PDA

View Full Version : PMX Masquerade Wants YOU!!!

AngelJibrille
04-15-2004, 07:10 PM
We still have available spots for the Masquerade :) Please come join us with your great costumes for a chance to win fab trophies and cash prizes! :D

Honestly: being in a Masquerade is simple and fun... just bring a CD of your favorite music, or pick from our collection, and strut your stuff on the stage!

We welcome any costumes, from J-Rock to J-Pop to Anime to C-Pop to Asian film (such as characters from Battle Royale or Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon), Asian animation (such as Yu-Gi-Oh, Gravitation, or Wonderful Days), Asian comics (such as Card Captor Sakura, I.N.V.U, or Story of the Tao), Asian-origin video games (such as Final Fantasy or Ragnarok Online), or Asian music stars (such as Malice Mizer). We also welcome EGL (Elegant Gothic Lolita) and EGA (Elegant Gothic Aristocrat).

You can sign up here:
http://www.anime-online.com/masquerade/pmx.html

Marisa
Cosplay Events Manager

Anele
04-15-2004, 09:00 PM
Heh, I honestly wish I could, Marisa! *hugs* I just don't have the money to afford a PMX ticket! :(

Evil Bishounen
04-15-2004, 09:17 PM
One of my friends and I are definitely interested, we just had one question - do we need to be pre-registered with the convention, or can we just register at the door?

If things go well, we'll sign up sometime this weekend... :spinner:

Suzushichan
04-18-2004, 07:23 PM
I'll definately be in...but what costume to take...? Oo

XJhideSB
04-21-2004, 02:50 AM
As long as the masquerade doesn't interfere at all with any of PLC or TMR's stuff I will definately be in it.

Kitty
04-21-2004, 02:11 PM
I just put my name up .
It sucks tho the skit I wish to do I wanted my bestfriend to be in it with me oh well this will be the first time I am up on stage by myself .

shogun
04-21-2004, 06:06 PM
As long as the masquerade doesn't interfere at all with any of PLC or TMR's stuff I will definately be in it.

I hope to have the preliminary performance schedule up tonight.

Mike

Zelly
04-23-2004, 08:23 AM
...do you yet? XD

Reaver
04-23-2004, 09:43 AM
Could I cosplay Gir in the masquerade? I dunno cuz its not asian, but that s the one that I would wanna do onsytage! XD

AngelJibrille
04-23-2004, 12:35 PM
Could I cosplay Gir in the masquerade? I dunno cuz its not asian, but that s the one that I would wanna do onsytage! XD

Sadly, no :( It's just that I have to draw a line somewhere or we will end up with Harry Potter, Star Trek, SCA/RenFaire and Lord of the Rings costumes. Not that I don't love all those things :) but there are already a ton of conventions for that sort of thing (check out Comic Con International, etc.). The only CartoonNetwork-original-type cartoons that we would allow would be Samurai Jack.

Thanks for your interest though :) I'm sure the Gir costume is great :D

Marisa
Cosplay Manager

FlameSniperRei
04-27-2004, 07:52 PM
Marisa, why do you rock so much? :)

Xyque
04-30-2004, 11:23 AM
I signed up Marisa, sorry people for only having a walkon and no skit for you to watch.

Tetsugyu
05-27-2004, 12:08 AM
Hey Marisa, it's Jarod the big Anoying dude of The Experts of Cosplay. Any Chance I could do a walk-on as Chief Ootsuka from Tetsujin Nijuu Hachi Go in Honor of the Late Mitsuteru Yokoyama? I think that would be really awesome if you still need people.

AngelJibrille
05-27-2004, 12:32 AM
Hi ^_^!

We'd LOVE to have you!

I've closed online registration, but at-con registration is still open.

- Masquerade Registration: Santa Barbara Room (Anaheim Hilton)
Hours:
- Saturday (05/29): 10pm - 6pm
- Sunday (05/30): 10am - 2pm
- Masquerade Judging: Ventura Room (Anaheim Hilton)
Hours:
- Saturday (05/29): 12pm - 6pm
- Sunday (05/30): 10am - 2pm

I hope to see you there :D

Marisa

Tetsugyu
05-27-2004, 12:35 AM
AWESOME! I'm so stoked! Thanks so much Marisa!

Ironic isn't it? I'll be getting on your nerves at a different Masqu Convention this time! Minus the rest of my awesome cosplay group. I keed I keed. ;)

LadyAmaryllis
06-01-2004, 02:59 PM
So who were the winners, anyway? Unfortunately I had to miss it :(

FlameSniperRei
06-01-2004, 03:13 PM
^.^

I want to take time to personally Thank Marisa Price for putting the Masquerade together and being so accomadating despite all of the techincal issues that came about. *bow* A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL MASQUERADE STAFF AND PMX STAFF FOR BEING COURTEOUS AND HELPFUL! :D :D :D

Evil Bishounen
06-01-2004, 03:27 PM
So who were the winners, anyway? Unfortunately I had to miss it :(

It's on the Fan's View report:
http://www.fansview.com/2004/may2004/pmcosp.htm