PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Gundam

KaineMaxwell
11-19-2002, 07:32 AM
Of all the Gundam you've seen either English dubbed or subbed, which series, OAV or movie is your favoirtes?

Chimera_Zero
11-19-2002, 08:36 AM
I've have to say Gundam 08th Mobile Suit Team. I liked how it was more realistic compared to other Gundams IMHO.

Babbit_Chan
11-19-2002, 09:29 AM
I liked the Gundam Wing series best. Not because of all the bishounen running around, but the way the characters were written and their parts in the storyline.

Lovelyangel_81
11-19-2002, 09:38 AM
Gundam Wing Rules!!!!!!!!!!

Celine
11-19-2002, 10:16 AM
Gundam Wing. It had decent artwork and excellent characters. I also like the music. ^_^

RyuHayabusaDOA2
11-19-2002, 10:43 AM
The UC Gundam(0079-Char's Counterattack)

It was better than gundam wing...because it emphasized that war is hell, deep characterization and a griiping storyline. Plus it has the most awesome Suits, including Char's Sazabi and Amuro's Nu Gundam..

Little Known Fact: Gundam Wing is a thinly veiled storyline of the UC Saga.

and right now, G Gundam...Gundams beating the crap out of each other...gotta love that right? :P

Mako-san
11-19-2002, 05:04 PM
mmm thats hard to choose,
I really like Gundam 080th, but yeah Char's Counter Attack was really good!!!
My favorite all time Gundam is the GPO3, boy that thing has real power!!!
Second favorite is Master Gundam from G Gundam!! I love it when he is with his horse!!

Tenjou
11-19-2002, 05:06 PM
Gundam Wing. The storyline was more gripping for me than anything else. And more easier to understand XD

KaineMaxwell
11-19-2002, 05:12 PM
Char's Counterattack, 08th MS Team, G Gundam and Wing are my favs (that and those are the ones I've seen besides 0083 and MSG).

RyuHayabusaDOA2
11-19-2002, 05:14 PM
well, Tenjou-san, see the whole UC Gundam story and tell me, which Gundam storyline is more gripping....

Naru
11-19-2002, 05:25 PM
I like Gundum Wing the best! Duo is the bomb and i even have the beginning comic!!

RyuHayabusaDOA2
11-19-2002, 05:38 PM
okay..

I'm starting to dislike gundam wing more and more, the only thing I don't dislike are the Gundams themselves, but man, some characters needed to have characterization and the plot could've used more panache to it..

as for the UC Gundam, Yoshiyuki Tomino did it right and if you want to see how grim he can be, then watch Zeta Gundam...

Recca-kun
11-19-2002, 06:42 PM
I'm more of a Macross fan (Macross 7 is awesome), but I like what I've seen so far of Gundam Seed so that's my pick. :p :D

KaineMaxwell
11-19-2002, 06:59 PM
I have the 1st 14 Zeta episodes and I love them. Also just finished watching Char's Counterattack...WOW.

Yggdrasil Pie
11-19-2002, 07:14 PM
...Gundam 08th MS Team will forever be my favorite!

That's the only series that I wouldn't get tired watching over and over again! I only seen the series 3 times... but I wanna watch it again..hehe....

Sakura
11-19-2002, 07:41 PM
I've seen most of the all Gundam series by now and I still adore Gundam Wing... probably because the plot is more than just "WAR!!!!" and whatever ^^ plus, you can't go wrong with the bishounen. And my favorite MS is Deathscythe Hell.

Studmaster
11-19-2002, 07:53 PM
My Rankings.

Television Series

1) Turn A Gundam
2) Zeta Gundam
3) Gundam Wing
4) G-Gundam
5) Gundam X

OAV Series

1) Gundam 0080
1) Endless Waltz OAV
1) Gundam 08th MS Team
4) Gundam 0083

Movies (and the lowest Movie is 4.5 Stars IMO)

1) Gundam Trilogy
2) Char's Counterattack
3) Endless Waltz Movie.

Yet to see

V-Gundam
Formula 91
ZZ Gundam (Not looking foward to this)
Last Blitz of Zeon
Earth Light
Moonlight Butterfly
---
Ryu Hayabusa is correct though. Gundam Wing is a clone of the First UC Saga more or less, but it does have it's VERY orginial moments and twists. (OZ does NOT equal Titans)

However, the Gundam fandom is very Castrated. There are many people who hate Gundam Wing up to the point of insanity IMO, and the same goes for Wingers as well (who can be really stupid, and a Winger is someone who's totally ignorant and says really stupid things) Both sides fight each other daily all over the net.

