PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else having probs with the hotel???

IXArachneXI
04-14-2004, 10:58 PM
We tried to reserve a room this weekend, but the hotel is refusing to give us the Animazement price. They want to charge me $50 more a day! Heck no! Anyone else having probs with the stupid hotel??

Omittchi
04-14-2004, 11:11 PM
That is the price for a suite! If they are charging you that price for a regular room, that IS wrong. It says right on the AZ site that single and double rooms booked by May 5 are $87 a night. You must of course add taxes, but I got a suite for one night and they are $50 more. I hope you can correct them! BTW, love your avatar! Alice 19th rawks!

SakeNinja2
04-15-2004, 12:24 AM
I don't know of anybody having problems with the hotel, but maybe they only have suites left, or you told them you have more than 4 people in the room (got us charged more before), or they may be running out of room. Still, that's no excuse to overcharge. I would ask to speak to a manager or something. Hope you can get it straightened out. I wouldn't be suprised if they sell out of rooms before May.

Kilayi
04-15-2004, 03:23 PM
that happened to us because on some nights there wenernt the same amount of rooms as there were available on other nights
Example: More perople go Saturday, so more rooms are AZ rooms Saturday night...
I think thats how it is anyways... ^^;;

IXArachneXI
04-15-2004, 03:29 PM
We got two people. The hotel said that Animazement has run out of rooms, but the hotel has plenty that they can give us for waaayy too much money. I e-mailed Animazement about this, and I'm waiting to hear back from them. This is so annoying....I want my room!

char_hakkai
04-15-2004, 04:19 PM
Good luck on hearing back from Animazement.
As far as I know they haven't returned any of their emails. Uwah.

As for the room...meep, I feel for you. I looked up the normal rate there a while ago, and it really is something like $140 or so a night. x_x
But there are only so many rooms for the Animazement rate, and it's very likely that they're all sold out now. At this point you're probably going to have to just pay the higher amount or stay at one of the overflow hotels.

Good luck! ^^

Avanon
04-15-2004, 05:50 PM
Yep, happened to us. We have to pay more for fri - sun. O.o

GreatSG
04-15-2004, 05:52 PM
Remember also it says to mention Animazement to get that price, but I didn't have this problem at all, but I reserved my room back in January.

IXArachneXI
04-16-2004, 12:46 AM
I have been going to cons for years, and I have never heard of a hotel "selling out" of rooms at the con rate.

sakeninja1
04-16-2004, 01:19 PM
I got my room near the end of december and only thing left was double beds and the big rooms. Thats one thing about AZ the rooms do not last long you have to get one early to get the special rate. The hotel looks big but its not as big as others like AWA's hotel but the elevators are a lot bigger. If you went to awa last year you know what I mean was a brawl to get in one.

IXArachneXI
04-16-2004, 05:01 PM
Ever been to DragonCon?

Lovelyangel_81
04-19-2004, 10:54 AM
Remember also it says to mention Animazement to get that price, but I didn't have this problem at all, but I reserved my room back in January.

That's what I did. I mention Animazement and they told me that it's $87/night plus taxes. I reserved back in February.

ShatteredSunset
04-19-2004, 04:30 PM
You really do have to put up a fight. My mom got a room last week. And she had to talk with the manager, ect. before they gave her a room at con discount.

IXArachneXI
04-19-2004, 10:24 PM
really? how did you get the manager? We keep getting sent to a call center in Canada.

Link Arroway
04-21-2004, 07:34 AM
I called day before yesterday, as I was told they have no rooms left for Saturday night and two rooms remaining for the friday night, but that may of been an exaggeration (or random estimate) by whom I was talking to.. I'm going to ask them about suites if they have any left and didn't mention it to me. Hope everyone was able to get a room. AZ website needs to get the alternate hotel information up.. unless that other hotel across the street doesn't want us anymore :|

IXArachneXI
04-22-2004, 03:10 PM
Well I actually got a e-mail from Animazement. They told me yesterday that they were working things out wit the hotel and this morning we called to get our room, and low and behold we got it at the con rate! Huzzah!

Ranma Saotome
04-27-2004, 06:55 PM
I have been going to cons for years, and I have never heard of a hotel "selling out" of rooms at the con rate.

I've been going to cons for six years and I have heard of cons selling out at the con rate. Where have you been?

