PDA

View Full Version : Ghost In The Shell2:ManMachine Interface

Dark_Kamui
11-19-2002, 08:51 AM
I know that Dark Horse has the rights and is in the workings to translate the Masamune Shirow's sequel to Ghost In The Shell but I picked up the untranslated version at Otakon last year from the Kinokuniya bookstand and I'm wondering if anyone knows any sites that ahve the manga translated.

Beramode
11-20-2002, 04:40 AM
I don't, but what I'm curious is if you recieved the first-pressing bonus? I saw it in stores when it came out, but I didn't have the money to pick it up, nor was I terribly interested in a 'sequel' to a great work that I don't feel a sequel could ever live up to.

If you did... what the heck is it (the first press bonus)? O_o it looked sorta like a poofy sticker from what I could tell, but I don't remember...

SohjiroX
11-21-2002, 12:45 AM
I read in a letter telling they might make this as the movie sequal, any thoughts of it being true?

Dark_Kamui
11-21-2002, 07:07 PM
After stumbling upon some info about the manga *nods*yes, the one I have is a First Edition of it. What you saw isn't a poofy sticker but a mousepad that came with the book in it's shrinkwrap. I'm not sure if this is what they would make the sequel to the movie from if they even do make a sequel but I know that I do want to see the Ghost In The Shell tv series that is playing now in Japan and is soon going to be translated by Bandai Entertainment for release over here.

Beramode
12-01-2002, 01:57 AM
The TV series is actually quite good... I haven't read Koukaku Kidoutai 2 yet (though those of you who've read the original compilation re-release would've known a sequel was on the way :P), but I don't think the TV series is based off of it.

mughi3
12-01-2002, 04:53 AM
big thumbs up for the tv series, the first episode alone is better than the movie. it's closer to shiro's art style, has humour, and most importantly-tachikoma's.
:D