PDA

View Full Version : We have often discussed FAN RUN cons VS. CORPORATE EXPOS...so..

Kaijugal
04-16-2004, 12:57 AM
Yes, we've often discussed it and spoken at length about the differences.

I found it really interesting and refreshing that TCON (aka Toronto Trek) posted a breakdown of it's expenditures this year along with a description of each item. I posted the link here: LOOK HERE IF YE DARE (http://www.tcon.icomm.ca/info.html). It's awsome that these cons run completely on the graces and hard work of unpaid volunteers! (That includes staff and concom).

Mekou
04-16-2004, 07:51 AM
>> It's awsome that these cons run completely on the graces and hard work of unpaid volunteers!

Yeah, it is. =) It's does take out a lot your own time and there is muc sacrificing to be made. <o< I know this. ^^

Ninja Sensei
04-16-2004, 11:09 AM
I found it really interesting and refreshing that TCON (aka Toronto Trek) posted a breakdown of it's expenditures this year along with a description of each item.

Actually this data was from TT13 in 1997.

Hikaruchan
04-16-2004, 11:45 AM
I just wish we had their budget :)

Kaijugal
04-16-2004, 01:58 PM
Actually this data was from TT13 in 1997.

Thanks for pointing that out Ninja Sensei.*laughs* Ah. I pulled it from this years website so I didnt' even notice.

I did post it just to give people an idea of how it works and to dispell some myths. :) The application would remain similar even if the year is different.

Ravnos
04-18-2004, 03:14 AM
hmm , CN manages to be downtown in august , but they get a lot of trekkies and comic book people too i guess

Kia
04-18-2004, 11:33 AM
CN Anime is a COMMERCIAL FOR-PROFIT convention. They are NOT a Fan Run Convention.
Most of the discussion we have is Anime North vs. CN Anime, because one is fan run and the other is not.

angelcosmos
04-22-2004, 07:05 PM
>> It's awsome that these cons run completely on the graces and hard work of unpaid volunteers!

Yeah, it is. =) It's does take out a lot your own time and there is muc sacrificing to be made. <o< I know this. ^^

CNAX volunteers works hard too!!! XD Especially all those newbies asking what's the difference between sci-fi, comic con, and anime expo. *grr* I've answered that soo many times I've lost count... hahaha

archangeli
04-24-2004, 02:46 AM
Thanks for posting that Kaijagal - it was a very informative read :)