KaineMaxwell
11-19-2002, 08:15 PM
Studmaster, how much of Zeta have you seen? others I do want to check out is Turn-A Gundam and SEED one way or another.

And the Amuro/Char conflict is incredible, and also makes you think a bit about life and humanity.

Nietsche
11-19-2002, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by RyuHayabusaDOA2

Little Known Fact: Gundam Wing is a thinly veiled storyline of the UC Saga.

thinly veiled? I thought it was quite blatant...
anyhoos...i think i'll go for 08th MS Shotai (i love Chihiro Yonekura's 10 years after and Shining in the middle of the storm)
and closely followed by War in the Pocket due to the wonderful Mikimoto artwork (and it's opening and endings are qutie catchy too)

Studmaster
11-19-2002, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by KaineMaxwell
Studmaster, how much of Zeta have you seen? others I do want to check out is Turn-A Gundam and SEED one way or another.

And the Amuro/Char conflict is incredible, and also makes you think a bit about life and humanity.

Seen it all, twice, and I have seen all of Turn A as well. Seriously, my biggest beef with Zeta is Camille Vidan. The hate I have for this guy is massive. I really didn't think he was that talented as a Pilot, and he was only so good because he was a Newtype, unlike Amuro who at least learned how to become a competent pilot on his own before his powers awakened, Camille's piloting skills were handed to him, and he gets to be the crap out of pilots who are 20X better than him.

Nitsche: It's not really blantant until you have watched UC Gundam extensively. You're not going to get what was copied from just saying you watched it.

KaineMaxwell
11-20-2002, 06:35 AM
I only have the 1st 14 eps of Zeta on cd...I so wan tto see Turn A and SEED too. Find me on AIM sometime Stud.

RyuHayabusaDOA2
11-20-2002, 10:56 AM
Yeah Gundam Seed looks cool too...and I like it.. Too bad I only have the first 2 episodes of it arrghh!

Plus I want to see Turn A cause I want to know if Tomino actually did put all of the alternate wolrds in one single universe, so to speak. Plus I want to see how the story goes...

I have seen UC Gundam like this:
MS Gundam
0080: War In The Pocket
0083: Stardust Memory
MS Gundam:08th MS Team
Zeta Gundam
Char's Counterattack
Gundam F91(wasn't all that cracked up to be)

Alternate Universe:
Gundam Seed
Gundam Wing
G Gundam(currently favorite)

need to watch:
V Gundam
ZZ Gundam
G Saviour

and yeah, I didn't like Camille as much either, but Tomino must have been on crack when he named Char "Quattro Baggena" as his alias.

Umi
11-20-2002, 11:15 AM
I like 0080: War in the Pocket "BAANI" ::sniff::

RyuHayabusaDOA2
11-20-2002, 11:21 AM
I kinda forgot to add that I also want to watch Gundam X also. I need to get that series...to see how good it is

SleepingKirby
11-20-2002, 11:24 AM
Well, from a designer's point of view. Pretty much all the gundams up until Wing have been designed with functionality in mind. Meaning it probably would work in real life if the parts exist. Gundam Wing, I think, was designed to look good rather than serve a purpose. God Gundam is pretty good design, but I still haven't seen a design that I like better Wing 0 Custom/Endless waltz. New Gundam, Double Zeta, and G Gundam all come in a close second. Victory Gundam is third. As for series.... what can I say, I like the how "teenage boy makes the army cower to their knees." thing that Wing has. I guess it's what I feel like at the moment. 08th ms team really kicked ass. I just can't sit through a UC series without feeling like, "Why am I watching this stereotypical themed cartoon again?" I know Gundam probably started it all, but I still feel the themes have been done to death.

Oh, I'd just like to say that I really like the verniees on Stardust Memories. Also the Sentinel stuff is really good too.

KaineMaxwell
11-20-2002, 05:26 PM
my store has some large 0083 Gundam models..I may buy one.

RyuHayabusaDOA2
11-20-2002, 07:49 PM
oohh..whch ones, Kaine? and how much are they?

KaineMaxwell
11-20-2002, 08:29 PM
@Ryu- yeah in one episode of Turn-A they actually show images and glimpses from previous Gundam series from the One Year War to X to "present" Gundam.

TRU only has the skill level 1 G Gundam models, we have a $99.99 Gundam from 0083 (I think it's the Unit 2 with the bazooka- skill level 4) and we have a skill level 1 1/100th Gundam from 0083 (I forget which exactly but i think it's unit 1).

