PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Movie Costumes?

Eleryth
04-16-2004, 12:46 AM
(This is all deduction, as there was a character sketch for a girl named 'yuki-something [kanji I couldn't read but is most likely hime]' which makes me think it's the movie.)

I was excited about this, until I flipped thru a magazine and saw the character sketches (at least, that's what I figured them to be) and a color image of the new outfits for Sakura, Naruto and Sasuke. I think someone went colorblind or something.... >.< They put an orange vest over Sakura's red outfit, and a purple shirt underneath Sasuke's blue and white one (why that one, I have no idea). The sandals are a bit different, and they wear gloves. Naruto and Sasuke have short black/dark blue ones, and Sakura has long pink ones to or just past her elbows. Sasuke and Naruto also got capes of some kind, but in the movie color image, Sakura was wearing Naruto's.

I wish I had a picture to show. If I had a scanner, I would have bought the magazine just for that.

So... is this wacky promotion, or is this really what they are wearing? Anyone else seen the costumes? I admit, the b&w sketches look cool, and made me want to make them, but the color images.... I hope they're wrong and just a promo shot.

Zirofax
04-16-2004, 08:51 AM
I don't think there are new costumes.... dunno though... the trailer is here: http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/naruto/story_f.html

Catboi Blues
04-16-2004, 09:18 AM
It looks like there are new outfits, but they appear to be for a funeral. But if there is a new character, then you have another cosplay possibility for you there.

baku_neko
04-16-2004, 10:32 AM
I wanna see that pic you're describing. Sounds interesting...

Cyber Wolf
04-16-2004, 11:02 AM
There's a pic here: http://www.naruto-movie.com/

Eleryth
04-17-2004, 10:28 PM
That's the one! The color combinations scare me...

(and yeah, I noticed the "all black" funeral clothing in Naruto, too)

KakashisAngel
04-19-2004, 12:37 AM
hey is gaara even gonna be in it?*blinks*he has to be*flails arms*

Kurai Kaze
04-19-2004, 08:49 AM
Probably not. It looks like this is The Third's funeral. The All Black outfit that Kakashi wears appears to be the outfit that most of the Chuunin and Jounin wear under their vest.

Catboi Blues
04-19-2004, 08:51 AM
My bad, I believe that's for this upcoming week's episode. Sorry about that. As for what outfit that is, we'll just have to see.

Kurai Kaze
04-19-2004, 09:00 AM
Ah, the horrors of not knowing a website's native language. lol. Ah well... I would suspect Gaara's not gonna be in it (the movie I mean). I think Naruto's gonna do some killing this week.

Melchior
04-19-2004, 10:58 AM
Probably not. It looks like this is The Third's funeral. The All Black outfit that Kakashi wears appears to be the outfit that most of the Chuunin and Jounin wear under their vest.

You might want to watch the spoilers there...

KakashisAngel
04-19-2004, 11:20 AM
noooooooooooo i must see gaara*flails arms while running in circles*such dispar

the_tennyo
04-19-2004, 11:34 AM
gaara fan as well here~ :) XD
he's awesome.
I gota picture from my friend I don't know if its fanart or not but gaara apparently has new costume, kankuro has new facepaint, and temari's new costume *not very different from the first ones* is it for the show or manga? or is just art do you think ?

on that picture up there, it looks like they are in a movie because of the director dudes in the background? or is it just supposed to be to know its a movie, im so stupid

jen_kat
04-19-2004, 02:33 PM
tennyo - The picture that your friend probably sent you is the fan-colored image of a page from the latest chapter of the manga out, chapter 212. I've seen it, so I know what you're talking about.

As for the image at the movie's website, I suppose that that might be be explained on the page itself.. so it's be best to ask someone who can read and understand Japanese quite well.

the_tennyo
04-19-2004, 07:01 PM
perhaps I should send it to my friend sayaka and ask her :) im, curious, oh so curious

Eleryth
04-19-2004, 08:18 PM
From what I can tell, the movie is an original story, and the outfits are explained as being for protection from the cold, because there's a new village (friend or enemy?) - "The country of the snow". I think it could be from one of their missions earlier (as one of the webpages talkes about A rank missions).

The suspected title is (the large blue kanji on the page):大活劇 雪姫忍法帳 (だいかつげき ゆきひめにんほうちょう) The webpage and the byline use two different but similar kanji for 'chou' [帖] and I am not sure why.

Translation: Large fighting scene, 'snow princess ninja arts' (as best I can tell... stupid kanji for having more than one meaning - can also mean 'snow princess ninja skill/arts scroll' (the last kanji, means something like 'notebook' - in Naruto's world, its a scroll)).

That's all I get from it, other than the release date (possibly to theaters) is August 21. Can't wait to see!

Chibi Ice Wolf
05-02-2004, 03:01 PM
Sakura looks like a witch with no fashion sense. Sasuke...should just never ever wear purple! >.<

kitkatkashi
05-17-2004, 01:47 AM
I think I know why the shoes are different.In the original sketches of Naruto,Masashi
kishimoto drew Naruto with thoses sandals,but tired of all wayts having to draw them,so he (In an interview) said he just decided to create the sandals their wearing in the anime/manga.. or some such theory.Though I have seen the original sketches,and Naruto was wearing those freaky sandals..

kitkatkashi
05-17-2004, 01:50 AM
From what I can tell, the movie is an original story, and the outfits are explained as being for protection from the cold, because there's a new village (friend or enemy?) - "The country of the snow". I think it could be from one of their missions earlier (as one of the webpages talkes about A rank missions).

The suspected title is (the large blue kanji on the page):大活劇 雪姫忍法帳 (だいかつげき ゆきひめにんほうちょう) The webpage and the byline use two different but similar kanji for 'chou' [帖] and I am not sure why.

Translation: Large fighting scene, 'snow princess ninja arts' (as best I can tell... stupid kanji for having more than one meaning - can also mean 'snow princess ninja skill/arts scroll' (the last kanji, means something like 'notebook' - in Naruto's world, its a scroll)).

That's all I get from it, other than the release date (possibly to theaters) is August 21. Can't wait to see!

isn't that the release date for Japan..(or do you live in Japan? o.o)

Eleryth
05-17-2004, 07:33 PM
Yeah, it's Japan's release date, but it wouldn't be much after that before copies start flooding the internet, I bet.

I doubt it will release where I am (too far north), but yes, currently in Japan (and wishing I understood more of the language...meh. Naruto rules either way).

kitkatkashi
05-20-2004, 02:05 PM
Yeah, it's Japan's release date, but it wouldn't be much after that before copies start flooding the internet, I bet.

I doubt it will release where I am (too far north), but yes, currently in Japan (and wishing I understood more of the language...meh. Naruto rules either way).

I see..Thank God for the internet *huggles her compie*

I'd be so lost without my connection @.@