PDA

View Full Version : Cosplay Documentary @ Fanime

Kokuu
04-18-2004, 02:38 AM
I'm an avid amateur filmmaker, and I’ve been toying with some time making a documentary of some sorts on the history of cosplay, and just cosplay in general. So I was wondering if anyone attending famine would be interested in conducting interviews for the video. I would love to get a diverse background of cosplayers, both long time pros, and “newbies” and people of all different costuming interests, whether you’re into anime, manga, video games, gothic lolita, j rock, other costumes, WHATEVER… I will give you the questions before hand, since I know I hate being put on the spot in front of a camera. This wouldn’t take very long, since I know we all want to enjoy the con. Something like 2-5 minutes.

So let me know if you’re interested. Keep in mind, this is primarily in the planning stages, and I don’t have anything confirmed yet.

jeans
04-19-2004, 03:51 PM
If there's anything you need help with, I'd love to help out with something like this, even if it is running to get a bottle of water for you :D

Hitori
04-19-2004, 04:56 PM
Wee~ I'd be interested^_^

Nadeshiko
04-19-2004, 09:29 PM
Yay! Another fellow filmaker.

Sure...I'd be interested. Just give me a PM me or email me (erica@scarlet-rhapsody.com) with any updates. Don't worry about taking five minutes away from con time. Being interviewed is all part of the con fun! Looking forward to it!

Genki Panda
04-19-2004, 10:32 PM
Ooo!! Fun fun =3!!!

How could I not be interested ^_~? I'd love to participate or help in some way ^-^. Please feel free to hunt me down at Fanime for this =3.

Make sure to keep us all updated cause I know a lot of people are probably gonna be interested ^_^.

Gotta love film-making ^-^.

Good luck! And have much fun ^_~!

*huggleness!*

K_Valentine
04-19-2004, 11:41 PM
Why not? Please PM or email (yuki@scarlet-rhapsody.com)

Eveil
04-20-2004, 12:43 AM
ooo~h :o
would you be willing to take on a small (I think xD) cosplay team group?

Usagi Mylene
04-21-2004, 06:39 PM
I sent you a pm :D

Kokuu
04-22-2004, 07:00 AM
ooo~h :o
would you be willing to take on a small (I think xD) cosplay team group?

Yeah, sure! Are you guys an on going cosplay group, because that would be fantastic?

What I'm thinking of at the moment is shooting as much footage as possible, and then seeing what I have to work with. Right now I'm thinking I want to mix interviews, personal cosplay stories, cosplay advice, along with con footage with narrative commentary- just like a documentary. I'm not quite sure how it will all fit together at the moment but I'm sure it will all come together. Once I get some stuff outlined, and the basic questions, I'll let you all know.

If you guys have unique or interesting cosplay stories, I would love to hear those sorts of things in the interview. I'm looking to show all the diverse angles of the craft.

Pip Bernadette
04-22-2004, 10:48 PM
ill do it if ya want i have done something of the sort at AX before^_^

Venardhi
04-25-2004, 02:35 AM
Im in! e-mail or PM me with any info I need to know. Ill be waitin. =)

RyuHayabusaDOA2
04-26-2004, 09:20 PM
I'm interested. My contact info is below my avvy

Shin-1chi
04-27-2004, 10:18 PM
count me in, PM me with details and info. ^___^

Tevina
05-11-2004, 12:40 AM
I'd be glad to help you out too. =)

Karisu-sama
05-11-2004, 01:09 AM
This sounds like fun, but I don't know if I'll be daytripping Fanime yet (I'm attending Baycon.)

soygirl
05-16-2004, 10:38 AM
I'm a newbie and Fanime will be my first time cosplaying! If you wanna put me in just Pm me ^_^

L-Lamb
05-18-2004, 04:33 PM
I'll do it too if you still need more people.
What days are you planning on interviewing people?

cherryteagirl5
05-18-2004, 11:27 PM
I'll be J-Rock cosplaying in a costume I made out of black Duck Tape!...you can find me walking around the con all Sunday (the day of the Music Fest)...

Richii
05-23-2004, 01:40 AM
If you still need some people I would love to do it!! Just let me know!