PDA

View Full Version : Well...that was cool ^_^

NoLable721
04-17-2004, 07:43 PM
I dunno about you guys, but I had fun. Even if it did started off rainning, but it was cool that most people showed up. I was kinda down that we couldn't have play volleyball...that wouldn't been sweet...WE COULD HAVE play "Slip and Slide" instead ^_^;;...hahahaha...I can see it now...*shakes head* Did anyone else have fun?

NoLable721
04-17-2004, 08:05 PM
Awww, that musta sucked. Actually many people here didn't get a ride...Maybe next year...It kinda rainned for a long period of time anyways...and everyone that was wearing high skirts/shorts, or was wearing some kinda top (That shows a lot) Was freezing...not until the end, the end was kinda fine, it was fun...yea, it was fun...

Anele
04-17-2004, 09:15 PM
Well, even if it was raining, I still would have loved to attend... Why the carpool never got in touch with me after I called her, I don't know... It's kind of like Riceball's situation... -_-

We MUST have a cosplay.com gathering at Anime Expo! XD I'll be there!

Andvari
04-17-2004, 09:35 PM
hey did you get my PM Anele check you messages alright thanks!!! sorry for any inconvience

Ukatavi
04-17-2004, 10:46 PM
I was there (pionts to Inuyasha wig) It was my first cosplay event. Besides the rain I thought that was the funnest I'v had in ages. Did any one get pics of me? (if there digital pics or you can scan them) pleaze send me a copy, only if ya want to. I think I'll be going to many more Cosplay.com events, and possibly drag some more people with me.

:' ^n_n^ ':

PS: Darn missed the group photo shoot T_T, but my heart and soul were left there. \m/

Chanté
04-17-2004, 11:13 PM
It was great!!!! :D It was also the first time I had seen many c.c moderators and members in person, which is always an interesting experience. Hello to all the people I met! XD

Freya
04-17-2004, 11:55 PM
Definitely had a great time! I was the Frodo running around all day. I hope no one catches sickness from the rain! (Feels a cold coming on)

Anele
04-18-2004, 12:09 AM
Awww, I am even more saddened for being unable to attend! -_-

Emiko
04-18-2004, 12:21 AM
I was there, and I had fun! I was Mimi (pink dress and cowboy hat). It was cool to see everyone in person. I wish I could have stayed longer after the sun came out, but the family got bored :(

I agree, we should definitely have a Cosplay.com get-together at AX this year! I remember last year, I saw a HUGE group of people walk by with a sign saying "Cosplay.com Denny's Invasion," and I thought, "I'd love to be a part of that." I'm not saying we have to go out to eat again, but it would be great if we got together.

I took about 50 pictures, which I am going to post tomorrow, I hope. And yes, Inuyasha, I do have pictures of you. :)

Anele
04-18-2004, 12:27 AM
AX Cosplay.com gathering! As a sunnier sequel to the still-lovely cosplay.com picnic!

laserkei
04-18-2004, 12:39 AM
It was nice meeting everyone from cosplay.com! I had a awesome time besides the rain everything was peachy. ^ ^

CinsAngel
04-18-2004, 12:42 AM
I had more fun at this picnic than the last one! but then, I was only able to stay a couple hours last year. AWSOME costumes this year! And It was really great seeing how the rain didn't dampen anyone's cosplay spirit. It was a BLAST!
It was awsome seeing everyone again and meeting some new friends! Please come and say hi if you see me wandering a con okay?
BTW, I was Ginny Weasley and The Paper. :)
Can't wait to see the pics!!

Cins

Richii
04-18-2004, 01:16 AM
It was so very cold for me but it was a ton of fun so it was worth it! It was great to see everyone and meet some new people. I also had a lot of fun getting my Marth-ie butt kicked at SSBM. It was really fun that that was set up to play! All the costumes were great! I wish I would have been able to find my camera at home but its lost some where in the depths of doom that is my sewing room. I can't wait to see everyones pics so please post if you got them! Anyway, great to meet everyone and I hope I get a chance to all hang out with you later on (in hopefuly sunshine!) and like Cins said if ya ever see me at cons dont hesitate to come up and say hello! Thanks to everyone who put all the hard work and time in to make this happen!