Archelon
04-27-2004, 07:10 PM
The place is totally out of rooms now. Crapola.

Ranma Saotome
04-27-2004, 07:19 PM
The place is totally out of rooms now. Crapola.

Psst!!!

http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=34173

I have 3 spots open...

Archelon
04-27-2004, 07:22 PM
Well, thanks, but it's too late now. We just reserved with another hotel.

RHIshida
05-02-2004, 02:12 PM
Hey, anybody else need a room at a nearby hotel or anything? I'm going to attempt to get a room at the nearest hotel (which is like right across from the Sheraton Imperial) and I need people to help split the cost :P

Ranma Saotome
05-04-2004, 10:37 AM
Hey, anybody else need a room at a nearby hotel or anything? I'm going to attempt to get a room at the nearest hotel (which is like right across from the Sheraton Imperial) and I need people to help split the cost :P

http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=34173 - I'm looking for 2 more people.

Prof Farnsworth
05-08-2004, 12:58 AM
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=34173 - I'm looking for 2 more people.

As of today, are you still looking for more people? I have found that rooms are available at the wingate which is only .38 miles away (is there a closer one?), but I'd much rather stay at the sheraton. Is cash alright? personal check? cashier's check? money order?

In case your room's full do you know of any others in the sheraton who are looking for warm bodies to take up space and split price?

thanks - JMW

Ranma Saotome
05-08-2004, 01:17 AM
Yes I am! ^_^ Is it just you or do you have extra people?

Prof Farnsworth
05-08-2004, 01:47 AM
Yes I am! ^_^ Is it just you or do you have extra people?

Just me. Which nights did you have booked? Do you think there will be stuff going on Sunday night?

Ranma Saotome
05-08-2004, 01:57 PM
Friday to Sunday. The con ends around 3. Do you have paypal?

Prof Farnsworth
05-09-2004, 12:20 AM
Friday to Sunday. The con ends around 3. Do you have paypal?

No, I don't have paypal. So are you not booked for Thursday night? Are you going to the Pre-Con event on Thursday night?

Ranma Saotome
05-09-2004, 10:59 AM
I will be there, but I will be staying with someone else.

Will it be possible that you can get paypal? The faster we can collect payment the better. If not, I'll collect at the con. ^_^

Prof Farnsworth
05-09-2004, 09:50 PM
I will be there, but I will be staying with someone else.

Will it be possible that you can get paypal? The faster we can collect payment the better. If not, I'll collect at the con. ^_^

My gmother (my accountant) would rather I pay you when I get there. I can give you my cell # if you wish. How much per night did you say? Also, when I said "booked", what I meant was, is the check-in time thursday or friday? Could you tell me how many others will be in the room? Thanks

Prof Farnsworth
05-09-2004, 10:01 PM
My gmother (my accountant) would rather I pay you when I get there. I can give you my cell # if you wish. How much per night did you say? Also, when I said "booked", what I meant was, is the check-in time thursday or friday? Could you tell me how many others will be in the room? Thanks

I wanted to add that the reason I'm going to pay you when I get there is not that I don't trust you, it's that I've run out of money this month so my Grandmother is paying for it, and I have to pay her back next month. And because she's paying for the room I have to, you know, follow her wishes. I hope that doesn't cause a problem.

Ranma Saotome
05-10-2004, 01:24 AM
Ok, that works.

Check in time is Friday morning. Right now it is 50 per person. We are in the process of finding one more person to lower the price just a bit.

Prof Farnsworth
05-10-2004, 03:55 AM
Ok, that works.

Check in time is Friday morning. Right now it is 50 per person. We are in the process of finding one more person to lower the price just a bit.

Definitely count me in.

Ranma Saotome
05-10-2004, 02:25 PM
Definitely count me in.

Excellent, you can PM me your cell number.

kohaku3589
05-16-2004, 06:59 PM
just ignore this post please read the other ones

kohaku3589
05-16-2004, 07:03 PM
oh oh please that would be great how much oh the possibility of going sorry really want to go I want to see yuu watase if you have not already found enough people please let me know how much

kohaku3589
05-16-2004, 07:07 PM
I would have to pay you at the con I already have a ride up there and I really don't mind staying in a room with people I met online doesn't bother me at all there are some rooms open at the sharaton now if you did not already make the reservation but yeah they have like 6 not sure how much