PDA

View Full Version : Yay! Possibly my first anime convention!

Xanthe Kelsylva
04-15-2004, 11:54 PM
:D Yay! I think I can go to Anime North! Last year my brother went, but I was busy. But this year I don't think I have anything on the calendar for that weekend yet. Not definate; but I might be going with him and his friends this year. Yay! My first convention!

I have 3 cosplays planned if I do go. I have an NES-style Maria costume done (from FF2j). I just need the pants, vest, and arm thingies for my Amano-style Celes costume, and I have my wall market Cloud crossplay planned out. :D I'm so excited!

I was just wondering if anyone wants to dress as a character from FF6, FF7, or FF2. I would absolutely love to have a wall market Aeris to parade me around when I dress like wall market Cloud or a Firion or Locke to hang out with. I don't think any of my brother's friends are into cosplaying.

Also, is there anything I should know about conventions and entering contests? I have 3 possible costumes to enter, plus I can sing and dance for a skit. And I have a really awesome AMV I made.

Kohana
04-18-2004, 07:01 PM
Cool you sound well prepared... congrats on your first con,... hope to see you there

YukiPhnx
04-20-2004, 06:20 PM
well, i don't think you have to worry about ppl cosplaying anything from FF. cuz that's a popular cosplay preference. have a great time at AN this year! i kno -I- sure did at my first con. :jjacks:

Lyulf
04-20-2004, 07:13 PM
This will be my first time at this con, the last con I went to was Novacon in 90

Bata
04-20-2004, 07:16 PM
congrats on ur first con ^^ have fun there!! hope to see yeah there too :bigtu:

chocola_charat
04-20-2004, 08:21 PM
Yay! It's my first con too! I'm going as FFX-2 Thief Rikku. Already have my scarf knitted and dyed! Took me an entire two weeks x.o Maybe we'll get our picture taken together! *Going on Saturday*

the_tennyo
04-22-2004, 01:07 AM
haha too bad it wasnt sunday to wednesday *the days I'll be in toronto* I'll be there saturday night, but at like 9 pm so im not gonna be able to go for the night. :P
It wont be my first anime convention, but my first Anime North it will be :)
are there still lots of people on sunday?

Amy the Yu
04-22-2004, 10:06 AM
Not everyone returns for Sunday since the main con days are Friday and Saturday. Sunday's more of a wind down day and people get last minute things they wanna do/see done. It's also the least cosplayed day. Sunday is comfy day, so many cosplayers leave the costumes behind, or wear less elaborate ones and just hit up the dealers' room or where ever.

If you're going to be around on Saturday, just drop by anyway. Even if you're too late for the Masquerade (which rocks), join us for the J-pop/J-rock dance. That's really late at night, so you'll definitely make it. You really should try to make it for as much Saturday as possible. It's the best day. XD

Lyulf
04-22-2004, 01:43 PM
most are in comfy close more than likely for recovering from the night before

angelcosmos
04-22-2004, 05:59 PM
Not everyone returns for Sunday since the main con days are Friday and Saturday. Sunday's more of a wind down day and people get last minute things they wanna do/see done. It's also the least cosplayed day. Sunday is comfy day, so many cosplayers leave the costumes behind, or wear less elaborate ones and just hit up the dealers' room or where ever.

Yup, that's true. I usually like Sundays the best since it's not soo busy and just more calm. May be that's because after the Masquerade and the dance everyone gets all tired out *lol*.

Saturdays are always chaotic because of the Masquerade! XD

the_tennyo
04-22-2004, 07:32 PM
I don't think I would be able to go on the saturday night even if I wanted to *_* and it would probably be a waste of money for just going a couple hours the night~ but! if I go to anime north next year, I will definitely go ALL days! XD

lainey
04-22-2004, 08:04 PM
yeeeah...sunday is my lazy and simple costume day lol

and yeah...usually tired from the busy saturday lol