Kawaii Elric
04-18-2004, 01:26 AM
AX Cosplay.com gathering! As a sunnier sequel to the still-lovely cosplay.com picnic!

Yeah that would be nice :bigtu: , considering that I wasn't able to go to the picnic :waaaah:

Ami Yuy
04-18-2004, 01:55 AM
Fun, fun, fun, fun!

LadyAmaryllis and I really enjoyed ourselves. I was the Eowyn Shield Maiden *points to avatar* and she was the Arwen in the Rose Dress.

Whee! The rain and cold were not fun...but it was otherwise. ^_^

NoLable721
04-18-2004, 02:01 AM
I enjoyed being there ya? It was a really fun experience...hopefully next year, we'll have some kinda sport thing (Besides Wakka throwing that ball around hahaha)...I dunno, I think it woulda been funny if we all play Volleyball or soccer or something in our outfits. Yea!!

Jess the Kitty
04-18-2004, 02:04 AM
That was great.

I'm looking through the forum now and I ACTUALLY KNOW WHO YOU PEOPLE ARE. *sparkle*

My photos'll be up shortly.

Rogue Marvel
04-18-2004, 03:08 AM
so much fun!
cartwheels in the rain!

*spins*

can't wait for PMX now!

*waves to the deenys crew*

Jubei-chan
04-18-2004, 03:11 AM
I had fun ... Dennys was awesome ... Cosplaying was awesome .. People are RAD! there was no attitude or tension or anything ... i loved this picnic ... I love you all ... I know I'm not THE Glomping Ed (RogueMarvel ^_-) ... but this one is for everyone ::GLOMP::

<3 to the LotR peoples ... you rock my socks!!!

was:
Ed - CBebop
Vash - Trigun
Hobbit (Pipin) - LotR
Seiryuu no Mino - Fushigi Yuugi

Jubei-chan
04-18-2004, 03:13 AM
so much fun!
cartwheels in the rain!

*spins*

can't wait for PMX now!

*waves to the deenys crew*

::GLOMP:: ED!!!! >_< Eeeeeee!!!!
You really rock my socks girlie!!! We conquered those cartwheels!!! And the attacking of Jedi person and Spike person!!! Mission complete! ^_^

See ya at PMX!!!

Anele
04-18-2004, 03:14 AM
*gasp* You were Pippin? You were MY hobbit?! o.o *bawls out*

NoLable721
04-18-2004, 03:59 AM
I was Fujin (Crappy but it works), Lain, and Yuki (Spring Uniform though)

HybridTwist
04-18-2004, 04:06 AM
Yeah, I had a blast at the picnic. I almost wasn't going to come, but one of my friends wanted me to come, so i did. I was Alexander Anderson. It was cool that it stopped raining like at three or four. It looked like everyone had a good time too. And for everyone that went to Denny's after the picnic, that was really fun too. I had a blast, I laughed my a$$ off. And if anyone would like to chat with me AIM me:

rktamachan

And for the people that took pics of me (Anderson from Hellsing) I would really like it. I would have brought a digital camera, but I couldn't find it.(T^T)

LadyAmaryllis
04-18-2004, 04:09 AM
*wave* This is the short little Arwen *points to Avatar* I'm the one Ami Yuy keeps talking about! See, i told you I would post! I've been at cosplay.com for awhile but have been afraid to say anything, so I've just been observing...^_^;

It was great to finally meet all of you guys. I was really intimidated at first, but you all were so nice and welcoming that I felt better right away. Thanks for the great experience, congrats on the great costumes, and see you at PMX!

duck
04-18-2004, 04:45 AM
I had an awesome time!

I was the girl with the stuffed sheep and black coat. I'd managed to leave my EGL dress at home(don't ask how - I just put it down and forgot to bring it) and improvised with what I had.=)

You all rock! It was great seeing all you people that I know again, and great meeting people that I didn't know!

