PDA

View Full Version : Anime Fans are a Community

demonpotato
04-13-2004, 09:22 PM
That is how I have always felt about it. Ever since I can remember fans were always coming together. Where else can you randomly talk to so many people and enjoy so much with strangers. But no one feels like a stranger. A community dedicated to helping eachother.
Anime Boston was one of the best and well run conventions I have been too. And the community was strong at times.

However, I witnessed people stealing from the dealer's room. It makes me very sad, not only do I talk with lots of the vendors, them being anime fans too...but stealing anime!? Come on, that is down right disrespectful.

Worst of all. My friend had his bag taken. At first, I was sure that it would be turned in. I knew the community of people would not let him suffer! But all of a sudden...the last day of the con came and my friend went home without his bag, his camcorder, his hat, and alot of his memories. This took my strong sense of community down a notch. I am so disappointed that it happened that way. Stealing from a person is far worse than stealing from a store.

I still believe in the community of fans. And I am glad to help out my comrades. I wish someone would have helped us out this past weekend.

Sweet~Pea
04-13-2004, 10:02 PM
Not all are as heartless as whoever did that horrible thing. I agree that, sure you don't know who all of these people are, but you shouldn't have to worry that someone's going to steal from you when you put sometihng down for a second. Although, most people I met this weekend were decent human beings. I'm very sorry that he lost his bag. Wish I could help more, but wasn't in that area when it happened.

Cheers
-Christa

ZiggyB
04-13-2004, 10:48 PM
I'm sorry about your problem, but please stop bringing this up over and over again. Contact the Anime Boston hotel and see if they've recovered it.

Anyway, this thread has nothing to do with Anime Boston, so it's off topic and I'll have to close this thread.