity or anything. ^_^

Admin
04-12-2004, 11:25 PM
The only colors that have changed on the forums are the icons, those are just the standard icons that came with the newest upgrade. I'm aware of the username thing and it's on tonight's todo list.

Anele
04-12-2004, 11:30 PM
Hmm... Are you certain the colors of the columns didn't change? Because if you look at some members who made the background colors of their icons or signatures to match the background of the two columns, the backgrounds of those images are either darker (for example, the icons), or lighter (the post area) than they were before. For one example, look at the username Yin, a friend of mine, who was talking to me about this earlier.