PDA

View Full Version : two lil things...

Vulpes
04-15-2004, 11:37 PM
Ok, after reading the rules I found two things that wondered me...

1) What's that about "no P2P talk"?
I mean, since those forums are about cosplay, discusing p2p clients would be simply off-topic, so it's allready covered by the no-off-topic rule, so why enforce the rules sooo much against p2ps?
Don't take me wrong, I don't even use P2P share programs (Google is enough for me) so I'm unaffected by that. Actually, I'm glad to see a comunity which is highly agains illegal stuff (as long as moderators don't become paranoid and start banning things that are legal ^^U), but why get mad with the tool when it's the people who uses it who's responsible for the illegal stuff?
Just being curious.

2) Missing boards???
There in the rules you mention some "Babble Board" and a "Serious Discussion Board", but I can't find'em in the index!
The funny thing is that when I was doing some searchings I got into threads from those forums and were able to enter them from the links. They just don't appear in the index. Is that just me or what?

Admin
04-16-2004, 12:02 AM
Ok, after reading the rules I found two things that wondered me...

1) What's that about "no P2P talk"?
. . . but why get mad with the tool when it's the people who uses it who's responsible for the illegal stuff?
Just being curious.
A few members would say we're just tyrants, but the truth is that many times when people start talking about P2P clients, some people start posting links to places to download stuff with the P2P clients, and then we wind up with links to things like full Sailor Moon episodes. It's one of the stricter rules here but it keeps the "download" links to a minimum, and they're bound to pop up like crazy in an anime-based community.

2) Missing boards???
There in the rules you mention some "Babble Board" and a "Serious Discussion Board", but I can't find'em in the index!

They've been gone for two months now, I just haven't updated the rules yet to reflect this.