PDA

View Full Version : Toronto Fabicland Locations

KittyCanuck
04-17-2004, 05:15 PM
Right, I'm confused and annoyed right now. I just spent two hours dirving all over town trying to find another Fabricland location. I only knew where two were (Yorkgate Mall and Yorkdale Mall) and they closed the Yorkdale mall one ages ago.

The Yorkgate one is where I usually go, but they don't have the fabric I need right now, and I can't for the life of me actually find any of the dozens of other stores they have around here! The Official Site (http://www.fabricland.ca/locations.html#greater) list of locations doesn't even match the locations listed in the phone book (http://www.yellow.ca/y/search.name?p_lang=0&p_lang=0&p_type=cn&p_val=Fabricland&p_ct=Toronto&p_pr=ON). (I know the phone book's out of date, as it lists the Yorkdale and Albion locations still). The official site lists one on Dufferin near Yorkdale mall, but I couldn't find it despite driving up and down the street several times. I also was unable to find the "new flagship location" on Yonge St, but the traffic was terrible right there so I might have just missed it while I was watching the road. o_0 Are they tucked back from the road, or hidden in some other way? :rolleyes:

Could someone be kind enough to give me some actual directions to a Fabricland store that actually exists? I'd like to be able to get to one before I move to a town where the nearest fabic store is 2 hours away!
Thanks!
^_^

Amy the Yu
04-17-2004, 05:32 PM
My home's way out in Scarborough, but there's one on Lawrence road, right at around Midland road. It's not much different size wise from a couple of other ones I've been to, but I have to say that they have more...strange fabrics. It was their extensive pile of various fun furs in the back that gave me the idea to try cosplaying as Atashi (pink bunny from Chobits). Although it got scrapped cause no one really enjoys walking around in thick pink fur outfits in summer.

dani
04-17-2004, 05:46 PM
I've been recently to the following ones:

Mississauga 25 John Street, at Hurontario
Mississauga 1911 Dundas Street E. (at Wharton Way)
Toronto 2450 Bloor Street West, west of Jane
Richmond Hill Richmond Centre, 9737 Yonge Street, at May
Toronto (North York) Empress Walk - 5095 Yonge Street

so I can attest of their recent existence.

Cheers
Dani

KittyCanuck
04-17-2004, 05:46 PM
Thanks!

I'm in North Etobicoke, but I have a car so in theory I can get just about anywhere! ^_^

Yeah, I think the warm weather is my trouble too. I need some white double-sides polar fleece, but the Yorkgate store is out and isn't getting more in, because no one wears fleece in the summer either. :/

Edit: oooh, thanks dani! As long as someone says they exist for sure, I should be able to find them eventually, right?

^_^

archangeli
04-17-2004, 07:09 PM
there's also one RIGHT at Bloor and Yonge St (in the mall underneath)

lainey
04-17-2004, 09:03 PM
that's the one i go to after classes at uoft ^_^

nuriko001
04-17-2004, 09:22 PM
theres one in scarbourgh, uh.. warden and something.. i think brimley

KittyCanuck
04-17-2004, 09:54 PM

Oh yeah! I knew that one existed because I found it by accident when I got lost once in first year! I completely forgot!

*checks* And that one's even open Sundays! I can go tomorrow! ^_^

Thanks guys!

archangeli
04-19-2004, 12:04 AM

yup - it's one of my favorite Fabricland stores. doesn't have everything I need though..

I like the one near Markville Mall. They have a great stash of stuff, but the staff there can be ditzy. Twice they've overcharged me. (situation 1: i bought 0.2m (aka 20 centimeters!) of fake fur. they charged me for 2 full meters! um... that's a $60 difference...)

and there's another one somewhere on Yonge, north of Steeles that I like too.

i used to go to the one at Yorkdale all the time, but since it's not there anymore I've had to be resourceful... rar...