*muah*

Rey-Rey
04-18-2004, 05:46 AM
With nothing but a T-Shirt on! I never felt so beautiful... as I do now! When I'm with you!

Sexy Leopard
04-18-2004, 07:55 AM
I had soooo much fun too! I'm really glad i went. It is alot dofferent now that when everyone post's i can put a screen name w/ a face now. hehe Oh and i was Tifa (the one w/ the really long hair) I can't wait to see everyone's photos!

Suzushichan
04-18-2004, 11:17 AM
yup, fun, some sun....WARK. =(:)> <---(chocobo)
er, yeah. I was also Integra, Utena, and Ryoko.

Rogue Marvel
04-18-2004, 12:03 PM
lordy..i didn't get home til 12 last night!

I had way to much fun

I'm still not sure how I maniged to get up this morning ^_^

chibi_kitsune
04-18-2004, 01:59 PM
Oh man I forgot about the picinc! Me and my bad memory. Oh well I couldn't go anyways cause I wouldn't have a way to get there, if it was last week I would have been able to go then, maybe next time I guess.

Dawn
04-18-2004, 03:26 PM
I was the late Alucard :D whoo. go me. yay. lol

i had a lot of fun this year. better than last year ^^ talked to more people than I did last year :3

MisforMurder
04-18-2004, 04:17 PM
Hm, how to summarize my feelings on the subject. Well, I definately had fun! Even if no one really knew who I was. Most people probably thought I was a random punk who showed up to crash the party. Sheesh, doesn't anyone read Paradise Kiss? At least one person did and he took my picture too! Yahoo! I was glad that someone did, considering I didn't realize I had a perfectly good working camera sitting in my back pack at home. Gah, I can be so stupid sometimes.

As for the rainy weather...I missed it! I was still at home trying to get the spikes to stay up. What a hassle. On the plus side, I did meet a lot of cool people. The Lord of the Rings people...what can I say. The Eowyn, Legolas and Pippin were really nice and fun to talk to. Plus there were other cool people as well!

My only regret is that I didn't bring a camera, to take thousands of pictures of everyone. -sigh- I was sad I missed the Lolita Tea Party. That would of been fun to witness. Also, the Boba Fett guy and his friend were awesome too. Too bad I can't remember anyones name. Personally, I think the event should have been held by the lake. There would have been some really great landscape shots and a wider field to go crazy in. Heh, not that it stopped me from zooming everywhere.

Ah well, it was a wonderful event and I'm glad I got to attend! Meeting the people I did was cool and I think they had fun too. I can't wait until Anime Expo! Having a cosplay.com meet up would be awesome. Until then! :rockon:

Jubei-chan
04-18-2004, 04:23 PM
PinkHairedBaka: ::waves:: >random Pipin hobbit person< Hi Hi!!! Yeah ... sorry cus I was one of the people that from afar thought you were a random punk kid ... but apon closer inspection found a really rad Arashi cosplayer! Tell me next you plan on cosplaying him and I'll drag my friend that does Miwako along for the ride! ^_^ !!! Please be gentle with her though ^_- !!! Totally fun meeting ya!

Morgen_Stern
04-18-2004, 06:28 PM
I had so much fun with all of you at the picnic that I had to join Cosplay.com myself!!! Big thanks and hugs to Llyod for bringing me!!! ::glompages:: I was so wonderful meeting all of you! Especially all the other pretty Lolis. Let's all arrange a Loli-day together!

Tenshi
04-18-2004, 07:08 PM
I had fun, even though it seemed as if something was trying to tell me I shouldn't have worn Suu to the picnic. Rain with a completely satin costume + a wing harness that didn't want to work + an accidental Coke spill = baaaaaad time to wear Suu ;_;. But I had fun as one of two dementors ^^.

It was nice meeting some of you and talking again to others!

1wingedangel
04-18-2004, 07:16 PM
Well it was my first cosplay event with you guys, and it was fun i just wish i had got there soon and not got lost.Any hope hope to see you all at Anime Expo .