I'll find out exactly which we have tommorrow during one my breaks.

RyuHayabusaDOA2
11-20-2002, 08:36 PM
Thanks Kaine. I want to see Turn A now...

KaineMaxwell
11-20-2002, 08:51 PM
You and me both..heck I want to see the rest of Zeta more actually!!

Wolfwood6
11-24-2002, 08:30 PM
Ironically enough i could imagine 8th MS team actually occuring within the next 10-25 years, i mean the gvt is already persuing Giant mecha technology, but in terms of anime, Gundam wing has to be the best GO HEAVYARMS!!!!!

Ammunition rocks

chibi-dj
11-24-2002, 10:10 PM
<---- 1 more vote for Wing
i loved the characters and how everything was soo involved!
Naru: i got the comics of the wing pilot's pasts, iz soooo good! i love em!

The_Sephiroth
06-12-2004, 09:57 PM
Gundam Wing.

Farmboybob
06-13-2004, 12:43 AM
08th MS Team all the way for me.
It just has alot more "power" if you know what I mean.

Recca-kun
06-13-2004, 01:09 AM
*Laughs* Wow this is an old thread, I most definitely changed my choice to Gundam Wing in the eighteen-plus months since originally posting. XD

Farmboybob
06-13-2004, 01:15 AM
Oh snap, I just realized how old this thread was!
>_<;;

Ruri
06-13-2004, 08:06 AM
I'm a big fan of Gundam Wing :)

The_Sephiroth
06-13-2004, 03:31 PM
Yes... I can revive the dead. heh heh

dustbunny
06-14-2004, 10:18 AM
i like Gundam Wing and Gundam Seed

HEDGESMFG
06-19-2004, 08:08 PM
*attacks the MB in a mad fit of rage*

I had a very long post of about 12000 characters giving my opinion and review of every Gundam series released to date, but of COURSE accidently pressing backspace makes the page go back and delete the ENTIRE THING! x.x AWWGH!

Oh well, I'll make another one later. For now, I'll just say that Zeta Gundam is my favorite series, and that it's very much worth seeing if you liked UC Gundam, and even if you've not, give it a chance anyway.

I'll rewrite more detailed reviews later. I'm to peeved at what happened to bother typing it all over again right now.

LancerFoxtrot07
06-20-2004, 01:26 PM
Gundam 08th. No newtypes, no special suits. I liked how it deviated from the other Gundam series by telling the story of an average soldier on the ground. It gets old dealing with the same newtype v. newtype in space. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but the Gundam UC world has the possibility for so many stories, why limit all of them to space and newtypes?

Rizumu
06-21-2004, 03:51 PM
Umm... The 08th MS Team even though the storyline was kinda unrealistic

Gundam SEED would probably be my pick, though i haven't seen Zeta/ZZ/Turn A
Great music, nice graphics, characters "ok". Storyline very very realistic imo. Though you US people'll probably see the butchered subbed version :(

NeverMore
06-22-2004, 11:43 AM
Gundam Seed

Linn
06-23-2004, 03:21 PM
gundam wing :love:
gundam seed
moblesuit gundam
gundam0083
gundam0082
and 8th MS team are my favs in that order!!!

G-Hawk
06-29-2004, 11:58 PM
I've been sitting on this question a long time...I wanted to say the original RX-78...but no, that's not it.

So, I was just wondering, can I say Zaku II? I realize they're a dime a dozen, and the average Zaku unit last 7 seconds in a battle, but they're so cool.

Archelon
06-30-2004, 12:13 AM
08th MS Team.

SephirothXer0
07-02-2004, 10:11 PM
I loved G-Saviour, I think that one comes before Turn A in the UC storyline, right? But after everything else in the timeline. I didn't so much like the movie, but the game was what got me. The designs for all the mobile suits are great, big and intimidating, but still staying realistic. My favorite Mobile Suit would have to be the G-3 Saviour, with the assault cannons on it's shoulders ^_^. Too bad the game never made it here, it was actually quite fun.

Gundam Wing was okay as a series, I honestly only watched it to see what Zechs would do. I think the tallgeese was the best design from that series. The best part of the series had to be the music, it just made you want to blast something with a buster rifle. The Endless Waltz OVA Was a lot better, with faster storyline and a much higher quality of animation. Tallgeese 3 should have gotten more screentime >.<

Gundam Seed is turning out decent, though I think they cut too many corners with the chaacters, because the people look like fanart to me. They put all their efforts into the battles, which aren't very spectacular, either. Another retelling of the Uc storyline just gets too old.

