PDA

View Full Version : Acappella singing

Tenjou
04-14-2004, 06:36 PM
I'm contemplating entering the AnimeNEXT 2004 masquerade, but the only skit idea I think will work would be to sing acappella. If you have attended a con masquerade in the past and have seen this done before, please tell me what you liked and what the performer(s) could have improved. I will only have a tape for me to lip-synch to my own voice, since the original song is much too long and I can't play the guitar pieces for the song. Any help and input is very much appriciated. This will also be my first time entering any masquerade, so beginner's help would be cool too. Thanks guys!

Raine
04-16-2004, 07:30 PM
A capella, as long as it's done well, doesn't sound like a bad idea at all, though sprucing it up with maybe some (simple) choreography or other people doing it wouldn't hurt at all. =D

Sarcasm-hime
04-17-2004, 01:20 AM
As long as you're lip-synching to a recording it should be okay. The usual problem with acapella is that people try to sing onstage with no microphones or anything and nobody can hear them.

DDR Faery Spice
04-17-2004, 01:55 PM
Stage mics tend to suck, so lip-synching should be good. But the others are right: it's no fun just watching someone stand on stage and lip-synch. Choreography is DEFINITELY a good idea. Just make sure your costume can stand up to it. You get major points from veteran cosplayers when your outfit can withstand a lot of movement and still look good. ^^ Good Luck!

Tenjou
04-18-2004, 12:09 PM
thank you so much everyone! I'll definately take into consideration all of your wonderful tips and input. ^_^