Anele
04-18-2004, 07:51 PM
1winged, you're attending AX?? Woo! What costume are you bringing? Sephy? Boba? Both?

laserkei
04-18-2004, 08:27 PM
No problem Morgen ^ ~

xfallenangelx
04-18-2004, 08:35 PM
I had a super time! It was my first cosplay.com event and I had a blast. I enjoyed metting everyone and putting faves with the screen names. BTW, I was the "other" Tifa ^^V

PinkHairedBaka- GAH!!! I knew it!! I was like "Hmm looks like Arashi from Paradie Kiss.. nah couldn't be.." You were Arashi, right? *feels stupid is not* GAH.. I ran out of film around 3 o clock and my friend and I (Shampoo) had 4 cameras in Total

Ukatavi- I saw you and took your pic. You also took a pic with my little "Koga" I'll e-mail them to you when I get them developed! *curses film camera*

stefaniecat
04-18-2004, 08:36 PM
Hi there. This was my first cosplay event...

I too had a lot of fun, though I was still sick, and couldn't stay too long ('cause I had to dance that night, and the weather was really bad on my cough). I got there with my boyfriend and a friend of our around noon, and it was still raining - and yet that wasn't stopping anyone! There was just enough cover from the shade stuff to keep everyone from being soaked, and there were a lot more people than I thought would be there with it raining! You guys are really dedicated!

It was neat meeting all of you people. Everyone was so nice! Thanks Admin for putting this on.

Hopefully for the next event I'll actually have a costume finished... I was the 'generic Resident Evil STARS agent' (and my Boyfriend was another STARS agent), but the outfit wasn't finished, and with the weather I was wearing a jacket anyway, so the full effect was lost... but it was really fun. I've been inspired!

Onyx
04-18-2004, 08:53 PM
Even with the rain it was a lot of fun :D. My friends and I had a great time even though we could only stay a short time :( (sends evil beams towards work). This was my first cosplay event and everyone was sooo nice. I hope to do this again soon!!

Sana-chan
04-18-2004, 09:09 PM
I was surprised it rained so much! At least it let up in the end, though ^_^.

Reaver
04-18-2004, 11:23 PM
This was my first cosplay.com sponsored event too! But I loced it! And I think people loved the DDR (wet or not) XD. Well, I had a really fun time! I only wish I could have gotten pix. Oh well, I'll just download everyone else's! X3 Well, Im bringin my new and improved Seras costume to Anime expo and possibly comic con this year, mebe Pacific Media Expo, oh welL! Glad to have met everybody and I hope to see u cosplaying in the future!

PS: I was sooooooo happy to see the Hermione cosplayer who cosplayed a Faye last year when I was Electra at the AX03 Bebop gathering, it was good to see u! XD

Reaver
04-18-2004, 11:23 PM
This was my first cosplay.com sponsored event too! But I loced it! And I think people loved the DDR (wet or not) XD. Well, I had a really fun time! I only wish I could have gotten pix. Oh well, I'll just download everyone else's! X3 Well, Im bringin my new and improved Seras costume to Anime expo and possibly comic con this year, mebe Pacific Media Expo, oh welL! Glad to have met everybody and I hope to see u cosplaying in the future!

PS: I was sooooooo happy to see the Hermione cosplayer who cosplayed a Faye last year when I was Electra at the AX03 Bebop gathering, it was good to see u! XD Hope u make it to AX04!

HybridTwist
04-18-2004, 11:25 PM
Hey Rouge, I beat your time. I got home like at 1:30AM.

You were at the Denny's get together, right. Sorry that my memory sucks, but who were you again? Really, really sorry. Were you Nabeshin?

xfallenangelx
04-18-2004, 11:42 PM
Ginny Barrie, she was Ginny XDD lol
~Anji

Rogue Marvel
04-18-2004, 11:54 PM
Hey Rouge, I beat your time. I got home like at 1:30AM.