GGundam... yeah that one was just wierd... (finger of BURNING GOD SHINY DOOM!)

0080 War in the Pocket was an adorable story... the animation was clearly 80s style, and the designs were kickass (Kaempfer). Not too long, but didn't cut off too shortly. almost perfect OVA to me

0083 Stardust Memory just kinda threw off the balance of the UC... Another whiny protagonist (like Amuro wasn't bad enough) and an antagonist with about as much personality as prune juice (Zeon will be back!.... and stuff!) The movie version was just too sloppy, and left out all the good parts (the few it had)

Char's Counterattack was a great movie, too bad I only saw a Hong Kong bootleg version with poor fansubbing just like my Escaflowne movie (Lord Florken!). I thought it was finally over for Char and Amuro in that movie, but nooo... they had to bring him back in another series.. (stupid Quattro...stay dead!)

The original Gundam was...well, the original. Not much to say except it's a classic. If you haven't seen it, you don't know anything about Gundam.

I still haven't seen Turn A, Zeta or Double Zeta, Formula series, or X

Zetchi
07-06-2004, 06:02 PM
The only series I enjoyed was Gundam Wing AC... and I love Deathsytche Hell from Endless Waltz.

blackrose99
01-08-2005, 01:42 PM
gundam wing

Cazeson_Zear
01-09-2005, 12:24 AM
Death Sycthce(Sp?) All the way!

Shinsengumi
01-09-2005, 02:47 AM
My Favorites are:

Mobile Suit Gundam (0079 Version)
Gundam 08th MS Team
Gundam 0083
Mobile Suit Gundam (Char's Counterattack)
Gundam F91
Gundam WIng
Gundam WIng (Endless Waltz)
Gundam Seed

very little on Gundam 0080 and G Gundam

Rosebud
01-09-2005, 02:49 AM
Heh, and yet another vote: Gundam Wing.
Not only is it my favorite Gundam series, but it is one of my favorite animes as well. ^_^ I don't know--I just like it! The characters grew on me and the gundams are cool. What can I say?

I've been watching Gundam SEED recently, which seems pretty cool--I can see myself getting into it, but Gundam Wing shall always be number one! :dance:

Katsuyuki_Shiro
01-10-2005, 08:33 PM
DeathSythe Custom because it's so dark, shadowy and cool!! >=D

and Wing Zero Custom because it looks so angelic-ish cool!! XD

JosephCain
01-14-2005, 12:14 AM
Gundam X, Gundam 0083, and 08th MS Team. All Three times, they pretty much drove away from the entire Newtype push, except in Gundam X, they made a mission to locate Newtypes. I find that Newtypes are way to over powered, and the guys in Gundam Wing are pretty low key on personality, except for maybe Duo. As for favorite Gundam, it's got to be the Gundam X Divider. It's got the Satellite Cannon, the Beam Harmonica Cannon shield. Sure, the Satellite Cannon may need a Newtype on board to send a signal to the Lunar Base to unleash the moonlight onto the Gundam X to fire it, but still, the Beam Harmonica, as well as the Two Barrel Beam Machine Gun more than make up for this.

The crew of the Freeden have a lot of personality, especially their kid genius engineer. To stay awake to finish the Divider unit mounting, he actually used the sharp of his screw driver to cut his leg so he'd stay away. The crew worked straight into exaustion and were sent to the sick bay so they'd finish the divider unit in time. That's crew devotion if I ever saw it. Besides, the Gundam Leopard and Airmaster both kick heavy butt, and they even go as far as to uncover the pasts of the two Mercenary pilots that pilot those Gundams. Now that I think about it, the Skygrasper from Gundam SEED looks a lot like the Gundam Airmaster Burst in fighter mode...

Cyan Bloodbane
01-14-2005, 02:14 AM
Original Mobil Suit Gundam (UC 079)

080 War in the Pocket

Stardust memory (UC 083)

If it's not UC, it's NOT Gundam. And that's final.

And my favorite suit is the Zaku II....that or the Gouf.

Mesoian
01-14-2005, 02:36 AM
Favorite Series: 8th MS Team
Favorite Individual Gundam: Talgeese 3 (endless waltz)

zekitty
01-14-2005, 06:26 AM
A good ole fashioned Zaku never failed to do me good! ^-^ And also, I liked Epyon from Gundam Wing! *nod nod* Damn, that GUndam was shweet!