Sarcasm-hime
04-20-2004, 12:54 AM
They're actually having a Birthday Sale right now--a lot of stuff is 50% off. yay!

archangeli
04-20-2004, 01:48 AM
yup. dressforms are 50% off - $188.(and change...)

still too pricey for me :schitzo:

dani
04-20-2004, 07:32 AM
yup. dressforms are 50% off - $188.(and change...)
still too pricey for me :schitzo:

One day we have to oraganize a Wrap-each-other-in-duct-tape party, and get custom forms for everyone.

Actually... I was reading and gummed paper tape is recommended over duct tape, because it won't leave a sticky residue on the pins.

dani

lainey
04-20-2004, 09:51 AM
LOL
just a question..
would dress forms EVER be around 100 only?

Catboi Blues
04-20-2004, 12:35 PM
In Michigan you can with a coupon. Personally I need to find this material called Hipster which is a 4-way stretch spandex with like a latex/vinyl coat on it in any color I can. Any chance anyone's seen this at Fabricland?

heki-chan
04-20-2004, 02:27 PM
My dad picked up ours for $110 with taxes, I think.

I lubs it, even though I dont really use it. o_o;

Her name is Diana ^_^

dani
04-20-2004, 02:34 PM
You don't use it...... Can I borrow it? :)
j/k
Dani
BTW: I'm dead serious about the wrap party, for whoever is interested

archangeli
04-21-2004, 01:20 PM
In Michigan you can with a coupon. Personally I need to find this material called Hipster which is a 4-way stretch spandex with like a latex/vinyl coat on it in any color I can. Any chance anyone's seen this at Fabricland?

Nope. If only ....

You'll need to head down to Queen St. for specialty stuff like that. The only stuff they carry at FabricLand is the crappy vinyl for outdoor tarps...

Mari Moni
04-21-2004, 11:22 PM
LOL
just a question..
would dress forms EVER be around 100 only?

lainey.... asami ish scared >_< kowai yo...
*hides behind lainey*

lainey
04-22-2004, 09:40 AM
*pats*
amy are you scared of dress forms?

anyone know when the next fabricland sale is?
think they'll have some next month in may or in june?

dani
04-22-2004, 10:10 AM
They always have some kind of sale. Even more if you are a member.

Dani

archangeli
04-22-2004, 11:02 AM
They are having one now Lainey - it's their "36th Birthday" sale so most things are 35% off, lots are 50% and there's a raffle every week at every store for a free sewing machine ;)

Squall1882
04-22-2004, 11:37 AM
I just checked out the ones at Fabric Land.. they are ok.. but basic Umm.. They had some nice ones at a store on adelaide just west of Spadina.. they also sell mannequins there (lol.. sorry don't know how to spell that word.. heh heh) but I forgot how much they are.. :( It's streetlevel at some art college.

Lainey-san anata wa Nihonjin desu ka. Chugokujin desu ka. Soshite, nihongo o hanashimasu ka.

archangeli
04-24-2004, 01:56 AM
Lainey-san anata wa Nihonjin desu ka. Chugokujin desu ka. Soshite, nihongo o hanashimasu ka.

hehehe... Lainey is always getting mistaken for "everything but...."
Since I had to work to translate that - here's my bit for you ;)

Sie ist nicht japanisch. Sie spricht Chinesen und Englisch. Dies ist ein Forum. Wenn Sie private Nachrichten haben, schicken Sie sie mit der "PM".

Luckily, English is a germanic language :p

lainey
04-24-2004, 10:11 AM
Iie, Nihon-jin dewa arimasen!
chugoku-kin desu.

^if that was wrong..patty DON'T SHOOT ME -_-

YOU AND YOUR CRAZY GERMAN! *thwaps*
yeah i went in for the sewing machine LOL >_<

i'll be going in may probably...

130 for a dress form?
is that a good price?

*tugs* btw SQUALL my friend's doing AC cloud too! so you guys need some pics!