You were at the Denny's get together, right. Sorry that my memory sucks, but who were you again? Really, really sorry. Were you Nabeshin?

no no no

I was the ed/yukino

my sister was nabeshin

and how did you manage to get home later then me?

it took me two hours to get home

Shirayuki
04-18-2004, 11:55 PM
lol ^_^ I secretly took pictures of people from random places so hardly any one noticed!!!! Muwahahaaa!!! > >;; but yes it was fun! we should plan a get together again soon! XD that'd be fun! once a year's not enough O.O we should have it like every month XD

Jubei-chan
04-19-2004, 12:09 AM
rogue and state alchemist: yeah yeah yeah ... while you are fighting over who got home latest after Denny's ... i will brag that i was snug in bed after dropping off the silent big guy, Legolas, and Jedi boy by 11:30! Oh the warmth of my bed after a long day of bare feet goodness!!! ^_^

Maryssa
04-19-2004, 12:29 AM
Crazy event. I actually didn't recognize most of the people there x_X Just chilled out with my buds and had some good laughs. It's a shame the weather couldn't have been nicer though. I just didn't feel like dressing up in that wetness and cold. In case you're wondering, I was the tall bum walking around with a grey hooded sweatshirt and jeans =p I'm sorry if I was kinda out of it... had a really rough drive down there. I'm really not anti-social, I'm just not raelly good at introducing myself to new people ^^;;;

NoLable721
04-19-2004, 12:54 AM
I recongized a bunch of people, I just didn't know their 1st name, nor their s/n on cosplay.com, besides sara-chan XD

laserkei
04-19-2004, 01:08 AM
I'm really not anti-social, I'm just not raelly good at introducing myself to new people ^^;;;

I am the same way too. But it was nice trying to talk to people. ^ ^'

vegasriff
04-19-2004, 01:51 AM
It was indeed cool! I was glad I got to experience my first cosplay event, and it was great to meet everyone!
Blake

NoLable721
04-19-2004, 02:23 AM
I am the same way too. But it was nice trying to talk to people. ^ ^'

Yea same here. I mean I can intro myself, but it's just hard since everyone worries about 1st imperssions I suppose...

DorkyVash
04-19-2004, 02:28 AM
Hmm I was kindof anti social and quite new to the cosplay world, even in the forums I'm new. I was that standard ninja dude. I didn't really have an anime costume made yet, but i figure most games and anime have ninjas in them =P. So I was cosplaying "Ninja #14". If only my tabi boots fit...

Clueless Case
04-19-2004, 04:28 AM
you need to make that vash outfit....-smashes dorky with a foamy hamer-

ACXchan
04-19-2004, 02:30 PM
LOL I thought I was being loud and rude by going up to too many people and asking for pictures (or rock-paper-scissoring with friends to see who'd do it)! I was Rio de Janeiro Pip from Hellsing, wearing a white suit and eyepatch in the rain. My friend who went as Walter will have pictures up soon.

user name
04-19-2004, 06:56 PM
the picnic made me realize how much I love cosplaying. lol. I was the Ayame from Tenchu 3.

Reaver
04-19-2004, 08:00 PM
Ginny Barrie, she was Ginny XDD lol
~Anji

Oh! Sorry my mistake (miss High and mighty "I know who she was" Anji! XD jk!)

DorkyVash
04-20-2004, 04:47 AM
I guess so, Cass. But I lack the stuff to make a vash costume. Can't ask my mom for help, they already think I'm weird esp for my age to dress up. Might try to get some Naurto stuff, but it's quite pricy.

Reaver
04-22-2004, 09:46 AM
Sometime in the future, I'm gonna make a crossplay Vash! Just dunno when. I have too many cosplays I'm working on doing right now! (including Gir! XD)

Sagara-san
04-22-2004, 04:28 PM
(Imitates Girs voice)HOORAY FOR EARTH! Cuz Reaver gonna cosplay Gir!

WEEEEEEEEHOOOOOOOO!

Emiko
04-22-2004, 08:39 PM
YAY!!! GIR!!! My little sister will LOVE that costume - she's a HUGE Invader Zim fan! (I think it's pretty cool too!)

NoLable721
04-22-2004, 10:33 PM
i thought everyone's costumes were great ^_^

HybridTwist
04-23-2004, 01:03 AM
I guess so, Cass. But I lack the stuff to make a vash costume. Can't ask my mom for help, they already think I'm weird esp for my age to dress up. Might try to get some Naurto stuff, but it's quite pricy.

You should do Susumu from Peace Maker Kurogane. All you need is to add some things onto the costume and you can pull it off. :bigtu:

DorkyVash
04-23-2004, 02:14 AM
Peace Maker Kurogane? Hmm never even seen that one yet.

Reaver
04-23-2004, 09:26 AM
I haven't seen it either.

yeah, I wanna get the stuff for Gir (dog form), but lack of funding sure does put a stop to cosplay creating! XD

Sagara-san
04-25-2004, 05:01 AM
NOOOO! Don't give up Reave! You gots to cosplay Gir in his dog suit. It's gonna take time to save up but you gotta go for it. It'll be a great cosplay like.....my friends Servbot cosplay...only you'll be Gir.

Reaver
04-25-2004, 08:33 PM
What is Servbot? Like Tom Servo from MST3K? XD

Sagara-san
04-26-2004, 03:44 AM
You never played Marvel vs. Capcom 2 if you haven't heard of Servbot right?

How about Trone Bone?

Reaver
04-28-2004, 09:10 AM
Naw, not a big marvel vs capcom fan, and Ive never played it! X3

Sagara-san
04-29-2004, 05:04 AM
Well at AX 2004 you may get the chance to experience the awesome dorkiness of the great Servbot cosplay.

Ukatavi
04-29-2004, 09:43 PM
a servbot is a group of robot servers (hence the name) which serve the Bone family in the games: Mega man legends 1 and 2. Basically there a collection of well placed bolts.
<---- Megaman/Rockman fan :' ^n_n^ ':

Sagara-san
04-30-2004, 01:57 AM
a servbot is a group of robot servers (hence the name) which serve the Bone family in the games: Mega man legends 1 and 2. Basically there a collection of well placed bolts.
<---- Megaman/Rockman fan :' ^n_n^ ':

That is CORRECT! and everyone will see my friend as servbot AGAIN at AX 2004 so keep them peepers peepin for da servbot.

Reaver
04-30-2004, 12:46 PM
ok, I'll do some research an dkeep an eye out at AX! X3

Ukatavi
04-30-2004, 09:35 PM
how does he pull of the shapes? does he use cardboard or something? I'm rather interested know. ^^;;

Sagara-san
05-01-2004, 07:14 PM
/\You mean my friend who cosplayed servbot? Well I'm not sure if she'll get mad at me for telling.

HybridTwist
05-01-2004, 09:52 PM
That is CORRECT! and everyone will see my friend as servbot AGAIN at AX 2004 so keep them peepers peepin for da servbot.

YEAH!!!!!!! Servbots rule!!!! I'm so gonna take pics of that. Does he know when he'll do that cosplay? Like on which day?

Reaver
05-01-2004, 09:57 PM
well, I still have tofind apic of who servbot is so I can recognize him! XD

Sagara-san
05-02-2004, 04:33 AM
YEAH!!!!!!! Servbots rule!!!! I'm so gonna take pics of that. Does he know when he'll do that cosplay? Like on which day?

It depends cuz last year at AX she(oh by the way its a her not him)only cosplayed servbot one day and it was the first day too because it was such a hot day, so if I can coax her into cosplaying it saturday then I'm sure a lot more people wont miss out.

Ukatavi
05-03-2004, 12:36 AM
heres a pic Reaver.

http://terror.snm-hgkz.ch/mirrors/www.thegia.com/news/0009/n30b/servbot.jpg

Kinda cute huh?

Reaver
05-05-2004, 06:27 PM
oh ok! I saw that at anime expo 2003, someone cosplayed him! I thought it was a leggo man! XD

Sagara-san
05-06-2004, 01:48 AM
Yeah that was actually my friend as Servbot.

Reaver
05-06-2004, 09:13 AM
Coolio! XP I was wondering what that character was or if it was some random lego man! XD But I took a picture anyway cuz I thought it was bizarre! X3